Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Does anyone know what might be going on with CK? I've noticed that Lily hasn't been seen in any wedding or party scenes and has only appeared alone with Billy in their room at the Palazzo. Yesterday when Billy arrived at the wedding he said she was having hair issues. Is that going to make her miss the wedding and the reception too? Wonder what's going on?

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TVForever said:

Because yes, Johnny and Katie should absolutely have been co-ring bearer and flower girl. Especially since their characters are actually there at the palazzo. 

And you'd think that mop would at least have one fuck to give about her children being at her wedding.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Dummer and Not-So-Pouf 

YR-Wedding-Kyle-Summer-rock-paper.jpg?fi

I like them so much better in these tiniest of doses.

Leslie looks so pretty in fuschia.

YR-Wedding-Leslie-HW-.jpg?fit=1230,1316

Nick and nuNoah. I quite like nuNoah. 

YR-Wedding-Nick-Noah-.jpg?fit=1230,717

Nikki - I liked the wrap dress although a spot of Spanx couldn't have hurt. It's a staple in my wardrobe. 

YR-wedding-Nikki-solo-.jpg?fit=1016,1920

Harrison is a cutie but I'm 😠 as to Johnny and Katie being MIA.

YR-wedding-harrison-.jpg?fit=1036,1920

• Love 15

Thank goodness that wedding is finally over. The kiss between Ashland/Victoria was really awkward! I don’t ever see any real passion between these two. And holy cow, Phyllis, what the hell is wrong with your hair?

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Thank goodness that wedding is finally over. The kiss between Ashland/Victoria was really awkward! I don’t ever see any real passion between these two. And holy cow, Phyllis, what the hell is wrong with your hair?

I kept yelling, "Get that effin' hair out of your face, you drunken heifer!"

• LOL 18
  • Love 4

I don’t get why B&B can have a real baby play Steffy’s new son yet Abby must handle a phantom.   

I missed getting a good look at Summer’s dress, only saw that it was red. Can anyone post a photo?  

I liked Victoria’s dress style wise and it fit her like a glove.  But the actress is so thin her bones were showing in the backless dress. I also wished she would have worn her hair in a different hairstyle like an upsweep rather than her usual behind one ear and draped over the other shoulder looking like it needs a good brushing.

Phyllis managed to pout her way through the ceremony.  Getting sick of Jack lurking around her all the time.  Where did his Phyllis adoration suddenly come from when he was dissing her so much when Harrison’s mother was around?  

The guy playing Gaines is not believable.  

Like the new actor playing Noah.  Tessa saying she missed her girlfriend rather than saying her name was weird considering Noah and Mariah are related, it is not like he wouldn’t know who she was.  Doesn’t Noah know Tessa is with his sister?

Leslie’s hair was brown at the ceremony yet was blonde when she arrived at the palazzo?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I have noticed Ashland always grabs her chin and then goes in for a kiss as if to plant it correctly or something.  I agree there is no passion coming from either of them.  I have never seen it from AH with anyone as I recall.  

I so wanted to cut that hair off of Phyllis’ face!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Aww I thought it was sweet. I liked the way she was hanging all over him.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I like them (Vash), too. 

Sphyllis talking during the ceremony was making me so angry. 

I loved seeing Sally and Adam holding hands, Sally chatting up the pastor LOL, and Victoria giving credit where credit is due and thanking Sally and giving her an honest-to-goodness hug. 

• Love 18
31 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I don’t get why B&B can have a real baby play Steffy’s new son yet Abby must handle a phantom.   

They could at least go on ebay and get an old used doll, ya know, something that is at least shaped like a baby.

32 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Doesn’t Noah know Tessa is with his sister?

Yes, he does. It was weird that Tessa just said she missed her, rather than being worried about how she's doing. Wasn't Noah kept in the loop by anybody about Mariah being a surrogate? Sharin, Nick, Faith, Nikki, Grampire, doesn't anyone in his family communicate with him? We heard Dummer's excuse, and we know she's too self absorbed to even care, but out of the rest of his Newman family someone should've said something. It's not like it was a secret.

• Love 17

I was actually surprised that the wedding made it to the end. It was actually kind of a let down. All that drama for nothing. Well, there's still the reception. Maybe someone who chose the chicken will get the fish, or maybe someone will go face first into the wedding cake.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

I was actually surprised that the wedding made it to the end. It was actually kind of a let down. All that drama for nothing. Well, there's still the reception. Maybe someone who chose the chicken will get the fish, or maybe someone will go face first into the wedding cake.

Ooh, I hope it's Phyllis!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

I volunteer Sphyllis as tribute for the face firsting into the wedding cake. 

ETA - JINX! @peacheslatour  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

Well, Victoria decided not to do anything special with her hair, huh?

"I've never seen Victoria look more beautiful" kinda sounded like a backhanded compliment to me, Phyllis. Shut up.

Oh, there's Lily. When did she slip in? Whatever, her man looked like he was about to cry. And what did Billy do with his kids, lock them in the wine cellar?

I'm sorry, the wedding priest made me think of Father Guido Sarducci from SNL.

I have a bed throw that's pretty much the same color and texture as Ashland's tux. Wonder if his pants are fleece-lined too, lol? 😏

Still trying to figure out what the wedding colors are. I guess gray/silver and and varying shades of burgandy and purple?

Phyllis, Victoria can forgive Ashland and not Nick because she's not getting sexed up by Nick. Geez, let it go. Sometimes good intentions have bad consequences. 😑

The panic to stop the wedding made no sense to me. It's not as if Victoria can't get an annulment or divorce. She's had plenty of practice. Meanwhile, I wonder if she and Ashland had a prenup? It'll be interesting if he doesn't die after all. 🤔

Heh, I think Victoria's gown was like a mullet: business in the front, party in the back. Too bad the Ice Queen bride isn't much of a fun time. IMO Phyllis or Sally could've pulled that look off with much more èlan.

Quite touching, I thought, the way Billy bared his soul to Lily about his ex's new marriage. Guess he does truly love her. Poor thing. 😕

Adam, you abandoned your date--in enemy territory no less. Bad form, fella.

Perhaps the MWTs needed to avail themselves of a thesaurus because they couldn't seem get away from referring to the bride as "stunning." I counted at least four mentions today.🧛‍♂️

Re previews, Sally goes for it! Relax, Adam. Just let it happen. 😘

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

Cait Fairbanks is absolutely stunning and has a beautiful voice. 

Courtney Hope is also very stunning and has an amazing body. Courtney works very hard to keep her body in shape. When you get a chance, Google Courtney Hope Workout to see all the rigorous training that she’s able to do. 

RB and EB are very distinguished looking. IMO opinion, it’s the gray hair that does the most to make them look that way. I always told my kids that Grumps having gray hair is better than having no hair at all. 

Now I digress:

Victor’s security is just as inept at the palazzo as it is at the ranch.  

Can someone please put a muzzle on Rodan the Petty. Better yet a muzzle and a paper bag over her head. I’m tired of looking at her sneering face.  The hair in her face helped but not enough but I really think, after her comments to Olive, a plastic bag is required. 

Banana Breath the Gorilla is ready to disrupt the marriage on Jesse’s word without seeing any proof.  To boot, Jesse brings up Nostrils the Weasel and Banana Breath the Gorilla doesn’t even give disrupting the marriage a second thought. I guess Banana Breath the Gorilla thinks that stealing from NE was just and righteous. 

Nikki needs a drink because of all people Nikki has the audacity to opine on Sally when if it wasn’t for Victor, Nikki couldn’t become a snob. 

Summer the Duck learning that Sally was designer didn’t 🤯 because she doesn’t have one but her lips certainly increased in size. 

Very tender moment with Victor and Olive. They both has tears in their eyes. I’m wondering if that was acting or they both had onion breath? 

Go ahead Nostrils, publish the video. The letter is still unsubstantiated but I don’t think Nostrils the Weasel gives a rats ass because if he publishes there is no consequence because of absence of malice just the consequences of the wrath of Victor. 

I really didn’t think that I would see Olive thanking Sally and hugging her afterwards.  Did her marriage soften Olive a little bit?  

Next week looks pretty interesting especially with a possible Sally/Adam hook up and Lauren getting on her high horse with no saddle to ride on. 

• Love 15

Cait Fairbanks is absolutely stunning and has a beautiful voice. 

Yes, she made me tear up a bit.

Victor’s security is just as inept at the palazzo as it is at the ranch.  

AA didn't call them but you're right. Gaines was just wandering all over the place, unquestioned.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

she dipped some frosting off the cake and used it as hair gel? Nick have her a hot beef hairdo ala Cameron Diaz.

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I think they aren't doing the face swallow kisses much anymore. Still her tucking her head in his shoulder (good shoulder that it is) and him running his hand up and down her back made up for it.

So Victor and Adam are trying to decide how to dispose of Gaines body while Nick looks like he is wondering how if air is clear why is the sky blue. Victor can have a few of the locals take charge of Gaines of he could put Nikki in charge of pest disposal. He should have 'took the money and run'.

Still wondering if Gaines is going to kill Ashland instead of living the lifestyle of the rich and felonious.

People like Ashland don't go to jail for Anything so I look for hell to rain down on Butt,,,,Hope hope fingers crossed

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Dang, those vows were longer than Lawrence of Arabia.  And did we really need three scenes of Victor looking longingly into Victoria's eyes telling her he adores her?  Creepy!

I'd laugh if Angelina Marchetti sees Sally's dress and hires her while demoting/firing Summer.  No, forget that... I don't want to lose Sally and I never want to see Summer again as long as I live.  Unless she's one of the dead bodies in the Palazzo Murder Mystery.  My money is on Leslie Brooks as the killer.

Is anybody wearing palazzo pants at this party?  I don't remember what those are, but everyone was making them on Project Runway a few years ago.

Oh no, Noah is making moony eyes at Tessa.  I guess we have our sperm donor for Baby Teriah.  Will it be via turkey baster, or chebao-chicky-baobao?

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Oh no, Noah is making moony eyes at Tessa.  I guess we have our sperm donor for Baby Teriah.  Will it be via turkey baster, or chebao-chicky-baobao?

Well, that could spice up the Newman family Thanksgiving.

"Cook, why is this turkey so dry??"

"The baster seems to be missing, Ma'am "

"My compliments on the gravy, it's extra creamy this year."

Josh Morrow is your go-to guy for any scenes involving wedgies, pocket pool and STD's, no doubt about it.  But his eternally befuddled and pissed off expression when he's asked to play anything else makes him the wrong protagonist for this story.  Put him a corner with Harrison teaching Nick how to play with blocks and leave the rest to the (semi) grown-ups.

I wonder where ButtBiscuit rented his organ grinders monkey suit?  Too bad he didn't play a little with Leslie and Tessa.  No reason Lily has to keep his version of "Pop Goes the Weasel"  all to herself.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3

So, Gaines threatening to just release all the Locke crimes publicly... was it implied that there's supposed to be something new about Ashland in it, that we don't know? Or just that this would "ruin" the company or whatever?  I might need this one explained to me like I'm Summer, unfortunately.  

What was with Josh Morrow's bizarre acting choices recently? He's never seemed particularly impressive, but TBH I don't think he really *needs* to be with this character.  Today was just weird though.  Like he was doing a middle school play, complete with the exaggerated arm folds emphasizing every OTHER word.  

Didn't think I would like new Noah at first, but he seems pretty good.  Kind of interesting how he seems to have that same, slightly different, sounding voice or accent that RA does.  

• Love 11

For all of the buildup to this wedding of the century, I’m very disappointed. But then, I always are.

Right? I remember when Victoria first started talking about it. She said she and Ashland would be inviting business, political, and entertainment high muckety-mucks and celebrities from all over the world. Then later we were told the ceremony itself would be a relatively small, intimate affair, but the reception would be the big deal. Well, if what we saw yesterday was the reception, I'm like, and?

Of course Miss Rona threw a wrench in any plans to have scenes full of extras in diverse costumes but why put the expectation out there if they knew they couldn't pull it off? The show seems to have wanted us to compare this wedding to Nikki and Victor's first one in level of attendance and extravagance but I just see a lot of fail. A palazzo does not automatically connote "wedding of the century" to me. It just means a really big house.

My sister! *slap* My daughter! *slap!* My niece! *slap*

Whee! I had been thinking the same thing when I remembered Noah and Mariah were brother and sister. But OTOH, I 'd been pushing for Abby to use Chance's brother Ronan as the sperm donor so same diff I guess. Be funny though if Tessa temporary loses her scruples, sleeps with Noah again, and gets pregnant. One problem solved, another created.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I loved the interaction between S and A….especially the hand holding.  I believe there’s potential with them.

Also,  I didn’t appreciate the way the actor who plays Ashland placed his hand on the side of AH’s bare back (inside the dress) as they mingled during the reception.  I think he should have had more respect for his costar and put his hand on the fabric instead.   I’m not the least bit a prude and I totally appreciate many things about love scenes, but that bothered me.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

To those who have commented that the show's producers seemed to go all out on the palazzo wedding decor, it may have been mentioned already, but I think we are going to be there for quite a while with the murder mystery of Jesse Gaines evolving. That would call for at least Victor, Nick, Billy, Ashland, and possibly their respective spouses to remain there, until Angela Lansbury, aka Miss Marple, will renew a longstanding friendship with Nikki to be recruited for the solve. Naturally, the affluent Newman family will expand on their inadequate security arrangements, with a reveal that the magnificent palazzo doesn't even have the basic camera surveillance system found in every home in mid-income American suburban homes.

Edited by Julyolo
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Dang, those vows were longer than Lawrence of Arabia.  And did we really need three scenes of Victor looking longingly into Victoria's eyes telling her he adores her?  Creepy!

TIIC have been pushing The Proud Father of the Bride hard with Victor. He's very serious about the Locke-ness/Victoria wedding going smoothly, and all detractors should give Victor a wide berth.

NotBilly is always on thin ice with Victor, but Gaines breaking his financial agreement with Victor is in trouble.

I did get a laugh how Nick is bent out of shape that his opinion of Locke-ness' past holds no weight with his family, and jealous Victor turned to Atonal to assist him with the threats to the wedding by NotBilly and Gaines.

Hard to believe Man Child needs to be reminded if you don't agree with the Newman majority opinion, you're on the outside looking in.

I'd laugh if Angelina Marchetti sees Sally's dress and hires her while demoting/firing Summer.  No, forget that... I don't want to lose Sally and I never want to see Summer again as long as I live.  Unless she's one of the dead bodies in the Palazzo Murder Mystery.  My money is on Leslie Brooks as the killer.

Considering the Marchetti schmatta Dumber and Phyllis were wearing, Angelina Marchetti should rethink her career. <Yeesh!> Those were some fugly formal dresses.

I don't think Leslie Brooks would kill a critic for a bad review, much less a total stranger like Gaines -- Presuming we're talking about Jesse Gaines as the murder victim.

Is anybody wearing palazzo pants at this party?  I don't remember what those are, but everyone was making them on Project Runway a few years ago.

Project Runway is still annoying viewers with palazzo <drink> pants.

Project-Runway-Season-19-Episode-1-Runwa

This mess won the weekly challenge.

18 hours ago, boes said:

Well, that could spice up the Newman family Thanksgiving.

9411602c3a9613f6c1891c884a9d97e5.jpg

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I don't watch this show as much as I used to but I tuned in and saw the wedding.  Ashland looked like he just crawled out of a casket and would have been perfect in an American Horror Story episode.  And what was up with that huge bowtie?

All I remembered about Victoria was that bony back.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I’ve been thinking about Phyllis’ behavior over all for the past 6 months or so. I’m not sure if it’s the character as much as it is the actress. She seems more and more desperate and hateful and just mean. Having read a few of her Instagrams and Twitters, I can see that kind of behavior coming through. At any rate, I hate her character and how awful she is to everyone. Under no circumstances are the writers to put her with Jack Abbott!!!! He deserves so much better and so do we.

• Useful 3
  • Love 18

Sally for the win! Loved that Victoria chose her dress and gave her a hug.  
I love Adam being part of the Newman family and friendly with Nick. 
Phyllis and her hair in her face had no business being at that wedding. The Newman’s will never like her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
59 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve been thinking about Phyllis’ behavior over all for the past 6 months or so. I’m not sure if it’s the character as much as it is the actress.

I've wondered that too, I think it's the actress. Phyllis will always be hated because of the things she's done but at least when she was played by Gina Tognoni the character seemed more down to earth and easier to deal with. Less hateable basically. Not that she was perfect cos it's still Phyllis at the end of the day but still...  

On 10/15/2021 at 2:16 PM, peacheslatour said:

NuNoah looks more like Adam than he does Nick.

Agree 100% I kind of hope they keep this new actor close by, in case Robert Adamson comes back to reprise his role as Noah. I think he'd make a better SORAed Connor instead. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, TeamGabi said:

I've wondered that too, I think it's the actress. Phyllis will always be hated because of the things she's done but at least when she was played by Gina Tognoni the character seemed more down to earth and easier to deal with. Less hateable basically. Not that she was perfect cos it's still Phyllis at the end of the day but still...  

MS a has never been a favorite of mine but in the 90s I thought she could be entertaining as the villain. I don’t know at what point I started to think of her as an over the top buffoonish version of herself but I was glad when Sharon gave her a nudge down those stair. I really liked GT in the role. I never got the reasoning  that they just had to bring MS back. If you want to get someone back get Billy Miller back.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Useful 2
  • Love 20

MS is hysterical in her delivery of lines most of the time.  She is hard to take seriously, can’t stand her clothes, her hair or her constant arm/hand waving.  She belongs on Broadway not the small screen.  I liked her much better when she first came on as the villainous scheming woman trying to get her man.  She was more calculating and a little calmer in her delivery.  End of rant!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

I think MS is too inside her own head and that all these years of being a Scientologist have riddled her brain. The same could probably be said for Sharon Case. In some scenes where the character of Sharon has seen Adam and Sally together Case has seemed like she wasn't just acting like she was jealous. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

hope they keep this new actor close by, in case Robert Adamson comes back to reprise his role as Noah. I think he'd make a better SORAed Connor instead. 

They'd have to recast Adam because I think the actor playing nuNoah isn't much younger than the guy currently playing Adam, at least not young enough to be his son.

In some scenes where the character of Sharon has seen Adam and Sally together Case has seemed like she wasn't just acting like she was jealous. 

Heh, every time I see Adam and Sally having a moment together I imagine the scene had to be approved by SC before it was taped. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Sally and Adam actually take things to the next level because it must be driving SC mad, tee hee. As the portrayer of one of the legacy characters, she has some sway with TPTB but maybe not enough to fight fan wishes. Sorry hon but Sharon and this version of Adam just aren't so hot, while Adam and Sally are fire.

• Love 20
On 10/15/2021 at 2:49 PM, CountryGirl said:

I volunteer Sphyllis as tribute for the face firsting into the wedding cake. 

With an assist from someone. Virtually anyone on set could be the annoyed culprit.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Heh, every time I see Adam and Sally having a moment together I imagine the scene had to be approved by SC before it was taped. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Sally and Adam actually take things to the next level because it must be driving SC mad, tee hee. 

I saw on Twitter - have no idea how reliable the source is - that Sharon Case and Mark Grossman are engaged and soon to be married.  I haven't a clue how reliable that information is, but some lackluster googling indicates that those two  are still a couple.

Who do real-life couples so seldom have any fire onscreen??

• Useful 8
  • Love 8

Sure, NeverBilly deleted that video. He probably has it backed up in several places by now.

Elsewhere, Sally and Adam continue to bring the heat and the cuteness.

I also liked when she tried to be gracious to Jack, he was an ass, and she walked it back. Newsflash, Jack, she's not the one who still very much gives a damn, it's YOU, you bitter, bitter man.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, boes said:

I saw on Twitter - have no idea how reliable the source is - that Sharon Case and Mark Grossman are engaged and soon to be married.  I haven't a clue how reliable that information is, but some lackluster googling indicates that those two  are still a couple.

<shrug>

Who do real-life couples so seldom have any fire onscreen??

The bloom is already off the rose?

In SC/MG case, they aren't particularly talented, alone or together. They both need to be paired with more dynamic actors to carry them.

• Love 7