Type keyword(s) to search

Getting to Genoa You All Over Again: Y&R Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, boes said:

So far, so good, with the Noah recast.  Though Robert Adamson will always have a special place in my heart as the Noah who parked his car on ButtBiscuit's noggin.  I still remember that crunching sound with great fondness.  Nu Noah is going to have to work hard to top that.

So Nikki says that Noah has "grown into a fine young man".  Yeah, about 10 years ago.  She makes it sound like he left Genoa City in short pants wearing his cub scout kerchief.

Dummer can't walk down the street in Milan without everyone recognizing her?  I have no doubt that's true.  Though most of Milan must be wondering why a Disney cartoon character is roaming the streets of their city, accompanied by a shaven headed escapee from an Alabama chain gang.

ButtBiscuit might have set a record, lying to Jack first and then to Lily.  I'm starting to wonder if dating ButtBiscuit is a condition of her parole.  

Another winner! "Alabama chain gang." Lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

The show went all out with this wedding. Everyone looks amazing and looks like they’re having fun. It’s the best Amelia Heineken has looked in ages. It was funny that Phyllis didn’t read the room about the piano solo. Jason Thompson really did look extra sweaty. I don’t know what his deal is. He always looked like he sick or has been partying the night before. While I always thought Robert Adamson was a great Noah they never wrote for him. I will say nuNoah was pretty good today and very sensitive in his scenes with Victoria & Summer. Are there any single females on the show for Noah? I think I’m drawing a blank. He had great chemistry with Josh Morrow which isn’t too hard because Morrow has great chemistry with all the actors who play his kids. I had read that they had met up beforehand to get to know each other and Morrow helped him in his audition when the actor forgot his lines due to nerves. I hope they never leave Tuscany because the show is like a whole different show. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Yesterday Victor threatened Nostrils the Weasel to leave or get thrown off the property but yet he’s still there. I guess it’s because Olive, Ashland, and Victor really rather humiliate him to his face.  No Nostrils the Weasel, you didn’t loose Jesse, he just has his own agenda but it’s going to be nipped in the bud by of all people, Olive. 

When Buttbiscuit "lost" Jesse the Rat, I just figured Grampire's security goons caught him and imprisoned him in Grampire's workshop in the basement, because you know Grampire must have one in all of his dwellings to store his coffins and little piles of soil from his native land. I figured Jesse the Rat was strapped to a table while his rat-violi was being prepared.

Did Leslie make a dialog fopar when she remembered Olive as a young girl at Nikki’s and Victor’s first wedding. So Olive was born out of wedlock?  

Nikki and Victor were not married to each other when mop was born. mop was born in 82 and Nikki and Victor were married in 84.

As for Summer, not being able to go out with every hair in place?  Her hair definitely didn’t look in place today. To me it looked scraggly and unwashed just like Rodan’s. 

Her hair was a mess. That line cracked me up. Did she just get the script minutes before they taped? No one on set had a hair brush, or a paper bag?

• LOL 11
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, boes said:

So far, so good, with the Noah recast.  Though Robert Adamson will always have a special place in my heart as the Noah who parked his car on ButtBiscuit's noggin.  I still remember that crunching sound with great fondness.  Nu Noah is going to have to work hard to top that.

The actor's doing well, being thrown into a big wedding SL with most of Genoa City that Noah is related to in some way, and still smitten with Tessa.

Squashing NotBilly's melon was Noah's greatest achievement, ignoring his dubious artistic endeavors. 

Dummer can't walk down the street in Milan without everyone recognizing her?  I have no doubt that's true.  Though most of Milan must be wondering why a Disney cartoon character is roaming the streets of their city, accompanied by a shaven headed escapee from an Alabama chain gang.

With that scorched hair and those lips (What did she do to herself?), and the terrible Mylar cocktail dress. Then there's Kyle, looking like a Devil's Island resident in an ill-fitting Men's Warehouse suit.-- I expect the Milanese to stare, if they're not blind.

ButtBiscuit might have set a record, lying to Jack first and then to Lily.  I'm starting to wonder if dating ButtBiscuit is a condition of her parole. 

NotBilly lies like he breaths. That's why it's hilarious when he spouts off about searching for the Truth, to be published in his miniscule media gossip rag. A lie is as good as the truth to NotBilly; he doesn't know the difference between them, because all the windmills he's tilting at are about himself.

14 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Oh my gods, I really did not believe Summer could get any more obnoxious than she already was.  Yet another failure of my imagination.  When did she and Noah ever have a sibling rivalry?  Willing to give new Noah a chance.  I loved the "no fucking way in hell" look he gave Summer when she suggested he move to *Mulan* so they could, like, hang out all the time! 

Dumber will never change. I imagine for all her success in Milan, she's still hissing that Sally's machinations have ruined her life. Cry me a river ...

That was a good sideeye, as if anyone wants to stuck catering to her conceit and bluster.

I know this is the original Leslie Brooks, but I always think of the pretty, dark-haired Leslie who was a part of the whole Leslie-Lance-Lori-Lucas merry-go-round.  That Leslie was more believable as a concert pianist.  This one looks like the manager of a Big Lots.  Phyllis did make me laugh when she looked so bored while everyone else was mesmerized by Leslie's recital.

Those were the glory days of Y&R!

I loved the Brookes Family stories, the business SLs were realistic and the romantic twists and turns of the sisters were riveting. You never knew if things would work out for everyone. 

Shouldn't Nate be taking Ashland to a strip club tonight?  These people don't know how to do anything right.

Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nate would be as uncomfortable as a whore in church. I'm afraid if Nate Natey Nate Nate Nate Nate went to a strip club he'd start giving unsolicited advice on random moles and safe sex, handing out condoms. 

Why was Billy so sweaty, even sweatier than usual?  It's hilarious when he gets all indignant that people suspect he's up to no good when he actually is up to no good!

NotBilly always looks like day old deli fried chicken under the heat lamps.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I know this is the original Leslie Brooks, but I always think of the pretty, dark-haired Leslie who was a part of the whole Leslie-Lance-Lori-Lucas merry-go-round. 

This one is my Leslie Brooks. That dark haired one always seemed like a drab drip after we had this dynamic, interesting one.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

I hope someone can explain this to me.  How can a father, even when said father is Victor, so fully support his daughter marrying a man who’s a habitual liar.  Yeah, I know, he probably sees himself in Ashland, but I just don’t get his unyielding support.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Billy has become insufferable. No disrespect toward Jason Thompson's acting ability but I still wish Billy Miller would come back.

Is Leslie Theo's aunt then? I wonder if she knows about him?

Edited by JasonCC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I think someone above mentioned this - where is Billy getting all this money to give to that smarmy low-life?  Wouldn't you think Lily would ask?    

taking it from Chance Com - B never met a company he couldn't loot. And Doormat Lily goes along. Jill should fire them both and have "Chance" investigate them for malfeasance.  

50 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

I hope someone can explain this to me.  How can a father, even when said father is Victor, so fully support his daughter marrying a man who’s a habitual liar.  Yeah, I know, he probably sees himself in Ashland, but I just don’t get his unyielding support.  

Lets see - rich guy - dying (you know Prick checked out his medical records) handing over a kazillion dollar corporation - Newman love match.

Hell, for that much money Victor would have married him - or made Nick.

Please let someone get pissed enough to tell everyone about Billy's revenge screw of his mistresses daughter (even Phyl was so repulsed by him she dumped him - and grossing out Phyl is like making a possum vomit) 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9

Please let someone get pissed enough to tell everyone about Billy's revenge screw of his mistresses daughter (even Phyl was so repulsed by him she dumped him - and grossing out Phyl is like making a possum vomit) 

THIS! I would pay good money if Rodan just got sick enough of his shenanigans and blurted it out to Banana Brains. As in "Hell Nick, Victoria shouldn't be mad at you. Look at what Billy's been doing and look what he did to Dumber!" The top of Banana's head would blow off.

image.png.d9aba079e1a9e3476a7e2d7a0ee5f562.png

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, JasonCC said:

Is Leslie Theo's aunt then? I wonder if she knows about him?

I can't stand Theo so much I don't care enough to keep facts about him in my head. So Dina and Stuart were the parents of something they gave up for adoption and that something spawned Theo, is that it? I guess Theo didn't think he could milk anything out of any of the Brooks? But you would expect Aunt Jack to say something to Leslie, right? Ugh, just sweep it all under the rug.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I bet the Brookes would have shared their family jewel(ry) with The Oily One!  Oh, wait, probably not Lauralee, if I remember her correctly.

I must comment that Amelia seems to be having a really good time canoodelling with RB -- just about as much as Mop and The Whisperer do.

Elena and Natey Nate etc. seem to be the only good and pure characters in this sea of intrigue.  And Leslie and Tessa, who seemed to be having a good time together.  Also having an interesting time together are Tessa and Noah.

Will Jesse The Rat "fall" off a parapet on the palazzo?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I don’t mind if Phyllis makes Nick’s life miserable. But please, please do not sadly my Jack with that shrew!!

Of course, I meant saddle not sadly. I hate auto correct.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

And there it is. Billy's stupid shattered face in a million pieces on the floor, courtesy of Victoria. Hah hah. 🥳

Well yeah, in Italy you want to buy all the leather shoes and bags you can carry. Italian leather is like buttah so Summer is not wrong about wanting an extra closet. Stopped clock, blah, blah, blah.

Meh, on the one hand it's Kevin. But OTOH, as one of Mariah's longtime friends who hasn't been involved in the Tater situation, maybe he can talk some sense into her.

"...let her make a mistake?" M.f-er, say what? In what universe, William, is it within your purview to "let" Victoria do ANYTHING? I cannot with this fool. 😐

Hmm, 🎶Finally🎶 Was that Tessa's take on the old wedding standard, "At Last"?

How does Sally know her spec gown will even fit Victoria? And what, is she going to try to sell a cover story that Lauren sent the wrong dress? It's going to look suspicious when she offers to do quick alterations with the sewing machine she just happens to have handy. 🤔

Jack giving Phyllis advice on how to handle Nick makes me so mad. The Wikipedia page for "wuss" must have his picture on it now. Grrr.

Wait, Noah is not still carrying a torch for Tessa. No. My guy, I'll send you plane ticket to Miami so you can meet your mom's young sister-in-law, Lola. Look forward, not backward. (Besides, Tessa is spoken for.)

Pshht, Phyllis and Summer were just hating on Sally because she had that bangin' body in a killer dress, while IMO they both looked like they'd just climbed out of a dumpster full of hot garbage. Oh, and Summer, Sally says, "Prego" for all the work she did to set up your new fabulous life in Milan, you ungrateful brat. 🤨

Sigh, I guess Billy must seriously turn Lily out in bed and have a peen like a foot-long Italian sausage. I really don't understand why she always rewards him for bad behavior. He has zero motivation to stop being an excretory orifice.

Ashland said the wedding is tomorrow. Dare we hope or will the writers drag things out for a few more millennia? 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

Is palazzo another name for HOTEL?!  Every single person seems to have a room there so just how many rooms are there?  And I still call drinking game every time that word “palazzo” is used!

New Noah is a hit for me.  It usually takes me a while to accept a replacement and sometimes it just doesn’t happen like Jason playing Billy but I liked him right off the bat.  

You can smell Phyllis and Jack getting together soon, very soon with the way things are heading downwards with her and Nick.

• Love 15

Random thoughts..... Every time I see ButtBiscuit and Lily in the afterglow of their coitus ridiculanus, I start humming the Oscar Meyer theme song.  Lily was so close to ButtBiscuit in that bedroom scene that I wondered, if she put her ear up to his nostrils, could she hear the ocean?

Will ButtBiscuit be wearing his three piece jeans suit to the wedding, along with his Roy Rogers cowboy boots and his six shooter?  How COULD Victoria abandon him for Ashland??  It makes no sense......

I hate musical interludes in soaps, except today.  Tessa sounded fantastic, as did Leslie.

Hi Kevin!  Why, though, do I want to see him get punched in the face every time he's on for more than 30 seconds?

Those two can blather on about Milan all they want, but nobody is going to convince me that Kyle and Dummer don't really reside at Euro Disney.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Lily somebody should have warned you about getting involved with Nostrils the Weasel.  Nostrils the Weasel told you everything Lily?  Did that include revenge sex with Summer?  The more Lily is with Nostrils the Weasel, the more dense she becomes. How can Lily stay with Nostrils the Weasel when she knows that his still madly in love with Olive. Sex couldn’t be that good. 

The look on Nostrils the Weasel was priceless when Olive ripped him a new nostril. He actually look flushed or did the put extra red make up on his oily face and neck.  If you watch on DVR I recommend pausing on Nostrils the Weasel’s face to see what I mean. 

Maybe Summer now can’t imagine her life without Harrison but I definitely can imagine my life without Summer.  And definitely imagine my life without Rodan. What a lowlife petty ass judgement hypocritical useless piece of fecal matter.  Summer is a Rodan mini me. 

Rodan is so proud of Sumner now that she has a vast collection of shoes all made possible by Sally. I’m thinking that Rodan should write Sally a note of apology and gratitude 😉😉.  Summer works for a major fashion house even thought she still manages to look like shit. Like Rodan, her “puppies” flop in the wind. 

Sally and Tessa always look amazing. I’m quite sure Leslie’s piano playing and Tessa’s singing was not prerecorded. I don’t know the name of the songs Tessa was singing but it was very appropriate for the venue.  Noah and Tessa back together again after Tessa chose to be with Mariah over Noah.  I’m thinking this is a prelude to a not so happy threesome. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, boes said:

Hi Kevin!  Why, though, do I want to see him get punched in the face every time he's on for more than 30 seconds?

Because he found the hair that Kyle lost. He should have left it on the floor.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Kemper said:

I think someone above mentioned this - where is Billy getting all this money to give to that smarmy low-life?  Wouldn't you think Lily would ask?    

Billy said he used his own personal money.  But it is Billy, so take that for what it's worth.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, boes said:

Random thoughts..... Every time I see ButtBiscuit and Lily in the afterglow of their coitus ridiculanus, I start humming the Oscar Meyer theme song.  

DAGNABIT BOES! 

<whimpering> I'm stuck with an earworm and indigestion.

I'll have to resort to Prog Rock and Tums to erase the image of NotBilly and Lily boinking in the palazzo. 

<drink>

Lily was so close to ButtBiscuit in that bedroom scene that I wondered, if she put her ear up to his nostrils, could she hear the ocean?

Lily probably can see through the cobwebs and dust motes in that empty brain box of NotBilly's straight out his left ear.

Will ButtBiscuit be wearing his three piece jeans suit to the wedding, along with his Roy Rogers cowboy boots and his six shooter?  How COULD Victoria abandon him for Ashland??  It makes no sense......

It is hard to believe.

9796647516_d7fe8ce17f_b.jpg

Needs a Pullups change.

I hate musical interludes in soaps, except today.  Tessa sounded fantastic, as did Leslie.

They were excellent together. And it's a real pleasure to hear Tessa's voice without the usual overbearing production TIIC regularly use.

Kevin's not so annoying when you don't see him very often. I did like the scenes with Kevin and Mariah. It was interesting to find out Mariah returned to Jabot -- I still want Jack to promote her to his Number 2 at Jabot, including more business-related SLs.

Those two can blather on about Milan all they want, but nobody is going to convince me that Kyle and Dummer don't really reside at Euro Disney.

Euro Disney must be Limbo, because Hell refuses take them, and St. Peter has locked the gates to Heaven against them. 

I do not miss those two jackwagons one iota.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

The actress playing Tessa has a beautiful voice and Leslie’s piano playing was great too.  

They were both good, but I didn't recognize those "classic" songs

• Love 14

Victoria said "YES!" to Sally's dress.

I guess I'll sit at a table for one as I kinda love it.

It suited her perfectly and actually gave her a figure with some vava-va-voom vs a walking stick.

Especially looking at it from the back. That is damn sexy.

FBrVm_DWYAY_NSO?format=jpg&name=medium

And it's SALLY'S dress and everyone, including Sphyllis and Dummer,  was agog over my gal's design and I can't wait for them all to eat a heapin' helpin' of crow when they learn she's the designer. 

I liked Victoria's hair as well.

FBrS7zKXEAwxlKl?format=jpg&name=900x900

I love Ashland's silver velvet tux - fitting for this silver fox.

In fact, I liked what everyone was wearing.

Sally's dress matching her eyes and (consciously or not) pairing nicely with Adam's attire was a nice touch.

His "Well done" and her reaction melted my heart.

And my goodness they are 🔥🔥🔥together.

FBrTKDAVgAIr_R2?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Love 19

Some pics from the wedding and this is the stuff I live for:

I was wrong about Adam wearing dark blue but these two are still sex on a stick.

YR-Wedding-Adam-Sally-2-.jpg?fit=1230,89

YR-Wedding-Adam-Sally-1-.jpg?fit=1230,12

Billy, looking like a bell hop or a wanna-be Wedding Singer.

pjimage-20-3.jpg?fit=1230,718

Jack looking dapper.

YR-Wedding-jack-solo-.jpg?fit=1115,1920

• Love 21
On 10/13/2021 at 1:59 AM, ByaNose said:

Jason Thompson really did look extra sweaty. I don’t know what his deal is. He always looked like he sick or has been partying the night before. 

Holy crap, he looked like he was running the coat room in that horrible suit! I had to do a double take because I thought he was pulling a stunt and dressing up like an employee to throw the wedding.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Holy crap, he looked like he was running the coat room in that horrible suit! I had to do a double take because I thought he was pulling a stunt and dressing up like an employee to throw the wedding.

He looked like he was in charge of the valet parking crew. As if I would trust with him 1974 Oldsmobile.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wait, Noah is not still carrying a torch for Tessa. No. My guy, I'll send you plane ticket to Miami so you can meet your mom's young sister-in-law, Lola.

I was hoping that Lola and Noah would get together near the end of her run.  I think that they would've made a great match.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

It must be wonderful to wake up in the morning fresh as the dew and in full make up with no morning breath.  

We go from the sublime with Sally and Adam to the mundane with Banana Breath and Rodan in a heart beat. 

What’s with Tessa?  She is sitting there with Summer who she really can’t stand but is making faces at Sally who she hardly knows personally. Or was that look Tessa gave Sally because she was giving Summer grief. 

Are capes the dress of the day?  If that’s the case, than Rodan should wear hers over her head.  It looks like Summer’s cape only covered her ass and not her face. One in the same?  

Nostrils the Weasel looked more like the ring master of the circus than a wedding guest. 

As for Olive, she looked amazing in the “Sally designed” wedding dress. I’m sure Summer the Duck and Rodan the Petty will feel very different when they find out who designed the wedding dress. My vote for the most beautiful of the day is Tessa. 

Jack, you give Adam a hard time for bringing Sally because SHE’S disruptive but Rodan the Petty and Nostrils the Weasel gets a pass?  

I see Harrison, but where are Johnny and Katie?  Is there a restriction for having too many kids on stage?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11

So the wedding ceremony is in the Palazzo too. TPTB have to get their money's worth out of that set, huh?

The shoulder pads in Lily's dress were clearly visible to me because they were a darker color than the fabric of the dress. Wonder if that was intentional?

Oh dear, I'm already giving Nikki a bad score on her MOTB/MOH dress. That fabric was rough-looking, and there seemed to be several different colors and finishes. Her patented, "serious business" chignon was perfect IMO though.

Adam's black-on-black getup was gangster-esque to me. Who does he think he is, a mob capo? When in Rome Tuscany...

Summer got her hair did for the wedding. I didn't hate it.

NuNoah said he was feeling a little restless after living in London for a while. Tee hee. He's young too. 😉

Noah's reaction to meeting Sally was not what I'd hoped for. Kinda lukewarm.

Phyllis' dress looked thinly cheap to me, in multiple ways. Bleh. 😒

I think Nick was pretty much pushing Phyllis into Jack's arms by refusing to escort her to the ceremony. But a decent person not named Phyllis who didn't want to show off her bony a$$ probably would've opted not to go either.

And there's Jack just slaying in his tux. He could teach them but he'd have to charge. 😊

Whee, Victoria said the surprise gown was "breathtaking." Now I'm certain one of the MWTs must be a Seinfeld fan. (For reference, see my 11 Oct post upthread. Wonder if Richard Burgi tipped them off?)

Elena's dress: nyet. Something about the fit was wrong and I don't think that murky blue/grey blue/pink goes well with her skin tone.

Sally's dress was more avant-garde than I would've expected but it fit her like a glove. She seems to know which of her assets to highlight, lol.

Lawd help me, I actually liked Summer's dress. Rich, vibrant color and a simply elegant style. Too bad it was wasted on her.

Marchetti? If that's who designed Phyllis' dress, AFAIC they don't live up to the hype.

Yeah, no on that junior prom tux, Ashland. Harrison killed it in his little tuxedo though. He takes after Grandpa Jack, natch.

Seriously, the spec gown fit Victoria without any last minute adjustments? 🙄

Of course this event continues to yet another episode. WWWWHHHYYY? When will it end? 🥴

Joi's wedding attire scores (women's division), on a 10-pt scale:
Nikki -- 7.5
Lily -- 8
Phyllis -- 7
Elena -- 7.5
Summer -- 10
Sally -- 10
Tessa -- 8
Victoria -- 5

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

That wasn’t Harrison that was New Noah. He’s not bad but I liked the recent Noah.

Summers hair looked so ugly!

Why does Sally trip all over herself to speak to Summer and stupid Kyle? She doesn’t owe them anything. Sally needs to focus on that hunk of man, Adam. 

Why would Nick want his whore to attend the Newman wedding without him? So stupid. I’m sure Victoria doesn’t want Phyllis there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, drtslim said:

I was hoping that Lola and Noah would get together near the end of her run.  I think that they would've made a great match.

I remember wincing through Robert Adamson's Noah mounting Sweet Marissa on The Underpants storeroom couch -- Not a good thing.

Saddling Lola with RA would have been unnecessary cruelty after TIIC wasted her on Kyle.

17 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

It must be wonderful to wake up in the morning fresh as the dew and in full make up with no morning breath.  

My Fairy Godmother is a lazy old crone, so no glamour treatment first thing in the morning. Fortunately, I have my own bathroom, so Mr. Stunt doesn't have to witness the sausage-making. No man needs to see that.

We go from the sublime with Sally and Adam to the mundane with Banana Breath and Rodan in a heart beat. 

Sally was the most glam of all the guests, and has been doing all the heavy lifting to make Atonal appear human. 

Nick is neck-deep in the Man Child kiddie pool, and Phyllis isn't helping with her unsupportive sniping and bitching about the Newman's being unfair to her boy.

What’s with Tessa?  She is sitting there with Summer who she really can’t stand but is making faces at Sally who she hardly knows personally. Or was that look Tessa gave Sally because she was giving Summer grief.

Tessa was primarily chatting with Noah. His difficulties as a famous artist plucks at the heartstrings <sniff> Woe is Noah. 

I thought Tessa was trying to stay out of Dumber and Kyle's martyred complaints being handed better jobs in a more fashion-forward city in Italy. Boo fucking hoo. How will that pair of yutz's survive in Milan when their housing is free and they didn't have to work at finding their jobs?

Noah was surprised by Dumb/Kyle's outburst, and Tessa was embarrassed by them.

<Gag>

Are capes the dress of the day?  If that’s the case, than Rodan should wear hers over her head.  It looks like Summer’s cape only covered her ass and not her face. One in the same? 

Capes are a waning fashion thing; very few in the recent Spring runway shows.

I'm not impressed with the Marchetti gowns Dumb and Phyllis were crowing about. Meh.

Nicki's wrap bodice gown did her no favors. Sally's gown was gorgeous. Lily and Elena's gowns <shrug> not a good color for either of them. The men hit the velvet trend; Locke-ness was very handsome, NotBilly was late for his concierge job at the Marriott (those red satin lapels were appalling). Victor and Jack always look fantastic in a classic tux. I'm not sure Atonal's monochromatic tux was working for him. I'm not excited by satin lapels on tuxes.

Nostrils the Weasel looked more like the ring master of the circus than a wedding guest. 

Ha! 

NotBilly is the Ring Master of his Circus of Failures. NotBilly can boink Lily on any flat surface available, and tell her he loves her truly madly deeply until the moon leaves Earth's orbit, and it's all to convince himself that he's not obsessed with Victoria. 

All his digging and wrangling and arguing and panty-sniffing and throwing money at a solution in search of a problem that has moved on with a better man.

His bellyaching that Locke-ness only told the truth to Victoria because he was forced is pot/kettle territory. How many times did NotBilly have to be forced to tell the truth about destroying Brash & Gassy? How many times did Notbilly have to be forced to tell the truth about embezzling money from Jabot when he was CEO? How many times did NotBilly lie about fucking Phyllis while she was married to Jack? How many lies has NotBilly told about his gambling addiction? How many lies has NotBilly told to absolve himself of Delia's death?

NotBilly is a bottomless pit of lies he had to be forced to momentarily take responsibility, to immediately backpedal how it's not his fault ... Blah fucking blah.

As for Olive, she looked amazing in the “Sally designed” wedding dress. I’m sure Summer the Duck and Rodan the Petty will feel very different when they find out who designed the wedding dress. My vote for the most beautiful of the day is Tessa. 

I liked Sally's 20s draped wedding dress. Victoria looked lovely and the color was perfect for her complexion. Her hair and makeup were flawless. She was radiant looking at Locke-ness. EH has really stepped up her dramatization, and looks like she's actually enjoying herself. 

Tessa always looks good. Her posture is so graceful standing next to the piano with Leslie, and her grooming was impeccable.

Jack, you give Adam a hard time for bringing Sally because SHE’S disruptive but Rodan the Petty and Nostrils the Weasel gets a pass?

Jack has been getting increasingly more intrusive, gossipy and touchy, like Mrs. Kravitz. He's better mannered than NotBilly, but just as annoying. I don't care what's going on with him. He chose to be alone and monitoring Phyllis and Nick for cracks in their relationship isn't going help his attitude.

I see Harrison, but where are Johnny and Katie?  Is there a restriction for having too many kids on stage?

They are there in spirit, I guess.

No child actor restriction, but there might be a budget issue.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

I keep forgetting to compliment new Noah on his introduction to Y&R. I’m sure it was a real challenge to enter this show during a major story line like this wedding. I think he’s done a spectacular job! One question not related to Noah: If Gaines is murdered in Tuscany, what will all of the US citizens do as far as the investigation is concerned? They’ll all (or should) lawyer up. Will they be US attorneys? Will all of the suspects (wedding guests) be held there before they’re released to go back to the US? This may actually finally get interesting!

• Love 15

That wasn’t Harrison that was New Noah.

Heh, NuNoah looks young but this was definitely cutie Harrison in his little tux:

KNtsvur.jpg

Speaking of how young(er) nuNoah looks, on another soap forum someone noted that although Summer has correctly referred to him as her older brother, HHK is actually older than the actor playing Noah now. Imagine that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

God, I love Y&R weddings! But WTF is with the velvet? Billy looked like a magician. Ashland is handsome AF but that jacket was nope. Liked Mop’s dress, but still was missing something to wow. I’m not a designer so I don’t know what it is. Hate Summer, but her dress was on point. Phyllis, eff you and your cape.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

I think that tux would have been a disaster on most people, but Loche/RB pulled it off IMO.

Given some of the previews I thought it was gonna be horrific, but was pleasantly surprised to like Victoria's dress.  It really was a good design for her.  I mean all the talk about how stunning it was was a little over the top, but I'm fine with that if it can give Sally a win.  

Also surprised at how much more I'm liking Adam lately.  They're actually letting MG show some charm and personality, and tbh I didn't think he had any.  Much better than the mumbling bad boy routine. 

Please, get off Summer off this show.  She's absolutely worthless.  

Phyllis looked and acted like a pilled up vamp walking into the wedding.  But as much as I hate how stupid and weak Jack is in this story, she does look right with him.  

"Hooo are yuuuuu?"- frat boy Nick walking off his time out session is the one to find Gaines?  Oh boy.  

• Love 18
13 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

No child actor restriction, but there might be a budget issue.

HUGE speculation on my part here:

I'm wondering if seeing Harrison only (instead of all the kids) is part budget, part COVID concerns. After all, the children are too young to get vaccinated, and I would feel uneasy about letting my child on a film set these days (especially in a crowd/party scene). I've assumed it's why we've being seeing Summer Sausage Dominic instead of a real baby.

8 hours ago, deirdra said:

Was Harrison playing both the flowerchild and the ringbearer for this couple with no real friends?

See above. Because yes, Johnny and Katie should absolutely have been co-ring bearer and flower girl. Especially since their characters are actually there at the palazzo. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8