Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 3/9/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, March 9 – KJ Apa (“I Still Believe”); “View Your Deal” with Adam Glassman

Tuesday, March 10 – Nick Offerman (“Devs”); Anthony Daniels (“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”)

Wednesday, March 11 — Elisabeth Hasselbeck guest co-hosts; Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt (author, “The Gift of Forgiveness”)

Thursday, March 12 — Regina Hall (“Black Monday”)

Friday, March 13 — Martha MacCallum (author, “Unknown Valor”); “View Your Deal” with Adam Glassman

• Love 2

A double dose of Adam Glassman this week?  How can we be so lucky?  And Bitsy!

I see Katherine S Pratt is writing pretentious New Age claptrap just like her mother.  🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

More times than not I will look at View's line up each week and find myself saying "Who?".

56 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I see Katherine S Pratt is writing pretentious New Age claptrap just like her mother.  🙄

Yet one more nepotism baby to sit at that table.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

I'm kind of worried about Whoopie.  That statement of Trump's they played about him preferring that passengers remain on the ship wasn't difficult to comprehend.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Here’s the thing, I thought today was the day Whoopie would finally pass out from seeing how obnoxiously long she could say, “Welcome to The View.”

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
(edited)

Hmm. In NY the show was interrupted by Gov. Cuomo' s strange "participatory " press conference on coronavirus. He's sniffing off-brand hand sanitizer. I'm not even kidding. I'd rather see Whoopi and the ladies talk about it.

Good. We're back to Dr. Ashton, who has some sensible information. 

Edited by Vanderboom
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

Hmm. In NY the show was interrupted by Gov. Cuomo' s strange "participatory " press conference on coronavirus. He's sniffing off-brand hand sanitizer. I'm not even kidding. I'd rather see Whoopi and the ladies talk about it.

Good. We're back to Dr. Ashton, who has some sensible information. 

Yes same! I'm in Jersey and I was like wtf? 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Mercy Whoopi yelling / giving instructions on what we should do if we have a cold. 
thank goodness she changed her hair back.   I had a terrible invasion of moths a couple years ago and her dreads looked like larva to me— with little black heads at the end of each dread. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Axie said:

Here’s the thing, I thought today was the day Whoopie would finally pass out from seeing how obnoxiously long she could say, “Welcome to The View.”

Ugh!  It is now my habit to start this show on my DVR, put it on mute and usually look at this forum to prepare for what to pay attention.  You guys always catch things I miss or don’t hear.  And there might be a pop quiz later!  But I can get almost as pissed watching Whoopi  mouth  ‘welcome to .......’ so my eyes are on my iPad.  Wish she would just stop it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

More times than not I will look at View's line up each week and find myself saying "Who?".

Yet one more nepotism baby to sit at that table.

In all fairness, this is her 4th book.  

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

I guess poor Mags is home on her fainting couch, felled by a migraine brought on, no doubt, by the thought of having to face Bitsy....on her former home turf.

Could a cage match be far behind?

I think it's more likely they'd team up to take down Joy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

In all fairness, this is her 4th book.  

Including a children’s book, of course. Why do all celebs think they can write children’s books and self help books?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So many important things going on in the world and the View chooses to do a segment on their producer Brian's unidentified object on his doorbell camera.  WTF?

"It's the coronovirus."

Good one, Joy!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Yes! Meghun is absent today. Whoopi should have included to not be racist during her lecture to the people. I'm glad Whoopi's hair is dark again.

During the Brian Teta door camera segment - 🤣 Joy: It's the conoravirus. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Tosia said:

Nepotism knows no bounds.

It can get you through a door but it can only go so far.  I can't speak for any of her other titles but her book for girls called "Rock What You've Got" is one I would highly recommend to anyone who has tween or teen daughters.

• Love 2
(edited)

This is irresponsible at this point - Whoopi's saying calm down; the numbers aren't that bad in comparison to flu. We need good info. Not spin

#coronavirus is not the flu. See Italy

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, After7Only said:

Love Debra Roberts.  I think that she would make an excellent moderator, if Whoopi would ever to leave.   

I think she'd be a good fit for this show the way it used to be. With Lisa Ling, Meredith, etc. If only it was still like that. :(

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Including a children’s book, of course. Why do all celebs think they can write children’s books and self help books?

Life's hard lessons on the streets of entitlement?

Close personal publisher friends?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Whoopi: Well, you know, part of the problem for American actors is that, you know, our language stems from the English, uh, anyway that's why the English and the Kiwis, everybody, can do Southern accents, it's no problem, because this is part of the language that we grew up listening to.

Everyone else at the table: Uh-huh. Uh-huh. *nodding*.

Me: WHAT?!

• LOL 21
  • Love 1

Never tried a spoiler box but as we watched today, in a commercial preview there was this. Sorry if I blew it 😬😂 it’s no biggie. 

Spoiler

They showed Bitsy and Meghan already talking at the table, so they’re both there and it must be already taped. Can’t wait, ugh. 

I’m a bit of a germaphobe and when the guest host coughed and said she had a cold, Whoopi’s and especially Sunny’s reaction was definitely me, lol. They probably wanted to get up and leave. 

*edit: yay, it worked! 

Edited by whydoiwatchtv
  • Love 3

I am not impressed with Dr. Jennifer Anniston (aka Ashton).  She pretty much says nothing while using a lot of words.  In the two appearances I have seen, she talks a lot about how she could take hours to talk about what she knows, and then she imparts very little information.

I am thankful Whoopi got rid of the weird fake grey dreads.

Whoopi once again mangled the reading from the teleprompter.  It is not that hard.  I have done it quite effectively, and I was never paid a million dollars a year.  But I rehearsed, which I am certain she never does.  She rolls in five minutes before the show and reads the teleprompter as she sees it live on air. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I'm glad the gray blonde dreads are gone because it means The Stand has wrapped shooting.  I'm really looking forward to this, especially in light of current events.  (There is a story linked to the Primetimer homepage about how the coronavirus is unlike Captain Trips.  Good read.)

Yeah, Whoopi's babbling about accents made no sense.  She sounded delirious.

I can't blame Dr Jen for not having much new to say.  The med community doesn't know much yet and there are only so many ways you can say "wash your hands" in a 20 min segment.

Looking forward to Nick Offerman today.  I'm kind of interested in his new show.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, bannana said:

I am not impressed with Dr. Jennifer Anniston (aka Ashton).  She pretty much says nothing while using a lot of words.  In the two appearances I have seen, she talks a lot about how she could take hours to talk about what she knows, and then she imparts very little information.

THANK YOU,  bannana!!!!!

Re: Anyone using a lot of words and saying nothing,  nada, zip.

Whoopi is a master at this practice.

Megaphone does it as well, or as poorly, using more contemporary, au courant terms-- tribal, dog whistle,  over their skis, for example,  which I am 100% positive that she could never define--but since she usually verbally messes up her hubbie prepared/ blue card comments so badly that it makes me laugh at her stupidity.

I am over her and haven't watched in weeks. But we're getting a double dose of ignorance with Bits and MM tomorrow so I may cave in and view the ultra-tanned, hair extension-petting,  faux religious, uber-patrotic spew. 

Empty wordiness is a pet peeve of mine cuz during the rare times that I really want to hear information, specific directions, and am ready to believe the  "expert" , I end up like you,  scratching my head, (oops don't touch there),  saying,  "Huh?" out loud to the tv and my cats.

My cats give me that blase look, like, "What did you expect? It's tv. It's humans." 

Sigh. 

I was at the dentist the other day and that gasbag (tm Frazier) Dr.Oz was on a morning show spewing some nonsense.  Even the hygienist stopped lasering my gums to issue words of disgust at his nonsensical statement guessing,  I mean, his projecting 10,000 to 10 million cases of 19.  He couldn't just say, "We don't know. "  And she's seen disgusting stuff in her day. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I was at the dentist the other day and that gasbag (tm Frazier) Dr.Oz was on a morning show spewing some nonsense.  Even the hygienist stopped lasering my gums to issue words of disgust at his nonsensical statement guessing,  I mean, his projecting 10,000 to 10 million cases of 19.  He couldn't just say, "We don't know. "  And she's seen disgusting stuff in her day. 

I prefer to listen to the doctors who are actually practicing medicine.   I have been doing my own research and looking at the statistics of people who have contracted the virus here and abroad.   The older and/or the more  health issues you have make you more susceptible.  The majority of cases have been mild.  People do recover. That information needs to be told.  I hate the panic and fear mongering happening with the media and I'm including the View.  If there is something new regarding the virus then by all means talk about it but to continue to have Dr. Ashton on to just repeat the same thing over and over again is doing nothing.

• Love 11

Yes, Blondie0332!

Yesterday, I actually googled stats on symptoms, numbers v. deaths, my state,  and recovery percentages.

I was so tired of filler info. 

No doubt we will get more filler for many days/months to come.  Can't wait for Whoopi's expert data.

And the inevitable politicizing by you-know-who's loser daughter,  as she condemns the politicizing.  

• Love 4

Too many people are on today. Too many people on a show with way too many commercials and short clips. Why does the View keep doing this? lol

9 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Never tried a spoiler box but as we watched today, in a commercial preview there was this. Sorry if I blew it 😬😂 it’s no biggie. 

Reveal spoiler

They showed Bitsy and Meghan already talking at the table, so they’re both there and it must be already taped. Can’t wait, ugh. 

Was it an old video, because Elizabeth has been on the show before with Meghan at the table.

I liked Cory's answer to Joy's question about Bernie. I especially liked that he not only said that he loves Bernie multiple times, along with considering him as a friend, but Cory even said he loved Bernie's supporters.

You don't really hear that often, so it was nice to see.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, bannana said:

I am not impressed with Dr. Jennifer Anniston (aka Ashton).  She pretty much says nothing while using a lot of words.

Thank goodness.  I thought it was just me.

Lol!  Meghan - "I am someone who lives in logic".

Meghan said something like "it's quite warm" in Australia and Iran.  It's still summer in Australia, but it's winter in Iran, so I looked it up, and in Tehran it's 62 degrees right now, in the 40's overnight.  In the mountainous regions it's below freezing during the day.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I prefer to listen to the doctors who are actually practicing medicine.   I have been doing my own research and looking at the statistics of people who have contracted the virus here and abroad.   The older and/or the more  health issues you have make you more susceptible.  The majority of cases have been mild.  People do recover. That information needs to be told.  I hate the panic and fear mongering happening with the media and I'm including the View.  If there is something new regarding the virus then by all means talk about it but to continue to have Dr. Ashton on to just repeat the same thing over and over again is doing nothing.

PREACH! I went to visit my brother, sister-in-law, and my niece and nephew by marriage this weekend. ALL are SCIENTISTS. And I'm listening to THEM. Like washing your hands is a new fangled concept, just as covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze.

32 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Was it an old video, because Elizabeth has been on the show before with Meghan at the table.

As someone clarified up thread, Bitsy appeared as a guest host after she was booted. Sometime last year, I think.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Lol!  Meghan - "I am someone who lives in logic".

That illogical cow actually said that? Where is a cattle prod when you need it?

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I liked Cory's answer to Joy's question about Bernie. I especially liked that he not only said that he loves Bernie multiple times, along with considering him as a friend, but Cory even said he loved Bernie's supporters.

You don't really hear that often, so it was nice to see.

lol, I just saw on Twitter that Cory's girlfriend is supporting Bernie and voted for him, so his comments make a lot more sense now.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think a big reason that term was used in association with Meghan Markle is, ironically, her white relatives, because of their belief that they are relevant, somehow, and are constantly running to the press with their horrendous, frankly unforgivable, comments.  That's trashy behavior.

The British press would be a problem, regardless, and I'm happy that Harry and Meghan made the decision they did.  

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, lusinia said:

I think a big reason that term was used in association with Meghan Markle is, ironically, her white relatives, because of their belief that they are relevant, somehow, and are constantly running to the press with their horrendous, frankly unforgivable, comments.  That's trashy behavior.

The British press would be a problem, regardless, and I'm happy that Harry and Meghan made the decision they did.  

I think it is Markle's  paternal side and her behavior to the Queen that was the reason for the remark.  No mention of the the knife that Markle sent Catherine for Christmas that was also mentioned in this same interview.  It would be interesting if they spent time looking into background on Catherine's treatment by the press where her mother's air hostess job was mocked and having a grandfather who worked in the mines.  Perhaps the problem should be labeled form of classism instead.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Tosia said:
  9 hours ago, bannana said:

I agree. She is an OBGYN so why don't they have an infectious disease MD?

I wouldn't want an infectious disease MD talking about giving birth.

• Love 8