Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Shmexual Shmension

• Start Topic

Parsifal sails into strong winds with a baby on board; Adam and Jenna's relationship heats up; Jenna sends Madison to do a beach picnic setup with little notice; Ciara and Parker get into a spat about deck duties.

Airs March 2, 2020.

Bye,  Bye.  Baby bye bye.

Adam and Jenna are quite the toxic couple.  “Pummel her”  “can her ass”  “beat her down”.  Ugh.

Sombody, like the Bosun, should have labeled the covers.

The “cliff” jumping looked fun.

• Love 9

My random thought:  I don't like the name Paget.  I thought I would get used to it, but no.

Jenna always seems to be on service.  Does she do anything else besides berate her stews?

Ciara and Parker:  she seems to not take him seriously.  He could be an asset but I think she feels like he is interfering with the work her and Paget need to do.  I was glad Parker was kind of vindicated re: the cushions. 

• Love 9

Jenna is just so smug.  Does she actually do anything except flirt with Adam and trash her stews?  I'm still team Madison.

Georgia needs to stop flirting with Paget.

Parker needs to realize he's not Ciara's boss. 

Paget needs to be a bosun and actually supervise. 

That whole deck crew is a mess with the exception of Byron.

I really do like Glenn.  However, he needs to be a little less laid back when it comes to the employees.

Get that poor baby off the boat.  Totally irresponsible to put a baby in that situation. 

• Love 10

Agree with all the posters that this crew, other than Glenn & Byron are totally unlikeable.  It’s amazing that as laid back as Glenn is, he is more perceptive about the crew than Captain Lee was.  I think Georgia is making a big mistake flirting with Paget. Ciara looks like she could cut a bitch.  Jenna & Adam together retch worthy.

• Love 18

I guess I am somewhat the opposite in that I like all of the crew except Jenna and Adam. I did not mind Adam on his second season of BD Med, but not really liking him that much on this season. 

I thought Paget was the first mate, though on this boat it is the same gig as bosun. 

I wonder if the primary slid into Glen's DM's after she was off the boat. 

Since it cannot be said enough Jenna and Adam make me want to vomit.

• Love 8
(edited)

Unlikable- all of them.  I agree there's not one except Byron & Ct. Glenn who are actually normal or nice.  Parker is going to get trampled because of his approach. He wasn't wrong on all topics between last ep and this but his delivery is wack.  All three stewardesses suck- Jenna being a pathetic, desperate scum sucker. She's not a leader at all. Chef Adam has a belligerent streak and I don't find him believable at all in a relationship - even just a flirtatious one. 

Madison looks like the Wayans Bros. In "white chicks." I can't unsee it now.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

oh.  And another thing.  That baby needed to have a life jacket on when that boat was under sail.  And even more importantly, that baby needed to have a life jacket on when on the tender going to town.  I was especially shocked when that happened. 

We've been members of various clubs over the years.  A child is not allowed within six feet of the dock without a life jacket on.  No less the dock or a boat itself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little jealous of these people who seemed like they've never even gone sailing before (cause if they had, maybe they'd have thought twice about bringing a damn 1 month old on a sailboat), and they get to experience this kind of sailing in the Mediterranean. "Ooh, look how big the sails are!" 🙄

The only thing I miss about my last ex is how we'd go sailing in the bay almost every weekend. We even went sailing on the day he dumped me. 😂

• Love 8
(edited)

Paget and Cierra’s fucked up creepy relationship is 100% on them; however, I don’t know why on earth Georgia would want to unnecessarily involve herself in that fucked up dynamic by engaging in Paget’s painful flirting.. Then to accuse Madison of not holding up her shit and being dramatic when she is apparently responsible for all the work? She sucks like all of the others. Cptt Glenn, Bryon and maybe Madison exlude.

Ciarra and her “were not talking about how I stupidly thought it was a good idea to eat at the same time because I am lying to Paget about another issue you were right about” made me want her to be thrown overboard.

Jenna can’t order properly, delegate properly, or even give a helping hand she legit might do less work than Hannah because she occasionally helped with turndowns, even when she wanted to get I. connor’s pants. And even Captain Lee might critique her table decor not to mention Captain  Sandy.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

Wow they titled the episode after something from the dumb banter between Adam and Jenna.

If they have any self-awareness, they must be cringing as they watch themselves on these episodes.  They must have thought they were saying sexy, witty things but it's so unbelievably bad.

You know what's not sexy?  Talking repeatedly about the supposed sexual tension, chemistry or whatever they think is going on between them.

Yeah Georgia definitely shouldn't be getting in between the happy couple there.  Maybe she knows Madison likes Parker so she's trying to get male attention where she can, since she feels under constant assault from Jenna, so trying to get some positive interaction with someone -- or what she thinks is positive.

Or if she's complying with producer suggestion to mess around with Paget, that's not a good look either.

Parker is a passive aggressive, not a good thing to bring to the mix, but he seems to be the one who's having the most difficulty coping, not being able to sleep well.

Glen and Byron generate the least drama but that's the way it's suppose to be and Bravo wouldn't want to give too much camera time to them anyways.

Among the younger, photogenic people, Georgia, Madison and Parker are the only ones with a chance to come off like decent people during the season.  Not saying it will end up this way but it's already too late for the other folks.

• Love 11

I like Georgia and Madison. However I was shocked (shocked, I tell you!) when Georgia gave Madison a list of laundry items that needed to be finished and went to bed. Did I miss why Madison all of a sudden had to finish the laundry?

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

... It’s amazing that as laid back as Glenn is, he is more perceptive about the crew than Captain Lee was....

I guess it's because the crew quarters are smaller than on BD"MY" (Motor Yacht) and he's also sharing his cabin 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Paggg is so full of himself he’s going to explode.  Ciara should drop him like a hot rock, but she’s no prize either.  I have this feeling he’s going to slap her, or she slaps him for flirting.  Just meant for each other.  Ugh.  Now she needs her alone time.  You should have gotten a room.

I love Madison.  The exchange with Georgia was confusing.  Is she slow, or just overwhelmed, too?  She seems to try hard.  That laundry room looks incredibly tiny.  That just complicates the situation.  They need to get together and fight the real enemy. 

Jenna is just a wretched manager.  I’m glad Parker walked away from her “Momsplainin” from the great club soda crisis.

“YOU will listen and OBEY!  Serf”

• Love 12
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

I love Madison.  The exchange with Georgia was confusing.  Is she slow, or just overwhelmed, too?  She seems to try hard.  That laundry room looks incredibly tiny.  That just complicates the situation.  They need to get together and fight the real enemy. 

I think Madison is overwhelmed and frustrated because like she said she is in the middle. She is helping Georgia, but she is the one that Jenna seems to rely on. Probably because she is the second stew. I enjoyed her snark on Jenna hanging in the galley flirting with Adam. I did like how Georgia and Madison got over their fight pretty fast.

• Love 13
(edited)
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

oh.  And another thing.  That baby needed to have a life jacket on when that boat was under sail.  And even more importantly, that baby needed to have a life jacket on when on the tender going to town.  I was especially shocked when that happened. 

We've been members of various clubs over the years.  A child is not allowed within six feet of the dock without a life jacket on.  No less the dock or a boat itself. 

I couldn’t agree more. It was a bit nerve- wracking watching them tote that baby around by that deep water with no life jacket. I cringed watching them swing the baby carrier onto the smaller boat. One false move....shudder...  

Honestly, the guests are idiots. Who would ever bring a one month old on a sailing cruise??!  There is glaring sunlight all day, near deep water, baby could have trouble nursing/feeding, colic, a serious medical issue...what could go wrong?? Just total morons. 

Paget seems not into Ciara at all anymore. He seems to resent that she is there, otherwise he could be putting the moves on Georgia. Ciara should cut him loose..but she won’t. She met him at 15 and seems completely co-dependent. A bit disturbing. 

I also think they have a very brother/sister relationship. I see almost zero sexual chemistry. They just snip at each other. 

I can not stand Jenna. Smug was the perfect description of her. Her and Adam are gag-worthy. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 16
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

I couldn’t agree more. It was a bit nerve- wracking watching them tote that baby around by that deep water with no life jacket. I cringed watching them swing the baby carrier onto the smaller boat. One false move....shudder...  

Honestly, the guests are idiots. Who would ever bring a one month old on a sailing cruise??!  There is glaring sunlight all day, near deep water, baby could have trouble nursing/feeding, colic, a serious medical issue...what could go wrong?? Just total morons. 

Paget seems not into Ciara at all anymore. He seems to resent that she is there, otherwise he could be putting the moves on Georgia. Ciara should cut him loose..but she won’t. She met him at 15 and seems completely co-dependent. A bit disturbing. 

I also think they have a very brother/sister relationship. I see almost zero sexual chemistry. They just snip at each other. 

I can not stand Jenna. Smug was the perfect description of her. She and Adam are gag-worthy. 

She seems to spend most of her time near Adam. I do imagine in that tiny kitchen someone has to constantly wash pots and dishes so he has equipment and room to work.

Edited by Angel pie
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Snickerdoodle said:

My random thought:  I don't like the name Paget.  I thought I would get used to it, but no.

I especially don't like the way Ciara says it.  Neither of them is bright, but she seems in particular to have maturity or socialization problems.

Jenna and Adam are just gross together.  

All that said, this series is still better than the one that just completed in Thailand.  I really like the captain and engineer.  They're both fairly normal and understand the business they're in.  I don't get why stews and deckhands consistently across all the various Below Deck seasons/series decide that the work they've signed up to do is somehow a burden or beneath them.  Yes, you DO have to do laundry.  It's part of the job.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Snickerdoodle said:

I like Georgia and Madison. However I was shocked (shocked, I tell you!) when Georgia gave Madison a list of laundry items that needed to be finished and went to bed. Did I miss why Madison all of a sudden had to finish the laundry?

Because Georgia sucks at her job and sucks as a person? She still hasn't figured out who is what size. Damn, get a piece of paper and write that shit down. It's really not that hard. At my last job I was in charge of ordering company clothing for my installers, I would ask them what size they were when they were hired in and yeah, I had it down. I knew what sizes my guys wore and what sizes the guys in the office halfway across the state wore. I might not order them something new until the next season or until they started looking shabby or I wanted them to have something in particular, and yet, they always got the right sizes. I also don't understand how she's always behind and needs help. Throw a load in, go do something else, swap load A to dryer, toss load B, and go do something else for half an hour. Come back when dryer is done, swap as needed, iron, fold and hang while new load dries. She's too busy actively flirting with a guy who is LIVING WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER FACE and seems to have no problem doing it or with him doing it right back. 

Honestly, what does this entire crew, except Adam, do all day? They don't seem to be doing anything. None of them. Adam is always shown cooking or wiping down the kitchen, but the rest don't seem to be cleaning, taking the guests to the various excursions on shore, doing water toys, or much of anything most of the day. We've seen laundry doesn't seem to be done. And did I see Ciara leave a family, with a BABY, on the shore and drive away? She told Paget they needed picked back up. I don't know how far away the boat was from the shore, but if baby started having an issue and they needed to get back on the boat real quick, yeah no. Maybe she couldn't have stayed docked where she was, but I wouldn't have gone all the way back to the boat. 

• Love 5

Jenna has explained that the reason she is in the galley all the time is because the Stew pantry is right next to and parallel to the food prep galley. In original recipe Below Deck the Stew pantry has behind and to the side and you always saw the stews doing work there. Jenna is multitasking by cleaning the dishes and preparing things like OJ while lamely flirting with Adam. Adam’s game is right on a lameness level with Adrain for cringe worthy Chris Matthews inappropriateness but he has someone who is into him regardless.

Jenna is not everyone’s cup of tea but she seems to be all about customer service as she is always serving the guests and leaves the third stew work to the third stew. It seems everyone who said Simone should have known her job and that Kate shouldn’t have to teach her are all over Jenna because she is not spoon feeding Georgia who is more interested in flirting with the guy living with his girlfriend than sorting the laundry.

It is refreshing that the group is not getting blackout drunk on their time off which is quite refreshing. Kudos to the leadership on the boat that stops that from happening. The other shows should take a lesson from this.

Adam and Jenna cuddling on deck is just normal in two people who like each other and are getting closer. Nothing wrong with that. When we see them promoting the show in interviews they seem to still have affection for each other which is unique in Below Deck world. I hope these crazy kids can make it work.

• Love 8

I don't care if Georgia wants to flirt with Paget (as nauseating as they both are)-- but DONT DO IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS GIRLFRIEND! Even if he's stupid and insensitive enough to flirt with her, she should have the decency and know the girl code to back off when the girlfriend is there.  My boyfriend was very 'looky'-- I don't know what to call it-- he seemed helpless to not stare at an attractive girl, even when I called him on it.  He'd quickly apologize then later I'd see him with his tongue hanging out at another girl.  And believe me from experience, there are more girls out there who will flirt right back and totally ignore the girlfriend.  It's humiliating. 

This really pushed my button.  😞 

• Love 1

Jenna and Paget are both horrible managers. Jenna and Adam are disgusting.

Byron: What are you bitching about now?
Jenna : I’m not bitching

Byron:  That’s funny, your lips were moving.

Byron was the real MVP this episode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
22 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I'd actually be curious what the requirement is for an immobile one month old.  I mean, I could understand a life jacket for an infant that can crawl or walk, but that baby was going nowhere unless someone dropped him in the water.  

9 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

And did I see Ciara leave a family, with a BABY, on the shore and drive away? She told Paget they needed picked back up. I don't know how far away the boat was from the shore, but if baby started having an issue and they needed to get back on the boat real quick, yeah no. Maybe she couldn't have stayed docked where she was, but I wouldn't have gone all the way back to the boat. 

If you are talking about when the family was having a snack at that restaurant, I'd presume if there was an emergency with the baby, they would seek help in the town, not go back to the boat.     

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I'd actually be curious what the requirement is for an immobile one month old.  I mean, I could understand a life jacket for an infant that can crawl or walk, but that baby was going nowhere unless someone dropped him in the water.  

If you are talking about when the family was having a snack at that restaurant, I'd presume if there was an emergency with the baby, they would seek help in the town, not go back to the boat.     

I have to disagree about a one month old going nowhere unless someone dropped him in the water.  A number of things can happen especially on the tender.  The tender could hit something in the water.  The tender could be hit by another boat.  The motor could jam and stop suddenly.   The law requires that people wear seat belts in a car.  It's no different for a baby on a boat the size of a car. 

As for the yacht, when under sail, as we've seen, it can heel significantly or have a sudden wind shift.  We've seen people lose their grip and start to slide.  If you're on the deck, that could possibly put someone in a position of losing their grip of the infant.  That child could possibly go overboard.  I would never take a chance like that. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

The law requires that people wear seat belts in a car.  It's no different for a baby on a boat the size of a car. 

Aren't they in Greece?  I have no idea what the law there requires for infants on boats. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

Aren't they in Greece?  I have no idea what the law there requires for infants on boats. 

I would go by common sense, not the what the law is or isn't.

• Love 10

I detest Adam & Jenna. This episode was a barf-a-thon watching them flirt and kiss. 

Georgia and Paget are gross. Stop flirting with each other. It's so disrespectful to Ciara. 

Madison and Parker both seem to be caring people. I don't know why they're getting the brunt of the criticism from their bosses. Ciara was in the wrong leaving the deck when Parker was having lunch. You don't leave the deck empty even if it appears the guests are napping. Also, Madison seems to be taking on more workload than the other two. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, stcroix said:

Even if he's stupid and insensitive enough to flirt with her, she should have the decency and know the girl code to back off when the girlfriend is there. 

‘Girl code’ is for friends, which Ciara and Georgia are not. On the other hand, Ciara IS Paget’s girlfriend, so the responsibility is HIS not to flirt right in front of her. You let him off the hook by calling him stupid and insensitive, but he’s the only one breaking a commitment here. He CAN help himself; he’s just choosing not to. 

3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

So I don’t exactly have a dog in this fight because as a harried mom, I’m pretty ‘you do you as long as I get a nap’ about other parents, but I will note that my husband and I are real water-sports types and we learned quickly that life jackets don’t fit one-month olds. There’s just nothing for babies that young; we didn’t take our daughter on the water until about five or six months, when she weighed enough for the infant life jacket. Again, I do not care what these parents do; just noting our experience. 

• Love 14

Parker:"I'm a visual learner. Tell me what you're gonna tell me. Tell me what you told me. Essay writing 101. That's how I learn."

Parker, I do not think "visual" means what you think it means.

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Pachengala said:

‘Girl code’ is for friends, which Ciara and Georgia are not. On the other hand, Ciara IS Paget’s girlfriend, so the responsibility is HIS not to flirt right in front of her. You let him off the hook by calling him stupid and insensitive, but he’s the only one breaking a commitment here. He CAN help himself; he’s just choosing not to. 

So I don’t exactly have a dog in this fight because as a harried mom, I’m pretty ‘you do you as long as I get a nap’ about other parents, but I will note that my husband and I are real water-sports types and we learned quickly that life jackets don’t fit one-month olds. There’s just nothing for babies that young; we didn’t take our daughter on the water until about five or six months, when she weighed enough for the infant life jacket. Again, I do not care what these parents do; just noting our experience. 

Exactly!! You did not take your baby on water until five or six months when she could wear a life jacket because you are intelligent, the mom on the show was not. As Breezy pointed out, the yacht could heel, or anything else could happen causing the baby to go airborne. It makes me cringe with how unsafe it was. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Ok, then let's say Georgia should have the DECENCY to not openly flirt with a man she knows has been involved with another woman for 3 years-- and right in front of her.  As in 5 feet from her.  And never once acknowledging the person with even a slight glance-- as if she does not even exist or have any feelings whatsoever.  If the tables were turned you can bet Georgia would feel the pain of being ghosted from 5 feet away.  Unless this has happened to you, you cant possibly understand how humiliating this is.  It also feels like being bullied.  I've been through it several times with my guy a few yrs back and look how upset I still feel! smh

And of course it's his responsibility the most, I never said that it wasn't.  But the woman is fully aware that she is hurting another innocent human being.  Look, I've had this happen to me where a guy looks at me when he's with his girlfriend or wife and I don't encourage him.  The first time this happened it was flattering and I have to admit I smiled back but the girlfriend then noticed and I saw her face.....  I didn't care for making someone feel that way. 

• Love 4

I find Georgia pretty unlikeable. Everybody was on Simone’s case and said she should have known what she was doing and it wasn’t up to Kate to teach her. Now this dummy is whining that no one is helpful to her when she is so slow at making the beds and cleaning the cabins or properly sorting the underwear. As so many people said it is not rocket science.

Add in that she is encouraging douche Pageboy on flirting with her and dissing his live in girlfriend. This really spreads dissension and is a cancer in a small group that have to live so close together in a combined space. There doesn’t seem to be all of the nooks  and crannies to hide out in that you have on a motor yacht. This situation is ripe for an explosion. Remember Ciara is a red head like Rhylee. I think she needs a little Rhylee in her so she can cut a bitch. ( and by bitch I mean her boyfriend)

• Love 3

Jenna is this franchise's Hannah.  And that is no compliment.  Does she do anything besides service and hang out in the galley to awkwardly flirt with Adam?  She's a shit chief stew.   

Does Georgia do anything besides laundry?  Surely there can't possibly be so much laundry that it takes all day every day to do it?  

Madison is very much getting the short end of the stick.  

Working with your significant other isn't always the best idea, as Paget and Ciara clearly show us each week.  

Parker isn't wrong that someone from deck crew should remain on deck.  

No way would I ever take a newborn, baby, toddler or other small child on a sailboat.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Apparently there was a dryer free for Ciara to stick the cushion covers in, so it seems like Georgia doesn't have them going non-stop. 

speaking of which, it seems pretty stupid to take the covers off mid-day, when the tender is going to be used. It seems like she just wanted to show she was more "on it" and proactive than Parker.

• Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Why was Georgia doing the guests laundry? Do they do that in original recipe Below Deck and I just never noticed it? 

yup! there was one recent BD or BDM episode where someone threw a guest's fancy designer top in a dryer when it should have been hung dry - or put it in the washer when it should have been handwashed... can't remember the details

Edited by slaterain
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, slaterain said:

yup! there was one recent BD or BDM episode where someone threw a guest's fancy designer top in a dryer when it should have been hung dry - or put it in the washer when it should have been handwashed... can't remember the details

It was Anastasia after going back to being third stew. The fact that they do the guests laundry is so ridiculous. Obviously on longer charters it makes sense but there was at least one charter where they were all leaving with clean clothes! 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
(edited)

One thing I noticed while following some of the crew on Twitter, is that Jenna and Georgia follow eachother and seem to be really close... but not with Madison... So I bet on big trouble with Madison later in the season, with her fired...

Wait and see.....

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Useful 2

I also find it strange that they do the laundry of the guests, especially since the guests seem to bring ginormous amounts of luggage, so I'd assume they have enough undies/swimsuits/etc. to last for a few days.

• Love 2

I think a lot of them are coming from another part of the vacation though, so they might have dirty clothes.  If I were going all the way to Greece, I'd certainly stay for more than 2 days.

1 hour ago, MartyQui said:

I think a lot of them are coming from another part of the vacation though, so they might have dirty clothes.  If I were going all the way to Greece, I'd certainly stay for more than 2 days.

But that’s the case even if they were staying at a hotel and I doubt these people are paying for laundry at their hotels. Not to mention most of these people pack like they are moving to a new country not there for a week or even two. 

• Love 1

A hotel isn't in the same tier as a private yacht though.  My suitcase is sectioned and I use packing cubes, so I keep my dirties and cleans separate, but I still hate the last part of a vacation when my suitcase is mostly dirties and I hate doing all the laundry when I get home, so I'd totally take advantage of someone else doing my laundry for "free" if the service was offered.

• Love 6
On 3/4/2020 at 2:12 AM, Pachengala said:

I will note that my husband and I are real water-sports types and we learned quickly that life jackets don’t fit one-month olds. There’s just nothing for babies that young; we didn’t take our daughter on the water until about five or six months, when she weighed enough for the infant life jacket.

You, missy lou, are following the Coast Guard Boating and Safety rules.  At least 18 pounds, can wear a flotation device.

@breezy424 - We think alike.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

A hotel isn't in the same tier as a private yacht though.  My suitcase is sectioned and I use packing cubes, so I keep my dirties and cleans separate, but I still hate the last part of a vacation when my suitcase is mostly dirties and I hate doing all the laundry when I get home, so I'd totally take advantage of someone else doing my laundry for "free" if the service was offered.

Private yacht charters typically have a minimum of at the lowest end a week, so expecting that same level of service for a discounted 2 day charter is beyond ridiculous.