Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Shmexual Shmension

• Start Topic

On 3/4/2020 at 3:37 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Apparently there was a dryer free for Ciara to stick the cushion covers in, so it seems like Georgia doesn't have them going non-stop.  

The deck crew has their own laundry area for outside things. Since their rags, etc could have oil on them. They also launder the deck chair towels used at the hot tub/pool.

• Love 1
On 3/2/2020 at 10:54 PM, breezy424 said:

Get that poor baby off the boat.  Totally irresponsible to put a baby in that situation. 

There should be a regulation against bringing a baby on a sailing yacht.

• Love 4
(edited)

There is no chemistry what so ever between Adam and Jenna. It sounds like he has memorized talking points that he is saying to Jenna. He sounds so juvenile.  I don't get any genuine feelings from him at all. Jenna on the other hand seems pretty desperate to have his attention.  I can't with this "romance." Move on to something more interesting. Bravo do we have to have a shipboard romance every single franchise of below deck? Can't these people go 6 weeks without romance/sex? They have nothing in their lives away from the boat? 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I don't get any genuine feelings from him at all.

Can't these people go 6 weeks without romance/sex? 

That’s because he’s a sociopath! The way he acted toward Malia on BD OG when she had the audacity to want to be just friends with him was chilling. Wigguns galore. 

The hookups are a little tiresome, but it reminds me of being in my 20s, in any close-quarters job with other 20s folks; it’s sexville. So I have a little patience for it. Lord knows  if I were young and hot again, I would be hooking up as much as possible. Make hay while the sun shines! HOWEVER. I wouldn’t do it on television.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/2/2020 at 7:54 PM, breezy424 said:

Jenna is just so smug.  Does she actually do anything except flirt with Adam and trash her stews?  I'm still team Madison.

Georgia needs to stop flirting with Paget.

Parker needs to realize he's not Ciara's boss. 

Paget needs to be a bosun and actually supervise. 

That whole deck crew is a mess with the exception of Byron.

I really do like Glenn.  However, he needs to be a little less laid back when it comes to the employees.

Get that poor baby off the boat.  Totally irresponsible to put a baby in that situation. 

They all seem so unprofessional, but maybe as a whole they’re doing better than the little snippets and petty dramas we are viewing.  I agree about having a newborn onboard or travelling in general at times that wee age, they are far too vulnerable.

• Love 3
On 3/2/2020 at 7:51 PM, Snickerdoodle said:

My random thought:  I don't like the name Paget.  I thought I would get used to it, but no.

Jenna always seems to be on service.  Does she do anything else besides berate her stews?

Ciara and Parker:  she seems to not take him seriously.  He could be an asset but I think she feels like he is interfering with the work her and Paget need to do.  I was glad Parker was kind of vindicated re: the cushions. 

Jenna also flirts with the chef a lot, she is very unlikeable even though she doesn’t think so.

• Love 3
On 3/4/2020 at 5:20 AM, Sage47 said:

Exactly!! You did not take your baby on water until five or six months when she could wear a life jacket because you are intelligent, the mom on the show was not. As Breezy pointed out, the yacht could heel, or anything else could happen causing the baby to go airborne. It makes me cringe with how unsafe it was. 

Nor did you take your 1 month old on a European vacation.

• Love 3

I think I’m gonna quit watching this show. Adam and Jenna are not fun to watch. 
I don’t really care about any of the staff.

Plus the sailing boat doesn’t seem that luxurious. It seems really cramped. Greece is beautiful tho.

• Love 6
On 3/4/2020 at 1:12 AM, Pachengala said:

So I don’t exactly have a dog in this fight because as a harried mom, I’m pretty ‘you do you as long as I get a nap’ about other parents, but I will note that my husband and I are real water-sports types and we learned quickly that life jackets don’t fit one-month olds. There’s just nothing for babies that young; we didn’t take our daughter on the water until about five or six months, when she weighed enough for the infant life jacket. Again, I do not care what these parents do; just noting our experience. 

My son fit into the little infant life jacket at 1 month- we went to Kauai and used it in the pool, it has the little foam back that helps keep the head supported.  I don’t know if it’s regulation.  I don’t think I’d bring my baby on a sailboat, but if I did I definitely wouldn’t have him on deck, but if for some reason I DID, I would definitely put the little life jacket on him.  If the baby slides into the water that’s it!  I was getting very nervous when they were basically holding the baby from sliding away.

• Love 2

I’m so jealous you had that, @heatherchandler! We went to REI once I could stand to brush my hair and leave the house (so, like, weeks postpartum) to see if we could find her a PFD, they were like, ‘we’ve got nothing,’ and we didn’t pursue it further. (Also Kauai is my happy place!) 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Pachengala said:

I’m so jealous you had that, @heatherchandler! We went to REI once I could stand to brush my hair and leave the house (so, like, weeks postpartum) to see if we could find her a PFD, they were like, ‘we’ve got nothing,’ and we didn’t pursue it further. (Also Kauai is my happy place!) 

I think a friend had one, so I knew they existed.  It was pretty awesome!  Omg Kauai is heaven on earth.  I had something like that happen with something else I needed- was told by a salesperson that it didn’t exist, and figured they were right— then years later found out they were wrong— I was so upset!

• Love 1

They were idiots when they kept asking for shrimp cocktails. But once the chef said that there was no more shrimp, shouldn't one of the stewardesses told the idiots that shrimp cocktail wasn't going to happen? Maybe deceptive editing, but I think there should have been some SNACKS delivered, of whatever sort.

ETA, ok Adam found something to give them. But it looks like it was at 7:45 (15 minutes after the earlier 7:30 appetizer estimate, which was presumably well after they started bitching about food). I would have given them a bag of fritos to hold them over 🙂 

Edited by dleighg