Type keyword(s) to search

David and Lana: The Seven-Year Ditch

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

He's too old now to change any lifetime perceptions of women and/or marriage. It was stated above that he's never been married;

Pity the first woman to break his streak. At his age I doubt he has any capacity to the give and take / compromise of living together much less marriage. The quick personality change with his female friend who was trying to help him and the PI are billboard size red flags. Imagine someone he thinks he "owns". Irregardless of his multimillionare status, he is cheap. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, mayvenne said:

In the event they actually do spend time together ( let's be real. not likely) it must be a real gamechanger to have to talk and use words and facial expressions to communicate. No emojis????!?!?!? However will David know how much Lana adores him?

He doesn't have to know-he just assumes. 

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, magemaud said:

@mamadrama, was it you who also said that nobody in David's family had ever heard anything about "Lana" before he applied to be on the show? 

Yeah, that's what I was told. That he'd been speaking to several women and really only zeroed in on Lana around the time of filming. Take that with a grain of salt, of course.

Did any of you watch the YouTuber who signed up for an Anastasia Date account this week and chatted (including video) with Lana? Good stuff. She was offering sexy pics and videos from the first message.

Edited by mamadrama
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

He claims he was a given a catalog of women to pick from. Why not ask for one that isn’t “shy”. 

David likes the chase.  That's why he is a stalker. 

Stalker protip - make the creepy stalking some like some sort of game, that way no one takes it too serious. 

Either way, his story makes sense but it doesn't make him the hero he thinks it does. 

When I watched that documentary about creepy western men who went on these "love tours" I kinda wondered how they found the women to attend these socials.  Because the ratio of male to female was like 1/7.  

I thought, casting call?  Do they hand out flyers?  Are the women so poor that they just want free food?  

I guess creepers like David go through catalogs and choose the women to attend so they can "compete" for them.  I guessing it makes a whole lot of women less "shy" when they are desperate to escape poverty. 

And there is a hero like David.  Ready to exploit the situation to get a ton of sex with the implication that he MIGHT choose one of these girls to rescue from poverty and desperation.  But of course he doesn't.  He probably let's them know right after he sleeps with them that they are far too slutty for him and he wants a "good girl"

He is such an asshole that I truly root for one of these Lana's to take all his money. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Well Mamadrama, I guess thank you for sharing that youtube. I watched. Not really sure why or what I learned, but hey it was 20 minutes and I don't have much planned for today and it's even way early.

🙂

Yeah, please post the follow up vids here, that was great to watch while I ate my lunch!

• Love 4

I was on Frauded by TLC's Friday night live on IG.  Supposedly David was on there as well and I posted the question "David, why did you do the show?"

Never got a reply. Oh well.  

• Love 2

@mamadrama This guy is a mess. His rigidity that he is NOT wrong, and doubling down on the self righteousness of it he was a boy who didn't get told he was wrong, and/or no socialization skills. What is his birth order and what is the 411 on his raising? I detect an upper midwestern accent, no? 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

@mamadrama This guy is a mess. His rigidity that he is NOT wrong, and doubling down on the self righteousness of it he was a boy who didn't get told he was wrong, and/or no socialization skills. What is his birth order and what is the 411 on his raising? I detect an upper midwestern accent, no? 

Not real sure where they were raised but they both live in the same area now. He's the oldest, she's significantly younger, and she works in the music industry. 

• Useful 1

Frauded by TLC, which has had some pretty good insider info, is insisting that TLC bought Lana's workout clothes, iphone, etc. And that they scripted the whole Sephora outing. While I can buy that the shopping, gym, and cafe were scripted, I can't say that all of that was categorically fake. First of all, her form and muscles were too good for that to have been her first foray into the gym. Secondly, she no way in hell looked like the shut in that lives a bleak, poverty-stricken life without any friends. And let's say it WAS all a setup...as with every Tell All, the cast members know that it will be edited. When David was arguing with everyone else he could've just said that all of that was fake and he could've gone into detail about it. He knew none of that would air and he did NOT know that it would be leaked. And while he DID try to defend the storyline, all he said was, "That wasn't real." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

So I was reading a rumor on another site that Lana is actually married with a son. Someone had found her personal Facebook and there were multiple photos on there with her a man and a child (including a photo with the same jacket she was wearing on 90 day.)  The Facebook page has now been taken down, but one of her likes was a Ukrainian youth hockey page. In a video from that page in the stands at one of the hockey games was someone that looks very much like Lana. (I can't take credit for this discovery, but I did screenshot the video and blow up the picture.) 

See maybe (?) Lana at 1:36. The theory was that the reason Lana delayed meeting David was that the hockey game was for her own son not a nephew.

Has anyone else heard of this or have any supporting evidence of this?

20200519_020112.jpg

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, charmante said:

So I was reading a rumor on another site that Lana is actually married with a son. Someone had found her personal Facebook and there were multiple photos on there with her a man and a child (including a photo with the same jacket she was wearing on 90 day.)  The Facebook page has now been taken down, but one of her likes was a Ukrainian youth hockey page. In a video from that page in the stands at one of the hockey games was someone that looks very much like Lana. (I can't take credit for this discovery, but I did screenshot the video and blow up the picture.) 

See maybe (?) Lana at 1:36. The theory was that the reason Lana delayed meeting David was that the hockey game was for her own son not a nephew.

20200519_020112.jpg

Now that's some intriguing dirt...This woman's hair is longer than what we saw on Lana, but it could be extensions or she could've had a trim before meeting David. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, charmante said:

20200519_020112.jpg

Good find!

• Love 3

So it turns out the Facebook page is not down, but has been made private.  https://www.facebook.com/fs.svetlana.f?__nodl

Before it was locked down, someone on another site had seen the photos of her with the man and the little boy but I haven't seen any screenshots. In her profile picture she is wearing the shiny puffy coat that she was wearing in the scene below.

Her likes are now private, but someone who saw them said that they included a ballroom dancing group, the hockey stuff, the Krav Maga gym, several beauty ones and some miscellaneous stuff from Pavlograd.

20200519_110408_resized.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Frauded by TLC, which has had some pretty good insider info, is insisting that TLC bought Lana's workout clothes, iphone, etc.

We were laughing at how the camera person kept focusing on her butt.  She definitely works out.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ALittleShelfish said:

And look at her, using that iphone with those dangerously long talons of hers!  

Man, all of David's best excuses just keep going out the window with every second of every day.  I'm loving all of it. 

Don't you dare say he's been scammed!!!

• LOL 14
6 hours ago, Twopper said:

We were laughing at how the camera person kept focusing on her butt.  She definitely works out.

She DID have a nice butt...

(This quarantine thing has been a weird time.)

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 5/14/2020 at 5:17 PM, Rt66vintage said:

The thought of living in an RV with anyone, even my nice husband, is giving me a queasy gut. Can you imagine two strangers with a language barrier co-habitating in a small metal tube?

But wait. Part of my desperate lockdown viewing has been shows about RVs.  They are not what we thought they were.

image.png.152fc9e311bb4a82e7d79618fb5cc886.png

• Love 6
6 hours ago, charmante said:

Another screenshot from the youth hockey video (at 6:54)  if it is her and she is there for her nephew, she is a very dedicated aunt considering she is there by herself.

20200519_114323.jpg

This looks more like the woman we saw. Being there alone for her nephew isn't weird to me. Maybe his parents couldn't be there so she stepped in. That would explain why the hockey games were so important-someone needed to be there. Or maybe in that short video clip her sister had gone to the bathroom or stepped out to make a call. There are plausible explanations.

My main question is when did this hockey game take place? The date says 2018-2019 season. Wouldn't that have been last year? Here, the sports taking place between November 2019-March 2020 would be called the 2019-2020 season. AFAIK David filmed his last scenes (meeting Lana) this past winter.

My other comment would be that since the woman in the profile picture on the Facebook page is wearing the same coat that Lana wore in the episode, is it possible someone created a fake page for her by just taking a screenshot? It wouldn't be hard to do. We know she apparently likes working out, makeup, hockey and Pvlorhad. Since the page was made private instead of just removed altogether, though, that DOES make it look more legit. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mothra said:

But wait. Part of my desperate lockdown viewing has been shows about RVs.  They are not what we thought they were.

There are RVs that have more square footage than some NYC apartments. We're in the process of turning my writing studio into a tiny house for my mom and it will be 350 sq ft-roughly the same size as older model RVs and smaller than the newer full-sized travel trailers.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

There are RVs that have more square footage than some NYC apartments. We're in the process of turning my writing studio into a tiny house for my mom and it will be 350 sq ft-roughly the same size as older model RVs and smaller than the newer full-sized travel trailers.

Hopefully you didn’t paint it the color of Tania’s she-shed.

• LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

This looks more like the woman we saw. Being there alone for her nephew isn't weird to me. Maybe his parents couldn't be there so she stepped in. That would explain why the hockey games were so important-someone needed to be there. Or maybe in that short video clip her sister had gone to the bathroom or stepped out to make a call. There are plausible explanations.

My main question is when did this hockey game take place? The date says 2018-2019 season. Wouldn't that have been last year? Here, the sports taking place between November 2019-March 2020 would be called the 2019-2020 season. AFAIK David filmed his last scenes (meeting Lana) this past winter.

My other comment would be that since the woman in the profile picture on the Facebook page is wearing the same coat that Lana wore in the episode, is it possible someone created a fake page for her by just taking a screenshot? It wouldn't be hard to do. We know she apparently likes working out, makeup, hockey and Pvlorhad. Since the page was made private instead of just removed altogether, though, that DOES make it look more legit. 

As far as the hockey timeline, I don't think that the theory was that this particular game (from the video) was the exact one Lana attended when David was there.  I think the significance of it is that it was linked to the Facebook profile for "Svetlana".  So, if someone made a fake page for her, they did ALOT of research to somehow find her on a video of a youth hockey game and then create a profile that made that hockey page one of her "likes."  If that makes sense. 

I did not see the photos on the FB profile before it was private, but those who did say the photos were of Lana - but none of them were the "posed/model" photos we have seen from her dating profiles.  They were all casual, family-type pics of her, a man and a young boy.  Also, it seems that the time the profile was "open" was several weeks/months ago when everyone thought Lana was just a figment of David's imagination.  (The FB profile did not refer to her as "Lana", only Svetlana.)  Either no one thought it would go away or they just didn't care enough, but now folks (like me!!!!) want to see screenshots that may not exist.  As the David/Lana storyline grew more interest, the profile went private. 😞 

Found more info on the private FB page - it was all in Russian (comments, etc.) so I am now seriously doubting it's fake.

Edited by charmante
Add more info about FB page!
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

Yeah, she isn't working out so she can spend a year in an RV with gross David and his leather duster.  

I wonder if she is blowing up on Anastasia date now that men know she is real?  

Anyways, she need only get into the US and she can trade up.  Maybe from a guy who can provide better conversation than "mmmmm"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

Friends of mine live full time in an RV similar to this. It has a huge tv, a fireplace, a full bath (shower, no tub); a washer/dryer; a queen sized bed... Honestly it’s nicer than every place I have ever lived except my current house, and that’s only after I renovated the house.

• Love 7

I have a number of friends who live in larger (and smaller) RVs, they have all the amenities they could want. One couple has a fenced-in yard with a huge garden that supplies about half of their food, and a rabbit hutch that connects to the RV through a tunnel. It's more spacious than most apartments in the bay area.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, monagatuna said:

I have a number of friends who live in larger (and smaller) RVs, they have all the amenities they could want. One couple has a fenced-in yard with a huge garden that supplies about half of their food, and a rabbit hutch that connects to the RV through a tunnel. It's more spacious than most apartments in the bay area.

Yep. I actually think it sounds awesome. I have zero trouble believing that a young woman would be game for that. I know lots of 20 somethings who live in tiny houses, RVs, vans, etc. For me, the implausibility comes from believing she (or anyone) would want to do it with him. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, charmante said:

As far as the hockey timeline, I don't think that the theory was that this particular game (from the video) was the exact one Lana attended when David was there.  I think the significance of it is that it was linked to the Facebook profile for "Svetlana".  So, if someone made a fake page for her, they did ALOT of research to somehow find her on a video of a youth hockey game and then create a profile that made that hockey page one of her "likes."  If that makes sense. 

I did not see the photos on the FB profile before it was private, but those who did say the photos were of Lana - but none of them were the "posed/model" photos we have seen from her dating profiles.  They were all casual, family-type pics of her, a man and a young boy.  Also, it seems that the time the profile was "open" was several weeks/months ago when everyone thought Lana was just a figment of David's imagination.  (The FB profile did not refer to her as "Lana", only Svetlana.)  Either no one thought it would go away or they just didn't care enough, but now folks (like me!!!!) want to see screenshots that may not exist.  As the David/Lana storyline grew more interest, the profile went private. 😞 

Found more info on the private FB page - it was all in Russian (comments, etc.) so I am now seriously doubting it's fake.

I've seen people put in a ton of work to spoof FB pages for various reasons. Someone did that to mine last year. They downloaded, and then uploaded, more than 100 of my candid shots of my family. They "liked" TV shows and music that I'm into. The bio had my real website and links to my real books on Amazon. They even friended some of my real life friends and family and messaged them in a voice that read like mine. If you were to compare my real page with the fake one you wouldn't have known the difference. I still don't know why they did it, I assume it was to eventually ask people for money or to pull some scam of some kind. I reported it and it was taken down before much happened, though. There are others in my general line of work who have been victims of this, too. My livelihood depends a lot on public perception of me and what I write so that could've been a real clusterfuck. 

The fact that this FB page still exists, and has only been set to private instead of removed, makes it look more legit. It's probably her. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Friends of mine live full time in an RV similar to this. It has a huge tv, a fireplace, a full bath (shower, no tub); a washer/dryer; a queen sized bed... Honestly it’s nicer than every place I have ever lived except my current house, and that’s only after I renovated the house.

My sister and brother in law are selling their 5th wheel RV. It has everything. Big screen TV, washer and dryer, kitchen, shower, king size bed. No dumpy little trailer.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

The fact that this FB page still exists, and has only been set to private instead of removed, makes it look more legit. It's probably her. 

Sorry that happened to you, sounds like a nightmare!

I think the Facebook page is probably Lana, too. The thing that convinced me was that it was all in Russian.  Since the show is a US show, I can't imagine what a faker would hope to gain by creating a page/posts in a language that most viewers couldn't read and then lock it away from us.

The other weird thing is that posts discussing it on the other forum where this was mentioned have been mysteriously deleted. Specifically from posters who said they had seen the FB content before it became private. I picked up most of what I learned from one poor poster there who has been asking people "why are we no longer talking about this and what happened to the posts??" but no one seems to be talking.  She/he is a hero LOL

Anyway, if Lana is actually married, one possibility is that her husband is aware all of this and that simply she makes money from selling her photos to those sites (as modeling work) but doesn't actually do any of the chatting. Maybe she agreed to the TLC filming just for the paycheck.

In the previews for next week she certainly didn't seem to appreciate that David had hired a private investigator.

Not sure we're ever going to get the real story on Ms. Lana.

• Love 5
On 5/14/2020 at 10:18 AM, Elizzikra said:

He's done a lot of them. I don't like Dr. Phil but when I stumble on the catfish ones, I always get sucked in. It's amazing what people will believe and sad to see how they bankrupt themselves in pursuit of "love."

I don't like him either. He tries to insert himself into whatever the biggest news story is.  I followed the Caylee Anthony saga since the day she was reported missing. I kept on top of all the evidence as it was being made public, and watched the entire trial, and I was so annoyed when he had George and Cindy on. He let her blow smoke up his a**  in an attempt to cover for her daughter, and he let her get away with it.  But anyway, when I see the catfish stories I have to watch them too.  I'm flabbergasted that people can be so naive, but I feel awful for the elderly people who spent their life savings.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

LOL, I think that has to technically count as a mobile home right? That looks like more than one lane of road!  

On 5/18/2020 at 12:46 PM, mamadrama said:

Not real sure where they were raised but they both live in the same area now. He's the oldest, she's significantly younger, and she works in the music industry. 

They’re from California (David’s sister is married to a high school friend of mine).  

13 minutes ago, 7isBlue said:

They’re from California (David’s sister is married to a high school friend of mine).  

Small world, isn't it? I didn't know she had a brother until the show. 

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Small world, isn't it? I didn't know she had a brother until the show. 

Yes! Same here. She says she knew Lana was real but couldn’t say anything. Now she says she doesn’t know how it ends (I think she does). His sister is super-sweet and seems very close to her brother, which makes me think David is probably decent, too. However, I give major side-eye to men who’s “type” seems to be young and disadvantaged. 😕

Edited by 7isBlue
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I call those doll houses.  They remind me of the shotgun houses in New Orleans.

I lived in a camel back in New Orleans, but it wasn't a shot gun.  From time to time, I miss that house.   It was a double;  I visited it before Katrina, and the newest owners had converted it into a single family dwelling, and they gave us a tour.

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

My sister and brother in law are selling their 5th wheel RV. It has everything. Big screen TV, washer and dryer, kitchen, shower, king size bed. No dumpy little trailer.

I wouldn't mind a tear drop one for short camping trips.  Many of the large RVs now have sides that can be extended out to increase living space when parked.  When I win the lottery I will buy one.

I see this story line with Lana and David being used to propel them into some sort of follow up that may not ever happen considering the issues with Covid.  I do not want to see a travelogue with them even if they take his cat.  That cat is one of the few likeable participants in this season.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I lived in a camel back in New Orleans, but it wasn't a shot gun.  From time to time, I miss that house.   It was a double;  I visited it before Katrina, and the newest owners had converted it into a single family dwelling, and they gave us a tour.

I wouldn't mind a tear drop one for short camping trips.  Many of the large RVs now have sides that can be extended out to increase living space when parked.  When I win the lottery I will buy one.

I see this story line with Lana and David being used to propel them into some sort of follow up that may not ever happen considering the issues with Covid.  I do not want to see a travelogue with them even if they take his cat.  That cat is one of the few likeable participants in this season.

You lived in a camel? One hump or two? (Either answer is more than David will do in his RV.)

• LOL 6
On 5/19/2020 at 8:15 PM, RealReality said:

Yeah, she isn't working out so she can spend a year in an RV with gross David and his leather duster.  

I wonder if she is blowing up on Anastasia date now that men know she is real?  

Anyways, she need only get into the US and she can trade up.  Maybe from a guy who can provide better conversation than "mmmmm"

Wasn’t there a crash test dummies song that went mmmmm mmm mmm ?

• Love 3