Type keyword(s) to search

David and Lana: The Seven-Year Ditch

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, gingerella said:

So does this 'Lana' who shows up on the Tell Nada, is she the same woman in the photos we've seen? Or just sorta kinda close enough?

Looks identical to me. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Clearly Lana’s bosses decided that if David didn’t finally meet her, he might stop paying.   Now he is convinced they are engaged and he can be strung along for another seven years and she struggles to get permission to leave the country and needs money from him.  Or maybe her sister needs her financial help and if only David can help....

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Clearly Lana’s bosses decided that if David didn’t finally meet her, he might stop paying.   Now he is convinced they are engaged and he can be strung along for another seven years and she struggles to get permission to leave the country and needs money from him.  Or maybe her sister needs her financial help and if only David can help....

There are definitely some shenanigans going on, and I don't think David is smart enough to realize it. Her site paid her (or threatened to remove her profile) or Sharp offered to pay her. There was definitely a third party involved, and David's such a smug asshole that I don't even care. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
On 5/9/2020 at 11:45 AM, Armchair Critic said:

He has spent $300,000 traveling to Ukraine and on the websites and he met over 1,000 women and has been engaged to 2 other women in Ukraine. WTF?!?

...and apparantly still cant ask "where is the bathroom" in Russian. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I doubt the people running the scam service care about keeping David on the hook when there's any number of other fools waiting in line to hand over their money.  At this point, David is probably more trouble than he's worth to them.

I'd imagine Sharp got in contact with her and offered her some money to appear.  There's nothing about her appearance that changes the reality of the situation.  She's obviously not interested in a relationship with him and she's obviously been stringing him along with her stories about poverty and long finger nails, lol...

If the dating site is involved, it's likely less about keeping David hooked and more about showing all the other losers that there might actually be a "real" person on the line rather than a bot or a conglomerate of staff monkeys.

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I think this is great publicity for the chat site.  There is a wide world of delusional losers who are under the impression that despite lack of personality, looks and wealth they deserve to land a 24 year old model.  Perfect bait for this site.  

The only fly in the ointment is nosy American friends and family who tell then it's a scam and have all sorts of logical reasons why.  

But now, these guys can be like "look at this success story!  Had that guy just stopped at $100k he would have never met his dream girl!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

If looks can kill then the Ukrainian PI would have killed David right then and there. I would have loved him pulling out a gun and just placing it on the table and David shitting his pants.

Damn you TLC why can't you make it juicer?

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

I had no idea the Tell All was leaked and I am very late to this discussion.

I will always believe that "Lana" is some 600 lb. website employee that handles many accounts.

This blonde who appears is hired help.

I really wish the real person(s) who typed to David would of shown up instead.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

It will be easy for “Lana” to fake with David that she was online with him the whole time (and not some professional scammer) because she doesn’t speak English, so she just has to smile and hug and then pretend to be too shy to kiss him if he goes for it.  

What I would love to see is after David proposes with help is CZ ring, Lana or her bosses get it appraised.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

It will be easy for “Lana” to fake with David that she was online with him the whole time (and not some professional scammer) because she doesn’t speak English, so she just has to smile and hug and then pretend to be too shy to kiss him if he goes for it.  

What I would love to see is after David proposes with help is CZ ring, Lana or her bosses get it appraised.   

And speaking of that, why, after seven years, hasn't rich, retired David learned to speak the language of the woman he's obsessed with? It's absurd. He can afford to get Rosetta Stone (or whatever is out there now) and use all that free time he has while waiting for her to show up online learning Ukrainian or Russian or whatever she speaks.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 11:19 PM, mamadrama said:

Asking questions, cursing, laughing at people's stupidity...it was glorious! And will never be seen.

At one point Lisa starts screaming at Shaun for being "disrespectful" and threatens to leave. And yeah, after they show a clip of Lana on an iPhone Shaun was all, "Now David...you said she couldn't use a phone because of her fingernails and yet we just saw..." She was direct.

I’m confused. Has part of the tell-all already been on? What will never be seen? Help!

On 5/8/2020 at 11:19 PM, mamadrama said:

Edited by Flip Flops

10 hours of unedited tell all footage was leaked a few days ago.  It's both fascinating and mind-numbing.  The basic take-away is that David is mostly for reals...and that Lana is "real" in only the most ephemeral, non-romantic way.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Flip Flops said:

I’m confused. Has part of the tell-all already been on? What will never be seen? Help!

There's a discussion on it a page back and a complete summary on the spoilers thread. 

1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

This woman is not 25 years old, nor is she impoverished, she's already edging into Darcy levels of facial reconstruction.

I am sure that when it sinks in for David that Lana 7 years older (and not frozen in time like his expectations) than when he received the photos (and they were probably not current when she sent them) he will soon decide, probably after filming, that she is now too old for him and start looking for his new soul mate.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

LOL...that duster!  Just tragic! 🤣

I belong to the Sissy Squad on Facebook. Someone there speculated that David wore that black duster so he'd look like Boris when he met his Natasha.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)

Have you all seen the photo of Lana where she's in the blue dress and leaning against the tree? She's clearly either photoshopped it or stuffed a pillow up the back because her bottom is big enough to seat a family of 4. It's Darcey-level shenanigans. 

I can't upload the picture, but you can see it here:

https://images.app.goo.gl/cK3K919Mhu32gYAb9

Edited by mamadrama
  • LOL 10
15 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I am sure that when it sinks in for David that Lana 7 years older (and not frozen in time like his expectations) than when he received the photos (and they were probably not current when she sent them) he will soon decide, probably after filming, that she is now too old for him and start looking for his new soul mate.   

Yes, and this is fine.  Their "relationship" is transactional.  It's fine for her to milk him for gifts and money.  It's fine for him to move on to someone younger and more "lana'esque"....it'll be fine for that girl to milk this fool out of all his money. 

There are no kids here like with ceasar and David has made it very clear that he is rich, a multimillionaire and that money isn't an issue.  

David is the perfect mark.  Unsympathetic. 

Now that the next Lana knows David is a multimillionaire who owns multiple homes she or he should strategically use that information to bleed him dry. 

next Lana should take everything but that awful jacket. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yes, and this is fine.  Their "relationship" is transactional.  It's fine for her to milk him for gifts and money.  It's fine for him to move on to someone younger and more "lana'esque"....it'll be fine for that girl to milk this fool out of all his money. 

There are no kids here like with ceasar and David has made it very clear that he is rich, a multimillionaire and that money isn't an issue.  

David is the perfect mark.  Unsympathetic. 

Now that the next Lana knows David is a multimillionaire who owns multiple homes she or he should strategically use that information to bleed him dry. 

next Lana should take everything but that awful jacket. 

If baby love is a multimillionaire who doesn't care to flash his wallet then how come the future Mrs. Droopy Dog still lives as a shut in in abject poverty, barely scraping enough money together for food? /s 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

If baby love is a multimillionaire who doesn't care to flash his wallet then how come the future Mrs. Droopy Dog still lives as a shut in in abject poverty, barely scraping enough money together for food? /s 

And he bought her a cubic zirconia as an engagement ring.

To quote Judge Milian on People's Court, "I wouldn't believe him if his tongue came notarized."

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 5/9/2020 at 11:57 AM, mamadrama said:

David's so delusional that I find him a little scary. I got genuinely upset watching him getting flustered and digging his hole deeper and deeper. It wasn't funny. He's dangerously obsessed with Lana and Ukrainian women in general. I could see him as someone even the sex tours would ban. 

Definitely. David is a major stalker and god knows what else. 

On 5/11/2020 at 4:03 PM, greekmom said:

If looks can kill then the Ukrainian PI would have killed David right then and there. I would have loved him pulling out a gun and just placing it on the table and David shitting his pants.

Damn you TLC why can't you make it juicer?

Lol, I love Sergy the PI, who gives no fucks about David's delusions. Right before David tried out his "you're fired" technique, his upper lip was literally quivering, and I was afraid of my television for a moment. But then big bad Dave swished away in the black ?leather/pleather duster with the wrinkled hem, and I was able to laugh again. What a fool.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Have you all seen the photo of Lana where she's in the blue dress and leaning against the tree? She's clearly either photoshopped it or stuffed a pillow up the back because her bottom is big enough to seat a family of 4. It's Darcey-level shenanigans. 

To steal a line from Molly and Cynthia, OHHHH NOOOOOOO!

140719843_Lana2.jpg.e38bb6806d8bd8926f52e00d2b8c911f.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

To quote Judge Milian on People's Court, "I wouldn't believe him if his tongue came notarized."

I completely forgot about that! LOL

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

In the Tell All leak David claims that Lana wanted to pick out her own ring but production insisted that he bring her a ring so because it was just a prop that would never be worn it would be foolish to buy a diamond.  Also that is why the size didn’t matter.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

In the Tell All leak David claims that Lana wanted to pick out her own ring but production insisted that he bring her a ring so because it was just a prop that would never be worn it would be foolish to buy a diamond.  Also that is why the size didn’t matter.

1.  I've said before and I say it again:  I don't believe one word that comes out of his mouth about ANYTHING.

2.  Size DOES matter.  LOL.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

1.  I've said before and I say it again:  I don't believe one word that comes out of his mouth about ANYTHING.

2.  Size DOES matter.  LOL.

Yeah he also claims he is a millionaire but yet he works for the county lol.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

It just makes me laugh that David thinks any woman would want to be stuck in an RV with him for 6 months. Even if by a miracle Lana agreed to come here and marry him it would be for better opportunities than that.

I suspect she'd have to take a pay cut to do that.  Then she'd only be dependent on one man to maintain her lifestyle instead of the (probable) 10 or more who pay for her time via computer in Ukraine.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah he also claims he is a millionaire but yet he works for the county lol.

MULTI millionaire, but needs to go the diamonelle route for a ring.  If money is no object, as he repeatedly squawks....why not get two real rings?  

And honestly, I think real diamonds are kinda out of touch.  Too many lives lost, too much misery, too much conflict.  Lab grown diamonds are where it's at now. 

It's like fur coats, back in the day people only bought fake fur because they couldn't afford real fur.  My mother still has her real mink coat.  But now like a ton of rich people wear fake fur and it can be just as pricey. 

30 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I suspect she'd have to take a pay cut to do that.  Then she'd only be dependent on one man to maintain her lifestyle instead of the (probable) 10 or more who pay for her time via computer in Ukraine.

According to David, those are just her "friends" so she wouldn't have to stop talking to them even if she was here. 

1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

It just makes me laugh that David thinks any woman would want to be stuck in an RV with him for 6 months. Even if by a miracle Lana agreed to come here and marry him it would be for better opportunities than that.

A silicone woman would totally be into that.  

In case you're reading this David, just consider it!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

From the episode thread...

Do you know if he has an ex or kids?  He acts like he just got divorced, but if he's been "inlove" with Lana for 7 years, it isn't recent. Also, any idea what he did for work. He triggers easily so sales must be out.

He's very comfortable navigating Ukraine. No hesitation driving in a war zone, finding candy store, cafes, finding a PI and requesting a tranlator from the hotel. Maybe there is an overlap with other women and his love obsession for Lana. Speaking of Lana, anyone think she knows her life in the US would be living out of an RV spending winters in packed RV parks in Arizona?

No children, as far as I know, and no marriage in the past 30 years at least (probably never). He just retired from his government job as a computer programmer for Clark County. He was there 20+ years. His salary was good, more than $120,000 a year including bonuses, and he owns several investment properties. He may have investments in other things. He's frugal and I can believe he is a millionaire. The only thing he's blown money on, aside from Ukrainian dating, is classic cars. 

There are overlaps with Lana. He's been traveling back and forth to the Ukraine on "love tours" for 20 years. IMO he was not "exclusive" with Lana and only recently zeroed in on her. All those other times that he traveled there to meet her and she stood him up were probably trips to meet multiple women, not just her. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

No children, as far as I know, and no marriage in the past 30 years at least (probably never). He just retired from his government job as a computer programmer for Clark County. He was there 20+ years. His salary was good, more than $120,000 a year including bonuses, and he owns several investment properties. He may have investments in other things. He's frugal and I can believe he is a millionaire. The only thing he's blown money on, aside from Ukrainian dating, is classic cars. 

There are overlaps with Lana. He's been traveling back and forth to the Ukraine on "love tours" for 20 years. IMO he was not "exclusive" with Lana and only recently zeroed in on her. All those other times that he traveled there to meet her and she stood him up were probably trips to meet multiple women, not just her. 

I also believe he is a millionaire - or at least he certainly could be. That's a good salary in that part of the world and State employees from that far back usually have good pension plans (he probably gets something like 80 percent of his salary for the rest of his life plus health insurance). No wife and no kids - and no expensive hobbies (beyond Ukrainian dating sites) and he could have socked away quite a bit of money...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I also believe he is a millionaire - or at least he certainly could be. That's a good salary in that part of the world and State employees from that far back usually have good pension plans (he probably gets something like 80 percent of his salary for the rest of his life plus health insurance). No wife and no kids - and no expensive hobbies (beyond Ukrainian dating sites) and he could have socked away quite a bit of money...

Yeah, I don't have trouble believing that part. Everything else? You bet! 😃

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 2:19 PM, mamadrama said:

Ha! That is a horrible Photoshopping job! These "girls" have good reason to believe that these men are morons. I mean, come ON!

I saw a 2-part Dr. Phil last week (don't judge: This lockdown has lowered my standards) about an elderly widow who has sent over $225K to three scammers. According to Dr. P's sources, scammers often speak with accents that don't match their persona: Guy claims to be Italian, but speaks with a Middle Eastern accent. They said they do it on purpose, because when a mark sees past this red flag, they know they have a live one! 

I think the obviously Photoshopped pics must serve the same purpose. 

Edited by 7isBlue
spelling
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

Ha! That is a horrible Photoshopping job! These "girls" have good reason to believe that these men are morons. I mean, come ON!

I saw a 2-part Dr. Phil last week (don't judge: This lockdown has lowered my standards) about an elderly widow who has sent over $225K to three scammers. According to Dr. P's sources, scammers often speak with accents that don't match their persona: Guy claims to be Italian, but speaks with a Middle Eastern accent. They said they do it on purpose, because when a mark sees past this red flag, they know they have a live one! 

Same with the misspelled scam emails.  If that doesn’t set off red flags, then they know they have an easy mark.   

• Love 7
5 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

Ha! I think I watched the same one on Dr Phil. I never watch that show but yes this staying home has me watching even more garbage than I usually do. You are not alone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

Ha! I think I watched the same one on Dr Phil. I never watch that show but yes this staying home has me watching even more garbage than I usually do. You are not alone.

He's done a lot of them. I don't like Dr. Phil but when I stumble on the catfish ones, I always get sucked in. It's amazing what people will believe and sad to see how they bankrupt themselves in pursuit of "love."

• Love 10
20 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

If we're talking mobile homes, I'd rather live with Larry. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 5/13/2020 at 4:02 PM, Armchair Critic said:

The thought of living in an RV with anyone, even my nice husband, is giving me a queasy gut. Can you imagine two strangers with a language barrier co-habitating in a small metal tube? And David with his barely contained rage when confronted with facts that don't align with his skewed vision of reality, probably even down to where they'll camp for the night. He's too old now to change any lifetime perceptions of women and/or marriage. It was stated above that he's never been married; his romantic experience has been with Ukrainian women looking for American or other western men. I'd love to watch a reality video of him and Lana living and interacting together. He's a weirdo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

As for being stuck in an RV with an older man:  Steve Martin, Martin Short, etc:  Yes please.  They are funny and great conversationalists.  David:  "So, Lana........did you miss me when I went to the store?  Hmmmmm....." "Did you like the lunch I made?  Hmmmmmm......"

Shoot me now.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

In the event they actually do spend time together ( let's be real. not likely) it must be a real gamechanger to have to talk and use words and facial expressions to communicate. No emojis????!?!?!? However will David know how much Lana adores him?

• LOL 7
  • Love 3