Type keyword(s) to search

David and Lana: The Seven-Year Ditch

• Start Topic

I continue to try to figure out why this guy went on this show.

Doesn't need the money, has achieved the Pizza Making Award, is old enough to know better. He does have an odd combination of arrogance and entitlement but his TLC performance borders on delusion and predator/conqueror.

Help anyone! I don't want to think about this anymore, lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

Doesn't need the money, has achieved the Pizza Making Award, is old enough to know better. He does have an odd combination of arrogance and entitlement but his TLC performance borders on delusion and predator/conqueror.

He wants his 15 minutes of fame.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

No, I get it. I can't figure it out either. If his sister had been involved then I might have understood. The only thing I can think is that this dude is so delusional that he honestly thinks he's a lady's man and he can get all these beautiful, foreign women. His ego is so huge that he may have wanted to show off. I don't think he's on there for side gig motives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Do you think maybe it was to get TLC to pay for another trip or two? Or so he can add "American reality television 'star'" to his dating profile?  Because I can see how he's suddenly so defensive on PT since the whole "tv star" thing kind of backfired on him.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

so defensive

His prickly personality combined with the mmmmmm's and creepy facial expressions when looking at Lana scream ID Channel. These senior players are the worst. Add to Abby's two and you have the trifecta of nasty.

• Love 11

Regarding David being on the show - there was a suggestion that David is part owner in one of the Ukrainian dating sites. I think there was something to back it up as opposed to people thinking it was the only thing that made any sense. It may have been posted here during his season, but I didn't go back and look. If there wasn't actually any proof, I think it still makes as much sense as anything else. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Christina said:

Regarding David being on the show - there was a suggestion that David is part owner in one of the Ukrainian dating sites. I think there was something to back it up as opposed to people thinking it was the only thing that made any sense. It may have been posted here during his season, but I didn't go back and look. If there wasn't actually any proof, I think it still makes as much sense as anything else. 

think that David himself acknowledged that somewhere.

• Love 3

David's not looking so "Hot" lately.

Rabbit Holing you tube and found this guy who bought 90 Day cameos and snarked about them. David is at the beginning, around 2:40. ( funny, a David cameo) 

Looks like he aged since we saw him last-dumped a little face weight, pasty complexion.

Entertaining message.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Looks like David got himself a new wig! Or is that the one that looks like he just got a haircut??  Phase one... New haircut.  Phase two... part on the side.  Phase three... Long over the ears, parted on the side.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/20/2020 at 7:28 AM, ALittleShelfish said:

Do you think maybe it was to get TLC to pay for another trip or two? Or so he can add "American reality television 'star'" to his dating profile?  Because I can see how he's suddenly so defensive on PT since the whole "tv star" thing kind of backfired on him.

I think he seems way overconfident as well as defensive and he is always right and very dismissive, who would want to be in a relationship with a guy like him.  He also tries to present as younger than his years and yet he is dressing and living in the 80’s.  Overall he comes across as thinking he’s an expert in dating so maybe that is ultimate gift - an overseas dating coach lol 😂 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Yes, he looks much better.  I think he must have consulted a stylist or something.  Looks like he may have lost a few pounds and is definitely dying the hair darker, or it is a fresh dye job that hasn’t had a chance to fade into its final color yet.

I wonder, does it look like he is jazzing up in preparation to be on another season/version of 90 Day, etc.?  I did not see a single mention of his one true love Lana in the Soap Dirt article, so does that mean she is not his fiancé any more?  If so, he may be going back to the trough to find a companion for his retirement galavanting. 

• Love 2

Lana did a Q&A and a few of the answers are on this IG post:

The caption:

90daythemelanatedway

Lana did a Q&A and let’s just say, she was never really engaged to David, she’s still getting 💰 from David & I can’t remember how much that website charges a minute, but I do recall it was a lot! 😲👀 (Swipe through)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

When I saw so many of you saying he looked better and then someone  @HighlandWarriorGrl suggested maybe he consulted a stylist- I thought gee maybe I should find out who said stylist is and consult myself! Sorry not sorry but I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. He may look a bit younger and more 2021 than before, but I don't think he looks better........so I guess I can save my $$ and not pay the stylist.

Then again, trust me- I could still use some help stylin'!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

I needed a break from fake news and got this:

90 Day Fiancé: David Murphey Announces Intentions To Fight For Ukraine

Murphey is so dedicated to Lana, he shocked fans by announcing that he wants to fight for Ukraine against the Russian invasion.

https://screenrant.com/90-day-fiance-david-murphey-ukraine-war/

Maybe they need a decoy or bait of some kind to lure the Russians in, that is how I see David helping Ukrainian army.  Has he not been watching the news, that shit is real and I think that he thinks if by some miracle he actually makes it to the Ukraine he will be a war hero and Lana will throw herself at him while he enjoys the hero's parade and they will live happily ever after.

He is nuts.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Maybe they need a decoy or bait of some kind to lure the Russians in, that is how I see David helping Ukrainian army.  Has he not been watching the news, that shit is real and I think that he thinks if by some miracle he actually makes it to the Ukraine he will be a war hero and Lana will throw herself at him while he enjoys the hero's parade and they will live happily ever after.

He is nuts.

I listened to his live. I do not think at his age he will be choosen to do anything. I  believe the cut off is 60 and heis 64. He was clear this was not about Lana. He has admitted it was not an engagement but he has made sure she is okay during this time but he has moved on. He also has offered his friend, I think her name was Ana that he meet with on the show. She is married and pregnant and he offered to sponsor her and have her live in one of his rental homes. 

I do think he is serious about going over but will not be choosen. He was in the military in the US and he feels like Ukraine is his second home. He has spent quite a lot of time and money there.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

From the article:

David said that he has applied "to become a foreign fighter in Ukraine." He said that he is currently planning his life around this while he awaits his interview. Though David is a successful computer programmer, he revealed that he does have a military background. “I’m prepared to fight, but I don't know if that's exactly how they'll use me. They'll use me in any way that they need based on the resume I submitted,” he said. David said that he has three years of army experience, though he has not been in combat. He also has expert grenade, rifle, and special weapons training in the military.  

David said that though he is willing to fight for Lana and the Ukrainian people, his technical skills will probably be used for a different kind of assistance. He added that he has drone flying experience that he would love to use, though he said such a position was unlikely to occur. In regards to Lana, David said that he talks to her as a friend every day or other day to check in with her though he will not likely see her while he is in Ukraine. David told his followers that Ukraine is like a second home to him, as he spent 18 months there over the past two decades. Therefore, it is important for him to be there to fight for the Ukrainian people, as he doesn't think the war will have a quick conclusion.

• Useful 2
27 minutes ago, Gobi said:

He seems to be as delusional about his military abilities as he is about his chances with Lana.

Agreed but ( & I don't believe I'm saying this) at least he's doing a bit more than changing his avatar on his social media.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Agreed but ( & I don't believe I'm saying this) at least he's doing a bit more than changing his avatar on his social media.

I mean, he's a thirsty sad dude. I don't doubt for a moment that he saw this as a way to get another 15 minutes of fame back. Using this war as a social media platform to get back in the spotlight is repugnant, but that's how little I think of this nutbar.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/8/2022 at 10:43 AM, Teri313 said:

From the article:

David told his followers that Ukraine is like a second home to him, as he spent 18 months there over the past two decades. Therefore, it is important for him to be there to fight for the Ukrainian people, as he doesn't think the war will have a quick conclusion.

18 months over two decades is less than one month per year (max 7.5% of the entire timeframe).  Ukraine is like a 2nd home to him, yet he doesn't speak the language, beyond the universal, "Mmmmm Mmmm."  And, I think that he cares only about Ukranian women.  He had no good interactions with the Ukranian men - the one who answered Lana's door, and the translator he fired.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

DONATE??? Have you watched the Ukraine stuff that's been on this week?  This dumbass is buying guns, fatigues, body armor... ALL KINDS OF GOOD STUFF because....

At 63, he's gonna go fight the Russians IN UKRAINE.  Not sure how he's gonna get there but he seems serious.  His fambly needs to have him 5150'd or something.

Dang.  He needs "combat experience".  LUCKY!!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 3/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, Grifter Lives said:

18 months over two decades is less than one month per year (max 7.5% of the entire timeframe).  Ukraine is like a 2nd home to him, yet he doesn't speak the language, beyond the universal, "Mmmmm Mmmm."  And, I think that he cares only about Ukranian women.  He had no good interactions with the Ukranian men - the one who answered Lana's door, and the translator he fired.

And, I think that he cares only about single beautiful, blonde, and YOUNG Ukranian women without children.. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 4/22/2022 at 8:14 PM, goofygirl said:

DONATE??? Have you watched the Ukraine stuff that's been on this week?  This dumbass is buying guns, fatigues, body armor... ALL KINDS OF GOOD STUFF because....

At 63, he's gonna go fight the Russians IN UKRAINE.  Not sure how he's gonna get there but he seems serious.  His fambly needs to have him 5150'd or something.

Dang.  He needs "combat experience".  LUCKY!!

There's a 73-year-old retired Vietnam vet from Florida who has joined the Ukrainian Army, although he has combat training. I, for one, don't doubt David's sincerity and for the very first time he's earned a bit of goodwill from me. I was only upset that he'd have to leave Mothra! The guys I dare to go over there are the camo-cosplaying "patriots," so they can put weapons where their mouths are and fight for freedoms that truly ARE at risk.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

The guys I dare to go over there are the camo-cosplaying "patriots," so they can put weapons where their mouths are and fight for freedoms that truly ARE at risk.

Sadly, those "patriots" are probably not willing to support Ukranians.

• Love 1