Type keyword(s) to search

David and Lana: The Seven-Year Ditch

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

It sounds to me like he and Lana were never really"together" and that all the times she stood him up wasn't really as blatant as how he made it seem. He was already going to be in Ukraine and asked her to meet for coffee or something and she didn't show up. That's different than him flying all the way to see her and her standing him up. Also, if he's been with over 100 women in the Ukraine then that's not"dating." That's sex tourism. 

And he gave up dating American women 15 years ago because he kept thinking of the Ukraine.   He has quite a Fetish.  

He also said he turned down a bunch of proposals.... so he prefers the unattainable Lana to a flesh and blood woman?  Or maybe after he has sex once, he loses interest.  As Mamadrama said, he is a sex tourist.  What woman who wasn’t desperate would want him?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

And he gave up dating American women 15 years ago because he kept thinking of the Ukraine.   He has quite a Fetish.  

He also said he turned down a bunch of proposals.... so he prefers the unattainable Lana to a flesh and blood woman?  Or maybe after he has sex once, he loses interest.  As Mamadrama said, he is a sex tourist.  What woman who wasn’t desperate would want him?

I think this may be a another Caesar. Caesar's narrative was "poor naive guy gets taken in by Ukrainian scammer." The truth was a little different. Lana may be the same. He's driving this "she won't give me her contact info and keeps standing me up train" but so far we only have HIS word for any of it.

• Love 7
On 4/6/2020 at 3:01 PM, Gobi said:

I'm wondering if Sharp is running out of genuine oddball couples. All of the couples this season seem fake, to a greater or lesser degree. Some of them for spoiler reasons (see the couples threads).  

Obviously, this "couple" has not made an impression on  me.  I saw a notification about a post I made on this thread on March 30  and I had no clue who David and Lana were until I clicked on it.    🤣 This story line is so forgettable  

• Love 6

His hair looks much better.  Why did he go on TV looked like a mess?  He needs to get on ourtime.com and find Yolanda. 

On 4/10/2020 at 9:32 AM, DEL901 said:

All of these problems could be solved with a collection of  life-size silicone dolls.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, RealReality said:

All of these problems could be solved with a collection of  life-size silicone dolls.

Here's a Real Doll that would pass for Lana. David's problems are solved. And he can keep her safely locked in the closet when he needs to spend quality time with the cats.

1048560457_RealDoll.thumb.jpeg.fb50af00b4a7295e0766f0a4588a2872.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
18 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

Here's a Real Doll that would pass for Lana. David's problems are solved. And he can keep her safely locked in the closet when he needs to spend quality time with the cats.

1048560457_RealDoll.thumb.jpeg.fb50af00b4a7295e0766f0a4588a2872.jpeg

Are you sure that isn't Lana?

• LOL 9
On 4/10/2020 at 11:50 AM, mamadrama said:

It sounds to me like he and Lana were never really"together" and that all the times she stood him up wasn't really as blatant as how he made it seem. He was already going to be in Ukraine and asked her to meet for coffee or something and she didn't show up. That's different than him flying all the way to see her and her standing him up. Also, if he's been with over 100 women in the Ukraine then that's not"dating." That's sex tourism. 

If he’s been with 100 women in the Ukraine, perhaps that is why he is so obsessed with Lana. She’s the one he didn’t get. The elusive Lana. He’s determined to have her. And then probably dump her, for some perceived imperfection. 

Odd that out of  a hundred he seems to only have maintained contact with Anya(?), the one he says things didn’t work out with. She was “too shy” I think he said. 

When they showed him walking down the dark road beginning his search for Lana, I imagined Elvis in the background singing “Kentucky Rain”

Edited by iwasish
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Spike said:

If you read his IG Q&A Christina posted a link to on Thursday it sheds some light on why he lost interest in Anya.

And it still makes him look a little off. Oh no! She wouldn't even hug him upon meeting?! Next! 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

When they showed him walking down the dark road beginning his search for Lana, I imagined Elvis in the background singing “Kentucky Rain”

I love Elvis, love that song and boy you really nailed it!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I love Elvis, love that song and boy you really nailed it!!!

No one will ever replace him. My favorite “If I Can Dream” brings tears to my eyes. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

And it still makes him look a little off. Oh no! She wouldn't even hug him upon meeting?! Next! 

At least Anya showed up.    Lana ditched him 3 times, a hug sounds kinda doubtful at this point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/13/2020 at 12:10 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

For me it is "Memories."  Love it.

Another fan here. I love early Elvis when it comes to looks, but I actually prefer later Elvis for voice: In the Ghetto, Moody Blue, American Trilogy, Crying in the Chapel, etc and some of the later country songs he remade (Always on My Mind, For the Good Times, etc) He also recorded my favorite Christmas song-It Won't Seem Like Christmas Without You. He was a beautiful man. 

On topic... David's storyline isn't funny, it's a little creepy. He's stalking her at this point. She sent him a message that basically told him she'd like to meet for a photo op so that she could come to the US, and he acted like she'd sprung some John Dunne level shit at him. He's acting REALLY obsessed, but I'm still not sold on the truth of all this. From what we've seen in his posts, he's way more casual than the show has let on. He has an ulterior motive for being on this show, I just haven't found it yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Another fan here. I love early Elvis when it comes to looks, but I actually prefer later Elvis for voice: In the Ghetto, Moody Blue, American Trilogy, Crying in the Chapel, etc and some of the later country songs he remade (Always on My Mind, For the Good Times, etc) He also recorded my favorite Christmas song-It Won't Seem Like Christmas Without You. He was a beautiful man. 

On topic... David's storyline isn't funny, it's a little creepy. He's stalking her at this point. She sent him a message that basically told him she'd like to meet for a photo op so that she could come to the US, and he acted like she'd sprung some John Dunne level shit at him. He's acting REALLY obsessed, but I'm still not sold on the truth of all this. From what we've seen in his posts, he's way more casual than the show has let on. He has an ulterior motive for being on this show, I just haven't found it yet.

He ain't nothin' but a hound dog.

• LOL 5

Since we know the producers "script" some scenes, I have to imagine that this whole story line is made up.  I know many Americans are victims of love scams. I can see the possibility of a naive, dopey lady like Yolanda being catfished in this way.

But David has been "dating " Ukrainian women online for 10+ years and would have seen every scam already. He seems pretty smart and successful and I just don't believe he'd be led on by Lana for seven years as she blows him off over and over again.   I also don't see why a catfisher would agree to meet him for lunch instead of coming up with an excuse. I'm just not buying it all.

• Love 5
On 4/12/2020 at 1:18 PM, Spike said:

If you read his IG Q&A Christina posted a link to on Thursday it sheds some light on why he lost interest in Anya.

Seriously man?!? You're gonna lay this turd at our feet without taking one for the team and telling us what he said?!? Have you no compassion for quarantining etiquette?!

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Seriously man?!? You're gonna lay this turd at our feet without taking one for the team and telling us what he said?!? Have you no compassion for quarantining etiquette?!

It’s in his couple’s thread.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/9/2020 at 5:15 PM, Christina said:

David answered some questions, and in my opinion, made himself look worse.

There have been several comments from the beginning that said he has an arrest record for hiring a prostitute in Vegas (it's not legal in the city), but no one has ever posted proof. I thought it was confusion with Geoffrey, but someone says it again in the comments of this IG, so I thought I'd mention it. 

Here is what I was referring to for those who missed it last week.

• Love 2

This is all hogwash. That candy store he went to isn't even in her town. It's like an hour and a half away. The restaurant is in her town, but the candy store isn't. TLC is just testing my patience at this point. 

lana.png

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

A town without a candy store

Well that certainly explains why the clerk wouldn’t recognize the pic even if it were legit.

Edited by Spike
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Spike said:

A town without a candy store

Well that certainly explains why the clerk wouldn’t recognize the pic even if it were legit.

Didn't he say something like the reason he didn't just go to her house is because he didn't want to be creepy? Like walking around with her picture and showing it to random store clerk wasn't?

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

It appears he sure knows how to get around the Ukraine, driving, translation app, money. I'm voting sex tourist who is confident this little nugget is safe from our preying eyes.

Sure looking like a horny old fool to me.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

It appears he sure knows how to get around the Ukraine, driving, translation app, money. I'm voting sex tourist who is confident this little nugget is safe from our preying eyes.

Sure looking like a horny old fool to me.

He says he's "dated" over 100 Ukrainian women, so yeah, sex tourist.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Didn't he say something like the reason he didn't just go to her house is because he didn't want to be creepy? Like walking around with her picture and showing it to random store clerk wasn't?

Yes he said something like "I don't want to scare her" but man, if a guy showed up in my hometown, carrying a picture of me, asking about me to everyone.....call 911!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes he said something like "I don't want to scare her" but man, if a guy showed up in my hometown, carrying a picture of me, asking about me to everyone.....call 911!

Well hopefully 'she' doesn't even exist so he'll never find her anyway. What a douche.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, mamadrama said:

11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I'm going to defend David and say this is less creepy in Ukraine than it would be in the USA. Ukraine is culturally about 30 years behind the USA. They don't worry as much about stalkers and personal privacy there.

At the risk of outing myself as a creep, I will share that back in 1990, I was studying abroad in Europe. I recalled that a girl I was friends with at my university back in the USA told me that she would be studying abroad at a university in Spain.  I was traveling through Spain on a school break and stopped in that city and went to the study abroad office and asked for her number and/or address.  At the time, it did not feel creepy and the lady in the study abroad office didn't treat my request as creepy. 

A guy can also get away with stuff like this as the "dumb American" in foreign countries.  If you give me the photo of an American woman and I hang around her apartment complex in the USA asking for information about her and claiming to be her boyfriend, many people will refuse to talk to me and/or call the cops. My success rate would be much higher in the developing world, assuming the neighbors spoke English.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I'm going to defend David and say this is less creepy in Ukraine than it would be in the USA. Ukraine is culturally about 30 years behind the USA. They don't worry as much about stalkers and personal privacy there.

At the risk of outing myself as a creep, I will share that back in 1990, I was studying abroad in Europe. I recalled that a girl I was friends with at my university back in the USA told me that she would be studying abroad at a university in Spain.  I was traveling through Spain on a school break and stopped in that city and went to the study abroad office and asked for her number and/or address.  At the time, it did not feel creepy and the lady in the study abroad office didn't treat my request as creepy. 

A guy can also get away with stuff like this as the "dumb American" in foreign countries.  If you give me the photo of an American woman and I hang around her apartment complex in the USA asking for information about her and claiming to be her boyfriend, many people will refuse to talk to me and/or call the cops. My success rate would be much higher in the developing world, assuming the neighbors spoke English.

A chick continuously blows him off and stands him up, only to find that he's driven several hours to find her at her apartment? Regardless of whether or not it would've been fine with Lana, it's creepy to ME. (And I thought that's what we were talking about-our own opinions and assessment of the narrative.) 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

A chick continuously blows him off and stands him up, only to find that he's driven several hours to find her at her apartment? Regardless of whether or not it would've been fine with Lana, it's creepy to ME. (And I thought that's what we were talking about-our own opinions and assessment of the narrative.) 

Or you could say a woman continuously tells him she loves him and wants to marry him and wants to meet him and gives him her address and he goes there because he doesn't have her number and she didn't showing up at their agreed upon train station meeting, so he's worried about her or thinks there was a misunderstanding. 

The only way to call his conduct towards her "creepy" is to say "You should have known she was a criminal scamming you out of large sums of cash with no intention of meeting you like she promised, and it's bad form to show up where scammers tell you they live, it violates their privacy." 

She could have ended this relationship years ago (if she exists) instead of constantly sending him messages saying "I do still want to meet and marry you, just keep sending me money and it will happen." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 4/16/2020 at 7:58 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Exactly.  In what universe did he think that any of this wasn't going to be creepy and stalker'ish if Lana was a real woman?  

And was he saying he knew her home address but didn't want to show up there?  But wanted to ask around first?,. Was it going to be okay for him to show up to her house if the candy store lady gave him the address?  Or was he planning to ambush her there?  Which is equally creepy.  

• Love 6

Or you could say a woman continuously tells him she loves him and wants to marry him and wants to meet him and gives him her address and he goes there because he doesn't have her number and she didn't showing up at their agreed upon train station meeting, so he's worried about her or thinks there was a misunderstanding. 

The only way to call his conduct towards her "creepy" is to say "You should have known she was a criminal scamming you out of large sums of cash with no intention of meeting you like she promised, and it's bad form to show up where scammers tell you they live, it violates their privacy." 

She could have ended this relationship years ago (if she exists) instead of constantly sending him messages saying "I do still want to meet and marry you, just keep sending me money and it will happen." 

I don't think there is any other logical interpretation to his action other than creepy and stalker if Lana was a real human being.  

She not only did not show up to the train station in the hypothetical blue dress (shout out to Monica L on that), but she has never given him her phone number, she may or may not have given him her address, she has never asked him to visit her in her hometown, she has stood him up multiple times before.  He does not have an email address for her, a Google text number or even a Twitter account or Instagram.  

He literally has no other means of contacting her but a website that allows her to keep a cut of the proceeds.  He doesn't even have any social media accounts.  

Other than some random chat messages....which appear to be heavily emoji based and agreeing to whatever to keep the paid conversations flowing she hasn't given him much indication that she is interested in him.  She has stood him up multiple times.  At 60, he should be able to read a room well enough to know that she has given nothing that would suggest that, if she were a real human being, she would appreciate him ambushing her. 

I think he feels like he has enough of a case to justify doing it, if she, or anyone were to tell him it was creepy.  

And even if he was worried that she was dead in her apartment and hadn't just stood him up, he could have talked to Anya about how to get someone in a position of authority to check on her.  

he knows what he is doing and it isn't coming from a place of care or concerns.  It's coming from a place of trying to force this hypothetical person into a relationship knowing full well that she hasn't really given him any reason to think she wants a relationship with him. 

maybe it was unnecessarily cruel to send him to that cafe.  But I don't feel bad for him at all.  Had he succeeded, he would have been ambushing a woman who had given him no real signs that she is interested and has given plenty of clues and flags to indicate that she is not interested.  I dont think her actions could be much more clear in that respect.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Exactly.  In what universe did he think that any of this wasn't going to be creepy and stalker'ish if Lana was a real woman?  

And was he saying he knew her home address but didn't want to show up there?  But wanted to ask around first?,. Was it going to be okay for him to show up to her house if the candy store lady gave him the address?  Or was he planning to ambush her there?  Which is equally creepy.  

Tie her up with red licorice.

5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

hypothetical blue dress (shoutout to Monica L on that),

Blue with white accents.

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I don't think there is any other logical interpretation to his action other than creepy and stalker if Lana was a real human being.  

She not only did not show up to the train station in the hypothetical blue dress (shout out to Monica L on that), but she has never given him her phone number, she may or may not have given him her address, she has never asked him to visit her in her hometown, she has stood him up multiple times before.  He does not have an email address for her, a Google text number or even a Twitter account or Instagram.  

He literally has no other means of contacting her but a website that allows her to keep a cut of the proceeds.  He doesn't even have any social media accounts.  

Other than some random chat messages....which appear to be heavily emoji based and agreeing to whatever to keep the paid conversations flowing she hasn't given him much indication that she is interested in him.  She has stood him up multiple times.  At 60, he should be able to read a room well enough to know that she has given nothing that would suggest that, if she were a real human being, she would appreciate him ambushing her. 

I think he feels like he has enough of a case to justify doing it, if she, or anyone were to tell him it was creepy.  

And even if he was worried that she was dead in her apartment and hadn't just stood him up, he could have talked to Anya about how to get someone in a position of authority to check on her.  

he knows what he is doing and it isn't coming from a place of care or concerns.  It's coming from a place of trying to force this hypothetical person into a relationship knowing full well that she hasn't really given him any reason to think she wants a relationship with him. 

maybe it was unnecessarily cruel to send him to that cafe.  But I don't feel bad for him at all.  Had he succeeded, he would have been ambushing a woman who had given him no real signs that she is interested and has given plenty of clues and flags to indicate that she is not interested.  I dont think her actions could be much more clear in that respect.  

I don't think so either. She's clearly not interested in an actual relationship-just a transactional one-and that's IF "Lana" is a "she" at all.

The Ukraine might be behind in some things but they're not living in a different century. And my eastern European friends on FB find homeboy to be just as creepy as we do. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

he would have been ambushing a woman who had given him no real signs that she is interested and has given plenty of clues and flags to indicate that she is not interested.  I dont think her actions could be much more clear in that respect.  

She told him she wants to marry him. She asks him for money and he has sent her $100,000.  She repeatedly says she wants to meet him and makes plans to meet him but then says there was a death in the family or she needed an emergency operation. She even told him that she wants to meet him to get a photo together for their fiance visa application so she can move to the USA with him.

This is as clear as a woman can be that she's not interested?

I agree that he should know he's being scammed, but I disagree that a naive or stupid person who gets roped in to a romance scam is "creepy."  If con artists don't want weird old dudes showing up in their villages to propose marriage, they shouldn't five their address to those weird old dudes and tell them that they want to marry them.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gavinmac said:

She told him she wants to marry him. She asks him for money and he has sent her $100,000.  She repeatedly says she wants to meet him and makes plans to meet him but then says there was a death in the family or she needed an emergency operation. She even told him that she wants to meet him to get a photo together for their fiance visa application so she can move to the USA with him.

I agree that he should know he's being scammed, but I disagree that a naive or stupid person who gets roped in to a romance scam is "creepy."  If con artists don't want weird old dudes showing up in their villages to propose marriage, they shouldn't five their address to those weird old dudes and tell them that they want to marry them.

He didn’t send her any money.   He spent the money on the internet site he chats with her on.  It is x$ a minute and they do the translation.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Tie her up with red licorice.

Blue with white accents.

White accents? She’s gotta be real!  

If I recall correctly, not one woman in that rail station was wearing what could be called a blue dress (with or without white accents).

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, iwasish said:

White accents? She’s gotta be real!  

If I recall correctly, not one woman in that rail station was wearing what could be called a blue dress (with or without white accents).

I’m sorry that was a bad Gap dress joke.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yes, but if I keep saying I'm Superman and I never fly or wear a cape a 60 year old man knows better.  

Other than saying  words in a paid chat room and taking his money what has she done?  He doesn't have her phone number, she has stood him up multiple times, she apparently didn't tell him where she lives she gave him the name of a candy store.  He doesn't have her Instagram or Facebook.  They aren't even Facebook friends, but he thinks she wants a relationship with him.  He thinks that she wants to get married but she won't give him a Google voice number?  Not even a Gmail account or a Yahoo account?  

All he has is a paper thin excuse for being stalker creepy.  Other than taking his money and getting him to a paid chat site there has been nothing.  

She has given him no encouragement to show up to her town.  Zero.  None.  And the only reason this man is stalking her is because much like ceasar, he wants what he thinks he paid for.  

• Love 11

If you're paying $2.99 a minute to talk to someone, you're not in a relationship.  He pays $2.99, for some fantasy experience and feels entitled to more.  

This is evident in the fact that he said he wasn't going to leave without seeing her because he had invested so much.  

It wasn't because he thought she wanted to see him or meet him, it was sunk cost fallacy.  He paid money so he is owed a relationship.  And that's the same justification the men who follow strippers to their car use.  

A stripper doesn't owe a guy sex because she grinds on him, takes his money for lapdances and tells him he is super sexy.  

She has not given David so much as a Twitter handle.  Not an email.  She hasn't given him an address, she hasn't given him a phone number.  This is pretty much a phone sex service playing into a fantasy.  There hasn't been any indication that she wants to take it farther than that.  

How much more clear can she be?  Playing into this fantasy is her job.  The same way it is for a stripper or a phone sex operator.  

And I sincerely question how active a participant Lana was in any of these "plans"

Because here is how I see the conversation going

David: it would be so great if you were my wife and we drove the country in my RV, we could have sex at a different KOA campground every night. 

Lana: yes, very sexy, I like camping sex, tell me more lover

David: yeah, first I'd let you give me a BJ and then you could make me some pancakes in the morning, wouldn't you like that?

Lana: yes lover, that would be so wonderful I like to give head and make pancakes, tell me more

David: Lana, you're so perfect do you want to meet for real in Mexico and get the chance to give this big sexy American a BJ on the beaches of Cancun 

Lana: yes lover that sounds so good.  I like the beach, you are a big sexy American, tell me everything.  Type slowly and give me all details. I cannot wait to meet you.  

David (the next day): I booked your ticket, so I'll see you in July 19th at the Hertz rent a car counter at the airport and you'll have a bikini on and it'll ha e polka dots, right?

Lana: yes husband I will be there, you are very sexy. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, gavinmac said:

He has not sent her $100,000. He sent a website $100,000 so that he could send her messages. Paying a site $1.99 a minute to instant message someone is not the same as mailing or PayPaling someone thousands of dollars for their personal use. The distinction is important. 

This is not his first trip to Ukraine to meet her. This is his fourth, and she has failed to show up every single time. He has absolutely NO proof that this woman exists outside of a picture, much less that she wants a relationship. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

TLC  should not allow fictional fiances on the show. Lana and Williams should have been featured on the catfishing show....they have robbed us of the opportunity to watch two additional  BIG Ed and Geoffrey clone....oh the blow we have been dealt!!!

by the way the likes of SUBMIT should not be seen on our screens again...unless TLC wants to present a slant on sister wives (cheating sister wives) featuring 60 year old homewreckers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 4/17/2020 at 5:49 PM, gavinmac said:

We still don’t know if it is her address or not. 

But if he’s dated 100 women  from the Ukraine, and we know he has met at least one (Anya) in person, are we to believe that he’s only communicated with Lana over the last 7 years? Somehow I doubt that. My guess is he’s chatting with several at any given time. If Lana is conning him, I’m sure he’s not been 100 % honest with her either. And IMO he’s conning TLC and all of us viewers too. 

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, iwasish said:

We still don’t know if it is her address or not. 

But if he’s dated 100 women  from the Ukraine, and we know he has met at least one (Anya) in person, are we to believe that he’s only communicated with Lana over the last 7 years? Somehow I doubt that. My guess is he’s chatting with several at any given time. If Lana is conning him, I’m sure he’s not been 100 % honest with her either. And IMO he’s conning TLC and all of us viewers too. 

Maybe my memory is off but I thought he said in his IG Q&A that he had dated like 100 Ukrainian women so there must be overlap.

• Love 2