Type keyword(s) to search

David and Lana: The Seven-Year Ditch

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Maybe my memory is off but I thought he said in his IG Q&A that he had dated like 100 Ukrainian women so there must be overlap.

He did say that. Since he also thinks he is "dating" Lana, it's hard to say how many he has actually met in person.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Gobi said:

He did say that. Since he also thinks he is "dating" Lana, it's hard to say how many he has actually met in person.

He implied he had actually met and “dated” a hundred and that two had proposed to him , he turned them down, and he had proposed to two.     It was on one of these “dating” trips that he met Anya.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, TMI said:

TLC  should not allow fictional fiances on the show. Lana and Williams should have been featured on the catfishing show....they have robbed us of the opportunity to watch two additional  BIG Ed and Geoffrey clone....oh the blow we have been dealt!!!

by the way the likes of SUBMIT should not be seen on our screens again...unless TLC wants to present a slant on sister wives (cheating sister wives) featuring 60 year old homewreckers.

Dying laughing at "60 year old homewreckers" . 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, iwasish said:

We still don’t know if it is her address or not. 

But if he’s dated 100 women  from the Ukraine, and we know he has met at least one (Anya) in person, are we to believe that he’s only communicated with Lana over the last 7 years? Somehow I doubt that. My guess is he’s chatting with several at any given time. If Lana is conning him, I’m sure he’s not been 100 % honest with her either. And IMO he’s conning TLC and all of us viewers too. 

Yeah "dating" a hundred ukranian woman is a lot over 15 years. 

And it's even more if he wants anyone to believe that he was "exclusive" with Lana for 7 years.  That's like 99 women over 8 years and that doesn't make sense.  

What exactly is his version of dating and is this alleged 100k all spent talking to Lana or also to a few Natashas and a couple of Svetlanas?  

I wonder if he has gone on those bus trips for creepy men?  In the few documentaries ive watched about those tours...the women are still WAYYYY better looking than the guys, but they aren't as good looking or as young as the modelling pics on the websites.  

I remember watching one of those documentaries and they had some sort of "dance" or "happy hour" and it was pretty disgusting as the men were basically there picking over the women like buffet dishes....but the women were mostly just decent, nice looking women but not the knockouts that were modelling for websites.  

So I wonder if David figured Lana was an upgrade (who was absolutely into men 40 years older than her without an ounce of charm or wit)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

He implied he had actually met and “dated” a hundred and that two had proposed to him , he turned them down, and he had proposed to two.     It was on one of these “dating” trips that he met Anya.  

Sorry, I should have read this first.  

I'm guessing for David if you're not ready for full on sex the first night you're much too shy for him.  He is gross.  

I love the karma of it all.  He turned down Anya because she wouldn't have sex immediately and he was impatient.  Now he has waited seven years to have sex with person who doesn't exist but probably has chat sex with him. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

I said this in the latest episode thread.  I hope those photos were of Lana and she is behind the green door,....15 years, 8 kids and a drinking problem after those photos were taken.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

Sorry, I should have read this first.  

I'm guessing for David if you're not ready for full on sex the first night you're much too shy for him.  He is gross.  

I love the karma of it all.  He turned down Anya because she wouldn't have sex immediately and he was impatient.  Now he has waited seven years to have sex with person who doesn't exist but probably has chat sex with him. 

He also turned down Anya because she was 20.  But has been dating Lana since she was 20.  Um.

• Love 9

So I paused the clip of the door opening and though you only see a quick flash, it definitely doesn't look like a young man or woman. The forearm looks gnarly and wrinkled. I can't post a screenshot but somebody will eventually.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

So I paused the clip of the door opening and though you only see a quick flash, it definitely doesn't look like a young man or woman. The forearm looks gnarly and wrinkled. I can't post a screenshot but somebody will eventually.

Funny that’s what the arm at Darcey’s house looked like too.  Just kidding.

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Spike said:

Maybe my memory is off but I thought he said in his IG Q&A that he had dated like 100 Ukrainian women so there must be overlap.

And he spent 100k only on Lana? Maybe he’s one of those men who find some minute fault with every woman they date. Lana has been smart enough to keep him at arms length, giving him just enough to keep him buying those tokens, knowing that actually meeting him will most likely end the romance, because no one meets David’s standards. Kudos to Lana. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The editing for that café seen was definitely strange.  First of all, when David first gets there, there is a couple in the booth behind him, and you can see the woman reading from a menu.  This is at roughly 2:00.  At 3:05, the same woman is there, again/still reading from a menu.  When David leaves, at supposedly 4:00, the same couple is still there, but we can’t see the table, so no idea if they are still looking at menus or are eating or have eaten.  Now, I don’t know much about the culture in Ukraine, but staring at a menu for hour seems excessive as does spending 2 hours or more in a café.  Never mind, that no effort was made to blur the woman’s face, which although not a close-up, was still visible.   I see you TLC! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Fable said:

The editing for that café seen was definitely strange.  First of all, when David first gets there, there is a couple in the booth behind him, and you can see the woman reading from a menu.  This is at roughly 2:00.  At 3:05, the same woman is there, again/still reading from a menu.  When David leaves, at supposedly 4:00, the same couple is still there, but we can’t see the table, so no idea if they are still looking at menus or are eating or have eaten.  Now, I don’t know much about the culture in Ukraine, but staring at a menu for hour seems excessive as does spending 2 hours or more in a café.  Never mind, that no effort was made to blur the woman’s face, which although not a close-up, was still visible.   I see you TLC! 

I could see the couple hanging out because filming was going on and they wanted to be part of the fun. Maybe the hostess or production crew told them what was going on and they wanted to hang around to see what happened. Since their faces weren't blurred they must have spoken to a production assistant at least once when they signed the permission form. But the timing thing? That's sketchy as fuck. Either TLC is frauding us and he really wasn't there for two hours or the editors did a shitty job of splicing the scene together. I wouldn't. be surprised if everything from the message from Lana (the one email she supposedly sent looked like an actual email and not something from the chat site) to waiting for 2+ hours was all faked.

He could've been in that restaurant anywhere from 15 minutes to 4 hours and we wouldn't know the difference. I trust no one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, Spike said:

He also turned down Anya because she was 20.  But has been dating Lana since she was 20.  

Didn't he say it was because she was too shy/timid (i.e. probably not interested in David boning her)

• Love 5
22 hours ago, RealReality said:

I remember watching one of those documentaries and they had some sort of "dance" or "happy hour" and it was pretty disgusting as the men were basically there picking over the women like buffet dishes....but the women were mostly just decent, nice looking women but not the knockouts that were modelling for websites.  

ewwww... I was completely unaware of this, living in a cave as I do.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Takitaki said:

Didn't he say it was because she was too shy/timid (i.e. probably not interested in David boning her)

I think it's more "didn't want to bone within ten minutes if meeting". 

The cosmic karma is that had he just stuck with Anya for a few months she would have had sex with him. He has been talking to a fake person for seven years who absolutely won't have sex with him 

25 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

ewwww... I was completely unaware of this, living in a cave as I do.  

It's just sad.  

These guys know that these women are desperate and most of them are absolute bottom of the barrel so they are super ready to take advantage of the situation.  

Makes me so thankful that I'm not in that situation where I feel the need to debase myself. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I could see the couple hanging out because filming was going on and they wanted to be part of the fun. Maybe the hostess or production crew told them what was going on and they wanted to hang around to see what happened. Since their faces weren't blurred they must have spoken to a production assistant at least once when they signed the permission form. But the timing thing? That's sketchy as fuck. Either TLC is frauding us and he really wasn't there for two hours or the editors did a shitty job of splicing the scene together. I wouldn't. be surprised if everything from the message from Lana (the one email she supposedly sent looked like an actual email and not something from the chat site) to waiting for 2+ hours was all faked.

He could've been in that restaurant anywhere from 15 minutes to 4 hours and we wouldn't know the difference. I trust no one.

They tape plenty of reality TV where I live. Many times you get trapped in a place that is filming. There will be signs up that filming is going on and then they make you sign a contact to be filmed. Usually they have the space for several hours and try to keep the same people in for edits. Lets say when David went to the bathroom, they did not get a good shot and want to redo , they want the same people there. I have hung around to be an "extra" before and it is long hours just to see they only show like 2 minutes on TV. Where I live it is mostly students or older people or people wanting to see how filming works that will be willing to sign and hang around. It is VERY hard to leave once they start filming, again they want the same people to be there in case they need retakes. They are very clear on this. I have had a time when I was called maybe a month later and asked if I would come back and wear the same clothes for a retake. I did not answer that call. At least the people in the cafe, got to sit down, probably had wifi (even though David did not) , there are way worse places to be an extra, outside in bad weather, having to stand for hours. Sitting inside, able to read or surf the web or eat is pretty nice in comparison. 

• Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

They tape plenty of reality TV where I live. Many times you get trapped in a place that is filming. There will be signs up that filming is going on and then they make you sign a contact to be filmed. Usually they have the space for several hours and try to keep the same people in for edits. Lets say when David went to the bathroom, they did not get a good shot and want to redo , they want the same people there. I have hung around to be an "extra" before and it is long hours just to see they only show like 2 minutes on TV. Where I live it is mostly students or older people or people wanting to see how filming works that will be willing to sign and hang around. It is VERY hard to leave once they start filming, again they want the same people to be there in case they need retakes. They are very clear on this. I have had a time when I was called maybe a month later and asked if I would come back and wear the same clothes for a retake. I did not answer that call. At least the people in the cafe, got to sit down, probably had wifi (even though David did not) , there are way worse places to be an extra, outside in bad weather, having to stand for hours. Sitting inside, able to read or surf the web or eat is pretty nice in comparison. 

It’s kind of weird that in some of these scenes there is a loud argument and no one is looking over from surrounding tables.  The fact that they are extras explains it, but on scripted dramas the extras do look over with concern.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Spike said:

It’s kind of weird that in some of these scenes there is a loud argument and no one is looking over from surrounding tables.  The fact that they are extras explains it, but on scripted dramas the extras do look over with concern.

They for sure tell you how to act or what to wear (sometimes out of season clothes).  I try to block out my experiences so I can still enjoy these shows without yelling at the TV. Even the audience type shows I have been to tell you how to react, like may a WOW face, or act happy or disappointed. They will asked the audience to react more then once. I have always wondered why, natural reactions are so much better. Watching the masked signer, the audience reactions are so staged (I have not been to a taping of this show but ones like it) , it is hard to watch. 

I wish we could find one of the people from the cafe to tell us what it was really like. I live near Vegas and no one has reacted to David in general. A little about Yolanda and lots about Colt but David is just not talked about? 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, silverspoons said:

They're always filming something in my area. I partially financed my teen years through movie work. I've been an extra in several films and I concur. At least they could sit. I was an extra in one movie where several pivotal scenes were filmed at a racetrack (horses). We stood there for four hours, in 30-degree weather, in the snow. To this day I'm still traumatized when I see Tobey Maguire.

With what little information we've been given, I don't think we can definitively say what was up with those other people:

- extras hired by production

- regular people just caught in the crossfires but asked to hang for consistency

- production crew members acting like diners

- a lookout connected to the scam (guy by door)

- diners just finishing their meals and the whole thing was filmed in less than an hour

They all have merit. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

So last night  I needed a diversion and yes, I did look up some Ukrainian dating site.  Oy.  All the ladies had the same long hair, but in different colors, they all were posed the same, they all had a monochromatic dress, they all were "students at university", none drinked or smoked, all were from 5 foot 3 to 5 foot 8, all were between 105 and 125 pounds.  Who wants to bet that men who log on are like "Wow!!  Happy Birthday to me!" rather than "Uhm, this looks too good be true,"  Anyone???

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

So last night  I needed a diversion and yes, I did look up some Ukrainian dating site.  Oy.  All the ladies had the same long hair, but in different colors, they all were posed the same, they all had a monochromatic dress, they all were "students at university", none drinked or smoked, all were from 5 foot 3 to 5 foot 8, all were between 105 and 125 pounds.  Who wants to bet that men who log on are like "Wow!!  Happy Birthday to me!" rather than "Uhm, this looks too good be true,"  Anyone???

That documentary about Ukrainian love tours is very interesting and conveys the reality. Website women=Eastern European models. Love Tours= average looking women of all ages and body types.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

There's a real documentary done about one of those sites called "A foreign affair" which I think is also loveme.com.  It's well worth watching.

Anyway, here's he documentary:

I also recommend the 2004 film "Mail Order Wife":

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377088/

Edited by gavinmac
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I was going to come here and ask why didn't David go to that Ukraine friend back in the States to set him up with a real girl.

I answered the question myself. She will probably set him up with a woman closer to David's age and not some 20 year old that looks 16.

David just likes the idea of having a young girlfriend and is willing to pay for it. Damn, I need to find someone like that.  He doesn't care if there is an actual person there.

FraudedbyTLC says that these women don't get a penny of the money from these sites. I kind of think there has to be some monetary funds going to them.

• Love 8
On 4/21/2020 at 10:52 PM, Spike said:

You ain't the only one.

I was in a gym years ago, on the treadmill.  In Marina del Rey CA (I used to live there). 

Some dude gets on the treadmill next to me.  He stunk so bad, sweat and unwashed hair and body.  It was Tobey McGuire.  

I wonder if the guy in the apartment is, or is related to, whomever is portraying Lana online.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I was going to come here and ask why didn't David go to that Ukraine friend back in the States to set him up with a real girl.

I answered the question myself. She will probably set him up with a woman closer to David's age and not some 20 year old that looks 16.

David just likes the idea of having a young girlfriend and is willing to pay for it. Damn, I need to find someone like that.  He doesn't care if there is an actual person there.

FraudedbyTLC says that these women don't get a penny of the money from these sites. I kind of think there has to be some monetary funds going to them.

They don't get a paycheck?  I assumed it was a job, just like phone sex operator.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Maybe they are on salary and don’t get a commission.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, RealReality said:

They don't get a paycheck?  I assumed it was a job, just like phone sex operator.

If it’s a semi-legitimate site, where the women really are looking for a husband, I could see them not getting paid. If the sole purpose of the site is, as Mama Chantel would say, to harvest the American dollar, I think they would get paid. Why would anyone do that for free?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

If it’s a semi-legitimate site, where the women really are looking for a husband, I could see them not getting paid. If the sole purpose of the site is, as Mama Chantel would say, to harvest the American dollar, I think they would get paid. Why would anyone do that for free?

Exactly.  Like maybe if we're chatting about fall of empires or comparing and contrasting literary figures.....but "mmmmm, yeah" doesn't sound like a promising conversationalist. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

So David supposedly "dated" Lana for 7 years and was planning a future with her and yet he never questioned why she continued to keep up her profile on the dating site? 

And why they never spoke/texted/emailed whatever personally like not on the site? I would say if he has to pay to talk to her and she does not give him her contact info then she (or whoever is using that profile.... could be multiple people) is a valued employee! Quite the money maker!

• Love 7

No sympathy for this stupid moron, who looks dumpy, dumb, and a drag to be with. But who somehow thinks he deserves a 20-something model. What the everloving fuck is wrong with these guys who think they 'deserve' a model?

• Love 16

Much like Maria, Lana may actually be real but I don't think she had any clue that any of this was going on. The chats with her, messages, meetings set up-basically everything seen on camera- is IMO a setup by TLC. There may be a real Lana and right now she's online and seeing video clips of David waiting for her in the restaurant and thinking WTF? That's more or less what happened with Maria (who had broken up with Caesar before filming and only agreed to call him a couple of times because he begged her to help him be on TV). 

• Love 6
On 4/28/2020 at 12:02 AM, mamadrama said:

So David supposedly "dated" Lana for 7 years and was planning a future with her and yet he never questioned why she continued to keep up her profile on the dating site? 

Or why she never game him her phone number?

18 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

However, I'm not a bar guy

That is good because back when you could stop in to a local bar for a drink, all you would have met was.....other guys.

I am happy you met a real woman close to your own age!  Sounds like you are very happy!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Or why she never game him her phone number?

That is good because back when you could stop in to a local bar for a drink, all you would have met was.....other guys.

I am happy you met a real woman close to your own age!  Sounds like you are very happy!!!

real women are way better than fake women!  lol...

• Love 7

Hello guys,
I've been lurking for a while and decided to make an account cos I have some info about that website our dear David is using. Or rather, my wife has (she's Russian and yes we met online lololol - I'm French btw).
Anyway, because she teaches english, a few years ago she was contacted to work for the Anasthasia dating website (not sure of the name, but definitely the one we see on the show), so here's how it works:

Girls have to make a real profile, and beside that they have to manage 4 other fake accounts.
Obviously David has been dating a fake profile for 7 years now. It's probably several persons shared the Lana account given how long it's been.

The "1 real profile" thing also explains how he made that Ukrainian friend who feels so sorry for him.
Maybe some men manage accounts too, it could be possible. I don't know all the ins and out since my wife only did an online interview and refused as she was only interested in doing translations.

• Useful 13
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, CharkVaror said:

Hello guys,
I've been lurking for a while and decided to make an account cos I have some info about that website our dear David is using. Or rather, my wife has (she's Russian and yes we met online lololol - I'm French btw).
Anyway, because she teaches english, a few years ago she was contacted to work for the Anasthasia dating website (not sure of the name, but definitely the one we see on the show), so here's how it works:

Girls have to make a real profile, and beside that they have to manage 4 other fake accounts.
Obviously David has been dating a fake profile for 7 years now. It's probably several persons shared the Lana account given how long it's been.

The "1 real profile" thing also explains how he made that Ukrainian friend who feels so sorry for him.
Maybe some men manage accounts too, it could be possible. I don't know all the ins and out since my wife only did an online interview and refused as she was only interested in doing translations.

I was actually wondering if "Lana" could be more than one person.

• Love 7

I've spoken to a few people who know him well IRL and they've said that they'd never even heard of Lana until the filming started. That he'd talked about traveling to Ukraine and meeting women, but that it was always multiple women, not just one. I still think David might be frauding us. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, NannyBails said:

I was actually wondering if "Lana" could be more than one person.

y'know, if you stop and think about it, that would explain the weird way Lana contacted David after having stood him up for the 4th time.  She just shows up in the chat and says "so do you still want to meet and take photos for the visa?"  It was almost like she wasn't fully aware of what the specific plans were and didn't realize she'd already missed their appointed meeting time...maybe the various Lanas didn't do a good job of communicating the details of the plan to each other!  lol...

5 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I've spoken to a few people who know him well IRL and they've said that they'd never even heard of Lana until the filming started. That he'd talked about traveling to Ukraine and meeting women, but that it was always multiple women, not just one. I still think David might be frauding us. 

or maybe he's too embarrassed to admit to some friends that he's going there to be repeatedly stood up by an imaginary individual woman so he says it's a bunch of different women...

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

y'know, if you stop and think about it, that would explain the weird way Lana contacted David after having stood him up for the 4th time.  She just shows up in the chat and says "so do you still want to meet and take photos for the visa?"  It was almost like she wasn't fully aware of what the specific plans were and didn't realize she'd already missed their appointed meeting time...maybe the various Lanas didn't do a good job of communicating the details of the plan to each other!  lol...

That's exactly what I thought. Like she had no previous awareness that they were meant to meet or that she supposedly stood him up. It would also explain her terse, non specific comments to him.

• Love 6
On 5/1/2020 at 8:21 AM, Zevious Zoquis said:

h Lo and behold, it worked!  I met a great woman and we've been dating (as in actually spending real time together in the same physical space lol) for almost 2 years.  Interestingly, she lives a couple hours away from me and so we see each other weekends only, She's not built like a model.  She's a real woman.  And she's super sexy!  David could have that.  

They all can have that, David included. They all (David included) want the fantasy of some hot younger person.

I really am not sure why David is doing the show. I mean the guy must have money to spend since he frequently goes on these dating sites and/or does these dating trips to Russia.

I really wonder if someone at Sharp/TLC had something on David and made him do this? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

I can envision a very thick, coffee-stained manila folder with David's name on it at the call center for Fake Ukranian Girlfriends, Inc.

They assign new employees to take over the file because the women who have been there for a while can't even fake an interest in David.

Looks like the last one didn't even bother reviewing the file before asking David whether he still wanted to meet.  LOL.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 5/1/2020 at 1:58 PM, CharkVaror said:

Hello guys,

Was she going to get a commission based on how much the men spent?

(edited)

David's claiming bad editing, and from this he makes it sound like he and Lana have been speaking (as in using their voices) during this time. I still call b.s.

I'm on my tablet and it keeps saying my screenshots are too big. The images are at the link. 

https://m.imgur.com/a/0zRRSMC

Edited by mamadrama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4