Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/17/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Did Whoopi really justify the pardon of Michael Milkin cause he is her friend?

So, here's the thing, I guess for Whoopi, he just committed fraud and not 'fraud-fraud' since she's friends with the guy.   🤨🙄 

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan complaining about the hate she gets from 'Bernie Bros' (which to be honest it comes from everyone. She brings it on herself) to AOC who gets hate from Republicans and some Dems like no other. She got death threats and had a gunman put her on a list. A list that he tried to execute. Shut up Meghan.

Meghan never blasts her side for it, in fact she relishes in her hate. So I don't get the double standard.

Please excuse me but I am obviously out of the loop on this whole issue.   Can anyone explain to me why MM is accusing the "Bernie Bros" of hate and violence towards her?  Is all of this happening on Twitter, and if so, are they actually identifying themselves as "Bernie Bros"?  Or is she merely trying to suggest that hatred and threats of violence occur more on the Left than the Right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't think Ana backs down from defending the GOP. I think Ana stays true to her beliefs.

Paula and Jedidiah definitely didn't back down. Whoopi just hated them and that's why they're not there anymore.

7 hours ago, jPLUS said:

The worst part is when they fake laugh just to appease her. The valley girl mode was funny maybe the first time (if that) and hasn't been ever since. 

I think it's funny... Probably more so since McCain joined the table, because it sounds like she's mocking her. Her British lady voice is funnier though.

I thought today was pretty dull actually. Whoopi was the best one during the AOC interview because she didn't allow AOC to deflect from the questions--although AOC tried it. I laughed when Joy called AOC a trigger considering we know she's referring to how McCain's acted on this show. Unfortunately, it cued McCain to elevate herself as a trigger likewise, lmao. Like she holds real power in the world from her cushy seat on The View or something.

EDIT: Ugh, I don't know why quotes keep repeating themselves at the bottom of my posts.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan's ego is just astonishing.  Most of the left pays no attention to her (and they're not ignoring her; they barely know she exists).  She has a scintilla of the attention and the influence that AOC, as a U.S. Congresswoman, does.

Watching on dvr...OMG the ego is enormous with MM isn’t it.  Other than people who watch the view, no one pays any attention to what she thinks.  I don’t know what world she lives in!  I do like AOC though and thought she did well.  MM could learn a few things from her....like having actual facts.  And I don’t think AOC cares if they can reach the middle ground with MM.  

• Love 19

I watch this show occasionally though I don't last long because they talk over each other so much and I can't figure out what they are saying. I tend to do a lot of channel changing. Lately, I have been turning the show on to hear interviews with some of the political guests. I find Meghan the most annoying and agree with the comments on her poor attitude and behavior. But I wish Joy would not interrupt so much. She often jumps in too quickly instead of letting others finish their thoughts.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Whoopi usually has one rule for her and her friends and another rule for everyone else.

I wonder if this is why she seems to take umbrage when anyone says Bloomberg is trying to buy the election.  I'm sure they had some interactions in his 12 years as mayor. 

It's like she thinks this means people would be questioning the legitimacy of his election, and she's equating "buying the election" with people being paid to vote for him or something, which not at all what anyone is saying.

Until tonight's debate, Bloomberg will have done next to nothing except spend hundreds of millions of dollars of his own money in ad buys in an attempt to get people to vote for him.  That's never been done before.   

• Love 9

Missy is a totally inept public speaker ... unable to extemporaneously verbalize her opinions without referring to her notes mid-sentence.  She also starts with one subject and then blasts through polls, statistics & contrary logic until it's hard to know what she was actually trying to say.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Sunny? PLEASE!!!! You've gotta drop the whole stop and frisk thing! This is getting really tedious - as tedious as Mags suddenly acting like the show's moderator.

The last ten minutes of this show are useless. They're either putting on their version of the shopping channel or they're just back to back commercials. 

Sunny is a broken record (as they all are). She says the same things every show. I was actually surprised she wasn’t fawning over AOC today.

Edited by OpalNightstream
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

Sunny is a broken record (as they all are). She says the same things every show. I was actually surprised she wasn’t fawning over AOC today.

She is too busy fawning over Stacy Abrams as a VP choice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Oh, Joy and Whoopi. If the Dem contenders don’t get after each other Trump will have a field day. The skeletons need to be dealt with now.  (I hate agreeing with Meg.). Is Joy nuts?  Putting racist against racist?  People will choose not to vote for either.  (Remember 2016, Joy?).  And Sen Warren’s seat would not be taken by a Rep. 

Ugh.  Can’t stand Gaetz. I may tune out for the next segment. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

AOC was dressed like she was going to a New Year's Eve party.

small voice/  I actually liked what she had one - she's not a "stuffy" gal.  I didn't see if walked out when introduced or was already at the table, so I may be wrong, but it looked like she had a solid black skirt or slacks on.  Then again, I haven't met a sparkle I haven't liked

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

Joy has been way off-base for me this week. She thinks Bloomberg vs.Trump will generate useful conversation. Meghan is right; stop stepping on Warren's great performance just because you're afraid that someone else or other people will prefer Bloomberg.

I also appreciate the irony of Whoopi's meandering monologue to ask candidates to get to the point, already. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I thought Joy and Whoopi both had good points, personally. Whoopi's right that the majority of the candidates were more interested in going after Bloomberg than talking about the issues and making a case for themselves. I laughed when she brought up Elizabeth's DNA test, since it barely gets a mention anymore. Joy's correct that every person up there has an "issue" in their past. There's nobody that can pass these impossible standards that are being set, where microscopic problems are made into huge controversies.

Anyway, McCain's agenda of the day is always so blatant. She thought she'd finished everyone during the Warren interview by taking potshots at "The Media" (which she apparently thinks is Joy and Whoopi, not her) for supposedly pushing Bloomberg just because they don't agree with her on every single thing. She was practically in tears over the fact that Joy said he would be better up against Trump. LOL

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Well, Representative Gaetz seems like a pleasant person.  A-Hole.

I forgot he was on today.  Can't be too exciting, not many comments.  Anyone calling him out oh his crap?  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Well, Representative Gaetz seems like a pleasant person.  A-Hole.

A real people pleaser, than one.   And I absolutely hated how he took over the table and would not shut the hell up, no matter what.   I believe that segment was supposed to be question / answer?   And he just filibustered.  

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I forgot he was on today.  Can't be too exciting, not many comments.  Anyone calling him out oh his crap?  

Maybe everyone is still in shock that Nutty basically said she's on the fence about trump, after repeatedly saying previously that she's not voting for him.  

Either Joy or Whoopie said something about him  non-stop spouting the party line, or something to that effect, but I doubt he even heard her over his own yapping.

• Love 8

Actually, that Bloomberg memo said that Biden, Buttigieg, and Klobuchar would be the ones who would "siphon votes away from Bloomberg" if they remain in the race.  It didn't include Warren in that list.  I don't know if she just wants people to think she is or she actually isn't aware of that fact.

"Judgmental Democrats"!  Maybe Meghan's right, and Joy really does believe nothing negative about Bloomberg's past should be brought up. 

Heaven help us.  Meghan says she may run for office one day. 

Whoopie is mad the rules for the debate were changed, but is not mad at Bloomberg.  So she wouldn't mind people voting for him starting on Super Tuesday, without ever having gotten a look at the actual person?  Maybe she's okay with it because she's a New Yorker and is familiar with him, and just figures everyone else is.  But he's not someone who's really had a national profile. 

The impression I have of Bloomberg, ironically enough, pretty much comes from his appearances on The View, which were fairly often, since he and Barbara were friends.  Remember when he and Barbara were "married" on the show? 

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

small voice/  I actually liked what she had one - she's not a "stuffy" gal.  I didn't see if walked out when introduced or was already at the table, so I may be wrong, but it looked like she had a solid black skirt or slacks on.  Then again, I haven't met a sparkle I haven't liked

It was a jumpsuit and the bottom half was solid black pants.

• Love 3

My cable crapped out and YouTube is a day behind but from what I've read here, I may not bother trying to see today's show after all.

A rude, bullying Republican who won't let anyone speak and Mags finally admitting that she does support Trump? Sounds like a no brainer. I'll definitely skip this one.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I like that Warren is on, but at the same time I wish we had the ladies discuss their views on the debate. The debate last night was huge and had many moments that I wish the ladies spoke about.

I've noticed that the "Hot Topics" segments have gotten shorter or they discuss ridiculous topics like "how many bridesmaids should you have in your wedding crap (etc)" instead of the  hard issues. My theory is this is done to avoid Missy's on-air tantrums. 

Edited by rickhurst3186
Clarification
  • Love 8

So according to Joy, calling Bloomberg out on racism is being a "judgemental democrat!" So is she saying Bloomberg is the victim here of judgemental people?

And then Joy jumps to Bloomberg would do better against Trump cause they are both racist, and can then talk about things that really matter? What?

What is happening here?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

Heaven help us.  Meghan says she may run for office one day. 

I'm not surprised. I think this is why she is so obsessive about mentioning her family legacy.

2 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

So according to Joy, calling Bloomberg out on racism is being a "judgemental democrat!" So is she saying Bloomberg is the victim here of judgemental people?

I don't think she was referring simply to criticisms of Bloomberg, but the field in general.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The governor of Massachusetts is a Republican and he would appoint a Republican to take Warren's seat to finish out her term. Afterwards, there would be an election for Warren's seat where both parties could put somebody out there to compete.

Ah, ok,  My mistake.  I wasn't thinking about an appointment to fill her seat, I was thinking about a general election.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Sunny, you need to calm down about the black vote. We get it.

I wonder why she didn’t ask Nathan Fillion about the (alleged) racism and misogyny on the set of his show.   

Yup....I liked NF during OLTL, not a fan now due to the Castle behind the scenes nonsense and this.  If nothing else he should have had his ex co-worker's back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Meghan's going to really have to step up her game if she expects anyone to consider her for any office she might run for. 

Since she hasn't even bothered to learn how to be at least a competent talk show co-host  (not needing daily blue cards, ability to comfortably read from the teleprompter, knowing the cues the director gives you), I doubt she would feel like she needs to do anything that would help make her a better candidate.

I'm sure she thinks that her last name and the fact that she's been in politics, as she says, since she was in utero, would be enough for most people.  Can you imagine her in a debate performance, or taking hard questions from a town hall audience?  I can't see her inspiring much confidence in people.

17 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Joy is losing it big time.

This happens every election, and is so annoying.  It's not as if criticizing a candidate in one's own party is telling secrets that the other party would have no idea about if everybody just keeps their mouths shut.  Not mentioning something doesn't make it go away, either.  The other side is going to bring it up, regardless. 

And don't voters have a right to know, and decide if it matters to them or not?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Please someone explain to me what Whoopi was trying to say, when you went off on same rant about the debate. She said she's pissed because: 

"people" don't give "us" credit as voters, because people in New York voted him in, they voted him in twice, that doesn't mean we are dumb."

I'm assuming she is speaking about Bloomberg, but who are the "people" saying New Yorkers are dumb? I'm not following her reasoning or what her point is.

Can anyone explain it to me?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

"people" don't give "us" credit as voters, because people in New York voted him in, they voted him in twice, that doesn't mean we are dumb."

Gosh, I somehow missed this.  So, in other words "if he's good enough for NYC he should be good enough for the country.  Just trust us"?  Does that apply to all NYC  mayors, past and present? 

If anybody was saying that exact same thing to Whoopie about some other person, she wouldn't like it one bit.  She hates people telling her what to think ("Don't tell me.... ").   

(And actually, voters voted Bloomberg in 3 times, because he wanted to run again and somehow got the rule about there being a two-term limit changed.)

18 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I don’t know why she thinks the fact that they’re the same kind of person means the debate with trump will be about substantive issues.  

Joy has to realize that the debate moderators would bring up those "irrelevant because both sides are guilty" type of issues.

• Love 4