Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/17/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 17 – The Political View with founder of Fair Fight 2020, Stacey Abrams; Alison Brie (“Horse Girl”); David Alan Grier, Blair Underwood and Jerry O’Connell (Broadway’s “A Soldier’s Play”)

Tuesday, Feb. 18 – Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson joined by series inspiration Isaac Wright Jr. (ABC’s “For Life”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Wednesday, Feb. 19 — The Political View with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)

Thursday, Feb. 20 — The Political View with Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL); Nathan Fillion (ABC’s “The Rookie”)

Friday, Feb. 21 — Guest co-host Michael Eric Dyson; The Political View with former congresswoman Katie Hill (D-CA); Storm Reid (“The Invisible Man”)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TheView said:

She did resign. Meghan will have a field day with her. 

One fortunate thing is that Whoopie won't be there, since she tends to reprimand people for taking the kind of pictures that might embarrass you if they're leaked.   

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, falltime said:

There weren't tickets listed for Monday's show so I'm going to assume it is prerecorded.

You're probably correct.  Notice that VYD isn't scheduled  until Tuesday.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:31 PM, MeThinkMeNot said:

Monday and Friday is way too packed for the show.

Yep. I wonder if Whoopi's going to be off Monday again and the show is trying to stack the shows when Joy is moderating to minimize the amount of havoc McCain can cause.

• Love 2

I'm guessing Mon was prerecorded so they could take the holiday off.  I thought maybe they'd show one of the impeachment trial days that we didn't get to see in the US, but I don't remember any of these guests being listed before.  They prob taped this last Thurs.  (I doubt Whoopi would miss a chance to talk to Stacey Abrams.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That would explain why Whoopi said Stacey Abrams was coming up next on the show last week when it was really Jill Biden.

No, that’s not what she said. She mumbled that Stacey should be Joe’s VP pick as they went to commercial. 

• Love 4

I guess Friday's show was taped on Thursday, since they showed pictures of the wedding today.  I know Ana was in NYC Thursday because she was in the CNN studio on Don Lemon's show that night. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I enjoyed the segment with Joy going to the court house and answering the phone etc.  It was light hearted and fun away from that table.  
Good segment with Stacy and with the theater guys. 
Any day without the vitriol of Megahorn is a good day.  

The Joy segment was fun.   The Stacy interview was interesting and enjoyable.   She's so likeable and easy to listen to.   And "Megahorn"  - Lol !!!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Axie said:

Lots of guests, but, still pretty boring.  I did notice though that Sunny has developed an annoying laugh that I don’t think she’s always had.

I was waiting for MM to explode when Stacey talked about how they have to get the the msg out to rural america yada yada. Thats been MMs msg all along.  *****pfffft******   heh

• Love 5
5 hours ago, OnTime said:

Taped and boring today.

Last Year's show was taped and outstanding according to a person who was in the audience who spilled the tea on social media. Remember Joy and Messy went at it and the audience was with Joy all the way cheering and hollering. Unfortunately, it was edited out and we did not have fun seeing Messy being triggered by Joy and the audience..

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, lusinia said:

I guess Friday's show was taped on Thursday, since they showed pictures of the wedding today.  I know Ana was in NYC Thursday because she was in the studio on Don Lemon's show that night. 

I think Friday's show was live, they didn't have the 'recorded earlier' caption like today's show did. And friday's show is the only episode Sunny has a cast on and the clip they showed was to the tv audience not on the screen behind them.

38 minutes ago, falltime said:

I think Friday's show was live, they didn't have the 'recorded earlier' caption like today's show did. And friday's show is the only episode Sunny has a cast on and the clip they showed was to the tv audience not on the screen behind them.

That's interesting.  They obviously wanted people to think today's episode was done after Friday's episode.  They must have taped today's show before Sunny hurt her arm. 

I did check the Friday episode OnDemand before I posted earlier, since I wasn't sure, and the opening announcer says, "The View starts now" instead of "The View is live".   

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I enjoyed today's show as well.  It was great to see everyone get along.  I get so tired of all the fighting.  Even the blond was well behaved today.  Stacey was great.  So were David Allan Grier, Blair Underwood and Jerry O'Connell.  I would love to see that play they were promoting.  

• Love 5

It's like they are purposely over-stacking the show so that Megan doesn't even have a chance to fly off the handle. It's really annoying. I want a mixture of hot topics and fluff--not only fluff. If Megan can't do her job, then they need to get someone on the panel who can. I'm sick of this.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

That's interesting.  They obviously wanted people to think today's episode was done after Friday's episode.  They must have taped today's show before Sunny hurt her arm. 

I did check the Friday episode OnDemand before I posted earlier, since I wasn't sure, and the opening announcer says, "The View starts now" instead of "The View is live".   

lol Imagine being in the audience and having to wait until Sunny got back to film the 2nd episode of the day... or do they have a whole new audience waiting around? hmm It's also possible they filmed earlier than usual on friday.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I missed the first segment. What happened now?

Everyone was shilling for Bloomberg and she disagreed. Joy asked her who will she vote for them and Meghan said that it wasn't her damn business. Joy pushed on this question by asking if she'll vote Trump or Bloomberg and Meghan yelled that it wasn't her business and she won't vote for Trump or Bloomberg. Joy then said "So you won't vote."

Meghan looked bad here, but Joy did too since she's pushing hard for Bloomberg right now.

• Love 8

Is Whoopie making excuses for Bloomberg?  All this reporting about Bloomberg is about things he said long after the "Mad Men" era. 

Did Meghan say, "You guys have done a piss poor job of convincing me to vote for a Democrat.  The bolded could have been some other word; she was pointing towards the audience, but the camera cut away from her right then; the closed captioner didn't get it either.

(I imagine Meghan is the only person anywhere, on either side of the camera, who thinks their job on this show is to convince people of who they should vote for.)

Lol!  Meghan always has a problem when someone has a different view than she does, but somehow it's wrong for Joy to supposedly have a problem with what she was saying (aka "a difference of opinion").

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I cringe my way through watching and listening to Whoopi act like she ever has anything of substance to add to important discussions because most of the time, she doesn't.  She's there for the pay cheque and opens up her yap every once in a while and let's a bunch of random words fall out interspersed with some 'you knows' and 'here's the things' to justify the pay, I suppose.  But we all know she doesn't really care about half the things they talk about and doesn't even act like she wants to be there most of the time.  I find her apathy really annoying on days like this. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Did Meghan say, "You guys have done a piss poor job of convincing me to vote for a Democrat. 

I feel like I say this every day. This is part of Meghan's narcissism. She really does think Democratic candidates should have to work to get her vote.  She has made it abundantly clear she is anti-choice so that right there is going to disqualify every Democratic candidate.  She just wants to be pandered to.  She wants to be thought of as a swing voter so people will pay attention to her and ask her opinions.

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Edit: I thought Sunny was weak too. Having a black VP doesn't change how horrible Bloomberg is.

Her statement that Stacey Abrams being Bloomberg's vp would make everything A-OK was hardly doing Stacey Abrams any favors.  I know Abrams said on yesterday's show that she would accept a vp offer, but it can't be assumed that it doesn't matter who asks.

I watched the first episode of  For Life last night and I really enjoyed it.  It's good to know that the real-life person is no longer in prison.

32 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I was disappointed in Whoopi for trying to make it seem like what Bloomberg’s being criticized for is not a big deal; to use her words, that everyone “steps in it” or says things they regret.

I know; I was surprised.  It's hardly like both the racist and sexist remarks were rare occurrences.  It seems like people who know Bloomberg personally are especially willing to give him a pass in all of this. 

• Love 6

Joy and Whoopi are living in a dream world if they think Bloomberg's past remarks wouldn't be an issue if not for his Democratic opponents and the media bringing them up.  Meghan was absolutely right (there is a sentence I will probably never type again).  If Bloomberg is the nominee the Trump campaign will be all over it. Best to get it out now and deal with it. If voters don't care about it then he will win some primaries. If voters do care then he will lose and not be the nominee.

And let's not kid ourselves. If Trump had said what Bloomberg said Whoopi and Joy would be condemning him.  I fail to see how their shrugging their shoulders at Bloomberg's remarks is any different than Trump's supporters shrugging their shoulders at most of his remarks.  I'm disappointed in both of them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

How on earth does Mags husband stand her? When she gets on my nerves - which is not all that difficult to do - at least I have the option of hitting the Fast Forward. What the hell does he do? Step up his drinking? Retreat to his man cave? 

And just for the record, dear? Nobody is trying to convince you to vote Democrat. That's all in your little over-active imagination. We all know that secretly Trump's your boy despite what you might say in front of the cameras. 

• Love 14

Did anyone else hear these amazing bon mots come out Meghan's mouth:

"Not on THIS show, and NOT with THIS ho!"  

Way to keep it classy, Meghan!! 

Wonder how long she's been holding onto that little phrase for just the right opportunity to use it!  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Lol Did I hear right? Did Meghun call Bloomberg, Bloomberg supporters "far left"? Soon she will call Mitt Romney supporters "far left." She should just admit that she is part of the alt-right. MeAgain loves to dismiss the racism/bigotry that comes from her party, Rush Limbaugh being the most recent. " He has cancer. He has a hit radio show." Let not forget the bitch episode. Megaphone got mad at Joy for bringing up why/what trump supporters like about trump... racism.

200.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

She was also pretty pleased with herself for using the slang oppo.

It’s, like, what all the pundits are saying.

39 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Best to get it out now and deal with it. 

That’s what I said last week when Sunny was going after Klobuchar. 

• Love 7