Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/17/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, bannana said:

I would have to watch it again, but here is what I gleaned.  Something was said about it maybe be Russian bots who are trolling people as Bernie supporters.  But apparently some Election official or someone announced that is not the case (thus contradicting what Sanders suggested in the debate).  So MeAgain stated that.  Then Ana said it could be both bots and bros (heh heh), and MeAgain could be heard in the background saying that is not what was announced.

McCain was referring to something the person who heads Twitter said. She tried to dismiss Ana's disagreement with her, but Ana responded that she didn't trust Twitter's statements based on their history.

• Love 5

Seems like more people are starting to feel the same way I've been feeling for awhile: that this primary is bringing out the worst in the cohosts. 

I hope they can get back to what they do best: discussing real issues and presenting a variety of views with a lively and entertaining debate.

Right now, all the hosts seem to be, for a lack of a better term, overwhelmed by the ever-changing dynamics of this election. The general lack of familiarity with some of the most important factors shaping this election, such as social media and technology, is glaringly obvious, especially when discussing topics such as online harassment and misinformation campaigns. As a result, the political "predictions" are becoming less and less insightful and more outlandish.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

McCain was referring to something the person who heads Twitter said. She tried to dismiss Ana's disagreement with her, but Ana responded that she didn't trust Twitter's statements based on their history.

I kinda understand what Meghan was trying to say, but the point she actually made was pretty ridiculous. Like none of the hosts seem to understand how Twitter or online fandom culture in general works, so seeing them argue about it is incredibly frustrating.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, falltime said:

To continue our convo from earlier in the week. The announce isn't saying "The View is Live" anymore.  I wonder if they have stopped filming live.

The announcer still says 'The View Is Live' on live days.  (Usually, ' Your next hour is booked because The View is live'). 

If the show is pre-recorded, she says 'It's Time for the View'.  (Usually, 'Get ready for Hot Topics because it's time for The View'). 

They do the same thing on 'The Talk' (which I very rarely watch at all). If it's live they say the 'Te Talk is live' , but when it's pre-recorded they say 'It's time for The Talk').

• Love 3
19 hours ago, lusinia said:

Ana and her husband have an almost 25 year age difference.  

Edited 18 hours ago by lusinia

Big difference is that Ana is an independent woman who made her own money. She wasn't trying to be some Hollyweird parasite latching on to an older dude for his cash. 

And I do, seriously, think Joy is starting to crack under the stress. It's gonna be a long one until November, people!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Big difference is that Ana is an independent woman who made her own money. She wasn't trying to be some Hollyweird parasite latching on to an older dude for his cash. 

And I do, seriously, think Joy is starting to crack under the stress. It's gonna be a long one until November, people!

It wasn't so much the money thing; I definitely don't equate Ana with Pacino's girlfriend.  It was more that I thought some of the comments Joy told were kind of awkward.  The main one I remember wincing at went something like "We know what she wants from him.  But what does he want from her - a kidney?" 

And you're right - this is going to be a long 8 months.  

• Love 1
On 2/21/2020 at 3:13 PM, After7Only said:

I think MM respects Mr. Dyson's intellect, and knows 100% that he would school and embarrass her if she tried any of her usual gotcha tactics and straw man arguments on him.    

She said the pictures were taken without her knowledge or consent.  Her husband is scum.  

But a threesome with a staffer is a really bad idea, pictures or not 🙂   

I did not believe the politician when she said the pictures were taken without her consent because in most of them she's posing and/or looking straight at the camera.

I was also disappointed that they didn't ask her about the iron cross.