Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/10/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Feb. 10 – Tyra Banks guest co-hosts; Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-CA); “View Your Deal” “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Feb. 11 – Bari Weiss guest co-hosts; 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)

Wednesday, Feb. 12 — Nick Kroll (“Olympic Dreams”); winner from the Westminster Kennel Club “Best in Show” 

Thursday, Feb. 13 — Issa Rae and Lakeith Stanfield (“The Photograph”)

Friday, Feb. 14 — Lucy Hale (“Katy Keene”; “Fantasy Island”)

1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Bari Weiss again? Please don't let her be the new cohost. Get a progressive voice.

I'm actually interested to see Tyra talk about politics and how Meghan will react to it, after she says "I loved America's Next Top Model!"

Watch Megaphone commiserate/compare herself to Supermodel Tyra over body shaming, cuz Mehgun is a size 12? 14? 16?

Sure, Jan. 

Blech to Nutmeg. 

• LOL 2

Bari Weiss is one of MeAgain's *best friends*.  Sure hope she's not being considered as a replacement for Abby.

What are the odds that MeAgain will tell Tyra she's obsessed with her and loved her on America's Next Top Model.  It's all getting old and very boring.

• Love 4

Joy, stop talking and praising Bloomberg.

1 minute ago, Haleth said:

Sunny is incorrect in saying Amy Klobuchar has not been held to account for her record as a prosecutor. I’ve heard plenty of talk about this. 

Plus, no one thinks she's going to win so a lot of people are ignoring her for this reason.  Kamala, if I remember correctly, was more popular which is why she was attacked more. No one really cares about Klobuchar.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 6

Sunny brought up a good point in relation to Kamala, that Bloomberg's stop and frisk policy and Klobuchar's record aren't being questioned the way Kamala's prosecutorial record was. It's a double standard that was used to destroy the one person of color running who had a shot. Like Sunny, Kamala was my favorite this election. Buttigieg took that title for me after she dropped, but I was glad Sunny at least didn't solely go after Buttigieg for an issue many of them share this time. I'm not sure why he is the only one being questioned on an issue that many of them (including Warren and Sanders) are weak in.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Now that Biden is tanking Joy is looking at Bloomberg because she thinks he can beat Trump. When he first announced she was dismissive of him. 

24 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

No one really cares about Klobuchar.

If she was the nominee I wouldn't be mad.

20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It's a double standard that was used to destroy the one person of color running who had a shot.

That is absolutely true.  Kamala was a threat to the status quo.

• Love 10

I recommend Kamala’s book. It’s inspiring.

Good thing Meg wasn’t there to hear Uncle Lindsay called “an embarrassment” by Gov Newsome.   That wouldn’t have gone over well at all. She would have had all her fileting blue cards ready to strike back. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

Yes! No Meghun. So Tyra said that a few years ago she had her employees do  anonymous review of her. Can y'all imagine if Meghun did the anonymous review with The View crew. I don't care about The Academy Awards so their segment on it was so long.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
Just now, Sam Spayaid said:

<GASP> How can you say that?!!! ANY show without Mags is a GREAT SHOW!!!

Are you listening, ABC? I didn't think so.

HELLO!  THIS IS ABC SPEAKING!  In the words of EGOT winner, Whoopi Goldberg-  Don’t contact us, we don’t care!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Plus, no one thinks she's going to win so a lot of people are ignoring her for this reason.  Kamala, if I remember correctly, was more popular which is why she was attacked more. No one really cares about Klobuchar.

I like her.  Maybe not for Pres right away,  but i would be happy for her as VP.  I like her calm,  laid back attitude.  Ive never seen her get upset or riled or flummoxed. Is that a word?  Ok MM lol.  It could be the underdog theory. Like in a football game,  theres always an underdog.  Never expected to win anything so theres no pressure.  And what happens?....they bite ya in the ass heheh 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sunny is incorrect in saying Amy Klobuchar has not been held to account for her record as a prosecutor. I’ve heard plenty of talk about this. 

Nobody has questioned Amy about her record as a prosecutor the same way Kamala's was and Kamala the cop was all over the internet. I could say more but it would be off-topic.

I found it disappointing that Joy dismissed Mayor Pete's record in South Bend like it was no big deal.  Sunny was right when she said he was evasive in the last debate.

The show was great and everybody was relaxed and having fun, I wonder why......

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I’m concerned about Greta Moynihan, she sounded stressed, out of breath. Hope all is ok with her. 

I thought she sounded on the verge of tears.  But hopefully it was not anything serious.  

Otherwise, enjoyed the MM-less show.   Was a little surprised Anna didn't push back on Gov. Newsom though just a little.   He basically said CA is proof that progressive policies work on the large scale.  We know that would have flustered MM.    

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I thought she sounded on the verge of tears.  But hopefully it was not anything serious.  

Otherwise, enjoyed the MM-less show.   Was a little surprised Anna didn't push back on Gov. Newsom though just a little.   He basically said CA is proof that progressive policies work on the large scale.  We know that would have flustered MM.    

I remember MM said she didn’t agree with Gavin on anything last time he was a guest. 

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I recommend Kamala’s book. It’s inspiring.

Good thing Meg wasn’t there to hear Uncle Lindsay called “an embarrassment” by Gov Newsome.   That wouldn’t have gone over well at all. She would have had all her fileting blue cards ready to strike back. 

Oh snap he said that? Yeah that would have made Meghan’s blood boil. 

Gavin sure is easy on the eyes. I can’t think of anyone else in politics who has his distractingly handsome looks.

I agree with @Pearson80 about Kamala. I recall the media going after her way more. I don’t think I hear half as much about Amy’s record as a prosecutor. I do look forward to watching her on the show tomorrow. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7

I wonder if Joy (and the rest of the crew) realizes that Brad Pitt is actually 56 years old!  I did not know that!  I thought surely he is in his 40’s, which makes no sense since he’s been around forever. 
Holy, crap! Thelma and Louise was almost 30 years ago!  How can that be?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Nobody has questioned Amy about her record as a prosecutor the same way Kamala's was and Kamala the cop was all over the internet. I could say more but it would be off-topic.

I found it disappointing that Joy dismissed Mayor Pete's record in South Bend like it was no big deal.  Sunny was right when she said he was evasive in the last debate.

The show was great and everybody was relaxed and having fun, I wonder why......

I love Sunny, and I do think Kamala was unfairly treated in many ways, but on this topic I really disagree with her. The reasons are too off-topic, but it came off to me like whataboutism. If she didn't like Amy's record, just say that. I don't think the comparison to Kamala was needed.  

• Love 4

Today's show was okay. I'm looking forward to the primary elections being over, them discussing the candidates have become less and less interesting to me.

LOVED Joy today. Loved what she said about cancel culture, that was hilarious to me. And I'm glad she mentioned Parasite and the need for more people to accept subtitles.

Edited by jungki
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

What did Joy mean by the "flora and fauna" quip when talking about Weinstein?

Beside all the sexual abuse charges, Weinstein allegedly peed in a planter somewhere. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I like Gavin Newsom. Am I imagining things, or didn't he used to be married to Don Jr's girlfriend, Kimberly Gargoyle? How?

1 hour ago, jungki said:

I love Sunny, and I do think Kamala was unfairly treated in many ways, but on this topic I really disagree with her. The reasons are too off-topic, but it came off to me like whataboutism. If she didn't like Amy's record, just say that. I don't think the comparison to Kamala was needed.  

5 hours ago, Haleth said:

I am trying hard to keep this post centered on Sunny's discussion of Kamala versus Amy.

Senator Klobuchar has been asked about her prosecutorial record. She was in the last debate and since. However, imo she hasn't been held to account for it to the same extent Senator Harris was. 

The reception to Harris's candidacy was huge and enthusiastic. Then "Kamala is a cop" became a thing on social media. To some extent it was pushed by trolls, and I'll avoid getting into off-topic politics by leaving out which candidate's supporters fueled that.

The problem is, the "Kamala is a cop" sentiment caught on enough to dampen some of the initial enthusiasm for Harris. It also became An Issue on which the media pressed her and pressed her, like the way they pressed Senator Warren for how she'll pay for Medicare-for-All more than they've pressed Senator Sanders. Nobody's pressed Amy on her cop-ness the way they pressed Kamala.

So, as to Sunny's comments, I think she's missing a point or two. I kind of also feel like when she says "held to account" she really means:  "Will it cost Amy supporters the way it cost Kamala?"

The meme was pushed as if it were black voters holding Kamala's prosecutor past against her. I don't think Amy has a ton of support from black people to begin with, so how much will "Amy is a cop" cost her with centrist, middle-aged white Democrats? I don't think much.

That said, it's frustrating when there are two candidates with same issue, and the candidate of color is treated one way, while the white one is treated another way, just as it's frustrating when there are two candidates with the same issue and the woman treated one way and man is treated another. So, I empathize with Sunny's question, but I don't think she should hold her breath until Amy is treated the same is Kamala. It's not fair. It just is what it is.

Signed,

Like Pete Buttigieg, Cory Booker Is a Rhodes Scholar, But Only Pete Gets Praised for It

1 hour ago, merriebreeze said:

What did Joy mean by the "flora and fauna" quip when talking about Weinstein?

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Beside all the sexual abuse charges, Weinstein allegedly peed in a planter somewhere. 

Not peed. Same hose. Different output.

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
31 minutes ago, General Days said:

I like Gavin Newsom. Am I imagining things, or didn't he used to be married to Don Jr's girlfriend, Kimberly Gargoyle? How?

I believe he was.   At least, that's what I always thought was the case.   It doesn't look like she's on an upward spiral.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, General Days said:

I like Gavin Newsom. Am I imagining things, or didn't he used to be married to Don Jr's girlfriend, Kimberly Gargoyle?

He was! and I see what you did there! That's an INSULT to Gargoyles, as Disney's Gargoyles are among the most bootiful creatures!

9 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I believe he was.   At least, that's what I always thought was the case.   It doesn't look like she's on an upward spiral.

Yes, she's Newsom's ex. Lucky escape, Newsom had, jettisoning her ass.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

I found Tyra super annoying, and I haven't really felt that way about her before.  She over explained in a  fairly unclear manner her Model-land project.  She belaboured the notion of GN being VP to the point where he seemed annoyed (but he remained pleasant).

I liked the way GN explained that Calif is basically a state nation (or is it nation state?). The population of Calif is larger than Canada's.

Joy told Sunny they would come back to talk about the fashions at the Oscars and instead they talked politics.  I hate that.  I wish they had talked about the brilliance that was Maya and Kristen, who should be the next hosts of the Oscars.  Their timing was impeccable, especially compared to Martin and Rock, who fumbled a few times.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Yup, for 5 years, no kids. Methinks Ms. Gargoyle mentioned on the show that she was so focused on her career but Gavin wanted a family.  He's been with his current wife for 12 years and 3 kids.  Junior has five kids and is hopefully neutered now.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, General Days said:

I am trying hard to keep this post centered on Sunny's discussion of Kamala versus Amy.

Senator Klobuchar has been asked about her prosecutorial record. She was in the last debate and since. However, imo she hasn't been held to account for it to the same extent Senator Harris was. 

The reception to Harris's candidacy was huge and enthusiastic. Then "Kamala is a cop" became a thing on social media. To some extent it was pushed by trolls, and I'll avoid getting into off-topic politics by leaving out which candidate's supporters fueled that.

The problem is, the "Kamala is a cop" sentiment caught on enough to dampen some of the initial enthusiasm for Harris. It also became An Issue on which the media pressed her and pressed her, like the way they pressed Senator Warren for how she'll pay for Medicare-for-All more than they've pressed Senator Sanders. Nobody's pressed Amy on her cop-ness the way they pressed Kamala.

So, as to Sunny's comments, I think she's missing a point or two. I kind of also feel like when she says "held to account" she really means:  "Will it cost Amy supporters the way it cost Kamala?"

The meme was pushed as if it were black voters holding Kamala's prosecutor past against her. I don't think Amy has a ton of support from black people to begin with, so how much will "Amy is a cop" cost her with centrist, middle-aged white Democrats? I don't think much.

That said, it's frustrating when there are two candidates with same issue, and the candidate of color is treated one way, while the white one is treated another way, just as it's frustrating when there are two candidates with the same issue and the woman treated one way and man is treated another. So, I empathize with Sunny's question, but I don't think she should hold her breath until Amy is treated the same is Kamala. It's not fair. It just is what it is.

Signed,

Like Pete Buttigieg, Cory Booker Is a Rhodes Scholar, But Only Pete Gets Praised for It

Not peed. Same hose. Different output.

The media has such a huge influence on how candidates are presented to voters and that I think is a huge problem. People don't always do their homework and when they see and hear things about candidates it makes an impression whether it's true or not.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

The media has such a huge influence on how candidates are presented to voters and that I think that is a huge problem.

Yes, like the local reporter who asked a question at the debate who clearly didn't know the difference between decriminalizing drug possession and legalizing drugs.   

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

She's 50, so I'm thinking not but who knows. Per google, she does have a 13 year old son with her second husband. 

I meant that she looks like she could emasculate him, lol.   Lord forbid those two pro-create!

Second marriage??  There was husband after Newsome?   I learn something all the time here.  

• Love 5
On 2/8/2020 at 5:37 PM, Pearson80 said:

I can't wait to see Issa Rae and Lakeith Stanfield. Lakeith is just yummy. I want to go see their movie, it is a movie that is featuring Black people without Black pain, how refreshing to see...

He's so cute. I didn't realize until I was watching Someone Great with Gina Rodriguez. LaKeith Stanfield is the lead and he was great at it.

9 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I’m concerned about Greta Moynihan, she sounded stressed, out of breath. Hope all is ok with her. 

She was fighting cancer. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, jungki said:

Today's show was okay. I'm looking forward to the primary elections being over, them discussing the candidates have become less and less interesting to me.

I am from NH and my neighbors and I couldn't agree more.  We can't wait for the post primary analysis from political expert Meghan Mccain, who will tell us why we voted the way we did.  She really has all of a grasp one can get from riding in the back of her father's campaign bus.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

She really has all of a grasp one can get from riding in the back of her father's campaign bus.  

Before she got kicked off that bus.

Meghan has never been taken seriously as any sort of political analyst/pundit.  If not for the accident of birth nobody would ever ask her political opinion.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, bannana said:

I found Tyra super annoying, and I haven't really felt that way about her before.  She over explained in a  fairly unclear manner her Model-land project.  She belaboured the notion of GN being VP to the point where he seemed annoyed (but he remained pleasant).

I liked the way GN explained that Calif is basically a state nation (or is it nation state?). The population of Calif is larger than Canada's.

Joy told Sunny they would come back to talk about the fashions at the Oscars and instead they talked politics.  I hate that.  I wish they had talked about the brilliance that was Maya and Kristen, who should be the next hosts of the Oscars.  Their timing was impeccable, especially compared to Martin and Rock, who fumbled a few times.

Right?  After that word salad, I have no idea what model land is .  

• Love 3