Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/10/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, lusinia said:

You know, Meghan so smugly stated that she knew Trump was going to win in 2016.  I wanted proof, so I looked, but I can't find any evidence that she ever said so publicly.  How convenient.

She would say that even if it wasn't true, just to burnish her political cred.

I have been wondering about this as well and so checked her twitter feed.  All I found is that she tweeted the opposite, that he "knows he is going to lose".  She also only started on Fox's Outnumbered after the election so she couldn't have stated it there.

What a bizarre thing to lie and gloat about!

lying joe biden GIF

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I understand Sunny was a Kamala Harris supporter but there are other candidates that have agendas close to Harris's.   So I'm a little confused to her dissatisfaction with the remaining candidates.

Sunny saw Kamala's reflection when she looked in the mirror. No one else gives her the same satisfaction.

• Love 2

I turned it off when they started with the wedding stuff.  Did The View/ABC at least give the couple a gift?  Maybe a trip?  Speaking of trips, did anyone else hear Joy almost blow it by announcing the name of the winning couple before Sunny showed the number?  It was fixed.

5 hours ago, MsTree said:

Sunny saw Kamala's reflection when she looked in the mirror. No one else gives her the same satisfaction.

Kamala is so much cooler than Sunny.  Fun fact I heard the other day:  There are currently no, zero, zip women of color federal prosecutors.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I turned it off when they started with the wedding stuff.  Did The View/ABC at least give the couple a gift?

I didn't watch but maybe a copy of this and a collection of his & her outfits from the dubgee Hospital Collection for Spring 2020?

images.jpg.5d1bdbf89bcab5c5e501a49ecb0591ee.jpgimages.jpg.989a2f7337e91432c256751bc2a32ae4.jpg

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, bannana said:

I have been wondering about this as well and so checked her twitter feed.  All I found is that she tweeted the opposite, that he "knows he is going to lose".  She also only started on Fox's Outnumbered after the election so she couldn't have stated it there.

What a bizarre thing to lie and gloat about!

lying joe biden GIF

I didn't even think about checking her tweets.  You're made of made of sturdier stuff than I am, though.  I couldn't have done it.

I did learn that Meghan had, during that time period, a 3-hour-long daily radio show (from July 2015 to January 2017).  Can you imagine listening to her for 3 hours at a time?  Here's a quote from a February 2016 article in Inside Radio that explains so much of her current behavior on The View -

“This is a long-form opportunity to talk about exactly what I want, which is amazing.”

Now it's just one long pout-fest because she can no longer talk about exactly what she wants for as long as she wants. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Speaking of trips, did anyone else hear Joy almost blow it by announcing the name of the winning couple before Sunny showed the number?  It was fixed.

I thought so too so I rewatched it. I believe the name joy said was the name of a view announcer (I think the name was Virginia) who Joy was asking to announce the winner. Because after the name was chosen, joy went ahead and said something like “ok Virginia announce the winner”. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

I didn't even think about checking her tweets.  You're made of made of sturdier stuff than I am, though.  I couldn't have done it.

I did learn that Meghan had, during that time period, a 3-hour-long daily radio show (from July 2015 to January 2017).  Can you imagine listening to her for 3 hours at a time?  Here's a quote from a February 2016 article in Inside Radio that explains so much of her current behavior on The View -

Now it's just one long pout-fest because she can no longer talk about exactly what she wants for as long as she wants. 

So I guess Meghan has been a narcissistic since birth.   No mention of wanting to be informative or even entertaining.  She just wanted to talk.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I turned it off when they started with the wedding stuff.  Did The View/ABC at least give the couple a gift?  Maybe a trip?  Speaking of trips, did anyone else hear Joy almost blow it by announcing the name of the winning couple before Sunny showed the number?  

They were given a trip.

That couple has been together 12 yrs, engaged 5 yrs, 3 children....theyre practically married already.  They just wanted the trip. 🙄

Joy kept fumbling her words, especially while officiating. I might have had a Bridezilla moment "You're ruining my cheap tv wedding!"

At the end, Joy brought up politics and the bride said, "no matter who, vote blue." I'm surprised MM didn't shout out "that's the problem with you democrats, dispersing the votes amongst all the candidates. Trump WILL win again!!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 2/14/2020 at 8:53 AM, lusinia said:

OMG!   "You know what Joy.  I've been right about election stuff, and you've been wrong."

I wish I could somehow go back and watch every single statement Meghan has made about "election stuff"and make a list of every time she was wrong.  Just today, for instance, she said Bernie has won the most delegates.  Wrong.  Mayor Pete has two more than Sanders (added - I see above that she was corrected by a producer).  She said Democrats aren't falling in love with any of their candidates.  Wrong  Several candidates have very committed supporters. 

If she was such an expert she would still be a commentator for ABC News.  Her opinion is no better than anyone else's, and, as they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

Nothing against coal miners, but according to Google, in 2018 there were 53,583 coal miners in this country.  That's hardly a large voting block.  Why does Meghan think they're so important?  And was she implying that if Democrats talk about the importance of stopping global warming they're in danger of losing the coal miner vote?

It's really laughable when Meghan gets concerned about someone's lack of manners.

I wish I could “Like” your post 10x over! Well said. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

I thought so too so I rewatched it. I believe the name joy said was the name of a view announcer (I think the name was Virginia) who Joy was asking to announce the winner. Because after the name was chosen, joy went ahead and said something like “ok Virginia announce the winner”. 

Ha!  I went back and listened again. The way Joy said it it sounded like Virginia was their last name. I heard “Elsa and Don Virginia. Tell them what they’ve won.”   What she said was “Elsa and Don. Virginia, tell them what they’ve won.” 😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, bannana said:

So I read all of your comments before I watched it, but it is actually much worse to see it.  MeAgain is a rude, ignorant, childish bitch.  Happy fucking Valentine's Day, MeAgain!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/the-views-megan-mccain-explodes-after-she-gets-called-out-for-her-double-standard-on-bloomberg-trump-racism/

That outfit did her no  favours once again, and it makes my heart warm to know the stylists hate her as much as we do. 😆

I read the comments and was also still so put off by how Meghan spoke to Joy. It was nothing new, but still. Meghan’s always said her family does watch her on the show. I wonder what Cindy McCain thinks when she watches her daughter be so rude. Does she realize what a brat she raised? Does Meghan have friends who can be honest and tell her to share her views more respectfully? She truly has no idea how rude she is and thinks it’s all because she’s the poor, conservative female. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 12
31 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I read the comments and was also still so put off by how Meghan spoke to Joy. It was nothing new, but still. Meghan’s always said her family does watch her on the show. I wonder what Cindy McCain thinks when she watches her daughter be so rude. Does she realize what a brat she raised? Does Meghan have friends who can be honest and tell her to share her views more respectfully? She truly has no idea how rude she is and thinks it’s all because she’s the poor, conservative female. 

Yes,  the whole exchange was disgusting to watch.  Ugh. UGH!  There is something slightly different though in how Joy responds or reacts.  In the beginning I think she was so shocked at that behavior and the outright rudeness and violence directed at her.it was touch and go there for awhile.  I was stressing for her!  I thought for sure she was going to split.  So glad she stuck it out though.  Shes different now in that she gives shit right back to MM.  She'll challenge her on stuff and other times just outright ignore her ,  which is really a pisser hehehe.  I think it makes MM madder that she cant get under Joys skin anymore so she has to ratchet it  up  level.  

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I wish there was a conservative Republican woman out there,  an elder stateswoman.  And that she would have a chat with MM,  and she would say to her that the way she is acting is a blight ( lol)  upon the Rep Party..that they dont need her affitiated with them in any fashion.  Maybe even kick her out HAH!  Im kidding of course,  maybe a little bit of dreaming.  She could retire as an Independent to WY and play with her guns.

Edited by Tammee
Finish what i was saying
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, falltime said:

It was funny when the bride threw the bouquet and it hit the banner above her.

Hehehe yeah that made me chuckle too.  Especially at the ensuing tackle and pile up on the floor.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/14/2020 at 11:05 AM, deirdra said:

Dumbo has been on TV how many years and she is unfamiliar with the 'wrap it up we are going to commercial' hand signal?

Thank you @deirdra!  This has been entirely lost because of her rude attack on Joy, which is being characterized as her " exploding".  BTW, she doesn't retweet those articles.

So MeAgain repeatedly kept making these hand signals and laughing and saying: what does this mean.  I think she said it like six or seven times, and she kept looking her producer Brian and cue card guy.  In the meantime, Joy, Ana and Sunny were still talking about a topic and completely ignored MeAgain.  MeAgain was more unprofessional than usual and demonstrated yet again that she is not qualified to be on TV or any media for that matter.  She looked like she was doing the chicken dance wearing her hausfrau frock.

chicken dance wbb19 GIF by gamecocksonline

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It would be kind to think McCain was a person who "knows not what they do." But, while she at times comes across mentally stunted, I think she knows very well what she does, which is, well... It's really something. She clearly gets off on being cruel to other people, that much is obvious.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It would be kind to think McCain was a person who "knows not what they do." But, while she at times comes across mentally stunted, I think she knows very well what she does, which is, well... It's really something. She clearly gets off on being cruel to other people, that much is obvious.

Oh yeah. There is a nastiness in her. As much as I disliked Elisabeth I didn't think she was deliberately mean. Meghan is a Mean Girl grown up to be a Mean Woman.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Oh yeah. There is a nastiness in her. As much as I disliked Elisabeth I didn't think she was deliberately mean. Meghan is a Mean Girl grown up to be a Mean Woman.

I beg to differ, Hasselblech was the poorest excuse for a Christian I've ever seen.  She pulled every stunt in the book, but not quite a blatantly as Missy.  Just sayin'.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I beg to differ, Hasselblech was the poorest excuse for a Christian I've ever seen.  She pulled every stunt in the book, but not quite a blatantly as Missy.  Just sayin'.

Yes, she pretended to be friends with Rosie because Ro treated her very well, but then when it was expedient, she went in for the kill.  Very effectively too.

I also remember her victim act when she called into CNN and Joy was hosting, and Bitsy went after Fran Drescher I believe.  I think Bitsy is very much like MeAGain, she just plays the "good girl" whereas MeAgain plays the "hard-assed bitch".  Somebody also called Bitsy the dumbest woman on TV and she seemed to still have no problem with him, also like MeAgain.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Yes, she pretended to be friends with Rosie because Ro treated her very well, but then when it was expedient, she went in for the kill.  Very effectively too.

I also remember her victim act when she called into CNN and Joy was hosting, and Bitsy went after Fran Drescher I believe.  I think Bitsy is very much like MeAGain, she just plays the "good girl" whereas MeAgain plays the "hard-assed bitch".  Somebody also called Bitsy the dumbest woman on TV and she seemed to still have no problem with him, also like MeAgain.

He is on their team that is all that matters.. These two women in your post are shameless..

• Love 4
On 2/14/2020 at 11:42 AM, blondiec0332 said:

I understand Sunny was a Kamala Harris supporter but there are other candidates that have agendas close to Harris's.   So I'm a little confused to her dissatisfaction with the remaining candidates.

For the longest time, Sunny kept saying that there were 'no candidates of color' once Kamala dropped out, and Booker a few days later. That was quite a slap in the face to Deval Patrick, who stayed in the race until a few days ago. I'm surprised no one bothered to correct her all that time. 

• Love 1

I've often wondered why Joy doesn't treat Meghan as bad and condescending as she did Elisabeth for all those years. Sure, she responds to McCain quite vociferously but not nearly as bad as she did with Hasslebeck.  She would shit EH down, whereas she lets MM always have the last word.