Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/10/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I found them annoying. I say that as someone who likes Maya. I found Steve Martin and Chris Rock, funnier.

As someone who also likes Maya, I agree. I was so annoyed with her and Kristin Wiig.

19 hours ago, bannana said:

I found Tyra super annoying, and I haven't really felt that way about her before.

Same! I can't explain why either, but she was kind of annoying during the show and I usually like Tyra.

So about Sunny comparing Kamala and Amy's proprietorial records... yeah it's hard to stay on topic with this one, but I will say that all I saw and continue to see on social media, particularly from other black people, is "Kamala is a cop" and "she's not really black." There was a ton of disinformation about her online and it was disturbing to see.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Right?  After that word salad, I have no idea what model land is .  

It sounded like she was saying it is horrible when people who are "beautiful" aren't treated well so she made a place that people can go and be made to feel beautiful.  

Ok that is all fine and good but isn't she still saying looks are important?  Or is it a place that emphasizes it's what is on the inside that counts?

I found this from a Vanity Fair article.

“It’s a permanent attraction anchoring the mall,” Banks added. “I’m inspired by Disneyland, a place I went to a lot as a child. There is a story line I have been working on for a year. Anybody can enter and feel like a model.”

Edited by blondiec0332
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:
52 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Right?  After that word salad, I have no idea what model land is .  

It sounded like she was saying it is horrible when people who are "beautiful" aren't treated well so she made a place that people can go and be made to feel beautiful.  

Ok that is all fine and good but isn't she still saying looks are important?  Or is it a place that emphasizes it's what is on the inside that counts?

I found this from a Vanity Fair article.

“It’s a permanent attraction anchoring the mall,” Banks added. “I’m inspired by Disneyland, a place I went to a lot as a child. There is a story line I have been working on for a year. Anybody can enter and feel like a model.”

I am imagining Model land as a place with fun mirrors that make me look tall and slim. I am going with that and booking my trip today.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I don't like Bari Weiss, but she had me agreeing with her in the beginning only for her to remind me why I don't like her. Ugh.

Joy needs to stop with the Bloomberg pitch now that Biden is falling in the polls. But it's nice that the hate towards Bernie is continuing. Bloomberg had stop and frisk, which is what they said, but he also spied on mosques too so I can't like him as a black Muslim. He's a horrible candidate.

American politics will never make sense to me. Bernie would be a Green or NDP person if he was in Canada, which isn't that far left.

• Love 8

Okay. First and only time I have to agree with MM. Bernie Bros are fanatics who will cut off their noses to spite their own faces. They will screw any other candidate (nominee), themselves and the country over to fall on their Bernie sword. They did it once; they'll do it again. They're just the other side of the Trump fanatics coin. 

Watching, today, to hear Klobuchar.

• Love 18

That was ridiculous of the producers to show that clip of Amy from Saturday night saying "Hi, Bernie people and characterize it as her reaching out to his supporters.

It was a dinner Saturday night, shown on C-Span, where each candidate spoke.  Each candidate's supporters were sitting in their own section of the stadium.  Pete spoke first, and Bernie's supporters booed a lot during his speech.  Klobuchar spoke next, and she said that right before her speech because figured they would be booing her as well, so she might as well acknowledge them.

• Love 6

Meghan seemed so smug when they were discussing Trump, Bernie, etc.  She said, "Democrats vote with their hearts; Republicans vote with their heads".  How in the world does voting for Trump in 2016 fit this?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan seemed so smug when they were discussing Trump, Bernie, etc.  She said, "Democrats vote with their hearts; Republicans vote with their heads".  How in the world does voting for Trump in 2016 fit this?  

Is she fucking kidding?  First of all that is such an insulting thing to say and second that isn't even remotely true.

• Love 18
Just now, merriebreeze said:

Sunny's questioning of Sen Klobuchar was uncomfortably antagonistic.

Yeah but that’s how you do a gotcha. I like Amy but she didn’t have a good answer. I’m not sure any answer would have satisfied Sunny. 

• Love 4

It sounds like Sunny is talking about evidence that came to pass after Amy left her prosecutorial post and I thought Amy looked upset on what happened with that case.   However, I wonder if Sunny has gone back to look at any of her old cases now that she is on tv.  If Amy continues forward quite frankly it should come to no surprise that her team will look into Sunny's record and I am sure they will find something and bring it up to "the View" --its a tough job and I doubt that there is anyone who is perfect as a prosecutorial or defense attorney.   To be fair, I said the same about Kamala's record to friends when it was brought up.

Edited by burghgal
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

Now that Kamela Harris is out of the race, do we know who Sunny supports?  I like Klobuchar.  I wish she had more of a chance.  

She said she's not excited about any of the candidates during the first segment.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, burghgal said:

Sunny is talking about evidence that came to pass AFTER she left her prosecutorial post.  I wonder if Sunny has gone back to look at any of her old cases now that she is on tv.  If Amy continues forward quite frankly it should come to no surprise that her team will look into Sunny's record and I am sure they will find something and bring it up to the view --its a tough job and I doubt that there is no one who is perfect as a prosecutorial or defense attorney.  Amy was not the judge or jury on the case its a court of law.

Her attack on Klobuchar were for the similar things people had an issue with Kamala about. So I think she wanted Klobuchar to go through some of the same scrutiny that Kamala did.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Whoa, Sunny takedown.  Then Klobuchar acted like she had nothing to do with this case, or with declining to prosecute the two dozen cases of police brutality. 

I have to admit that I dont know enough specifics. 

Edited by AdeleDazeem
Typo
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Her attack on Klobuchar were for the similar things people had an issue with Kamala about. So I think she wanted Klobuchar to go through some of the same scrutiny that Kamala did.

I agree - I just edited my post because to me I don't know the specifics of the case but I think its an issue when you don't know the details/evidence, to go after the prosecutor in the case.  They also did with Harris and it seems like a risk with being a "prosecutor" in politics if they aren't perfect, and its a hard job to get right 100% of the time.

Edited by burghgal
  • Love 6

Ugh. Really, Joy? You think it's okay to grill someone about their sexual orientation? And make the tired joke that same-sex relationships double your wardrobe?

. . .Anyway, I'm glad Sunny held Amy Klobuchar's feet to the fire. It's part of candidate vetting, and if the senator is going to take pride in her prosecutor past, she also has to take responsibility for its faults.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Yes, I think she wants the other candidates to be treated the same way Kamala was. I'm with her on that.

• Love 11

Didn't Meghan say she doesn't dream (I just remembered -- she said she doesn't have nightmares) because she's a "big bitch", or something like that?  As if they were a sign of weakness?  She seemed proud of herself. 

I feel sorry for people who aren't aware of their dreams ( I wonder if there are people who don't dream); I love having dreams.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 13

Hmm well I thought Sunny was a real bitch about it, especially if she's just trying to avenge Kamala.

Kamala talked constantly about her prosecutorial background, to the point that I found it annoying. I don't recall Amy doing that. And I doubt any prosecutor has a 100% clean record, including Sunny.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Didn't Meghan say she doesn't dream because she's a "big bitch", or something like that?  As if dreaming was a sign of weakness?  She seemed proud of herself. 

I feel sorry for people who aren't aware of their dreams ( I wonder if there are people who don't dream); I love having dreams.

Poor Meg. This explains a lot. I have lived an entire alternate life in my dreams. I dream every night and can even wake up and purposefully slip back into a dream I am enjoying. Maybe this explains her lack of empathy. I have had dreams that made me understand things I had not understood before because I felt like I had actually experienced them myself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Hmm well I thought Sunny was a real bitch about it, especially if she's just trying to avenge Kamala.

Kamala talked constantly about her prosecutorial background, to the point that I found it annoying. I don't recall Amy doing that. And I doubt any prosecutor has a 100% clean record, including Sunny.

It's getting to the point that I really dislike Sunny in the segments with the candidates, and, I'm usually a fan.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

This. Sunny is just pissed Harris is no longer in the race and will give everyone else a hard time. 

1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

She said she's not excited about any of the candidates during the first segment.

No Harris that's why.

• Love 8

I imagine that Sunny felt that Kamala was a victim of sexism and racism during her campaign, which are two things I'm pretty sure she's experienced too. I haven't watched the show yet, but if Sunny was overly antagonistic toward Amy Klobuchar, that's probably because it's hard to think rationally when you feel like someone you like has been wronged in a way that you're very familiar with.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, rcc said:

This. Sunny is just pissed Harris is no longer in the race and will give everyone else a hard time. 

1 hour ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

No Harris that's why.

Yep. Sunny looked in the mirror and saw Kamala Harris

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Is she fucking kidding?  First of all that is such an insulting thing to say and second that isn't even remotely true.

I get annoyed by her constantly putting Democrats down and then taking criticism of her party as personal attacks.

• Love 13
50 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

t's getting to the point that I really dislike Sunny in the segments with the candidates, and, I'm usually a fan.

Am I alone in thinking that that interrogation felt just a little like harassment? And here I was thinking that if anyone was going to be hostile to her, it would have been Mags, who is right back to full-on bitch mode, rudely interrupting and not listening.

Can't people please just keep your sexual preference to yourself? It's personal...it's nobody's concern and frankly, I wonder if you don't do it just for what...shock value? Guess what? NOBODY GIVES A SHIT! 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Am I alone in thinking that that interrogation felt just a little like harassment? And here I was thinking that if anyone was going to be hostile to her, it would have been Mags, who is right back to full-on bitch mode, rudely interrupting and not listening.

Can't people please just keep your sexual preference to yourself? It's personal...it's nobody's concern and frankly, I wonder if you don't do it just for what...shock value? Guess what? NOBODY GIVES A SHIT! 

I agree. Sunny went too far as Meghan has done to others. Sunny is not the nice cute lady she wants us to see. 

• Love 5

I’m a Sunny fan. I haven’t watched this morning’s episode yet, but when I read how you guys described Sunny, I thought no, one Meghan is enough! Then I read that she was acting like Meg. Sunny is also a bit like Meghan with being a pearl clutcher but then being a huge fan and friend of the super provocative J.Lo, kinda like Meg with Erika Jayne. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lusinia said:

People often remember their dreams if awakened mid REM sleep.  MM probably sleeps in a booze or carb-induced near coma.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

I feel like Sunny wanted a Linsey Davis moment and instead of it coming off as someone trying to get a straight answer from a candidate, Sunny was just attacking Klobuchar based on something that hurt Kamala Harris during her run.

I do get why Sunny did what she did. If you're a prosecutor you probably had some skeletons in your closet and Kamala was attacked for this very reason, along with others. Eventually Harris dropped out when I think she was doing better than Klobuchar in the polls. Sunny took her anger over losing a woman of colour, like Sunny, a biracial woman, like Sunny, a prosecutor, like Sunny and lashed out in a Meghan McCain type of way.

Klobuchar should be challenged about her record, but not in the way Sunny did it.

• Love 2

Political expert, Meghan Mccain wanting to know the NH primary results from Fort Dix was a riot.  There is no Fort Dix NH, however, there is a Dixville Notch in NH.  The entire population of this unincorporated community consist of 12 people.  They gather together on election eve and cast their votes at midnight.  The results are in by 12:15am on election day.  So if Meghan was that into getting the results, she could have stayed up and watched them live or googled them this morning.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m a Sunny fan. I haven’t watched this morning’s episode yet, but when I read how you guys described Sunny, I thought no, one Meghan is enough!

Here's the clip of Sunny questioning Klobuchar.  I wouldn't say she comes even close to behaving like Meghan -

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Am I alone in thinking that that interrogation felt just a little like harassment?

I looked up the case Sunny was talking about.  The defendant was tried a second time after his first conviction was thrown out on a technicality. He was found guilty a second time and his lawyer filed appeals.  A news report said someone else confessed to the crime (it wasn't made clear when the confession happened) so I don't understand why that person didn't confess before now or if it was before why wasn't that used in the appeals.  A lot of this  happened after Klobacher had already become a Senator.

27 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m a Sunny fan. I haven’t watched this morning’s episode yet, but when I read how you guys described Sunny, I thought no, one Meghan is enough! Then I read that she was acting like Meg. Sunny is also a bit like Meghan with being a pearl clutcher but then being a huge fan and friend of the super provocative J.Lo, kinda like Meg with Erika Jayne. 

Sunny and Meghan are more alike than either one would be willing to admit. They are both insanely jealous of their husbands.

19 minutes ago, deirdra said:

MM probably sleeps in a booze or carb-induced near coma.

I thought the same thing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Political expert, Meghan Mccain wanting to know the NH primary results from Fort Dix was a riot. 

I caught that and thought isn't Fort Dix in NJ.

9 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

There is no Fort Dix NH, however, there is a Dixville Notch in NH.  The entire population of this unincorporated community consist of 12 people.  They gather together on election eve and cast their votes at midnight. 

I know this because of The West Wing.  Still miss that show.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Political expert, Meghan Mccain wanting to know the NH primary results from Fort Dix was a riot.  There is no Fort Dix NH, however, there is a Dixville Notch in NH.  The entire population of this unincorporated community consist of 12 people.  They gather together on election eve and cast their votes at midnight.  The results are in by 12:15am on election day.  So if Meghan was that into getting the results, she could have stayed up and watched them live or googled them this morning.

Wasn't that in a West Wing episode?  I remember the president being in a barn. 

@blondiec0332 beat me to it.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Here's the clip of Sunny questioning Klobuchar.  I wouldn't say she comes even close to behaving like Meghan -

There is no similarity whatsoever of Sunny to Meghan in this clip. Sunny wasn't disrespectful at all. And Klobuchar didn't answer Sunny's first question about the disproportionately of prosecuting police brutality crimes while Klobuchar was prosecutor. Instead, she pivoted and talked about how she cracked down on white collar crime.

That said. I do agree, that Sunny unnecessarily kept questioning Klobuchar about the one case, as if expecting her to be able to "fix" it. I'm no lawyer, but I've seen my share of documentaries and Law & Order, and the prosecutor doesn't always see all the pieces and puzzles of the investigation before they go to trial. The ones who are have integrity and believe in justice, and right and wrong, will do what they can to seek redress, if they can, within the confines of the law. The ones with political ambitions or who refuse to believe they didn't make any mistakes, will just double down. I'm not saying Klobuchar is the latter. 

But I'm also not going to tar Sunny with the same brush as Her Twatness. This was nothing, no comparison, to the utter disrespect, unprofessionalism, nastiness, entitlement, that Her Twatness doles out on a daily basis. I saw no personal agenda coming from Sunny here. This was a respectful interview.

I guess Sunny is now also a rorschach test.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

People often remember their dreams if awakened mid REM sleep.  MM probably sleeps in a booze or carb-induced near coma.

OT I used to dream a lot and enjoyed them all ,from boring picking out linoleum to trying to remember my school locker combination to return those books at end of the year.  ( including Joy’s  sexy time dreams). I’ve been on a sleeping medication that causes me to skip REM and will the rest of my life.  I think you are right about the possibility of being in a booze induced sleep. I don’t believe she didn’t have nightmares as a child. She’s so special. 

I feel like a Joy was defending herself about never having dreamt about sex with a woman ( neither have I) but understand her point about what could be better than having a relationship with women. The double wardrobe was a weak joke. 
The dream interpretation book I had a hundred years ago said teeth falling out was sexual. 
I noticed Megahorn did not interrupt her friend at all.  

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I looked up the case Sunny was talking about.  The defendant was tried a second time after his first conviction was thrown out on a technicality. He was found guilty a second time and his lawyer filed appeals.  A news report said someone else confessed to the crime (it wasn't made clear when the confession happened) so I don't understand why that person didn't confess before now or if it was before why wasn't that used in the appeals.  A lot of this  happened after Klobacher had already become a Senator.

Sunny and Meghan are more alike than either one would be willing to admit. They are both insanely jealous of their husbands.

I thought the same thing.

Thanks for looking up that case, 

51 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Please tell me you’re not in any way comparing the talents of J.Lo ( or Shakira too) with Erika Jayne. I hope not.   “Super provocative?” 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Maybe Sunny is but I definitely don't think Meghan is jealous of anyone. Not one person.

She thinks too highly of herself!

• LOL 6