Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/10/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

Sunny needs to say "Can I finish?", "Let me finish my point!" or "I'm talking!" and shut down MeAgain when she interrupts. Sunny can add a "please" if she likes.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I admit I tuned out a bit after the first segment with Biden. I don't dislike him, he seems like a nice person, but I was just bored.

I agree. I didn't expect him to be on so long. I think he is just exhausted.

Jill Biden is lovely. 

• Love 8

I actually agreed with Meghan regarding Bloomberg and when Joy said "I'm not shilling for Bloomberg" I said " Yes you are" at the same time as Meghan.....something must be wrong with me. The shouting match after was dumb though.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • LOL 3
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Here goes Meghan speaking for the Midwest again.  “I’m right and you’re wrong.” 🙄.

Oh wow, AOC next week?  That should be fun.

Nutmeg will come down with a sudden ailment that day. 

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12

I’m glad somebody in their ears corrected McCain lying about Bernie Sanders having the most delegates. As for her psychotic mental breakdown towards Joy, SSDD. Considering she shills for Trump every day, she has no room to criticize anyone for offering the counter to her divisive rhetoric.

I’m not a Bloomberg fan really, but Joy is right that every one of these candidates—including Joe Biden—has issues in their past in regards to race, so why are you going to hold one of them to a higher standard than the rest?

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’m not a Bloomberg fan really, but Joy is right that every one of these candidates—including Joe Biden—has issues in their past in regards to race, so why are you going to hold one of them to a higher standard than the rest?

True. So what is Sunny’s point?  She’s not in love with any candidate so she’s not going to vote?  

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

True. So what is Sunny’s point?  She’s not in love with any candidate so she’s not going to vote?  

I understand Sunny was a Kamala Harris supporter but there are other candidates that have agendas close to Harris's.   So I'm a little confused to her dissatisfaction with the remaining candidates.

• Love 9

Stop and Frisk was incredibly damaging to the psyche of black people in NY, so I get Sunny's apprehension towards Bloomberg. Joy dismissing it was worrying to me, because beating Trump is important but I don't want a racist to take on a racist.

Every candidate has issues with race, some more than others. But I think Sunny wants and expects more from the candidates there instead of just pushing their scandals to the side because "Trump."

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Nothing against coal miners, but according to Google, in 2018 there were 53,583 coal miners in this country.  That's hardly a large voting block.  Why does Meghan think they're so important?  And was she implying that if Democrats talk about the importance of stopping global warming they're in danger of losing the coal miner vote?

I live in a coal state.  For some people coal miners represent a way of life.  They are presented as salt of the earth, strong values (and you know the rest) people. I don't want to go off topic but coal miners have been used as a political football for quite some time.  In my state there are fewer coal miners than there are people that work at one of our major  hospitals.  I don't see any political ads featuring health care workers.

• Useful 7
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Stop and Frisk was incredibly damaging to the psyche of black people in NY, so I get Sunny's apprehension towards Bloomberg. Joy dismissing it was worrying to me, because beating Trump is important but I don't want a racist to take on a racist.

Every candidate has issues with race, some more than others. But I think Sunny wants a d expects more from the candidates there instead of just pushing their scandals to the side because "Trump."

It was a police state for Black men under Bloomberg.  I did not like Joy dismissing Bloomberg's horrid past.  I find it unsettling that she and others are telling Black people to get over it..

I have no words for Messy's meltdown today..

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

It was a police state for Black men under Bloomberg.  I did not like Joy dismissing Bloomberg's horrid past.  I find it unsettling that she and others are telling Black people to get over it..

Joy thinks Biden is going to drop out so she now sees Bloomberg as being the best bet to beat Trump. I disagree with her but I think that is what she thinks.  And it's easy for her to be dismissive of Bloomberg's policies because they didn't affect her.  As much as I like Joy and believe that she empathizes with people not like her she still lives a life of privilege.  

• Love 16

I've noticed Whoopi is a a lot shorter on patience these days.

Wonder if she's regretting being responsible for the shit storm that is Mags. If not...she bloody well should be!

I'm glad that bannana pointed out this nonsense lately with Mags muttering away to herself, just loud enough so you can't hear the others. Nice move, blondie. Where'd you pick that one up? Kindergarten?!! Hmmmm....a brilliant strategist, besides being an Ace Political Pundit, Hard Hitting Journalist, straight shootin', hard drinkin' gal, defender of the GOP. Apparently our Mags is a girl of many talents!

• LOL 5
  • Love 15

Ugh MeAgain was unbearable today, pretty much "I am so smart, listen to me" -- I have often found that when people say they are "right" or "smart" -- well, it is like our very, stable jenius.   At least Joy, was cracking jokes over her.

• Love 19

So i just watched Meghan's rant and she is wrong in saying Democrats are ignoring coal miners (and when she says coal miners I think she means white blue collar workers who didn't go to college).  Most of the Democratic candidates have policies that will help them.  And while coal miners might feel like their jobs will be threatened by dealing with climate change I'm sorry to say their jobs are already threatened and with or without a green deal that will continue.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 19

Like.... is Meghun trying to prove how much more childish she can get, making fun of Joy's hand movements, come on. Lol @ MeAgain thinking she is always right about politics. I'm right and you're wrong nanananana. Grow up please.

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, burghgal said:

Ugh MeAgain was unbearable today, pretty much "I am so smart, listen to me" -- I have often found that when people say they are "right" or "smart" -- well, it is like our very, stable jenius.   At least Joy, was cracking jokes over her.

tenor.gif?itemid=13856973

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Joy should have said "I'm the moderator, not you.  STFU!", but she's polite.

Dumbo has been on TV how many years and she is unfamiliar with the 'wrap it up we are going to commercial' hand signal?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I understand Sunny was a Kamala Harris supporter but there are other candidates that have agendas close to Harris's.   So I'm a little confused to her dissatisfaction with the remaining candidates.

I’m hoping Kamala will be a vice presidential pick since the candidate is likely to be another white male.  Maybe Sunny can focus on that?

• Love 12

3 hours ago, lusinia said:

OMG!   "You know what Joy.  I've been right about election stuff, and you've been wrong."

I wish I could somehow go back and watch every single statement Meghan has made about "election stuff"and make a list of every time she was wrong.  Just today, for instance, she said Bernie has won the most delegates.  Wrong.  Mayor Pete has two more than Sanders (added - I see above that she was corrected by a producer).  She said Democrats aren't falling in love with any of their candidates.  Wrong  Several candidates have very committed supporters. 

If she was such an expert she would still be a commentator for ABC News.  Her opinion is no better than anyone else's, and, as they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

Just off the top of my head:

- Wrong about Alabama.

- Wrong about the House in 2018.

- Wrong about Arizona. Her swallowing that lemon was funny as hell.

And I'm sure she thought she'd be First Daughter back in the day, too. I guess the better question would be, what exactly has she been right about?

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 6
  • Love 14
30 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Joy should have said "I'm the moderator, not you.  STFU!", but she's polite.

Dumbo has been on TV how many years and she is unfamiliar with the 'wrap it up we are going to commercial' hand signal?

I haven’t watched today’s episode yet, but Joy doesn’t get enough credit for her politeness imo. All of the women have endless patience with Meg.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
48 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Just off the top of my head:

- Wrong about Alabama.

- Wrong about the House in 2018.

- Wrong about Arizona. Her swallowing that lemon was funny as hell.

And I'm sure she thought she'd be First Daughter back in the day, too. I guess the better question would be, what exactly has she been right about?

She was also wrong about every Republican voting to acquit. It is why she was in such a bad mood and was nasty to the panel for praising the maverick who went against his party.. Whoopie held back her temper  that day and she had a tantrum on a commercial break and Whoopie had to cajole her back on set. It is ridiculous how everybody has to cater to this big baby.. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
41 minutes ago, Stiggs said:

I’m a coal miner’s daughter from one of the states that moron Meghan seems to think she knows so well. There is A LOT to say about miners and folks in Appalachia being used as a political football since forever - and both parties have failed coal regions. There’s much well-earned resentment toward government, and the de-valuing of unions led to the “Trump digs coal” lie. The truth is, people who work in the mines or whose livelihood depends on working mines, only want to hear “we’re going to save coal.” They don’t actually believe it, but they’d rather vote for a lie (so they can blame someone else) than listen to rational, practical ways forward without coal. It’s frustrating. I grew up with my dad telling me it’s the last generation of coal, this will be a ghost town, you have to go to WVU then GTFO.
Coal country politics are complicated for a billion reasons, and stupid Meghan doesn’t have the cognitive abilities to understand even half of them. I reallllllly hope she doesn’t call in sick when AOC is on. Meghan is no match for people who actually know what they are talking about. God, she’s an idiot...

I wish they had  someone on the panel like you who could explain the complexities that exist in coal country and to counter Megan's uninformed opinions about that region and other red states.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I wish they had  someone on the panel like you who could explain the complexities that exist in coal country and to counter Megan's uninformed opinions about that region and other red states.  

Sadly, none of them would stay quiet long enough to even begin to scratch the surface. But I bet we’d get to hear about when My Father visited Wheeling or some shit, lol. 

Edited by Stiggs
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, deirdra said:

Sunny needs to say "Can I finish?", "Let me finish my point!" or "I'm talking!" and shut down MeAgain when she interrupts. Sunny can add a "please" if she likes.

Sunny needs to say, "It's your JOB to listen to me!" 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

So I read all of your comments before I watched it, but it is actually much worse to see it.  MeAgain is a rude, ignorant, childish bitch.  Happy fucking Valentine's Day, MeAgain!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/the-views-megan-mccain-explodes-after-she-gets-called-out-for-her-double-standard-on-bloomberg-trump-racism/

That outfit did her no  favours once again, and it makes my heart warm to know the stylists hate her as much as we do. 😆

• Love 9

From the Raw Story article linked above -

Behar reminded her that most people doubted Trump would win, but McCain kept gloating.

“Does that make you feel good at night?” McCain said, and Behar said Trump’s win made her feel bad. “It’s a ridiculous thing to say every single day on this show. He is president, move on.”

Other things we could count - the number of "ridiculous" things Meghan says nearly "every single day", and the number of topics she doesn't "move on" from.

• Love 13

So MeAgain said she woke up this morning and did not wish her husband Happy Valentine's Day because she wanted to discuss Bloomberg instead. 🙄

But then she posted a HVD greeting to him while say neither of them like Valentine's Day.  She seems to just be play-acting her way through her own personal life, which is a really weird way to live. Especially by choice.

https://people.com/politics/meghan-mccain-wishes-husband-happy-valentines-day-even-though-they-dont-like-the-holiday/

3 minutes ago, lusinia said:

From the Raw Story article linked above -

Other things we could count - the number of "ridiculous" things Meghan says nearly "every single day", and the number of topics she doesn't "move on" from.

Joy did clap back at her with:  we all repeat ourselves on this show.  🤣   Which is actually one of my biggest issues with the panel. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Stiggs said:

Sadly, none of them would stay quiet long enough to even begin to scratch the surface. But I bet we’d get to hear about when My Father visited Wheeling or some shit, lol. 

You are freaking me out. I am actually at work in Wheeling.  LOL

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

You know, Meghan so smugly stated that she knew Trump was going to win in 2016.  I wanted proof, so I looked, but I can't find any evidence that she ever said so publicly.  How convenient.

She would say that even if it wasn't true, just to burnish her political cred.

• Love 7
On 2/13/2020 at 1:50 PM, tinkerbell said:

in my recurring dream, I'm always faced with the information that it's nearing the end of the semester and there's that one class that I have been skipping going to, putting off reading and studying for, and am freaking out that I'm not going to pass.   (I finished grad school 30+ years ago, so WTF? ) 

OMG, this is my recurring dream.  Only, in my dream, I'm not freaking out because I'm not going to pass--I'm freaking out because I want to drop the class and I can't find out whether the deadline to drop classes has passed or not.  I go all over campus and no one knows what the deadline is, and I know I'll get an F in the class unless I drop it before the deadline. 

My other recurring dream is being late for the first day of school.

I've barely watched this week's episodes and even some of last week's.  My DVR is going to get a work-out this weekend.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Yeah, that marriage was weird and my mom goes, was that legal, lol?

Meghan is so much worse now when Whoopi is not there. She interrupted so many times throughout I must have shouted STFU 10 times before she even got going with Joy. She’s so rude and feels entitled to say EVERY damn word on this show, I guess. I wish someone shut her up about all the times she was wrong but she’s so loud and in attack mode the other people just try to get a word in while probably stifling saying shut up already, you insufferable dolt!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

I know it was rushed and live, but that was embarrassingly bad. I felt bad for the couple.

What would you rather?  ( tm who'd you rather):

1.  Off the fly wedding ceremony

2.  Friday VYD

• LOL 4