Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 2/10/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, sandymck said:

Please tell me you’re not in any way comparing the talents of J.Lo ( or Shakira too) with Erika Jayne. I hope not.   “Super provocative?” 

I wasn’t referring to their talent, just the fact both Meg and Sunny are oftentimes clutching their pearls, yet they stan for two women who love showing off their boobs and butts and being provocative in general. However, as pretty and talented at dancing as J.Lo and Shakira are, their voices aren’t the greatest if I’m being honest. 

• Love 3

If Amy thinks Sunny was tough on her, she ain’t seen nothing yet, as long as she stays in the race. Amy will have to be able to speak to her record.  Sunny’s questions were probably good practice for when things get even tougher down the road.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Yep. Sunny looked in the mirror and saw Kamala Harris

Maybe  Sunny should be still helping people in trouble rather than being on a TV talk show shilling   View Your Deal. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Yeah but that’s how you do a gotcha. I like Amy but she didn’t have a good answer. I’m not sure any answer would have satisfied Sunny. 

Sunny is raising a Black son and she knows how the justice system treats Black people, especially Black males. So, I am not going to fault her for being hard on Amy.  As a candidate for public office, your record will be scrutinized in order for the people to make an informed decision when they decide to vote for a candidate..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 21
20 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Sunny is raising a Black son and she knows how the justice system treats Black people, especially Black males. So, I am not going to fault her for being hard on Amy.  As a candidate for public office, your record will be scrutinized in order for the people to make an informed decision when they decide to vote for a candidate..

Plus Sunny made it clear yesterday that she was going to ask these questions. Amy's people should have made her aware.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Leave it to MeAgain to completely bungle the lead in to the Black History month segment.  The time in which she said there was not enough time, is the time  she could have used to do it properly and not mispronounce Chez!  She was horribly annoying again today.  From her constantly talking over and interrupting everyone, to telling Joy she knows nothing about politics to her bizarre promo of Amy K wrapped in a non question.  The only good thing was that wardrobe was again punishing her with awful dress.

I thought Sunny came on very hard, and I though Amy was very measured.  I don't know anything about the back story, so it felt awkward but I think candidates should expect these kinds of questions.  I guess there is video and audio out of Bloomberg that he is going to have to answer for too.

I frankly am very tired of these hosts and their political segments because there is really nothing new.  You know what they are going to ask or say before they say it.

Kamala Harris Im Done GIF by GIPHY News

• Love 8
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I get annoyed by her constantly putting Democrats down and then taking criticism of her party as personal attacks.

Perfect analysis of Megaphone's reaction to party critcism. 

She just doesn't fucking get it.  

And never will

Cuz she will never make the effort to be open to learning or seeing a situation from another side or gray. It's always black v. white  and I'm not talking race.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, bannana said:

The time in which she said there was not enough time, is the time  she could have used to do it properly and not mispronounce Chez!

This is so true; I think this every time Meghan goes into her "there's not enough time" spiel. If she used the time where she is complaining about there not being enough time to say her piece, she'd have plenty of it!

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

yet they stan for two women who love showing off their boobs and butts and being provocative in general.

I can understand where Sunny (and Ana) are coming from though, and it's not quite the same thing. The dominant culture in the US (say, anglo-American culture) tends to have quite a strong puritanical streak in it still. I mean, the puritans were against any dancing at all, and some of that still leaks through in people's attitudes about what they consider "appropriate" dance moves. But to those from many other cultures there's nothing inherently sexual or provocative in those dances and movements; they are used to express joy. Much of the dancing from Latin America and Africa is trunk based. So I totally get why Sunny and Ana didn't have a problem with the Superbowl performance and as ridiculous as I find Sunny's pearl-clutching on many occasions, I don't see this as hypocritical at all.

Edited by SuzieSioux
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I imagine that Sunny felt that Kamala was a victim of sexism and racism during her campaign, which are two things I'm pretty sure she's experienced too. I haven't watched the show yet, but if Sunny was overly antagonistic toward Amy Klobuchar, that's probably because it's hard to think rationally when you feel like someone you like has been wronged in a way that you're very familiar with.

Yes, I'll freely admit that's a hard thing for me as well, which is why I empathize with Sunny. She was a bit rough with Klobuchar today though, but Klobuchar has also been pretty rough on others herself. *shrug*

6 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I feel like Sunny wanted a Linsey Davis moment and instead of it coming off as someone trying to get a straight answer from a candidate, Sunny was just attacking Klobuchar based on something that hurt Kamala Harris during her run..

Well, Linsey Davis came across as if she was "attacking" someone, too, imo. I thought it was very similar actually, although I think Sunny's decision to do that was more about unfairness to Kamala than Buttigieg.

Anyway, the thing that pissed me off this morning was how much McCain cut Joy off and was dismissive of her. She learned nothing from her dust-ups with Whoopi. "With all due respect, Bernie supporters don't care what Joy Behar thinks." With all undue respect, R voters don't care what Meghan McCain thinks either, lady, because of whose last name you share. That's how you ended up on The View, because Fox News viewers hated you, too.

In regards to the dream discussion, correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone has dreams. It's really just a matter of if you remember them when you wake up or not. The dreams that I've had that I remember when I wake up are few and very far between. I could remember more of them when I was a child. And most of mine are horror oddly enough. I once had a dream that featured dialogue from Face Off (because my parents had been watching the film in a room not far from mine) crossed with Disney's Peter Pan. And for some reason there was a feral Snuggle bear in there. And one of the most recent ones I had was for some reason an episode of Roseanne where there was some killer mist coming out of the basement (sort of like The Grudge). Totally WTF.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

One thing Meghan said today that I forgot to mention.  I don't remember exactly what Joy was saying, something about someone winning or not winning, and Meghan dismissively said something like 'You didn't think Trump would win, Joy', implying that Joy's opinion was therefore worthless.  I wish someone had pointed out that not only did most people not think Trump would win, Trump himself didn't expect to win.  

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, lusinia said:

One thing Meghan said today that I forgot to mention.  I don't remember exactly what Joy was saying, something about someone winning or not winning, and Meghan dismissively said something like 'You didn't think Trump would win, Joy', implying that Joy's opinion was therefore worthless.  I wish someone had pointed out that not only did most people not think Trump would win, Trump himself didn't expect to win.  

Daddy McCain didn't win either. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

I can understand where Sunny (and Ana) are coming from though, and it's not quite the same thing. The dominant culture in the US (say, anglo-American culture) tends to have quite a strong puritanical streak in it still. I mean, the puritans were against any dancing at all, and some of that still leaks through in people's attitudes about what they consider "appropriate" dance moves. But to those from many other cultures there's nothing inherently sexual or provocative in those dances and movements; they are used to express joy. Much of the dancing from Latin America and Africa is trunk based. So I totally get why Sunny and Ana didn't have a problem with the Superbowl performance and as ridiculous as I find Sunny's pearl-clutching on many occasions, I don't see this as hypocritical at all.

For me personally, there's a time and place for everything. I get culture can play a part in dance. I actually dance as a hobby. I'm a huge Janet Jackson fan, and I know to expect some raunch seeing her in concert. However, I like keeping boobs, butts, crotch grabbing, and pole dancing out of the Super Bowl. J.Lo's whole schtick is selling sex and has been for many years. I wonder if Sunny just doesn't want to say something critical of a person she considers a friend. I like Sunny and don't consider that a crime by any means, but I do notice it the same way I notice Meghan clutching pearls over little jokes Joy makes but fan girling over Erika Jayne...

ETA: Surprisingly, Meghan actually had a good attitude today about Joy and her sex dreams! Lol She was all giggles. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
On 2/10/2020 at 3:22 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I found them annoying. I say that as someone who likes Maya. I found Steve Martin and Chris Rock, funnier.

ditto.  It just didnt work.  We spent the whole time wondering if Kristin's side boob was going to break free lol. Waited for some pixelation or being rushed off stage or something.  Also,  both dresses were just noooo oh noooo.  Did they get the last ones in all of LA? No kind of any fitting. They both were so shapeless.  Almost like they had airtime to fill,  throw in the comedy team and they can eat up a few minutes,  uhoh what will i wear

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Leave it to MeAgain to completely bungle the lead in to the Black History month segment.  The time in which she said there was not enough time, is the time  she could have used to do it properly and not mispronounce Chez!  She was horribly annoying again today.  From her constantly talking over and interrupting everyone, to telling Joy she knows nothing about politics to her bizarre promo of Amy K wrapped in a non question.  The only good thing was that wardrobe was again punishing her with awful dress.

I thought Sunny came on very hard, and I though Amy was very measured.  I don't know anything about the back story, so it felt awkward but I think candidates should expect these kinds of questions.  I guess there is video and audio out of Bloomberg that he is going to have to answer for too.

I frankly am very tired of these hosts and their political segments because there is really nothing new.  You know what they are going to ask or say before they say it.

She doesnt know french lol. , , (P.s. to add,  I dont either except for the words we all know. ) 

Edited by Tammee
To add
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I guess Sunny is now also a rorschach test.

I noticed lately some people have been looking for any reason to throw Sunny under the bus.  It's interesting because she hasn't done anything remotely worthy of comparison to Megan.

• Love 14

Not feeling the Sunny hate. I thought her questions were tough on Klobuchar, but fair. We're talking about a 16-year-old who was sentenced to life in prison after a potentially botched prosecution. If that doesn't deserve a bit of a grilling with tough follow up questions, then what does?

And Klobuchar shouldn't have felt like she was in a gotcha moment nor caught of guard considering Sunny mentioned on Monday's show that she was going to hold Klobuchar's feet to the fire. To me, Klobuchar seemed prepared for the question.

Edited by leftlane
added 2nd paragraph to the comment
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, rcc said:

Maybe  Sunny should be still helping people in trouble rather than being on a TV talk show shilling   View Your Deal. 

Why not both? Talking about the case on national television surely helps the person incarcerated and those working to get him freed.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone has dreams. It's really just a matter of if you remember them when you wake up or not. The dreams that I've had that I remember when I wake up are few and very far between. I could remember more of them when I was a child. And most of mine are horror oddly enough.

I think this is correct, some people just don't remember their dreams.  I will often recount my dreams to my husband and he is stunned at the level of detail I recall.  But most of my dreams are not good.  I had a friend who would often say:  I had the most beautiful dream last night.  That has maybe happened to me about a dozen times in my life.  Many of my dreams are like movies, horror, murder mystery, etc.  And then the recurring dreams like they were talking about today (always failing at work, always being late for a big event and things conspiring against me to prevent me from getting there!).

I actually liked this topic today because for once it was different than the usual sex topic, jealousy topic (which they also covered today), and the repetitive political hot topics, where nothing new is ever said.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Tammee said:

ditto.  It just didnt work.  We spent the whole time wondering if Kristin's side boob was going to break free lol. Waited for some pixelation or being rushed off stage or something.  Also,  both dresses were just noooo oh noooo.  Did they get the last ones in all of LA? No kind of any fitting. They both were so shapeless.  Almost like they had airtime to fill,  throw in the comedy team and they can eat up a few minutes,  uhoh what will i wear

Haha!!! Well, I also really loved Kristen's dress. 

sorry kristen wiig GIF

• Love 3
8 hours ago, leftlane said:

I noticed lately some people have been looking for any reason to throw Sunny under the bus.  It's interesting because she hasn't done anything remotely worthy of comparison to Megan.

I'm not throwing  her under the bus. I like Sunny and she is no where close to Meghan in being a wretched person.  But there are days she annoys me.   I don't have a problem with her asking Klobacher about that case but it felt like an interrogation.  And neither one of them explained the details of the case.   And as I mentioned in an earlier post anything that happens with that case will be handled by the current prosecutor and/or the appeals court.  I'm not quite sure what Sunny wants Klobacher to do other than say I was wrong.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Haha!!! Well, I also really loved Kristen's dress. 

sorry kristen wiig GIF

hehehe love your gif. Im sorry that dress was the worst i have ever seen. imho.  I just kept thinking of the lobster on Spongebob.  And then Maya' s was the polar opposite.  Talk about curtains!  I did like the color though.  Whoever said it was stolen from Mrs Roper' s closet was spot on. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, leftlane said:

Why not both? Talking about the case on national television surely helps the person incarcerated and those working to get him freed.

Thats an excellent idea.  She should join forces with KKW and give airtime to her cases.  Think of the shapewear!  ( Sunny Love 😊)

• Love 1
15 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Well, Linsey Davis came across as if she was "attacking" someone, too, imo. I thought it was very similar actually, although I think Sunny's decision to do that was more about unfairness to Kamala than Buttigieg.

I have to disagree with this, because I think Linsey just wanted her question answered. While Klobuchar was answering the questions that Sunny asked of her. I think that's the difference here. If Klobuchar was being evasive or using her political speech to get away from the question, then Sunny's aggressive questions would be fine. But that wasn't the case here. It felt more like Sunny was annoyed that there's a white prosecutor who isn't being questioned on her record in the same way her fav, Kamala Harris, was and she wanted a gotcha moment.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm not throwing  her under the bus. I like Sunny and she is no where close to Meghan in being a wretched person.  But there are days she annoys me.   

I agree with this. Most of the time I love Sunny— her intellect and her preparation for interviews — but there are times that her coyness and naïveté annoy me. (Her horror at the idea that exes can be friends, to name a recent example.) I didn’t care for Sunny’s prosecutorial tone with Amy, I thought she could have spoken in a way that wasn’t so obviously bitter about Kamala but I do think raising the subject of Amy’s record is not only fair game, but needs to be addressed sooner than later.  

They all have characteristics and mannerisms that can be annoying, but none to the extent that Meghan does.

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I didn’t care for Sunny’s prosecutorial tone with Amy, I thought she could have spoken in a way that wasn’t so obviously bitter about Kamala but I do think raising the subject of Amy’s record is not only fair game, but needs to be addressed sooner than later.  

They all have characteristics and mannerisms that can be annoying, but none to the extent that Meghan does.

Ditto. Even though Sunny reminded me of Meghan with certain inconsistencies recently, I still think they are two very different people. The intelligent, hardworking, self-made attorney who’s tough but kind > the daughter.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, leftlane said:

Yes! We need only look at the outstanding job Mags is doing as a political pundit/serious journalist/all round witty, super-intelligent Republican about town, to see that one can hold important positions AND host The View!!

Oops! I forgot to add heavily followed presence on all forms of social media, with her finger on the pulse of every and all things that are happening and card-carrying NRA member.

• LOL 7
12 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Oh, good, another silent pouting day. Now everyone can speak uninterrupted. Thank you, God!

9 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

So, Meghan's gonna just sit and seethe and tap her fingers? OK. Whatevs.

Apparently Meghan doesn't realize we like when she does that.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Meghan's got that same cocky attitude that she had yesterday.  She gets this way every once in a while, where she's even more of a know-it-all than usual. 

She got in her obligatory dig at Mayor Pete, who has had "oppo" thrown at him, since last year.  Where's she been?

I love Sunny's dress, but her earrings clash and are focus-pulling.

Meghan must think she has a hidden talent be to be the producer of this show.  It's the second day in a row she's voiced her opinion on when something should happen.  Heaven forbid a topic discussion should start early.  It was weird, though, how the conversation ground to a halt after they talked about the Justice department, and then out of nowhere Sunny brought up the Bloomberg tape and video that got a lot of attention in the media yesterday.

The audience sure got a nice surprise today. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Wow!  Nice treat for the audience. When the promo said a superstar surprise guest I was skeptical. 

Lol I was thrilled for the audience. You know how pissed I'd be if I was an audience member on a day when they got something like a free copy of Newt Gingrich's book  and saw that today's audience got free tickets to see Janet Jackson? 😆

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I have to disagree with this, because I think Linsey just wanted her question answered. While Klobuchar was answering the questions that Sunny asked of her. I think that's the difference here. If Klobuchar was being evasive or using her political speech to get away from the question, then Sunny's aggressive questions would be fine. But that wasn't the case here. It felt more like Sunny was annoyed that there's a white prosecutor who isn't being questioned on her record in the same way her fav, Kamala Harris, was and she wanted a gotcha moment.

Except that she was evasive on one question--that while she was prosecutor, why the disproportionality of prosecutions against police brutality. Klobuchar just skipped right over that, didn't answer, and went on to say how she did a good job coming down on white collar crime.

• Love 8

And as someone who has worked and still works in the legal field, and attended trials, I have to respectfully disagree that Sunny wasn’t interrogating Klobuchar. And it was a respectful interview/questioning. I did hear Joy in the background trying to crack a joke, though.

• Love 8

So I'm watching today's episode via random clips on youtube so I might have missed this but did they not mention at all that Yang dropped out?  I mean, I get that he didn't have the highest chance of being president but he'd gotten plenty of media attention and had been on the show before, so I found it odd that they didn't even mention that he'd dropped out.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

So I'm watching today's episode via random clips on youtube so I might have missed this but did they not mention at all that Yang dropped out?  I mean, I get that he didn't have the highest chance of being president but he'd gotten plenty of media attention and had been on the show before, so I found it odd that they didn't even mention that he'd dropped out.

No mention of Yang ... I was disappointed too.  But they did slide in the Westminster winner at the last minute!!!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Snapdragon said:

I was surprised too.  I'm sure Whoopie is disappointed her family members won't be getting that free 1k a month.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Poor, poor Whoopi. This news must have broken her heart.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

It was weird, though, how the conversation ground to a halt after they talked about the Justice department, and then out of nowhere Sunny brought up the Bloomberg tape and video that got a lot of attention in the media yesterday.

My take on that was that it was McCain's "turn" to talk--since they're given a specific order (which is pathetic, but here we are)--and McCain was so furious at how anti-Republican the others' comments were that she said nothing as if that's some sort of punishment to everyone. I assumed Whoopi was laughing at McCain's childishness and Sunny brought up Bloomberg to fill the silence (or perhaps one of McCain's enablers screamed in her ear to bring it up to give McCain a Dem-bashing subject to soothe the poor, widdle snowflake's nerves lol).

2 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I think he was mentioned in passing, but, yes, I thought he'd be spoken about more since he was Whoopi's favorite. My personal gripe is throughout the whole segment, they rarely talked about Buttigieg at all even though he's in the lead right now. It was all about Bernie and Biden and Klobuchar. It was just like the day of the Iowa results when they spent the whole segment talking about Biden placing 4th and nothing about the winner.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, bannana said:

I think this is correct, some people just don't remember their dreams.  I will often recount my dreams to my husband and he is stunned at the level of detail I recall.  But most of my dreams are not good.  I had a friend who would often say:  I had the most beautiful dream last night.  That has maybe happened to me about a dozen times in my life.  Many of my dreams are like movies, horror, murder mystery, etc.  And then the recurring dreams like they were talking about today (always failing at work, always being late for a big event and things conspiring against me to prevent me from getting there!).

I actually liked this topic today because for once it was different than the usual sex topic, jealousy topic (which they also covered today), and the repetitive political hot topics, where nothing new is ever said.

My dreams are full on Freudian symbolism.  I’m driving a car I can’t control, I’m publicly bathing, and several times a week, I’m being rejected and cruelly treated by my closest loved ones. Throw in devil dreams weekly where I’m paralyzed by evil and unable to pray for my safety.  

I’m clearly a basket case who feels their life is out of their control, feels vulnerable and exposed, and feels insecure in all close relationships. Lol.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

It was weird, though, how the conversation ground to a halt after they talked about the Justice department, and then out of nowhere Sunny brought up the Bloomberg tape and video that got a lot of attention in the media yesterday.

I'm at work so I'm watching it on youtube and at first I thought the show had skipped a segment or something because it was such an abrupt topic change.

Didn't Janet stop by once before to surprise Sherri Shepherd?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

My take on that was that it was McCain's "turn" to talk--since they're given a specific order (which is pathetic, but here we are)--and McCain was so furious at how anti-Republican the others' comments were that she said nothing as if that's some sort of punishment to everyone. I assumed Whoopi was laughing at McCain's childishness and Sunny brought up Bloomberg to fill the silence (or perhaps one of McCain's enablers screamed in her ear to bring it up to give McCain a Dem-bashing subject to soothe the poor, widdle snowflake's nerves lol).

Whatever they were going to talk about later, they never did.  There wasn't a spot for it.  Maybe "later" means another day.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Since that happened moments before the Janet Jackson surprise, I'm assuming that they were told just to talk amongst themselves for a minute or two while they prepared a surprise backstage and everyone was kind of at a loss as to what to say.  Or they were randomly given the Bloomberg topic their earpieces at the last minute (until Janet was ready) and they were caught off guard.

• Love 4