Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, AAT said:

Since Sam Finglass just graduated from college, I'm surprised she didn't try out. Just a thought. 

In the Mother's Day Just 4 Kicks podcast, Sam said that she enjoys dancing, but that it's not her passion and that her flexibility isn't there, since she hasn't been training for years. She went on to say that she would never put K/J/C through having to tell her no when she knows that she's not DCC-ready. I'm paraphrasing, of course. Hayley basically echoed that sentiment. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Meleighsa said:

In the Mother's Day Just 4 Kicks podcast, Sam said that she enjoys dancing, but that it's not her passion and that her flexibility isn't there, since she hasn't been training for years. She went on to say that she would never put K/J/C through having to tell her no when she knows that she's not DCC-ready. I'm paraphrasing, of course. Hayley basically echoed that sentiment. 

Good for her, not feeling like she has to be a DCC. 

• Love 18

Anyone from the DFW area heard when restrictions might be lifted enough that the DCC can start their Training Camp?

Here in KY/TN/IN/OH they've cancelled the concert I was supposed to go to this fall (Lady Antebellum in Sept in Nashville) and postponed the Reba concert in Evansville to NEXT Summer.

Still haven't heard when Volunteers will be allowed back to our local hospital but my co-worker there seems to think it will be a "long time".

1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

They are molding her to replace Charlotte. She was in the draft videos too along with her brother and charlotte whereas neither son who hold football related roles were with Jerry

Yeah because God forbid they bring in someone with experience and qualifications other than being related to JJ to replace ber.

56 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

I think it's good that they are cutting the numbers so harshly.

To me it never made sense to take some many girls through when there are so few spots. If the number is 1500, then 100 I would be hoping around 30 would make a normal final addition with 15 being taken to training camp. So it really is just the girls who they think could be the best fits, especially if there are only 6 or so spots avaliable.

I would think this would be no different from other professional dance auditions where open call is massive but they quickly cut it down to the top 10 or 20 who are actually suitable for what they want.

I feel like 15 is too low for the merged finals/TC round though. Plus, they will need to film more episodes as I don’t think they will “film” anything for prelims and semis, so I’d rather see a big number in TC and keep the cuts coming. Otherwise they will just drag the process even more than the previous years.

40 minutes ago, AAT said:

Good for her, not feeling like she has to be a DCC. 

I mean, if your mom can secure you office positions with a guaranteed career stability, would you choose to go for dcc instead?

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

They are molding her to replace Charlotte. She was in the draft videos too along with her brother and charlotte whereas neither son who hold football related roles were with Jerry

Yeahhh.  I get that.  Just not a fan.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Charlottes daughter, you would never guess based on her looks, girl has a face for radio. 

LOL I think she's a pretty girl.  Oh...look who commented haha!

image.thumb.png.b7c78e338ca4be525c898fc8480928e6.png

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Charlottes daughter, you would never guess based on her looks, girl has a face for radio. But she’s buddy buddy with Kelli, Judy and all the favorites. 

If you ask me, Charlotte's face has had so much work trying to be HD ready, she shouldn't be on tv either. And who the heck picks her clothes? She dresses terrible for role as a high ranking professional on a very popular football franchise!!

• Love 10
1 minute ago, mizzhyer said:

WTF?  Seriously?? She brings absolutetly nothing to the board.

The Jones’ have always kept this franchise in the family, so this would be no different. She has probably been groomed since birth for a position with the Cowboys.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

Charlottes daughter, you would never guess based on her looks, girl has a face for radio. But she’s buddy buddy with Kelli, Judy and all the favorites. 

Charlotte has a face for radio as well so the apple didn't fall far from the tree 🙂  Yes..there I said it 😛

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

The Jones’ have always kept this franchise in the family, so this would be no different. She has probably been groomed since birth for a position with the Cowboys.

And that’s fine. But her future in the organization is pretty much a given. She should either start from a low position both to show that she earned it in a sense and to actually gain some experience, or work outside of the company for a little while. Someone right out of college without real-life experience won’t be able to bring in new ideas. 

• Love 4

I can't criticize Haley's lack of real world experience, she has plenty of Cowboys experience.  I imagine she's been doing some kind of low level work with the organization for years, she probably knows the ins and outs as well as anybody there.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

I'm sure she has been.  I kind of feel for her...she's probably never been given the opportunity to try something different. 

• Love 5

I think I remember reading here that Haley went and worked at another NFL organization for a hot minute and there was some speculation that it was part of her grooming process. Seems wild that she's one of the few first-round judges, though, especially since she has so many close friendships with the girls. I just don't see how she's qualified enough to make up for her impartiality. By that I mean, if she were an amazing dancer herself who had an eye for technique, I'd think it's more reasonable she's one of 4 or 5 first-round judges.

I hope that, since they cut so many and are bringing in a more usual number to semis, that they have a guest choreographer who has worked with the team before as a judge. I really liked Charm last year and think she has a great eye for not just the excellent dancers but also the real performers, which is not always the same thing. I don't need it to be her again (though I'd be happy to see her again), but I want to hear from the dance professionals, not just news anchors and weathermen and sponsor execs weighing in on the candidates. It's one reason I hate that we hear so little from Judy during auditions deliberations in recent years. She's always focused on the candidates' dancing. Or maybe they just bring in the choreographers during training camp/finals--however they work it, I want to see the real pros give their input on both rookies and vets like we've seen the last few seasons. I like hearing from more than just than same old same olds, and hearing from the judges makes me feel like I'm getting more of a sense of what goes on in the studio than just what I see in the edited clips of the ladies dancing. 

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't find Haley pretty at all.  It was the first thing that turned me off from her.  Petty I know. 

I rescind my earlier statement saying I'd never listened to a podcast.  I forgot (or rather tried to burn it out of my brain) that I had listened to a bit of the first one.  But Haley turned me off so much I stopped.  Sorry Haley fans.  Maybe somehow, some way, she will grow on me.  Just not seeing it right now.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by go4luca
wrong name inn first part of post, lol
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
Just now, go4luca said:
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't find Charlotte pretty at all.

I was talking about Haley.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I was talking about Haley.

Fixed!  Meant Haley.  I shouldn't post before imbibing my coffee, lol.

(plus Haley was mentioned in the rest of the post 😉)

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 3
(edited)

I find Charlotte very striking, personally.  Stunning eyes and really interesting features.  I also like that she takes fashion risks - I don't always like what she's wearing, but that's all personal preference.  Every now and again I'm like GIRL.  

I also don't mind Haley being a judge.  This isn't something you need a ton of experience in, but she doesn't seem less qualified than anyone else would be.  Haley has had internships with CMT as well as another NFL team (IIRC,) plus good grief, it's the family business.  Judy is there for the technical eye and gets overruled half the time anyway.  Because truly what it comes down to is she fun to watch or not fun to watch?  How will she look in the uniform? 

I get annoyed by a lot of the VK stuff because she's so damn immature, but Haley usually comes across as grounded and professional for her age and experience.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 13

Kelcey ROTY and Bridget VOTY! There is a god! 😍 Didn’t see any more confirmed retirements though after banquet last night. Maybe on the next podcast episode?

• Love 24
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

And that’s fine. But her future in the organization is pretty much a given. She should either start from a low position both to show that she earned it in a sense and to actually gain some experience, or work outside of the company for a little while. Someone right out of college without real-life experience won’t be able to bring in new ideas. 

She pretty much did start with a low position with Cowboys.

seriously though it’s a Jones fam owned company why anybody is shocked that a Jones family member is hired to a prime spot needs to wake up. What’s the point of being a bazillionare owner if you can’t keep it in the family? Not like it’s a government job where fairness matters. They can hire their dog if they want to. 

Also as for judging, Haley has a dance background and was a jr DCC, raised around the org so wants the best for it. She’s a more qualified judge than most of these random Dallas area celebs. 

She’s def born with a silver spoon but can’t hate her for going to college and attempting to work instead of just being a socialite or trying to go the Parks Hilton Kardashian bullshit route.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Also as for judging, Haley has a dance background and was a jr DCC, raised around the org so wants the best for it. She’s a more qualified judge than most of these random Dallas area celebs. 

Didn't know this so thanks for her background info.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

seriously though it’s a Jones fam owned company why anybody is shocked that a Jones family member is hired to a prime spot needs to wake up. What’s the point of being a bazillionare owner if you can’t keep it in the family? Not like it’s a government job where fairness matters. They can hire their dog if they want to. 

I’m not surprised and I think it makes more sense than hiring Sam for example. All I’m saying is that it’s best to gain some experience first or bringing in non-relative once in a while. And no need to suddenly push her into the spotlight, unless Charlotte is resigning or something. She went from college student stopping by for auditions, to first round judge and is always included in the podcasts -that’s actually the most baffling choice. I’d rather hear from current and past dccs that Hayley.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

She’s def born with a silver spoon but can’t hate her for going to college and attempting to work instead of just being a socialite or trying to go the Parks Hilton Kardashian bullshit route.

Well thank you for that...I had no clue that she had a dance background or was  Jr DCC 🙂 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

She looks so good here I'm sad she didn't make it through, and at least her post was short and sweet unlike some of the others who seem to be fishing for complements. 

She was good. I'm shocked by this one for sure!!!

• Love 4
(edited)

This comment was left on Emily Shymkiw’s (@emmyshymmy) post. I don’t know whether that means Abby did advance or didn’t, but she has tried out in previous years too.

5DE26B04-9BF5-4766-99FA-EA98F7D060CD.jpeg

Edited by TexasLonghorn94
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

This comment was left on Emily Shymkiw’s (@emmyshymmy) post. I don’t know whether that means Abby did advance or didn’t, but she has tried out in previous years too.

5DE26B04-9BF5-4766-99FA-EA98F7D060CD.jpeg

I think it means that Abby moved forward though Emily didn't.

• Love 1

I know this is audition speculation, but many have mentioned natural hair.  Well, I'm speculating about Kat's chances of being allowed to return looking like this.  Personally I like it.

• Love 3

Are they selecting for semis or finals? Or TC right now? The girl in lavender is the only candidate that already has the DCC look from what I’ve seen. Outfit, hair, makeup, body type. But again, they already know who they are picking this year MORE than ever imagined previously. It’s already “done deals.”

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, RockYou said:

Are they selecting for semis or finals? Or TC right now? The girl in lavender is the only candidate that already has the DCC look from what I’ve seen. Outfit, hair, makeup, body type. But again, they already know who they are picking this year MORE than ever imagined previously. It’s already “done deals.”

This was the cut from prelims to semis which makes it even more surprising that some girls  like Ali got cut. They said they got 1,500 applications this year and someone else said that they only took 100 to semis so my big hope is that the top 100 are all superior dancers that have the look.

I also think that there are a few girls that have auditioned more than once, are on other Dallas teams, and often post videos of themselves dancing at prep classes and so we get used to seeing them and root for them to make it (like Emily, Ali, and Megan). The girls that maybe are from different states or don't post as much are flying under the board's radar right now but may turn out to be gorgeous and amazing dancers. 

I do think that some girls are recruited and may be "done deals" for TC and that potentially includes Danielle Gerritzen and Sarah Parton as they are both friends with many current and former DCC. However, I think that the nature of online auditions likely brought in a lot of new talent that could not travel to Dallas for auditions in previous years. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

I know this is audition speculation, but many have mentioned natural hair.  Well, I'm speculating about Kat's chances of being allowed to return looking like this.  Personally I like it.

I do too!!! I was never a fan of the wig. You could tell it was a wig and it didn't look natural for her. She is so beautiful, that she should embrace her hair the way it is. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

So...are we expecting in 10 years time to have a Victoria/ someone else/ Haley trio where we currently have Kelli/ Judy/ Charlotte?

Dayton come back!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, ByTor said:

I’m thinking Charlotte’s dress is a tad short.....but that may just be me....color looks good on her though. 

On 5/17/2020 at 2:47 PM, go4luca said:

I'm no prude but why do they leave posts like this up if they are auditioning?  Have they not watched the show?  Is she friends with Kalyssa?  🤷‍♀️

Annnnnd, she's out! No way, no how will Kelli look past that.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, ByTor said:

Wtf are they wearing? These people can afford a great stylist and wardrobe. Haley looks like a dang ice skater or dance costume and Charlotte looks like she’s ready to be Austin Powers sidekick. I mean Haley has amazing abs but that ain’t cute. Charlotte never did know how to dress for her age and body. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

She sure likes to show her butt off a lot. I mean I might too if I had her body. Lol but... 

Just seems to me...that if you are auditioning for a team that you KNOW the directors look for risque' photos on their social media, that you would "clean it up" a bit.  Just my thought on that. Now, that being said, if I had her body ...I'd probably be naked all of the time going LOOK AT MY BOOTY!!! 😉

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Wtf are they wearing? These people can afford a great stylist and wardrobe. Haley looks like a dang ice skater or dance costume and Charlotte looks like she’s ready to be Austin Powers sidekick. I mean Haley has amazing abs but that ain’t cute. Charlotte never did know how to dress for her age and body. 

Amen...this is just a hot mess in every way. Anyone can go into Macy’s, spend far less than whatever the hell they probably spent on these outfits, and look 100x better. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, AAT said:

She was good. I'm shocked by this one for sure!!!

Probably trying to weed out those who look like VK.  This way VK won’t blend in with other blondes but stand out!

• Love 4