Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Thanks, @TUOwl84!  I don't know why, but the name Rachel Woods sounds familiar, did she audition before?  Katelyn looks super young; Monica is really pretty!

There is an actress named Evan Rachel Wood.  I think that’s why it sounded familiar to me.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

There is an actress named Evan Rachel Wood.  I think that’s why it sounded familiar to me.

Yeah, that's not it, her name combined with her face seemed like someone I've seen before.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Annette said:

On camera lying during training camp, securing a spot the following year AND making Show Group...guess whose the only dancer to manage this feat.  

If a dancer decides to lie to a veteran PLUS,  lie to the Director's face...(thinking back to Jena & Holli most recently)...what would happen?

Yes, Victoria returned slimmer & appearing to perform to the level of making the team.

YET,  this still doesn't address her lack of respect for a veteran teammate or tptb. 

Lack of character isn't something a person necessarily grows out of.  When left unchallenged or (even worse) ignored...

Yes, ma'am!  👏👏👏

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Annette said:

On camera lying during training camp, securing a spot the following year AND making Show Group...guess whose the only dancer to manage this feat. 

The argument for her not being a favorite is that she did, in fact, get cut.  But yep, you are exactly right, nobody else would have even made it to TC the following year, let alone making the team, show group, senior veteran spot in triangle...

• Love 12
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, those shorts do her no favors.

The top does no favors either.  Girl needs all the vertical lines she can incorporate into the outfit and and a VS bombshell-esque top to create cleavage and take the eyes off the lack of waist.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I have a feeling they are going to say Katelyn is boxy

That was my exact thought when i looked at her! She needs to do something to whittle her obliques to give her a shape. The DCC way of thinking not mine, i'd kill to be that boxy... 🙂

• Love 3
On 5/11/2020 at 11:40 PM, TUOwl84 said:

This woman appears to be auditioning.  On her facebook page she lists herself as a dance teacher.  

image0 (4).jpeg

image0 (4) copy.jpeg

Step Four: Spellcheck is your friend. 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 5/12/2020 at 9:57 AM, ByTor said:

Thanks, @TUOwl84!  I don't know why, but the name Rachel Woods sounds familiar, did she audition before?  Katelyn looks super young; Monica is really pretty!

Monica kind of looks like a cross between Meredith and Chandi 🙂 

10 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

I have a feeling they are going to say Katelyn is boxy

I agree ....in the normal world she's just fine...but by DCC standards....I'm thinking that's exactly what they will say!!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I agree ....in the normal world she's just fine...but by DCC standards....I'm thinking that's exactly what they will say!!

I think she's also boxy in the normal world, in the sense that her waist-hip ratio is pretty small.  It takes a "box" to know one, that's how I'm built...even at my thinnest, my waist was never more than 5 inches smaller than my hips.

16 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Step Four: Spellcheck is your friend. 🙄

What did she spell wrong, I'm not seeing it?

• Useful 1
On 5/8/2020 at 11:22 AM, AAT said:

Totally agree!!! If Katie and Madeline S don't try out again, It will be a shame. I would also love to see Alexandra give it one more shot. I'm really pulling for her.  She genuinely has the heart for it. 

From what I can tell, Katy Shaffer hasn’t been training for another audition, though she has been toning up generally. Madeline S is think is likely to reaudition based on her appearance in some prep class videos, but hard to say. 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:17 PM, TUOwl84 said:

Anyone know if Bret from last years TC is planning on auditioning again this year? I’d like to see her come back! It appears she cheered for the Niners again last season. 

08DCC784-0B3F-481F-9D7E-312420262221.jpeg

I haven’t seen anything about Bret reauditioning, which really bums me out; she was one of my faves last year. 

• Love 8

Love those audition additions, @Kitkatkitty

They both have a great look that isn’t currently on the team, and also look like grown ass women. I like the fresh face college girls as much as the next, but having a variety of flowers in the bouquet is a win for everyone. 

• Love 14

The first lady, Reana, has the most beautiful face; her eyes are captivating. 

Cheyanne, the second woman, is gorgeous too but really sexy. It looks like she's had a boob job as you can definitely see the changes from before and after if you go back far enough. I think she'd look more DCC/girl next door with shorter hair too. Those extensions are not for me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think she's also boxy in the normal world, in the sense that her waist-hip ratio is pretty small.  It takes a "box" to know one, that's how I'm built...even at my thinnest, my waist was never more than 5 inches smaller than my hips.

“Devine”. Guessing she means “Divine”?  Or maybe she’s into holy grapes?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, ByTor said:

Gotcha 🙂 I'm in the "blob" category lol...so I'm not the right one to really judge boxy shapes 😉

• LOL 6

Well, we all knew she was retiring but there are still quite a few people who don't believe it.  In fact, I suspect that, DESPITE her confirming it, there will STILL be people wondering if she really is retiring.

• LOL 3
On 5/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, PepperM said:

From what I can tell, Katy Shaffer hasn’t been training for another audition, though she has been toning up generally. Madeline S is think is likely to reaudition based on her appearance in some prep class videos, but hard to say. 

I haven’t seen anything about Bret reauditioning, which really bums me out; she was one of my faves last year. 

Madeline S is trying out as I asked her on IG. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
On 5/13/2020 at 9:39 AM, Opine said:

The top does no favors either.  Girl needs all the vertical lines she can incorporate into the outfit and and a VS bombshell-esque top to create cleavage and take the eyes off the lack of waist.

She appears flat and boxy.  May be the shorts and top, may be that she’s actually flat and boxy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

Saw this on twitter under the #dccauditions hashtag. 

866364C7-5379-4751-A159-38FFE4DEABF9.jpeg

Tagging the choreographer and the director could lead in many directions, but this girl had better be on FIRE when she auditions because if Kelli and Judy DO watch out for her . . . Well, she could either be in the "bad dancers" line up or move on to Semi-Finals.  I would like to think that I would be amazing enough on my own to catch their eye and have them want to watch me, but having connections doesn't hurt (obviously).  Some could even say that having connections is about the only way to get on the team and it would be a rare girl who gets on without them.

• Love 4

Has anyone heard when or if the in person portion(s) of the audition have been scheduled?  Here in KY our Governor has rescinded his initial order of no large gatherings to end before Memorial Day instead of after, allowing for gatherings of at least 10 people.  Does anyone know where TX is in their letting up on restrictions?

20 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Has anyone heard when or if the in person portion(s) of the audition have been scheduled?  Here in KY our Governor has rescinded his initial order of no large gatherings to end before Memorial Day instead of after, allowing for gatherings of at least 10 people.  Does anyone know where TX is in their letting up on restrictions?

No more then 10 here in Texas 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Tagging the choreographer and the director could lead in many directions, but this girl had better be on FIRE when she auditions because if Kelli and Judy DO watch out for her . . . Well, she could either be in the "bad dancers" line up or move on to Semi-Finals.  I would like to think that I would be amazing enough on my own to catch their eye and have them want to watch me, but having connections doesn't hurt (obviously).  Some could even say that having connections is about the only way to get on the team and it would be a rare girl who gets on without them.

While I completely agree it doesnt appear she is the one who posted this, rather someone else on her behalf who possibly hasn't realised she may have hurt her chances.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

While I completely agree it doesnt appear she is the one who posted this, rather someone else on her behalf who possibly hasn't realised she may have hurt her chances.

Since it does look that way, whoever posted it is likely proud of her and thinks she's pretty good and either hasn't watched the show or doesn't realize that this girl may be scrutinized.  However, because friends or family think you're good doesn't mean that Kelli/Charlotte/Judy think that way.  I could say more, but I don't want to give them ideas.

Yikes. Agree all that tagging is a risk. Not sure how I feel about her look. She has a great figure and gorgeous hair, but the hair color needs to be something else and her makeup is too dark around the eyes and and lips and too light on her face. Maybe she's a fun makeover candidate. I can see where she could have the look.

22 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Girl you know natural is an issue with DCC.

Quoting myself to say again that I don’t think DCCs issue with natural black hair is racist, it just doesn’t match their whole uniform look. They hate natural white hair too. Everybody looks plastic to some extent. 

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, cgloss said:

She looks like Meghan Markle. 

She does. If kelli makes that connection she’ll at least get into camo. Kelli loves a celeb look alike aka Meghan Flattery, that girl who looked like Laura Dern - Rachel? Also whatsherfsce that looked like Kendall Jenner.

• Love 3

Well, most of these girls don’t have the look...harsh, but it is what it is. And what the hell was that girl in the red swimsuit thinking? Watch one season of mtt and you’ll see how much Kelli loves this kind of photos (unless they’re part of her calendar of course).

• LOL 5
  • Love 10