Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I kind of have a feeling that the judging process is harsher this year because they got more applicants who in previous years may not have wanted to fly to Dallas or be featured heavily on CMT. They are also basically taking all of the "finalists" into training camp, so the cut from prelims to semis is basically their cut from semis to finals in previous years.

Sydney Reinacher posted "god delays are not gods denials" so I don't think she made it 

Edited by Kitkatkitty
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

This is the list I have of confirmed semifinalists, anyone know anything else?

Marissa Garrison: themarissagarrison

Katelyn Pittman: _katelynpittman_

Kennedy Jo: kennedyyjo

Sarah Parton: sarahparton_

Danielle Gerritzen: daniellegerritzen

Madison Renee: madisonreneeee_

Kelly Long: kellylongg

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I kind of have a feeling that the judging process is harsher this year because they got more applicants who in previous years may not have wanted to fly to Dallas or be featured heavily on CMT. They are also basically taking all of the "finalists" into training camp, so the cut from prelims to semis is basically their cut from semis to finals in previous years.

Sydney Reinacher posted "god delays are not gods denials" so I don't think she made it 

It will be very interesting to see if they continue with the first round being done by video submissions after this year.  i’m sure many did not try out in previous years because not everyone has the time, money or desire to travel to Texas and some may not want to be on the “what was she thinking” list on tv. 

Kelli can now say that they have around 1,500 trying out and if they can still get great or better quality dancers, maybe.  

Edited by VintageJ
  • Love 6
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

This is the list I have of confirmed semifinalists, anyone know anything else?

Marissa Garrison: themarissagarrison

Katelyn Pittman: _katelynpittman_

Kennedy Jo: kennedyyjo

Sarah Parton: sarahparton_

Danielle Gerritzen: daniellegerritzen

Madison Renee: madisonreneeee_

Kelly Long: kellylongg

Brooke Peterson : brookee.peterson

Jada (jadaboo0203)

Edited by mizzhyer
Just now, Kitkatkitty said:

ok haha Brooke Peterson is a super common name on instagram so I was basically just guessing 

I'm not sure either, but someone put her IG name on here, and when I looked it up, it was a different girl. Do we know if Gina Marie, Madeline S. or Alli Ford made it?

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

ok haha Brooke Peterson is a super common name on instagram so I was basically just guessing 

her IG is brookee.peterson  🙂

image.png.4fe63b9e7dcdaa911bedd4723d5a4994.png

And I agree...Jada is super cute 🙂 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

This is a surprising one! 

Ugh I'm so sad, Megan, Ali, and her were some of my favorites. If I were the DCC organization with 1,500 online applications I would probably take through anyone to semis who seemed good enough so that I could see them again with choreography, but I guess they wanted to narrow it down really early? 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Annabelle Afzali is the girl who Kelly said she voted yes for on twitter, her insta is anabellieeee and it is private 

Was this the one with the cows?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Ugh I'm so sad, Megan, Ali, and her were some of my favorites. If I were the DCC organization with 1,500 online applications I would probably take through anyone to semis who seemed good enough so that I could see them again with choreography, but I guess they wanted to narrow it down really early? 

Especially if the girls have got to finals in previous years, just to see if there's been any improvement!

• Love 4

19 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Uhm, I wouldn’t say so... she’s not that strong in the clips I’ve seen on her insta and her reaction isn’t that great really. Quite frankly it sounds like she felt entitled to a better ranking without the skills to back it up. But it does seem to prove that the previous years they’d move more girls into semis and finals that weren’t that strong. Looks like this year we had a lot of real contenders and I hope this rookie class is better than last year’s.

• Love 7
48 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Ugh I'm so sad

Me too!  The cow girl (and I didn't think she was good) got in and not Emily?  I don't get what they're thinking sometimes.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Awww...I like Emily 😞  I was hoping she'd maybe get a shot at TC.  She's gotten a year in on DSIG and has glammed herself up some.  Booooo!!!

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, TorProc said:

I’m so sad. I really like her. I bet it’s because she is a blogger. 😩

Might be scared she’ll share too much about the process online? I’m a blogger and most bloggers I know would want to document the journey but if told not to, we’d share as little as possible! 

• Love 3

Did any of the finalist from last year try out and on to the second round??? The one Charm liked I think her name was Katie.  Also interested if any of the cut TCC's tried out again 🙂

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, H3705 said:

Did any of the finalist from last year try out and on to the second round??? The one Charm liked I think her name was Katie.  Also interested if any of the cut TCC's tried out again 🙂

So far she hasn't posted if she has auditioned or if she made it to round 2 for that matter on social media.

• Love 1
On 5/16/2020 at 6:58 PM, Kitkatkitty said:

Cailey Ursin (Finalist last year):

Also did not make it to the next round.

I am curious to how they are making these selections. 

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, JC2468 said:

I am curious to how they are making these selections. 

After a lot of cocktails?

I'm just kidding.  Or not.  Wouldn't blame them if they did imbibe in order to make it through 1500 odd submissions.  🥃

Edited by go4luca
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, go4luca said:

After a lot of cocktails?

I'm just kidding.  Or not.  Wouldn't blame them if they did imbibe in order to make it through 1500 odd submissions.  🥃

Kelli drinks just to walk her dog, so yeah...

• LOL 6
4 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I swear if they cut so many people this early and still end up with some girls who can't freaking kick or do the splits I'm going to scream 

Exactly why they should start with semis.  Can they pick up choreo, can they kick, can they pick up those little details, etc?  Not, hey she's pretty and can move and likes cows, but that's it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Exactly why they should start with semis.  Can they pick up choreo, can they kick, can they pick up those little details, etc?  Not, hey she's pretty and can move and likes cows, but that's it.

I’m honestly very shocked so many who advanced to finals in the past, got cut in the first round 🧐

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, JC2468 said:

I’m honestly very shocked so many who advanced to finals in the past, got cut in the first round 🧐

I wonder how many girls will go onto finals/training camp? I've always thought their audition process needed a shake up! Take more girls to training camp, see them all dance for more than 2 minutes each and then make some decisions. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli drinks just to walk her dog, so yeah...

My dog sniffs too much, sometimes I feel like I need a drink when I walk her 🙂 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I think that Marissa Garrison is a really cute girl.  But they should really make her a red head like Hannah and Savannah, instead of keeping her an icy blonde if she makes it into TC.   It will make her blue eyes really pop!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

I wonder how many girls will go onto finals/training camp? I've always thought their audition process needed a shake up! Take more girls to training camp, see them all dance for more than 2 minutes each and then make some decisions. 

The more I think about it though maybe making the auditions online is exactly what the organization needed to refresh and get new and better talent. In past seasons they have chosen to take about 100 to semis and 50ish to finals but they only had 200 girls show up. So girls that were top 100 out of 200 are no longer top 100 out of 1,500 online applications.  Emily posted that she was top 79 last year but obviously she isn't top 100 this year.

I am crossing my fingers that they really did choose the top 100 out of 1,500 and that the new girls will be really really good. I am also hoping for a little more diversity, although most of the girls I have seen that made it through are white and blonde.

I do think that they could have changed up auditions to accommodate being online, like have girls submit the kick line or at least a split in the first round. But I do think they like to have the number of applicants be as high as possible and having a choreographed first round would lower their numbers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think that Marissa Garrison is a really cute girl.  But they should really make her a red head like Hannah and Savannah, instead of keeping her an icy blonde if she makes it into TC.   It will make her blue eyes really pop!

She is really cute and extremely talented. If she doesn't make it, and Kat and VK did, I'll be so upset!!!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Me too!  The cow girl (and I didn't think she was good) got in and not Emily?  I don't get what they're thinking sometimes.

Sorry, Emily doesn't do anything for me. I like cow girl so far.  But this isn't the first time you and I have had varying favorites! 😅😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Are they using the same judges as the previous years?

With so many candidates, it would make sense to just watch some of the dance videos first and if they don't grab your attention in the first minute, cut 'em. No need to go through their answers, background, etc.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Are they using the same judges as the previous years?

With so many candidates, it would make sense to just watch some of the dance videos first and if they don't grab your attention in the first minute, cut 'em. No need to go through their answers, background, etc.

For prelims, it was Kelli, Judy, Charlotte and Haley.  Marshall said something on Facebook about other judges being brought in for semis.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

For prelims, it was Kelli, Judy, Charlotte and Haley.  Marshall said something on Facebook about other judges being brought in for semis.

Haley! 😑

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, go4luca said:

WHUT?!

They are molding her to replace Charlotte. She was in the draft videos too along with her brother and charlotte whereas neither son who hold football related roles were with Jerry

• Useful 4

I think it's good that they are cutting the numbers so harshly.

To me it never made sense to take some many girls through when there are so few spots. If the number is 1500, then 100 I would be hoping around 30 would make a normal final addition with 15 being taken to training camp. So it really is just the girls who they think could be the best fits, especially if there are only 6 or so spots avaliable.

I would think this would be no different from other professional dance auditions where open call is massive but they quickly cut it down to the top 10 or 20 who are actually suitable for what they want.

• Love 12