Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

More candidates

Mallory Jenkins, who is has is another very great candidate. Do I want to see her again? Yes!

And also Kelly Long, who will never be on WW.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

What was the name of the redhead who got into training camp and lost her friends in a helicopter crash?

Is she reauditioning this year?

Shaina, and sadly no, it doesn’t seem so. She’s actually teaching a Zoom class tonight it looks like. @shainagrace on Insta

13 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

A few of those girls auditioning look as if they are mad at the universe in their photos.  Allie Richardson is scowling.

Alli’s picture is her glamour shot for the NIU gymnastics team this year - that’s kind of the trend as far as promo material for DI athletics. It’s par for the course, and I would imagine the photographer and/or her coach told her (and all her teammates) to do it, so you can’t really blame her. 

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

That Ashlyn girl...OMG NO!!!!

I know this style isn’t for everyone and lord someone needs to teach her what to do with her hands and fingers, but her extension in her legs is good and so is her musicality. I don’t hate it. I don’t think she’s DCC, but it’s not all bad. 

• Love 1

I have updates! Per Insta:

image.thumb.jpeg.9f76c78735fca10c48f555f66b5106c0.jpeg

From Ali Floyd’s Insta story - Kennedy Jo has made semis... but Ali tried out too, so it kinda sounds like she didn’t make it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.92e13e9e9038568d1fe01e1c79564cdd.jpeg

Megan Erickson (ohmymegann_) did not make it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.80057436212fd9eb07c81f22178f5184.jpeg

Sarah Parton made semis, per a quoted Insta story from a friend. 

Anyone else find updates?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I’m a bit shocked Megan didn’t make Semi’s. From my years of watching, it always seems like if you can dance to a beat, you’ll at least make it to Semi’s. She has Pro dance experience with Stars, definitely has toned and glammed up! I’m actually surprised to see that decision

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

I'm honestly kinda shook that Megan and Ali (potentially) didn't make it. In previous years it almost seems like the cut from prelims to semis is just to weed out the really bad dancers or girls who don't have the DCC "look" and the cut from semis to finals is more of a dance specific cut. Both Megan and Ali would have for sure made it to semis if it had been in person auditions where barely 200 girls show up. 

Either they really did get 1,500 applications and those two didn't make the cut (which makes me excited for the talent that got through), or they have decided to take through a much smaller group than usual or have stricter criteria of who makes it through.

Also, from the comments on Megan post, it seems like Danielle Gerritzen made it through

another confirmation of Sarah Parton:

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Alli’s picture is her glamour shot for the NIU gymnastics team this year - that’s kind of the trend as far as promo material for DI athletics. It’s par for the course, and I would imagine the photographer and/or her coach told her (and all her teammates) to do it, so you can’t really blame her. 

Thanks for telling me that.  Alli I apologize for not knowing all the latest trends.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I'm honestly kinda shook that Megan and Ali (potentially) didn't make it. In previous years it almost seems like the cut from prelims to semis is just to weed out the really bad dancers or girls who don't have the DCC "look" and the cut from semis to finals is more of a dance specific cut. Both Megan and Ali would have for sure made it to semis if it had been in person auditions where barely 200 girls show up. 

Either they really did get 1,500 applications and those two didn't make the cut (which makes me excited for the talent that got through), or they have decided to take through a much smaller group than usual or have stricter criteria of who makes it through.

Also, from the comments on Megan post, it seems like Danielle Gerritzen made it through

Yeah I'm seriously shook about Megan and possibly Ali. Ali especially, honestly. She was one of my favorites to potentially make the team. Excited for Danielle, though! I hope we get full confirmation of her soon.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

This one has support on the post below from both Lacey and Mia.  Maybe from classes of theirs or does she know them?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Yeah I'm seriously shook about Megan and possibly Ali. Ali especially, honestly. She was one of my favorites to potentially make the team. Excited for Danielle, though! I hope we get full confirmation of her soon.

Danielle just posted a very excited insta story so I feel pretty good that she made it through

Getting a little stalkery, Elaney Dominguez (laney_christine) posted on Megan's post to which Megan replied "I'm proud of you!!" I'm pretty sure Elaney was a finalist last year and is a current Ice Angel although her instagram is private, so she is a potential semifinalist this year. This is her from the ice angels instagram:

Megan also said "rooting for you" on fellow ice angel Natalie Blair's comment so she's another potential: 

who knows though, I'm grasping at straws because no one is posting hahah 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I'm honestly surprised by how thrown together last minute and how low budget of a package it has been for finalists (film editing, lighting). I know Kashara was glorified as point and as an ambassador during her time on the team, but why would DCC continue to exclusively feature her, at her current out-of-shape size? Is she expecting? She is often seen getting winded during the routine being taught and falling out of her turns. And for anyone curious how I'm accessing the semis choreography, it's not that hard to find from social media screen shots, just sayin. 

• Love 5

Thank you for the Dropbox link! I will certainly try to do this for about three minutes, then abandon it to focus on the awkward mirror line, Kashara being cute but thick, Amy’s surprisingly great butt but also how much I hate that Cowboys top.  I’ll totally have the kickline mastered in no time. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Here's a link that was sent to the semi-finalists to learn the DCC choreo.  KaShara is the one providing the instruction which is who I expected would teach it.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ch1hjnzvl0ng9st/AABGQ-UtFVmKOk-oh6mvdZD4a?dl=0&preview=2020+DCC+Semis+Choreo.MP4

P.S.  KaShara is looking kinda big.  I'm still a fan of hers though.  I just want her to be happy and health, but I am sure thats the case!

I can't believe that they have until the 25th to master this routine and submit it. Seems like a long time to practice, although, it seems pretty complicated and fast. We shall see!!!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Thank you for the Dropbox link! I will certainly try to do this for about three minutes, then abandon it to focus on the awkward mirror line, Kashara being cute but thick, Amy’s surprisingly great butt but also how much I hate that Cowboys top.  I’ll totally have the kickline mastered in no time. 

It may just be me, but I'm downloading it before Kelli realizes it's out to the public and either changes it up (too late now) or gives the girls a tongue-lashing.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the girl (or girls) who posted this don't make it to Finals.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

It may just be me, but I'm downloading it before Kelli realizes it's out to the public and either changes it up (too late now) or gives the girls a tongue-lashing.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the girl (or girls) who posted this don't make it to Finals.

I thought the same thing.   I purposefully didn't show who posted it.  I don't want to ruin anyone's chances/dream over my sleuthing lol.  But its not that hard to find really.  

• Love 3

Can I just say that the song they chose for the DCC dance portion is AWFUL! 😂  I'd hate to be a judge and hear that terrible song over and over while viewing candidates submissions.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Is that how our legs are supposed to touch?  With that kind of space between them🤣?  And yes, the kickline will be no prob to learn:)

I think her top is cute.  I mean, do we remember last year's pants and the previous year's top with the slits?

• LOL 2
53 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Also, Amy is the one teaching the kickline portion in the video instruction.

Amy does a good job teaching the kickline.  Wish my butt was that toned, lol.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Just watched Amy do the kick line. Hopefully I'll be able to do that perfectly in my dreams tonight and not chicken out. LOL

Make sure you stretch before you go to sleep don’t need an injury 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Is that how our legs are supposed to touch?  With that kind of space between them🤣?  And yes, the kickline will be no prob to learn:)

I think her top is cute.  I mean, do we remember last year's pants and the previous year's top with the slits?

I liked the pink! I remember being extremely outnumbered tho. Lol. I liked Kash’s too, it’s the weird little zipper top Amy was wearing. Tho maybe it looks better in regular lights. The lighting was bonkers for both segments. 

• Love 1
On 5/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Amy Molly Heather Miranda Alexis Bridget Christina 

I like a lot of those, but Alexis is retiring? Darn, I like her!

8 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Here's a link that was sent to the semi-finalists to learn the DCC choreo.  KaShara is the one providing the instruction which is who I expected would teach it.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ch1hjnzvl0ng9st/AABGQ-UtFVmKOk-oh6mvdZD4a?dl=0&preview=2020+DCC+Semis+Choreo.MP4

P.S.  KaShara is looking kinda big.  I'm still a fan of hers though.  I just want her to be happy and health, but I am sure thats the case!

7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

It’s gone booooo

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

It’s gone booooo

Not surprised it didn't last the night.  Either the people who posted it (I'd heard of at least two, maybe three, who did so) were warned by others to take it down or they realized how stupid it was themselves.  I'm not sure Kelli would have moved that fast herself.  She hasn't done so in years unless it's to protect Victoria.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, AAT said:

How is that possible!!! She could dance, had the look and the figure. Ugh!!!

Who knows?  I figured she would be a shoe in for Finals/TC.  I give up trying to figure out their thought process on who makes it and who doesn't 😛

• Love 3

From someone who submitted an audition video and didn’t make it to semis, I really think they’re looking for these girls to pull out all the tricks and really impress in the first round. I submitted clean cut dcc style choreo with a few kicks in there and it unfortunately wasn’t enough 😞 

2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I liked the pink! I remember being extremely outnumbered tho. Lol. I liked Kash’s too, it’s the weird little zipper top Amy was wearing. Tho maybe it looks better in regular lights. The lighting was bonkers for both segments. 

Not only the light. The sound was also horrible too. I see kids on TikTok that create better production value. Why not ask the help of the DC organisation (which they are part of)? Why not face the camera instead of the mirror?

I hope they show it on the show.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

if someone had downloaded the semi's routine before it was taken down I'd love to see it 🙂

It won't let me post it for you.  Its saying its too large. 

image0 (4).jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, go4luca said:

The semis routine is one long ass combo this year.  Yikes.

Probably because they have almost a whole week before the submission due date.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Probably because they have almost a whole week before the submission due date.

Or probably b/c they need to weed/test girls out ahead of TC.  If they can't handle this, they aren't going to make it in TC.

• Love 4