Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm wondering if Kelli "encouraged" her to retire, especially since the incoming group seems to be especially strong

Christina decided to retire before auditions, so if Kelli did encourage her to retire, that wasn't the reason.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

So what, did she confirm  essentially that normally she would take girls to TC she wouldn’t “see on the team”?

I guess point and GLs are known already, unless they rotate point again so we’ll have to wait and see who will replace Amy. Triangle too as sadly, none of them retired so we’re in for snoozefest vol.2

No I think she basically just meant that this wasn't really combined finals/TC but really just TC so they didn't want to invite a large group to travel to Texas for a finals round if they didn't need to. So they are adding in an online interview after this round of dance judging and then inviting a small group to training camp when it is allowed to happen.

I'm hoping Gina gets to get Amy's spot in the triangle although she may contrast too much with Tess/Maddie/Lexie who are generally pretty boring although Lexie surprised me this year. I would be happy with Maddie at point with Lexie and Gina on the side and Tess behind.

• Love 7
(edited)
50 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I'm hoping Gina gets to get Amy's spot in the triangle although she may contrast too much with Tess/Maddie/Lexie who are generally pretty boring although Lexie surprised me this year. I would be happy with Maddie at point with Lexie and Gina on the side and Tess behind.

This!!  I want to see Gina in the triangle as well!!  I think Maddie is pretty much a shoe in for point, Tess will be behind her and Lexie flanking her.  You are so correct that Gina will outshine the other three.  I'd love to see a complete shakeup in the diamond to be honest.  They could put almost any of the second years from last season in the triangle and have more excitement.  Don't get me wrong,  I love Maddie...she's been one of my faves since her rookie year.  She was definitely the better point out of the two last season, and I'm glad she spent a lot more time in that position than Amy, but she didn't really sparkle like past points have.

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Dance4life23 said:

Melissa Rycroft and Marshall both have judging pics/videos on their IG stories!!

Melissa is clearly watching Marissa Garrison who had previously posted a story of her in the same location wearing that outfit. I really like Marissa but I kinda wish Melissa was watching someone else so that I could add to the list of semifinalists hahah.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Melissa is clearly watching Marissa Garrison who had previously posted a story of her in the same location wearing that outfit. I really like Marissa but I kinda wish Melissa was watching someone else so that I could add to the list of semifinalists hahah.

The ones that melissa is watching is girls who already made semis 

(edited)

UGHHHHHHHH.....Melissa.....GO AWAY!!!  I'm sorry, I know a lot of people like her, but she annoys the daylights out of me 😉 It's not like she is a real celebrity and she was just meh as a DCC. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Scott Padgett (the weatherman) is watching someone on his Instastory and I don’t recognize her

13 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Scott Padgett (the weatherman) is watching someone on his Instastory and I don’t recognize her

I don’t recognize her either 

4 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

This!!  I want to see Gina in the triangle as well!!  I think Maddie is pretty much a shoe in for point, Tess will be behind her and Lexie flanking her.  You are so correct that Gina will outshine the other three.  I'd love to see a complete shakeup in the diamond to be honest.  They could put almost any of the second years from last season in the triangle and have more excitement.  Don't get me wrong,  I love Maddie...she's been one of my faves since her rookie year.  She was definitely the better point out of the two last season, and I'm glad she spent a lot more time in that position than Amy, but she didn't really sparkle like past points have.

They would essentially have to demote Tess though... that’s why I assume they will keep the rotation for at least this year, but the change will be that Tess will start in the triangle for “Amy’s” small section and then move behind point where she should have been all along.

• Useful 1

I think they’ll have Lexie or basically any 2nd year (Amber, daphne, Caroline, hannah, Jalyn, Ashlee, Rachel w, or even Kelsey or Amanda) in the first triangle then rotate again to Maddie/Lexie/Gina/Tess for the second half again. Gina just does not photograph well and is too set on photoshopping herself to look emaciated then sharing tk death. Also she will make Maddie look even pudgier.

Oh wait almost forgot the Vickster will be in a diamond somewhere so Tall Tess is prob safe to balance her out. 

• Love 7

If anyone wants access to the video that was sent to the finalists, including the 2nd round kickline by Amy and choreo by Kashara, message me! I was able to figure out how to upload the humongous file.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Not sure if it's been reported here yet, but Julia auditioned -- and apologized to Kelli (barf).

Did she make it to threw so far 

30 minutes ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

I really hope she doesn’t take a training camp spot away from someone else.

Yes, because I bet Kelly brings her into training camp just so she can cut her again, on tv, again!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TexasLonghorn94 said:

I really hope she doesn’t take a training camp spot away from someone else.

I bet she will. All Kelli cares about is ratings, and I bet she thinks this’ll make for a great story.  I wish the organization would realize how toxic Kelli has become for the team and replace her with someone who focuses on a quality team and not producing a reality show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I bet she will. All Kelli cares about is ratings, and I bet she thinks this’ll make for a great story.  I wish the organization would realize how toxic Kelli has become for the team and replace her with someone who focuses on a quality team and not producing a reality show. 

I agree, however, that reality show is actually the reason why a lot of us are all here. I definitely would like less toxicity but still have a show!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, misskelsinicole said:

The comment from Madeline S. about auditioning has been deleted I wonder if she didn’t make the next round 

I asked her on IG if she was trying out this season and my question and response from her is still there. 

• Useful 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, misskelsinicole said:

The comment from Madeline S. about auditioning has been deleted I wonder if she didn’t make the next round 

Well. Madeline IS still competition for Victoria so I wouldn't put it past Kelli to try to keep her out of Training Camp altogether if she could.  After all, she did deny Madeline a spot on the squad last year when the girl was stronger than several girls who made it and possibly even some veterans.  I'm not saying she didn't have some issues, but those could have been easily fixed if Madeline was made aware of them in a clear and precise way early in the season so she could have worked on them.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Well. Madeline IS still competition for Victoria so I wouldn't put it past Kelli to try to keep her out of Training Camp altogether if she could.  After all, she did deny Madeline a spot on the squad last year when the girl was stronger than several girls who made it and possibly even some veterans.  I'm not saying she didn't have some issues, but those could have been easily fixed if Madeline was made aware of them in a clear and precise way early in the season so she could have worked on them.

I get the victoria hate, but let’s be real for a second.  In no way, shape or form was madeline better than victoria or any other vet. I’ve see the girl dance in something longer than the 7 second CMT clip we get. She made it because she was a legacy. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Dance4life23 said:

Anyone know what time the semi finalists will be informed today who will move onto the interview round?

The marissa girl made it 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

In no way, shape or form was madeline better than victoria or any other vet.

100% agree, I honestly don't get how she got into TC last year.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

By no means am I a Madeline S superfan or anything, but I really thought she was GORGEOUS. 

And I often feel like looks plays equally as big of a role for Kelly as dancing does (I was going to list a bunch of examples here but the list is infinitely long).

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Is she the one Kelli said she didn't realize she had cheered with her mother?

• Love 4

Kelli seems selective in how she treats legacies (shocker!). Cassie, Meredith (weight), and Victoria were given tons of leeway, while Dayton and Madeline were not. When she questioned Madeline’s commitment to DCC, last training camp, I thought Madeline’s goose was cooked at that point. Kelli does not hide her dislike for ppl very well.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

Is she the one Kelli said she didn't realize she had cheered with her mother?

Yes. I wonder if she didnt like her mom, and that is why she didn't like Madeline?

22 minutes ago, misskelsinicole said:

Kelly Long posted this not sure if it’s a hint she made or didn’t make the next round 

C1A1EF42-A158-45DF-9F34-5C406E2E6F16.jpeg

ugh these girls and their quotes lol it honestly could be either. I'll keep looking but no one is posting. On the podcast they said that virtual interviews would be the 2nd and 3rd and TCC decisions would go out on the 8th. I'm really crossing my fingers that they actually announce the TCC on instagram or something.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, misskelsinicole said:

Kelly Long posted this not sure if it’s a hint she made or didn’t make the next round 

C1A1EF42-A158-45DF-9F34-5C406E2E6F16.jpeg

I don't  think she made it and will be trying out again next year, but I also think she made it and assumes she will also be making the team? I don't  know what this means!😂😂😂😂. Why can't  they just say, I made it to the next round??? 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I wonder if there’s a bonus for posting cryptic messages? Or praising the Lord? Or not having a back tattoo? It could be like “Let’s Make a Deal” for instagram. “No bathroom mirror duck lip shot”, 10 points. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

I wonder if there’s a bonus for posting cryptic messages? Or praising the Lord? Or not having a back tattoo? It could be like “Let’s Make a Deal” for instagram. “No bathroom mirror duck lip shot”, 10 points. 

every girl is required to post "God has a plan for me"

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Can someone clarify this current stage of the process for me? Today, they found out if they move to the virtual interview round? And then from there, they find out who is invited to the training camp?

Was/is there another round of choreo besides the Kashara video and the kick line?

Just now, TexasLonghorn94 said:

Can someone clarify this current stage of the process for me? Today, they found out if they move to the virtual interview round? And then from there, they find out who is invited to the training camp?

Was/is there another round of choreo besides the Kashara video and the kick line?

They did free style then choreography round then they will do a short interview and then they will meet vets at training camp 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

They did free style then choreography round then they will do a short interview and then they will meet vets at training camp 

Thank you! So essentially they eliminated some after the choreo, then will do the training camp invites after the interview — that makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Dance4life23 said:

Third round is for interviews today.  Then they will announce Training camp next Monday.  It’s very strange.  Why would more people not announce?  If it were me I would be telling people on the street 😂

Same here!! Thanks for clarifying this for me 🙂 

1 hour ago, Dance4life23 said:

Third round is for interviews today.  Then they will announce Training camp next Monday.  It’s very strange.  Why would more people not announce?  If it were me I would be telling people on the street 😂

So they are going to essentially invite people into TC that they’ve one seen remotely (w/ video submissions and online interviews), or will they see these third round finalists physically in Dallas before doing another round of cuts before the TC invites?   How is it working w/ the vets?

13 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

So they are going to essentially invite people into TC that they’ve one seen remotely (w/ video submissions and online interviews), or will they see these third round finalists physically in Dallas before doing another round of cuts before the TC invites?   How is it working w/ the vets?

The ones who make it threw the interview round  will meet up with the vets 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

So there's a possibility that retirements will be more than just the 6/7 we know about? Very interesting, but not a surprise.

All 30 of the ladies returning have said they would be don’t think they would lie 

• Love 1
Just now, Holly85 said:

I was responding to the person who said there probably more ladies that are retiring then the ones we know abt 

That doesn't mean someone lied, someone could have changed her mind and decided to retire last minute.

• Love 7