Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, PepperM said:

I’m upset 🥺🥺 that girl deserves GL, point, PBC, and everything else she could be given - she is stunning! Sad to see her go

100% agreed! I don't want to think about it because it makes me sad.

Bridget made in 2 years more impact than some in 5 years!

DCC cannot afford to let girls of the caliber of Bridget move on after two years. If this becomes the trend I fear for blend-city at point.
The Carcioppolos, the Wallaces and the Rouses should be able to stay to fulfill their potential at the DCC.

• Love 13

I don't think this is the right thread to post it, so I won't, but the DCC instagram account has a video of the End of Year Banquet showing the award announcements.  Amy and Bridget are overwhelmed with happiness and Kat's reaction to Kelsey's win was a bit much.  Gotta love Kat.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

I expect lots of retirements. Having VK on the team has caused massive stress for the other girls. 

This year??  I thought it was just the seven girls and none cause of VK if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I expect lots of retirements. Having VK on the team has caused massive stress for the other girls. 

Only 7 and none bc of vk 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Only 7 and none bc of vk 

In all fairness, there is no way to know why someone is retiring. We know the public reason they give. I would be very surpised if someone posted on insta that they were retiring because Kelli is a Bitch, or they hate Victoria, or anything negative like that. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Jennv said:

In all fairness, there is no way to know why someone is retiring. We know the public reason they give. I would be very surpised if someone posted on insta that they were retiring because Kelli is a Bitch, or they hate Victoria, or anything negative like that. 

I know that I was responding to someone else who said lots of retirements bc of vk 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lunacat said:

Any chance anyone has the tryout video they can share? I wasn’t quick enough to download when it was first posted. 

Same! I was less than a day late and still missed it.  Holding out hope that someone can share it with me.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

Same! I was less than a day late and still missed it.  Holding out hope that someone can share it with me.

I hope that perhaps DCC will release it after the deadline passes. It would be nice to see (I missed it as well) what they were asked to do. 

• Love 4

After looking thru some of the prospective new talent, I would say that Claire Wolford  @clairewolford from Arizona (ASU Cheerleader squad) is one very talented dancer. In her Insta feed she has many dance numbers and you can tell she has great moves and looks like she lost every joint in her body long ago she can bend everywhere!  She deserves a shot at finals if anyone does.  As one member said earlier, Claire is definitely a contender for Victoria in both ability and in looks.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GreyLensman said:

After looking thru some of the prospective new talent, I would say that Claire Wolford  @clairewolford from Arizona (ASU Cheerleader squad) is one very talented dancer. In her Insta feed she has many dance numbers and you can tell she has great moves and looks like she lost every joint in her body long ago she can bend everywhere!  She deserves a shot at finals if anyone does.  As one member said earlier, Claire is definitely a contender for Victoria in both ability and in looks.

She far surpasses Victoria in both ability and looks and I don't doubt that she's on both Kelli's and Victoria's radar.  I think she'll be lucky to make it on the squad as it's likely that Victoria will be gunning for her to make sure that she doesn't make it that far.

However, I wonder how Madeline S. did.  I REALLY want her on the squad, but she's another one that is direct competition for Victoria because of looks and ability.  Because she surpasses Victoria in both areas, should Madeline make it back to Training Camp, Victoria will be doing what she can to make sure Madeline doesn't make the squad. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, GreyLensman said:

Claire is (by far) my favorite contender. However, on her IG, she doesn’t mention trying out or moving to semi’s. She is a beautiful dancer. If she doesn’t make it, I will be shocked and disappointed. One thing....I believe this fall will be her senior year at ASU. So, I’m a little surprised she’s trying out. Someone (FB page) mentioned that (possibly) ASU will have on line classes this coming year, allowing her to try out. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

Claire is (by far) my favorite contender. However, on her IG, she doesn’t mention trying out or moving to semi’s. She is a beautiful dancer. If she doesn’t make it, I will be shocked and disappointed. One thing....I believe this fall will be her senior year at ASU. So, I’m a little surprised she’s trying out. Someone (FB page) mentioned that (possibly) ASU will have on line classes this coming year, allowing her to try out. 

I may be biased as an ASU alum, but Claire is an amazing dancer. She also has a great look.

ASU offers many of their programs fully online, so it's not too far of a stretch for her to go to school online. I'm just surprised if she gives up being on the ASU dance team when they just finished an extremely successful competition season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AAT said:

So does anyone know if Madeline S. or Gina Marie made it to semi's?

Honestly does anyone know for sure that Madeline S. auditioned? There's proof that Gina Marie did and I hope she got to semis but I don't know for sure. 

Also, Madison Staton (madisonreneeee_) who is a semifinalist just announced that she is going to Elon law school in the fall so I'm guessing that means she is not planning on being a DCC anymore this year. 

Semifinal videos were due today so I'm hoping more people start posting. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Honestly does anyone know for sure that Madeline S. auditioned? There's proof that Gina Marie did and I hope she got to semis but I don't know for sure. 

Also, Madison Staton (madisonreneeee_) who is a semifinalist just announced that she is going to Elon law school in the fall so I'm guessing that means she is not planning on being a DCC anymore this year. 

Madeline S told me on IG she was trying out this season but I haven’t seen any indication if she made it to the next round 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

So Madison S. was a semifinalist? I saw that she was going to law school, so I figured she didn't get selected for semi finals. 

1 minute ago, AAT said:

So Madison S. was a semifinalist? I saw that she was going to law school, so I figured she didn't get selected for semi finals. 

yeah she posted on her stories that she got to semis so I would guess that she has chosen to drop out of auditions. 

IMG_2394.jpg

• Love 1
(edited)

I got my favorites already and these girls can dance too!

Sarah Parton @sarahparton_

A trained dancer with a lot of power and projection. And if you look adorable in the dictionary you find a picture of Sarah in there. Imagine her in the uniform: adorable!

Claire Wolford @clairewolford

Another great dancer that makes dancing effortless and who is an exceptional natural beauty. The fact that she is friends with ROTY DCC Kelcey speaks volumes about her character.

Katy Shaffer @katy.shaffy

Katy was a finalist last year and she was not quite ready then. Charm saw her potential and she is back and trained to the core (like Charm said she would). She is very pretty and her personality is a breath of fresh air.

Madeline Salter @mmadeline.grace

Enough has been said about this wonderful person and dancer. In Francis Ford Coppola's movie Apocalypse Now there was this line about the fact that 'even the jungle wanted Kurtz dead', well in case of Madeline, everyone wants her to make the team, even the AT&T Stadium wants Madeline to make the team. She is intelligent, classy and adorable. I already am #TeamMadelineS.

Gina Marie Campagna @ginamariecampagna

Never has a greater Phoenix metaphor been personified in human history. I hope this applies to Gina Marie this year.

Edited by Pau84
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

yeah she posted on her stories that she got to semis so I would guess that she has chosen to drop out of auditions. 

IMG_2394.jpg

Maybe it's online school???

11 hours ago, Dance4life23 said:

Of these 5, only one has confirmed making it to the next round.  Lots of speculation for Claire, who I seriously doubt would leave college when she only has one year left.  Do we have any confirmation that she and Katy even submitted?  I haven’t seen any.....

From the confirmed ‘I have auditioned’-list only a few have made a follow up and some have even put their insta on private like Cheyanne Hays.

Since there is no info, I thought: I might as well put out my favorites. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

From the confirmed ‘I have auditioned’-list only a few have made a follow up and some have even put their insta on private like Cheyanne Hays.

Since there is no info, I thought: I might as well put out my favorites. 

I might be reading too much into it but for me I feel like putting insta on private is an indication they are moving on to the next round. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 5/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, Kitkatkitty said:

IMG_2394.jpg

As an Elon grad, I have to say that I’m stoked for Madison either way! But her plan for law school could be her backup if she doesn’t make DCC, or if DCC ends up not happening this year bc of COVID. A girl has to plan ahead!

• Love 8
On 5/25/2020 at 11:27 AM, Pksbena1 said:

On 5/25/2020 at 3:46 PM, StarWarner said:

I may be biased as an ASU alum, but Claire is an amazing dancer. She also has a great look.

ASU offers many of their programs fully online, so it's not too far of a stretch for her to go to school online. I'm just surprised if she gives up being on the ASU dance team when they just finished an extremely successful competition season. 

I love her look and skills! And she's HD-ready. We have several Sun Devils in our family, and after so much Wildcat representation on the DCC squad year after year, I'd love to see Claire make the team.

On 5/24/2020 at 11:49 AM, Kitkatkitty said:

Marissa and Jada in their semi-finals outfits 

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

Jada is stunning. And we know how Kelli adores long legs.

• Love 3

I am watching the podcast now. I really wish that the kick line, or at least a set of kicks, was part of the first round. The first girl’s kick height and technique was no where near what it should be for how few they took into Round 2.

8 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

Shannan's instagram is private but this is her, she has the right combo of dark hair and light eyes that Kelli loves. 

Plus Kelli always loves the Arizona girls.

• Love 1
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Here are some of the 30 returning vets 

AEA53D10-480A-4A24-BDD3-D4259A94C5AE.jpeg

Top row: Maddie, Tess, Gina, Lexie, Rachel Alexander, Savannah

Second row: Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Brennan, Brianna, Caroline

Third row: Cicci, Daphne, Tigress Erin, Hannah, Jalyn, Madeline

Bottom row: Rachel Wyatt, Taylor, Amanda, Chandi, Kat, Kelcey

Kristen, Lily, Lisa, Meredith, Taylor and Victoria who are probably on another page, make 30.

So now it is clear and confirmed that Christina and Miranda (Diana actually) are not coming back, together with Amy, Bridget, Alexis, Heather and Molly.

Edited by Pau84
words
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, misskelsinicole said:

I thought the same thing I wonder which vets are on the chopping block? I don’t think she’ll cut Meredith because she has a huge girl crush on her 

She had a big girl crush on Morgan and Brianna and cut both of them, one as a veteran, one in training camp. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I just watched the podcast. I really like the  program they’re using for judging. Beats the heck out of all that paper and all those folders. It should be a good squad, considering the larger pool. And I can’t imagine narrowing down to 69 from 1500.

• Love 2
Just now, Pj3422 said:

I just watched the podcast. I really like the  program they’re using for judging. Beats the heck out of all that paper and all those folders. It should be a good squad, considering the larger pool. And I can’t imagine narrowing down to 69 from 1500.

Now before the virtual interviews they will cut more ladies 

• Useful 1

I just watched the podcast and what I found most interesting is that the majority of the semifinalists have not auditioned before. At some point in the video Kelli shows some of the stats of the girls which shows that only 16% of the semifinalists are reauditioners, which means 11 girls out of 69. I wonder if given that auditions drew in a more widespread group, that they decided to go for new talent rather than girls they have seen before. It would make sense with how many of the girls on other Texas teams got cut before semis. 

I'm still kind of shocked that they took so few through but what Kelli said makes sense, they only want to invite girls to training camp that they can really see on the team because travel and finding a new place to live will be harder and riskier now with covid. I can see them taking a very small group of new girls to training camp this year, like maybe 10 or so. 

As for the threat of cutting a vet, Kelli says the same thing every year just to make sure everyone is bringing their best and to stir up interest for the fans. I can totally see her cutting a vet (cough cough Meredith) if the new girls are all as good as Claire but I doubt it will be more than one. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

Top row: Maddie, Tess, Gina, Lexie, Rachel Alexander, Savannah

Second row: Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Brennan, Brianna, Caroline

Third row: Cicci, Daphne, Tigress Erin, Hannah, Jalyn, Madeline

Bottom row: Rachel Wyatt, Taylor, Amanda, Chandi, Kat, Kelcey

Kristen, Lily, Lisa, Meredith, Taylor and Victoria who are probably on another page, make 30.

So now it is clear and confirmed that Christina and Miranda (Diana actually) are not coming back, together with Amy, Bridget, Alexis, Heather and Molly.

YAY!  I am SO happy that Christina is retiring.  I've been saying from the beginning she shouldn't have made the squad in the first place.  I'm wondering if Kelli "encouraged" her to retire, especially since the incoming group seems to be especially strong, but then again, I've been saying that she's been among the weakest dancers (and possibly performers) for three years and she still somehow made it through all three years.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I just watched the podcast and what I found most interesting is that the majority of the semifinalists have not auditioned before. At some point in the video Kelli shows some of the stats of the girls which shows that only 16% of the semifinalists are reauditioners, which means 11 girls out of 69. I wonder if given that auditions drew in a more widespread group, that they decided to go for new talent rather than girls they have seen before. It would make sense with how many of the girls on other Texas teams got cut before semis. 

I'm still kind of shocked that they took so few through but what Kelli said makes sense, they only want to invite girls to training camp that they can really see on the team because travel and finding a new place to live will be harder and riskier now with covid. I can see them taking a very small group of new girls to training camp this year, like maybe 10 or so. 

As for the threat of cutting a vet, Kelli says the same thing every year just to make sure everyone is bringing their best and to stir up interest for the fans. I can totally see her cutting a vet (cough cough Meredith) if the new girls are all as good as Claire but I doubt it will be more than one. 

So what, did she confirm  essentially that normally she would take girls to TC she wouldn’t “see on the team”?

I guess point and GLs are known already, unless they rotate point again so we’ll have to wait and see who will replace Amy. Triangle too as sadly, none of them retired so we’re in for snoozefest vol.2

• Love 1