Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Is there anyone else you guys know of who auditioned or is auditioning? I feel like It’s radio silence out there. How many rookie candidates have been confirmed, like 5?

On 5/5/2020 at 3:38 PM, Kitkatkitty said:

I found a couple more people confirmed to have auditioned:

Gabriella O'Niel, gabriella.fair:

Jasmin is auditioning again (2018 TCC):

JoleenAmber:

Allison Richardson, alli_richardson

Natalia Silvani, natalia.a.silvani:

I am shocked Jasmine is auditioning AGAIN. She's very pretty but just doesn't have IT and it seems like they don't care for her personally. At some point one needs to bow out gracefully... Maybe i'll be wrong but i'd be okay if she didn't make it...

• Love 7

I think they liked Jazmin's personality just fine--Vikki K declared her one of her "best friends" in training camp her first year, so it seems like she'd be in with TPTB in that regard. I recall Kelli telling her how impressive she was. I think it is more her lack of dance technique and training, as she came from a cheer background. She didn't even know how to point her feet in the splits TC. I just don't know that she can overcome her lack of skill to really compete with the vets. I want to see more WOC on the squad, but as soon as Vikki declared them besties, I admit I've been a little put off by her and didn't mind at all that she didn't make it back.

• Love 3
(edited)

I hope Gina Marie comes back much stronger this year, too! She had a lot of performance personality last year and gorgeous eyes and hair, but she also was in way over her head in terms of skill, experience, and maturity. High school dance team captain to DCC is a tough leap to make. You basically have to have the technique and choreographic memory of a Lacey, Jenna, or Holly. Not many 18-year-olds make this team. (I never have been a Cassie hater, but I don't know that I would count her at the same level). Who are some others? Was Raylee right out of high school? Sydney? I can't remember any recently but might be missing some obvious ones.

Oh, not so recent, but how could I forget: Abbigail Klein! 💡

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Who are some others? Was Raylee right out of high school? Sydney? I can't remember any recently but might be missing some obvious ones.

Raylee, Sydney, Meagan Sharp, Kelsi maybe.....Cassie and Melissa K were 19.  I think sometimes it's not so much age, it's coming into this situation and finding the confidence to deal with it all.  There are those that have been over 18 and couldn't do it their first year.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Really like her! I totally understand why she was cut as early as she was, but she has a very good look and comes across so sweet and kind. Young, but that didn't stop people like Lacy and Holly!

• Love 9

My wishlist for comeback girls in TC this year: 

Tied for 1st: UCLA Katie and Medeline S.

Next: Gina Marie

That's it! If cute Lindsey comes back a much stronger dancer, she'd be a very sweet and probably much loved DCC by her team and fans alike. I'd like to see Gina Marie and Lindsey make the team, but I'd love to see Katie and Madeline S as DCC. I like that I really only have 2 faves/significant hopefuls going into this audition, as that leaves me room to develop a handful of rookie favorites who currently are totally unknown to me and therefore will be kind of fun surprises. I am picturing that, when this airs, I'll be at next-level fatigue of isolation and anything new or exciting will be especially welcome.

I really, really hope that they don't do a media lockdown on camp this summer! I would love to be able to see pictures and peaks at camp while it's going on. It would be nice to have as something fun like training camp to distract/hold my attention during all this stress and scariness.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, M1977G said:

My wishlist for comeback girls in TC this year: 

Tied for 1st: UCLA Katie and Medeline S.

Next: Gina Marie

That's it! If cute Lindsey comes back a much stronger dancer, she'd be a very sweet and probably much loved DCC by her team and fans alike. I'd like to see Gina Marie and Lindsey make the team, but I'd love to see Katie and Madeline S as DCC. I like that I really only have 2 faves/significant hopefuls going into this audition, as that leaves me room to develop a handful of rookie favorites who currently are totally unknown to me and therefore will be kind of fun surprises. I am picturing that, when this airs, I'll be at next-level fatigue of isolation and anything new or exciting will be especially welcome.

I really, really hope that they don't do a media lockdown on camp this summer! I would love to be able to see pictures and peaks at camp while it's going on. It would be nice to have as something fun like training camp to distract/hold my attention during all this stress and scariness.

Totally agree!!! If Katie and Madeline S don't try out again, It will be a shame. I would also love to see Alexandra give it one more shot. I'm really pulling for her.  She genuinely has the heart for it. 

• Love 5

I saw somewhere that Claire Wolford is auditioning.  Girl has definitely had some training. She exhibits lovely flow and control. IMO, there's a HUGE difference between her and Vic.

• Love 22
On 5/4/2020 at 9:22 AM, go4luca said:

I really had hoped Tess would retire.  Apologies to those who like her but she has always bored me to tears.

Has it been noted who is retiring this year?  I have been working too much and cannot keep up.

20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I saw somewhere that Claire Wolford is auditioning.  Girl has definitely had some training. She exhibits lovely flow and control. IMO, there's a HUGE difference between her and Vic.

She is DAMN good!  

Not to be mean, but I don't give a crap if Madeline S ever comes back, I wasn't impressed at all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
58 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Amy Molly Heather Miranda Alexis Bridget Christina 

Amy, Molly, Heather and Alexis were confirmed.
Was there a confirmation from Christina, Bridget and Miranda?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Amy Molly Heather Miranda Alexis Bridget Christina 

Thank you!  So sad about Bridget. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, go4luca said:

She's amazing!  I REALLY hope she makes it, but I could easily see her making Finals/Training Camp and Victoria demanding she be cut because she shows Victoria up.  That would be a VERY hard decision for Kelli to make if it ever comes up because would she keep this gorgeous, talented, amazing dancer on the squad that they really use right about now or does she please the Kalinas and cut the girl?

9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not to be mean, but I don't give a crap if Madeline S ever comes back, I wasn't impressed at all.

You aren't being mean.  Everyone has different tastes.  I hope that Madeline S. impresses you this time around, but I hope that she makes the squad this year as well.  We'll see.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

She's amazing!  I REALLY hope she makes it, but I could easily see her making Finals/Training Camp and Victoria demanding she be cut because she shows Victoria up.  That would be a VERY hard decision for Kelli to make if it ever comes up because would she keep this gorgeous, talented, amazing dancer on the squad that they really use right about now or does she please the Kalinas and cut the girl?

You aren't being mean.  Everyone has different tastes.  I hope that Madeline S. impresses you this time around, but I hope that she makes the squad this year as well.  We'll see.

Better dancers made the squad this year (Kelcey, Amanda) as well as VK. However, they seem to think VK is the best thing since sliced bread so nobody is better than her anyway in Kelli’s eyes certainly. 

Better dancers should inspire you and make you want to be better, even A+++, so VK should want better dancers on the squad so she has to up her game too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Bloody hell, she is goooood. 

I just went through her feed. She has a video of her doing contemporary, jazz and hip hop as her 3 most recent videos and she's amazing in all 3!

She could be my next dance crush after Holly P if she gets on the team. Yes, I know she was trouble in the end but Holly had killer moves and knew how to sell a performance.

I am also very enthusiastic about her! She is just what the squad needs.

And she goes way back with Kelcey!

Edited by Pau84
added how much I like her
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, go4luca said:

She is gorgeous and talented.  I hope the DCC don't say she's too thick.  She looks great to me.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

I am also very enthusiastic about her! She is just what the squad needs.

And she goes way back with Kelcey!

Is Kelcey one of those women (like Emma Stone) who looks amazing with any hair colour?!

DCC is all about connections so hopefully this will help her! Everyone seems to be a friend of a friend on this team. Most normal folk have no chance!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Nelliephant said:

I hope she does well as with Bridget leaving a need a new person to root for!

I'm still salty that Cassidy (ex-dcrb) never made it to training camp

I'd love to see Cassidy get a shot at TC too. I've always thought she was a clean but spunky dancer.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I'd love to see Cassidy get a shot at TC too. I've always thought she was a clean but spunky dancer.

I also felt she would make a good "story" for the show, so I'm surprised she was never featured at all

• Love 4
13 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I have to admit this thought also crossed my mind.  I don't know how far fetched it is, but I really hope T & V don't wield this type of influence.  If they do, it's beyond sad.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

She is gorgeous and talented.  I hope the DCC don't say she's too thick.  She looks great to me.

It would just be delightful if one of them would admit that many of the highly trained dancers have a lot of thigh muscle and quit cutting them for being too thick!  

• Love 10

Anyone know if Bret from last years TC is planning on auditioning again this year? I’d like to see her come back! It appears she cheered for the Niners again last season. 

08DCC784-0B3F-481F-9D7E-312420262221.jpeg

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Opine said:

It would just be delightful if one of them would admit that many of the highly trained dancers have a lot of thigh muscle and quit cutting them for being too thick!  

Yes! I stopped dancing over 10 years ago and I still have muscular thighs. You need strong thighs for ballet/pointe work so I’m proud of mine! 

• Love 7
On 5/8/2020 at 10:22 AM, AAT said:

Totally agree!!! If Katie and Madeline S don't try out again, It will be a shame. I would also love to see Alexandra give it one more shot. I'm really pulling for her.  She genuinely has the heart for it. 

Same! I think making TC last year was huge for her and I hope that she used her experience to truly prepare to come back and make the squad.  Genuine is the perfect word for her and I'm pulling for her right beside you.

• Love 5
On 5/7/2020 at 9:38 PM, M1977G said:

I hope Gina Marie comes back much stronger this year, too! She had a lot of performance personality last year and gorgeous eyes and hair, but she also was in way over her head in terms of skill, experience, and maturity. High school dance team captain to DCC is a tough leap to make. You basically have to have the technique and choreographic memory of a Lacey, Jenna, or Holly. Not many 18-year-olds make this team. (I never have been a Cassie hater, but I don't know that I would count her at the same level). Who are some others? Was Raylee right out of high school? Sydney? I can't remember any recently but might be missing some obvious ones.

Oh, not so recent, but how could I forget: Abbigail Klein! 💡

She reminded me a lot of Maddie her first year in TC.  Pretty, good technical dancer but just really overwhelmed and not able to keep up.  Hopefully she also pulls a Maddie and comes back very strong!  I wasn't wild about her last year but I always root for the comeback girls.

Jasmin as well, I thought she had a cute look and just needed to work on DCC Style.  I follow her in insta, I think she's still good friends with a lot of girls on the team.

• Love 6
(edited)

Unless Texas is wayyyyyyy ahead of other states on reopening I cannot see how they can hold in person auditions or training camp or even have the football season. 

Here in Ky we're in a "phased" reopening.  Right now we're in "Phase 2" of the overall "Economy" and no idea where we are in the reopening of healthcare,

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
hit enter before I finished my thought
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Unless Texas is wayyyyyyy ahead of other states on reopening I cannot see how they can hold in person auditions or training camp or even have the football season.

Edited by Holly85
(edited)
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

We have some resturants opened at 25 percent occupancy along with to go orders certain malls have opened not all tho hair and nail salons have been Giving the ok to open if they want to 

You're in TX?  Here in Ky we don't get hair salons until Memorial Day (my appt is that Tuesday)

Gov Beshear is allowing Churches to reopen on the 20th but with such strict requirements that larger congregations like mine won't be able to comply

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed some wording
(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 1:23 PM, go4luca said:

Okay, she is freaking amazing. Her extensions and technique are perfect, and she's stunning. I hope she makes it. I also really hope UCLA Katie comes back.

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 16
(edited)
6 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Okay, she is freaking amazing. Her extensions and technique are perfect, and she's stunning. I hope she makes it. I also really hope UCLA Katie comes back.

Yeh she is...probably one of the best I've seen since Melissa Wallace, Megan C.  and Holly Powell...I can see her being my next girl crush if she decides to audition!! (and I sincerely hope she does audition!) 🙂 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Yeh she is...probably one of the best I've seen since Melissa Wallace, Megan C.  and Holly Powell...I can see her being my next girl crush if she decides to audition!! (and I sincerely hope she does audition!) 🙂 

These are my 3 fave technical dancers they've ever had!

• Love 6
On 5/9/2020 at 11:10 AM, go4luca said:

I have to admit this thought also crossed my mind.  I don't know how far fetched it is, but I really hope T & V don't wield this type of influence.  If they do, it's beyond sad.

From what I have seen Victoria has never given off the vibe she is better than others ... Gina on the other hand her rookie year sure needed some humble pie ... her telling J&K that growing up other girls were always jealous of her ... that in my mind is self absorbed...not the mention Madeline being the mean girl in the locker room and having the nerve to move her locker without checking with K&J first  .... its a little far reaching to think Victoria has that much power that she can tell J&K who to put on the team and who to cut 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, H3705 said:

From what I have seen Victoria has never given off the vibe she is better than others ... Gina on the other hand her rookie year sure needed some humble pie ... her telling J&K that growing up other girls were always jealous of her ... that in my mind is self absorbed...not the mention Madeline being the mean girl in the locker room and having the nerve to move her locker without checking with K&J first  .... its a little far reaching to think Victoria has that much power that she can tell J&K who to put on the team and who to cut 🙄

I think it’s apples and oranges. Gina def. came off like she knew she was a superior dancer and not humble. VK came off like she already thought she was on the team and could tattle one anyone who didn’t see her already as a vet with privliges. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I think it’s apples and oranges. Gina def. came off like she knew she was a superior dancer and not humble. VK came off like she already thought she was on the team and could tattle one anyone who didn’t see her already as a vet with privliges. 

I never saw that ... when she was called into the office she was always worried that she was disappointing K&J because they expected so much from her...not privilege 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, H3705 said:

Gina has never bothered me.  Plus, having worked in the film industry since 1988, I never trust editing.  As for Vic, things have been shared so not for one minute do I take her for being an innocent angel.

2 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Nailed it.

Edited by go4luca
missing word
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 minute ago, H3705 said:

I never saw that ... when she was called into the office she was always worried that she was disappointing K&J because they expected so much from her...not privilege 

Also Gina came off and she was already on the team and directing the other TCC in her group as if she was a leader talk about self absorbed and she was actually WRONG what she was telling them according to her group leader

Edited by H3705
  • LOL 2

I think Gina realized quickly she needed to act more Texas and be more humble, also that several girls that next year could def keep up with her like Amber, Bridget, Hannah, Caroline, Jalyn, etc. She just needed a dose of reality. 

2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Gina has come a long way since her rookie year.  Judging by comments from her teammates I've seen on SM, she was very well liked as a 2nd GL.  I hope she has healed enough to make it back.  Would love to see her make a 1st GL this year.  I think she's earned it.

Yes yes yes

• Love 18
1 hour ago, H3705 said:

“Fourth time being called in.  Y’all just can’t get enough of me!”

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, H3705 said:

I agree with you regarding Victoria. She seems like a very sweet, young lady and everytime I read comments that Victoria  has power over Kelli and Judy, I just laugh. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Gina was criticized a lot on the boards during her rookie season for her attitude. Her comments about other girls being jealous (i think she said that) and having training that no one else had were completely obnoxious, and she got called out and dropped down a peg by Kelli.

In addition, If Cersten has gotten injured and Gina has been given her spot in the formation as a rookie over more deserving vets, people would’ve complained just as much as they did with VK. The difference between her and VK is that none of that happened. Gina really is one of the best dancers on the team, but she hasn’t been featured nonstop and if anything, she got screwed last year by not being in the triangle while weaker dancers were in front if her. Likewise, she clearly learned the DCC culture and got her act together, and she seems to be a good teammate.

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 18
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Gina was criticized a lot on the boards during her rookie season for her attitude. Her comments about other girls being jealous (i think she said that) and having training that no one else had was completely obnoxious, and she got called out and dropped down a peg by Kelli.

In addition, If Cersten has gotten injured and Gina has been given her spot in the formation as a rookie over more deserving vets, people would’ve complained just as much as they did with VK. The difference between her and VK is that none of that happened. Gina really is one of the best dancers on the team, but she hasn’t been featured nonstop and if anything, she got screwed last year by not being in the triangle while weaker dancers were in front if her. Likewise, she clearly learned the DCC culture and got her act together, and she seems to be a good teammate.

There is one more difference though, Gina even as a rookie was light years ahead of VK. And that’s coming from someone who couldn’t stand her. she would deserve getting bumped up but it would still be a jerk move. VK on the other hand doesn’t deserve the spot she was gifted. 

Not that there’s any chance they would ever let a rookie get a prime spot outside of VK. It’s pretty well documented that rookies need to “know their place” and act like they’re beneath vets. Not Vk though...

• Love 12
(edited)
13 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

There is one more difference though, Gina even as a rookie was light years ahead of VK. And that’s coming from someone who couldn’t stand her. she would deserve getting bumped up but it would still be a jerk move. VK on the other hand doesn’t deserve the spot she was gifted. 

Not that there’s any chance they would ever let a rookie get a prime spot outside of VK. It’s pretty well documented that rookies need to “know their place” and act like they’re beneath vets. Not Vk though...

Absolutely right, and I think that gets to the bottom of it for me. I think that if VK truly was a top notch dancer, there would still be people who would dislike her due to the favoritism, but I do think a good chunk of people would (perhaps grudgingly) give her credit for dance. There are plenty of excellent dancers who were/are controversial on the board for various reasons: Gina, Rachel W, Erica, Mia, Holly P, Jenna, Whitney, Megan C (kinda), Cersten.....yet, most people don’t deny that they all were great dancers who were deserving, based on talent, of being featured. I don’t have a problem with VK. I think she earned her spot this year. What i do have a problem with is being told over and over again that a mediocre dancer is fabulous when I have eyes that tell me otherwise. 

Edited to add Cersten....I don’t how I forgot her!! The girl can dance in spite of issues with her calling herself a nurse.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 21