Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: I Married a Stranger

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

You know, I don't want to believe that but you might be right.  He does seem "too good to be true."  We'll see.

Put me in the "Zach is too good to be true" club.  This guy looks like someone who would be on a soap opera.  Something about him reminds me of Ryan Seacrest. Like Keith last season, I am having a hard time understanding why he had to go this route.  

• Love 17
50 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Their exchange about kid timing (for the record, I'm with Michael) makes me think they're going to butt heads.

Once again, good job experts! You would think that would be on the top of their lists for making matches. 

• Love 9

Everyone seemed so happy at their weddings and then they show the previews for the season, looks like a lot of juicy drama. Which is good because I was dozing off during the last hour because I was bored. Well, except for Katie’s Drunk bridesmaid making an ass out of herself. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

They knew Mindys family was not coming to the wedding. No need to have four empty chairs there for everyone to notice, talk about, and upset Mindy even more. 

No need to have the "son/mother" dance...….when they know there won't be a "father/daughter" dance.

6 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

I feel sorry for the uber-drunk bridesmaid.  

I don't. She got uber-drunk all by herself.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Plus, I thought Michael's two year time frame for having kids was perfectly reasonable. 

I wish they (and people in general) would put a lot more thought into breeding. The world is jam packed with humans, resources are short, we don’t need more offspring. Focus on each other, adopt kids if you must, make sure you have a stable relationship. 

3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

when they know there won't be a "father/daughter" dance.

I was kind of expecting Zach’s father to step up to the plate. Is there a Zach’s Father in this thing? I don’t remember spotting him

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

I was kind of expecting Zach’s father to step up to the plate. Is there a Zach’s Father in this thing? I don’t remember spotting him

Yep, he was there. Gosh his wife (step mother to Zach) definitely looked like she did not want to be there.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

Yes, he was there. They identified a woman shooting daggers with her eyes at Mindy as ‘Zach’s step-mother’. She seemed like a bitch, maybe she wouldn’t let him dance with Mindy. 

• Love 6

Not to be mean, but I think Zach and Mindy are completely mismatched looks-wise. IMO, he's very good looking and, again IMO, she's just not. Beauty can be in the eye of the beholder, but I'd guess that Zach is looking for someone that is more conventionally pretty than Mindy is. 

I think there is truth to the saying that women are attracted to the man they fall in love with and men fall in love with a woman they are attracted to. I just can't see Zach going for Mindy.

• Useful 4
  • Love 16

Ay, yi, yi, the previews don’t bode well for the couples though it’s selective what they show. If my husband or wife was saying fuck you to me, like Katie was, I’d be out of there. She is way too immature to be married. She’s better off with her fuckboi’s.  She just doesn’t have much substance. 

Meka and Michael seemed cold to each other.  If it’s just that she’s still upset about the dress I worry how she’ll deal with other obstacles. 

Finally, next week, we get to see some wedding nights. That’s always interesting to me to see who dives right in. 

The only couple I think that has a prayer of working out is Austin and Jessica. 

• Love 19
54 minutes ago, absolutelyido said:

Not to be mean, but I think Zach and Mindy are completely mismatched looks-wise. IMO, he's very good looking and, again IMO, she's just not. Beauty can be in the eye of the beholder, but I'd guess that Zach is looking for someone that is more conventionally pretty than Mindy is. 

I get what you're saying. I saw a few other girls at the reception that I thought Zach would have been expecting, ie 24 year old blondes.

It's just Mindy's teeth and smile that bug me, (not to be mean) only an opinion. Katie's teeth bug me also.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Zack's stepmom looks like she wants to snap Mindy like a twig.

When everyone at the table was smiling, laughing and animated she appeared to be glaring  at ..... is it Mindy? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, topanga said:

Taylor’s mom Is questioning Brandon like she’s a prosecuting attorney. 

Yes, and I thought he handled it well. You can tell he has some sales experience.

3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Taylor‘s  family did not look impressed when Brandon grabbed a handful of that cake. You could tell they were afraid he was going to smash it in her face. 

I wasn't impressed either. That would have been an instant major point deduction from me.

Kate's bridesmaid was a total trash bag. I felt really bad for Derek having to sit through that.

I am not sure about Zach. He seems very polished and I wouldn't be surprised if his motivation is exposure. 

Meka seems very tightly wound, to put it mildly. 

• Love 20
4 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I think there is truth to the saying that women are attracted to the man they fall in love with and men fall in love with a woman they are attracted to. I just can't see Zach going for Mindy.

I think that saying about men and women is complete phooey. This show alone shows that this is not the case.

It's also amazing to me how men get labeled with the superficial card so often. Men and physical, women are emotional. People are superficial. Everyone is different. Women seem even harsher on looks from what I've seen in the world and on shows like this. Either way, I think people in general are always looking for that initial spark. Sometimes, it looks that give them that. Sometimes it a mental thing. Sometimes it's the confidence they exude. I think so many people are not ready to work beyond the spark or lack thereof. 

• Love 18

Man, I loved the drunk bridesmaid. That one of the most human things I've seen on this show. No playing for the cameras. Not trying to project an image. Just drunk bridesmaid. I know they all just met each other which brings the awkward part but you got to be able to laugh roll with that stuff. I mean, you don't have to. But, that's something you could just laugh off, joke with or whatever. He played it off well. Just be respectful but not too serious.

It would only be a problem for me if this is a pattern. Right now it's presumably open bar at a wedding. That's time to turn up. But, if you are getting plastered and embarrassing every time we chill together, I'm not down for that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Meka is a very pretty woman and I wish she had a better makeup artist in addition to a dress that fit.

I get bad vibes from Zach.  He seems emotionally immature and very focused on being the prettiest person in the room.  Plus I get a vibe that he is incapable of compromising and completely ignorant about that fact about himself.  This is going to be a train wreck.

I don’t know what to think about Brandon.  He seems very different in his segments.  I wonder how much he drank the day of his wedding and if that explains some of the erratic behavior.

The previews for Kate and Derek look very ominous. You don’t pair someone who has lots of big dreams with someone who has one dream - to settle down.  Sheesh.  

Can’t believe how much I like the awkward couple.  They seem to really complement each other and I hope they make it.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ShowFan said:

You nailed it! He must be auditioning for a soap opera role

Or he failed his audition for "The Bachelor" and this was his second choice!

9 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I agree that they are mismatched and that he really wants someone more traditionally attractive, but man, does he have the act down pat!  He kept repeating before and after that he is looking for more than beauty, as if the show made him say that because they warned him that for his 15 minutes of fame he might have to endure being matched to someone that's not that traditionally attractive.  And of course he would endure that and more for his 15 minutes.  Plus they have to make him look sincere, which despite all his trying he doesn't already given how fake he seems.  So what does that say about him already?  I'm sure the "experts" told him to give it a shot, who knows, he might actually fall in love with someone he initially didn't find attractive.  And he said, "Yeah, right sure, whatever".  I feel sorry for Mindy.  She seems like a sweet person that doesn't see the train coming down the tracks.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

I don’t know what to think about Brandon.  He seems very different in his segments.  I wonder how much he drank the day of his wedding and if that explains some of the erratic behavior.

I think Brandon is one of those participants that doesn't realize until he goes through with the wedding that it wasn't what he thought it was going to be, or he wasn't ready for it.  He seems way too intimidated by Taylor and whatever act he thought he could keep up is crumbling under the weight of his fear and stress about what he just did and what might be expected of him that he might not be able to live up to in the coming weeks.  In other words, he's freaking out inside.  I think he is one of those people with false confidence that when under real stress can't maintain enough confidence to even fake it, so the cracks in his facade are starting to show in the form of that erratic, strange behavior.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 4
  • Love 8

The previews for Kate and Derek look very ominous. You don’t pair someone who has lots of big dreams with someone who has one dream - to settle down.  Sheesh.  

I wonder if they'll end up like Tom and Lillian - Very attracted to each other and in love but will have to give it up because of very different life goals.

Can’t believe how much I like the awkward couple.  They seem to really complement each other and I hope they make it.

Yes, Jessica and Austin have a dorky charm together that I find very refreshing and appealing.  I really hope they make it too!

Edited by Yeah No
Oops!
  • Love 12

If Mindy doesn't drop that habit of scrunching up her nose to look "cute," but which just serves to emphasize her big teeth,  it's "Bye-bye, Zach." IMO. 

Mike closed his eyes as he looked down and to the right when he said that he found Mika exactly what he "envisioned." 

I don't have hope for either couple, but especially not Zach and Mindy. *coughfriendscough*

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Michael is the first person to be married in his family...ever? 

Maybe he meant in HIS or his parents' generation.

11 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

He seems disingenuous to me TBH. His mom didn't seem too sure of him either.

He also always looks like he's modeling.

LOL, when he got down on one knee, it looked like he was auditioning.  

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I think that saying about men and women is complete phooey. This show alone shows that this is not the case.

It's also amazing to me how men get labeled with the superficial card so often. Men and physical, women are emotional. People are superficial. Everyone is different. Women seem even harsher on looks from what I've seen in the world and on shows like this. Either way, I think people in general are always looking for that initial spark. Sometimes, it looks that give them that. Sometimes it a mental thing. Sometimes it's the confidence they exude. I think so many people are not ready to work beyond the spark or lack thereof. 

I think some of the difference is that while women might be even harsher on looks, what they actually find attractive can stray further away from the traditionally attractive than men, on the average.  In other words, they can kiss a frog and if there's that something-something spark in his kiss or his smell or personality all combined he suddenly looks like a handsome prince even if before that she would never ever find him attractive on a purely physical level.  With men, it's more often that what they find attractive is what they find attractive and personality won't make them bend their standards as much, whatever they are.  OK, maybe a little but not as much as with women.  Not saying that they have to have traditionally attractive women, but that they are less able to kiss a female frog and have her turn into a princess.  Either she's beautiful to him on a purely physical level from the get-go or forget it.  The spark they feel comes more from physical type than for women.  Personality only adds to it.  That said, men run the gamut on what their purely physical preferences are.  Mr. Yeah No likes short shapely brunettes and is pretty forgiving on the weight issue (thank goodness because that describes me, LOL).  But that just happens to be his physical type.  He would NEVER go gaga over a tall leggy blonde no matter how wonderful she might be as a person.  I find that amazing because I have found all sorts of men attractive depending on their personalities and that "spark" of chemistry in other ways between us.  Tall, short, blonde, brunette, heavy, thin, you name it.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I wonder if they'll end up like Tom and Lillian - Very attracted to each other and in love but will have to give it up because of very different life goals.

So, fundamentally incompatible and shouldn't have been matched?

54 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

If Mindy doesn't drop that habit of scrunching up her nose to look "cute," but which just serves to emphasize her big teeth,  it's "Bye-bye, Zach." IMO. 

OMG thank you, her scrunched-up face was irking me. She did it constantly. She does it when she laughs and she appears to be a nervous laugher, so there was a lot of this going on.

I missed most of this episode (I turned it on late and then I switched to some breaking news before MAFS ended) so I didn't see the preview. We really did not need four hours for these weddings.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

11 hours ago, OnTime said:

I get what you're saying. I saw a few other girls at the reception that I thought Zach would have been expecting, ie 24 year old blondes.

It's just Mindy's teeth and smile that bug me, (not to be mean) only an opinion. Katie's teeth bug me also.

10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t think Zach likes Mindy but at least he’s at least putting up a good act. 
Sounds like both families have issues. 

7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

It's funny how there is a lid for every pot and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do not find Zach attractive in the least.  To me, he looks bloated and greasy. I would actually be disappointed if I found him waiting for me down the aisle and I think Mindy is better looking than him.  

Again, not trying to be argumentative, I actually agree with what you are saying that Zach definitely thinks he deserves a beauty queen.

2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think some of the difference is that while women might be even harsher on looks, what they actually find attractive can stray further away from the traditionally attractive than men, on the average.  In other words, they can kiss a frog and if there's that something-something spark in his kiss or his smell or personality all combined he suddenly looks like a handsome prince even if before that she would never ever find him attractive on a purely physical level.  With men, it's more often that what they find attractive is what they find attractive and personality won't make them bend their standards as much, whatever they are.  OK, maybe a little but not as much as with women.  Not saying that they have to have traditionally attractive women, but that they are less able to kiss a female frog and have her turn into a princess.  Either she's beautiful to him on a purely physical level from the get-go or forget it.  The spark they feel comes more from physical type than for women.  Personality only adds to it.  That said, men run the gamut on what their purely physical preferences are.  Mr. Yeah No likes short shapely brunettes and is pretty forgiving on the weight issue (thank goodness because that describes me, LOL).  But that just happens to be his physical type.  He would NEVER go gaga over a tall leggy blonde no matter how wonderful she might be as a person.  I find that amazing because I have found all sorts of men attractive depending on their personalities and that "spark" of chemistry in other ways between us.  Tall, short, blonde, brunette, heavy, thin, you name it.

I totally agree with this post. If a women is on the fence about a guy's looks...personality, charm, and confidence can totally win them over. On the other hand, a good looking guy can lose a gal by being a dud in the personality department (which is kind of happening for me with Brandon).

However, if a man does not like you as a lady, you are going to have a hard time to convince him to change his mind. I have seen some very nice looking women be rejected by men because they were not "their type". I have also seen some average looking men become real "lady killers" solely based on their personality and confidence.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 13

I am such a child of divorce — I thought Zach's step-mom was just pissed because the Mom and Dad were so clearly enjoying sort of (for lack of a better term) co-parenting Zach and getting to know Mindy at his wedding. Step-mom was totally intimidated by that and I thought even seemed jealous of Mom. Regardless of the details, she has an ENORMOUS stick up her butt. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 13

There is nothing remotely  "bloated" about Zach,  as his flat abdomen before he buttoned his tux showed. 

He and Mindy might make it,  because sometimes pretty men do well with a less pretty and even big-toothed wife. Remember Dan and Marilyn Quayle?

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Ay, yi, yi, the previews don’t bode well for the couples though it’s selective what they show. If my husband or wife was saying fuck you to me, like Katie was, I’d be out of there. She is way too immature to be married. She’s better off with her fuckboi’s.  She just doesn’t have much substance. 

I always wonder how much of this is "producer created".  Each season is there more and more of it. 

Last season pushed it and likely there will more this season.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

There is nothing remotely  "bloated" about Zach,  as his flat abdomen before he buttoned his tux showed.

The only things about Zach that are bloated are his cheeks and his ego.

14 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

He and Mindy might make it,  though,  because sometimes pretty men do well with a less pretty and even big-toothed wife. Remember Dan and Marilyn Quayle?

I don't think he's deep enough to look past her appearance.  He may try but he will likely fail.  Plus there's more to the mismatch than appearance.  They seem to be poorly matched personality-wise too.  I could be wrong but that's how they strike me right now.

• Love 4

Sometimes I think he acts like a little kid, especially when he grabbed the wedding cake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

He and Mindy might make it,  because sometimes pretty men do well with a less pretty and even big-toothed wife. Remember Dan and Marilyn Quayle?

I don't mean his body. His face is not attractive to me in the least but I am sure many women would consider him to be an extremely good looking guy. He probably has women telling him that everyday at the gym.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4

The tattoos.  Does anyone really want to see tattoos on a bride? I could see the tattoo through Mindy's dress on her back.

I've been trying to check who has tattoos.  Can anyone help for the "not sure" ones?

Katie-yes/Derek-not sure

Taylor-not sure/Brandon-yes

Jessica-not sure/Austin-not sure

Meka-yes/Michael-not sure

Mindy-yes/Zack-need I ask?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I would be shocked if Zach didn't have tattoos.

Tattoos are really mainstream. I know more people with them than without. All ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, occupations, races, etc. One of the librarians at my local branch is a white woman I would guess to be in her late 60s or early 70s and she has at least one on her ankle. I was in my gym's locker room a couple of weeks ago and saw another woman over 60 as she was changing. She had one on her butt.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

How producer engineered was it for Jessica and Mindy to "run into each other" in the same bathroom so they could scream and hug? One of them even mentioned being upstairs or downstairs, so wasn't there a bathroom on that floor? So stupid - especially since these are the two women I can't tell apart. But, I did like the dresses. It sure looks like there is a lot of drama coming and no one seems immune to it. My prediction for wedding night bliss is 3/5 will go for it. I think we already saw Katie and Derek in the afterglow. (I think it's Derek - haven't learned them all yet)

I think we need to create a MAFS BINGO card with the phrases we just can't get enough of - My wife, My husband, Leap of Faith, The Experts, Our Journey, etc.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I may be wrong but the vibe that I get from Zack is that he's a phony. Everything he says comes across as scripted and carefully crafted to make himself look good. 

I kept wondering how many other reality tv shows he's tried out for. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

Zach was ready for anyone. I wanted someone to tell him he could work off script too. Maybe he'll get better at ad-libbing on the honeymoon.

Mindy was gobbling up the BS & smiling so hard she might've burst a few blood vessels.

Michael: "I love natural hair & get excited whenever I see it."  Cut to Meka & her smoothed out look - same editors who panned to Austin last week after Jessica said she likes dark haired men.

I'll be able to judge how I feel about Jessica when she stops acting like a loon. Maybe she can help Austin with his hair game.

Every season I get tired of the "I'm a wife!" & "I've got a husband!" The men do it too but seems less than the women. The women act like they've won a prize instead of just blindly married a stranger on teevee. Calm down people, & buckle up...

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 14

Sure. Just in my experience, I've met a lot more women that are only interested in one type of guy looks wise and will dismiss anything else. Or they are looking for a bad boy which just make me roll my eyes. A lot of people are just superficial creatures no matter what they say. With women I like to say that many women give lip service to the notion that looks don't matter it's the personality but the reality is that they rather have that personality in a good looking shell than not. Which would lead them to look for the better overall package. Bottom line, I wouldn't hear anywhere near as many women complaining about no good men being out there if looks didn't matter. I'm not judging. I just wish there was more honesty out there about dating and what people really want. 

Also, all these dating apps and sites make dating like a game or like your shopping on Amazon trying to find the best possible product you want or the best price. It may be the worst time ever to try and be out there dating. Which is why I understand people going to extremes like this show no matter how they look. I also understand the record number of people these days are like, nah I'm good being single. No need to date or anything else. 

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Sometimes I think he acts like a little kid, especially when he grabbed the wedding cake.

I just think his attempts at being fun or playful really do not land.

• Love 5

Zach, the faking faker did everything except break out in song at the alter....perhaps he could have done a little soft shuffle and a big TA-DA! finish....

Zachy's best angle is the slow Chippendale removal of his shirt accentuating his back and shoulders...we can anticipating Zach finding a reason to doff his top every week....

Zach has a whole sleeve of tats, we saw that when he had on the black V neck t shirt at the Blue Tux Shoppe

Hope Mindy is not pathologically afraid of her hub's 2 doggies...shout out to Miami's Sonia and Nick....

• Love 9

Sure, Brandon grabbed a chunk of cake, but he didn't do the "traditional" smushing of it into the bride's face, which apparently many people have no problems with.

Zach doffing his top every week? Waiter, make that a double! 😉

I think trouble looms for a bossy Meka. 

So far, Mindy, Katie, and Jessica seem more attracted to their respective spouses than their hubbies do.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Sure, Brandon grabbed a chunk of cake, but he didn't do the "traditional" smushing of it into the bride's face, which apparently many people have no problems with.

Just imagine if he did that seeing as everything Brandon does is wrong somehow.

As a side note, I do concur that Zach seems phony as hell. He just doesn't even feel like a real human being. Like he's a robotic sex doll or something. No personality just platitudes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Empress1 said:
49 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I would be shocked if Zach didn't have tattoos.

Oh, Zack is covered in tattoos. I was being sarcastic!!

• LOL 4

Zach is giving me Stepford Husband energy. Is he even real? He sounds like a hybrid of The Bachelor meets Lifetime meets Hallmark Channel. He's just too perfect and too quick to stick to the script. Where did they recruit him from? What is he auditioning for? Is he a thespian in his spare time? Yet everything he said and did was hollow as an empty can of coffee!

• LOL 2
  • Love 11