Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: I Married a Stranger

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Sure, Brandon grabbed a chunk of cake, but he didn't do the "traditional" smushing of it into the bride's face, which apparently many people have no problems with.

Dear future husband: you bet' not smash cake in my face! Professional makeup jobs are expensive!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

How producer engineered was it for Jessica and Mindy to "run into each other" in the same bathroom so they could scream and hug? One of them even mentioned being upstairs or downstairs, so wasn't there a bathroom on that floor?

It was like two teenage girls at the prom! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10

I think mindy is a very sweet , bubbly person . She’d probably make a great friend . 
she was just a little TOO happy and obsessive with Zack and I’m thinking .. why don’t you wait until you get to know him before you jump up and down thanking God for your match . There’s optimistic and then there’s Mindy. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
On 1/16/2020 at 9:33 AM, Empress1 said:

We really did not need four hours for these weddings.

It could have been done in two hours without all the slow motion scenes!

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

It's funny how there is a lid for every pot and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do not find Zach attractive in the least.  To me, he looks bloated and greasy. I would actually be disappointed if I found him waiting for me down the aisle and I think Mindy is better looking than him.

Thank you for this.  I think his features are attractive, but as a whole not so much.  Even though he is this buff fitness guy, there is something mousy and not very confident about him.  I think it’s because he often does this thing where he tilts his head down and then he is peeking up at you, reminds me of a young girl.  Contrast that to Derek who looks you straight in the eye and has a sexy confidence.  I’m sure I’ll get skewered for this, but Mindy reminds me of an early Amal Clooney (she’s been so made over now it wouldn’t be fair to compare her to a non-celebrity) in that she is very pretty in a non cookie cutter way.  At least when she isn’t wrinkling her nose.  She needs to find a way to stop doing that because it is unattractive.

• Love 9

That nasty step mother!  What was her problem!  She is very unattractive compared to the mother/ex wife!  I'll be looking forward to seeing her at the after the wedding night breakfast!

Is Zack short or is Mindy tall.  They really fit into each other.  I'm wishing good things for her.  She seemed so happy!

• Love 6

I went from skeptical of Zach, to smitten with him, to guarded again by the end of the episode. Did not like the post-ceremony selfie, but he seemed sympathetic and good at listening. I agree that I expected him to openly want a blonde gym bunny, so it warmed me to hear him gush over Mindy's looks. And forgive me for sounding like the gullible and lonely 28-year-old that I am, but Christ, he's hot as fuck, to me. I know, I know, I'm such a Katie. But between that smile and the kind eyes and the intense listening, it'd be game over. Mindy also seems like a fundamentally sad person who's desperate for attention. Looks like they're headed the way of Matt/Amber. The whole boning her friend and lying about it thing doesn't really seem like something they can survive. Better her than me! Here's hoping the dick will be worth the emotional trauma.

Brandon rebounded slightly for me. He still seems out there and I have a feeling a lot of their marriage will be Taylor pulling teeth. But they did seem much more into each other when he sobered up by the end of the wedding.

Discount Ashton continues to bring the charm. He handled Wasted Bridesmaid very tactfully. And while I could've done without the vigorous hand gestures and she definitely puked everywhere 5 minutes after that scene, her trainwreck heart was in the right place - never trust a man who won't go downtown!!! 😉 With that said, he disappointed me in the previews. Katie sucks ass and fights like a 14-year-old, but a man calling his wife a bitch is never a good look.

Meka and Michael seem doomed because she's too immature for him (but one of those people who thinks they're hypermature for their age and constantly congratulating themselves for it - the smugness makes it much worse imo) and being incredibly rigid and anal about timelines with a stranger is a recipe for disaster.

Austin and Jessica are just awkward enough to work.

• Love 16

Is this the first season where all the girls were attracted to the guys right off the bat ? They all seemed genuinely happy .. whereas the guys all say the girls are beautiful but their faces look pained while saying it ( minus Derek ) 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, Treehugger9 said:

Did anyone else catch that when Zach was talking to the bridesmaids at a table he asked them to spill embarrassing secrets about Mindy and then gave wearing flats as an example of an embarrassing secret for a woman? That told me everything I need to know about how he views women as trophies. As a woman, if someone asked me for an embarrassing secret about myself it would never even occur to me that wearing flats could fall into that category! 

LOL considering Mindy looked taller than Zach.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think some of the difference is that while women might be even harsher on looks, what they actually find attractive can stray further away from the traditionally attractive than men, on the average.  In other words, they can kiss a frog and if there's that something-something spark in his kiss or his smell or personality all combined he suddenly looks like a handsome prince even if before that she would never ever find him attractive on a purely physical level.  With men, it's more often that what they find attractive is what they find attractive and personality won't make them bend their standards as much, whatever they are.  OK, maybe a little but not as much as with women.  Not saying that they have to have traditionally attractive women, but that they are less able to kiss a female frog and have her turn into a princess.  Either she's beautiful to him on a purely physical level from the get-go or forget it. 

I agree with this completely. I think women are able to change from unattracted to attracted the more they get to know someone, but I think for men if they aren't attracted, they aren't attracted, and no sparkling personality or charm is going to change that. I think it's more black and white for guys.

2 hours ago, OnTime said:

The tattoos.  Does anyone really want to see tattoos on a bride? I could see the tattoo through Mindy's dress on her back.

I actually liked the little peek of tattoos - they looked like birds and I thought it looked charming. Tattoos are everywhere now. I got my first one last year on my 47th birthday and I'm getting another on the 30th of this month. It's just not a big deal anymore. I view it as wearable art that has personal meaning to the individual.

• Love 15

Re: The relative attractiveness of Zach and Mindy. My husband (a fifty yo man) said Mindy is the only woman this season he finds attractive, so I would not be surprised if Zach does find her pretty. I think Zach is handsome, but it's obvious he knows it. He comes off as so phony to me. I liked him getting on one knee and the post ceremony selfie was cute, but the constant winking is so douchey. He seems completely disingenuous. She seems so damaged, this just makes me sad that she is putting herself up for more heartbreak.

Meka and Michael are just as painful to watch as Taylor and Brandon. I get Will and Jasmine vibes for sure - quietly obstinate guy with pushy woman who wants her own way. I don't see this going well.

Austin and Jessica are still my number one for making it. He really, really needs to do something about that hair. He looked super sweaty and greasy when he was talking to the bridesmaids.

Right now Katie and Derek are cute, but the previews look terrible. I don't know what to think, except they are too young and immature for this nonsense. Her drunk girlfriend is going to be super embarrassed when she sees this. Or maybe she's like Beth form last season and DGAF, in which case I expect her to be cackling over it thinking it's funny. Super classy.........

I do not like Brandon. He talks like he's stoned. I think they are the worst match so far this season. This episode did not do anything to change my mind from last episode that he is not the brightest bulb.

• Love 6

So I continue to love Derek.  Katie's dad clearly liked him.  Katie and her drunk bridesmaid obviously both want to jump him.  I think he handled the oh-so-scripted sit down with Katie's bridesmaids well.  I hate that the producers do that crap.  It's embarrassing all around.  Nobody's business whether they get busy or not.

If Brandon had smashed that cake into Taylor's face he would have gone to the very bottom for me.  I hate that shit.  Brides generally spend time and money getting their hair and makeup done, not to mention their dress, so to potentially destroy that with cake in the face is tacky and basic.  

When Taylor was telling Brandon's mom "how much" they had in common, I thought of Jennifer Coolidge's character in Best in Show, describing what she and her geriatric husband had in common:  We both like soup, we both like peas.  We can spend hours talking . . . or not talking.  Okay, Taylor.

Meka is ridiculous.  Girl, you're 25 years old.  If you wait 2 years, you're not going to be the "old" mom.  Shit, if you wait 5 years, you're not going to be the "old" mom.  You've been married like 10 minutes.  Slow your ride.  You need to get to know Michael and spend time with him before you think about reproducing.  

I mean, I can understand Katie wanting to be on the fast track because she said her health condition can make conceiving more difficult as you age but Meka needs to chill.

Speaking of Katie, she strikes me as the type who will fall hard and fast for anyone she has physical contact with.  So she will probably be writing Katie & Derek with little hearts on everything the morning after the wedding and she's married to someone who's never been in love before.  What could go wrong?  

Mindy -- I have a bad feeling she's going to get her heart shredded.  From the previews, I'm going to guess that Zach and one of her friends went out/hooked up, etc., with Zach saying it didn't happen and her friend saying it did.    

At this point, I think Jessica and Austin have the best chance of making it.  They are very well suited, they both seem to like each other as far as appearance and personality-wise.  The preview showing an "argument" over Austin going out of town for week seems like manufactured drama.  I hope I'm right.  

My favorite part of the episode was Jess and Mindy running into each other in the ladies' room.  Yeah, totally scripted but I think their excitement and joy was genuine.

Two hours from MAFS and we're still not fully on the wedding nights?  Come on, show!  

So who did the deed on the wedding night?  My guess is Mindy and Zach and Katie and Derek. 

• Love 13
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is Zack short or is Mindy tall.  They really fit into each other.  I'm wishing good things for her.  She seemed so happy!

Ya think? LOL Her face must've been hurting that evening.

32 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I think women are able to change from unattracted to attracted the more they get to know someone, but I think for men if they aren't attracted, they aren't attracted, and no sparkling personality or charm is going to change that. I think it's more black and white for guys.

Then this show is more nonsensical than ever, because they can't predict how he'll be with her looks ahead of time, even if they do choose someone more his type. They can pick 'types', but no one can predict chemistry, so that's the inherent problem with going in blindly like this.

I've noticed some of the women getting really caught up if the guy is attractive to her. Some of them just cannot dial it back enough to try to get to know the guy at least a bit, before getting overly excited. For all they know the 'hottie' they're gushing over could have 3 side chicks, a raging STD, or just be an all around crappy person. I always want to go into full Cher Moonstruck mode with those brides - *slap... SLAP*  "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

He seems disingenuous to me TBH. His mom didn't seem too sure of him either.

He also always looks like he's modeling.

He's got great hair, I'll give him that. But I didn't necessarily think it was a good sign that his love for his hair was mentioned during the 'what you should know about your new husband' bit during the ceremony.

I'm getting a Jesse Katsopolis vibe from him. *tilts head, gazes intently, runs fingers through hair* He'd be the type to use one of those windshield contraptions that Jesse invented to keep hairspray from getting on his face and in his eyes. Yep, pretty sure. 

16 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Taylor‘s  family did not look impressed when Brandon grabbed a handful of that cake. You could tell they were afraid he was going to smash it in her face. 

That was very Cookie Monster of him. "Me love cake! Cake so good! Must eat cake!" *nom, nom, nom* 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

[Zach's father] was there. They identified a woman shooting daggers with her eyes at Mindy as ‘Zach’s step-mother’. She seemed like a bitch, maybe she wouldn’t let him dance with Mindy. 

I wondered about that.  I can't believe they had her sitting up at that table by herself.  It would have been the most gracious thing in the world for Zach's father to go up there and say, "May I have this dance?" 

In fact, I thought for a minute her sister might come up and ask her to dance, but that may have been way too out there. 

Regardless, I loved the sister.  I don't know if she was genuinely enthusiastic about Mindy being on the show, or if she was just acting up a storm, but either way, I think it's exactly what Mindy needed since nobody else in her family came.  Kudos to her.

15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Finally, next week, we get to see some wedding nights. That’s always interesting to me to see who dives right in.

But I bristle at how it's almost always the default that the guy wants to have sex, but will defer to what the girl wants.  It just grates.

2 hours ago, Treehugger9 said:

Did anyone else catch that when Zach was talking to the bridesmaids at a table he asked them to spill embarrassing secrets about Mindy and then gave wearing flats as an example of an embarrassing secret for a woman? That told me everything I need to know about how he views women as trophies.

I didn't quite hear what was said.  I thought the "wearing flats" comment had to do with his asking if she was the type to trip all the time, and maybe even while wearing flats.

1 hour ago, Ilovepie said:

Tattoos are everywhere now. I got my first one last year on my 47th birthday and I'm getting another on the 30th of this month. It's just not a big deal anymore. I view it as wearable art that has personal meaning to the individual.

Whenever I see a mug shot of some person with visible tattoos, I think, "Thank you for branding yourself for my convenience."

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
Just now, StatisticalOutlier said:

Whenever I see a mug shot of some person with visible tattoos, I think, "Thank you for branding yourself for my convenience."

Ha! The thing is though, all of the people I know with tattoos are not criminals (including myself!). It's just so mainstream now. Shoot, I went with my 63 yo coworker when I got my first last year, and she got one too! My Aunt that is in her mid-sixties just got two tattoos at Thanksgiving. They are on everyone and all generations.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I've noticed some of the women getting really caught up if the guy is attractive to her. Some of them just cannot dial it back enough to try to get to know the guy at least a bit, before getting overly excited.

I agree. Jamie was bashed for not finding Doug attractive. 

Why are the people given a free pass when they find the person attractive and bashed when they don't?

So Ryan Season 2 looked great at first sight, Doug not so much. Think about which one of them is the good guy .

But isn't this show based on looks to a degree? Good or not so good?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 8

I think Jamie was bashed for not finding Doug attractive because she acted like she wanted the whole world to know.  She basically pitched a hissy fit on national television and it was not a good look.  It was also embarrassing for Doug, which she selfishly didn't consider.    

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

He is short! That hair adds a good couple of inches to him. I can't remember how much difference there was in Mindy's and Jessica's height in the washroom, but we know Jessica is about 5"11. Figure skaters are generally petite, so that's another possible indication.

• Love 4

I think Zach is attracting per MAFS standards where we get a lot of ordinary looking people, but I don’t find the “trying too hard” persona and appearance attractive. 
Mindy is thin and apparently active but she doesn’t look fit to me. Probably poor nutrition. She looks like she smokes but I’m sure that would be a dealbreaker to Zach. Dem veins be popping, that’s for sure..

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Mindy is thin and apparently active but she doesn’t look fit to me. Probably poor nutrition. She looks like she smokes but I’m sure that would be a dealbreaker to Zach. Dem veins be popping, that’s for sure..

Yes, I watch figure skating and the female skaters look painfully thin and they do suffer from poor nutrition.  Some of them, including some of the male skaters, have discussed this in interviews. 

I don't know if Mindy smokes, but she looks like she could break her hip at any time.

• Love 5

I would have been so out of there after Brandon grabbed/smashed the cake.  Who does that?  Someone who desperately wants to be the center of attention and thinks he is funnier than he is.  I was right there with Taylor's family and their disapproval of that move.  I also felt that Taylor didn't quite know how to react so did the best she could and ate the cake from his hand.  Nothing like putting your new wife in an awkward situation.

While tattoos may be mainstream (although not everyone has them), I would imagine it could be embarrassing if the first time your spouse sees you they are offended by one/more of the tattoos.  They are married at first sight, but that sight does not include what's under their clothing.  I don't think we've seen that yet with this show, but it could be interesting for us as viewers.

• Love 5

Zach pulled a Luke and used his hair, specifically a pompadour to gain some height...

Zach is masterful at the "grand gestures" and Mindy is loving them....when he laid her on the honeymoon bed, Mins was living her rom com fantasy... my eyes rolled out of my head and under the sofa....

Derek and Austin are adorkable.

Jury is still out on Michael and Brandon....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I think Jamie was bashed for not finding Doug attractive because she acted like she wanted the whole world to know.  She basically pitched a hissy fit on national television and it was not a good look.  It was also embarrassing for Doug, which she selfishly didn't consider.    

I honestly don’t know how he wanted to be with her after the way she acted . That alone would have turned me off from the person . You are going on a show to get married and know damn well that you might not be attracted to the person , yet complain the entire time that you’re not attracted to them . Jamie has a very annoying way of speaking . And I’m very unsure why she is the spokesperson for this franchise . There’s been other , more tolerable people who are still married from this show . Why not give them a try ? 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

I don't mean his body. His face is not attractive to me in the least but I am sure many women would consider him to be an extremely good looking guy. He probably has women telling him that everyday at the gym.

Like him or not, Zach is a good looking guy...and, he knows it.  Mindy seems to be a very nice lady, but she is no great beauty.  Zach strikes me as the type who would want a woman he can show off.  Arm candy, if you will.  Someone upthread mentioned him as The Bachelor. Based on the fact that he told Mindy he is not attracted to her, those ladies are probably more his type.  

Based on the previews, all the couples seem to have a lot of drama.  Mike and Meka remind me of Will and Jasmine.  I believe the only couple that is going to make it is Austin and Jessica.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Whoa, I must have missed that.  When did he tell Mindy that last night?

During "Super Nanny", they aired some coming attractions.  One scene showed Mindy saying that Zach told her he was not attracted to her.  He most likely told her this when the cameras weren't around.  Shades of Molly and Jon (Boston).

Edited by Adeejay
Super Nanny and The Nanny are two different shows
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2

Maybe I wasn’t paying close attention but so far I didn’t see anyone do anything that makes them an awful person. Brandon mentioned being an anxious person and I can relate. Sometimes us anxious people try too hard to appear to be having fun and it backfires.

I thought Meka had the prettiest dress even if it didn’t fit right. She looked unhappy until the reception. Michael seems kind of quiet. I like Derek but something about Katie is unlikable but I have to withhold judgement for now.

On  a shallow note, I think Katie and Austin are both unattractive, but their spouses seem to like them. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

During "The Nanny", they aired some coming attractions.  One scene showed Mindy saying that Zach told her he was not attracted to her.  He most likely told her this when the cameras weren't around.  Shades of Molly and Jon (Boston).

*Off to watch my recorded "The Nanny"!*

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Jamie was a total bitch.  She actually knelt down and cried.  She treated him as though he were Quasimodo. I felt sorry for Doug and his family.  I believe the reason she overcame that was because the producers promised her the moon to carry on.  If Doug had some pride, he would have walk away.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Doug is the biggest winner of MAFS...he  looks absolutely the same from Day 1 but in Jamie's mind's eye he went from Stranger Toad into her Prince Charming...

He provides drone bee service, hands her his balls...happily letting her carry the spear and the water when he is "between jobs"

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Jamie was a total bitch.  She actually knelt down and cried.  She treated him as though he were Quasimodo. I felt sorry for Doug and his family.  I believe the reason she overcame that was because the producers promised her the moon to carry on.  If Doug had some pride, he would have walk away.

Absolutely ! I guarantee once she thought about all she can gain with the show ( hosting gigs , etc ), her mind quickly changed . 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, ramble said:

Brandon lost me last week and the cake grab and the garter growl didn’t bring me back. I don’t see them meshing no matter what either of them say. 

No kidding - I hoped he would calm down once they got into the reception and we could see more of the charming guy he initially seemed to be but he just continued to be cringey. That really bummed me out.

8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

If Mindy doesn't drop that habit of scrunching up her nose to look "cute," but which just serves to emphasize her big teeth,  it's "Bye-bye, Zach." IMO. 

THIS!! She looked like such a goober every time she did that, but you could tell she thought it was adorable. The scrunch paired with her Goofy-esque guffawing made her very off-putting to me. I usually find the editing on this show to be obnoxious, but I loved when super-sincere and not at all scripted Zach was going on and on about her being so beautiful and that she seems "wildly intelligent," followed by a shot of her with that big toothy grin, honking with laughter. I also thought she looked quite a bit older than she really is at the wedding, but that could have just been due to her harsher than usual makeup. If someone told me she was 50 I wouldn't bat an eye.

I was intrigued by the fact that Zach's sister appeared to be "big a little bit" (to quote another train wreck show I watch) because it made me wonder if he got so into fitness as a way to combat some natural chubbiness genes he might have. That might explain why he seems so poised and "on" all the time - he's actually very insecure so he needs to put on that persona. Just a thought. (I myself am big a little bit, while my two brothers are quite muscular but have to work very hard to maintain their physiques. When they get lazy, they get chubbo, too. 😁)

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

During "The Nanny", they aired some coming attractions.  One scene showed Mindy saying that Zach told her he was not attracted to her.  He most likely told her this when the cameras weren't around.  Shades of Molly and Jon (Boston).

I think Mindy is pretty! Many of you do not think so. While Zach is attractive to some, he is not my type. 

• Love 12
20 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I may be wrong but the vibe that I get from Zack is that he's a phony. Everything he says comes across as scripted and carefully crafted to make himself look good. 

He said earlier something like, "I want to be the kind of husband that everyone in the crowd knows is the best husband" so I see him just acting like how he thinks the "best husband" would act.  I fell bad because Mindy seemed so happy, but I'm not buying it.

16 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

I wish she’d had a better make-up artist. 😒 

Is Mindy what’s referred to as a “handsome woman?”

Haha I always think of a "handsome woman" as someone more masculine, like Bea Arthur.  I think the word you are looking for is "butterface".  Although it seems to me that for most guys - being tall and thin makes up for having a plain face.  Zach is short and IMO needs a haircut; he may disagree but I think Mindy is attractive enough for him.

4 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Is this the first season where all the girls were attracted to the guys right off the bat ? They all seemed genuinely happy .. whereas the guys all say the girls are beautiful but their faces look pained while saying it ( minus Derek ) 

And his wife is the least attractive of all 😄 

Edited by princelina
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, sometimesjennifer said:

No kidding - I hoped he would calm down once they got into the reception and we could see more of the charming guy he initially seemed to be but he just continued to be cringey. That really bummed me out.

THIS!! She looked like such a goober every time she did that, but you could tell she thought it was adorable. The scrunch paired with her Goofy-esque guffawing made her very off-putting to me. I usually find the editing on this show to be obnoxious, but I loved when super-sincere and not at all scripted Zach was going on and on about her being so beautiful and that she seems "wildly intelligent," followed by a shot of her with that big toothy grin, honking with laughter. I also thought she looked quite a bit older than she really is at the wedding, but that could have just been due to her harsher than usual makeup. If someone told me she was 50 I wouldn't bat an eye.

I was intrigued by the fact that Zach's sister appeared to be "big a little bit" (to quote another train wreck show I watch) because it made me wonder if he got so into fitness as a way to combat some natural chubbiness genes he might have. That might explain why he seems so poised and "on" all the time - he's actually very insecure so he needs to put on that persona. Just a thought. (I myself am big a little bit, while my two brothers are quite muscular but have to work very hard to maintain their physiques. When they get lazy, they get chubbo, too. 😁)

Now, now; don't be coy. We're pretty much all fans of "90DF," I dare say! 😎

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Wow. Just saw the Zach/Mindy preview. Bad. He's sitting on the edge of the bed (voice-over: "It's not gonna work.") while she hurriedly leaves crying. Then Mindy says to the camera, "How can I go back to that room; he said "I'm not feeling any kind of attraction to you and what do you want me to do about that?" 😮

But hey---Zach was bare-chested! 😆

• LOL 4

I can't believe I forgot to mention my fave quote from last night!  Zach's dad referred to Mindy's outer beauty in addition to her good personality as the "crouton on the salad" rather than the icing on the cake. I don't think I had heard that one before, but I am totally gonna start using it.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

JamieO, after accepting her new TLC contract Doug as her husband, was also filmed on their shows obsessing over her ex.

The thing with cakegate is Brandon was totally in control & enjoying it. Might be okay had he known her & she was familiar with his sense of humor, but they didn't know each other so it came off all kinds of wrong-

...and he destroyed the top of a perfectly good cake with his grubby hands. 😠

I'm not at all surprised Zach isn't attracted to Mindy. What would surprise me is if he doesn't have sex with her maybe even a few times before the big reveal.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I would have been so out of there after Brandon grabbed/smashed the cake.  Who does that?  Someone who desperately wants to be the center of attention and thinks he is funnier than he is.  I was right there with Taylor's family and their disapproval of that move.  I also felt that Taylor didn't quite know how to react so did the best she could and ate the cake from his hand.  Nothing like putting your new wife in an awkward situation.

While tattoos may be mainstream (although not everyone has them), I would imagine it could be embarrassing if the first time your spouse sees you they are offended by one/more of the tattoos.  They are married at first sight, but that sight does not include what's under their clothing.  I don't think we've seen that yet with this show, but it could be interesting for us as viewers.

There are millions and millions of couples who grab cake and try to smash it in each other's face at weddings all time. Yet he's a attention seeking nutso because he did the same thing...but wasn't obnoxious enough to smash it in her face?

I honestly think all the harsh reactions at the reception were because they thought he was trying to smash the cake in his face and a lot of people don't get down like that.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

There are millions and millions of couples who grab cake and try to smash it in each other's face at weddings all time. Yet he's a attention seeking nutso because he did the same thing...but wasn't obnoxious enough to smash it in her face?

I honestly think all the harsh reactions at the reception were because they thought he was trying to smash the cake in his face and a lot of people don't get down like that.

Exactly.  See my post above where I said:  If Brandon had smashed that cake into Taylor's face he would have gone to the very bottom for me.  I hate that shit.  Brides generally spend time and money getting their hair and makeup done, not to mention their dress, so to potentially destroy that with cake in the face is tacky and basic.  

• Love 4
Just now, psychoticstate said:

Exactly.  See my post above where I said:  If Brandon had smashed that cake into Taylor's face he would have gone to the very bottom for me.  I hate that shit.  Brides generally spend time and money getting their hair and makeup done, not to mention their dress, so to potentially destroy that with cake in the face is tacky and basic.  

This made me think of last season when Jamie did it to Elizabeth and she was all "My Eyelashes!!!!"

• LOL 4