Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: I Married a Stranger

• Start Topic

I thought it was interesting that re the last two weddings, the guys were pretty good at keeping the brides out of meltdown mode. Zach and his hair may be a big bag of baloney but I liked that he tried to get her to relax. She was wired. Same with Michael. Meka seemed kinda crisis around every corner.  Austin did that with Twin Tower as well. Good on them. Derek made the meeting appear effortless, I thought, too. Only Brandon was a strange ranger as far as interacting with his new boo and being in the limelight.  

I like Katie’s father’s face!  I thought he was cute. Liked the short chat he had with Derek, too.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

In regard to Jamie and Doug: if I came to the wedding and saw a guy with twenty moles  on his face I would run the other way. I’m sure he is a great guy but they need to consider basic levels of attractiveness. And I know that was really shallow. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

There are millions and millions of couples who grab cake and try to smash it in each other's face at weddings all time.

I hate that practice.  I haven't been to a wedding in ages, but my recollection is that the couple cuts the cake and each has a slice and they're feeding it to each other, and that's when they'd smash it into the other's face.

But is what Brandon did what people do now--pawing into the actual cake with their fingers and hands to dig out a piece?  That's gross, whether it's then smashed into someone else's face or not.  And it's dumb if it isn't smashed into someone's face, because then you're left just standing there with a big hunk of dug-out cake in your bare hands, when definitely a plate and a fork would be called for.

• Love 17

I won't be watching the whole thing tonight but tuned in to the Couples' Couch thing for a few minutes only to be completely distracted by Steph's eyebrows. I'd love to know how she thinks that's flattering.

JamieO is making her comments mostly directly to the camera, not even trying to pretend it's not there.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I hate that practice.  I haven't been to a wedding in ages, but my recollection is that the couple cuts the cake and each has a slice and they're feeding it to each other, and that's when they'd smash it into the other's face.

But is what Brandon did what people do now--pawing into the actual cake with their fingers and hands to dig out a piece?  That's gross, whether it's then smashed into someone else's face or not.  And it's dumb if it isn't smashed into someone's face, because then you're left just standing there with a big hunk of dug-out cake in your bare hands, when definitely a plate and a fork would be called for.

No, you are right, people usually cut. My thing is that either it's attention seeking and gross. I don't care what circumstances are. Don't shove food  in people's face. Don't grab a handful of food people have to eat. It doesn't make him a bad guy. It's just dumb and weird all around.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

In regard to Jamie and Doug: if I came to the wedding and saw a guy with twenty moles  on his face I would run the other way. I’m sure he is a great guy but they need to consider basic levels of attractiveness. And I know that was really shallow. 

It's one thing not to be attracted to someone--that's certainly understandable--but it's how Jamie handled the situation that was bad.  I mean, how would she have liked it if Doug had collapsed and acted horrified upon seeing her?

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Zach is conventionally hot as balls but you can practically see the fake-ass douche wafting off of him with everything he does which drops his hotness factor back into the negative digits. 

So of course that means that Zach and Mindy are going to be my must-see segments because you can see the train smashing into the dumpster and catching the entire wreck on fire from, like, a mile away. I'm investing in the Costco sized box of buttery microwave popcorn for this. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Zach is conventionally hot as balls but you can practically see the fake-ass douche wafting off of him with everything he does which drops his hotness factor back into the negative digits. 

So of course that means that Zach and Mindy are going to be my must-see segments because you can see the train smashing into the dumpster and catching the entire wreck on fire from, like, a mile away. I'm investing in the Costco sized box of buttery microwave popcorn for this. 

I'm pretty sure I disagree but I liked your post. I am very wary of men with the kind of looks everyone swoons over but I was pleasantly surprised by his demeanor and the little I could see of his personality on this episode. Maybe, just maybe ... I doubt it but still how hold out some hope... that he's fed up with being treated like eye candy and has a real personality and depth of character underneath that Headahair.

• Love 4

Moles...Schmoles..

Luckily for Doug, Jamie's hunger for fame whoredom... albeit from a then new basic cable teevee show kept her from heading for the hills after taking a gander at the experts' match for her...a stranger with a connect the dots face .

As much as Jamie is a magnet for scorn and ridicule, her  ability to stay on teevee  with so little and dubious talent is to be slow clapped....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

I'll join you at that shallow table.  He may or may not be a great guy but those moles would have been a deal breaker. Plus, I do think Jamie is very pretty. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

I do not find Zach attractive in the least.  To me, he looks bloated and greasy

I couldn’t have said it better! There is absolutely NOTHING that I find attractive about him and I’d be pretty repulsed to deal with him in real life. Bloated and greasy. 

7 minutes ago, seasick said:

Maybe, just maybe ... I doubt it but still how hold out some hope... that he's fed up with being treated like eye candy and has a real personality and depth of character underneath that Headahair

Not holding my breath for this

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think mindy is a very sweet , bubbly person . She’d probably make a great friend . 
she was just a little TOO happy and obsessive with Zack and I’m thinking .. why don’t you wait until you get to know him before you jump up and down thanking God for your match . There’s optimistic and then there’s Mindy. 

Yeah she really annoyed me doing that. I expected him to be the shallow one. It reminded me of those two dopes from last season you know the basketball player and the Klingon.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I didn't quite hear what was said.  I thought the "wearing flats" comment had to do with his asking if she was the type to trip all the time, and maybe even while wearing flats.

Yep - that was it. He wasn't dissing women who wear flats.

5 hours ago, Adeejay said:

During "The Nanny", they aired some coming attractions. 

I think you meant "Supernanny" (Jo Frost) not "The Nanny" (Fran Drescher).

Supernanny airs right after MAFS on Lifetime; The Nanny is currently being rebroadcast on Logo TV (which I don't think would air previews for Lifetime programs).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I didn't quite hear what was said.  I thought the "wearing flats" comment had to do with his asking if she was the type to trip all the time, and maybe even while wearing flats.

I sooo hope that your interpretation is correct.  But even if it is, it's such a bizarre thing, and wording, to say as the example of something embarrassing.

3 hours ago, princelina said:

He said earlier something like, "I want to be the kind of husband that everyone in the crowd knows is the best husband" so I see him just acting like how he thinks the "best husband" would act. 

Yes, a million times!  And it was also interesting that in his vows, the very first thing he said about the kind of husband he wants to be, is one that makes you feel beautiful and attractive".  Weird, and it made me think that he said it because he thinks that what's most important to women is that their husband finds them beautiful, when actually it was a window into his own thinking about how important his woman's looks are to him

3 hours ago, princelina said:

I fell bad because Mindy seemed so happy, but I'm not buying it.

My heart is already breaking for her.  I really like her -- I think she is a great combination of intelligence, looks, enthusiasm, genuineness, and goofiness...but not for Zack.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:06 PM, Straycat80 said:

Michael is the first person to be married in his family...ever? 

i've been trying to figure this out ever since the meet-the-candidates episode.  Usually when people say this, it refers to their entire family line, like "I'm the first person in my family to go to college."  But I'm figuring here that he's got to be talking about just his immediate family in his generation and the one above.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I was intrigued by the fact that Zach's sister appeared to be "big a little bit" (to quote another train wreck show I watch) because it made me wonder if he got so into fitness as a way to combat some natural chubbiness genes he might have. That might explain why he seems so poised and "on" all the time - he's actually very insecure so he needs to put on that persona. Just a thought. (I myself am big a little bit, while my two brothers are quite muscular but have to work very hard to maintain their physiques. When they get lazy, they get chubbo, too. 😁)

Very interesting theory.  He def looks chubby in his face.  And while the shot of his back when he was taking off his tux shirt def showed a muscular build, to me there was a hint of an overlay of slight doughy-ness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

No, I agree she didn’t handle it well. I don’t like her personality but the experts had to know Doug was not a catch.

Interestingly enough - they were one of the only couples ever to have a decent reason for being matched - that Jamie came from a dysfunctional family and really wanted to be part of a nice one, while Doug came from a super-close family that Jamie would like, and he was looking for a wife to fit in.

25 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Very interesting theory.  He def looks chubby in his face.  And while the shot of his back when he was taking off his tux shirt def showed a muscular build, to me there was a hint of an overlay of slight doughy-ness.

I think he looks fit and reasonably handsome (not a fan of big hair on guys) but there's a certain face he makes where he gets little chipmunk teeth - almost like Mindy scrunching up her nose to be cute 😄 Maybe that's what the experts matched them for 😄 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Personally, I don’t think people should be matched because of their families. Many people rarely see their family or live in another state and the person you have to live with is your spouse not their family. I think people should be matched by values and goals, how they spend their time, ideas on children, living arrangements and religion. I also think they should take into account what type of people someone is attracted to although I get it that drama is the main thing here. 

In my own marriage, I had a dysfunctional family and my husband had the so called ideal family. Only his mother always hated me and 25 years later, we appreciate just having our own family.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, princelina said:

He said earlier something like, "I want to be the kind of husband that everyone in the crowd knows is the best husband" so I see him just acting like how he thinks the "best husband" would act.  I fell bad because Mindy seemed so happy, but I'm not buying it.

Haha I always think of a "handsome woman" as someone more masculine, like Bea Arthur.  I think the word you are looking for is "butterface".  Although it seems to me that for most guys - being tall and thin makes up for having a plain face.  Zach is short and IMO needs a haircut; he may disagree but I think Mindy is attractive enough for him.

And his wife is the least attractive of all 😄 

Bea Arthur...I love her!

• Love 4
On 1/15/2020 at 9:22 PM, Ohwell said:

Zack's stepmom looks like she wants to snap Mindy like a twig.

I really wondered about them. His stepmom looked so much older than his actual mother. She could have been his mom’s much older sister and I wouldn’t have been surprised. 

On 1/15/2020 at 9:45 PM, configdotsys said:

Katie's bridesmaid is classless, disgusting trash. I hope she enjoys watching herself be a complete and total pig on television. 

She was complete gutter drunk during that scene. Gross.

Let me say it again, something about Brandon is off. I really don’t know about him. He and Zach both seem disingenuous but in different ways. Maybe Zach is just a better actor. 

I really like Mindy’s personality but she’s not the cutest. I don’t think she’s as unattractive as Katie though. 

Austin’s eyes remind me of a ventriloquist dummy. I can’t stop imagining him sitting on the twin’s lap with those huge eyes spinning around. Makes me think of the Twilight Zone. *shivers* That said, they’re the only couple in this shitshow of a season I’m rooting for. 

Meka does seem like a handful. A younger, even less mature Jasmine. Good luck to Michael.

Katie and Derek sleep together before the end of the honeymoon which, based on historical precedent, effectively dooms their marriage to end in divorce. 

Also, did anyone notice Michael’s mom/aunt and Zach’s mom wore the same dress to the wedding?

• Love 13
12 hours ago, OnTime said:

The tattoos.  Does anyone really want to see tattoos on a bride? I could see the tattoo through Mindy's dress on her back.

I've been trying to check who has tattoos.  Can anyone help for the "not sure" ones?

Katie-yes/Derek-not sure

Taylor-not sure/Brandon-yes

Jessica-not sure/Austin-not sure

Meka-yes/Michael-not sure

Mindy-yes/Zack-need I ask?

I'm not a tattoo person, but thought that Mindy's bird tattoo on her back was nice.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I sooo hope that your interpretation is correct.  But even if it is, it's such a bizarre thing, and wording, to say as the example of something embarrassing.

@TwirlyGirly heard the same thing I did (or I read, because I rely heavily on captions).  So maybe we're right. 

It came off to me like it might have been a way of asking if she's a klutz--something that might be "embarrassing" but not "humiliating"; lighthearted, since he was talking to people he didn't know.  Of course that didn't stop that bridesmaid...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, qtpye said:

I would take Derek over Zack any day of the week.

So would I except Derek's mole annoys me.  I suppose I'm in the minority but it does.  Zach is technically good looking but there's something so phony about him that it puts me off to him altogether.  And that fakedy-fake-fake pompadour on top of his head only makes me less attracted.  I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

That nasty step mother!  What was her problem!  She is very unattractive compared to the mother/ex wife!  I'll be looking forward to seeing her at the after the wedding night breakfast!

Man, did Zach's step mom have an unfortunate case of "resting bitch face" or what?  Mr. Yeah No said Zach's dad definitely traded down.  @humbleopinion, please set another place for me at the shallow table!  Speaking of Zach's real mom, she and one of the other moms were wearing a very similar dress.  Who wore it best?  The other mom, I think.

11 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

With that said, he disappointed me in the previews. Katie sucks ass and fights like a 14-year-old, but a man calling his wife a bitch is never a good look.

I didn't even see the preview but I did say last week that Derek seems like someone that could go from wonderful to nasty in about 2 seconds.  Seems like that's coming true.

11 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Meka is ridiculous.  Girl, you're 25 years old.  If you wait 2 years, you're not going to be the "old" mom.  Shit, if you wait 5 years, you're not going to be the "old" mom.  You've been married like 10 minutes.  Slow your ride.  You need to get to know Michael and spend time with him before you think about reproducing.

Exactly.  Plus it's admirable that Meka's ambition is to one day be a company president, but she should at least know what kind of company or field she wants to go into first.  Talk about jumping the gun!  She sounded like a little kid with that ambition - too immature for someone 25.  I thought that was very telling about her, and not in a good way.

10 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I wondered about that.  I can't believe they had her sitting up at that table by herself.  It would have been the most gracious thing in the world for Zach's father to go up there and say, "May I have this dance?" 

In fact, I thought for a minute her sister might come up and ask her to dance, but that may have been way too out there. 

Didn't someone's parent step up and offer to dance with one of the brides or grooms last season (or before)?  I seem to remember that and it crossed my mind re: Mindy.  If production wants to put people up to stuff, why didn't they put Zach's Dad up to dancing with her?  Of course not, they only want to cause trouble, what was I thinking?  LOL 🙄

6 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

The thing with cakegate is Brandon was totally in control & enjoying it. Might be okay had he known her & she was familiar with his sense of humor, but they didn't know each other so it came off all kinds of wrong-

...and he destroyed the top of a perfectly good cake with his grubby hands. 😠

I'm not at all surprised Zach isn't attracted to Mindy. What would surprise me is if he doesn't have sex with her maybe even a few times before the big reveal.

There was something off about the way Brandon pulled that piece of cake off the top.  Plus what killed me is how he had to go and pull it off the TOP of the cake, like he has no clue how the first layer is usually saved to give to the bride and groom.  Then again neither MIndy nor Zach knew what clanging silverware on glasses meant either.  I think I knew that by the time I was 19 and went to my first friend's wedding.  I guess their generation doesn't go to too many weddings.  By the time I was their age I had been to many, many weddings and been a bridesmaid twice.

Regarding Zach, shock surprise about him not being attracted to Mindy and admitting it to her.  Geez I saw that and predicted here it last week and I wasn't alone. That's a train wreck easily seen coming from MILES away.  Poor Mindy that she's such an optimist that she would not see reality when she really should be able to see it.  I personally think that's pathological denial, not just "optimism".  Or maybe she really is that naive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

There was something off about the way Brandon pulled that piece of cake off the top.  Plus what killed me is how he had to go and pull it off the TOP of the cake, like he has no clue how the first layer is usually saved to give to the bride and groom.

Oh my gosh yes!  It came off to me like it was a spur of the moment decision by him to do that, like he thought, “oh no, she’s very upbeat and bubbly and I’ve been a total idiot all day - I better show her I am a fun person!” It was so stupid. At least last season with Jamie and Beth it came off as playful between them. It’s still a dumb, juvenile thing to do. 
And let’s be honest, not too many of these couples need to worry about saving their cake top for their first anniversary. Hell, most of these marriages have such a short shelf life they should  just refrigerate it and eat it before going to decision day.....

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I am not familiar with the Jamie/Doug saga. J/S.

Me either..but after all the mole comments, I looked them up. He looks MUCH better without the moles, imo.

To bring it back to this season, Derek is a very good looking guy except for the big fat MOLE on his chin. (I just really hate moles) 🤢

"Take this quarter, go downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face." - 

Uncle Buck

rps20200117_014736.jpg

Screenshot_20200117-015232.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Miss Thousand Freckles can't be too judgy about a single mole, can she?

Mindy's wedding dress and wedding hair were both very matronly. She looked 40, at least.

Something about Zack's eyes bugs me. Too puffy. Like they're fresh outta eye surgery or fresh outta an eyebrow wax session. And his eyebrows are lighter toward ends.

I wouldn't consider Mindy a "handsome woman".........but Jessica!

Someone upthread referred to Jessica as Twin Tower. That made me 🤣🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

I think I have been harsh on Brandon.  The man suffered a serious trauma when he was a child.  His brother was murdered when Brandon was 8.  Did he get therapy for it?  Did his family get therapy?  I don't believe you just "get over" stuff like that.  Childhood trauma affects how you perceive things, it can even change brain chemistry.   I've seen people who don't work through trauma, eat too much, drink too much, work too much, have too much sex, anything to numb the pain.  

Maybe he should not have been picked for the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, princelina said:

I think he looks fit and reasonably handsome (not a fan of big hair on guys) but there's a certain face he makes where he gets little chipmunk teeth - almost like Mindy scrunching up her nose to be cute 😄 Maybe that's what the experts matched them for 😄 

Haha, cute theory!  He does have chipmunk cheeks too.  🐹 😂

A chipmunk cheek married to a horse face - I LOLed at the post above about him asking Mindy, "Why the long face?" 🐴

@humbleopinion, I'm writing my place card to the shallow table RIGHT NOW!

Although he's not my type, Zach is one of those "hot" guys that makes a lot of women go out of their minds.  Even if he were the most loyal guy in the world there will always be women swarming around him looking for an opportunity to pounce.  Won't matter if he's in love with someone else or married either.  Even if he wasn't guilty he'd still look guilty with all those women around him.  It takes a rare man to be able to resist all of that.  He's likely to give in a few times.  Those bridesmaids looked like they were each waiting for their moment....It doesn't help that his mom made a comment about how he has "commitment issues".  Ho-boy, if that's not a huge red flag I don't know what is!  🚩

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think I have been harsh on Brandon.  The man suffered a serious trauma when he was a child.  His brother was murdered when Brandon was 8.  Did he get therapy for it?  Did his family get therapy?  I don't believe you just "get over" stuff like that.  Childhood trauma affects how you perceive things, it can even change brain chemistry.   I've seen people who don't work through trauma, eat too much, drink too much, work too much, have too much sex, anything to numb the pain.  

Maybe he should not have been picked for the show.

Going by history, same script different cast. His buried trauma and masking it may be exactly why he was picked. Mindy lost a sibling, had a miscarriage, and didn’t have family support. To me, she should be in therapy and not getting married to some guy who runs, has commitment issues, and doesn’t seem like the type to be emotionally available. This is why she was chosen. The twin (Jessica) wants to keep up with her sister who is married and has a baby. That’s not a reason to get married at all, but it’s why she was chosen. Michael is more of the same. He’s had an interesting family history with being raised by his aunt, so they thought pairing him with premature mother Meka was a good idea. She said on the matchmaking special that people like him are exactly who she ends up with. Obviously the relationships didn’t last. It’s bizarre that she finally can live her own life after helping to raise her siblings but wants to jump straight into being a mother to her own child.

The experts don’t care about making lasting matches. They want people with trauma, PTSD, etc. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

I don't find Zach attractive AT. ALL.  I think Doug (of Jamie and Doug) is cuter (sans moles).  I just don't like that windswept hair look, like he spends more time getting ready than a female, or that shirtless, muscles-on-muscles.  Ewww.

But looking at his family, I, too, wonder if Zach is trying to outrun his family's genetics.  I have a family friend who is morbidly obese, as is her husband, and her daughter is a bodybuilder, obsessed with nutrition.

Zach's stepmom couldn't even plaster on an upturned, closed-mouth smile for the cameras.  It was really shameful that she couldn't even nod, or acknowledge, when Mindy was speaking.  Something hateful about that woman.  

So between the obvious possibly dysfunctional family dynamics + the weight issues, Zach is running from a lot of stuff.  Plus his own mom even said so.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

@TwirlyGirly heard the same thing I did (or I read, because I rely heavily on captions).  So maybe we're right. 

It came off to me like it might have been a way of asking if she's a klutz--something that might be "embarrassing" but not "humiliating"; lighthearted, since he was talking to people he didn't know.  Of course that didn't stop that bridesmaid...

Yep - I'm a caption girl myself.

If I hear something I think is rude, or inappropriate, my first thought is to wonder whether I heard it correctly (I've always been a "give others the benefit of the doubt" type of person). Then I rewind and rewatch, paying close attention to the captions.

Most of the time I discover the issue was my mishearing, or missing part of the context of, what was said.

FTR, everything everyone has claimed the drunken bridesmaid said, she did!

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:

Going by history, same script different cast. His buried trauma and masking it may be exactly why he was picked. Mindy lost a sibling, had a miscarriage, and didn’t have family support. To me, she should be in therapy and not getting married to some guy who runs, has commitment issues, and doesn’t seem like the type to be emotionally available. This is why she was chosen. The twin (Jessica) wants to keep up with her sister who is married and has a baby. That’s not a reason to get married at all, but it’s why she was chosen. Michael is more of the same. He’s had an interesting family history with being raised by his aunt, so they thought pairing him with premature mother Meka was a good idea. She said on the matchmaking special that people like him are exactly who she ends up with. Obviously the relationships didn’t last. It’s bizarre that she finally can live her own life after helping to raise her siblings but wants to jump straight into being a mother to her own child.

The experts don’t care about making lasting matches. They want people with trauma, PTSD, etc. 

That's right.  This is a reality TV SHOW and it's about creating drama, not creating marriages.  And people (including me) are there for the drama.

1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Although he's not my type, Zach is one of those "hot" guys that makes a lot of women go out of their minds.  Even if he were the most loyal guy in the world there will always be women swarming around him looking for an opportunity to pounce.  Won't matter if he's in love with someone else or married either.  Even if he wasn't guilty he'd still look guilty with all those women around him.  It takes a rare man to be able to resist all of that.  He's likely to give in a few times.  Those bridesmaids looked like they were each waiting for their moment....It doesn't help that his mom made a comment about how he has "commitment issues".  Ho-boy, if that's not a huge red flag I don't know what is!  

That's the premise of the song, "If You Want to be Happy."  The implication is that if your spouse is attractive, other people will be attracted to them and will make you feel insecure, etc.  But isn't that also saying that if a person is attractive, they don't need love, that it doesn't matter?  I don't think that's right.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Although he's not my type, Zach is one of those "hot" guys that makes a lot of women go out of their minds.  Even if he were the most loyal guy in the world there will always be women swarming around him looking for an opportunity to pounce.  Won't matter if he's in love with someone else or married either.  Even if he wasn't guilty he'd still look guilty with all those women around him.  It takes a rare man to be able to resist all of that.  He's likely to give in a few times.  Those bridesmaids looked like they were each waiting for their moment....It doesn't help that his mom made a comment about how he has "commitment issues".  Ho-boy, if that's not a huge red flag I don't know what is!  🚩

Very well said, which is why I would NOT be attracted to a guy this attractive.  Even if he is madly in love with a woman he will always have women circling for their chance.  It would be hard for any man to resist such attention. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, sometimesjennifer said:

I can't believe I forgot to mention my fave quote from last night!  Zach's dad referred to Mindy's outer beauty in addition to her good personality as the "crouton on the salad" rather than the icing on the cake. I don't think I had heard that one before, but I am totally gonna start using it.

I've never heard that before either!  DH, who is back to low carb eating after a holiday season of eating whatever he wanted, was utterly engrossed in a game on his phone, not paying a damn bit of attention to this glorious shit show, when Father Zach used that little analogy.... and I heard from across the couch..."Ohhhhh, croutons". 😂

BTW, "Jennifer" was the name I used to use at bars when I wasn't sure I wanted to give a guy my real name, decades ago (literally) when I used to go to bars with friends.  Every time I see your user name "SometimesJennifer" I think "Hey! I was sometimes Jennifer, too!" 😄

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, princelina said:
  16 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

No, I agree she didn’t handle it well. I don’t like her personality but the experts had to know Doug was not a catch.

For Jamie, Doug is a catch.  She has said he treats her nicer than anyone she has ever dated, he accepts her background and baggage and is extremely patient. 

His parents said they tried for along time to have a baby and then spoiled and coddled him. They have admitted Doug never had to be responsible. I think Jamie has made him responsible.

He still looked thin on Couples Couch. He is probably the most genuine guy on the series that went down the Nick, Luke, Matt and now maybe Zack route.

• Love 5

I never understand people running around with big ugly moles on their face.  A dermatologist can diagnose and remove them quite easily.  Sometimes just by zapping them a couple of times and removing them.

Doug's were sooo ugly and as I remember several of them.  Jamie is a nurse so she knows how easy that is to take care of.

90 Day Fiance has a beekeeper gal on their show with three red moles on her face.  I can't stop looking at them and wondering WHY?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, OnTime said:

For Jamie, Doug is a catch.  She has said he treats her nicer than anyone she has ever dated, he accepts her background and baggage and is extremely patient. 

His parents said they tried for along time to have a baby and then spoiled and coddled him. They have admitted Doug never had to be responsible. I think Jamie has made him responsible.

He still looked thin on Couples Couch. He is probably the most genuine guy on the series that went down the Nick, Luke, Matt and now maybe Zack route.

I like Doug...!  He brought kindness and understanding to Jamie's life plus his wonderful parents that seem to really love Jamie!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I never understand people running around with big ugly moles on their face.  A dermatologist can diagnose and remove them quite easily.  Sometimes just by zapping them a couple of times and removing them.

Doug's were sooo ugly and as I remember several of them.  Jamie is a nurse so she knows how easy that is to take care of.

90 Day Fiance has a beekeeper gal on their show with three red moles on her face.  I can't stop looking at them and wondering WHY?

Yes, I've been saying on the 90 DF board that the beekeeper lady needs to get her 3 huge moles removed.  I don't get it.

Derek's huge mole is a distraction and yes, we still see it through your beard.  Doug tried to hide his as well with facial hair.  Uh uh.  U-G-L-Y.

I cannot stand talky-talky Jamie Otis, so I don't watch their show.....has Doug had his moles removed?

For those saying that mole removal might leave a bigger scar, I say find a better doctor.  The right doctor can do it leaving, eventually, a flat white patch of skin that is barely noticeable (I have one).

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, AnnMarie17 said:

I've never heard that before either!  DH, who is back to low carb eating after a holiday season of eating whatever he wanted, was utterly engrossed in a game on his phone, not paying a damn bit of attention to this glorious shit show, when Father Zach used that little analogy.... and I heard from across the couch..."Ohhhhh, croutons". 😂

BTW, "Jennifer" was the name I used to use at bars when I wasn't sure I wanted to give a guy my real name, decades ago (literally) when I used to go to bars with friends.  Every time I see your user name "SometimesJennifer" I think "Hey! I was sometimes Jennifer, too!" 😄

I really wonder if he was nervous and on the spot and couldn't really remember "the cherry on top" or "the icing on the cake" and the crouton thing popped out, or if it's a real saying he uses. I Googled it and it doesn't appear to be in general use. Plus, I loooooove croutons so it had me drooling, too. 😜

(My name is taken from a Jimmy Eat World song called Jen, which is my preferred nickname. Jennifer is the perfect generic fakeout name - it was the most popular name in America for the entire 70s so it's very believable!)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Even with health insurance, those procedures cost money. And since they are cosmetic, insurance often won't cover it. Sometimes no matter how skilled the physician, a scar is unavoidable. Some people just don't care - if there's not a medical issue, they don't want to go through the procedures. There are tons of good reasons people may choose to leave their appearance alone, not the least of which is that they just don't care what other people think of how they look.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

Yes, I've been saying on the 90 DF board that the beekeeper lady needs to get her 3 huge moles removed.  I don't get it.

Derek's huge mole is a distraction and yes, we still see it through your beard.  Doug tried to hide his as well with facial hair.  Uh uh.  U-G-L-Y.

I cannot stand talky-talky Jamie Otis, so I don't watch their show.....has Doug had his moles removed?

For those saying that mole removal might leave a bigger scar, I say find a better doctor.  The right doctor can do it leaving, eventually, a flat white patch of skin that is barely noticeable (I have one).

Speaking of moles, the most offending moles were on Colt’s mom, Debbie on 90 day fiancé. 
I would rather have a small scar than a raised mole that just hangs there. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 2