Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Choose Me

• Start Topic

Slightly off topic.  I noticed a lot of comments in the live chat and on Pillow Talk about Mursel's bag.  I JUST noticed tonight I have the exact same Bagillini and, actually, when Mr. Cat decides to cram it full of about 20 pounds of stuff (you'd be AMAZED at how much stuff you can put in such a small bag) I can just make him carry it and most people just assume it is some sort of camera bag.  I'll rag on Mursel about a lot of things, but not the bag.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
59 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Jasmin, your fiancé is in the entertainment industry, of sorts. Whether he amounts to anything is to be determined.  You would be expected to support him and his music, schmooze with record and industry executives, learn how to interact with them, show an interest in your husband. Behaving like a cold, never really thawing fish is not in your best interest. He does not seem to be a match for you. Maybe a dude with a little less public life.

This is sort of my biggest issue with Jasmin. Most careers have instances when their loved have to be supportive and schmooze for their partner. I get being an introvert. I'm one too, but sometimes you need to suck it up for people you love. The key is negotiating when you have to show up or how you show your support. The problem is that Jasmin is so tight-lipped and blank that I have a hard time empathizing with her. FFS, the mics caught Janette, her sister, asking Jasmin if she wanted to dance, so it's not just some Finnish thing.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

This is sort of my biggest issue with Jasmin. Most careers have instances when their loved have to be supportive and schmooze for their partner. I get being an introvert. I'm one too, but sometimes you need to suck it up for people you love. The key is negotiating when you have to show up or how you show your support. The problem is that Jasmin is so tight-lipped and blank that I have a hard time empathizing with her. FFS, the mics caught Janette, her sister, asking Jasmin if she wanted to dance, so it's not just some Finnish thing.

If she is lucky, it is some office holiday party or work event a couple of times per year. I too am a bit of an introvert, but some basic conversation skills will work. She would work better with a man who has a regular job.

• Love 5

Sap that I am, I felt sorry for Mursel and Anna. I need a saptervention.

But that breakup is definitely for the best because  a man who says " I had to choose between my mother and my beloved, and I chose my mother" is telling you, right there, what your future is going to be. 

Tania is an entitled, deluded, special princess, but Syngin is no prize either. I can't take his "let the universe work it out" plan for the future.  That's almost harder to deal with.

If Juliana is scamming us all, then  she's good because even though I do side eye her a bit, I feel guilty about doing it.

Blake seems like a nice guy. His friends are overstepping, especially the woman who's always interrogating everyone (is she secretly in love with Blake or what?). All Jasmin seems to want to do is focus on her physical appearance.  The endless makeup perfecting, where she wasn't even adding or removing any!  I can't see this one working out. 

• Love 22

I was losing my patience, going from one couple boo-hooing to another couple screaming at each other in the car. My God, what is wrong with these people??? 

I’m glad Mike left that little fool, she demanded an apology? LOL, dream on.

I cannot watch Angela with her fried hair, constantly interrupting Mykul. For pete’s sake woman!! Have a quickie wedding in Nigeria then your big family bash when you’re both back in the US.  I think this is made-up drama for a storyline. 

This Angela needs to put Life After Lockup’s Angela in touch with whoever did her botox.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

Jasmin looks exactly the same in every scene: bike shorts, sleeveless top, braids. She's a very strange woman, does she know what enthusiasm is? Emotions? 

I wanted to slap Tania, talking to Syngin about career goals, wtf lady?  You have no leg to stand on in that fight! 

I hope Mike really did dump Natalie. I feel sorry for her mother, I guarantee you she has not a minute's peace.

Natalie's mom is the most tragic figure. Her golden child's level of specialness and entitlement makes Tania's look workaday.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
Just now, Jel said:

Natalie's mom is the most tragic figure. Her golden child's level of specialness and entitlement makes Tania's look workaday.

I guarantee you she spends a lot of time worrying about what's going to happen to precious Natalie when she's gone. IMO that's the reason she seemed to be team baby, she wants someone to take over her unstable daughter.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Sap that I am, I felt sorry for Mursel and Anna. I need a saptervention.

But that breakup is definitely for the best because  a man who says " I had to choose between my mother and my beloved, and I chose my mother" is telling you, right there, what your future is going to be. 

Tania is an entitled, deluded, special princess, but Syngin is no prize either. I can't take his "let the universe work it out" plan for the future.  That's almost harder to deal with.

If Juliana is scamming us all, then  she's good because even though I do side eye her a bit, I feel guilty about doing it.

Blake seems like a nice guy. His friends are overstepping, especially the woman who's always interrogating everyone (is she secretly in love with Blake or what?). All Jasmin seems to want to do is focus on her physical appearance.  The endless makeup perfecting, where she wasn't even adding or removing any!  I can't see this one working out. 

Syngin cannot seem to fathom that sometimes people work an entire lifetime at a job they aren't absolutely wild about.  

Tania is so remarkably unlikeable that it's easy to forget that syngin is unlikeable too.  

I think it's awful rich that Tania wants to talk to syngin about getting a steady and boring 9-5 while she wants to be a self employed soap making witch doctor. 

Of course this checks all tania's boxes.....she can claim to be a respected medical professional (betcha she starts putting Dr. in front of her name), she got to go on vacation, she won't have much work and it seems like a very unregulated industry so there won't be any state mandated expectations for results or even competent work.  

Did she ever bother to explain how she is going to meet these goals she has or did she just start to lay into syngin?  LOL.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
55 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I was losing my patience, going from one couple boo-hooing to another couple screaming at each other in the car. My God, what is wrong with these people??? 

I’m glad Mike left that little fool, she demanded an apology? LOL, dream on.

I cannot watch Angela with her fried hair, constantly interrupting Mykul. For pete’s sake woman!! Have a quickie wedding in Nigeria then your big family bash when you’re both back in the US.  I think this is made-up drama for a storyline. 

This Angela needs to put Life After Lockup’s Angela in touch with whoever did her botox.

I keep thinking I must have missed something, what did Natalie think Mike should apologize for? For being hurt that she doesn't love him?

I'm actually not surprised she threw this monkey wrench into the relationship. It's pretty classic behavior, self destructing over and over again, for someone with a personality disorder. I'm not saying she has one or doesn't, purely my Dr Google diagnosis.

• Love 20

Don't care about Georgia Ass Face... FF

Anyone else catch the smirk/smile face that Natalie did when Mike walked off the set? Total psycho right there. I was ready to throw my phone at the TV when she was giving him that face before he left and asking him to apologize. If he did, I'd have no TV left. I cheered when he said, "I'm not apologizing." The way she said  "He could have put the ring back on my finger," shows that she's all about drama and getting her way. It's wonderful to see someone with a backbone although it may be temporary. We'll see if he sticks to it.

Tania is just a skeevy looking maniac. I don't see anything remotely attractive about her. Syngin going on about how he wants to be a fireman, and a policeman, and a carpenter and all that jazz sounds like a 10 year old. You can tell that he's a sort of fly by the seat of his pants guy and Tania's personality does not match that at all. She seems the type to positively lose it when something goes off course. I have a couple of friends like that who are wonderful people, but boy if some plan has to drastically change at the last second or if someone springs something on them without a plan, they just can't handle it. Tania will forever be in freak out mode with this dude. He deserves better than this shrew.

I was sitting in the laughing gallery when Mursel and Anna were on, but most of my feeling was disgust at these people. Anna is bawling and begging a person who was a dick to her kids, made zero effort to get to know them, made them feel unwelcome in their own house, treated them like an inconvenience and never planned to tell his family that they existed, yet he wanted Anna to move to Turkey with him. This is who she was crying over. This is what she wanted to stay here with her. Fuck you, Anna.

Blake still pings for me and I cannot for the life of me understand how he is unable to see Jasmine for what she is. I totally got "Some Kind of Wonderful" vibes from the dark haired "friend" of Blake who wants to make sure Jasmine is in it for the right reasons. I thought I heard Blake call her stupid in the preview for next time. That'll go over big. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
15 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

This is who she was crying over. This is what she wanted to stay here with her. Fuck you, Anna.

Anna fell in love with the idea of marrying an exotic Turk beekeeper. When the reality didn't come close to meeting her expectations, she chose to bury her head in the sand and pretend like everything was fine. Remember that HE was the one who pulled out because his family went apeshit on him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Slightly off topic.  I noticed a lot of comments in the live chat and on Pillow Talk about Mursel's bag.  I JUST noticed tonight I have the exact same Bagillini and, actually, when Mr. Cat decides to cram it full of about 20 pounds of stuff (you'd be AMAZED at how much stuff you can put in such a small bag) I can just make him carry it and most people just assume it is some sort of camera bag.  I'll rag on Mursel about a lot of things, but not the bag.

My father uses a beautiful, leather crossbody bag to carry his things.  My cousin bought it for him when he was traveling through South America. Between a wallet, a cell phone, keys, etc. I have no idea why more men don’t use bags to carry things. I have no idea why people are dissing Murcel’s bag. 

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

Don't care about Georgia Ass Face... FF

Anyone else catch the smirk/smile face that Natalie did when Mike walked off the set? Total psycho right there. I was ready to throw my phone at the TV when she was giving him that face before he left and asking him to apologize. If he did, I'd have no TV left. I cheered when he said, "I'm not apologizing." The way she said  "He could have put the ring back on my finger," shows that she's all about drama and getting her way. It's wonderful to see someone with a backbone although it may be temporary. We'll see if he sticks to it.

Tania is just a skeevy looking maniac. I don't see anything remotely attractive about her. Syngin going on about how he wants to be a fireman, and a policeman, and a carpenter and all that jazz sounds like a 10 year old. You can tell that he's a sort of fly by the seat of his pants guy and Tania's personality does not match that at all. She seems the type to positively lose it when something goes off course. I have a couple of friends like that who are wonderful people, but boy if some plan has to drastically change at the last second or if someone springs something on them without a plan, they just can't handle it. Tania will forever be in freak out mode with this dude. He deserves better than this shrew.

Blake still pings for me and I cannot for the life of me understand how he is unable to see Jasmine for what she is. I totally got "Some Kind of Wonderful" vibes from the dark haired "friend" of Blake who wants to make sure Jasmine is in it for the right reasons. I thought I heard Blake call her stupid in the preview for next time. That'll go over big. 

Blake and Jasmine are so very boring that I think production is trying to set up some fight/confrontation with Jasmine and blake's friend(s) to make them even marginally interesting.  The most interesting thing about Blake and Jasmine last night was the fact that.you can get the Dr. Huxtable sweater print in an entire sweatsuit with a matching ski mask.  

Natalie is just pushing boundaries to see how much shit she can get away with.  I feel sorry for Mike, it's hard to let go and she isn't going to make it easy.  But she is going to make his life miserable if he stays with her.  

I just LOL at the thought that this is tanias planned life track, because I feel like my life would have to have gone off course a few times to end up in my mom's shed with no plans of leaving. Oh wait, tanias plan to leave is for syngin to get a stable job and make enough money for them to move out.  god forbid Tania get a steady job working for far less than what she thinks she is worth. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

I have not watched the whole episode yet,  but from what I did see,  I wonder how much drama could be packed into one show!? 

- The Beekeepers:  started out showing her shoving his clothes into a little suitcase and grocery bag,  saying she wants it all ready for him so she does not to have to talk with him.  I don't know if I missed something,  but I never saw much of a relationship between them to cause such heavy,  dropping to the knees sobbing! If this is all producer driven,  these two deserve an award! 

- Girl from Brazil and The Ex- Wife:  first of all,  if you're going to bicycle across town,  why wear a skirt?  I  foresee Brazil Girl & Wine Guy breaking up and Ex-Wife taking her in as a second daughter.  So, at age 14, she left home to be a "model" for zero pay and to be horribly mistreated by others, to leave that and head back home,  somehow gets involved in a cult where she is forced into a marriage.  Did she say she walked away without ever signing divorce papers?  

-Boob Purse "Woman" and Cake Toting "Man": The last thing Angela needs is more cake! After what happened with the last cake,  very brave of him!  Why does she think she knows everything?  Does she really believe he would have been granted the Visa if he told them that his mama threw 'Her' an engagement party? I am disgusted with the way she dresses.  She pushes her way through the airport like she is a celebrity,  uggg!  I cannot stand this woman. I cannot believe she bragged about that botox.

- Broke Alien Man and Crazy Ukrainian "Girl":  So, now she does not know if she loves him but can maybe grow to? Why did she accept the ring to begin with?  Why did she beg him to come to Ukraine again?  That's all I saw of them. 

- Mask from Finland and Record Label VP:  I wanted to grab that makeup brush away from her.  What was she doing?  She was just dabbing here and there.   And,  why is she not living with her bff sister or with him at his brother's? 

Edited by alegtostandon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I feel like Sarah is just trying to make the best of a weird-ass situation. Maybe once she got to know Juliana more, she realized that she was better off with her dope of an ex than living the life she was? So far, Wino Michael seems fairly harmless in the grand scheme of Juliana's life. Maybe Sarah sees that it's less about Michael's money and more about the opportunities for her in America? Sarah has her settlement and I would imagine they already have money set aside for their children's education. If they don't have a trust fund or something for the kids, it probably wouldn't take much convincing/manipulating to get that set up if there's so much concern about their inheritance...if there's even that much to go around 🤨 Sarah knows what Juliana is signing up for (just imagine that O-face), so I think there's more than a little bit of schadenfreude in this for her 🤣

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
24 minutes ago, Lesia said:

I loved how Mike went upstairs to say goodbye to Mother Natalie.  That was very respectful.  He could have easily walked out the door.  I think she appreciated it, even though she really didn't seem to understand what was happening. 

LOL, not gonna lie, I just wanted Mike to get out of there, like some cheesy horror movie where you're telling at the screen "get out of there!" because the insane killer is lurking nearby.  

RE: Juliana.  

Maybe it's all a production setup, but who the hell goes over to drop off a cheer bag, stays for an incidental cup of coffee and drops their entire Dickens life story on someone they barely know?

I've never known anyone who has had such a tough life story to be so forthcoming with the details because they don't want to revisit the hurt and pain that come from those memories.  I dont think Sarah asked for any of that.  

I think that Juliana uses the sympathy elicited from her life story to manipulate others.  

I have no doubt that Juliana had a rough life and went through shit and I generally like her.  But I think she has embellished the story and maybe fabricated large swathes of it to elicit sympathy.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, lizajane said:

She has big plans! Llike working on like goals and like stuff. And it's like so fustrating!

This drives me crazy, Tania has so many ideas about things, but can she do one fucking concrete act towards being the person that she claims she wants to be?

Honey, there are legit jobs if you want to be a professional "good person", there are homeless shelters, food pantries, animal rescues, etc. Like, if your financial aspirations top out somewhere slightly above living in a shed in your mother's backyard I can find you a job, like a real one with healthcare and PTO, that you can brag about doing because you are "making a difference". 

Edited by John M
  • Love 18
19 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I disagree on this.  I haven't been a big Jasmin fan, but I had no problem with her last night.  She went to his bizarre, (lose the mask, Blake!)  crappy performance to support him.  If she was performing some sort of weird, Finnish music, I imagine Blake wouldn't know how to react either.   I also liked that she said Blake had a nice face and should show it, rather than cover it with that ridiculous mask.

What really bothered me was Blake's friends talking her down constantly, for not jumping onto the stage to participate in the terrible "music".   Maybe they should consider the possibility that Blake and his group kind of suck.  

I have to laugh, absolutely cannot picture Jasmine jumping onto any stage to dance if her life depended on it.  Even on her home turf, to music she loves.

Edited by blubld43
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I have to laugh, absolutely cannot picture Jasmine jumping onto any stage to dance if her life depended on it.  Even on her home turf, to music she loves.

I agree on that. She is shy around crowds and people she doesn't know.  But, it seemed like she was making an effort to meet Blake halfway by going to the show and inviting her sister.   That is why Blake's friends trashing her really bothered me.  

It seems like they want Jasimin to be a super fan for Blake, not a wife.  I'm not sure how good a match she is to be his wife, either.  But, she doesn't have to be his biggest fan to be his wife.  

• Love 15