Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Choose Me

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

This confused me at first until I remembered they can’t have any kind of multi-syllabic conversation without Google Translate. It just took this long for them to figure out a method of communication that would work in the event of a dead phone battery. 

Yes, wouldn't it be great if they could actually have a conversation?! Instead Anna says, "Love finish!" and bawls her eyes out. She must have been confusing the heck out of ol' Mursel considering the mixed messages she was sending of: Go! Stay! Pick me! I'll punch you!

Natalie is 100% the most pyscho of the bunch. Wow, just wow. I felt really bad for Michael and her expecting him to apologize on the way out was the icing on the cray cray cake. You just told him you didn't love him and threw your ring at him, but he's in the wrong? I wonder how she would have been acting if he had bowed down to her demands of an instant baby, and a new miracle belief in God? He stayed very calm with her, some men would've lost it. 

Edited by EastCoast4Life
  • Love 21

Is it wrong that I just hate Michael's ex's face?  I feel like I'm looking at the female version of Michael.  I do appreciate that she seems to genuinely like Juliana. 

Mike from Sequiem, glad he has some balls, even though I'm sure he was hoping she would run, grab him, tell him she loves him.    

I can't help it but I think Angela's Michael is cute.

Syngin is becoming as dumpy as Tania.  And Tania really needs some makeup to look attractive.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, PityFree said:

Ana, please. Save your tears for men who go downtown. 

Syngin doesn’t trust food from grocery stores? He sure trusted that store-bought  tiramisu, though.

Syngin is eating something and getting dumpier by the minute; me thinks he doesn't trust fruits and veggies at stores, but anything processed he's good with.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Anna being 38yo and all, wouldn’t Mursel’s parents have asked her if she had any kids when she visited Turkey? Did Mursel tell her to lie? Why didn’t Anna mention it to them herself? It would have saved a lot of the drama (not to mention expense, time, energy, pissing off your sons). Why do I even care?

Right.  She obviously lied or at best, lied by omission when she was there.   She just thought she'd be able to convince him to dump the family.

Both of these assholes got what they both deserve.  She knew he didn't want to acknowledge her kids but was perfectly okay with having bland sex with this man and he knew she had children and this would be a problem with his family.  Fuck them both.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Lesia said:

I loved how Mike went upstairs to say goodbye to Mother Natalie.  That was very respectful.  He could have easily walked out the door.  I think she appreciated it, even though she really didn't seem to understand what was happening. 

When Mike was with Mother Natalie, SOMEONE was crying.  Was it Mike?  N's mom kept saying...there, there, it'll be alright...

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Blake still pings for me and I cannot for the life of me understand how he is unable to see Jasmine for what she is. I totally got "Some Kind of Wonderful" vibes from the dark haired "friend" of Blake who wants to make sure Jasmine is in it for the right reasons. I thought I heard Blake call her stupid in the preview for next time. That'll go over big. 

Explain? What happened in Some Kind of Wonderful? Someone crushing on partner's friend? Or someone was in the closet?

2 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Anna fell in love with the idea of marrying an exotic Turk beekeeper. When the reality didn't come close to meeting her expectations, she chose to bury her head in the sand and pretend like everything was fine. Remember that HE was the one who pulled out because his family went apeshit on him.

I think he was probably just really nice and innocent while they were talking on FB. 

2 hours ago, misokinesia said:

I feel like Sarah is just trying to make the best of a weird-ass situation. 

Keep your friends close, enemies closer!

Befriending Juliana is the best way for her to make sure she doesn't lose any control.

2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Hubby and I have the same question.  She never should have accepted a ring if she did not love him.  She should have apologized to him.

Pretty sure she told him she loved him several times in earlier episodes.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

When Mike was with Mother Natalie, SOMEONE was crying.  Was it Mike?  N's mom kept saying...there, there, it'll be alright...

I got the impression Mother Natalie was crying because she knew her closest chance to be a grandma is walking out the door. I think she was trying to make him believe this was something that would pass and not to give up.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This is sort of my biggest issue with Jasmin. Most careers have instances when their loved have to be supportive and schmooze for their partner. I get being an introvert. I'm one too, but sometimes you need to suck it up for people you love. The key is negotiating when you have to show up or how you show your support. The problem is that Jasmin is so tight-lipped and blank that I have a hard time empathizing with her. FFS, the mics caught Janette, her sister, asking Jasmin if she wanted to dance, so it's not just some Finnish thing.

Low rent Iggy Azalea's no introvert, she's just nasty, entitled and has had WAY too much plastic surgery, maybe we'll see her on Botched next.  

giphy.gif

Sarah wants Juliana and Michael to get married NOW, so he'll be someone else's problem.

Angela is looking to the future, to be on 90 Day Fiance The Other Way.

I don't like Tania, but I get her.  For years men have been doing whatever they want and no one says "boo" to them.  I think she feels, "I'm going to do whatever I WANT."  Still is selfish though.  Maybe Syngin is one of those men who likes being dominated.

I'm sick of the Beekepers Story.  That goodbye at the airport felt like some overdrawn scene from a romcom.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, GoGamecox said:

Did anyone figure out what the "track marks" were on Angela's chest? (She jokingly described them that way after she said she got Botox.) 

They were from the Botox injections. I think she just bruised more in that area. 

Which means I have to apologize to Angela: I'm sorry that last episode, I mistakenly posted that you needed Botox in your wrinkly ball sack of a chest. It turns out that you already had it! If I were you, I'd ask for my money back. Unless your goal was to go from a 90 year old man's ball sack to an 89 year old man's ball sack, in which case: it worked! 

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

This is going to sound weird, but Juliana and Michael’s ex-wife have one of the best, most wholesome relationships we’ve ever seen on the show. I’m hoping all the prenup shenanigans and fake parenting showdown was producer driven. I love when they were both in the car shit talking Michael. Sarah was so earnestly listening to Juliana when she was opening up about all the terrible things she’s had to go through. She actually respects Juliana and cares about her as a person instead of writing her off as an empty sugar baby or a kid. The scene between them in the bridal shop was very cute and they seem to have a great mutual friendship and understanding. Regardless of what happens between Juliana and Michael, I hope she and Sarah stay friends. It will drive Michael up the wall if nothing else.

Yes, I totally agree. I loved this segment of the show, particularly as we never saw Michael at all this week! The friendship between the two women seems very genuine.

I felt sorry for Mike, you could almost see his heart breaking when Natalya was silent when she was asked if she loved him. He's definitely dodged a bullet and, of course, she's right that you can't really know someone after just three meetings. But this visit was the reality check they both needed so they could find out that they have fundamentally different viewpoints on life which, it seems, are insurmountable. If this is the end of it (and I hope for his sake it is), my only regret is that Natalya won't get to see the run-down farm she'd be living at in the arse-end of Oregon, and that she will never get to meet Bojangles, the one-toothed elf who lives in the barn.

I'm so bored with Blake and Jasmine and tuned out during their segment.

Likewise, Anna and Mursel.  What are the odds that he got to the gate and then changed his mind?

Angela and My-kul - ugh. She is so crass and low-class. I hope there is a scene where she storms into the American Embassy to find out why Michael was denied his K-1.

Syngin has clearly done hard manual work before - mining is no picnic. I can understand why he hated it. But he could have used the time Tanya was away to find out more about becoming a firefighter, or a police officer, maybe asking to go on a ride-along with the local FD or PD, learning what the physical requirements are for the job and what tests he'd need to pass. But that doesn't excuse Tanya shrieking at him in the car. She is vile and I can't see them lasting, or even getting to the point where they get married.

• Love 20
15 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Low rent Iggy Azalea's no introvert, she's just nasty, entitled and has had WAY too much plastic surgery, maybe we'll see her on Botched next.  

giphy.gif

Sarah wants Juliana and Michael to get married NOW, so he'll be someone else's problem.

Angela is looking to the future, to be on 90 Day Fiance The Other Way.

I don't like Tania, but I get her.  For years men have been doing whatever they want and no one says "boo" to them.  I think she feels, "I'm going to do whatever I WANT."  Still is selfish though.  Maybe Syngin is one of those men who likes being dominated.

I'm sick of the Beekepers Story.  That goodbye at the airport felt like some overdrawn scene from a romcom.

WRT jobs and professions I think more people, male and female end up with jobs that aren't the most fun and interesting all the time.  Coal miners, anyone who helped build a railroad, anyone who did factory work in the industrial age, and certainly people processing chickens and picking fruit.   

However, I would agree with Tania that she should follow her dreams or whatever.  Though I secretly think her dream is to have all the respect afforded to people who have a job without actually having to do any work. 

I do take issue with her pretending like she is some sort of adult or grown up who can "show leniency" to syngin when she is in the same damn leaky boat.  

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Callaphera said:

No but his friends would prefer her to get naked wasted and throw down shots with them 'cause they're weirdly involved in their buddy's relationship and they can't seem to wrap their head around anything else.  I don't get all the drama about Jasmin sitting down for the show. It looked like thirty people in a dingy club on open mic night, they played the smallest set in history (okay, it was probably longer than one chorus-and-bridge but that was all they showed us), and it was her first time going to one of his gigs. I don't think I'd want to admit that I was with the rainbow condom, either (thank you, Annie). 

All the above is why I'm glad the husband never has aspirations above "drummer in a local bar band that plays shows for fun and a little pocket money". Although I think I would make a pretty good Yoko.

Exactly! If I had a boyfriend in a band I would be more than down to go support him and sit in a booth and have some drinks and eat some food.  But more than likely I will not be hopping around - even if I like the music. 

What she did was totally fine. And I thought their interaction in the car was cute. She was laughing and smiling. 

And what's up with her talking about his parents moving out? Is that his apartment?? I was under the assumption that it was his mom's. 

5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Mike and Natalie.  I kinda love him right now.  The tone in his voice when he said "Thank you!" when she tossed the ring in the suitcase was golden.  He was calm, measured and just wanted to get the heck outta dodge.  She loved loved loved him and wanted a baby RIGHT NOW until the debt issue surfaced.  Fair, but she communicated it all wrong.  And looked crazy while doing it!!  What was with the "I am a woman, I can change my mind" or something like that?  No, when someone asks me if I love my man, I don't hesitate.  Ever.

I will marry him!  I loved that he didn't get loud or aggressive with her pushing. Did she not say she loved him when they got engaged?? I mean maybe she was looking to sabatoge the relationship after she found out that he wasn't interested in being religious. but it was just so bizarre.

With Mursel... I hope they got someone to translate to him on what him leaving really meant. I know she said multiple times that if he leaves he can't come back but does he really understand that? I would be SOOOOO pissed if I were her.  Unless he helped her pay for the visa but what a waste.... On pillow talk Annie and David actually understood his side. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

I will marry him!  I loved that he didn't get loud or aggressive with her pushing. Did she not say she loved him when they got engaged?? I mean maybe she was looking to sabatoge the relationship after she found out that he wasn't interested in being religious. but it was just so bizarre.

I am crushing on him with every bit of backbone he shows! He seems so sweet and tender too.

Sarah was very motherly and kind to Juliana, and despite me not liking her face, she seems like a good person.  She sure has some awesome kids.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Jasmin:  Please don't touch my face because I have makeup on.  Oh, and I also have body makeup on too, so please stay on your side of the cab and no touchie, my true love.

Setting powder would fix the makeup issue. Not Jasmin.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

Exactly! If I had a boyfriend in a band I would be more than down to go support him and sit in a booth and have some drinks and eat some food.  But more than likely I will not be hopping around - even if I like the music. 

What she did was totally fine. And I thought their interaction in the car was cute. She was laughing and smiling. 

And what's up with her talking about his parents moving out? Is that his apartment?? I was under the assumption that it was his mom's. 

With Mursel... I hope they got someone to translate to him on what him leaving really meant. I know she said multiple times that if he leaves he can't come back but does he really understand that? I would be SOOOOO pissed if I were her.  Unless he helped her pay for the visa but what a waste.... On pillow talk Annie and David actually understood his side. 

Women still face significant issues at gigs/concerts. Being groped, assaulted, shoved, thrown down, drugged, thrown up on, etc. I would be off to the side or at the back. 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Explain? What happened in Some Kind of Wonderful? Someone crushing on partner's friend? Or someone was in the closet?

Sorry. Guy has friend who is a gal. But said guy goes out on a lavish date with the hottest girl in school. Guy later realizes that "friend gal" is his true love and gets together with her.

The groupie of Blake's reminds me of the friend gal.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

no way jose. I use setting powder and i hate touching my own face! lol 

Funny story: The members of KISS were self-taught with their makeup when they first started out, and all had major issues with the cream they used (particularly the white clown makeup) mixing with the sweat on their faces and running into their eyes after about the third or fourth song of each show.

Finally, they had someone come up to them after a set and tell them they weren't using enough powder. Their reply was "We use liquid makeup." He said, "Yeah, but what kind of fixing powder do you use?" Their response: "What's fixing powder?" They'd literally never heard of it. After a trip to the drugstore to buy powder and cold cream, their subsequent shows were a lot less painful.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Leilani said:

I was going to comment on the Julianna body language and duping delight mentioned in your post.

I'm interested in what body language was revealed last week when mike asked Natalie if she'd applied for a Visa with another man. Her head was all the way tilted on her neck. 

4 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Blake still pings for me and I cannot for the life of me understand how he is unable to see Jasmine for what she is. I totally got "Some Kind of Wonderful" vibes from the dark haired "friend" of Blake who wants to make sure Jasmine is in it for the right reasons. I thought I heard Blake call her stupid in the preview for next time. That'll go over big. 

My conspiracy theory is that Jasmine is funding Blake's "music career", in order for her to get married & stay in the US. This is one foreign fiance who I'd pick to have family money backing her. I'm not sure Blake knows or not. 

Her sister may be doing something similar, maybe another American man who doesn't want to be filmed?

Looking forward to watching the show tonight. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

I'm interested in what body language was revealed last week when mike asked Natalie if she'd applied for a Visa with another man. Her head was all the way tilted on her neck.

Doesn't our friend ebirdonline discuss body language and deception tells? Maybe she'll discuss this? Or ask her! I love her reviews! 🤣

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

Has anyone else noticed that Blake holds his head really far back? Like, his head is at an unnatural angle in all of his interviews. He holds his chin up really high and kind of rests the back of neck on his shoulders. 

And a big smile. Like he's getting a bj during the interviews.

(Sorry but that's how it always strikes me. Mouth agape, head thrown back.)

Edited by BallisticNikki
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

Has anyone else noticed that Blake holds his head really far back? Like, his head is at an unnatural angle in all of his interviews. He holds his chin up really high and kind of rests the back of neck on his shoulders. 

I did notice that. It reminds me of the Sam Shepard backward/side head tilt that drove me a bit crazy while I was binge watching Justified over the weekend.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

They were from the Botox injections. I think she just bruised more in that area. 

Which means I have to apologize to Angela: I'm sorry that last episode, I mistakenly posted that you needed Botox in your wrinkly ball sack of a chest. It turns out that you already had it! If I were you, I'd ask for my money back. Unless your goal was to go from a 90 year old man's ball sack to an 89 year old man's ball sack, in which case: it worked! 

Blake pings for me too.

I did not know Botox could go into the chest but found out it only improves 20-30% of wrinkles and lasts a month. Her face looks like it’s been filled with a filler apposed to Botox. Not an improvement, just made her look fatter. She is such a bully I don’t know how he can manage to have sex with her. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

However, I would agree with Tania that she should follow her dreams or whatever.  Though I secretly think her dream is to have all the respect afforded to people who have a job without actually having to do any work.  

No, people shouldn't follow their dreams because their "dream job" is almost certainly not real.

I have a "dream job" doing something I am passionate about but it is also a job with like spreadsheets and copiers and such.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

After watching Mursel every week this season, I’m not convinced he has the mental faculties to even consent to an adult relationship at this point. Please, in the name of all things holy, please be on the next flight to mama. 

Anna is a sucky parent and her moles are retch worthy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

I think Blake's friends are annoying. I never understood why it was vital to be friends with your partner's friends. If Jasmin doesn't want to be friends with them who cares? She and Blake do not need to have every single thing in common. We saw a more relaxed and happy Jasmin in the car ride to the club. She just must be very reserved and Blake seems to understand and accept it. I like them.

I am not sure what Tania's and Syngin's fight was about. They both came off as dumb and childish. In an ideal world they would both split up and marry millionaires to fund their fantasies. Has Tania lived her entire life without knowing apples can be cut with knives?

Watching Anna and Mursel was heartbreaking. Even though they are annoying I want them to be together. 

Alien Mike is a very respectful man. Natalie is too old to be playing teenage games. I think she realized what an ass she made of herself and didn't know how to fix it, so she kept trying to test him to make it look like he gave up. Since they were staying together they didn't have the option to give each other space. 

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

After watching Mursel every week this season, I’m not convinced he has the mental faculties to even consent to an adult relationship at this point. Please, in the name of all things holy, please be on the next flight to mama. 

He also appears to have short little t-rex arms. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Mursel looks like a thalidomide baby

LOLOLOL.. He certainly looks and acts like there is something stunted there.  Good lord, Anna.. GET A BACKBONE AND A HINT.. this guy is a p...y and wimp and baby and just UGH.  If a guy was crying a river in front of me like that, I would have booted his ass out the door, locked it, and changed the locks.  She is desperate (I watch it going "really Anna? this is what you want?")

Gross.

Edited by Boston
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

Doesn't our friend ebirdonline discuss body language and deception tells? Maybe she'll discuss this? Or ask her! I love her reviews! 🤣

That was how I found her, but alas she hasn't done a body language video since the first one. 

Another different POV yt channel is called Reality TV Review by Cynthia G. but she doesn't do reviews very often. My favorite is Auntie's Advice, who reviews faithfully every week. Idk why I care about these chucklefucks.

• Love 4

I don’t go to work with my husband either so I get that about Jasmine. What I don’t get is why someone who’s into clean living and health food is able to reconcile that with having a face full of chemicals and neurotoxin, not to mention implants. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

At that particular gig I would have been crouched down in the booth cringing with embarrassment. That's the reason Bleak wears a ski mask.

The thing is.. and I know she is older and kind of a bitch.. when you are with a new person, you try to get into it (even if you don't like it) to show the guy you have interest.  She has NO interest in ANYTHING.. and her sister and she look EXACTLY alike with the frozen faces.  Just TRY, Jasmine

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

At that particular gig I would have been crouched down in the booth cringing with embarrassment. That's the reason Bleak wears a ski mask

Perhaps it would have been easier for both of them if Blake had made Jasmin wear the ski mask. She wouldn't have made him late because her makeup wouldn't matter, and she could hide out in a booth with her only friend without anyone recognizing her, or seeing her mortified expression as her betrothed performed.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Anna, do you really want a stunted, wimpy, mama's boy that you will be treating like a child the rest of your life to live with your smart, beautiful sons??? you will lose your sons.. I hope he doesn't come back.. but who knows.. she keeps chasing him.. GIRL, GET SOME PRIDE.  I would NOT want some low IQ guy crying on my floor.. my shoe would have been in his ass a long time ago.. and really, the sex was that good???? I doubt it.. I don't think she knows what 'good' is like.. again.. GROSS

annaandmurcel.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

That was how I found her, but alas she hasn't done a body language video since the first one. 

Another different POV yt channel is called Reality TV Review by Cynthia G. but she doesn't do reviews very often. My favorite is Auntie's Advice, who reviews faithfully every week. Idk why I care about these chucklefucks.

I love AuntiesAdvice, too! I was listening to her review this morning on the way to work. I feel she goes on a bit long at times but she has me howling w/ laughter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Is it wrong that I just hate Michael's ex's face?  I feel like I'm looking at the female version of Michael.  I do appreciate that she seems to genuinely like Juliana. 

I thought they looked alike, too - long lost cousins, lol.

I have zero problem with Jazmin at the club.  I would have a hard time getting up and dancing to that musical performance.   She sat there, looking at the band, talking with her sister.  That was enough for me.  Blake lose the mask.  Please.  

1 hour ago, EastCoast4Life said:

He also appears to have short little t-rex arms.

Mursel does have short little arms!!!  I agree with the poster upthread:  Talk about mixed messages:  "Choose me!"  "I am going to punch you!"  "Let me kiss you!"  "Mursel choose ME!"

Anna, go take a year off, focus on your bees, your kids and your career.  Go on Farmer's Only and see what pops up!!!  In a year.  Block all contact with Mursel.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Syngin cannot seem to fathom that sometimes people work an entire lifetime at a job they aren't absolutely wild about.  

Tania is so remarkably unlikeable that it's easy to forget that syngin is unlikeable too.  

I think it's awful rich that Tania wants to talk to syngin about getting a steady and boring 9-5 while she wants to be a self employed soap making witch doctor

Of course this checks all tania's boxes.....she can claim to be a respected medical professional (betcha she starts putting Dr. in front of her name), she got to go on vacation, she won't have much work and it seems like a very unregulated industry so there won't be any state mandated expectations for results or even competent work.  

Did she ever bother to explain how she is going to meet these goals she has or did she just start to lay into syngin?  LOL.  

My daughter lives in the next town over from where Tania lives.  Their goat farm produces hand lotion from the milk the goats produce once the kids go home.  They had to register with the State of Connecticut and produce tons of documentation as to their process.

The other night, my daughter was asked why she doesn't produce goat milk soap from her raw material.  First, she said, there's a lot of competition for soap making in CT; second, the rules for being able to make and sell the product were more stringent than the hand lotion.

Bottom line is:  Tania ain't doin' this, at least not legally, and she will be revealed on the show to the State who will come a-knocking on her she shed door asking for her documentation.  No amount of 'training' in CR is going to change those requirements.

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Natalie is just pushing boundaries to see how much shit she can get away with.  I feel sorry for Mike, it's hard to let go and she isn't going to make it easy.  But she is going to make his life miserable if he stays with her.  

It's a lot easier than we think - block her contact information.  No phone, no text, no Facetime.  Just turn it off and move on.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21