Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Bethany's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Do not post information from outside sources on this thread.  This thread is only for discussion of the show as we watch.

• Start Topic

Just now, Hellga said:

Before the surgery, she was eating nearly non-stop, and gaining.  Now her stomach is 90% smaller, but she is still gaining.  she must be eating truly non-stop, every waking moment.

Either that, or there really is some completely different problem. The production company must be tearing their hair out about not getting any "I just have the occasional small cheat day" footage out of her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This is true. She might not can control depression but she could accept treatment. She seems very resistent.

Sometimes it is easier to stay in your safe depression cocoon and wallow.  I know at times, when my depression was really bad, it was a loop of wanting to not feel so awful, but being resistant to actually acknowledging how bad it was. And the depression became part of my identity. Who was I if I was no longer the depressive person I had become used to being?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Oh how I wish that was the case in my house.  Mr. Judgey’s knowledge (and DVR space) of shitty tv shows is huge.  If it’s about some idiots looking for gold/treasure, doing “illegal” street racing, or making stupid shit like moonshine or swords, he’s gonna watch it.

My husband watches police procedurals, Hallmark Channel movies, and since my brother starting living with us, the Golf Channel.  He does not golf.  What a strange worlds we live in. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Oh how I wish that was the case in my house.  Mr. Judgey’s knowledge (and DVR space) of shitty tv shows is huge.  If it’s about some idiots looking for gold/treasure, doing “illegal” street racing, or making stupid shit like moonshine or swords, he’s gonna watch it.

What? He's not watching quality shows like us??

3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Do you like avocado toast? That's my new favorite breakfast.

I love avocado toast but I like it for supper. On wheat toast with a squeeze of lime, grape tomatoes and salt and fresh ground pepper. Yum. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, materialgirl101 said:

And the depression became part of my identity. Who was I if I was no longer the depressive person I had become used to being?

I think I have a bit of this going on; I've been thinking about it lately but was having a hard time putting it into words. So thanks for that (I think...). Sometimes if I'm in an especially good mood and someone comments on it, it makes me feel really uncomfortable, like...that's not right...?

-----

She's not getting the tools she needs, folks. So she's quitting.

• Love 3

I'm sorry, but why is she eating out?  They better show what she is ordering.

I am judgey. She ordered a side salad, TOO?  How about only?

She is buttering the bread...nothing is going to help.

Start by not BUTTERING the bread...ya think?

• Love 6

I'm so sick of that mustard yellow top.   The husband is looking worse every time they show him.    

She's not letting Dr. Now down, she's letting herself down, and her family.    She never even tried, did she?    Someone else who wanted to change could have taken her spot.  She's so selfish,.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Ivylady said:

Bethany has regained all the weight, it seems. No one understands her struggles, y'all. It's all the surgery's fault. 

And now she's quitting. She's afraid she'll let Dr. Now down. These bishes all feel like they're doing Dr. Now a huge favor. HE'S TRYING TO HELP YOU. YOU ARE NOT DOING THIS FOR HIM. HE'S DOING IT FOR YOU!

• Love 14

I am almost tempted to start up a business catering to delusional people like her.  Extremely unethical, but oh so evilly satisfying!

Off to see if I can stand another episode of 1000 pound sisters...  Have a good night, everyone! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

"I'm gonna find another way." 

Spoiler alert: You will NOT.

I don't know what it is yet. But there's another way that involves no effort from me. I'm sure of it. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

"No matter how hard it is or what it takes."   What it takes is for you to listen to Dr Now, follow the plan, and stop eating so much. But noooo... well, let's see what doing it your way gets you. 

• Love 9