Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Bethany's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Do not post information from outside sources on this thread.  This thread is only for discussion of the show as we watch.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm going to get a snack...yogurt and almonds OR a brownie?  Lol hmmmmm

Yogurt and almonds AND a brownie. And a large pizza. And maybe some ice cream and a Coke to wash it all down. Have to keep your strength up. 

• LOL 8

It's fascinating that she's attempted suicide and yet confesses that she doesn't have any need to go to therapy. 

You're a dumbass, Bethany.

4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

It seems a little... ehhh? to have a Twatney commercial during My 600 lb Life. 

I just wonder how much her "boyfriend" is getting paid to be on that show. (No, I don't watch it.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

She was an addiction therapist and she does not understand why the weight loss surgery is not working. What the hell kind of counselor was she? Not a successful one that’s for sure!  

Edited by Kid
  • Love 12

Of course the counseling went nowhere, because her attitude pre-determined the outcome.

In case you were wondering why doesn't Dr. Now send everyone to counseling right away...

Edited by Hellga
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I have anxiety too. But when I'm going through a particularly bad period of anxiety, I can't eat. Everything I try to eat makes me feel like I'm choking.

Me, too. I actually ate a lot of ice cream during that time because it was something I felt (mostly) safe trying to swallow. (Still get it sometimes but not so often.)

• Love 2

I know what's going to happen!  You will regain all the weight and then some, and die in a couple years!  So get off your ass and stop expecting the world around you to do all the work for you!  She honestly expected her family to make it so she doesn't want nor get food she isn't supposed to have?  The onus is not on them!

• Love 10

This woman does not deserve these two sweet children. They go to Houston to surprise her on Thanksgiving, and when they're doing the what are you thankful for question, she said she's thankful for having her weightloss surgery. So of course it's all about her. I much prefer Zoe's answer; we should all be thankful for unicorns for God's sake! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

She'd probably be a lot less depressed if she LEFT THE HOUSE and did something other than mope around and try to make out with a box of donuts.

The bad news is that it's just going to get harder and harder for her to lose weight and keep it off as she gets older. I'm turning 50 this year and I swear just looking at something with a lot of carbs in it makes me gain 10 pounds.

• Love 10

It's a small town, I bet by now the pizza delivery guys feel like part of the family, and come right in the living room to make deliveries.    

SHeldon is wasting away to nothing.    He's not looking well.  

She gained 6 pounds?   Dr. Now is going to erupt like Vesuvius.   Preach Dr. Now!   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Psycho Suzy said:

This woman does not deserve these two sweet children. They go to Houston to surprise her on Thanksgiving, and when they're doing the what are you thankful for question, she said she's thankful for having her weightloss surgery. So of course it's all about her. I much prefer Zoe's answer; we should all be thankful for unicorns for God's sake! 

And if she gave a fuck about someone other than herself, she would be helping her daughters get off the road she is on.

• Love 20
Just now, Hellga said:

I will have ice cream too, later tonight after I have my soup.  I had a tooth extraction and a gum graft two days ago, so I have trouble eating anything solid... 

Protip: pancakes with butter and syrup practically fall apart, if you get tired of the soup-and-ice-cream dance.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I am going to go out on a limb here...

She was a horrific counselor...I hope she didn't expect any of her patients to get better as a result of her counsel.  Perhaps they didn't believe in her as she doesn't believe in therapy for herself.

Piss-poor effort on her part... SMDH.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It's a small town, I bet by now the pizza delivery guys feel like part of the family, and come right in the living room to make deliveries.    

Does she rotate so they can't  keep tracking her consumption?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4