Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Bethany's Story LIVE CHAT

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Do not post information from outside sources on this thread.  This thread is only for discussion of the show as we watch.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Hahaha...

Dr Now:  That all sounds great....yada, yada, yada

Bethany:  Protein bars... Doesn't Snickers have protein in it?!?!?

Dr. Now:  Stop with the games, I've heard it all.

But Snickers are Low Glycemic Index food.

• LOL 5
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I'm eating healthy. Protein bars and cheese.

Wut.

She's lying there in her recliner, eating Brie and crackers. 

1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Haha, I didn't cheat, I stayed within the 1200 calories!

1200 calories per meal maybe. And 8 meals a day. 

NOW she's throwing out the junk food? Girl. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, aliya said:

Wait - you can get fentanyl in a patch? I think they gave that to me when I had cataract surgery. Do you mean I can get some to take home?  😲 I've got a doctor's appointment in another 2 months. Maybe I need a new script. 😄

If your doctor gives you any fentanyl patches, or any other pain meds and you don't need them, please send them to your good buddy Psycho Suzy. She knows how to put them to good use.

• LOL 11

Are she and the daughter really going to die of dehydration doing a 10-minute stroll around her carport? What's with the grasping of the water bottles?

4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Do more this time? Didn't he give her the same 60 pound goal?

And that's how we know for sure she was lying. "I do, like, a protein bar....". No you don't. If you were following the diet you'd be able to tell Dr. Now exactly what you were eating. The waffling and tentative responses while she tries to figure what she can get away with are dead giveaways. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

How come these kids aren't like regular ones who say Noooo, I'm too tired, get it yourself! Why so polite and quiet?

Because they know the kind of explosion they'll face if they don't comply.

• Love 7

"Me and Sheldon".  Did she photoshop her own Master's diploma?  What school awarded her one, especially in a discipline that requires talking to people!

She probably got her masters from one of those online diploma mills.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I just love seeing Dr. Now smile. I swear, it is one of my favorite things in the world...seeing that sweet sweet man grinning or smiling or laughing. He was smiling and trying not to giggle when he said it was ironic that she was an addiction counselor.

• Love 5
Just now, umgoblue said:

I know that I am late to the episode, but is Sheldon special?  Is there something I should know about him?

He was attracted by her intelligence.  That should tell you everything you need to know. heh

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Why does everyone on this show who's trying to lose weight also stop dying their hair?   That 6 inches of gray top hair is not going to make her feel better about herself.    If she takes some pride in her appearance, then she might start feeling better in general.   

The entire family needs a hair intervention.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

"Me and Sheldon".  Did she photoshop her own Master's diploma?  What school awarded her one, especially in a discipline that requires talking to people!

Someone needs to do some investigating online, I know you can find license information for counselors, not sure about education.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

I know that I am late to the episode, but is Sheldon special?  Is there something I should know about him?

The only thing I learned is that he can't drive on the interstate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

Those kids don't look very happy.  I think the whole family will need counseling.

Their mom doesn't know what Mrs. Dash is. I don't blame them for looking bummed when they have to eat unseasoned chicken. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
Just now, Ivylady said:

Is Sheldon getting smaller? Pretty soon, he's going to float away. 

There was a horror story I remember reading, where a beautiful vampiress was literally sucking life out of her victims to where they would physically shrink to the size of the doll.. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

Those kids don't look very happy.  I think the whole family will need counseling.

Because she's cowed them into compliance. What these shows don't see are the years of yelling and belittling and guilting that the Pounder has done to their families, especially the kids. 

No, they're not happy because she's not happy. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Ivylady said:

Is Sheldon getting smaller? Pretty soon, he's going to float away. 

Actually, he's going to shrivel up, and then she's going to eat the leftovers.

• LOL 5