Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Abs & Jabs

• Start Topic

As Melissa prepares for her Envy Fashion show, Teresa continues siding with Danielle over Margaret. Joe Gorga becomes increasingly concerned about Teresa’s mental state, while Jackie honestly discusses her eating issues with her kids.

Airdate 01.08.2020

Since Teresa is doing all the work now......Joe should not get a penny.

Read the prenup, Teresa!  

Dolores warns her soon-to-be divorced friend. 🤣

Well.....Joe did all the work while Teresa was in jail!

Why do they act.....like they are NOT criminals???!

It is so annoying! 🤣

Then any HW that wants to be friends with Tre has to ignore their *crimes* too....??.

• Love 10

Melissa annoys me to the nth degree. For someone that has such poor judgement about people, Theresa has nailed it with Melissa. She's living a teen fantasy where she's super young, super cute, and super spoiled. The realty is she's married, with children, and has little to no redeeming qualities, no talent, and is obsessed with what people think of her and being cool. I actually think the secret to Theresa's success is that she ISN'T calculating. She's just herself, and she's unique, and maybe not the brightest, but tries really hard, and I think a lot of people can identify with that. Melissa just tries to hard to seem sexy, cool, good mom, business, etc. Really, she's a stay-at-home mom. She isn't even pretty, and she's had gobs of surgery. Man, she just tries too hard to be relevant and stay on this show. I feel like Joe Gorga is in constant fear of Melissa.

When Teresa talks, I feel like it is what she is really saying. With Melissa, she censors everything for the cameras. I think Teresa's just very real. Like or hate it.

Joe Gorga hitting on his niece. GROSS. Typical though and not surprised. The only women that will pay attention are relatives. He's SO NASTY.

Margaret and Jackie. Both introverts. Awkward with one another. Cringy.

Melissa seems grossed out by Joe Gorga. All the time. 

It's interesting how hard Margaret wants Theresa to like her. Why?

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

I'm having an issue with my house and insurance. I'm convinced now that the most criminals are PAID to be dishonest, lie, argumentative, and assholes, to save money on claims. There are SO MANY shitty people out there who are "legally" working because of law loopholes. It's gross. Joe and Theresa did their time. They have been under the radar now for over 5 years, so their period of excess is way way over. Joe is now in Italy. Teresa is hustling to keep her house and lifestyle. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why is Teresa acting like marg just walked up to dirty Danielle and poured water on her and completely blocks out the fact that Danielle was pushing into her first until she was pulled away 

No true vitims in this bunch.  The others were off to the side doing their best impression of high school mean girls making comments about Danielle that she could hear prior to Danielle becoming aggressive. They're all jerks.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I'm having an issue with my house and insurance. I'm convinced now that the most criminals are PAID to be dishonest, lie, argumentative, and assholes, to save money on claims. There are SO MANY shitty people out there who are "legally" working because of law loopholes. It's gross. Joe and Theresa did their time. They have been under the radar now for over 5 years, so their period of excess is way way over. Joe is now in Italy. Teresa is hustling to keep her house and lifestyle. 

Teresa helps keep the lights on at Andy’s Bravo WWHL Clubhouse!

This is the only praise she will ever get from me! 🥳🍝🍷

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ichbin said:

No true vitims in this bunch.  The others were off to the side doing their best impression of high school mean girls making comments about Danielle that she could hear prior to Danielle becoming aggressive. They're all jerks.

But again why is Danielles behavior glossed over? Technically it is Danielle that got physical before the water poor. 

• Love 23

I’m pretty impressed that Margaret’s hair stayed in.  That was quite the pull.

Melissa is right that Margaret should stay away from Marty too.

Jen finally stood up to Teresa about Danielle.  I always pegged her as someone who would stand up to her bestie Teresa.  I’m glad that, by the end of the episode, Margaret finally began to get angry at Teresa, rather than just feel sad that Teresa wasn’t on her side.

<small voice> it’s technically more dangerous to throw someone in the pool unawares than to yank fake hair.  I don’t believe Margaret had whiplash any more than I believe Shannon had a concussion from a bop on the head on RHOC.  I do understand the tears on the car ride home though.  It’s really jarring to be assaulted like that, real or fake hair.  I can’t believe Margaret filmed her bedroom with clothes piled up everywhere.  I had secondhand embarrassment.  

Dolores looked ancient and dehydrated in that scene where she counseled Teresa on the prenup.  I was surprised.  She usually looks so dewy.

Why does every little clothing store on this show have to have a fashion show?  I thought designers had fashion shows, not stores.  This is positively provincial. Who is her target audience, customers?  It can’t be buyers, considering Envy is the buyer.  Wouldn’t social media be far more cost effective than a giant banquet hall with an open bar??  And Melissa is “the boss”...of what?  She doesn’t own the store, so she’s the boss of the menswear fashion show at Envy?  I only hope the power doesn’t go to her head...

There’s something so much more...nurturing about Jackie’s household as compared to Jen’s (and Teresa’s).  

Teresa needs a man in her life to shop for patio furniture?  Isn’t she humping the pool boy?

Frank Catania Jr makes me...shkeeve?  Is that the word?  I feel like Jersey Shore called and needs its cast member back.  Dolores is really cracking jokes to her ex-husband that their son won’t fit in a “ball hugger”?? 😒  Frank Jr doesn’t have anything approximating model proportions.  He’s not hot at all IMO.  He’s freakish.

It’s so odd that Gia is always on the scene when Teresa and Joe have adult conversations and she puts her two cents in.  It’s such an unhealthy dynamic.  Gia got her looks from her uncle??  I’m now going to need Teresa and Joe to account for every moment of the year 2000 or this is a new low for reality TV.

I really like Milania.  She seems like a good, sensitive kid.  Hopefully that’ll last.  

Not going to lie—sniper school sounds badass.

I don’t know how many muppets had to die for Margaret to wear that jumpsuit, but it was worth it.  A very cool, different look.  

Teresa doesn’t pick sides??  Her nose just grew.  

Dolores read the tea leaves and knew it wasn’t time for Teresa to talk, but if shit doesn’t go down at a RHNJ fashion show, did the fashion show even occur?  Anyone notice Lawyer McCreepy mingling in the background when Teresa poured the water on Jen and threw the glass?  What the fuck is their dynamic, or should I say, damage?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m pretty impressed that Margaret’s hair stayed in.  That was quite the pull.

Judging by the state of her hair at the fashion show I'm not so sure it did.

• LOL 14

Teresa just really is a vile person. She and Danielle deserve each other. They both have to  make a scene everywhere they go. Throwing water at Jennifer and then throwing the glass at Melissa's event - Who does that? They're both trash. I'm hoping Danielle turns on her, but since she's desperate to be on this show and Tre is her only way in, I doubt that will happen.

• Love 23

Man. Danielle not only pulled Margaret's hair, she clenched on like a damn Gila Monster. She wouldn't let go. 

But, call me a skeptic, did Margaret really have whiplash? I'm gonna need to see the doctor's report. 

Either way, Danielle was way out of line and Teresa's defense of the whole thing continues to be weird. She says Margaret's a big girl and can stick up for herself. Well, so can Danielle. If she really wants to think she doesn't pick sides, she should just stay out of it entirely. 

Teresa just has no ability to reason. She literally cannot feel bad for someone's situation if she didn't cause it? 

Then she throws water on Jennifer, in a complete fail to prove her point. But did she also break a glass? She's crazy. 

And I will say, she did start it this time - with the Joe phone call. And I think that if Joe specifically calls Gia's phone she should just be quiet and let them have their call. 

I LOVED Jackie's health talk with her kids. I struggled with anorexia in my late teens/early twenties. That's the kind of approach I wish someone had taken with me. 

Melissa's fashion show seemed very well done. 

Sniper school? Now that's an excuse I haven't heard yet. Oh well. I like Frank better than David anyhow, so I'm cool with the latter being absent. 

I have no words for Margaret's hair at the event. Did she forget to finish styling it? Did she wake up late and show up in last night's hair? What WAS that???

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19

Teresa is so narcissistic.  As long as nobody says anything about her she doesn't care how they treat other people. I was hoping her fallout with Danielle happened on camera but there wasn't a hint of it in the trailer.

• Love 14

I'm 100% objective here. Danielle did not hurt her back from Ashley pulling her hair and Marge didn't hurt her neck from Danielle. Danielle is still the most unstable.  She's legit cray. 

Teresa "throwing" that glass was pure editing manipulation somehow.  There was too much sound and zero reaction to it. 

Jennifer's kid putting her feet on the table made the yogurt in my stomach churn. 

I never understood the point of the Poshe fashion show beyond Bravo needing an event and the same goes for Envy. 

What is my personal damage that the thing I'm looking forward to is Juicy in Italy?  Whattyagonnado. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, charming said:

Teresa is so narcissistic.  As long as nobody says anything about her she doesn't care how they treat other people. I was hoping her fallout with Danielle happened on camera but there wasn't a hint of it in the trailer.

Oh they had a falling out? Tell me everything!

• Love 7

There have been way too many closeups, reaction shots, and camera pans to Gia lately. My sister (who doesn't watch the show) was over and actually thought Gia was also a HW. No, Bravo, no. I could see Gia missing the limelight and putting Rutgers on hold if offered a contract.

Edited by QQQQ
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Although we live in NYC, my son goes to school in New Jersey. Every year the school’s biggest fund raiser is a fashion show. I guess it’s a popular hyper local thing to do. I would LOVE it if the fashion show or prom could be held at The Brownstone.

By Teresa’s logic, Jennifer would have been completely justified in pulling Teresa’s hair after the water toss. Somehow I think she missed that point.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Oh they had a falling out? Tell me everything!

Us Weekly

There were reports that came out over the summer they had a falling out while filming.

Both of them have been tight lipped about what it was about.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, charming said:

Both of them have been tight lipped about what it was about.

Someone calling in to WWHL asked about it and Danielle gave one of her wordy replies that it seems she thinks are clever and intelligent that in end effect said nothing, but she didn’t deny it had happened either.

• Love 6

Just how many phone call privileges do you get in ICE ? I mean Joe seems to call a lot .  

How do you earn phone time and minutes ?

Sniper school... for civilians ?  ole Dr boy really has his hobbies...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8

I just don’t understand why Margaret can’t just drop it with Danielle. Margaret isn’t a saint and has so many financial burdens to be worrying about her. I feel kinda bad Danielle gets ganged up on and respect Teresa for saying two wrongs don’t make a right. I would pull at Margaret’s weave too if she dumped a full glass of water on me. What did she expect after provoking Danielle? 

Danielle has a seedy past. I would say she  is a strong personality and not everyone’s cup of tea. Wondering what she did to fall out with her last supporter? Time will tell. 

Edited by GonnahearmeRoar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

This is mean but I just gotta say Margaret’s whole outfit and style at the envy fashion show was horrible. It was like a hooker past her prime but still on the streets.

Im not minding Dolores this season so far but talking about her sons penis was weird.

Gia annoys me. I just get this vibe that she thinks she’s hot shit. Which doesn’t surprise me because of who her mother is. Teresa is really on another level of thinking she’s something special. It’s ridiculous.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Frank Jr doesn’t have anything approximating model proportions.  He’s not hot at all IMO.  He’s freakish.

He looks like his dad. Poor kid. 

7 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Melissa just tries to hard to seem sexy, cool, good mom, business, etc.

She really likes attention. The way she was prancing around on stage after the show. Slow your roll, woman, you're not all that. Come to think of it, she behaves that way at her birthday parties, too. All eyes must be on her as she dances and yells to her adoring fans  friends and has to remind every one how hot she is for her age. 

The fashion show was ridiculous. Why was everyone jumping and screaming as if they were in a strip club throwing dollar bills at the male dancers? These people have no class at all. They really do give NJ a bad name. I have cousins in NJ that have money (unlike myself) and they are lovely people with lovely friends and great kids. They don't all act like this shady bunch. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Man. Danielle not only pulled Margaret's hair, she clenched on like a damn Gila Monster. She wouldn't let go. 

But, call me a skeptic, did Margaret really have whiplash? I'm gonna need to see the doctor's report. 

Either way, Danielle was way out of line and Teresa's defense of the whole thing continues to be weird. She says Margaret's a big girl and can stick up for herself. Well, so can Danielle. If she really wants to think she doesn't pick sides, she should just stay out of it entirely. 

Teresa just has no ability to reason. She literally cannot feel bad for someone's situation if she didn't cause it? 

Then she throws water on Jennifer, in a complete fail to prove her point. But did she also break a glass? She's crazy. 

And I will say, she did start it this time - with the Joe phone call. And I think that if Joe specifically calls Gia's phone she should just be quiet and let them have their call. 

I LOVED Jackie's health talk with her kids. I struggled with anorexia in my late teens/early twenties. That's the kind of approach I wish someone had taken with me. 

Melissa's fashion show seemed very well done. 

Sniper school? Now that's an excuse I haven't heard yet. Oh well. I like Frank better than David anyhow, so I'm cool with the latter being absent. 

I have no words for Margaret's hair at the event. Did she forget to finish styling it? Did she wake up late and show up in last night's hair? What WAS that???

Yes to everything you posted!

Maybe that doctor's report will be like the one Vicki and Crooks gave to Shannon to read, lol.

I am more and more convinced that Theresa is either a psychopath or sociopath, I know that Danielle is both, no doctor report needed! 

Theresa has no empathy for anyone, all she had to do is say to Margaret, I can imagine how horrible that was for you but she physically could not do it and I think that is weird and sad.

When Tre threw water at Jennifer it was odd for two reasons, one we clearly heard Tre order OJ with a splash of cranberry but she had a glass of water moments later and two, Jennifer did not react like Jennifer would have normally reacted (remember that dinner last season with the glass throwing etc...).

Sniper school, that is a good one, I will have to use that excuse the next time there is a social engagement that I do not want to engage in.  Delores said it with straight face and I love that!

If ever Margaret deserved a hair pull it was at the fashion show...wow, her hair looked bad! It looked as bad as the folding table piled with sweaters in her bedroom.  

Joe is probably right, the money that Tre spends on hair and make up could fund an IRA account nicely.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
It's early?
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

When Tre threw water at Jennifer it was odd for two reasons, one we clearly heard Tre order OJ with a splash of cranberry but she had a glass of water moments later and two, Jennifer did not react like Jennifer would have normally reacted (remember that dinner last season with the glass throwing etc...).

It was Jennifer's water. She picked it up and asked if it was water. Jennifer said yes and Tre promptly threw it on her. 

9 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Yep, I heard it too.  Danielle's leaving the RHONJ to become a cooking goddess with her own cooking show.  What FOOL is backing THAT???

Marty probably?

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, NYCFree said:

Although we live in NYC, my son goes to school in New Jersey. Every year the school’s biggest fund raiser is a fashion show. I guess it’s a popular hyper local thing to do. I would LOVE it if the fashion show or prom could be held at The Brownstone.

By Teresa’s logic, Jennifer would have been completely justified in pulling Teresa’s hair after the water toss. Somehow I think she missed that point.

LOL  I was reading through comments before I posted, and you beat me to it  🙂 In my neighborhood, same thing, whether it be the public school, the catholic school or the women's auxiliary of a political party, there's tons of fashion shows and the local boutiques are always the one doing the "fashion"  In fact, I ran about 6 of them for my kid's catholic grade school.  They're alot of fun 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

The fashion show was ridiculous. Why was everyone jumping and screaming as if they were in a strip club throwing dollar bills at the male dancers?

It was like the "Jersey Shore Meatball Fashion Show". The fashion show they had on RHWOC was also lame.

• Love 5

So much is weird with these women. 
I knew Theresa wouldn’t let her SIL have a fashion show without doing something to hog the spotlight. I thought it would be worse than just throwing water, but what adult woman throws water, wine or pulls hair anyway? With these broads it seems normal. 
Melissa seems to think she’s the only working mother in the universe. Sheesh! Why is Margaret’s hair so bad over & over? Just go pick a style (preferably something from the last decade or 2) and get your hair styled. I’m calling BS on her having whiplash. Jackie: Please go buy a barrette and stop lining up dollar store hairpins. I think the overly thick, overly long jet black false eyelashes most of them wear, like Margaret in this episode, look horrible. They don’t enhance their looks. 

• Love 6

My thoughts this week:

1) The Chanel window dressing is spreading.  Earrings, necklaces, purses, belts, shirts, shoes - and now a wall hanging in Jackie's bedroom.

2) Although I think I prefer that over the clutch Delores was carrying that actually had "RHONJ" on the flap.

3) I burst out laughing when Melissa declared that if Teresa caused trouble at the fashion show, she was going to have sprinkle cookies sent to her house every day for a year and Melissa was going to make her eat them.  That was actually legitimately funny.

4) And I have to admit that when they showed the preview of the girls seeing Joe for the first time since prison, I got a little choked up.  Call me a sap, but that touched me.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She really likes attention. The way she was prancing around on stage after the show. Slow your roll, woman, you're not all that. Come to think of it, she behaves that way at her birthday parties, too. All eyes must be on her as she dances and yells to her adoring fans  friends and has to remind every one how hot she is for her age. 

She's on display on display on display!  Each and every day every day every day!

• LOL 17
  • Love 2