Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/6/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Mldyold said:

This was the second time I saw Judge Judy stumping for Bloomberg on TV.  She opened on Bill Maher show late last year and he didn't let her flesh out any reasons for her support without  interrupting and challenging anything she said.  Today was totally different and she was able to speak and explain her reasons for her support of Bloomberg. 

I saw her on Bill Maher too, but didn't mind his interruptions since she was trying to use his show (and the View) for an unpaid political advertisement, which is despicable, because I don't think she or her agent made that clear when she was booked.  If Bloomberg wants the same 1-2 segments that other candidates get, he should show up himself.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

So Abby was positive about Michelle Williams' remarks, in that she found it inspiring for women.  MeAgain shouted out that it was about abortion.  Abby ignored her and went on to finish her point.

MeAgain said she didn't watch the GG show, but she was confident enough to interrupt Abby (her bestie) that Michelle's speech was about "abortion".  Hmm, wonder where she got that idea?

This is what she retweeted before the show.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan, who didn't watch the Golden Globes, has to play movie critic and put in her two cent's worth about a random movie.

Yes, that was rude.  they're discussing an awards show, Meghan DID NOT WATCH, but she can't just shut up.  she has to announce that she didn't watch, and talk about a movie that she saw that she thinks deserved an award.  NO, if you didn't watch the show that's being discussed, you can shut up, listen to the others, and maybe ask a question about what they thought of it. 

Meghan still enters the set looking pissed off.  All the others are smiling, waving to the audience, but Meghan starts the show with a scowl.  

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, that was rude.  they're discussing an awards show, Meghan DID NOT WATCH, but she can't just shut up.  she has to announce that she didn't watch, and talk about a movie that she saw that she thinks deserved an award.  NO, if you didn't watch the show that's being discussed, you can shut up, listen to the others, and maybe ask a question about what they thought of it. 

Meghan still enters the set looking pissed off.  All the others are smiling, waving to the audience, but Meghan starts the show with a scowl.  

Oh yeah, nothing has changed in her pissy demeanor.  She marches out scowling, sits down, reviews her idiot points on her blue cards.  

But it is so interesting to realize that what she will say, is what she likes on her twitter, or what her husband has posted on his twitter.  She has no original thoughts. She cannot actually engage in a conversation with the other co-hosts.

I thought the show was very weird today.  They just came back from a two week break.  It might have been nice for Whoopi to ask people what they did on their break.  We know MeAgain was in Barcelona.  There are stories to be told.  How was it for Abby with her three little ones and family at xmas?  Nothing.  They launch right into the Trump attack on Iran.  

Even the Golden Globes segment was disjointed.  It started out with the topic being whether Ricky Gervais went too far, and the promo mentioned that he told celebs to not advocate, because, reasons.  They really didn't address any of that.  YAY for Abby, who actually got the point of Michelle Williams' remarks.  There was a lot at the GG that they could have had fun with, but didn't.  Instead we get MeAgain, scowling that she doesn't watch the GG and hey, everyone, go watch Uncut Gems.  Oh, and she said Adam Sandler was robbed.  Do we know if this movie was released in order to qualify?  I am guessing not.

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, bannana said:

So Abby was positive about Michelle Williams' remarks, in that she found it inspiring for women.  MeAgain shouted out that it was about abortion.  Abby ignored her and went on to finish her point.

MeAgain said she didn't watch the GG show, but she was confident enough to interrupt Abby (her bestie) that Michelle's speech was about "abortion".  Hmm, wonder where she got that idea?

This is what she retweeted before the show.

To be fair, a large chunk of Michelle Williams' speech was about "pro-choice" and how she wouldn't have the career she has today if she didn't have the choice of when to have her children. 

24 minutes ago, bannana said:

Instead we get MeAgain, scowling that she doesn't watch the GG and hey, everyone, go watch Uncut Gems.  Oh, and she said Adam Sandler was robbed.  Do we know if this movie was released in order to qualify?  I am guessing not.

It was released on the same day as "1917," the film that won Best Picture. 

Adam Sandler and Uncut Gems have been getting A LOT of Oscar buzz on social media since the movie was released. It's on my to-do list.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

To be fair, a large chunk of Michelle Williams' speech was about "pro-choice" and how she wouldn't have the career she has today if she didn't have the choice of when to have her children.

Thanks @Blissfool for the info on Uncut Gems.  I have read the buzz about the movie, too, but am surprised then that they received zero nominations for the GG.  That has to be a story in itself, why would 1917 not only get nominated, but win, and Uncut Gems get no nominations?  That doesn't seem right.

I heard a different Michelle Williams speech, but, I get that, because it is through my lens.  MeAgain, who didn't watch the speech, heard "abortion", which is what she yelled out while her bestie Abby was talking about how much she liked Michelle's speech.  Abby heard a woman talking to women and encouraging them to vote.  Abby's takeaway seemed to be around the inspirational and motivational part of the remarks, whereas MeAgain just barked out: Abortion!

• Love 16

I half watched,  and after watching Meghan come out in her red dress I was disappointed that she was still on the panel. Looks like I'll not watch most of the season again.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, nokat said:

Because Sunny mentioned it, Trump accusing Obama of starting a war with Iran is rich.

There is a tweet for everything. It is amazing how the internet is truly forever..

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

No, you're right. But the one who did that is the one who told her to join the show.

-

Meghan said that Suleimani was the head of a terrorist organization when he was a top Iranian official. Why didn't anyone counter this? She's essentially saying that the Iranian government is a terrorist organization. That's scary.

The Quds Force is a declared terrorist organization by the US government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quds_Force#Designation_as_a_terrorist_organization

Interesting that Meghan gave a shout out to Adam Sandler and Uncut Gems.  I seem to recall reading somewhere that Sandler is a Trump supporter.  That couldn't possibly have anything to do with her giving the movie a plug, could it?  LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

Interesting that Meghan gave a shout out to Adam Sandler and Uncut Gems.  I seem to recall reading somewhere that Sandler is a Trump supporter.  That couldn't possibly have anything to do with her giving the movie a plug, could it?  LOL

I would believe that. 

Her bringing up that movie was just bizarre.  So it's a good movie. So Adam Sandler is getting good reviews.  The topic was the Golden Globes.  Once again Meghan makes it about her. She didn't watch the awards so she needs to bring the conversation back to her so she talks about a movie she liked.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:
22 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

No, you're right. But the one who did that is the one who told her to join the show.

-

Meghan said that Suleimani was the head of a terrorist organization when he was a top Iranian official. Why didn't anyone counter this? She's essentially saying that the Iranian government is a terrorist organization. That's scary.

The Quds Force is a declared terrorist organization by the US government.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quds_Force#Designation_as_a_terrorist_organization

I was going to point that out, too.  And just today, Iran designated the US Military and Pentagon terrorist organizations....this is getting scary!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

What is happening??  I understood me-Again, and agreed with her!!  Lol

And then...... she lost me!! 😂

Same here. Megan is right in that politics is no longer about ethics, it is about winning no matter what. It is why the Democratic party is always getting played.. Bolton is a Trojan horse..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

I hate when Meghan tries to make politicians - particularly Dem politicians -  use whatever phrase or word SHE wants them to use. Why is she trying to force Warren to use the word ‘terrorist’? Just let her talk, JFC. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Poor Missy, she got over-talked by Sunny & looked to the Producer for help.  Gawd!!

But....but.....I thought she was such a tough chick.   Looks like she's just another weak entitled bully waiting for someone else to come to her rescue.

• Love 14

How far in did Abby say that (the thing about growing up political)?

I'm just watching now, but they talked over each other so much during the first segment, I stopped listening (I'm working on something else at the same time). 

I've only watched the first 10 minutes. Do I have to rewind, or is it still to come?

Never mind. I found it. At about 6 minutes, when they were talking about whether Bolton would cover for Trump or come clean, Abby said:

"Well, I've also been in -- politics was my upbringing, too. And a lot of people have been around politics or know politics. Whether you have family there or not, this show's about opinions." She went on to say she thinks that he's knows a lot, and that he wants people to know what is going on in the WH.

Ugh. She even lies down, while she's taking a stand.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

A person named Adam Sandler has donated to Trump. It's not that Adam Sandler, but he gets blamed (or praised) for it, just the same. The famous Adam Sandler keeps his politics (if he has any) private, which could also be why Meghan likes him. 

1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It was near the end, just before Sunny and McCain went at it.

Found it. Thank you.

1 minute ago, General Days said:

A person named Adam Sandler has donated to Trump. It's not that Adam Sandler, but he gets blamed (or praised) for it, just the same. The famous Adam Sandler keeps his politics (if he has any) private, which could also be why Meghan likes him. 

He keeps it private because he is a Republican. I wouldn't mention that shit either. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Tammee said:

Oh i know!  Its horrible for her!  I dont know if she was going for a pixie-ish, or a bob, or a shag.  Shes got elements of all three hee.  I dont know, it just seems lifeless, like too much product. It was so much better before.  Makes me wonder if its been damaged and she cant do anything with it for a while, for it to heal.  Its not too awfully bad if shot from the left side, but straight on, nooo  Im sorry JJ, love you and nunya my business!  P.S.   agreed JJ does not suffer fools lightly

I actually heard her address this in an interview.  Taking to small talk

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

He keeps it private because he is a Republican. I wouldn't mention that shit either. 

I don’t like Adam don’t find him funny in the least ,and never watch his movies after a particular offensive one years ago.  Opera man is irritating. I did look up this other Adam Sadler who has been arrested for his street performing and being anti Semitic . I didn’t look up amount of donation to see if it was a feasible donation from a street performer in an Elmo costume. Adam did do a anti Trump rap on SNL though.  Mega horn shouting that about his movie was bizarre and desperate to Once again make it about Me Again.  
what an ego she has. I’m not here to argue ethics I’m here to explain politics to you.  Really?  I noticed she squints when someone is out talking her. 
So fricking condescending telling Warren she believes she supports our military. So the left doesn’t support our armed forces?  On a positive note her ears were beet red as was her chest after taping her fingers ready for her attack on Warren. Fail.

Sorry General Days I didn’t see your post before posting 

same Vanderboom regarding the squint 

i am especially slow hitting submit 

I’m slow hitting submit after posting.

Edited by athousandclowns
Repeat
  • Love 12

Megaphone squints when someone else is talking because her brain cannot comprehend real talk/opinions without reading them off of blue cards via hubby. 

What a maroon. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
41 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Megaphone squints when someone else is talking because her brain cannot comprehend real talk/opinions without reading them off of blue cards via hubby.

What a maroon.

Megaphone, perfect description.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Same here. Megan is right in that politics is no longer about ethics, it is about winning no matter what. It is why the Democratic party is always getting played.. Bolton is a Trojan horse..

Not sure it has ever been about ethics. But calling Bolton a war hawk was too true.

Whenever Meghan talks about service, I think, I haven't seen you in fatigues yet. 

Edited by nokat
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

She might think that as there was a lot on twitter about this but as far as I could tell it's been debunked as a different Adam Sandler from oregon.  His opera character made fun of trump on SNL last year.  But it wouldn't surprise me if MM supports him because she thinks he's a supporter!

• Love 4

So I’m confused.  Hasn’t MM been telling us over and over that trump is going to win again...that the Dems don’t have someone to beat him?  Then today says Bolton is trying to get in the next administrations good side to get a job again and, when asked does she mean trump, she says “do you think he’s going to win”..implying that she doesn’t think that?  I doubt he’s sucking up to a Dem administration, so what R administration is he making nice to it trumps the candidate?  I got more confused just writing that.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Go Abby!  Even after Abby shut her down, MeAgain was sputtering in response to Sunny's shutdown that thinking that anyone is going to go by their conscience is naive.

4 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

So I’m confused.  Hasn’t MM been telling us over and over that trump is going to win again...that the Dems don’t have someone to beat him?  Then today says Bolton is trying to get in the next administrations good side to get a job again and, when asked does she mean trump, she says “do you think he’s going to win”..implying that she doesn’t think that?  I doubt he’s sucking up to a Dem administration, so what R administration is he making nice to it trumps the candidate?  I got more confused just writing that.  

She made absolutely no sense and that is why it was confusing.  She is saying Bolton wants to testify to position himself well for the next administration.  But that doesn't even make sense because if he tells the truth, the Repubs will be pissed at him.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

9 minutes ago, bannana said:

She made absolutely no sense and that is why it was confusing.  She is saying Bolton wants to testify to position himself well for the next administration.  But that doesn't even make sense because if he tells the truth, the Repubs will be pissed at him.

I think Meghan knew she wasn't making sense and just kept talking trying to talk her way out of it and failed miserably.  What she was trying to say is Bolton wants to still be a player in the game. So either he is going to testify and make Trump look good or he is going to testify and make Trump look bad so  he will be impeached and a Democratic president will want Bolton on his team. Or something like that.

• Love 9