Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/6/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, bannana said:

There was a moment today where it looked like Whoopi might lose her cool.  She really does not like it when MeAgain  talks smack about Obama.

It was when McCain interrupted her. She was already upset when Joy had cut in, but Joy at least redirected the conversation back to her so she could finish her thought. Then McCain interrupted not long after that and she looked ready to snap. I think it's because Whoopi didn't really talk much the first two days this week already. She was probably getting pissed that the one time she was trying to speak, she was getting interrupted.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

She was probably getting pissed that the one time she was trying to speak, she was getting interrupted.

If Whoopi could articulate her thoughts better and not ramble on with random words and an occasional "poop" because she can't think of the correct term, Meghan would not have time to interrupt her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

If Whoopi could articulate her thoughts better and not ramble on with random words and an occasional "poop" because she can't think of the correct term, Meghan would not have time to interrupt her.

tenor22.gif.1edfce77876e34eda376ca6a6e56db50.gif

If Whoopi got paid by the word* or coherent thought, she'd have about 16 bucks by the end of the week. 

* "you know," "here's the thing" and "poop" not included.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I think we all agree about Whoopi's piss poor ability to articulate her point of view, and use better, less childish, words. She wd find that she embarrasses herself, if she had any self-awareness.

Sorry, but I disagree on the Me-again part.

Megaphone frequently interrupts everyone...hosts, guests, and audience members

She interrupts in gaps and when they're speaking, and when they're reading disclaimers. 

She gets angry when others interrupt her long diatribes --pre-written blue card via hubbie's opinion. 

She gets angry when they ignore her as she's trying to interrupt (yay EW).

She gets angry... wait....never mind. Mehgun is always angry,  isn't she?

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

And let’s not forget how anti-abortion she is. Rabid pro-life when it’s a mass of cells...not so much when it’s masses of people in a foreign land. 

I will never understand people who think like this. I’d take Meghan’s pro-life stance more seriously if she were consistent. 

• Love 17
40 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:
1 hour ago, hisbunkie said:

And let’s not forget how anti-abortion she is. Rabid pro-life when it’s a mass of cells...not so much when it’s masses of people in a foreign land. 

I will never understand people who think like this. I’d take Meghan’s pro-life stance more seriously if she were consistent. 

And they are also pro death penalty. I just don’t get it. 
Just because it needs repeating, pro choice does not mean pro killing.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Me: Whoa! Abby's monologues are on point today. I'm agreeing with so much of what she's saying.

My mother, calmly: The babies must have slept last night.

Abby was making good points the other day. Hopefully she continues to get better and better. 

2 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Abby was cracking up at the end of that segment. They’re really much more relaxed today. It’s palpable. 

I’m looking forward to today’s episode!

• Love 10

I haven't watched the last two days, but did see Meghan had a some dust up with Eliz Warren and I did see a few minutes when she was going at it with Sunny.

So the first week back and she can't make it five days??? Ummmm

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Jillian Michaels commonly comments on other people's weight without being asked, so it was bizarre that she would object to a host asking her.

Me-gun doesn't even wait for gaps in conversations, she interrupts mid-sentence and sometimes mid-word.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9

This is such a fun show.  I'm having a good time.  I hope you guys are having a good time.  The hosts are having a good time.  The mood is so lighthearted.  It must be so nice for them not to have to walk on eggshells.  Abby even got the giggles when Joy asked about Trump's sniffing.

The powers that be should sit down, take a good look at this episode, and consider whether it's worth it to have Meghan continue on the show.  She contributes nothing positive to the show.  

There was a comment in the Page Six article from someone at ABC who was asked about the petition to remove her, and they said something about 'we have smart women....'.  Meghan is not smart, at least not on this show; she's more likely to spout disinformation, and she can't even adequately perform the basic skills anybody else hosting this kind of show would know, and be expected to know, how to do.   And apparently, she's creating a toxic work environment backstage as well.  She's not worth it.    

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 18

What a wonderful show today. Too bad Ana couldn’t have been there, too, but with only four of them and no hostile presence, they all got time to speak comfortably. Sunny was so right about the media’s blatant racism towards Meghan Markle; I’m delighted for the woman that she’s getting away from that now.

I’ve never understood the extreme stanning for Michael B. Jordan’s hotness—I always thought Chadwick Boseman was more attractive, personally—but he looked very svelte today in that white suit. EDIT: I see others didn't like the outfit as much as I did, lol. But I think he looked nicer in part because he isn’t as bulked up as he was; he looks better slimmer.

Abby trying to egg on the lasagna hysteria made me laugh so hard.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9

What a great show today. Everybody was enjoying themselves, having fun, giving their opinions.  No temper tantrums, nastiness, disinformation and lies. Wow just wow.. Why can't we have this everyday.. The best thing is that the special snowflake was absent. If only Ana was here today..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 20
15 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

What a wonderful show today. Too bad Ana couldn’t have been there, too, but with only four of them and no hostile presence, they all got time to speak comfortably. Sunny was so right about the media’s blatant racism towards Meghan Markle; I’m delighted for the woman that she’s getting away from that now.

I’ve never understood the extreme stanning for Michael B. Jordan’s hotness—I always thought Chadwick Boseman was more attractive, personally—but he looked very svelte today in that white suit. EDIT: I see others didn't like the outfit as much as I did, lol. But I think he looked nicer in part because he isn’t as bulked up as he was; he looks better slimmer.

Abby trying to egg on the lasagna hysteria made me laugh so hard.

You’re not alone, I liked it too!

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I’ve never understood the extreme stanning for Michael B. Jordan’s hotness—I always thought Chadwick Boseman was more attractive, personally—but he looked very svelte today in that white suit.

I am not making any sort of personal attacks or meaning to start anything like that, but I would suggest rethinking this statement. 

As a man of color, I've often had my looks compared specifically to other men of color. It usually doesn't sit well with me because it puts black men into a subcategory rather than us just being the default. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

I gave up watching this show back in November because I found my blood pressure rising just looking at Megaphone! (Kudos to whoever came up with that one!) I thought I would give it a try again in the new year so today I'd my second show. I'm loving the new  outspoken Abby, especially when she stood up to Meghan yesterday. And today was extra delightful without the raging mouthpiece there at all!

If only the people in charge would seriously look at getting rid of her!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Richard said:

I am not making any sort of personal attacks or meaning to start anything like that, but I would suggest rethinking this statement. 

As a man of color, I've often had my looks compared specifically to other men of color. It usually doesn't sit well with me because it puts black men into a subcategory rather than us just being the default. 

It's more because they were from the same movie....

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Richard said:

So if we just say you're hot without comparing you, it's okay?

I feel like I should clarify, that thinking black men are hot is okay and you won't be offended if a mixed race woman says whoa.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 1

Joy does know that exercise is not just for losing weight but it's also good for your health?  I guess I'm one of the people coming out the woodwork to criticize her.  If she doesn't want to exercise then she doesn't have to but for her to say exercise is stupid is well, stupid.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Joy does know that exercise is not just for losing weight but it's also good for your health?  I guess I'm one of the people coming out the woodwork to criticize her.  If she doesn't want to exercise then she doesn't have to but for her to say exercise is stupid is well, stupid.

And her saying "skinny bitch" was a little insulting imo. I don't care if she is joking. Aren't you doing the same thing you are speaking out against? Bodyshaming goes both ways idc.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

And her saying "skinny bitch" was a little insulting imo. I don't care if she is joking. Aren't you doing the same thing you are speaking out against? Bodyshaming goes both ways idc.

This is a sore point with me. You look anorexic. We can't all choose our bodies.

And for those looking at my comments on My 600 lb life, I'm not proud.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

Exactly.   Calling someone a skinny bitch is the same as calling someone a fat pig.  Whether she is joking or not she is commenting on someone's weight in a derogatory manner.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Just imagining Joy doing aerobics makes me laugh.

I remember years and years ago they did segment about BW and Joy’s  gym routine which was just upper body strengthening. 
so is Whoopi still filming or has she decided to make this her look? 

• Love 3

I'm a white woman and think Michael B. Jordan, Chadwick Boseman and Idris Elba are all hot, along with many men of other races.  Each race is not limited to one hot guy.  The hotness is based more on confidence, tenderness, sense of humour and bone structure, not race.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10

I’m someone who’s always been on the thin side. At times I felt I wasn’t thin enough (skinny fat), and I was anorexic for awhile. I’ve had people make comments about my thinness that were hurtful. It can be annoying when you know what an eating disorder is and know you are now healthy and eat plenty and people want to say you don’t eat enough. I haven’t watched today’s episode yet, but when I have heard Joy say skinny bitch, she sounds playful, not like gross girl you’re skinny! Get some curves. Have a burger. Be a REAL woman. Those are the comments that I find offensive. To each his own though. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 19
39 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Exactly.   Calling someone a skinny bitch is the same as calling someone a fat pig.  Whether she is joking or not she is commenting on someone's weight in a derogatory manner.

She’s been using that expression for years and it’s a smack down on the obsession with everyone trying to look like a model.  Eddie Murphy used to say about women on first dates who order just salad , he called them salad eating bitches.  We are obsessed  because I can remember a time when if you took a picture of your lunch people would think you were  crazy. Gym .,working out and food have become a religion that has to be shared ad nauseam.   I was very thin the majority of my life and heard the eat a hamburger too this is not the same. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Love 14

My opinion is that Joy grew up old school(50's/60's)  when women didn't exercise as a integral part of their days--, nor did they have the time if they worked outside of the home and raised kids in the home, nor were there the plethora of gyms and health information that there is now.  

Remember Jane Fonda videos? Olivia Newton John's" Let's get Physical?" I think Weight Watchers started in the early 60's. I joined in the late 70's. 

I don't like the term "skinny bitch" either.  It's hard to change your body type, whether it's dieting or learning to cook healthy, or overcome eating disorders. That said, I abhor the bully-types like Jillian Michaels who fat shame also.

My mom tried to gain weight all her life, but her metabolism was such that she stayed a size 8. She was teased about her legs and then always embarrassed about them although they looked totally normal to me.. I bet her bullies were jealous. Frankly, in the old black and white photographs, my mom looks like a fashion model.  She "exercised" via housework ,vacuuming, taking  laundry up and down the stairs, and hanging out the wash on the clotheslines, folding it and ironing, cooking made-from-scratch meals, sewing our clothes, walking to the store (she learned to drive when she was 45), gardening, and leaning over the fence to gossip with neighbors. 

Nevertheless, I love Joy. No one's perfect.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Richard said:

I don't understand your beef.. There is nothing wrong with women talking about a man's looks. Men do it all the time about women and often in a demeaning way. I am Black and what is wrong with making a comment about a Black man's looks, no one said anything wrong about their ethnic features. I happen to think both Michael B Jordan and Chadwick are beautiful men and their race have nothing to do it. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

I've felt this way since I was old enough to develop opinions about controversial issues.  Say there are no abortions.  The pro-life people say putting a child up for adoption is an option.  Well, yes, but are they're enough people who would adopt children nowadays?  If someone can't afford to have a child at a particular time, they'll need financial and child care assistance.  Most people who are against abortion have no interest in making sure that's available.  What about someone who has no interest in having children at all?  You're going to force a child to grow up in a home where they're not wanted?  As unfortunate as abortion is, that's so much worse. 

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

My opinion is that Joy grew up old school(50's/60's)  when women didn't exercise as a integral part of their days

My mother was born just a few years before Joy, and the impression I had growing up was that the only people who exercised were those who participated in sports as a recreational activity or people who wanted to lose weight.  I remember looking at her magazines like Woman's Day and Family Circle and it seemed like every issue had an article with exercises you could do for weight loss.    

Exercising for it's own sake was not a thing.  It was as rare to know an adult who was into jogging or weight lifting, for instance, as it is to know someone now who, say, flies planes for a hobby.  I don't think being active simply because it's good for you became a common belief and was something doctors recommended until sometime in the 80s.

4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven’t watched today’s episode yet, but when I have heard Joy say skinny bitch, she sounds playful, not like gross girl you’re skinny!

Joy's been using this phrase for years, and yes, in a playful, humorous way, and to people she actually likes.  She's not being critical, and often says it to people who wouldn't really be considered skinny at all, except maybe slimmer than she is.  I would love to know, though, about the first time she used it, just to see how it started.  

• Love 16
9 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Interesting that everyone presumes it was M Markle who wants out from the Royals. 

I thought this, too.  I also wondered if Prince William is ever jealous of Harry’s freedom.

9 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Interesting that everyone presumes it was M Markle who wants out from the Royals. 

I thought this, too.  I also wondered if Prince William is ever jealous of Harry’s freedom.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lusinia said:

My mother was born just a few years before Joy, and the impression I had growing up was that the only people who exercised were those who participated in sports as a recreational activity or people who wanted to lose weight.  I remember looking at her magazines like Woman's Day and Family Circle and it seemed like every issue had an article with exercises you could do for weight loss.    

Exercising for it's own sake was not a thing.  It was as rare to know an adult who was into jogging or weight lifting, for instance, as it is to know someone now who, say, flies planes for a hobby.  I don't think being active simply because it's good for you became a common belief and was something doctors recommended until sometime in the 80s.

You are correct.  I am younger than Joy (but not by a lot)  and I did not grow up with the thought that people, especially women, should exercise.   Exercise was about losing weight or playing sports, and most women did not play sports. If you exercised to lose weight, it was all about having the perfect body so you could attract a man.   

There was also the idea that lifting weights was bad because having muscular arms would make you look masculine.  

• Love 10