Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/6/2020

TheView
  • Start Topic

Ooh, Abby struck back at Meghan.  More of this, Abby.

Yes, she's gracing us with the privilege of watching her on The View to Megansplain politics to all us ignorant folks in the audience.  Since she knows most people don't have a politician in the family we couldn't possibly learn about how things work in Washington from anybody else but her.  She could be working as a big-time political consultant, but she's slumming on this show, for us, dammit, so we need to sit up and listen to her.

And she seems to think we're all waiting with bated breath for her to smack down Uncle Lindsey. 

And then she thought she was being so clever when she got in a dig at Mayor Pete during Elizabeth Warren's interview. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think Meghan knew she wasn't making sense and just kept talking trying to talk her way out of it and failed miserably.  What she was trying to say is Bolton wants to still be a player in the game. So either he is going to testify and make Trump look good or he is going to testify and make Trump look bad so  he will be impeached and a Democratic president will want Bolton on his team. Or something like that.

Yeah, that’s what it sounded like...just doesn’t make any sense.  She’s an idiot. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Yeah, that’s what it sounded like...just doesn’t make any sense.  She’s an idiot. 

I couldn't tell if Meghan thought Bolton's testimony would somehow help Trump, and then Trump would rehire him, or, if Bolton put the final nail in Trump's presidency, President Pence would hire him.  Or if Bolton is looking down the road to a different possible Republican administration in the future.  Or some other prestigious job in Washington.

Meghan is very good at projecting the persona of someone who's an authority on something, but that's all it is - acting, and she doesn't bother to make an effort to memorize the lines.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, UpTooLate said:

Oh my, guys and gals! This is Meghan's face -- and EAR -- right after she did her badgering to try to get Elizabeth Warren to say Soleimani was a terrorist. They may be able to put cover-up make-up on her chest to prevent us from seeing how flushed and nervous she gets, but the ears give it away!

I checked later in the show and Meghan's ears were back to normal.

I guess she's just "flush" with victory here!

MMs_Ear.jpg

france laughing GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

Meghan was right about the politics thing. It's just about winning. Which she has stated she loves. Sunny pretending it should be about ethics is just willful ignorance. She is right that it should be about more than that, but it's not, so there you have it. So please stop with the feigned outrage, Sunny. It's beneath you.

Meghan is all about those gotcha moments, isn't she? Thankfully Warren didn't let her have it.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, lusinia said:

Ooh, Abby struck back at Meghan.  More of this, Abby.

Right?!?! All this time, I wondered if Abby found Meagan annoying. I got my answer. I like how she pointed out that she grew up in a political family as well but this show is about opinions. LOL. It was polite shade.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, lusinia said:

And she seems to think we're all waiting with bated breath for her to smack down Uncle Lindsey. 

She said she spoke to him a couple days ago. I could have sworn a couple months ago she said she was no longer speaking to him.

11 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan is very good at projecting the persona of someone who's an authority on something, but that's all it is - acting, and she doesn't bother to make an effort to memorize the lines.

She is playing a "political pundit".  She has no credentials. I doubt anyone at ABC labeled her as such.  It was glorious to see Abby pull out the "being a part of a political family" card yesterday. Meghan uses that to proclaim herself an expert and Abby let her know she was't the only "expert" at the table.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She said she spoke to him a couple days ago. I could have sworn a couple months ago she said she was no longer speaking to him.

She's a lying liar who lies who can't keep her lies straight which results in her contradicting herself and continuing to look stupid.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I have nothing to back this up with....but do you think the president purposely speaks when The View is on?  Its a little early for the folks on the west coast no?  I don't know, I just suspicious of everything lately.

And I love Sen Warren for not acknowledging MM one single bit.  I wonder what MM needed to shift gears on?  Anything to interrupt something that may hurt her tribe...

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

That doesn't negate the fact that he was a senior government official for Iran. So it's not like taking out some rouge terrorist leader. I also find it weird that Iran's army are considered terrorists in the first place. I may not like Iran, but that's weird to me.

In any case, Meghan being bomb crazy is also dangerous and no one on the panel should ever entertain her murderous ways. If she wants to go to war with Iran then she needs to be the first one to sign up and go overseas for it.

Meghan is like a child playing a video game who wants to get the bad guy. Does she value peace and human life the way she does retaliating and winning? 

Meghan claims to love the military oh so much, but she seems to love war more. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan claims to love the military oh so much, but she seems to love war more. 

It makes me so angry. She frequently calls herself a Warhawk on the show, even as recently as yesterday she referred to herself as such. Yet she was on Twitter last night sending her “thoughts and prayers” to the troops. How about stop pushing for and cheering on endless, senseless wars that put them in harm’s way in the first place? 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23

Sunny, Joy and Abby are both talking about how the potential was is depressing. Abby even saying how killing Solemani was wrong. Meghan is for the war though and saying it's a good thing.

Abby....damn. Her entire speech was great and she put the vets first more than the resident self proclaimed veteran lover on the table.

• Love 22

Sorry, Meg, waiting to hear how Trump responds doesn’t make me feel better today.

i agree with Sunny that if hope comes with the Iranians’ measured response we are in trouble. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9

Abby is usually clueless and naive, but she's able to speak well about the troops, explain why this situation makes no sense and speak out about this messed up situation with a clear lens.

Meanwhile, Meghan just says "I'm happy Soleimani is dead and I'm a war hawk." 

After hearing Sunny get a bit emotional over the draft and what it means for her son, how can Meghan sit there and be for a war like this? Especially when she's not taking part in it. 

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

It makes me so angry. She frequently calls herself a Warhawk on the show, even as recently as yesterday she referred to herself as such. Yet she was on Twitter last night sending her “thoughts and prayers” to the troops. How about stop pushing for and cheering on endless, senseless wars that put them in harm’s way in the first place? 

Bravo!I will never understand people like her. It’s like diplomacy bores them. Thoughts and prayers are great, but I take them with a grain of salt from someone who loves guns, wars, and violence over the true safety of Americans. 

eta: I’m not saying Meghan truly doesn’t care about us, just doesn’t see how the actions she’s so for are dangerous. She is convinced if you’re noble, you support the troops, and that means being for the wars, and a true patriot wants America to win. To me winning means, how can we keep as many Americans safe as possible. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I really think that Meghan doesn't understand the tension between those two ideas. In her mind (I'm guessing) supporting the troops means supporting everything they do, including their purpose and their actions. She is hawkish because her vision of the USA sees it as an unbeatable warrior. This seems to be a recurring blind spot for her.

• Love 12

Meghan said she was "going to tell us 2 things that would make us feel better this morning".  One was that Iran said these were proportional strikes last night.  She next said that Martha Raddatz and Jake Tapper said it was too early to tell if Iran would take any further action.

Does Meghan think that second thing, the uncertainty about whether Iran might do more, is something that would make anybody feel better?  Or can she not count?   

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

There she goes again, reminding us of how 'hawkish' she is. 

Oh and who's sad that Soleimani is dead? I've been seeing this narrative being pushed by many right-wing outlets. Why did Meghan even feel the need to say that if nobody at the table said they were sad about it in the first place?

Of course she mentions Obama. Yeah, because diplomacy is terrible.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

eta: I’m not saying Meghan doesn’t care about us, just doesn’t see how the actions she’s so for are dangerous. 

I don't think Meghan cares.  War is a game to her and she wants to win.  If she was such a supporter of our troops she wouldn't want them in harm's way.  The fact she has one (two?) brother in the military her pro war attitude is surprising.  

• Love 15
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

I don't think Meghan cares.  War is a game to her and she wants to win.  If she was such a supporter of our troops she wouldn't want them in harm's way.  The fact she has one (two?) brother in the military her pro war attitude is surprising.  

I guess I’m trying to phrase my words somewhat carefully because this is such a sensitive topic, and I don’t want to offend anyone here. I do agree with you. I posted earlier it’s almost like a video game to her. You’d think she’d want her brother safe. This is a scary time. 

• Love 8

I do like the idea of UBI...well not as much as Whoopi whose face changes whenever it gets brought up, but I do get the appeal. But I wish the ladies asked him what this would mean for social services. Yang mentioned how he's different from Warren, but it didn't make sense.

- It's still on for us in Canada by the by.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Love 3

I was so happy when Whoopi shut McCain up for trying to insinuate everyone but her is mourning Soleimani. Screw you, bitch. And the only reason you had to ask Warren—who I’m not even a fan of—***three*** times if Soleimani was a terrorist is because you’re f***ing deaf and couldn’t hear the first two times, you dipshit.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Poor Andrew Yang gets screwed again.

eta Good thing Trump is late and Yang gets a little time v

They started with Yang before the show interrupted here, but I had already walked away from the TV by then anyway. I was fine with today being the interruption, personally... I didn't watch most of the Warren interview yesterday either, tbh, so I missed the part where Warren ignored McCain's second hissyfit.

• Love 4

The Yang segment was more of the same. His wife appeared and both seem lovely, but it was a lot more lighthearted compared to yesterday. 

Whoopi also showed that she's fully on the Yang Gang even if she's not saying it out loud.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bannana said:

There was a moment today where it looked like Whoopi might lose her cool.  She really does not like it when MeAgain  talks smack about Obama.

I caught that too and she had to steel herself not to blow at her. Whoopie is definitely over Missy.  There was tension at the table and I noticed that Abby is no longer being Nutmeg's backup singer and is asserting herself more and more in sharing her thoughts.. If Ana was here, Nutmeg would have explode...

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 9

This article covers the tense moments between MeAgain and Whoopi today.

https://decider.com/2020/01/08/the-view-meghan-mccain-whoopi-iran-soleimani/

1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

I caught that too and she had to steel herself not to blow at her. Whoopie is definitely over Missy.  There was tension at the table and I noticed that Abby is no longer being Nutmeg's backup singer and is asserting herself more and more in sharing her thoughts.. If Ana was here, Nutmeg would have explode...

Yes, and Abby seems to align herself more and more with Whoopi and Joy.  She has probably read the stuff online about her only being brought on the show to be MeAgain's service animal.  It looks like she wants to carve out her own identity.  I think Whoopi likes Abby because she sounds reasonable mostly, and because she usually doesn't act like a brat, like her bestie.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I knew that they'd rush Jamie and his segment wouldn't amount to much, but at least he cooked something.

Maybe if he stopped making carb-heavy meals he wouldn't still be chubby.

• LOL 1

Abby's dad was ambassador in China, and Abby lived there. She understands what the killing of a government official means.

Meghan is a child who doesnt understands the complexity of diplomacy. 

I live in Peru very close to the USA embassy, it has increase the security. Thanks to this reckless assassination, many people around the world are in danger.   

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, falltime said:

When MeMeghun kept trying to get Warren to say terrorist I got an image in my head of her slapping the table yelling out "Blah, Blah Blah. Say terrorist, dammit!"

Especially when MM did that lopsided & exaggerated smile-smirk while waiting for EW to take the bait.  I wish EW had said putting labels on things doesn't solve anything.

• Love 6