Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E12: Just Go For It

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, ProfCrash said:

Dude.

Maybe Production should have removed Dan earlier in the game.

Dan likely miscalculated.   A fellow castaway might hesitate rocking the boat because it could hurt their game.   A staffer would have no such reservations.  

The show is going to have to make some sort of statement eventually because the speculation will get out of control... maybe they are waiting for 5he reunion show because in that EW link I posted up thread, it sounded like they were going to talk about things.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Lamima said:

First, why is there no thread for tonight's episode? And, 2nd, what TF did Dan do to get booted? Not just trusting SHOW. I wanna see.

This is the thread for tonight’s episode, and what Dan did to get kicked off was apparently done off camera.   

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

I’ve watched this show from the very first episode. This is not my Survivor. It used to be a show I’d watch with my son or talk about at work the next day. This year makes me feel like I need a shower. And a no pest strip. And a second chance for Keller who had her game blown up by a pervert and two shady women.

Fuck you Probst and CBS. 

Actually she had her game blown up by herself.  After pulling that move with Dean prior to the merge she put a huge target on herself and Tommy led the charge to get her out and Missy and Elizabeth were eager to jump on board after finding out that despite Kellee's complaints about Feely Dan she was willing to keep him in the game and vote Missy out

(of course it shouldn't have been up to Kellee to put up with Dan to further her game, that is on production for not removing him)

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 11

The women had one chance to band together for an all female alliance tonight and blew it. They were even targeting the wrong player. Why not take one of the men out? Then Dan took himself out, and now the women have one more chance. Here's hoping they take it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Wow...CBS totally reached back into its rich history to crib from M*A*S*H's last episode featuring Maclean Stevenson's last appearance.  Just when you think the episode is over there is tacked on bit where Radar shows  up to announce Henry Blake's plane has been shot down over the Sea of Japan and we see the cast's shocked reaction....the last few minutes was that note for note only that the viewers loved Henry and dislike Dan.

Seriously though when it didn't end I had to pause my DVR to see if it was a 2 hour episode that I was unaware of and then Jeff shows up for the boot.

I guess  Dan must have made a play for a hapless PA assistant or maybe one of the infamously faceless challenge testers?

Either way it kind of feels like Elaine should have been let back in the game to maintain balance.

Meanwhile I've got a sinking feeling this season is going to go down the tubes with Smarmy Dean being crowned the winner. I can't think of a worse ending at this point.

Finally nothing disapoints me more on reality shows when people turn against their ride or die like Tommy is with Lauren... I loved me  a certain Asian beauty (no name so as not to spoil)a few seasons ago and was heartbroken when she turned into a betrayer of her chief alliy.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Or maybe the crew member wasn't female?  Did the blurb at the end specify the sex/gender of the crew member?

You make a fair point that I'm making an assumption....but since we've only seen Dan touch the women of the tribes through the edits, I'd think it leans toward the crew member being harassed as being a woman. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Or maybe the crew member wasn't female?  Did the blurb at the end specify the sex/gender of the crew member?

I think the title card read:

" Dan was removed from the game after a report of another incident, which happened off-camera and did not involve a player."

Edited by MostlyContent
  • Love 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

You make a fair point that I'm making an assumption....but since we've only seen Dan touch the women of the tribes through the edits, I'd think it leans toward the crew member being harassed as being a woman. 

We did not see Dan touch many of the men inappropriately. We did see him touching young women. The final placard mentioned the warning and another incident with a crew member. 

There is the very real possibility of civil law suits that prevent discussing what happened. The staffer could be suing Dan and/or the show. Or Dan could be suing.

no matter what, it is a crap situation that should never have gotten to this point.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
3 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

We did not see Dan touch many of the men inappropriately. We did see him touching young women. The final placard mentioned the warning and another incident with a crew member. 

There is the very real possibility of civil law suits that prevent discussing what happened. The staffer could be suing Dan and/or the show. Or Dan could be suing.

no matter what, it is a crap situation that should never have gotten to this point.

Exactly. I have no doubt the incident was sexual, in nature. And I think it's a safe assumption that it was one of the female crew members, not one of the male crew members. 

The blurb makes it clear that it was another sexual harassment complaint. So I think it's natural to think that it was either a female producer, an assistant, or a camerawoman. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

I take it this is the first time a player has been booted off ?

When infamous Russell Hantz's nephew played part of a season, he wasn't exactly booted off.  But (as I remember it) Jeff called the group together, put his arm (controllingly) around the nephew and announced he was leaving and Survivor was going to get him help. 

Not a boot off, but definitely a "You're leaving  NOW" moment.

This time it was with a steel toed boot, with younger Hantz, it was more a sideways soccer scoot over.

• Love 8

I guess the other contestants thought Dan was on a normal confessional and didn’t think anything of him being gone. It’s obviously the next morning or the day after. Now, how or what Dan did off camera is the question. There are other producers talking with the contestants and miking them up so who knows what he said or did that was the final straw. The title card just game more questions than answers of what happen. Damn show.

• Love 5

I’d be really interested to see the footage of talk around camp after Dan had been called away and before Jeff showed up. The remaining players must have had their suspicions about what was going on.

ETA: @ByaNose - I was typing at the same time you posted, and I didn’t think about a confessional, but in the interview, Jeff said that production talked to Dan for a long time, so maybe they weren’t suspicious at first, but I bet they were after a while.

Edited by Babalu
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

ETA: Oh wait, Dan is gone too!  Hot damn!  Something good did happen!  Given the fact that everyone was shocked by what went down the first time with Feely Dan, did no one really know until the season aired what happened?

I watched it just like you did.

Me:  Worst episode ever.

(5 minutes later)

Me:  DAN IS GONE ????????  😃😃😃😃😃 😃😃😃😃😃😃

(Placard about "something happened")

Me:   OH MY GOD 😲

My stomach went up and down throughout that whole thing.  The gamut of emotions.  Holy moly

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Babalu said:

I’d be really interested to see the footage of talk around camp after Dan had been called away and before Jeff showed up. The remaining players must have had their suspicions about what was going on.

He could’ve been off doing a talking head interview. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CletusMusashi said:

I didn't want to see Noura go, because she's hilarious. But I was down with it, just because I like watching good game play. And Elaine was absolutely ruling that debate until she mentioned the dead mother. Yeah, no way was Lauren looking to compete with that. 

Meanwhile, in other news, Dan finally gets kicked out for being a serial groper, and all Tommy has to say about it is "But, that's inconvenient for me."

And Dean gets his mind blown by Rob and Sandra telling him that he needs to worry about what the jury think. Because apparently that's news to him. Dude, they're sitting right there! How did you not realize this?

Great post.  All points good.  I wish Elaine just sat there stoically, not that I think it would help.  Alas.  I really like her. 

• Love 12

My son is convinced that all of the slips in that Island of the Idols bag read "Dean."  Random draw his ass.  I'm not sure if they all read Dean but I definitely wouldn't put it past them to only have names in there who hadn't been before.  Maybe just Dean & Tommy...everyone else had been, right?

Sigh.  Freaking Dean getting that puzzle.  Why, Survivor Gods?!  And thanks, Tommy.  Now I can't do anything except watch how many times Dean runs his hand thru his hair.  

I love Elaine--I'm so sorry she's gone.  And as much as I love her, I can't stand Lauren.  She is insufferably extra.

I'm mortified for Dan's family.  Can you imagine?

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
Spelling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

There's a lot that we can speculate, but will likely never know. I assume it's not even just to protect Dan, because as we know, we've seen what he did to Kellee and the rumours will probably hurt him as much as the truth, if not more so. It could be protecting the female crew member that he did it to. 

Hey, I agree.  If it's to protect a victim, I'm all for the covering up the details. Why would we need any more?  HE'S A SICKO.  HE'S TOAST.  HE'S THE WORST!

We all know if they reveal the identity of the victim/survivor/whatever you want to call this person, people will start attacking her/questioning her story.  That's the truth.  I wouldn't want it out.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15

I was sad about Elaine leaving but I  literally (tm Rob Lowe) gasped out loud at the card saying Dan was removed. They should’ve brought Elaine back. 

I’m going to assume he’s not at Ponderosa with everyone. At least I hope not. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, DallasGypsy said:

If the incident happened after the immunity challenge, why was there moved then?  Why did they go to tribal council and wait until the next day to remove him?

I've seen speculation that this incident actually happened after the F6 immunity and they decided to cut that, and everything before, so that they had more time for everything else in the finale.

That, or the victim in question took a while to step forward and then multiple discussions probably happened with the production team before they reached a decision after Tribal Council.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Useful 5
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

That’s so weird that if it happened after the immunity challenge they would stick it at the end of this episode instead of next week.

I’m going to presume that it happened after the immunity challenge shown this week.  If not, they would have to show scenes with him in it next week.
again- it should have been addressed  before the tribal council.  I wonder if Elaine was the ‘other contestant’ and she mentioned it during her exit speech and that’s what got the call rolling? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/11/2019 at 11:14 PM, DallasGypsy said:

If the incident happened after the immunity challenge, why was there moved then?  Why did they go to tribal council and wait until the next day to remove him?

Probably a lot of corporate lawyers figuring out how they should play it. Contrary to popular belief, not all contestants are created equal. If you throw a wealthy talent agent out of the game for something that is detrimental to his reputation, you can expect a lot more of a legal battle than if you threw out, say, a hotel doorman or coconut vendor or whatever, if they were to do the same exact thing. They did want him gone, I have no doubts. Jeff certainly wanted him gone, for getting pissy with him in TC and trying whatever that simultaneous intimidation/gaslighting schtick was. But they weren't sure the beancounters that actually run the show would approve of them getting rid of him. Until they were certain. Because keeping him had become an even bigger liability. 

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Useful 10
  • Love 13