Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E12: Just Go For It

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

*Sigh* Could this episode have gone any worse?  They pretty much gave the boot away, with Elaine’s farewell send off.  Thankfully the Kleenex were nearby.  So she got the boot, and Dean not only won immunity (to finally believe his challenge beast fantasy), but also a powerful advantage that can take out the only likable person left.  Glad next week is the finale.  At this point I’m rooting for Janet, but will take Noura.

ETA: Oh wait, Dan is gone too!  Hot damn!  Something good did happen!  Given the fact that everyone was shocked by what went down the first time with Feely Dan, did no one really know until the season aired what happened?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 12

Holy moly. Dan did something else to get himself removed?  They should have done it weeks (days) ago. 

So sorry to see Elaine leave. 

Dean is so going to win, isn’t he?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 22

DAN'S GONE!

Ok, it sucks that Elaine's gone, but DAN'S GONE.

As for what happens, it sounds like Dan was harassing one of the female crew members and it went way too far this time. Maybe a camerawoman? It had to have happened the day of Tribal Council, or the day before. Either way, I'm glad that they took him out of the game completely.

As a new Survivor fan, though, what does that mean for the finale? With there being one less jury member, how would that work?

I did tear up at Elaine's talk at TC. I liked her and Janet sharing a moment. It's just a shame that Lauren and Janet chickened out on getting Noura out. 

• Love 24
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

DAN'S GONE!

As for what happens, it sounds like Dan was harassing one of the female crew members and it went way too far this time. Maybe a camerawoman? It had to have happened the day of Tribal Council, or the day before. Either way, I'm glad that they took him out of the game completely.

As a new Survivor fan, though, what does that mean for the finale? With there being one less jury member, how would that work?

I did tear up at Elaine's talk at TC. I liked her and Janet sharing a moment. It's just a shame that Lauren and Janet chickened out on getting Noura out. 

I'm just pissed Elaine also went home, and then Dan ended up getting himself removed.  Who knows how long after TC it was, but still.  Whatever the case, took them long enough!

So yes, there will be one less juror.  I'm wondering if this means we'll get more of the reunion show?  Usually with a 6 person finale the reunion show has been starting later and later.  

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

DAN'S GONE!

I can’t either .  I hate noura after last week. By the way did dean ever find his shoes?

1 minute ago, Straycat80 said:

Wonder what Dan did? Probably something Pervy. Anybody know? 
Poor Elaine spills her guts and gets voted out. I’m rooting for Janet now.

I wonder if Dean ever found his shoes? 

He must have. He had them over his shoulder when they came back from the challenge. 

• Love 8

well blow me down and scatter my ashes.....

Will screaming while  l am jumping and fist pumping declare my complete and utter joy at the fall of he who shall no longer be named by me?!!!!!!

Scum will always rise/sink to their true level.  Their arrogance betrays them every time.

I am sure this means no reunion show for him..

Sucks to be him...ha,ha,ha

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
Just now, ByaNose said:

He must have. He had them over his shoulder when they came back from the challenge. 

He also had them when he went to Island of the Idols, I'm pretty sure. So they basically didn't bother showing him finding them, or he found them off camera. Which is very anticlimatic, not that I liked Noura playing such an immature game in the first place.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I was wondering why tribal started so early... buh bye Dan.   Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.   

I wonder if we’ll ever know just what happened.   

I was wondering the same thing.  I thought it was because Elaine left and they wanted to give her a nice send off.  When they cut back to camp, I was worried we were going to have a medevac happen.  Or that someone was going to be told they had to leave for a family emergency.

I wonder what everyone that was on this season is thinking about this development.

Dan could have just spoken inappropriately with the producer, or whoever, and that was enough to get him removed.  Though considering how surprised he seemed the first time when the allegations were brought to light, I still wonder what kind of a warning he got.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Wonder what Dan did? Probably something Pervy. Anybody know? 
Poor Elaine spills her guts and gets voted out. I’m rooting for Janet now.

I wonder if Dean ever found his shoes? 

He had them when he went to the island of the idols.    And he’ll never know, until he watches this, that his advantage was fake because they went from 7 to 5.   

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Dalton tweeted that the live reunion will be pretaped four hours earlier. It won’t even be live. WTF???????

I guess they are worried about protesting or disruptions if they are live.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Dalton tweeted that the live reunion will be pretaped four hours earlier. It won’t even be live. WTF???????

Sadly, I can believe it.  They probably want to make sure it is edited and comes off making them look good.  And, in case things get heated, they can make sure things don't get out of control.  I'm assuming Dan won't be there.

• Love 13

Gordon Holmes tweeted saying he reached out to see if there was a statement by Probst and was told there would be no statement and Probst won't be doing interviews about it.

Why?! They should not be covering this up. 

• Love 22

I'm thinking this was post Tribal, maybe after he went out idol searching or something like they've been doing early in the morning and it was one of his crew that blew the whistle on his behavior. In any way it happened I'm glad to see him gone.

I was hoping Probst wasn't going to be telling someone a family member was in an accident or something...

• Love 4
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

Why didn’t that decision get made before Tribal Council rather than after?  If the incident happened before Tribal, then it should have been  reported  before Tribal.  I wonder if it happened after Tribal?  

We may never know when the issue was reported and what kind of discussions were had in order to deal with Dan. Not that it should have been hard, because if he was touching one of the female crew members inappropriately, he should have been taken out the moment that it was brought up. 

There's a lot that we can speculate, but will likely never know. I assume it's not even just to protect Dan, because as we know, we've seen what he did to Kellee and the rumours will probably hurt him as much as the truth, if not more so. It could be protecting the female crew member that he did it to. 

But, again, it's a lot of speculation. We don't have the facts so all we can do IS speculate. But it was bad enough to get him removed from jury as well so...clearly, he couldn't be trusted around any of the women. 

• Love 14

Not sure why those girls didn't make a move and take out Tommy or Noura?!?!  Oh well, Elaine has secured her spot as a fan favorite and future returnee!  Loved her!  

Oh Dan!  You had so many chances to redeem yourself...

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

https://ew.com/tv/2019/12/11/survivor-island-of-the-idols-finale-ruenion-pre-tape/

The official explanation for not going live..  Includes security concerns. They say we will see the show in its entirety...  sounds like some folks may not even realize the show isn’t going out live.   

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, fireice13 said:

Gordon Holmes tweeted saying he reached out to see if there was a statement by Probst and was told there would be no statement and Probst won't be doing interviews about it.

Why?! They should not be covering this up. 

Which I think again is poor management in handling this.  They should be out there.  I realize for confidential reasons they may be limited what they can say, but saying something is better than nothing.  This just seems like the show just wanting to brush this under the rug and hope everyone forgets by next season.  I feel sorry for the contestants this season.  This was a good season, and not doing something early on ruined it.    It just snowballed from there.

Aside from Janet there's no one I'm rooting for.  I'd take Noura, but she's a distant second.

• Love 13

I hope the girls who messed with Janet over the Dan thing feel like crap. I would love love love to see janet win. After last week i can’t stand noura, and now Elaine is gone . Sigh .

Just now, LadyChatts said:

Which I think again is poor management in handling this.  They should be out there.  I realize for confidential reasons they may be limited what they can say, but saying something is better than nothing.  This just seems like the show just wanting to brush this under the rug and hope everyone forgets by next season.  I feel sorry for the contestants this season.  This was a good season, and not doing something early on ruined it.    It just snowballed from there.

Aside from Janet there's no one I'm rooting for.  I'd take Noura, but she's a distant second.

Until last week with her ratting our Elaine for no reason i would have said that. Janet for the win. I take it this is the first time a player has been booted off ?

• Love 7

We've been watching this whole thing take over the season and now they're just going to leave us hanging?  Why are they giving Dan "privacy," when this is a candid reality show and if he did things that are embarrassing to him he shouldn't have been doing them in the first place.  Why protect this guy? 

I'm wondering if what he did was of a voyeuristic nature rather than groping.  It's just hard to picture him getting close enough to a producer to grope her.

• Love 18

I feel it's pretty clear that Dan was on double secret probation already and it didn't take long under a more watchful eye for him to slip up again and the axe came down. As we've seen documented, it's just the way he is he can't seem to help himself playing with the women's hair etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

We've been watching this whole thing take over the season and now they're just going to leave us hanging?  Why are they giving Dan "privacy," when this is a candid reality show and if he did things that are embarrassing to him he shouldn't have been doing them in the first place.  Why protect this guy? 

I'm wondering if what he did was of a voyeuristic nature rather than groping.  It's just hard to picture him getting close enough to a producer to grope her.

It might not be for Dan. Given his edit, I highly doubt it is. It could be for the crew member or for legal reasons, which I expect would get real thorny real fast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19