Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E18: Our Very Last Show, Again

Bort

The triple wedding trends toward disaster as one detail after another falls through. But is it a curse ... or a sign of big surprises to come?

Airdate: Tuesday, June 2, 2020

There were like 20 people at this wedding that took all three women 8 months to plan? Kind of odd how they just ignored Nicky and Alex after the first season. 

It was a beautiful setup, though. I did laugh out loud at Bob Saget getting emotional, with a solemn Joey McIntyre staring on right behind him in frame.

I get what they were going for, but it seems odd that they didn't just have Kimmy and Ramona move next door, into the home Fernando bought.

• Love 14

I get that it’s a cheesy sitcom, but I want to know what’s going to happen to uncle monty in Palo Alto? Are they just not going to do anything about it? And what about how they presumably already found housing and put down deposits of some kind, signed contracts? 

• Love 8
(edited)

Palo Alto's only 35-40 mins away from San Francisco proper, so it's not like the commute isn't doable. 

I'm more curious about the space situation. Stephanie's pregnant (hooray!), what's going to happen as Danielle continues to grow and baby #2 comes along? They can't stay in the basement forever. 

Excellent point about the house next door! I forgot that Fernando had bought it. 

The show has always been a cheesy, wholesome good time for me. Kimmie looking directly into the camera saying Michelle's never coming was hilarious.

And Aunt Becky wasn't missed. lol

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Palo Alto's only 35-40 mins away from San Francisco proper, so it's not like the commute isn't doable. 

I'm more curious about the space situation. Stephanie's pregnant (hooray!), what's going to happen as Danielle continues to grow and baby #2 comes along? They can't stay in the basement forever. 

Excellent point about the house next door! I forgot that Fernando had bought it. 

The show has always been a cheesy, wholesome good time for me. Kimmie looking directly into the camera saying Michelle's never coming was hilarious.

Guess I’m not up to date with my california geography! They made it sound like it was hours away and would never see each other again. 

Wasn’t the whole ark a while back about how Stephanie wouldn’t be able to carry a baby? I forget if they ever said the reason why, and maybe I’m just a little sensitive on this topic, but I was initially really impressed with them having an infertility story line. But then to turn around and be like haha just kidding it’s a miracle she can have a baby! I’ve struggled with infertility and ultimately ended up adopting, but it’s one of my biggest pet peeves when people say “oh once you adopt you’ll get pregnant”. And it happens on tv or movies all the time, someone is told they can’t get pregnant and then poof some miracle happens! 

or maybe I’ve just vested way too much of my life in this show. 

• Love 10
21 hours ago, jmonique said:

There were like 20 people at this wedding that took all three women 8 months to plan? Kind of odd how they just ignored Nicky and Alex after the first season

It was a beautiful setup, though. I did laugh out loud at Bob Saget getting emotional, with a solemn Joey McIntyre staring on right behind him in frame.

I get what they were going for, but it seems odd that they didn't just have Kimmy and Ramona move next door, into the home Fernando bought.

Didn't Joey say something like that? DJ put the backyard wedding together in a day, what the heck was she planning for 8 months?

I enjoyed this season. Fernando cracked me up. I loved the moment between Ramona and Jackson (I think it was in the previous episode) when he said she's like a sister to him.

I liked that characters from the original and the reboot all made an appearance at the wedding (Duane, I think I saw Viper, CJ and Rose, Vicky!)

It was nice to have something wholesome and cheesy to watch, especially during these times.

• Love 5
(edited)

I didn’t see Viper, but liked seeing Michelle’s childhood friend auditioning for officiant.

Super odd that Stamos wasn’t in that final scene.

Edited by Aileen
  • Love 4

I agree with all of the posts here. How was Stamos not in the final scene??

I was surprised Becky was not mentioned in the final episode. 

It's always weird for me to see Bob as Danny, knowing his vulgarity in real life. lol

I'm sure DJ and Steve make enough money between them that they can take over the mortgage from Danny...

I should have seen the move out fake out coming. Duh. Twelve people (Steph's baby #2 included) in one house...I'll pass.  

I will always be Team DJ/Matt. lol 

Overall, this was a sappy, cheesy, fun reboot. I really enjoyed grown up Stephanie, and her bond with Max. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I love grown up Stephanie, too. She has been my favorite of the original characters. On a side note, I really hope Jodie Sweetin can stay sober after all this is done. She’s so talented.

OH. And sucks to be Stephanie that her dad didn’t walk her down the aisle. He likely has now walked DJ twice.

Edited by Aileen
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Aileen said:

OH. And sucks to be Stephanie that her dad didn’t walk her down the aisle. He likely has now walked DJ twice.

I thought the same! I get that DJ is the "lead" in the reboot, but I was disappointed that Danny didn't walk Stephanie down the aisle if nothing else because this is DJ's second wedding. 

And this is Kimmy's third to Fernando, right? lol

So being that this is Stephanie's first and likely only wedding, I feel like she got the shaft in some ways. 

• Love 13

Agreed about Stephanie. Danny should have walked her down the isle since it was her first wedding and DJ's second.

I was sooooo hoping  that Danny will pull a 'Howard Cunningham' at the end regarding Michelle and only mention he has 2 daughters. LOL.

I loved seeing the kid that sang Yankee Doodle Dandy but what happened to Michelle's other friend? Was she there because I didn't see her.

I agree all those people will not fit in that house.  Kimmie and Fernando should at least move in that house next door.

Aunt Becky wasn't missed.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Aileen said:

And sucks to be Stephanie that her dad didn’t walk her down the aisle. He likely has now walked DJ twice.

I thought the exact same thing, it made no sense. DJ had a wedding before, she had her own with all the firsts including father-daughter aisle and dance. Jesse should have walked DJ down the aisle this time while Stephanie had her dad. 

A lot of this made no sense, no mention of Becky, Alex. Nicky. Michelle i get but still throw in a line at least that there's fog and the airports closed. It's common and would have explained none of them appearing. Steve's family and parents? Fernando's? 

I loved seeing Steve and DJ finally marry. DJ's fashion has been on point this episode also, her dress i liked the best. Steph's seemed very traditional for a Coachella touring DJ. 

• Love 4

Steve and DJ getting married seemed like the least interesting part, LOL. JS & AB were really the runaway stars of this show... I know women in their age bracket are not in great demand in Hollywood & they are probably typecast forever in these roles, but they were great and such a great comedy pair. ❤️ 

ITA regarding the fertility storyline being unrealistic and probably cringey for those of us who really struggle with these issues...

Scandal or no, I would have liked to see Aunt Becky and some reference to Michelle (maybe attending virtually at least?), but it is what it is. I'm still shipping Vicki and Danny. 

• Love 5

Count me in as a viewer who wondered why Kimmy, Ramona, and Fernando didn’t just move next door to their own house. It reminded me of the episode in the original series when Jesse and Becky canceled their move and stayed in the attic because it was too crushing for Jesse and Michelle to be separated. Like, what?

I’ll go ahead and be a pessimistic jerk and say, of course Stephanie and Jimmy decided to stay in the main house. It’s free childcare with all the adults and teens living there. 

I’m so glad we saw very little of Gia. Her constant needling and weird loathing of D.J. grates on my nerves. 

We saw Duane! “Whatever.” 

I still ship D.J. and Matt. Steve just never did it for me. But, at least Steve was cool in these new episodes. In the first season, he was too pushy and low key offended that D.J. had had a whole life outside of him. And in the previous set of episodes, he made a remark that he and Deej had been in love for 30 years and D.J. quickly clarified that she was happily married with children for several of those years. Like Steve, dude, who are you, Jay Gatsby raging against Daisy? You can’t expect her to wish away her marriage and children. I’m glad he finally chilled. 

• Love 3

I get why Michelle and Aunt Becky couldn't be at the wedding (although I would have liked a reference to them trying to get there and were held up) but where were Nicky and Alex? I know that the Gibblers parents arent around, but do Steve and Fernando have no family?  Are they some of the random background people? I guess you could say that Fernados family is still in Argentina and couldn't come for some reason, but isnt Steve's family still around? There looked like there were about five people at this wedding not counting the main characters!

I also wanted Danny to walk Stephanie down the aisle, presumably he already did that in her first wedding, so I would think she would want a turn, it makes it seem like DJ was the "main event" and even if she is the kind of main character of the reboot, that still sucks. 

That all being said, this was fun and fluffy and I still enjoyed it. I have a million logistical questions about how this all works with everyone moving back in (How are they even going to fit? Why dont they just move into the house next door? What about the other shops?) but this was never a show particularly interested in logistical questions, so I will take it for what it is.  

Grown up Stephanie was my favorite character, she was so much fun, and Jodie has a ton of talent, especially in comedy. Its great to see her doing so well, and I really hope to see her getting more work. 

This reboot was silly and ridiculous and goofy, but I had a ton of fun watching it, and I almost admire how committed it was to being happy fluff for the whole family. Its not going to go down as one of the great comedies that revolutionized television or had biting social commentary or will clean up at the Emmys or make every critics Best Of list, but I dont NEED every comedy to be that way. I enjoyed this as the cute silly thing that it was. 

• Love 11

What I can't figure out is the parental advisory at the beginning.  I'm not 100% sure, and I really only noticed it on this latest half-season, but I think most if not all of them warned about:  Substances, language, suggestive dialog, smoking.  What the fork?  Is Oh Mylanta considered language now?  Engaged couples living in separate houses is off-limits?  I can't remember any smoking offhand, and most of the drinking turned out to be coffee, I think.  Meanwhile, something like Ozark doesn't even warn about violence, and they... well I won't spoil it.  I need to stop paying attention to the parental advisories, I guess.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

What I can't figure out is the parental advisory at the beginning.  I'm not 100% sure, and I really only noticed it on this latest half-season, but I think most if not all of them warned about:  Substances, language, suggestive dialog, smoking.  What the fork?

Netflix recently started with these additional details in their warnings. I noticed it the other day when I was watching Cheers: drinking, smoking, suggestive dialogue. No shit, it’s a bar. This show though? Smoking? Okay then.

• Love 1
On 6/3/2020 at 10:01 PM, funnygirl said:

I had been thinking they were going to do some kind of addition that combined the two houses. 

Kimmy and Fernando were moving to Palo Alto, but did they say where Stephanie and Jimmy were going? She just mentioned the original Uncle Monty's, but I thought they only bought the one store. It's a plot device, so I guess it doesn't matter.

TV shows are always having women deemed "infertile" get pregnant. 

I know they couldn't get the Olson twins, but it is unbelievable that in a family as close as this one, Michelle wouldn't have shown up for two of her sisters getting married. Unless there is some backstory that they all had some big falling out with her.

Was I supposed to know who the woman playing the guitar at the end of the wedding was?

Last question - If it has been give years since this show has been on, why does Tommy still look 3?

2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Was I supposed to know who the woman playing the guitar at the end of the wedding was?

Last question - If it has been give years since this show has been on, why does Tommy still look 3?

It was Lisa Loeb. Stephanie went on tour with her.

I don't have much to say except I really liked the set up of the wedding, with various chairs, tables, ands sofas clustered around the aisle. I've never seen that before and I thought It looked really nice and comfortable and was a great idea for a small-ish backyard wedding. I'd love to do that if I ever got married.

• Love 3
On 6/5/2020 at 1:30 AM, Aileen said:

I love grown up Stephanie, too. She has been my favorite of the original characters. On a side note, I really hope Jodie Sweetin can stay sober after all this is done. She’s so talented.

A million times this. I'm grateful to the reboot for letting me see Jodie Sweetin apparently happy and healthy. She still has really excellent comic timing-- her comment that she'd had a girlfriend longer than Matt had his own business apart from DJ remains probably the funniest moment in the series. And I thought she had decent dramatic chops when Stephanie first told DJ that she was infertile, too.

And yes, I'll add to the chorus that if Danny was only going to walk one of his daughters it should have been Stephanie. Of course there's literally no reason he couldn't have done both. Have Danny walk Stephanie first, then sneak around the back while Joey walks Kimmy in the middle so Danny can be in position walk DJ last. Or at least explain why they made the decision they made. The show did such a nice job explaining why Joey was paired with Kimmy; why not do the same for Jesse/Steph if they absolutely had to give DJ full custody of Danny for the second time?

On 6/6/2020 at 10:37 PM, kariyaki said:

Netflix recently started with these additional details in their warnings. I noticed it the other day when I was watching Cheers: drinking, smoking, suggestive dialogue. No shit, it’s a bar. This show though? Smoking? Okay then.

Yeah, I've been laughing at those warnings. Star Trek: The Next Generation always has extremely strong warnings for sex scenes considering that most episodes... don't have sex scenes. So I guess all of Fuller House needs the smoking warning because of that one episode where Stephanie had a nightmare about not wanting to go to school because Gia would make her smoke?

• Love 4

I was betting on all three announcing they were pregnant.  Although, I thought Steph used up her eggs trying to get Kimmy pregnant.  I admit, that might have been a different show I was watching.  

The leaving and coming back at the end was weird.  It was like they are oddly co-dependent. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I was betting on all three announcing they were pregnant.  Although, I thought Steph used up her eggs trying to get Kimmy pregnant.  I admit, that might have been a different show I was watching.  

The leaving and coming back at the end was weird.  It was like they are oddly co-dependent. 

Stephanie did use the eggs she had extracted with Kimmy, but they didn't say she had entered menopause, so her body must have still had some. But she was never supposed to be able to carry a baby, which is why Kimmy was her surrogate instead of just doing in-vitro.  But it is the miracle of TV, I guess.

Having all three pregnant at once and not letting us see it would have been mean.

• Love 1
On 6/5/2020 at 9:21 AM, Artsda said:

I thought the exact same thing, it made no sense. DJ had a wedding before, she had her own with all the firsts including father-daughter aisle and dance. Jesse should have walked DJ down the aisle this time while Stephanie had her dad. 

A lot of this made no sense, no mention of Becky, Alex. Nicky. Michelle i get but still throw in a line at least that there's fog and the airports closed. It's common and would have explained none of them appearing. Steve's family and parents? Fernando's? 

I loved seeing Steve and DJ finally marry. DJ's fashion has been on point this episode also, her dress i liked the best. Steph's seemed very traditional for a Coachella touring DJ. 

THIS to the entire post!  My first thought was poor Steph that her dad didn't walk her down the aisle. Steph "loses" out to DJ  - AGAIN! And to add salt to the wound like everyone has said, DJ prolly had Danny (aisle walk & daddy/daughter dance) to herself at her first wedding.

My second thought after the final episode was why no mention of significant family members?  At least make up some excuse why they couldn't be there. Instead, their absence was the elephant in the room (er, backyard).

I felt each woman's wedding gown matched her personality, although maybe Kimmy's could have had more color because she's the most colorful/eccentric character. DJ's gown was GORGEOUS - my fave of all three.

The one thing that terrified me was that at some point in the series, Jackson & Ramona would have become a couple. I'm SO glad they never went there, and kept them as "brother/sister" all series long.

Wow - the actress who plays Lola got even more pretty!  (Or prettier than I recall from when she was on the show).

Finally, as others have posted - makes ZERO sense that no one is moving into the Gibbler house. A big house like that staying empty while the Tanner/Fuller house turns into college-style dorm housing?!  AS IF!

Overall, while I enjoyed the entire reboot series, this final ever episode was a bit of a letdown.

• Love 1
On 6/6/2020 at 8:00 PM, KaveDweller said:

I had been thinking they were going to do some kind of addition that combined the two houses. 

Kimmy and Fernando were moving to Palo Alto, but did they say where Stephanie and Jimmy were going? She just mentioned the original Uncle Monty's, but I thought they only bought the one store. It's a plot device, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Palo Alto - new Uncle Monty location

Alameda - original Uncle Monty location

Although both locations are reasonably driveable to the Tanner/Fuller house (presumably on Alamo Square) in SF, I still wouldn't want to do that drive on a daily basis, esp. Palo Alto. Of course, I'm basing this on a "normal" commute, but as small business owners, they can prolly go non-peak commute hours. Still doesn't negate the silliness of ALL those people in one house. And unless there have been major renovations, Victorian/Edwardian homes aren't known for having tons of bathrooms. 

TV shows are always having women deemed "infertile" get pregnant. Yes, such an insult to people who have fertility issues.

I know they couldn't get the Olson twins, but it is unbelievable that in a family as close as this one, Michelle wouldn't have shown up for two of her sisters getting married. Unless there is some backstory that they all had some big falling out with her. Although in-universe this would make sense to explain why Michelle was never once on the reboot, it doesn't fit with the family ethos of the show. You know what you get when watching Full(er) House - lots of hugging, angst/disputes are easily resolved, some wacky hijinks, but tight family connections are the rockbed of the show.

Last question - If it has been give years since this show has been on, why does Tommy still look 3?  Yeah, if 5 years was supposed to have elapsed for the entire reboot, Tommy should be (or at least look) a little older.

6 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Overall, while I enjoyed the entire reboot series, this final ever episode was a bit of a letdown.

Some originality would have been nice.  It's always the same wedding "curse".  All this stuff goes wrong.  By some miracle, they were able to salvage the day and have a beautiful wedding.   They booked a church - or hall or whatever it was, but all the people they invited fit into their backyard.  

• Love 1

I remember how emotionally gripping the series finale was in 1995 with Full House.  This one didn't have quite the same impact.

All in all, I'm grateful we were given five wonderful seasons.  I absolutely adored Jodie Sweetin growing up.  Even read the Full House spinoff novels of her character at the time.  So happy she's still doing well!

1 hour ago, Utpe said:

I remember how emotionally gripping the series finale was in 1995 with Full House.  This one didn't have quite the same impact.

All in all, I'm grateful we were given five wonderful seasons.  I absolutely adored Jodie Sweetin growing up.  Even read the Full House spinoff novels of her character at the time.  So happy she's still doing well!

The difference was that the cast DIDN'T KNOW the original finale was their last episode, it was just meant to be a regular "season finale" when filmed. Which was funny, because they were going to skip DJ and Kimmy's High School Graduation and just have prom. Of course, since EVERYTHING was focused on Michele at the time, it's no wonder. Seeing the video, this was more emotional, because they ALL knew this was it for the show. 

I didn't recognize the "Yankee Doodle Dandy" guy immediately, but I realized it before he came back around. They said the other guy was Larry right? So not Harry who Stephanie "married" as a kid? Cause that would've made more sense. 

Vicky was a big surprise. I don't think I believe she and Danny have stayed friends all these years, since she was never mentioned after they break up. 

A teeny part of me was still hoping an Olsen would show up at the wedding. Until Joey McIntyre showed up, I thought Elizabeth would appear as Michelle to officiate the wedding. I at least hoped we could get a "Michelle can't make it, she's got amnesia again" type comment. 

Did not predict Stephanie's miracle baby. Or that they wouldn't really move. I mean, this seems like the time to do it. 

On 6/5/2020 at 12:58 AM, ShortyMac said:

I'm sure DJ and Steve make enough money between them that they can take over the mortgage from Danny...

They've had that house since at least 1987, it should be paid off.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

I didn't recognize the "Yankee Doodle Dandy" guy immediately, but I realized it before he came back around. They said the other guy was Larry right? So not Harry who Stephanie "married" as a kid? Cause that would've made more sense. 

Vicky was a big surprise. I don't think I believe she and Danny have stayed friends all these years, since she was never mentioned after they break up. 

A teeny part of me was still hoping an Olsen would show up at the wedding. Until Joey McIntyre showed up, I thought Elizabeth would appear as Michelle to officiate the wedding. I at least hoped we could get a "Michelle can't make it, she's got amnesia again" type comment. 

Did not predict Stephanie's miracle baby. Or that they wouldn't really move. I mean, this seems like the time to do it. 

They've had that house since at least 1987, it should be paid off.

Didn't Vicky show up in an episode a couple of seasons ago? In that one they acted like she and Danny hadn't seen in each in awhile.

The house may be paid off, but I bet taxes are still pretty high. But I guess Wake Up San Francisco paid pretty well, because Danny can afford to pay for wherever he lives now plus let his kids live in that house for free.

I’m usually not into recasting characters , and in the beginning of the series i didn’t think they should have .. but I changed my mind . I think they should have recasted Michelle , even if it meant not having her be one of the she wolves .. just sprinkle her here and there for episodes like weddings ,big events and random pop ins like Danny , Jesse and Joey .,

How are there so many people living in that house ? That means the adults have to share a room with their kids lol. I agree with the poster who wrote , just have them move next door .

why couldn’t they give Danny a happy ending and end up with Vicky ? I never understood why the writers of both shows didn’t put them back together since Vicky was willing to make appearances . 

• Love 3
On 6/7/2020 at 1:32 AM, shoregirl said:

It was Lisa Loeb. Stephanie went on tour with her.

Lisa loeb also showed up in the last episode of gossip girl out of nowhere 😂

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I’m usually not into recasting characters , and in the beginning of the series i didn’t think they should have .. but I changed my mind . I think they should have recasted Michelle , even if it meant not having her be one of the she wolves .. just sprinkle her here and there for episodes like weddings ,big events and random pop ins like Danny , Jesse and Joey .,

I always thought they should have recast Michelle with another woman who was on another ABC show in the 90s, like Danielle Fishel or Christine Lakin.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 4:01 AM, funnygirl said:

Maybe Fernando will let Steph and Jimmy live in that house

• Love 1

I finally finished the series this week.  Cheesy doesn't even begin to describe this show, but I enjoyed it for what it was.  Whenever I watched Fuller House, it was an escape.  It took me back to watching the original show as a child, when life was so much easier and simpler. 

I wish they would do the occasional movie for Netflix.  There's something comforting about knowing what the Tanners & Gibblers are up to. 

My biggest gripe is that Danny and Vickie didn't end up together. Even as a little kid, I shipped them. 

I was pulling for DJ & Matt early on in the series, but I knew Steve and DJ were inevitable.  And I grew to like DJ & Steve again as the series went on.  

• Love 4
On 6/16/2020 at 9:59 PM, jmonique said:

I always thought they should have recast Michelle with another woman who was on another ABC show in the 90s, like Danielle Fishel or Christine Lakin.

I personally thought they should have gotten Becca Tobin, who was on Glee. She had the look and even a similar speaking voice to the Olsen twins.

On 6/16/2020 at 1:33 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I’m usually not into recasting characters , and in the beginning of the series i didn’t think they should have .. but I changed my mind . I think they should have recasted Michelle , even if it meant not having her be one of the she wolves .. just sprinkle her here and there for episodes like weddings ,big events and random pop ins like Danny , Jesse and Joey 

Of course they should have recast her. I joked at the start they should ask Elizabeth Olsen (not that she'd ever do it but it would have been good for a laugh), but failing that just... anyone... and use the person very sparingly just for episodes like this one.

Heck, lets be honest.  They should have recast Becky mid-series, and made a 4th wall breaking joke about it.  They were all so precious about trying to protect Lori Loughlin's feelings, it just created a heavier shadow over her not being around.  

Edited by Kromm
23 hours ago, Kromm said:

Of course they should have recast her. I joked at the start they should ask Elizabeth Olsen (not that she'd ever do it but it would have been good for a laugh), but failing that just... anyone... and use the person very sparingly just for episodes like this one.

Heck, lets be honest.  They should have recast Becky mid-series, and made a 4th wall breaking joke about it.  They were all so precious about trying to protect Lori Loughlin's feelings, it just created a heavier shadow over her not being around.  

I saw something online about how the producers were considering asking Elizabeth Olsen, but decided not to. Then she heard that fans kept saying she should do it and got all pissed off at why she was being involved when she had never even seen the original show.

But I agree they should have recast and just used her once or twice. They recast Cindy Brady in one of the Brady Bunch grown up movies, so if they can do that they can recast Michelle.

On 8/12/2020 at 7:21 PM, KaveDweller said:

I saw something online about how the producers were considering asking Elizabeth Olsen, but decided not to. Then she heard that fans kept saying she should do it and got all pissed off at why she was being involved when she had never even seen the original show.

I don't even have to speculate that online source you saw was telling a fan fable, because I know it is.  Elizabeth certainly "saw" the original show... from the best seat in the house.  She's made it clear in multiple interviews I've seen that she was on the Full House set as a child:

Here's one of many.  Watching this is optional (it's considerably far into the video until she gets around to it) because it's right there in the video title:

Excuse me.  Just rewatched it.  She says she also appeared ON the show.

It's even in her IMDB:  

Full House (TV Series)
Girl with Flowers

- Michelle Rides Again: Part 2 (1995) ... Girl with Flowers (uncredited)

So fan fable... busted. I mean the part about them wanting to ask her could still be true, but her getting pissed off specifically because she never saw it can't be accurate when she saw much of it being filmed, even appeared on it, and in fact describes being on set as the specific reason for her wanting to act. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kromm said:

So fan fable... busted. I mean the part about them wanting to ask her could still be true, but her getting pissed off specifically because she never saw it can't be accurate when she saw much of it being filmed, even appeared on it, and in fact describes being on set as the specific reason for her wanting to act. 

lol, well that's why I said I saw a video saying that and not that it was definitely true. Who knows what it was using as a source.

"I didn’t see Viper, but liked seeing Michelle’s childhood friend auditioning for officiant."

I did not make the connection until he started singing Yankee Doodle.

"I should have seen the move out fake out coming. Duh. Twelve people (Steph's baby #2 included) in one house...I'll pass."

This house would seem really full during Quarantine.  

What was the date of the wedding?

Also I noticed that Matt seems to be close with the Tommy Twins.   I hope the older actors stay in their lives.  How old were they when this was taped?

I know, behind-the-scenes reasons with the Olson Twins - and frankly I don't blame them. They were literal babies when they started on Full House, don't have the same emotional attachment to the show as Candace/Jodie/Andrea/the men and Lori, and all the fourth-wall "Michelle isn't coming" jokes started to feel petty and mean-spirated after awhile). But unless Michelle had a HUGE estrangement with her sisters, father, uncle and aunt, and Joey between Full House and Fuller House, there isn't a good enough reason that not only would Michelle not come to her two sisters' wedding but that no one would mention her. 

And it's not just the wedding. It's the death of her brother-in-law / her oldest sister losing her husband. It's her middle sister having a baby, via the surrogate Kimmy Gibler of all people. The show never even referenced D.J. or Steph talking to Michelle on the phone, did they?

11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

And it's not just the wedding. It's the death of her brother-in-law / her oldest sister losing her husband. It's her middle sister having a baby, via the surrogate Kimmy Gibler of all people. The show never even referenced D.J. or Steph talking to Michelle on the phone, did they?

There was an episode in season 1 where they called Michelle and yelled "you got it dude" into the phone. That was about it.

I agree, it really makes no sense that Michelle would have so little contact with the family. They could have done a better job writing around the real life circumstances, but I think they were annoyed at the actresses and wanted to be "funny" more than realistic.

• Love 2
On 6/15/2020 at 6:03 PM, KaveDweller said:

Didn't Vicky show up in an episode a couple of seasons ago? In that one they acted like she and Danny hadn't seen in each in awhile.

The house may be paid off, but I bet taxes are still pretty high. But I guess Wake Up San Francisco paid pretty well, because Danny can afford to pay for wherever he lives now plus let his kids live in that house for free.

If Danny has owned that house since 1987 his taxes are super low due to Prop 13.  Assessed value can only go up around 2% per year unless there's a change of ownership or completion of new construction.  The property taxes would likely be only a few grand per year.  

• Useful 1