Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: 12 Seconds in Heaven

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Rhylee jeopardizes her job and relationships with the crew after a dramatic first night out. Tanner gossips about his relationship with Simone as things heat up between them. Still sidelined by his leg injury, Brian gets sent to the hospital by Captain Lee leaving his future on the line. Simone finally confronts Kate about her job duties as second stew.

Airs December 2, 2019.

In real time then - Brian got the antibiotic shot from the dr who came to the boat after the last charter.  One full day prep he just stayed off it but no additional med treatment. Next day when next charter is coming, Captain Lee checked on him and sent him to hospital.  Right?  It seemed like a huge gap but it really wasn’t?

Ouch, cutting tissue away.  

Ok, Kevin is a pain in the ass but his reaction shots to stew convos are amusing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

The guests are a rather loopy gang.

Cave seems like a good idea for the heat, but I wouldn't want to be that close to those bats.

Does no one know how to read a tide chart?

One would think that after the tinder got temporarily stuck on the previous picnic that someone would be paying a bit more attention to the chart!

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I do think Kate telling the guest that the Captain’s dish was the important one. Well maybe yes for Kevin’s job, but I think the primary should come first. 

Yes, I get the lady was drunk and Kate was trying to appease her. 

I cringed pre-dinner when they walked in on Capt Lee shirtless. The crew needs to herd their guests better. 

• Love 14

Kate’s indifference to Simone’s feelings is what happens when you’re the boss’ pet. Simone may not be good at service, but she’ll never learn if she isn’t given multiple opportunities to grow. Instead Kate launches into her mean girl routine. Embarrassing your department is blaring loud music and loudly stating that someone has herpes to be a bully. Venting your frustration to a coworker is not embarrassing your department. Tanner disclosing what happened between you and Simone to Ashton and Rhylee was not cool. I can already see Rhylee and Kevin getting it on before the end of the season.

• Love 17

I like Kate. I think she is really good at her job (especially after watching Hannah on Med, eek). She can manage the guests really well and knows how to keep the guests happy. And she is not wrong about Simone. Simone should be 3rd stew. Period. Point blank. BUT...her interaction with Simone in this epi, at the end, was not great. 

Man, what's coming down the pike? Looks like lots of drama. Can't wait! 

• Love 17
47 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I do think Kate telling the guest that the Captain’s dish was the important one. Well maybe yes for Kevin’s job, but I think the primary should come first. 

Yes, I get the lady was drunk and Kate was trying to appease her. 

The lady was drunk and if the dish got messed up in some way during her delivery, the Captain would understand the situation and would be the easiest to appease. 

• Love 21
14 minutes ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

The lady was drunk and if the dish got messed up in some way during her delivery, the Captain would understand the situation and would be the easiest to appease. 

That’s definitely how I took it not that he was more important than the primary but just drunk lady as much incentive to not mess it up as Kate could fathom and so adding that is different than just getting her friends dish out there. 

• Love 10

Tides can vary from prediction.  It happens.  Been there.  Done that. 

These women were a bit weird and disturbing.  It's just as wrong to objectify men as it is women.

Sorry Simone.  Being a mathematician or having knowledge of multiply languages doesn't make you qualified for everything.  You just didn't come across as being a great stew.  

I don't want to hear about Tanner and Simone's 'romance' or whatever you want to call it.

I still can't stand Kevin. 

At least Rylee calmed down a bit and it was funny when she was on the water bike towing Kate.

• Love 19

This here is why I can't stand Kate. Kate can talk shit about Simone's lack of skills to everyone and that's ok, but Simone talks about her disappointment at being stuck in the laundry and Simone is the unprofessional one. Simone didn't arrive with the skills of a 2nd stew and her skills do not seem to be improving. The person Kate should be sharing this with is Simone, not Courtney and certainly not Kevin. Kate was unbelievably unprofessional in her handling of Simone.

It looks like Tanner is the showmancing asshole I thought he might be.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, TV Glotzer said:

So Kevin thinks Courtney’s appreciation of his lame chicken Parmesan idea is evidence of her advanced palate? My god, chicken Parmesan? On a luxury yacht??  What a total wanker he is. 

EXACTLY!!!!  And, chicken parmesan with a RED sauce is not quite ideal for a white party dinner menu.  There are so many other sauces he could have done that are white in color over the breaded chicken breasts.

I also get annoyed with Kevin when he is describing his food - everything is "This is JUST a this or that"....does he not have confidence in his food?  It certainly doesn't sound like it when he is speaking to the guests.  And, why does he have to do that at every meal?  I don't remember other chefs having this much interaction with the guests.  Usually the stew on service does the meal descriptions, if I recall correctly.  

• Love 24

Well,Tanner showed his true colors tonight. First of all, he seems to have a very weak stomach as we have seen more of him puking than working. We also know he has no filter and the way he talked about his dalliance with Simone was very disrespectful. He’s also a very sloppy drunk.  I wish all these middle aged women would stop sexually harassing the crew. It’s not ironic or funny - it just shrieks desperation. I didn’t hear what the primary does that gives her the money to bring her friends on a cruise but I didn’t know that being a Deadhead led to such success.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Kevin is a douche.  Riley is obnoxious.  They can go any time.  Fighting over nothing is tiresome.  I doubt this truce will last.

Simone and Tanner are cute.

Brian needs to get that knee drained.

Both Ashton and Kevin took the high road and apologized to Rhylee, who didn’t apologize back.

She seems to come from a charming family, with that anecdote about her father confronting with a gun the Fed Ex guy doing Christmas deliveries.

Tanner kissed and told the next morning, and it looks like Simone is going to be over her crush.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

EXACTLY!!!!  And, chicken parmesan with a RED sauce is not quite ideal for a white party dinner menu.  There are so many other sauces he could have done that are white in color over the breaded chicken breasts.

Prefer red sauce over white sauce.

And red over white wine — I’m not drinking fucking Merlot!

Fuck white parties!

• LOL 4

If I ever got to be a charter guest on a yacht in Thailand, I'd want Thai food and seafood basically every day. I can get chicken parm from an Italian restaurant any time of the week. 

Also, I'm still mentally gagging over the thought of making out with vomit-breath Tanner, in his sweaty shirt. I had some sloppy drunk moments in college, sure (I still vaguely remember making out with some unattractive frat boy wearing a pink beanie. As in he was wearing the pink beanie, not me), but by my mid-20s, I definitely had higher standards. I guess being in the yachting world/reality tv just makes you not give a shit about the hygiene of your tonsil hockey partner.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, sara1025 said:

I love how Simone brings up how she's a mathematician, like that somehow makes her a genius at EVERYTHING. Just because someone is very intelligent and well educated doesn't mean they will automatically have the social and hospitality skills required to give great service as a stew. And I highly doubt Kate is having an issue with her because of Kate being jealous of her mathematician skills lol.

Hahahahahahah!  

Kate would love all A+ stewardesses.  It does not benefit Kate to have shitty workers.

Somehow, Simone is missing me, too.

She is horrible at service.  She is very slow.  The morning she did breakfast by herself......she could not even figure out how many oranges it took to make fresh OJ.  She kept going back to get more.  Geeeesh!  Just bring the whole crate!  

Watching Simone work is very frustrating.

Now, Simone has a sex tape......with euphoric  squeals and all!  🤮

Good luck getting any respect at your ‘mathematician’ career or a decent bride price!

Edited by Dance4Life
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

Is the booze in Thailand especially potent?  I am seeing people get really wasted this season, even Kate who usually has her shit together.

Tanner and Simone grossed me out - not just the excessive PDA but knowing that he’d reek of cigarettes and puke and sweat...   yuck...

Courtney is really growing on me.  She’s a bit of a princess but a hard worker and funny as hell.

• Love 16

That chicken dish looked like supreme de volialle a la Milanaise.  It's a different kind of "chicken parm" than the red sauce and cheese kind. I love it.

I do not think Kevin says "it's just a ..." because he lacks confidence, the "it's just..." is kind of a false modesty thing. An affectation.

Next week looks so drama-filled!

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Now, Simone has a sex tape......with euphoric  squeals and all!  

Good luck getting any respect at your ‘mathematician’ career or a decent bride price!

Huh?? What sex tape?? A “decent bride price”?? 🤔

I am so grossed out by the editing this season. Hearing people puking is vile. Why are they forcing this on viewers?? And what an invasion of privacy. 

Somehow I was shocked to see Courtney in Brian’s bunk. She seems so meh about him. And everything, lol. 

Rhylee is very unattractive. 

Poor Brian, why didn’t Captain Lee get him medical help a lot sooner?! 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

It is really bad for morale when members of different departments take each other to task. For example nobody wants to see Kate admonishing Brian and it is really unfortunate that Tanner is going to give Simone a tongue lashing.

From the moans, I think Simone quite enjoyed that tongue lashing LOL!!

• LOL 7

Rhylee, the saying is it couldn't get MORE awkward, not less awkward.  If it could get less awkward, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.   And by the way, you're an asshole.

Surprised that Rhylee hasn't tried to hook up with Tanner yet since he's clearly a raging douchebag.  How many times have we heard him puke so far this season?  And to come back from yakking up his booze and then suck face with Simone?  Gross.   Even grosser?  To tell the deck crew that he went down on her the night before.  Did anyone ask?  Nope.  And then to add insult to injury, insinuate that she did nothing for him, mathematical skills aside.  

Simone isn't great at service, partly because she's not being given the chance and partly, I think, because she's intimidated by the guests.  She won't learn if she' not given the opportunity but she also has to step up and out of her comfort zone (and maybe a luxury yacht isn't exactly the place to learn.)

Still prefer Kevin over Rhylee.

Poor Brian.  Ouch.  They never should have waited to get a doctor onboard in the first place.   Not sure if that was Ashton or Capt. Lee that fell down on that one.  Were Brian and Courtney sharing a bunk?  

I really disliked Courtney at first but she's grown on me a lot.  She doesn't get shitfaced drunk and she does work.   

These guests are embarrassing.  Don't go in the galley and don't wander around looking for a shirtless captain.  

• Love 20
7 hours ago, scrb said:

Both Ashton and Kevin took the high road and apologized to Rhylee, who didn’t apologize back.

She seems to come from a charming family, with that anecdote about her father confronting with a gun the Fed Ex guy doing Christmas deliveries.

Tanner kissed and told the next morning, and it looks like Simone is going to be over her crush.

She may have apologized back and the editors cut it out to make her more of a villain.  Or it could be a "family tradition" to always be right and never apologize.

Very dumb of Tanner to brag like that.  You just know it's going to get back to her in such close quarters.  I grew up in a very small town.  Nothing stays secret.

• Love 6

Simone must really have it bad for Tanner if she a) fell for that ultra romantic line of "I wanna hook up with you so bad; and b) had no problem making out with his puke mouth. I would guess she's probably not so happy about hearing waking up next to her the next morning was a total surprise to him. He couldn't have been too disappointed though if he hooked up with her again the next night AND went downtown. We definitely saw a new side of Tanner on this episode, and I'm not just talking about his ass climbing into his bunk with Simone. He was just completely gross, including telling Ashton about his sexcapades. Ashton further solidified his reputation as a douche by having Tanner repeat it to Rylee. Stay classy, deck crew!

• Love 14