Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: 40 and Fancy Free

• Start Topic

Melissa turns forty but worries that fights brewing between Jennifer and Jackie, Jackie and Teresa, and Margaret and Teresa could ruin the whole event. While Margaret struggles with her mother’s decision to take a job in the city, Dolores tries to move her relationship forward with David.

Airdate 11.20.2019

Nono starts to shake when the convo turns to Juicy.

He did not get his citizenship because he did not want the government in his business....which was a criminal life.

During the WWHL special.....Juicy was so full of himself.

Bragged about completing his GED. Pffffffffft!

Government’s first question.

Mr. Giudice, I see you live in a 5 million dollar mansion despite not graduating high school and immigrating  to America  at age 1.

Tell us how you earn your wages.

Juicy: 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬💰 

• Love 11

If I was Delores I would be sick of hearing people ask about the boyfriend.  He’s a doctor, he seems shy, and I’m sure he wants his appearances on the show limited.  

Melissa and Joe don’t have much going on.  I’m finding it hard to stand Tre.  The entire episode was boring.

• Love 13

When did Juicy finally leave the country?  I'm so freaking tired of it.

Everyone tells Jenn to apologize and don't say 'but'.  So Jenn says 'but'.  Not surprised.

Who's going to pay Marge senior's rent.  That will be interesting.  That's a fair amount of coin for a bookkeeper.

Delores's dad seems nice.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

People are so narcissistic. I don't get it. I would feel SO uncomfortable at a party where my name and face were all over the place.

It would be one thing if friends and family were throwing the party and doing that, but in this case we were shown she planned and was being billed for it herself.

• Love 15

I thought father Gorga was up Joe's ass by the way he was the 1st to Italy. But I'm glad he went off on it being Joe's fault for not getting citizenship. I don't buy though Teresa knew nothing at the very least she didn't know many specifics and didn't care as long as they were in a 5Mil house and she could buy whatever she wanted. Joe seems to get his situation isn't special and that others with him at ICE are in the same boat. Gia needs a reality check. 

I'm being overly touchy here but everytime a big deal was made about turning 40 in a bad way I cringed. They're all healthy. I'm in my 30s and disabled and my friends and I constantly worry about each other's health. Appreciate you're aging and healthy to enjoy it with your friends and family.

Anyone else spot Teresa's lawyer at the party? Not long after Teresa got there he was standing around near her. He wasn't with the husbands though.  I lIke this current group of husbands go off separate from the wives and have a good time as the woman snipe and gossip. Bill still seems a bit awkward around them but I still like him. Nice to know he does trauma work and not just rich women boob jobs and botox.

Buddy Valastro was there but I didn't spot his wife. Years ago I'm talking around Amber and the twins time I thought there were rumors Andy reached out to Buddy's wife but they didn't want their family on tv in that way. 

I went to a fancy wedding at the place Melissa had her party. Quite a view of the Freedom Tower from the outside space. From what I can remember. My brother and I decided to drive there like morons not realizing Obama was in town at the UN so it was a ride from hell, and my disabled ass had to hobble-run in 90degree heat from where we parked. Horrible time in some ways but the food was amazing so it was worth spending the next day in bed since food is everything. I can't tell you about how it was decorated which is all Melissa seemed to care about. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Curious as to how much money Melissa spent on her party. From where I sit, that venue looked bare and cold. Nothing fancy or attractive. (But I think there were posters of her? Something like that.......)

So, where did she spend the money on decor? Didn't we see her at that party planners picking things out? Maybe I just don't pay attention.
Actually. No maybe about it. I don't. I side watch this crap while I am training my dog!

12 hours ago, Emmeline said:

If I was Delores I would be sick of hearing people ask about the boyfriend.  He’s a doctor, he seems shy, and I’m sure he wants his appearances on the show limited.  

Melissa and Joe don’t have much going on.  I’m finding it hard to stand Tre.  The entire episode was boring.

If I were Delores (Gratefully, I am NOT), then I would stop mentioning my boyfriend David- THE DOCTOR !

If he/she don't want him on the show, she surely doesn't need to mention him while the cameras are rolling. 

I wish she would cut her hair or lay off extensions. She has potential to be a lovely woman.

• Love 7

Overall reaction?....Zzzz😴

Do we need to see a Marge Sr. "apartment hunting"? Stop trying to make her happen. I know she's been waiting like 70 years for this and finally got to be on TV and get attention and a face lift but c'mon! I don't think "book keeping" and/or social security checks will get you a 5,000 a month apartment. Or even a 2,500 one (if you're squandering $$ on cosmetic procedures left and right).

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

My god Jackie is getting tedious.  

She reeks of desperation.  It was rumored she was on the chopping block.  I don't find her at all fun or entertaining.  She's humorless and forgettable. 

• Love 24
13 hours ago, janiema said:

I realized why I can’ stand Melissa. She reminds me of Kyle Richards. Same vacuous thought processes and expression.

And both exploited their family drama for camera time. Except, at least Kyle didn't NEED Kim to get on the show. Mel would have zero place in this franchise if not for Tre, and now she knows it for sure. But Mel and Kyle are both vacuous opportunists who think we're too stupid to see the game they're playing. 

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Female attorneys? When did they allow that to happen? Next thing you know, we'll have lady doctors and lady cops...

Right? Must’ve been some female attorney or judge that led to him getting disbarred.

Frankie is a fucking creep.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, ichbin said:

That kid in the back row of Jackie's car looks like Pete Davidson.

Isn't Melissa lucky that her husband prepared her breakfast in bed for her birthday. In case she doesn't realize it on her own he makes sure to say it too.  What a jerk!

Go Nono, tell it like it is! I believe we witnessed the most real moment ever on this show when he put the blame firmly where it belonged. 

Except he blamed it on Joe not becoming a citizen. Yeah, deportation wouldn't be an issue if he had become a citizen, but they're all glossing over the fact that they wouldn't be in this situation if crimes had not been committed.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Axie said:

I am glad that someone finally told Teresa that Joe’s legal problems are of his own making.  And, even better that it came from her father.  I’m so tired of them playing victim.

Why do these women discuss their personal problems with their young daughters?

Yes! the daughters on these shows seem to be more of the adult in the room than their mothers...Jolie on RH of Orange County; Gia on RHONJ; Brianna on Orange County; Avery on RHONY. These daughters seem to have something that their mothers lack...empathy. Gia  just seems to think that she knows more than any adult but maybe that's because she's surrounded by  morons for parents.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Nono starts to shake when the convo turns to Juicy.

He did not get his citizenship because he did not want the government in his business....which was a criminal life.

During the WWHL special.....Juicy was so full of himself.

Bragged about completing his GED. Pffffffffft!

Government’s first question.

Mr. Giudice, I see you live in a 5 million dollar mansion despite not graduating high school and immigrating  to America  at age 1.

Tell us how you earn your wages.

Juicy: 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬💰 

Nono is right...Joe was a crook and never became a U.S. citizen because he was a crook and did not want to be on the government radar screen. Teresa knew this and never encouraged him to do otherwise...why would she? The money was rolling in and they were buying fancy cars, fancy clothes, living in a gaudy faux palace...even now Teresa is still living beyond her means...did I hear the pool guy right last. right that the pool was going to cost $150,000??? And chose marble for it??? OMG! And she's bragging about she is New York Times bestselling author...she never wrote any of her books. We all know that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Nono is right...Joe was a crook and never became a U.S. citizen because he was a crook and did not want to be on the government radar screen. Teresa knew this and never encouraged him to do otherwise...why would she? The money was rolling in and they were buying fancy cars, fancy clothes, living in a gaudy faux palace...even now Teresa is still living beyond her means...did I hear the pool guy right last. right that the pool was going to cost $150,000??? And chose marble for it??? OMG! And she's bragging about she is New York Times bestselling author...she never wrote any of her books. We all know that.

Why would you suround a POOL with marble. Marble is super slippery when it gets wet. And it's porous, so it has to be sealed regularly to guard against the elements. I cannot believe that a contractor would give marble as an option.

The outfit that Margaret wore to Melissa's party, just no. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
52 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Hahahah!!!!

Jennifer’s house is insane!  Looks like a courthouse.

The only thing bigger is her lips! 

Margaret and Marge Sr. have the cutest matching facelifts. 

They look the same age!

Someone refresh my memory.  Is Marge Sr. an American?

She sounds like Ivana Trump when she speaks. 

She was really stressing her guttural sounds!

Teresa had an eye job! Her eye lids were hooded before.  Now you can see the crease and her eyebrows are lifted. Under eye area looks tight, too. It looks good. Her skin has that laser look, too. 

Of course, Tre can afford to buy the fun stuff!  

She does not pay her bills!  

Bring on the Pool Parties!!!!

They cannot repo my new Pool!!!!! Or, my 5 million dollar mansion!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Except he blamed it on Joe not becoming a citizen. Yeah, deportation wouldn't be an issue if he had become a citizen, but they're all glossing over the fact that they wouldn't be in this situation if crimes had not been committed.

I do think Tre's entire family does the denial dance when it comes their fraud charges and all of that side of the legal trouble. But I really do think Nono was JUST referring to the situation Joe is in NOW. He has served his time for his previous charges. But because he never bothered to obtain citizenship, he can't just walk free. Joe is getting all pissy on the phone and complaining that he's just going to let them deport him and be done - I think it's shitty. Tre made a good point - "We suffered all this time while you were in prison, you should be willing to put up with a bit more in the hopes that you can be released and be with your daughters". He's just coming across as really selfish. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Who's going to pay Marge senior's rent.  That will be interesting.  That's a fair amount of coin for a bookkeeper.

I wondered the same thing. I have to wonder how real that search for an apartment actually was. 

Unfortunately, it appears that we will be hearing about and seeing more of Senior this season as part of Junior's stretch for a storyline/relevance beyond fighting with a castmate.  It never ceases to amaze me how much personal stuff so many of these people are willing to share to the world about their families.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, kicksave said:

did I hear the pool guy right last. right that the pool was going to cost $150,000??? And chose marble for it???

not defending the Gudiasses but the pool guy said normally it would be 150K but Tre's cost would be around $50K-ish with the "family discount" (he quoted a number - it was far less than 150K) (which begs the question - why is he charging average customers 3x's what he charges his family/friends????). I agree about the marble stupidity - she's such a dumb arse... lordt.

Edited by BodhiGurl
clarifying 50K vs $50, lol
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

not defending the Gudiasses but the pool guy said normally it would be 150K but Tre's cost would be around $50K-ish with the "family discount" (he quoted a number - it was far less than 150K) (which begs the question - why is he charging average customers 3x's what he charges his family/friends????). I agree about the marble stupidity - she's such a dumb arse... lordt.

And those kids will hardly ever use it...but Teresa can have her boy toy over for some skinny dipping by moon light🌜

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 11/20/2019 at 9:14 PM, janiema said:

I realized why I can’ stand Melissa. She reminds me of Kyle Richards. Same vacuous thought processes and expression.

Oh my God, Kyle has her faults, but comparing her to Melissa is so cruel! 😜 ☺️ I mean, at least when Kyle's voice gets high, it's from a real emotional place.  Melissa just puts on a heavy Jersey accent sometimes because...well, I've never been fully briefed on that.  Kyle actually loves her husband, and I think they actually have sex.  Kyle doesn't lie.  When she was called out for smoking pot before it was legal, she copped to it.  Melissa cops to nothing.  Kyle is (over)involved with her children as people, and not just extensions of herself.  Kyle isn't whip-smart, but I get the impression there's a brain in that skull somewhere.  Melissa is just smarter than Teresa, which puts her with the other 7.2 billion of us. And I get the impression that Kyle thinks about something other than herself at least twice a year.  Sorry, not dogging on the OP! Guilty as charged for dogging on Melissa though.  I hope to do it more often.  She is one of the most vapid people I have ever known of.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:12 PM, Axie said:

I am glad that someone finally told Teresa that Joe’s legal problems are of his own making.  And, even better that it came from her father.  I’m so tired of them playing victim.

Yes, thank you!!

Other thoughts:  Was I the only one who thought Dolores didn't have a dad?  Or did anyone else think Dolores's mom was single?  The dad was so much funnier and nicer than Nonno.  And he was chief of police of Paterson?  Did I hear that right?  Is he friends with Bernie Kerik too?

Jen, you're showing a modicum of self-awareness about "bullying," and small portion sizes, to boot!  Thank you for showing your nanny on TV.  Bill is redeeming himself too.  He listens to his wife, and he's fucking polite about it. 

Jackie, an impersonation is  "junior high"?  Really?!?  Tell that to the multimillionaire comedians.

Joe, you give such sage advice--said no one ever.  Dude, if you're filming a scene, wear more than a towel.  Nobody wants to see that.  Every scene that Joe films with his sister, I feel like there is chemistry coming off of him.  Also, his eyebrows are so oddly placed.  He reminds me of that magnetic toy from the 80s where you could take a magic wand and drag tiny pieces of metal over a picture of a man's face and give him various facial hair.  Anyone remember that one?

Gia is speaking more sense than before and I dont like four against one either.  Gabby seems more sophistated at 11 years old though.  

Wow, Melissa usually isn't one to turn her parties over to someone else?  I am over here shedding tears at the personal growth she exhibited by hiring a party planner.

I don't like when Melissa is talking to a couple, and she talks to the guy primarily.  She did it with Bill at his plastic surgery party a few episodes ago, and she did it with Evan and Jackie here.  If there is a Girl Code, I would think one of the top ten rules would be not to address a woman's spouse more than you address the woman in mixed company.  Melissa, the rest of us aren't generally repulsed by our spouses.  Try it out sometime.

Melissa gets a little too pleased with herself when she's drunk.  I think she looks 40.  Exactly like a 40 year old Emmy Rossum (actress from Shameless).  I mean, does she thin she looks 30 or something? Uh-uh. Asking a gay man if he would fuck her.  Attention whore.  Jen gets similar when she's drunk, but she's not trying to get everyone to tell her how fuckable she is.  She wouldn't even dance with that guy in Oklahoma, remember?

Dolores is right that Jackie needs to lighten up.

I do sympathize with Margaret that her problems she had with her mom when she was young were never resolved, so she still gets emotional over it.  I'm the same way.  Not everyone can put their big girl pants on in every situation.  I am just happy that some of us can do it some of the time.  

I think Jen's apology was fine, just like it was with regard to Oklahoma last year.  You shouldn't have to tiptoe around and follow rules about "but."  If your apology is sincere, it should be fine.  

Teresa wouldn't be bothered if someone called her a prostitute?  Then why shut everyone up about the cheating rumors, hypocrite?

Melissa hasn't been doing this for ten years; she's been doing it for eight.  And, yes, she may have gotten better at hiding her shit, she also got more boring.  Maybe she and Teddi from Beverly Hills can hang out, and they can compete as to who is more boring.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

which begs the question - why is he charging average customers 3x's what he charges his family/friends????

Simple answer: Because he can.  It's a for-profit business. A good example of an overcharging business is new home options. The same upgraded flooring that we can buy retail for $3 sq.ft. will cost you $10 sq.ft. if you have the builder install it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Some really bad plastic surgery is going on with almost everyone this season. Scary looking.

Is Ramona really 62?!  I have to say she looks really great.

Edited by Emkat
  • Love 7
On 11/20/2019 at 9:37 PM, ichbin said:

Do we really need "Marge Sr." on this show so much?

Jackie has no room to call out Jennifer's red and sparkly outfit when she was standing there with those tragic bobby pins in her hair. 

I do not like that woman. I love Marge "jr.". I really felt for her when she was talking about what a bad mother Marge Sr. was and is.  Partier, neglectful mother, plastic surgery victim. She is horrid . Why is she still working? Isn't she like 80?! And she wants/can afford a $3,000+ a month Manhattan apt.? Is their a senior citizen, former party girl set in the city?

• Love 2
On 11/20/2019 at 10:12 PM, Axie said:

Why do these women discuss their personal problems with their young daughters?

He said he should have gotten his citizenship. I don't remember him saying that Joe was a con man, a thief, a liar and an all around piece of shit. If he did I missed it.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Melissa hasn't been doing this for ten years; she's been doing it for eight.  And, yes, she may have gotten better at hiding her shit, she also got more boring.  

She has gotten boring and overly measured.  I miss the "and we pay out bills!" Melissa of yester-year.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/22/2019 at 4:24 PM, TV Diva Queen said:
On 11/22/2019 at 2:57 PM, Hiyo said:

Give Andy time, and we will soon have "The Real Golden Girls of NYC".

I can't say I wouldn't watch that.....

Only if they made Ramona the Queen Bee of that 60+ set on the pull in NYC.  

• Love 2

Ugh...I turned on this crap this morning and realized I haven't seen any of the episodes this season. They're all so boring and thirsty. And the two Marges...BOTH look, sound, and act like "Marge, Sr.s" to me. 

The whole cast seems old and out of touch. It's not the Gordon Gekko 80s, you vapid, BORING, illiterate hags. Jennifer is a desperate zoo ape, and her cold, unimaginative shell of a house looks like a warehouse with some Furniture City crap in it. I think they meet, pre-filming, to plan and scheme their uninteresting "fights." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2