Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

THANK YOU, SONNY!!! 

I never thought I would be applauding Sonny, but I was so happy when he told Carly that Nina wouldn't come btw them if they didn't let her and when he brought up Jason. Carly is lying to herself. Sonny is present. He clearly wants to work on the marriage. He has no interest in Nina. He has unresolved feelings for her, but he is not acting on them. He has not given Nina any hints that there is hope for them. But Carly just can't let it go. It makes no sense. She is being irrational. I liked that Sonny brought up Jason but he needed to say more. Carly is a liar. She knows she's in love w/Jason but demands that Sonny stop feeling for Nina??!!? Well, maybe if you treated him nicely and loved him through this "trauma," he'd get over his feelings for her!

It's clear Carly has no interest in her marriage, and the writers want them broken up. I don't care, but Carly makes no sense to me for someone who supposedly loves her husband and sees him as a victim. And while I was happy w/Sonny during the argument, I'm really not interested in another "Sonny doesn't take his meds" plot. Sonny needs to take his meds and serve Carly w/divorce papers and move on w/his life. 

Why was Brook Lynn up in Austin's face? She has never cared about Austin so I found her approaching him to be odd today. I loved everything he said to her though. I would like to know why she was bothering him. That didn't make much sense. 

So Valentin tells Nina to turn the other cheek but when it comes to him being fooled, he's all about revenge. LOL! I'm fine w/Austin and Valentin teaming  up against Brook Lynn. That works for me. 

I had to mute Sam/Alexis/Harmony. LOL! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Today's Notes. 

BLQ and Austin bumped into each other. Austin throws much shade at BLQ. BLQ wants to rewind and start over. Austin walks away. She follows him and tries to ease things up, and Austin wants none of it. He claps her back with hurting Val. BLQ dances around the subject and goes she didn't want to hurt anyone, Austin calls her a liar. yadayadaya. BLQ does genuinely believe in Austin's... something (I missed it). and while they can't get the seat at the table of Qland she'll talk to the family and see if they can't do something. Austin snides yah to buy me off? (like. shut up. be angry but you didn't have a real claim you ninny). 

BLQ states what I stated (if there was a document, they would have honoured it. There was none, so what was the point). Austin goes you want to ease your conscience by buying mine. BLQ goes look. it's so easy to be "it'snot about the money." now that you're not getting it. Austin goes it was about getting my father recognized. (okay. but being recognized = getting money that's what you were FIGHTING FOR. For the Seat. and for Shares not just. "I wanna be seen as a Q " so shut it). Austin calls BLQ selfserving. and storms off (again). BLQ follows him (Again).

Alexis and Sam are at Charlies. Whatever. Sam goes Tracy needs to pay for what she did. You mean. trying to get your mother to dry out before she hurt someone, even though she did it in over the top Tracyness and actually apologized for it, where as your Mother went to try to stab someone (while drunk) because she WANTED to wallow and stuff and that's why she didn't even take the plea deal that would put her a rehab? You stupid cows.  Anyway Alexis is wanting to show Tracy mercy and Sam says you should suffer when you screw people over. (Really, Sam? REALLY?). Harmony shows up and Sam is a colossal bitch to her. Harmony (stupidly) sits down and they kinda chat, Alexis makes a phone call (to Robert). and Sam goes "so let's discuss things before my mother gets back." 

Sam goes. I know you changed but after what you did you did, ....Harmony goes you don't think it doesn't make me sick? That i thought I was helping them, but i wasn't? I was drugging them, including my daughter? It's like waking up to a nightmare, and I have to live with that every day. And if i can make it up to people. (which is more than what Sam ever has done). Harmony goes. we're friends, we support each other. Unless you don't want us to be friends. 

Tracy is being awesome lmao. Tracy calls Col Tad "Kentucky fried Lawyer." once again.. Jane Elliot gives me life. Tracy wants the charges dropped, fires Col. Tad and says she'll stay in jail. Lmao Tracy goes to ned You re FIRED. Ned claps back for the last time you can't FIRE CHILDREN. We're not husbands!! Anyway it comes out that Tracy doesn't want to deal jail and crap because she needs to deal with Luke's personal effects. Ned goes why didn't she just say that and she points out it wasn't really anyone's business and ANYHOO, she needs to talk to ned. she kinda dances about the subject but brings up it's about Bailey Lou.

Then Tracy goes.. I can't tell you. (NOO. TRACY. YOU BETRAYED ME!!). Ned is like the HELL?!  Tracy goes yeah but I need more information before i tell you. Ned goes you can't insinuate something  about BLQ and drop it. Anyway - Col. Tad, Dante show up with Robert, and the charges are dropped. Tracy is like. the ef? too good to be true, what happened. Alexis shows up and goes she did. (Alexis. for today you've lost your "snotty cow" status. good job).

Olivia hugs Robert. and wants deets on Tracy. Robert says no, and Olivia flirts. "I don't want to put you in compromising position." They both awkwardly laugh. Divorce. Olivia. Ned. . They are chatting. Robert goes he didn't want to get in between them. Olivia goes you weren't. it was all neds fault (please let the record show that while Ned was wrong to get drunk and sleep with Alexis. they were always just friends for like ages. Olivia and Robert are ALWAYS. FLIRTING. EMOTIONAL. AFFAIR WAS/IS HAPPENING). 

Val shows up at Crimson. Val says he can't refuse Nina. Val says that Charlotte still loves Bailey. Val says we aren't here for chitchat. Nina wants to join forces, and take down a common enemy. Val goes who. Nina kinda deflect and pleads BLQ's case, saying she's only done what you and I have done and we know what it is like to be outcasts. Val goes she hurt Charlotte too (but you just said that Charlotte isn't too fussed because she still loves Bailey so this is really about you). and then he goes. Wait , is that our enemies? The Q's. Nina coldly goes. Only one. Michael. (Nina. he ain't a Q but smash him anyway). Val reminds her that going after Michael means going after Corinthiii and Sonny wouldn't be happy. Nina says i can't be kept away from Wiley Mike understands that. (hooboy). val goes. "whose mike?" Nina explains it kinda, and Val goes. Mike will understand, but Sonny never will.

Val goes I thought keeping Sonny was retribution for Carly and Nelle. Nina goes it was at first. (Wait. what?!). Val ultimately goes I can't help you fight two wars with a child in the middle, so no. And don't go after Michael. (VAL! YOU BETRAYED ME!).

Sonny is being all Daddy to kids Sonny is avoiding his meds. Carly is being passive aggressive. and goes "I thought we agreed you weren't staying last night" (no. you TOLD him he wasn't. Y'all didn't agree). Sonny says you thought wrong. Sonny kinda lies about why he didn't sleep w/Nina but anyway schmoopy crap. why can't that be enough? Carly is like don't don't we don't love each other. Sonny goes what's the issue? Carly screams I need more than words! I need time! I need time that you don't think Nina did was Criminal (but it wasn't). and all this other crap. Sonny is like screw Nina and Carly goes why were you with her on NYE and why did i hear it from her? Carly is screaming she hates not being the centre of Sonny's life. Sonny is getting frustrated, and goes do you wanna call it quits. (yes do it. then Ms Woo will kill her, happiness abounds). Carly goes. Wait what?! You wanna leave? (OH. SHUT UP). haaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. Carly is going on and on about Nina about she's in town. she's in the room. she between their marriage. and I am thinking - yeah but that was Jason - and then and Sonny basically goes are you just using Nina as an excuse to leave me? Carly goes what? Sonny goes. a part of you has already gone and it left with Jason. YES. YES.  haaaaahaaahhhhhaahhh. They read my mind! lol.

Sonny goes we need to acknowledge there isn't three people in our marriage there is four. (hahaha. hahah). Carly evades so fast it's not even funny and goes my feelings for Jason will be an unforgettable memory (snorts) but as long as Nina is alive... Sonny cuts her off. Is that a threat? (he looks horrified). Carly goes "do you think I would risk my kids putting an end to her?" (bitch you risked your kids every day by being with Sonny so shut up). Carly goes. until you kill Nina off i your heart, i'm leaving. (oh .. shut up.) 

Val and Austin want to team up to take down BLQ. 

Tracy catches  up with BLQ. BLQ goes i need to be with Chase and my Baby. Tracy gleefully goes "you mean Maxie's baby.." 

Nina calls Col. Tad. She wants lunch.... for legal advice. (YES!. SUE FOR CUSTODY, NINA!!). 

Carly meets Olivia. Carly is moving to the MC.Olivia is like are you sure. Carly goes one of us needed to go. he didn't so I did. Who cares. 

Sonny is going to get drunk. and throws his meds. Yay.. manic sonny. that's all we need. 

• Love 9

Sam's top looks moth-eaten and it's terrible. Also, shut up, Sam. Her sanctimony toward Harmony is gross. Ever since she went to jail, Harmony has tried to make amends, yet Sam won't let her forget what she's done. As if Sam's past is so squeaky clean. Ugh, she's the worst.

And Carly is the one who keeps putting Nina in the middle. I get she's having trouble trusting Sonny, but she either needs to start or else end the marriage now.

Oh, yay, Peter's on tomorrow, said very few people ever.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Sam's top looks worth thanbmiths, it looks like rats have been gnawing on it. Ugh, even away from Carly  and Jason she's an awful person. 'My mother has plenty of help without you' while zero self-awareness that Alexis may have been struggling NYE while she was in bed with Dante.

Tracy calling Martin "Harland Sanders" was hilarious. Do the writers read this board?

55 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Why was Brook Lynn up in Austin's face? She has never cared about Austin so I found her approaching him to be odd today. I loved everything he said to her though. I would like to know why she was bothering him. That didn't make much sense.

I thought that it was to remind Gentle Doctor Austin that the Quartermaines screwed him over and to give him an impetus to work with Valentin against them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sam's top looks worth thanbmiths

Haha @statsgirl sometimes you use interesting historical words, I enjoy your posts and have learned from them. i was wracking my brains  hmmm worth thanbmiths  I wonder what that means?  Then I worked out the typo, worse than moths, looks like rats.🤣😆

Meanwhile ... Sam really is the worst person ever besides dressing so terribly. She is not even worth 1 thanbmith.

Carly and Nina have both lost their minds but apparently it is going to be Sonny who has the mental breakdown from not taking his drugs and starting drinking first think in the morning,

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Sam goes Tracy needs to pay for what she did. You mean. trying to get your mother to dry out before she hurt someone, even though she did it in over the top Tracyness and actually apologized for it, where as your Mother went to try to stab someone (while drunk) because she WANTED to wallow and stuff and that's why she didn't even take the plea deal that would put her a rehab? You stupid cows. 

Not that it ultimately matters but Tracy had zero altruistic motives behind setting up Alexis last year. She said for over a month that she did it because she assumed Alexis would blab about sleeping with Ned since she fell off the wagon and came up with the plan after Alexis mumbled something while drunk about how she told Ned he should tell the truth.

I don’t think we were supposed to buy that claim after she was caught that she did it to help Alexis in any way. Alexis was in a horrible place in her life when this was going on but I don’t think she deserved to be framed for a crime she didn’t commit because Ned cheated on his wife. However, I’m not surprised that Alexis had the charges dropped because she wasn’t the one going on about how Tracy needed to pay, Sam was. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Not that it ultimately matters but Tracy had zero altruistic motives behind setting up Alexis last year. She said for over a month that she did it because she assumed Alexis would blab about sleeping with Ned since she fell off the wagon and came up with the plan after Alexis mumbled something while drunk about how she told Ned he should tell the truth.

yeah. Tracy did say that. but she also said she wanted Alexis to get some help. I'm not sure why that's supposed to be ignored. Tracy never admits she's doing something nice until people wring it out of her. It wasn't her only motivation. but it shouldn't be one that should be ignored either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/9/2022 at 4:57 PM, 30 Helens said:

I still think Esme is Ryan’s daughter. 

I hope not, but if tptb want her to stick around, she'll have to be somebody's  daughter.

I wonder if Brooklyn/Austin was some kind of weird chem test? I mean Ewww, but  I can't figure out how they are related anymore.  

Right now would be a good time for the writer's to retcon things and make Nina Willow's mother or something.  Anything to break up Millow.

Love Tracey.  Love her so much.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam's top looks moth-eaten and it's terrible.

It's $160 top and it's not the first time she wears it, so I'm assuming that they're trying to maximize their money or something. 

So I understand why Sam is still holding on to her anger at Harmony. What Harmony did was despicable and when she was talking about all the women/girls, including her own daughter, and what she did, it gave me chills. A woman drugging other women so that they are raped, there are no words for this. Harmony is not all that different from Ghislaine Maxwell, imo, may she burn in hell. 

But I am tired of the whole people who live in glass houses. Sam has done her fair share of crap, including scamming a bunch of husbands out of their money. At the end of the day, Alexis is an adult. She can be friends with whomever she wants. And Sam has no say in it, but she can try to get along with her mother's friend for her mother's sake.

Harmony has done her time and she is reformed. She has changed and she's trying to make amends but her past will follow her wherever she goes. Personally, I do find it a little hard to root for Harmony because I remember what she did every time her past gets thrown in her face. The writers don't want the character to be able to move on for some reason.

The other stuff . . .

Carly shut down the Jason talk really quickly. If Jason was still around and this thing with Nina had come out, she would have hightailed it to him so fast, Sonny's head would have spun. But Sonny is right, Jason has always been part of his marriage. And Carly wouldn't have gone back to Sonny if she hadn't felt "duty-bound" to him. And there was Jason forcing the issue as well. So it's like she didn't really have a choice but to get back with Sonny.

Nina teaming up with Valentin against Michael was an inspired idea. I'm still trying to work out why Valentin turned her down.

I'm not sure what the BL/Austin scenes were about. 

So I thought that Tracey understood that Bailey was with BL for her own protection, but now it seems like she's wondering if BL stole the baby from Maxie.

Tracy's scenes were hilarious. The lines were pretty funny. Her firing Ned and Martin was a very Tracey thing to do.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 7

Sonny looks like he's going off his meds. Who is to blame?

• Sonny because he's ignoring the notifications to see his doctor and renew his prescription
  • Carly because she refusing to meet Sonny in any way to work things out
  • Nina Because she exists.

I'm glad that Nina appears to have no illusions about Michael, unlike Willow and all his propperrs. Valentin was right that Nina will be fighting a war on two fronts if she goes after Michael and also that she will be going against Sonny but I wonder why he didn't offer to have her back at least.

@Blackie you've done me better.  🤣

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny looks like he's going off his meds. Who is to blame?

The whole world will be to blame because this is Sonny after all, but I think it's going to be about which women comes to Sonny's rescue and stands by him in the state he's going to be in. Nina or Carly.

Dun dun dun!

Stay tuned for another storyline no one cares about!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nina teaming up with Valentin against Michael was an inspired idea. I'm still trying to work out why Valentin turned her down.

Probably because he wants to go after BLQ, and it's easier to deal with her alone than with her and Michael. And as he pointed out to Nina, going after Michael meant going up against the Corinthii, and who needs that nightmare?

I do think he'd give her moral support if she decides to proceed against Michael, but that's about it. Nothing tangible.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Was Donna heading off to school with Avery? Is she now the same age as Wylie and Scout?

Yes I was wondering the same thing. I guess she goes to some kind of private preschool (like a Montessori?)  so her mother has time to march around town threatening and slapping people.

• LOL 16
44 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I wonder if Brooklyn/Austin was some kind of weird chem test? I mean Ewww, but  I can't figure out how they are related anymore.  

they are 1/2 cousins. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2022 at 12:21 PM, dubbel zout said:

Sophie's choice time. Which story is more boring, this or the stupid cabin trip?

Show should find a way to combine them.  Would that become interesting, or twice as boring?

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

1st cousins once removed. Or I guess half first cousins once removed.

• Love 2

Haven’t watched today’s episode but from previous eps, I don’t understand what Trina was going on about regarding Ava humiliating Spencer. I actually enjoyed Ava explaining, in detail, the concept of restitution which he clearly still doesn’t understand.

I did however very much enjoy NC’s acting choice when he drank his tea as if it were popcorn listening to Victor and Laura. The entire scene was gold!

Oh, and Willow is being ridiculous. Really hope Nina stops herself from signing anything away over Mike/Sonny.

Edited by Desperado
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Britt and Austin were enjoyable.  I like male/female platonic friendships and this show doesn't have enough of them.

Agreed. But it doesn’t help that every platonic relationship eventually morphs into a romantic one. (See: Brooke Lynn/ Chase). So Britt and Austin should be dating by March.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Tracy calling Martin "Harland Sanders" was hilarious. Do the writers read this board?

If they do, they ignore most of it.

• Love 4

So let me get this straight: Sonny isn't allowed to bring up how Carly was nanoseconds away from boning Jason--in Sonny's bed, at that--but Carly needs to go on and bloody on about how when Sonny didn't know who he was or that Carly existed, he fell in love with Nina.  Got it.  Stay hypocritical, Carly.  And way to say you want Nina dead and then act like you didn't actually say that when Sonny calls you out on it. 

Also, shut up, Sam.  You and your ridiculous shredded sweater have zero moral high ground to stand on.  Sure, you can be pissed at Harmony and Tracy, but especially for the latter you scoff at the notion of "protecting family?"  Given the lengths you've gone to not just for Jason, but Sonny and Carly (and Michael, I guess), it's laughable that you "don't buy" someone else doing the same. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The whole world will be to blame because this is Sonny after all, but I think it's going to be about which women comes to Sonny's rescue and stands by him in the state he's going to be in. Nina or Carly.

I think it's a way to move Nina/Sonny along while giving him immunization. First, they never would have fallen in love if he hadn't had amnesia. Then, they never would have (kissed again, had sex, whatever is next) if his condition hadn't been out of control.    

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

every platonic relationship eventually morphs into a romantic one. (See: Brooke Lynn/ Chase). So Britt and Austin should be dating by March.

Normally I'd agree, but given the dialogue, I think Austin has drawn the Maxie straw.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So let me get this straight: Sonny isn't allowed to bring up how Carly was nanoseconds away from boning Jason--in Sonny's bed, at that--but Carly needs to go on and bloody on about how when Sonny didn't know who he was or that Carly existed, he fell in love with Nina.  Got it.  Stay hypocritical, Carly.  And way to say you want Nina dead and then act like you didn't actually say that when Sonny calls you out on it. 

Also, shut up, Sam.  You and your ridiculous shredded sweater have zero moral high ground to stand on.  Sure, you can be pissed at Harmony and Tracy, but especially for the latter you scoff at the notion of "protecting family?"  Given the lengths you've gone to not just for Jason, but Sonny and Carly (and Michael, I guess), it's laughable that you "don't buy" someone else doing the same. 

To be fair about Carly and Jason, those three are always two steps from being a throuple. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Carly has the bodyguard do the school run. 

I thought that was Sonny as he was the one who packed up Avery's and Donna's stuff and they had to get their gummy vitamins and Avery said they would if he did too. Whcih Sonny totally didn't.

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think the main reason is that since he has moved on from Nina, he can actually view when she is acting deluded. "Mike understands"

Ultimately, Nina would like to have Sonny and Wylie in her life. She is not going to get one if she attacks Sonny's favorite kid and namesake.

I don't care how off his meds and drunk Sonny might get but he isn't going to support Nina going after Michael.

• Love 1

Whenever I see Austin with that egregious attempt at a man bun I can only see Pepper from American Horror Story: Asylum. I’ll never be able to take any romance he has seriously. Still super glad Franco is dead though. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

This whole ‘Sonny is off his meds’ story makes no sense to me. We clearly saw him at the hospital last month and he said he saw his doctor, who got him back on his correct medication and was changing the dose. So how is he now out of refills? I know, I know. Plot point. But dear lord can’t the writers be bothered to remember what they JUST wrote???

(sigh) Sam is wearing that torn shirt again. Ever hear of a needle and thread so that you can repair it before it gets to that point? Or just chuck it? Not like she doesn’t have other black shirts and really, who would know the difference? 🙄

speaking of San, I completely understand her anger toward Harmony considering what Harmony did to her, Kristina and so many others. It’s actually justified. BUT…when your mother says this woman is my friend and has helped me more than you can possibly know, at least thank her for that and try to be civil for your mother’s sake. If you can’t do that, WALK AWAY. But don’t just sit there sneering at her. Especially when you’ve done some pretty heinous things in your day too.

I really enjoyed Nina growing a backbone over the last two days. First with Carly then with Willow. Willow is completely delusional if she thinks Michael gives a rat’s ass what she wants or will even give her the courtesy of listening to what she has to say. He’s hell bent on revenge against Nina and like Carly, wants her dead. Or at the very least in prison for the rest of her life for a crime she never committed. And he absolutely has zero respect for Willow or her opinions. He prove that once again when Harmony suggested he trust Willow’s instincts and he immediately went into attack mode.

tracy, don’t ever change. I haven’t always been a Tracy fan but I’m loving Jane Elliott right now. 

• Love 11

I could definitely buy the argument that Willow's deal would be more difficult for Nina than Michael. But as some have mentioned Michael would much prefer Nina never be a part of Wiley's life, so that was my perspective when saying it would be difficult for both sides. Now from my understanding of the conversation, Willow seemed sincere in her approach to Nina and the terms of the deal were that Nina could  maintain her visitations to Wiley with Michael's consent, if she were willing to rescind her legal rights for now, as a sign of good faith. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Michael to be convinced because unlike some, I believe Michael can be reasoned with or at least accept unsavory circumstances, like he did when he let Jax blackmail him into letting Nina see Wiley again. Now I agree it is a bit naïve of Willow to expect this idea to work because, to be honest, I think she will have a more difficult time trying to convince Michael to go along with this idea than Nina. But now because she approached Nina first, it seems her idea might backfire on her with Nina now possibly gearing up for a war with her asking Martin for legal advice. 

Now Sonny. Look, I can give it to Sonny, he makes a valid argument and is right in the fact that there are currently four people in his marriage. But again, his argument falls apart because during this transition of being back home and both having feelings for other people, complete transparency was so important to their marriage. Sonny completely failed in that department. Carly has been very transparent about her feeling for Jason and even though Sonny hates that it happened, Carly has given him the time and space to vent, hurt, ask questions, and process it. Yet, Sonny refused and still refuses to give Carly that same curtesy. It just seems that deep down both Sonny and Carly are willing to let their marriage fall apart, which I am fine with.

Edited by KimChi Rogue
  • Love 3

Damn, I actually loved Sam's shredded sweater and would definitely buy it.   

Harmony was feeding young girls to Shilo, I mean, for  me personally, that would never be a "bygones" situation.

LOVED LOVED Spencer and Esme with the tea!  

• Love 1

I don't see that the Michael currently on screen can be reasoned with at all. He testified at Brad's parole hearing that Brad is a danger to society and should be behind bars for the rest of his life, as if he's going to get out and continue stealing babies (in contrast to Michael's mob family who WILL continue extorting and murdering). Then when he doesn't get his way and Brad gets out and is having breakfast at the Metro Court, Michael publically attacks him.

Sonny asks Michael to lay off Nina, Willow asks Michael to tone it down for Wylie's sake, Michael agrees face to face but goes behind both Sonny's and Willow's backs to bribe a DA with money that isn't his to charge Nina with a ridiculous crime, the situation which led to Sonny's and Carly's marriage blowing up.

4 hours ago, KimChi Rogue said:

But as some have mentioned Michael would much prefer Nina never be a part of Wiley's life, so that was my perspective when saying it would be difficult for both sides.

Michael doesn't have a good reason for keeping Nina out of Wylie's life. He wants to pretend that Nelle never existed and Nina is an uncomfortable reminder that Nelle, not Willow, is Wylie's biological mother and that Michael cannot rewrite history in that respect as he could eliminating Lucas as Wylie's father.

Jax could blackmail Michael to let Nina see Wylie (which should have been going on all along) because Michael doesn't have the integrity to admit that he was having an adulterous affair with Chase's wife as Chase was ill much less stop doing it.

Michael is what happens when someone is handed every opportunity on a gold platter (CEO of ELQ with no education or experience, really?) while constantly being told "you're the best of us".

Jax successfully blackmailed Michael because Michael is a sneak and a coward. But that is the opposite of someone who can be reasoned with.

Willow is acting like an abused partner, thinking that if he just weren't made so angry, everything would be okay. If she had made rice for dinner instead of potatoes...

• Love 17
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Jax successfully blackmailed Michael

That was the lamest blackmail ever. All Michael had to do was tell Chase the truth, and he couldn't do that, the wienie. I really enjoyed that moral cowardice, even as I found his outrage ridiculous. Chase was going to find out about Michael and Willow eventually. It's not something that was going to stay hidden forever.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Willow is acting like an abused partner

Her current relationships are not healthy ones.

• Love 8

Carly these days makes sense to me if the subtext is supposed to be that she's over being married to Sonny and has mixed feelings at best about him showing up when she was about to get what she'd fantasized about since she last had it 25 years ago. I think the nine months was enough time for her to get over grief for Sonny. Especially since she had the guy she'd always loved more.

Then Sonny shows up, and yay, "Donna and Avery have Daddy back" (Kristina, Michael, and Dante too, but they're adults), but for Carly herself? A quieter yay. She probably thinks if she and Jason had continued with their evening the way it was going, he'd never have gone out of the country with Britt and "died."

At least the way I see Laura Wright playing it is that Carly is being impossible in her demands and being as nasty as possible because (consciously or unconsciously) she resents Sonny's return and wants to drive him away, even though she doesn't have any other guy lined up. She'll still go through the motions of acting abandoned and injured and accept the sympathy that will come her way, she'll still want to "make Nina's life hell," but deep down, she doesn't really want to work things out right now.

And if Jason were to appear in town again? If he would have her (which I don't know, with Sonny in the picture), it wouldn't be a choice at all. 

Edited by NotMySekrit2Tell
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, CeChase said:

Harmony was feeding young girls to Shilo, I mean, for  me personally, that would never be a "bygones" situation.

I don't think anyone is saying it should be a bygones situation, just that throwing it in Harmony's face when she's doing everything she can to make amends doesn't make things better.

• Love 6

Maxie has got to dial back the attitude with Anna and Felicia.  And basically everyone really.  Of course she knows that BaileyLou is safe and sound, but no one else knows that.  Everyone thinks she is a mother with no idea where her child is so yes, in that context, she’s acting strange.  People grieve in different ways, but she seems to actively be trying to stop people from helping or looking for Louise.  That’s strange, and people are going to react accordingly.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think anyone is saying it should be a bygones situation, just that throwing it in Harmony's face when she's doing everything she can to make amends doesn't make things better.

Honestly it's no one's job to make the situation better.  I wouldn't try and make the situation better with Ghislaine Maxwell.   Harmony is very comparable to her.  Now, it's a soap, so I'm happy to ignore that storyline going forward with Harmony.  It's fine.  But using it as a chance to bash Sam, to me is ridiculous.  YMMV.  I stand by my post. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Ugh, Drew, stop whining about Jason being dead. 

10 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

she seems to actively be trying to stop people from helping or looking for Louise.  That’s strange,

Is it, though? Isn't she afraid that if someone finds Louise, so will Peter? That's how I see this, even though it's badly expressed on the show for the most part.

Sam is deluding herself when she says her sense of adventure doesn't put her kids at risk. Does she not remember being in Greece? That wasn't exactly a beach vacation.

• Love 4

KM works a bit better with CM, so I think it's time to pull the plug on Sam/Dante which is just horrendous.  I have no use for Drew/Sam anymore but it's better than Dante being stuck with Sam.  He has nothing with her: no story, no chemistry.  Nada.

• Love 7

I'm very disappointed in Austin. I thought that he was seeing through Victor but it looks like he's steering him right to Louise/Bailey.

Ugh at Drew being attracted to Sam still He should have raked her over the coals for giving Valentin those proxy to t hose shares.

Brad, you're a lab tech. Why didn't you get the dosage right?

Britt has a Dictionary/Thesaurus very prominent on her bookshelf. Is she writing romance fiction in her free time?

17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sam is deluding herself when she says her sense of adventure doesn't put her kids at risk. Does she not remember being in Greece? That wasn't exactly a beach vacation.

Sam always deludes herself, from her abilities as a PI to  leaving her kids to have her adventures, to the prison of a skirt, to the clothes that she chooses.

One of the differences between Maxwell and Harmony is that Maxwell came from and remained in a powerful, privileged position out in the world. Another is that Harmony regrets what she did and is trying to make amends.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, CeChase said:

Honestly it's no one's job to make the situation better.  I wouldn't try and make the situation better with Ghislaine Maxwell.   Harmony is very comparable to her.  Now, it's a soap, so I'm happy to ignore that storyline going forward with Harmony.  It's fine.  But using it as a chance to bash Sam, to me is ridiculous.  YMMV.  I stand by my post. 

I wasn't watching then but the difference to me with Ghislaine Maxwell is that Harmony was in a cult, which compromised her ability to make the right choices. She was also a victim of Shiloh.  Now that she is free of that, she is appalled by what she did. She did her time and is trying to rebuild her life and make amends. 

While Sam hasn't done anything quite as reprehensible (directly anyway),  she has been given multiple second chances by others. 

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Is it, though? Isn't she afraid that if someone finds Louise, so will Peter? That's how I see this, even though it's badly expressed on the show for the most part.

Yes, that make total sense and she should verbalize it that way.  What she’s been doing is basically telling everyone with great certainty that Peter will never find Louise and everyone’s just like “How do you even know that?!” and she’s just like “Umm.”  

• Love 2

Anyone else want to reach through the screen and put a hand on Austin's mouth to shut him up? All the red flags that conversation was raising was just really unbearable. I get that Austin is completely triggered by BL after what she did, but dude, fanning the flames of vengeance for Valentin and Victor is not a good look. Won't he feel like a total jackass when he realizes that you might have had a hand in getting Maxie's baby kidnapped for realsies.

And honestly, Maxie wasn't any better when she was having that "confrontation" with Victor. Peter will never put his hands on my daughter. Girl, sentences like this makes it sound like you know where your daughter is. Which you do. So abstain from talking.

I think that Charles Shaughnessy is an absolute delight to watch. The character is just a lot of fun. 

BL and Chase are pretty cute. I like the idea of them moving in together. It gives them privacy and I get to watch Willow's head explode. But she's with the perfect guy, so no biggie.

And the ever hated Sam. I don't know if Kelly and CM were friends before he was cast to the show, but I find that Sam and Drew have an old pals type of vibe going on, which is actually nice. And that pairing is happening. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Brad, you're a lab tech. Why didn't you get the dosage right?

I doubt he mixed the poison himself, lol.

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Britt has a Dictionary/Thesaurus very prominent on her bookshelf.

That was also in either Finn's or Austin's office recently. (Which is probably the same office with a few decorating changes.)

• Love 4

Today's show was actually pretty good. (i'm sad i didn't get to transcribe this for y'all). 

I think we've lost JE again. which is sad. But i love that she realized why BLQ was doing it to protect the baby and thinks moving her to Amsterdam was a way to keep the baby safe. 

Mistah Sheffield is a treat to watch. I love how he verbally traps people. Austin is so dumb. I know it's like beating a broken record, so i won't. but if i am supposed to feel sorry for him i don't. But we're starting to see the threads. Maxie likes Austin, Austin likes Maxie, but Austin needs to make BLQ pay for him losing "his seat at the quatermaine table." And that motive for revenge is more important than you know honouring maxie's wishes. it remains to be seen if Mistah sheffield figures out everything as quickly as Tracey did. 

So my thought are basically. Mistah Sheffield either 
A: figures out Louise is Maxie's. kidnaps her, gets Peter to help him, and takes Drew to figure out what he knows. 

or 

B: kidnaps Bailey to hurt BLQ

or

C: Hurts BLQ. 

Felicia was a treat today. she was basically saying everything i was. Why double down being horrible vs. you know. changing. if Wes Ramsay could speak normally that would be great. 

Maxie (as ya'll pointed out) needs to verbalize it better. She's worried about Louise, andshe has hope she'll be returned, but looking for her means Peter could get a leg up. the end. her pure dismissal is what causes so many red flags.but the show is setting up the roadblock towards Auxie. He couldn't respect her wishes to just let things go. and now louise is in danger (or BLQ who was protecting her daughter). and Val and Austin will clue in and either help BLQ/Louise and Maxie will soften or Louise will be rescued but BLQ will be in critical danger and Maxie won't forgive either of them. (neither will Anna towards val). 

• Love 4