Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

t remains to be seen if Mistah sheffield figures out everything as quickly as Tracey did. 

It seemed to me that the wheels were turning in that direction.  Yaa for the seniors brains!!

• Love 5

Loved Felicia's confrontation with Peter. Was this the very first one-on-one ever of these two? Credit where credit is due, both Kristina Wagner and Wes Ramsey were on fire, and the writing was great, too. Good use of GH history with Felicia remembering Cesar, and Peter using Felicia's past motherhood failures to connect them with possible Maxie mama issues. Definitely my favorate confrontation today.

Charles Chaughnessy is obviously having a blast, his Victor is a great "new" villain to watch. Hope he will stay longer than half a year.

Kelly Monaco and Cameron Mathison have good chemistry. But thanks to Carly and Drew on Robin's bridge on NYE's ending, we are probably on the road to Drearly.
Funny though that Drew mentions how glad he is that Sam and him never lost their connection, as this had not been true ever since Jason had returned from the dead the last time some years ago. They had no visible connection at all for quite some time (thanks to prob backstage turmoil) after Sam left him.

And good for Brad to open to his bestie Britt, who knows how to play the game thanks to her parents.

May I hope against hope that Liesl has left with Scotty to help Luke preparing his revenge on Victor offscreen?

Am really enjoying the show right now, good start into 2022. 

Edited by IDFfm0870
  • Love 5

Shouldn't Sonny be upset that Ms. Woo did not complete her part of their bargain and kill Peter? She should have to finish the job. 

Sam and Drew have more chemistry that Sam and Dante, so I hope they just go there. Dante can bow out nobly, cuz it is best for Scout. ...and it would be hilarious to watch Sam's head explode if Carly also decides she wants Drew. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 1/12/2022 at 6:06 PM, Daisy said:

they are 1/2 cousins. 

By my math, they're second cousins, once removed. (Austin and Ned are second cousins, so BLQ being the third generation is the "once removed" part). "Half cousins" isn't really a thing, because you don't need to have two parents in common.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, CeChase said:

Honestly it's no one's job to make the situation better.  I wouldn't try and make the situation better with Ghislaine Maxwell.   Harmony is very comparable to her.  Now, it's a soap, so I'm happy to ignore that storyline going forward with Harmony.  It's fine.  But using it as a chance to bash Sam, to me is ridiculous.  YMMV.  I stand by my post. 

I don't know GM's history and I don't want to, but we know that Harmony was brainwashed. In fact, if Kristina hadn't been rescued, she'd probably be recruiting for Shiloh right now herself.

Meanwhile, did the let the interns do the filming today? It was full of crazy angles and swoooooping camera moves. Either the directors were feeling experimental, or they're trying to do more remote (Covid) camera work - or it was just an off day. We'll see. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/11/2022 at 6:14 PM, TVbitch said:

Oh puhhlease. Those guys would have been all over Britt in the club! I love that she's a dork, though. 

I would run at breakneck speed and crash through ten other guys to get to her if I saw her in a bar.  Britt isn’t just beautiful, she’s sexy too.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

By my math, they're second cousins, once removed. (Austin and Ned are second cousins, so BLQ being the third generation is the "once removed" part). "Half cousins" isn't really a thing, because you don't need to have two parents in common.

aren't ned and austin first cousins?

Alan - Tracy - Jimmy Lee (siblings)
Jason, AJ, Ned, Dillon, Austin - first cousins. 
BLQ is Austin's 2nd cousin...once removed. (our family doesn't use that terminology so the "removed part" confuses me so much). but thanks about the 1/2 cousin bit.

• Useful 1
35 minutes ago, Daisy said:

BLQ is Austin's 2nd cousin...once removed. (our family doesn't use that terminology so the "removed part" confuses me so much). but thanks about the 1/2 cousin bit.

The way I was taught was that my cousin's child was my first cousin once removed. My child and my cousin's child are second cousins.

In the folks above, Austin and Brook Lynn are first cousins once removed.  Michael and Brook Lynn are second cousins. Wiley is BLQ's second cousin once removed. Wiley and Bailey would be third cousins if Bailey really was a Q.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

They’re semi-cousins.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Jimmy Lee only shares one parent, Edward, with Alan and Tracy.  Jimmy Lee’s mother was Beatrice Lasseur, not Lila.

• Useful 1

the half sibling part doesn't matter when counting degrees of cousins.  Second cousins is accurate.  Same degree of relation as BLQ and Drew, or Wiley and Scout.  Though if you felt the need to be super exclusionary about it, then it's still the exact same as Wiley and Scout or Wiley and Danny since Drew and Jason were AJ's half brothers.   Bring in adoption and that would make Wiley not a Q at all, and therefore NOT related (legally anyway) to any of them.

Edited by ouinason
7 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

By my math, they're second cousins, once removed. (Austin and Ned are second cousins, so BLQ being the third generation is the "once removed" part)

How are Austin and ned second cousins?  their parents are Jimmy Lee and Tracy who are siblings, which make them first cousins.  Ned's daughter is Brooklyn, making Brook and Austin first cousins once removed.  Using siblings with more generations, Ned and AJ would be first cousins.  Brook and Michael are second cousins, and if Baily were actually hers, Wiley and Bailey would be third cousins.  Wiley and NEd are 1st cousins twice removed.  Wiley and Brook are second cousins once removed.

Edited by Katy M
  • Love 3

The couples I'm feeling are, Sprina, BLQ and Chase, and NuDream.   I kind of  like Sante, but I've been surprised by Kemo and CM and I think I'd rather have them.   I love Dante though, so I don't know.  They'd have to find someone for him.  I just really don't want another round of Lante, no matter who they recast Lulu with.  Never been a Lulu fan.

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 1

It was funny to see that Valentine learned they could not get BLQ on paternity fraud - while Nina could be gotten for fraud on what she did.  I guess PA soap law is different from NY soap law. 

Remarks about kids are general to the point of silly - the Q refrigerator would not be the place, in a house like that, where you'd put kid art.  Doesn't cook not allow them in the kitchen?

Sam talking about Alexis and then her own prison sentence - like mother, like daughter.  They've both been in prison.  Then to a scene with Brad talking about his stint.  What a town - any person is as likely to have been in prison as not. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think the whole Spencer/Trina ship has sailed. Spencer actually seems to love Esme. 

True, but Ava seems to be pushing them together by forcing her to supervise him.

Just now, sugarbaker design said:

Aren't Austin and Ned first cousins since they share a grandfather (Edward)?

Yes, they are.

• Love 1

Jimmy Lee and Tracy are half-siblings. They share 1/4 of their DNA as opposed to Tracy and Alan who are full siblings and share 1/2.

Ned and Austin are one generation down, sharing 1/8th DNA (that would be first cousins once removed). Brook Lynn is one generation down from that, sharing 1/16th of Edward's genes with Austin.

Brook Lynn as a ship for Austin doesn't make sense right now when Britt and Maxie are better options. But not impossible down the line since they weren't raised together and don't share enough DNA to matter. Any ick factor would be cultural .

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Ned and Austin are one generation down, sharing 1/8th DNA (that would be first cousins once removed).

but why are they once removed? because their parents were only 1/2 siblings? 

6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

but why are they once removed? because their parents were only 1/2 siblings? 

You're right. I should research before I answer. 🤦‍♀️

Once removed means a different generation.  So Ned and Austin are half-cousins ( I didn't know that this existed) and Brook Lynn and Austin are half-cousins once removed.

Edited by statsgirl

Today's Notes

Drew is staring at Scout's drawing. Carly is there. Drew. why are you being nice to her? She cares zero for you? Michael calls. Drew follows her and goes. I hope things are better. and walks off, Carly goes "you're not going to ask me what's wrong?" LMAO. Carly you are so pathetic. Anyway. Drew goes if you need a shoulder. Carly is like i doooooo. They chat and stuff basically how Drew doesn't know stuff about scout and he's sad. Carly makes it about her. Drew brings it back about Scout lol. and goes. we are getting to know each other so well. (because why show that storyline right?). Carly goes father/daughter bonds are awesome, I dont' wanna deprive donna and avery from theirs. Drew goes why. Carly goes I moved out. Who cares. (boring, skip). Okay wait. Drew goes you can be the best mom to Donna and Avery. (YEAH. AVERY IS AVA'S). and he is blowing smoke up Carly's ass. :( i don't like drew. okay. so they are whitewashing the fact that Carly kicked him like a bad habit by having Drew say "Well i pulled away from you guys too." .um the only reason why carly is saying this is because Jason is DEAD. AGAIN. whatever. I liked you drew for like the three minutes you were on screen.

Laura (looking very hippy). and Kevin are talking about if 'this will work." Laura wants a family meeting with Spencer. Door knocks, and it's Nik. Spencer is not amused. Nik and Spencer verbal spar about Ava.. Laura goes why don't we sit down. In unison they snap they'll stand. (that made me laugh). laura looks sad.  Nik says he's an adult and he shouldn't have been baited. Nik goes I'm an adult too. Child, please. You are no adult. Laura talks about how hard it will be for Spencer going to baby jail. it's going to be tough mentally. Laura wants everyone to kumbayah. Nik goes. i miss my son. I want to reconcile. Nik whispers that he misses Spencer too. Esme waltz in (looking cute with a ponytail). She's like what's going on. Spencer goes. my family wants to make amends. Spencer goes, I don't know. Esme goes. good thing I came home i won't let them bully you. And she takes a "come at me, bitch." stance. lol 

Kevin goes let me buy you a coffee while the family talks. Esme goes. NO i'm staying here. Spencer goes I'm good. and they leave. Spencer goes Esme is team me. Nik goes Im TRYING to be Team You. Spencer brings up Ava. Laura goes lt's get back to where we are. this is about YOU. not Ava and Esme. Nik goes. I do love you. Spencer goes "i felt the love all those years you let me think you were dead." (this was really well done. he said it very quietly, and turns away to a cut). 

Nik explains why he couldn't tell him and it hurt him. Laura goes part of growing up is learning to forgive people who hurt us. We need to move together as a family. Spencer kinda chuckles and stands up. Laura is like. did i say something funny? Spencer goes you kinda sound like Mistah Sheffield. Laura looks horrified. She goes how? Victor goes. he gave a whole speech. Laura goes don't trust him. Spencer goes. 'what? you don't have forgiveness for him?" Laura goes. i misspoke. We find forgiveness who are truly sorry who hurt us. That's not Mistah Sheffield. spencer goes, he was always good to me.  Nik goes i know how important family is. You don't have to turn to him, turn to me. I'm RIGHT HERE. CHOOSE ME.  Spencer goes. I'll choose you if you dump Ava. Nik is like what. Laura goes SERIOUSLY?! Spencer goes nothing else to say and walks off. Nik goes I tried. and Laura goes okay bye, same time next week! LOL Laura goes did you think it was one and done? no. we're doing this until you work it out. 

Kevin  is like don't worry Esme, it's just a family meeting. Esme goes "yes, but i don't like being dragged away from my boyfriend when he needs me." Kevin claps back Spencer asked you toleave. Esme goes because he doesn't want to be weak in front of Nik. Kevin goes. do you think Spencer is weak. Esme goes. Don't shrink me. they banter, and Esme claps with "i don't get how you go Family is strong when your brother is Ryan Chamberlain."  Kevin goes you aren't comparing Nik and Laura to Ryan. Kevin starts to psychoanalyze Esme. Esme flips it back to Ryan and Kevin. She slyly goes do people in locked in syndrome recovers. Kevin snaps back, look ryan isn't a case study. Ryan is dangerous and murderous, and if he wasn't locked in, you'd be scared and you'd be right to feel so. Esme... has this... oooh challenge accepted smile going on. Anyway, they go back to Spencer, and Kevin goes you wanted Spencer to reconcile. Esme is pissed that the family is sending Spencer to Baby Jail. Kevin reminds her that ya know. Spencer committed a crime. Esme goes Ava didn't have to press charges. Kevin points out Ava wanted him to take responsiblity. Kevin goes we're all team spencer. Esme needs to pee, and she won't sneak out. Kevin goes I didn't expect you too. Kevin makes a phone call to baby jail.He wants to restrict access to Ryan. 

Britt is still mindblown about what Brad did. Britt goes "i'm so surprised. you're no killer." Brad LOL goes "but he's not dead!!" Britt goes "you don't get points for attempted murder." Brad goes he didn't know and Britt snaps. you didn't suspect anything? And now Auntie Selena has stuff on you, you can go back to jail. Brad goes. forget that, I'm afraid she'll kill me. door knocks, it's Dante, he wants to talk about Peter. Brad looks like he wants to poop his pants. But it's just that more that Dante wants to rearrange Peter's transfer. Dante goes. "Oh hey brad, i heard you are staying with Selena Woo." Brad stammers that She's his auntie. Dante goes "Oh that's smart. staying with the head of a crime family when you are on parole." SHUT  UP DANTE. Britt defends her BFF and goes. why are you going off on Brad, it's your brother who was making threats. Dante brushes it off because britt didn't witness the threat. (stay awesome. Dante). Dante goes do you want to file a complaint? Brad goes no. Britt goes tell your brother threats won't be tolerated. Dante leaves and Brad pops a mentos. Britt activates best friend mode, and says stand up for yourself and be awesome. Brad goes i don't know how to distance myself, and I don't want to offend her. People who offend my aunt disappear. (oh god. Carly please offend Selena. DO IT).  Britt reaffirms she is always going to be team Brad. She's not going to let selena take Brad away from her. (this is great friendship). 

Ava sashays into Crimson, looking fabo. Nina and Col. Tad are chatting legal business with the door. Nina whines that she had to fire Scotty because he put willow on the stand and told everyone I LOVED SONNY. Ava rightly rolls her eyes and goes. which got you off, dumbass. anyway. Ava goes do you still have legal issues?  Nina goes it's about what it's always been. my grandson Wiley. (again. kinda wish this was the kid that got killed. just saying). 

Ava is like how is Col Tad gonna help you? They rehash the law. Ava is like....do you REALLY want to do this? Nina is like Carly is whispering in Michael's ear so i have to do this. Nina infodumps Ava about what Willow said. Ava goes wait. no you can't give up your rights. Col Tad says if she did it she won't get them back if Michael fails to soften. Ava is like. LISTEN TO COL TAD. Nina goes I am, which also includes going to court. Ava is like do you want to do this? Nina goes I can't wait for Michael to soften, I need to be part of his life now. Ava goes can she win? Col Tad goes she can win but it will be putrid. Do you reallly wanna burn that last bridge? Nina nods and goes.. maybe i should think about it. Col. Tad goes that is good. He's going to see if he can find things to help. He leaves. 

Ava sits down and Nina begins to infodump on her about Carly Nina says I went scorched earth. Ava has this grin and goes... what does that mean. Nina goes. I told Carly I woulda screwed Sonny's brains out. Ava has a poop eating grin. lol Ava is like really? Nina is like. yesssss but they pushed and pushed but Carly is relentless. Ava grins. Ava goes if Carly was here instead of with Sonny, this proves what i told you is true. Sonny is in love with you and Carly knows it. (Love Ava or hate her. Maura West is a treat). Nina admits she didn't contemplate Sonny falling in love with her. She asks Ava (because clearly she's going to ask EVERYONE until she gets the answer she wants) If Sonny wants me, do you think we can be happy here in Port Charles. Ava goes. "not if you sue Michael for visitation." If you go to War for Michael, you'll lose Sonny forever.  Nina doesn't want Wiley to grow up with Carly's version (aka Michael 2.0). Ava goes. don't do anything. Let Carly and Sonny break up on their own, and you get EVERYTHING.

Michael is all. aww mama this is tough for you. Carly goes have you talked to Sonny Michael goes. nope... as Sonny.... walks into the Quatermaine house's kitchen. Like. they really better be in the gatehouse because no way AJ's murderer would be allowed to just waltz in.. oh who am I kidding of course he would.  Anyway Michael goes gotta call you back. 

Michael is all you hurt mom! i can't forgive you. (he doesn't care about him and Nina - liar). Sonny snaps at him about how he wanted to tell blah blah blah. Michael goes. Nina lied to you and you defended her. how is that best for your family? Sonny goes I understand. you wanna hold Nina accountable,I'm not saying anything. Michael goes you don't understand how I'm feeling because if you did you wouldn't have defended Nina at that hearing. (shut up). 

Sonny didn't want to lie on the stand. She should of heard it from me. Michael goes shut up you could have found the time. Sonny yells he can't change what happened. but he can only reassure the family he's here. Michael goes you know what i was counting on you to help me put Nina behind bars. (lol) but instead we were blind sided. You didn't put her in jail. (then they talk over each other so i can't get it) but basically Michael REALLY wants Nina to be in Jail. Dante shouts over them. (why are they all doing this in MONICA'S. KITCHEN? can't these Corinthii have this argument else where?).

Dante gets infodumped. Sonny said he called Carly's bluff. he didn't think she'd leave. (have you met Carly you dumbass?). Michael basically says the same thing, and Dante goes yah why don't you back off, Michael goes, it's not your mom whose devastated. (no. it's your mom who is being a lying dumbo. She wants Jason. part of her is mad Sonny is back because she couldn't be with Jason, and Sonny is doing what he can to show her that he WANTS to be with Carly outside of you know killing Nina like she wants. (not emotionally. physically). )  Dante says we aren't in the relationship we can't judge.  We're trying to protect the Corinthii, goes Michael in the QUATERMAINE. KITCHEN.Michael goes you have to give mom what she wants, Sonny explodes WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME TO ALWAYS DO SOMETHING?! I can't make amends if Carly doesn't talk to me. Dante goes are you okay? Sonny goes yah. Michael goes don't push. Sonny goes. I don't like waiting but for your mother i'll wait. 

• Love 3

Laura should bring Tracy in to run the family meeting to keep.things in line.

She and Kevin are way over their heads with Spencer and Nikolas.

Tracy will shut them up and whip their asses into shape. 

I love her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Ugh, Nina is still harping on Scott "forcing" Willow to reveal she heard Sonny and Nina had feelings for each other. At least Ava mocked her a bit for it. I'd take Martin over Scott as a lawyer any day, but Scott did right by Nina at the hearing—he got the charges dismissed! 

Please let there not be a custody fight for stupid Wiley. He gets way too much focus on this show the way it is, whether we see him or not.

Did the writers forget that Spencer renounced his Cassadine ties and that included his trust fund?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Nina is still harping on Scott "forcing" Willow to reveal she heard Sonny and Nina had feelings for each other. At least Ava mocked her a bit for it. I'd take Martin over Scott as a lawyer any day, but Scott did right by Nina at the hearing—he got the charges dismissed! 

Did she want to "fall on her sword" to prove her wuuuuuv to Mooby? For a crime she didn't even commit? Good Grief, the stupid on this show-it BURNS. What did she think Scotty was going to do? Just huff and puff?

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Please let there not be a custody fight for stupid Wiley. He gets way too much focus on this show the way it is, whether we see him or not.

UGH. Just like people fought custody for his SLS of a Daddy 25 years ago.

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did the writers forget that Spencer renounced his Cassadine ties and that included his trust fund?

Is this a rhetorical question? Because we know the stupid writers retcon and retcon for plot purposes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, IDFfm0870 said:

Kelly Monaco and Cameron Mathison have good chemistry. But thanks to Carly and Drew on Robin's bridge on NYE's ending, we are probably on the road to Drearly.

I don’t know if Kelly and Cameron were friends prior to this but I honestly think Cameron has the charisma to make his acting partners better, and to feel at ease.  He just really has that laid back quality to him.

Loved the visible gulp from Brad when Dante came into the office.  But I don’t know why he’s so worried about Aunt Selina, if she reveals Brad poisoned Peter wouldn’t she also be implicating herself?  I mean how else would Brad have gotten the poison if not for her?

Why the hell is everyone telling Nina to stand down??  She should take on the Q’s and the C’s and take down two birds with one stone.  Of course that wouldn’t be allowed but she should at least be encouraged to try.

Michael is such a jackass.  Oh, so he can’t forgive the way Sonny made a fool of his mother in public court, but he can forgive the fact that Sonny killed his bio dad in cold blood.  Granted, we did get Awesome Michael for a while but that feels like it was a milllion years from where he’s at today.  Eat shit, Michael.

Nik and Spencer scenes were really well done.  The actors went toe to toe with each other.  They are both really good.

OMG I rewound the part about Nina telling Carly that Sonny would have slept with her if she hadn’t stopped it just to see Ava’s glee face.  She is so loving this.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Why the hell is everyone telling Nina to stand down??  

Because suing for access is the nuclear option, and once that process starts, she has to finish it. She's better off waiting and seeing what happens with Sonny and Carly. Martin was right that she shouldn't go ahead with things if she's not 100 percent sure she wants to proceed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Today on Spoiled Children Hospital: Michael tells Sonny that if he really cared about him, he would go after Nina. Spencer demands that Nik drop Ava.

How small is Spencer's trust fund that Ava putting the Metro Court meal on his tab is going to make a dent in it?

I like Kevin in the family session being all professional and I was mad at Esme for making him leave. Has she any gratitude for Laura and Kevin letting her live there and not on the streets? Later Esme, auditing a psychology course, tells published psychiatrist Keven that he can't bamboozle her, she knows psychology. LOL.

Pyrrhic Victories:  Martin warns Nina that going to court could get her Wylie but lose everything else. Nina listens. Spencer meanwhile wants says "it's Ava or me"  Way to try to win the battle and lose the war there Spencer.

Britt and Brad together were awesomeness. Shut up Dante, your brother Michael is a bully. I'm going to pretend that Dante went to the Q house to ask Michael about the incident with Brad because I don't want to hate all the Corinthiii.

It burns me up every time the Corinthii dismiss Ava as Avery's mother, today it was Michael asking if Carly took Avery with her. Ava may not be Mother of the Year but Kiki  turned out a damn sight better than Carly's children Michael, Joss or Morgan.

Drew deserves better than Carly Much, much better. #SaveDrew

• Love 10

Dante is like every Corinthos out there. God forbid anyone says or accuses the fuckheads of threatening someone, which is something that they do more frequently than anyone else on the show. Dante came off like a total prick. And yes, he probably went to the Qs to talk to Michael about what Brad told him, but he didn't have to be the way he was.

Drew glossing over how much of a prick Carly was to him after Jason returned is so on brand for this Drew. I cannot picture Billy's Drew being all, oh, no, not your fault. He would have said ok, then walked away. Billy's Drew just seemed to really dislike Carly and Sonny by the end of his stint. I wanna chalk it up as him letting bygones be bygones because he was locked up and beaten up for 2 years and that he is just happy to have some human contact, but he doesn't have to be so nice to offensive people.

Spencer really needs to grow up. His grievance against Nikolas, 100% justified. Nikolas sucks for letting his son think that he was dead for 3 years. But Spencer is just really good at holding on to his anger and grudges. And this whole trust fund issue. Spencer shouldn't be that offended since he said he was no longer a Cassadine.

I could not care less about Michael and Sonny's screaming match. I wish Tracey had been standing there watching this and chuckling, though. This would have made her so happy!

Brad and Britt were nice. It's good to see friendships where the characters legitimately have each other's backs. I'm talking about the non toxic, one-sided friendships. Britt standing up for Brad was nice. 

Kevin seems to have Esme's number. I really liked their scenes.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

That's typical spoiled Spencer behaviour though to conveniently forget that he renounced his inheritance and fuel his anger at Ava with the cost of a meal that Spencer and Trina shared.

Also typical Spencer to say that he's a responsible independent adult when he and his girlfriend are living rent free with his grandmother. What kind of a place does he think they're going to get on his Kelly's salary? And are poor Laura and Kevin going to be housing Esme while Spencer is away?

18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

.I  could not care less about Michael and Sonny's screaming match. I wish Tracey had been standing there watching this and chuckling, though. This would have made her so happy!

It would have made the episode for me!

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How small is Spencer's trust fund that Ava putting the Metro Court meal on his tab is going to make a dent in it?

She paid for his dinner, which is a legit expense. I don't know why he's being such an asshole. (I do.) Ava has plenty of her own money, and she doesn't need to raid Spencer's trust to pay for stuff. He's such a whiny baby.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Why the hell is everyone telling Nina to stand down??  She should take on the Q’s and the C’s and take down two birds with one stone.  Of course that wouldn’t be allowed but she should at least be encouraged to try.

even though when recapping it i am screaming DO IT - it does make sense to wait/be patient. especially because for some godawful reason she wants Sonny. if she's patient, she can have her cake and eat it too.  What i want people to start doing is start clapping back at Michael the only reason why she wants Nina in jail, isn't what she did to Sonny, isn't because she hurt the family it's because he can't delete Nelle if Nina is a constant presence in their lives. (and I would pay big money to have Nina clap that truth in his face).

30 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Dante is like every Corinthos out there. God forbid anyone says or accuses the fuckheads of threatening someone, which is something that they do more frequently than anyone else on the show. Dante came off like a total prick. And yes, he probably went to the Qs to talk to Michael about what Brad told him, but he didn't have to be the way he was.

Yeah. I hate they made Dante a Corinthiii. that was so pathetic.

30 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Drew glossing over how much of a prick Carly was to him after Jason returned is so on brand for this Drew. I cannot picture Billy's Drew being all, oh, no, not your fault. He would have said ok, then walked away. Billy's Drew just seemed to really dislike Carly and Sonny by the end of his stint. I wanna chalk it up as him letting bygones be bygones because he was locked up and beaten up for 2 years and that he is just happy to have some human contact, but he doesn't have to be so nice to offensive people.

yeah... i mean... it sucks. I didn't even get to know the Old Drew. but this drew is a Corinthii butt sniffer. Like. they need to have SOME people (who are regulars, and not just Scotty) hate mob activities and aren't friendly/don't condone what these losers do.  Like again. You all hate peter- who murders and kidnaps and tortures people. but you like Sonny who murders, and kidnaps, and tortures people. okay. 

(okay not Peter. Cyrus. but i mean basically any bad person applies)

Edited by Daisy
  • Love 4

So, Spencer says that Uncle Victor has "always been good to me". Um, how long have you known him since you've been grown up? Being good to kids isn't that hard, even for evil bastards. A better sentiment might be, "he's been good to me, so far".

• LOL 7
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

even though when recapping it i am screaming DO IT - it does make sense to wait/be patient.

That is exactly how I feel too.  Like, it makes sense to wait.  But the petty bitch in me just wants to see some more scorched earth!

• Love 5

Esme looked cute as usual but I thought her dress was a bit tight and short, I thought she just came from tennis. Was she wearing her sneakers? 

Yikes Carly's laugh at the end with Drew...... until Jason comes back and then Drew will be dropped like a hot potato again.

• Love 5
Just now, Blackie said:

Esme looked cute as usual but I thought her dress was a bit tight and short, I thought she just came from tennis. Was she wearing her sneakers? 

That dress wasn't appropriate for winter in upstate New York, but that's soap wardrobing for you. She was wearing her sneakers! I wonder if she has foot problems or just wants to be comfortable. Not everyone can be Kelly Monaco and run around all day in six-inch stiletto peep-toe boots.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Yikes Carly's laugh at the end with Drew...... until Jason comes back and then Drew will be dropped like a hot potato again.

EXACTLY. Drew will be treated as shit the Shebeast scrapes off her shoe. Drew is in for a very rude re-awakening.

Miller's Drew barely interacted with Jaysus, Mooby, and SheBeast when he left. So reading about all this ass kissing that Cameron's Drew is doing, is just gross.

• Love 5

This week has made me - for this week at least - Team Sonny. I completely felt his frustration w/Michael. Is Michael 12 or 35? Grow up, Michael! Dante was absolutely right about Michael and Dante not being in the CarSon marriage so they have no place to judge. And any hurt his dumb mom feels is her own doing! She could be w/the husband she claims to love so much if she stopped whining and crying about stuff that cannot be changed! I really felt Sonny's shouty line at the end. Carly and her equally obnoxious son are annoying! I wouldn't want to deal w/them either. The man got amnesia. He fell in love. He gets his memory back. He just wants to move on w/his wife and live his life, but can't b/c his wife is horrible and generally unsupportive. And her son is an ass who wants to yell, cry, and whine too! Ugh!  

Ava was right. If Nina wants Sonny, then it is best for her to wait and play this out. She could wind up w/Sonny and Wiley if she plays her cards right. I'm not sure why she wants Sonny so much but whatever. She'll soon learn Sonny is NOT Mike, and then she'll be running for the hills. 

I hate any and all interactions btw Drew and Carly. Carly dropped Drew like a hot potato when Jason returned so I can't take any connection/friendship they have seriously. It's a joke, and while I like CM's Drew, I preferred the way BM's Drew interacted w/Carly, Sonny, etc. He did act as if he had no use for them, and that worked for me. They were AWFUL to him. I know they want a clean slate for CM's Drew but I can't forget what happened before. 

Good scenes w/Nik and Spencer. Spencer is still very annoying and entitled though. I understand why he's angry, but I wish they'd go deeper w/the story. Him whining about his dad being w/Ava is beyond annoying at this point. 

The girl playing Esme is a good actress, but they really need to jump start whatever story they want to tell w/her. Am I the only one who doesn't know if she genuinely likes Spencer? It's still not clear to me, but I have been muting/FFing some of her scenes so maybe I missed something. It's about time they returned to the Ryan angle. This story is being told on super slow mode or something. LOL! 

Always love Brad and Britt! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I know they want a clean slate for CM's Drew but I can't forget what happened before. 

The show could reasonably have its cake and eat it if it just let Drew acknowledge Carly treated him terribly but it's been three years (or whatever) and he's ready to let bygones be bygones. A lot has happened since he left PC, blah blah blah. No excusing her behavior, just say he appreciates the apology and they can move on. 

It doesn't ignore or erase the past, as the show is wont to do, and it lets the characters start fresh. It's really not that hard. Or shouldn't be. If I can figure this out, someone on the writing staff should also be able to.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

The show could reasonably have its cake and eat it if it just let Drew acknowledge Carly treated him terribly but it's been three years (or whatever) and he's ready to let bygones be bygones. A lot has happened since he left PC, blah blah blah. No excusing her behavior, just say he appreciates the apology and they can move on. 

It doesn't ignore or erase the past, as the show is wont to do, and it lets the characters start fresh. It's really not that hard. Or shouldn't be. If I can figure this out, someone on the writing staff should also be able to.

Exactly! That was my problem when I first saw their interactions weeks ago. They interacted as if Drew was actually a friend they cared about and I was like, "huh?" As you said, all the show had to do was acknowledge the past and set them on a new path but they want to ignore what was written before! They did the same thing w/Jason and Lucky when JJ returned. It's such awful storytelling, IMO. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That dress wasn't appropriate for winter in upstate New York, but that's soap wardrobing for you. She was wearing her sneakers

hmm maybe Esme's  mother is a tennis pro on the run from Big Tennis and operates an underground training facility. In fact Esme's siblings are trapped there training 24/7. Esme was sent to boarding school to land a rich heir to fund the training facility. Ryan C is her dad, who she is going to try to rehabilitate and take to the Para Olympics,

Edited by Blackie
to expand my story
  • LOL 6

For the love of god, CARLY HAS NO LEGAL RIGHT TO AVERY.  That Michael was asking her if she "took" Avery with her when she left Casa Corinthos and for Drew to refer to her as Avery's mother?  No, no, no.  I'm so sick of her appropriation of other people's children.

Re:  that punk-ass bitch, do fuck off, Michael.  You can stomp your foot and whine forever about Nina not going to prison (for NO CRIME), but that's not Sonny's fault.  Stop acting like a 12-yr-old.

Speaking of, Spencer needs to grow up.  Constantly demanding Daddy break up with his wife to get back in his good graces is something pre-SORASed Spencer would do.  And I really want to forget that kid every existed.

Ava's advice to Nina was good.  It's amusing that I can't figure if she's the angel or devil on Nina's shoulder.

Lastly, go to Hell, Dante.  First with the snide remarks that BRAD is the one who needs to beware of his crime family as if Dante himself didn't bow down to Sonny's whims, and secondly for shrugging off Britt telling him how Michael threatened Brad.  So, like every "good" Corinthos, one set of rules for thee, another for me.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 16