Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Would love to see Cam kind of tap into a lil inner Zander after that break up. Or the very leaat, treat Lil Carly, like the piece of crap she is. I know Spencer is going to be 100% behind Cam, but I wonder about Trina. Both are her best friends, but when she finds out about Joss cheating, will she react the same?

Also, the reactions from Sprina, Ava, Laura, Liz, and Dante is basically the 7 days of the week moodboard...My favorote is either Liz's satisfied smirk and Dante's legit "What in the blue hell is going on" face.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She did give him a BLT and fries at Kelly's before she got arrested after the van crash.

Err, do you mean he, as in Cam, gave her, as in Heather a BLT and Fries? With ketchup?

Yes.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I think Britt was essentially pulling a DNR on herself, going out like this on her own terms rather than letting the Huntington's kll her slowly.  

• I agree. I felt it was a type of suicide. She would rather die that way then a slow horrible death of Huntingtons.
  • Like 11
  • Sad 3

I’m in the minority here, in that I wasn’t impressed with Ava or the Esme is pregnant reveal scenes, they just fell flat for me. They would of had a better impact if I hadn’t just seen Ava two weeks ago rant,rave, and threaten Nikolas when he told her Elizabeth was pregnant. At this point I’m tired of seeing scorched earth ava(it’s too repetitive) I might feel bad for her if she wasn’t such a bad person herself. And it’s annoying to see Nikolas get the Julian treatment. 

• Applause 1

As Liesl and Nina mourns Britt's death (and Nina mourns Nelle's), I am reminded that they still have Willow, who has maybe 5% of the fire and personality of Britt or Nelle. What a sad dilution of the gene pool in the family.

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Nope.  Just that they've been broken for awhile, which was news to him and that she should have broken up with him sooner.

At least they let Cam tell her that he didn't have a problem with their relationship and then say that if she's not happy they can work on it and develop. But nope, Joss is already gone, justifiably in her mind. And then she cried because it's so, so sad for her.

57 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

I know Spencer is going to be 100% behind Cam, but I wonder about Trina. Both are her best friends, but when she finds out about Joss cheating, will she react the same?

Trina already knows that Carly Jr. has feelings for Dex so I expect her to be on Team Joss, especially if Spencer is supporting Cam. Poor, poor Joss, just trying to be good and being rejected by Cam.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As Liesl and Nina mourns Britt's death (and Nina mourns Nelle's), I am reminded that they still have Willow, who has maybe 5% of the fire and personality of Britt or Nelle. What a sad dilution of the gene pool in the family.

I think Willow got the milk toast genes from her father. Even Kiki was mild, but she had some fire in her belly, which she probably got from Ava. Silas was a wet rag.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

At least they let Cam tell her that he didn't have a problem with their relationship

Well, not to defend Joss, but I had a problem with Cam's "hey we had sex, I thought we were all good' defence.  I know he's a dude and doesn't see things but they had sex once, at least a month ago because it was when Liz went to find her parents and they had the house to themselves.  Since then  she's been busy saving Dex and being saved by Dex.  So one sexy time 2 months ago and not much contact between them since then equals no problem with the relationship?  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

Well, not to defend Joss, but I had a problem with Cam's "hey we had sex

yes Cam is mostly sad because he beautiful girlfriend who has had sex with him is dumping him, but I'm sure when he thinks about it a little bit he will realize that they weren't that great of a couple. I hope he takes some of Scott's $$ and goes on a trip and has some fun!!   Yaa for #freedCam

Today was a good soap day, I really needed a nap and it didn't put me to sleep. Movement on stories, good acting all around and some excellent esp WL.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Well, not to defend Joss, but I had a problem with Cam's "hey we had sex, I thought we were all good' defence.  I know he's a dude and doesn't see things but they had sex once, at least a month ago because it was when Liz went to find her parents and they had the house to themselves. 

Wait, wasn't their first time when Esme taped them and released the video? So if they did indeed have sex again when Liz left to go to her parents' place, that would make it twice, no?

• Like 2

Here's how you do it, Show: Girl falls for new boy; girl breaks up with old boyfriend; girl sleeps with new boy. Reversing those last two makes the girl a cheating cheater who cheats.

Guess the show is just gonna ignore that, because we dasn't think ill of the show's newest heroine, but, yeah, I see who Joss is, Show.

And, seriously, she wants Cameron to assure her right then that they're still friends? She really is her mother's daughter.

Taken as pieces, there was some good, soapy stuff in this ep, good character/relationship moments, stuff that moved storylines forward even if only a bit. And I love when we have scenes that mix up the usual scene partners or put a large group together to make it feel more like a community. More of that, Show. But I really wish they would've spent more time on Britt dying, extended those beats. I mean we didn't even see her arriving at the hospital, seeing people like her good friend Spencer reacting, the police being informed, etc. I guess we'll have more of that tomorrow, but it would've been better in the immediacy of the moment.

Now that Britt has officially been murdered, I wonder if either of our new Super Couple will come forward as witnesses. I mean, you surely can't rely on police who don't even take pictures of an assault weapon on the dock before picking it up to solve the case. Perhaps Joss can channel her helplessness into being the next Sherlock Holmes as well as a doctor.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

I'm a day behind as usual.

Heather is apparently pretty spry for an old lady.  How is she getting in and out of custody to commit murders and almost murders?

Why wouldn't the cops take Britt to the hospital to get checked out?  They know the hook is poisoned and they know she said her dress got torn.  Also, Joss and Dex suck for not making sure she was OK. 

And what time is it?  I thought Britt snuck out when they were counting down to midnight.  I would think that is when the fireworks would begin or end.  Carly and Drew showed up after that.  Joss was on her way.  I know Joss told her bodyguard where she was going, but why wouldn't he accompany her before taking off.  Especially since she had to go to the docks to get there and that is where 90% of crime happens in PC.  Anyway, Kelly's is still open.  Fireworks still going on. People showing up to a party.  Spenser calls liz with news that could probably wait until morning.

• Like 3

At this point to really macimize messy soapy goodness, have Cam and Esne have an illicit affair together. 

I know Laura is used to Nik, f--king up, but I dont think she was ever ready to hear her boy slept with her grandson's girlfriend and impregnanted her lol. While Dante is thinking, Sam's Cassadine relatives are really a typhoon of WTF every day.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 6
25 minutes ago, Cheetara1986 said:

At this point to really macimize messy soapy goodness, have Cam and Esne have an illicit affair together. 

I know Laura is used to Nik, f--king up, but I dont think she was ever ready to hear her boy slept with her grandson's girlfriend and impregnanted her lol. While Dante is thinking, Sam's Cassadine relatives are really a typhoon of WTF every day.

I want Cam and Esme to get together if only to see Joss’s head explode and listen to her whine about how could Cam betray her like that? 

Things are actually happening on the show, it’s amazing. Can’t wait for the fallout. Poor Spencer is finally getting a sibling and it’s his crazy ex girlfriend’s kid. Should be fun. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Wait, wasn't their first time when Esme taped them and released the video?

Yes, that was last February and they never did it again until about a month ago.  So technically they've done it twice, but he said today that when they had sex the second time, he thought all their problems were over and they were back on track.  Which clearly is not what Joss was thinking.  

• LOL 1

Cam is free!!

I'm all for the eventual Cam/Esme hook up, with Joss fuming and convinced Esme is faking her amnesia. 

( I'm guessing the amnesia is currently real, but she gets her memories back but doesn't tell anyone because they all hate the real Esme and want her in jail)

And to @Fellaway's point... Joss expecting Cam to still provide her with emotional support WHILE she is dumping him is maybe the most Carly thing she's ever done. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

There was no logical reason for Ava to lay into Nicolas  today(she already knew about the sex and doesn't know yet that Nicolas has been keeping the secret, not to mention a hostage). But....I get it, and it made for a great reveal for everyone else.

I'm bummed about Brit, but we were all braced for it.

Looks from the previews that we'll get more of a sense of how Heather's been hooking, so to speak.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

There was no logical reason for Ava to lay into Nicolas  today(she already knew about the sex and doesn't know yet that Nicolas has been keeping the secret, not to mention a hostage). But....I get it, and it made for a great reveal for everyone else.

I'm bummed about Brit, but we were all braced for it.

Looks from the previews that we'll get more of a sense of how Heather's been hooking, so to speak.

Ava didn't know that Esme was pregnant with Nik's child. Since no one admitted that Elizabeth's pregnancy was fake, she now has reason to believe that he impregnated two women within weeks of each other while still married to her. Ava is far from perfect, but I understand her reaction - especially after the way Nik told her that Elizabeth can give him something she can't (the baby.)

Nik is looking a bit like a Nick Cannon wannabe.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
32 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Ava didn't know that Esme was pregnant with Nik's child. Since no one admitted that Elizabeth's pregnancy was fake,

Ava's a smart cookie.  I give her til Friday to figure out that Liz/Nik lied about being together and she'll know Liz fake pregnancy was a cover for Esme's real one.  what will be interesting is when she'll figure out what Nik's been doing with Esme this whole time.  

• Like 10
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Well, not to defend Joss, but I had a problem with Cam's "hey we had sex, I thought we were all good' defence.  I know he's a dude and doesn't see things but they had sex once, at least a month ago because it was when Liz went to find her parents and they had the house to themselves. 

Joss has been going around town telling Carly and Trina how she's so not into Cameron any more, trying to rekindle it by going to bed with him, and going to Dex's apartment but the one person she didn't tell was Cameron. As far as he knew, he and Joss were good.

3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

what will be interesting is when she'll figure out what Nik's been doing with Esme this whole time.  

Also that Nik is still protecting her about Esme falling over the parapet in their fight. That's got to produce some conflict if she's at all fair.

• Like 7
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As far as he knew, he and Joss were good.

But she's also been ignoring him.  There was one episode,  where he wanted to talk to her and she kept blowing him off, twice in the same episode. I'm trying to remember when or why.   And today he said something about her being busy with her volleyball, which made me think she's been making up excuses to stay away and he's been accepting it.  

Yesterday when she showed up at Kelly's to break up with him on NY Eve, was the first time where she's sought him out in forever.  

• Like 1

Goodbye Port Charles' Rose!

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Not enough to balance out Britt's death, a choice that I don't get at all. But it's a soap, so there's always a chance that she will come back from this. I think they mostly closed the door for a recast. 

As much as I dislike Britt (Fuck Britt!), her parents are literally a mad scientist and a terrorist. This show has resurrected Stavros Cassadine at least 3-5 times, partly at the hands of her mother's research. If they ever want to bring her back they have a very easy out. That's not even getting to how, given their close ties with the Cassadines, Britt's parents were most likely involved with the abduction and recovery of Traffic Accident Jake.

Edited by jsbt
  • Useful 1

I’m really enjoying how much I hate Joss after today. Girl stayed true to form, only thinking about herself, not telling Cam the whole truth because she doesn’t want to lose her halo. I hope being with Dex gets her what years of being with Sonny got Carly - shot in the head, cheated on, barware flung at her.

But with WL still recurring I doubt we will get much more out of Cam. If anything Spencer is going to be fighting his battles against Joss and Dex. 

• Like 8

I am amending my theory that the Hook is Violet and Aiden in a trench coat to add they are serial killing under Heather's direction. That is why Cam has never been in danger - Violet and Aiden adore him and Heather appreciates his BLTs. 

• LOL 4
25 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

And today he said something about her being busy with her volleyball, which made me think she's been making up excuses to stay away and he's been accepting it.

Cam said that he was busy with soccer and she was busy with volleyball, however he was just in denial about something being off. He had to know to something was nor right as they barely seen one another, communicated or made plans to be with each other. Their closeness and itimacy between themhad changed. Joss kept wanting it to come back and Cam didn't want to admit that they were not working anymore.

I always felt that Cam loved/wanted Joss more than she did him.

As Joss started talking, you could see his eyes go in alarm before she started her breakup speech.

At the end of the day, it was best that the relationship ended and there is a lot of hurt feelings right now.

What Cam needs is space and something to distract him. A project even.

I suggest helping young pregnant ladies who have are currently suffering from amenesia.

Speaking of Esme. I don't think that she is faking right now. She didn't call Spencer or Trina by name when she saw them and this actually works best if she did have no memories.

No memories and she cannot implicate Nik or Liz. For now.

She will have no clue that Ryan is her father.

I think once the PCPD realizea that she was with Spencer and Trina while Britta was fending off the Hook, Laura and Kevin (her uncle) are going to take Esme in. Because while Esme was wanted for questioning for her possibly releasing the sex video, framing Trina and drugging Oz, there was no warrant for her arrest. So I don't think there is going to be sufficient evidence to charge her.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

As Joss started talking, you could see his eyes go in alarm before she started her breakup speech.

Any conversation that begins with "We need to talk" is bound to be unpleasant for the other person.

• Like 9
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I suggest helping young pregnant ladies who have are currently suffering from amenesia.

So are you saying Cam should become Camina inthe rehabilitation of Esme character. It could work.

37 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Britt (Fuck Britt!), her parents are literally a mad scientist and a terrorist. This show has resurrected Stavros Cassadine at least 3-5 times, partly at the hands of her mother's research. If they ever want to bring her back they have a very easy out. That's not even getting to how, given their close ties with the Cassadines, Britt's parents were most likely involved with the abduction and recovery of Traffic Accident Jake

I was thinking (while swimming) that maybe Britt won't be dead dead from the toxin but in a deep coma, so she will be laid out on a slab somewhere until Jason reappears from the rubble to reawaken her with a kiss. Awwwwww!

1 hour ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Ava didn't know that Esme was pregnant with Nik's child

And if Nik hasn't seen Esme lately how would he know he is the father. That is how Ava will figure it out,

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

That was a great soapy episode!  I loved the various reactions when Nik admitted he's the father of Esme's baby.  GF dialing it  up to 11, as I fully expect of Laura!  And, yes, tick tick on how quickly Ava figures out Elizabeth was just covering for Nik and was never pregnant, nor did she sleep with him.  The fallout from this has the potential to be delicious.  Don't let me down, show.

Still so sad about Britt.  She DNR'd herself rather than face a HD death, and you could say she went out on her terms, but Heather the Hook pushed her along.  Still not convinced she's the one and true Hook, but maybe tomorrow will shed more light on that.

Cameron, I know you're hurting now, but you really are all the better from that shrew dumping you.  May she go on to have a long and miserable romantic history, just like her mother.

• Like 11

Britt. ☹️ She did this in her terms. She could have gone the hospital, she delayed and didn't want to be saved. 

Liesel blaming herself was so sad. 

If this was DAYS all the hook victims will be on an island somewhere. Lol but this seems final for the character seeing her dead. 

Cam thought things were fine? He had to know  their relationship was rocky. He can't be that bland to not have seen this coming. They barely  interact, see each other, she has been different long before Dex but since the video was released.  I think that ended them right there. 

Esme is faking.  It is a trick and angle. 

Ava was awesome turning when she heard Niks voice and confronting him in front of everyone. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

That reveal was good and soapy!  I loved it!  

Now that Esme has amnesia (which I think is real right now), I think they are headed towards her and Cam.  Which I will also really enjoy.

• Like 8

I've been watching on and off lately after a very long hiatus and have been pleasantly surprised!  It's been great seeing Laura, Kevin, Robert, Anna, Mac and Felicia, and I'm loving all the Cassadine stories with Spencer, Trina, Ava, Esme, Nik, Elizabeth, Victor, etc.  Today was the best I'd seen this show in a very long time.  Laura's face at the reveal of Nik being the father of Esme's baby was pure gold.

Also, I'm shocked to no longer hate Sonny as much as I used to. Of course I still despise the character and always will, but getting him away from Carly, putting him with Nina, and not having him on so much has helped.  Jason being dead helps, too.

The Nina/Liesl/Scott/Maxie/Sasha group is interesting, though I'm sad that Britt has been killed off.  I liked her friendship with Brad a lot.

Alley Mills is a fantastic recast.

The person who came up with the name Drewfus is brilliant. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

The person who came up with the name Drewfus is brilliant.

It really is. He gives off nothing but grinning, gullible idiot in every scene. Little kids have more depth

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Drewfus is my second favorite nickname with the first being the one for the Sonny/Emily pairing - Soily. 

Over a decade later and Soily still makes me laugh. I am literally cackling right now. 

I hope Esme's amnesia is real because there should be some physical consequences to jumping off a parapet even if the writers/set designers can't agree if it's 20 feet or five fee above ground level especially if this is the second time a person takes the fast route down. 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, Desperado said:

Joss showing up to break Cam’s heart still reaking of after sex with the guy waiting for her outside? Vomit.

And smelling of liquor. You'd think that she'd have a little more sense than to go directly to Cam to break up right after having sex with Dex - and have Dex waiting for her outside! Small silver lining for Cam is that this is not the kind of woman that he needs. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

We the audience have barely seen Cameron and Joss interact while we've had tons of Joss/Dex but that does't mean that they didn't see each other offscreen or that Joss was abrupt with him when they were together. Cameron being blindsided rings true to me in terms of people who I've known who were suddenly dumped.  The dumper talked it over with her or his frineds, and it came as a shock to the person who was being dumped. Part of being in a relationship is trusting the other person and Joss and Cameron had been friends for years it probably never occurred to him that she would dump him without telling him her concerns or giving them a chance to work things out.

2 hours ago, Blackie said:

I was thinking (while swimming) that maybe Britt won't be dead dead from the toxin but in a deep coma, so she will be laid out on a slab somewhere until Jason reappears from the rubble to reawaken her with a kiss. Awwwwww!

Sign me up! I loves me a good Sleeping Beauty/Snow White plot. Although I really rather it were Austin in the Prince role.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Ava's a smart cookie.  I give her til Friday to figure out that Liz/Nik lied about being together and she'll know Liz fake pregnancy was a cover for Esme's real one.  what will be interesting is when she'll figure out what Nik's been doing with Esme this whole time.  

I thought that she connected the dots when she told Elizabeth to stop standing up for him. 

Regardless, Nikolas being at the hospital and already knowing that Esme is pregnant and his knowledge that he is the father will raise questions about him being in contact with Esme. The best thing he could have done for himself was stay away.

8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

GF dialing it  up to 11, as I fully expect of Laura!

Laura looked like someone punched her in the stomach. She looked like the wind was knocked out of her.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Sign me up! I loves me a good Sleeping Beauty/Snow White plot. Although I really rather it were Austin in the Prince role.

So would I but the writers probably only think Jasus has the power to resurrect  himself and breathe life into Britt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Regardless, Nikolas being at the hospital and already knowing that Esme is pregnant and his knowledge that he is the father will raise questions about him being in contact with Esme. The best thing he could have done for himself was stay away.

Nikolas could say he was only at the hospital because he was with Elizabeth when she got the phone call. He could play dumb and say he found out Esme was pregnant like everyone else when she was brought into the hospital and assumes he’s the father because to his knowledge he and Spencer were the only guys that Esme was sleeping with and she and Spencer were no longer together when they had their ONS. Of course Ava will figure out Nik is lying because of the Elizabeth lie but the rest could keep Nikolas out of trouble for now with the cops.

Edited by Gemini2989
  • Like 4
13 hours ago, Semiglued said:

I want Cam and Esme to get together if only to see Joss’s head explode and listen to her whine about how could Cam betray her like that? 

Things are actually happening on the show, it’s amazing. Can’t wait for the fallout. Poor Spencer is finally getting a sibling and it’s his crazy ex girlfriend’s kid. Should be fun. 

Yeah, I guess, but Cam deserves way better than a psycho nutcase.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

If they try to pair Cam/Esme then baby “ace” needs to die. Esme shouldn’t be saddled with a kid this young and Cameron has already been playing surrogate father to his younger brothers, he doesn’t need to do the same with Esme’s baby. He should be out doing fun things that 20 year olds do.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
13 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Ava didn't know that Esme was pregnant with Nik's child.

I...was trying to say that very thing? LOL.  The point being that people on soaps always get mad at their cheating partner when they find out that a pregnancy resulted from an encounter they already knew about.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Was that ornament made of stone?  Because my ornaments break if they fall of the tree onto the tree skirt!

As I was undecorating my Christmas tree while listening to TFGH (with a glance or two when Britta and Liesal were talking) for the first time ever I dropped a beautiful ornament my Mother made for me out of a sand dollar a few years before she passed. The Mother/Daughter scene hit me hard.

F**k you writers, we have to lose Brit while that cheating mini-Carly not only gets to live but she actually has the gall to break up with Cam while she probably smells like, you know, the sex. 

Damn I hate this show. If it wasn't for the gloriously wonderful snark you all serve up on a daily basis I'd be long gone. Thank you all for the great insight and bringing me laughter when I want to scream at my screen. 💞

• Like 5
  • Hugs 8
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

cheating mini-Carly not only gets to live but she actually has the gall to break up with Cam while she probably smells like, you know, the sex. 

She didn't even give Cam a second thought post-coitus (as opposed to Sonny always being on her mind--gross) until he texted.  Then it was all "oh, noes, I've got to go break up with him right this second."  I wish Cam had turned around and seen Dex out there waiting for her to get the full picture.   

• Like 7
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

We the audience have barely seen Cameron and Joss interact while we've had tons of Joss/Dex but that does't mean that they didn't see each other offscreen or that Joss was abrupt with him when they were together. Cameron being blindsided rings true to me in terms of people who I've known who were suddenly dumped.  The dumper talked it over with her or his frineds, and it came as a shock to the person who was being dumped. Part of being in a relationship is trusting the other person and Joss and Cameron had been friends for years it probably never occurred to him that she would dump him without telling him her concerns or giving them a chance to work things out.

It's a very realistic thing to happen, but it was awful hard to watch, especially since Cameron is such a lovely, sweet young man.  And if it's true that they were very distant this whole time, it shows Joss wasn't there for Cameron when he was so worried about his mother.  And of course she was dishonest with him, and told him nothing about her cheating or her now being with Dex.  Bridget Jones Diary (the novel) has a great take on cheaters who break up with their partner but don't tell them they've met someone new: 

“Why, when people are leaving their partners because they're having an affair with someone else, do they think it will seem better to pretend there is no one else involved? Do they think it will be less hurtful for their partners to think they just walked out because they couldn't stand them any more and then had the good fortune to meet some tall Omar Sharif-figure with a gentleman's handbag two weeks afterwards while the ex-partner is spending his evenings bursting into tears at the sight of the toothbrush mug?"

What a great episode yesterday was though! I didn't watch when Britt was first introduced, but I've really enjoyed the character and KT's portrayal. And I felt so bad for  her mother. People keep mentioning this was the second child she lost. Who was the first? 

• Like 8
  • Love 2