Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Britt and Brad are not exactly George Michael/Aretha Franklin but they still beat Chase/Blaze. I'm gonna have to be selfish and hope Britt comes back sooner than later. 

Britt was surprisingly good. KT has a nice voice, and I would have complained much less if she had been placed in the record label storyline instead of Chase. (She probably would have had a much more interesting relationship with Brook Lynn, too.)

I wish Kelly well and hope she has enough success that she doesn’t have to return, but… I still want her to.

Can someone, anyone, please tell MB how to pronounce “Alzheimer’s”? It’s embarrassing.

I do think they were revising the whole Nik/ Esme/ Elizabeth story on the fly. Maybe MC only found out about it a few weeks ago, but that doesn’t mean things weren’t in the works beforehand. They just dropped the whole Liz-is-pregnant aspect too quickly for anything else to make sense.

5 hours ago, Desperado said:

It’s funny, people here can remember 10-30yr old GH stories in minute details, but I don’t see this as much with currently storylines - much more forgettable. Or it could just be me. 🙃

Maybe it’s the Alltimer’s.

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
14 minutes ago, Gemini2989 said:

in the preview so is Britt

Well crap, that sucks.  We dont' get previews here so I didn't see that.  I was hoping Britt leaving the party was the end of her but if they kill her off because she's trying to save Joss' worthless ass, I wll be super pissed.  

• Like 9
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Well crap, that sucks.  We dont' get previews here so I didn't see that.  I was hoping Britt leaving the party was the end of her but if they kill her off because she's trying to save Joss' worthless ass, I wll be super pissed.  

I definitely think Britt will take a hook for stupid Josslyn. The montage was too much! I saw it as a huge anvil that she’s dying unfortunately. 

• Sad 7

Britt's birthday/going away party was about KT leaving the show, not about Britt. Those photos, from KT's childhood to the snaps with co-stars, there were a handful of them from scenes from the show, but everything else seemed to come from either KT or her co-stars. It was a good send off for the character, then I saw that she was in the preview for Tuesday and her ass better not leave the show in a body bag. 

Esme taking a dive off the parapet was completely unexpected, yet completely in character. I thought she was going to come down. Girlfriend has zero conscience and is hedging her bets that she and her baby will survive, I get why she did what she did. 

The show sucks for foisting Joss on Dante and Sam. At least it was before midnight. Imagine having to start the new year with Joss chirping about Sonny the whole time.

Too much to hope that the Hook will get her. Too much to hope that the Hook won't get her. This is a no win situation. No matter what happens, we will never hear the end of it.

Huzzah! Michael and Willow are engaged. Could not give a rat's ass about it. Both can die. I'll even watch the eulogy if I never have to hear about them or see them on my screen again.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Good lord...Britt is going to not only take the hook for Mini Snarly, but Mini Cujo is going to call out for Jabot 2.0 to not only rescue her but make this whole situation about herself and how life is too short or some stupid crap.

Edited by Cheetara1986
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
22 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I definitely think Britt will take a hook for stupid Josslyn.

Liesl: "My beautiful Britta--always so willing to sacrifice.  But to lose her life for such a pointless reason, that I do not accept."

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Britt's birthday/going away party was about KT leaving the show, not about Britt. Those photos, from KT's childhood to the snaps with co-stars, there were a handful of them from scenes from the show, but everything else seemed to come from either KT or her co-stars. It was a good send off for the character, then I saw that she was in the preview for Tuesday and her ass better not leave the show in a body bag. 

Looks like she was well liked by her peers on the show, and that’s lovely.

I agree with everything you all said, from teasing us mercilessly with an Austin pairing, to the worry that she’ll get hooked.

If so, it would be great to see Victor take her away to save her and leave a return possible. I think KT will be too popular to come back, but seeing Liesl lose her beloved daughter permanently would break my heart.

I’m not even considering the Joss angle because… NO. JUST NO.

Also, why is the hooker aiming to kill Trina, then abandoning the idea for no reason and moving to Josslyn?

I totally blame Nik for Esme throwing herself off the parapet. She really thought he would kill her after the birth and Liz (uncharacteristically) wouldn’t move a finger to help her. Ryan and Heather finding out would be a good permanent exit for the character.

Lastly, I really enjoyed the energy GF brought to her scenes today. Laura went all out to convince dufus he should stop being scared of Victor and got a sad sack response in return.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I totally blame Nik for Esme throwing herself off the parapet

I had to laugh at the sound of splashing water, like she landed in a pool when in fact she likely landed on rocky shoreline since it's doubtful that the castle edges right up to the water.  Also, jumping backwards like that, unless she's a cat, she would realistically break her back, landing on it that way.  Lets see if she even gets a scratch.  

• Like 3
  • Wink 2
8 hours ago, racked said:

Previous Trina was spunky and almost bitchy (in a good way) sometimes. That’s been gone with the new actress but the writers haven’t figured out what her personality is quite yet.

you've nailed it!

ETA; didn't see today and forgot to set PVR but I am hoping that when Esme jumped that the baby dies. Just to move that story along (I don't really enjoy babies dying). Maybe they will then have to send Esme for a pysch evaluation......and who will she find there????

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • Like 4
22 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I had to laugh at the sound of splashing water, like she landed in a pool when in fact she likely landed on rocky shoreline since it's doubtful that the castle edges right up to the water.  Also, jumping backwards like that, unless she's a cat, she would realistically break her back, landing on it that way.  Lets see if she even gets a scratch.  

Out of all the times, someone has been pushhed off/jumped off the parafet, only one time did it end in a fatality (Katherine Bell) and even then it was only the second try that she died (first time she survived).

Esme probably thought her odds would be pretty good and this time, she has some idea what is below as this is her second trip down the parafet.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Looks like she was well liked by her peers on the show, and that’s lovely.

I agree with everything you all said, from teasing us mercilessly with an Austin pairing, to the worry that she’ll get hooked.

If so, it would be great to see Victor take her away to save her and leave a return possible. I think KT will be too popular to come back, but seeing Liesl lose her beloved daughter permanently would break my heart.

I’m not even considering the Joss angle because… NO. JUST NO.

Also, why is the hooker aiming to kill Trina, then abandoning the idea for no reason and moving to Josslyn?

I totally blame Nik for Esme throwing herself off the parapet. She really thought he would kill her after the birth and Liz (uncharacteristically) wouldn’t move a finger to help her. Ryan and Heather finding out would be a good permanent exit for the character.

Lastly, I really enjoyed the energy GF brought to her scenes today. Laura went all out to convince dufus he should stop being scared of Victor and got a sad sack response in return.

On the Hooker and Joss...cause the writers have to make every story revolve around  Carly and her mini spawn...also to whoever pointed out about Joss not looking up Cam. He wasnt sniffing her up or making everything about her 24/7, so bye bye Cam.

On the subject of Cam...how is he the hardest working person in Port Charles? This poor boy be working his ass off. Maybe have him work for PCPD and probably would have find the Hook months ago.

I hate the teasing of Austin/Britt. The writers knew what they were doing and knew the fans were prp that team and still wasted time with Austin/Maxie.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Is this the first time that we’ve seen The Hook wearing a mask? Much easier to hide their identity, especially if the writers haven’t decided who it is yet and they are using a stand-in for now

• Like 8
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

WHY are they teasing Britt/Austin so much? To torture me because I can't have it?

I know, right?

I hope KT will return at some point.  And hook up with Austin.  Also, I'd like a pony.

Esme, I think, jumped knowing she had a soft place to land. I'm sure she had a plan of some kind.

Also do we know it's Nik's baby? 1000% sure?  Are we really going to take Esme's word for it?

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Esme, I think, jumped knowing she had a soft place to land

But she's at least 2 stories up if not higher and she's 6 months pregnant.  That's wacky!!

9 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Also do we know it's Nik's baby?

It fits with the timeline.  They slept together on June 1st which is 30 weeks ago and she looks like she has the 6 month baby belly.  Unlike Willow who fluctuates between looking like nothing, sitting around the house, to looking like she swallowed a basketball during her OB appt.  

• LOL 5
3 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But she's at least 2 stories up if not higher and she's 6 months pregnant.  That's wacky!!

We know time, distance, and geography work differently in Port Charles. We can now add gravity to that list.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

"People must be asking about us by now." Trina, no one cared for an entire episode that you weren't at the party.

Britt's cake looked delicious, and for once it wasn't thrown at someone, crushed by someone falling into it, or stabbed.

2 hours ago, Desperado said:

She's such a pro. Too bad Laura's pep talk was all for naught, given her dunce of a son.

LOL at Christmas carols being played in Kelly's on New Year's Eve.

Of course Sonny doesn't give Nina his coat. What a gentleman.

"I'm sorry. I did not mean to go off like that." Oh, Joss, you never miss a chance to slag Sonny. You aren't sorry at all.

The only reason Michael thinks he and Willow are so compatible is because she never contradicts him.

Shouldn't Dmitri have been outside the door? Nik is so stupid. I have to applaud Esmé for jumping off the parapet in front of Nik. Serves him right.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Could care less about Nik and Laura, Liz lying to everyone and vile Michael engaged to equally annoying Willow.  Hook can go after Spencer/Trina and be done please. 

I really hope Britt doesn't die, leave her alive for her to possibly return one day. That montage with lots of behind the scene photos of her with the cast including those who weren't at the party was really sweet but final. I feel like this party is a goodbye Kelly party. It didn't go with Britt's childhood, I loved they included a pic of Nathan. 

Very sweet of Nina to jump to blow candles out. 

Could Esme have a twin? Who'd care to kill all of her enemies?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Blackie said:

ETA; didn't see today and forgot to set PVR but I am hoping that when Esme jumped that the baby dies. Just to move that story along

That would be the perfect solution. No one really needs that particular baby. Or to be honest, most of the babies on the show.

Although I'd rather have Ace survive and Millow's be a tock.

34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The only reason Michael thinks he and Willow are so compatible is because she never contradicts him.

In truth, it is the only type of woman acceptable to him and Carly.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm sorry. I did not mean to go off like that." Oh, Joss, you never miss a chance to slag Sonny. You aren't sorry at all.

Dante and Sam looked like they wanted to hook themselves just to escape her endless bitchfest.  Dear god, she's a drag.  Also, lovely to go to break up with your boyfriend on New Year's Eve.  What's the matter--couldn't wait til his birthday?

Very irritated by, yet again, great Britt/Austin scenes and the missed opportunity there. 

Loved the video montage/sendoff for KT.  The clear bts/personal pics were so much fun. 

45 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Could Esme have a twin?

I was trying to tell if the sharp nose was part of the mask The Hook was wearing or if it was the shape of their actual nose vs. Esme's.  Yeah, I don't know.  Someone mentioned it being Cameron and now I can't stop thinking the show will totally fuck that character over with that. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, lovely to go to break up with your boyfriend on New Year's Eve.  What's the matter--couldn't wait til his birthday?

Since she clearly won't get hooked (alas and alack), she'll probably break up with him on Valentine's Day.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Someone please explain why Joss was going to Britt’s party? They’re not friends. I don’t even remember them being acquaintances. Just because Spencer was invited, doesn’t mean Joss gets to show up.

Other than that, I enjoyed the party scenes especially the photo montage. And I’m royally pissed that the writers didn’t put Britt and Austin together from jump. IKT and RoHo are so pretty together, and so natural. thanks for nothing writers! 🤬

• Like 3
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Someone please explain why Joss was going to Britt’s party? They’re not friends. I don’t even remember them being acquaintances. Just because Spencer was invited, doesn’t mean Joss gets to show up.

I guess because Carly/Jason, she and Britt so close apparently that Carly's in the montage multiple times, yet not at the party. 

• LOL 6
49 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

That was odd but the show must progress the we got to hook someone storyline.

I found it interesting yet odd that this was the first time that Britt has met Trina especially given how special she is to Spencer and that her mom works with Britt at GH and Trina has frequently visited mom there.

I don't know if the Christmas ornanment is going to survive the jump off the parafet, but as I stated earlier there is like a 95% survival rate so Esme and Ace are in the clear.

Speaking of which, has Nikolas forgotten that he had jumped off the parafet to save Ava in the past. Why isn't he trying to do the same to save his kid. The character needs a hard reset because this version of Nikolas since he faked his first death just is ridiculous and not in a fun way.

It was Austin's idea for that lovely video. It is a pity that show didn't have them together from the moment they started sharing scenes. They could have had a lovely relationship where Britt would ultimately leaves as she gives him one last kiss goodbye.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I thought the hook on the boat and the hook on the pier looked like different people. Boat hook looked like a man while pier hook looked like a woman to me. It would make me laugh if Heather and Ryan have been sneaking out of the hospital to kill people - Ryan with a hook for a hand lol.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

KT must have been really beloved on set to warrant such a montage. Good for her. I found it weird that at least 2 photos showed her laughing with Carly, since they were barely on speaking terms, but I guess the show can’t leave out its leading lady, whether it makes sense or not. (I’m actually surprised there wasn’t a picture of Britt/ Sonny hijinks.) Anyway, good for her and please don’t get Hooked.

Speaking of which: Joss deserves to be Hooked for that hairstyle alone. Good god.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, lovely to go to break up with your boyfriend on New Year's Eve.  What's the matter--couldn't wait til his birthday?

That reminds me of, on OLTL, Dani deciding the best time to dump Matthew for Old Man Nate was at his parents' wedding right before he was to give the best man speech.

Sounds like a good Britt day, will have to watch.

• Like 2

I'm going to join the chorus of voices with Austin/Britt. I don't understand either why they they didn't put them together. Britt has been Austin's best relationship on the show in that it never felt forced. They had an easy going chemistry, they were interesting together. 

I'll never understand the show for dragging things that don't work.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Do college kids today really wear ‘70s ‘fashion’? Joss has been looking an awful lot like she’s back in the 1970s with her bell bottom jeans. And that hair in the previews was NOT what id expect from someone her age.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Austin called Mason to get Maxie the boat on Christmas Day so that she could enter Canada illegally to get to Georgie (and then Maxie complained that the boat was sketchy unlike the luxurious Quartermaine plane 😡).

Thank you! I kind of zoned out during the Maxie/Spin stuff so I must have missed that part. LOL 

• Wink 1
15 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Also do we know it's Nik's baby? 1000% sure?  Are we really going to take Esme's word for it?

I swear I remember a scene where Esme and Spencer were having some sort of conversation about having sex the previous night and there was a fake pregnancy scare? Is it my Altheimers? 

Also, when Nick was begging Esme to take his hand after she climbed up on the parapet I thought she was going to grab his hand and he'd be the one who went for a dive. Then again I thought she would've done something in the smoke filled room like knock him over the head or shut him in the room while she ran out the front door. 

Why do I try to apply bad guy logic when it comes to this show?

I'm really going to miss KT.

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year! 💞

• Like 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I swear I remember a scene where Esme and Spencer were having some sort of conversation about having sex the previous night and there was a fake pregnancy scare? Is it my Altheimers? 

They did have a discussion, but Esmé was trying to fake out Spencer. This happened before she slept with Nik. I'm pretty sure the baby is Nik's, as that's where the drama is. (Though we all know how allergic to drama this fakakta show is.)

4 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I hope everyone has a wonderful new year! 💞

Thank you to everyone for making this such a nice board to read and mod! Happy New Year to all!

• Like 1
  • Love 11

I think it was the boat scene where we saw a pan of the Hook and the, uh, "stern" definitely looked womanly to me. So I guess Diane was right, and I suppose Rory wasn't in disguise.... at least, I hope this won't turn out to be "X killed the first three victims and Y killed the others."

For next week,

Spoiler

The episode descriptions say that Dante interviews a victim in the hospital, and an ep or two later that "tragic news spreads." So there's at least one victim. If it's Britt, it will be doubly insulting if they go with "murder was probably preferable to Huntington's." Pretty ableist, IMO -- but I'll try not to get heated before it even happens.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

Esme and Spencer had a pregnancy scare fairly early on. She was late. By the time Esme slept with Nikolas, she and Spencer hadn't been together in months. I think the last they had sex was before he went to Spring Ridge. 

After Esme and Derpy slept together, he told her that he was going to the pharmacy to get her Plan B. She told him she would do it. I remember at the time that the board clocked in on them having unprotected sex, which was gross not to mention irresponsible. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

I’ve already said all I could say about yesterday’s ep, but would like to wish everyone here a fantastic New Year.

Life challenges since the end of 2018 have shrunk my social circle to near non-existant levels so this board means a lot to me.

Here’s to much better for all of us in 2023! 💫

• Hugs 15
  • Love 5

Eh. This should probably go in the unpopular thread, but that montage of Kelly-NOT BRITT-did nothing for me and just pissed me off. Why did she get such a special send off? This show couldn’t ARSE ITSELF to give Stuart Damon a proper montage, even if Alan had been dead for years; nor did they bother doing any justice for Genie and Leslie when they marked their milestones.

And considering Britt’s history-she didn’t have a happy or loving childhood. So those happy pictures of KELLY just made me 🙄🙄

Yeah, I’m a meanie.

AND STFU, Mini-SHEBEAST! She reveled in Mooby’s power when her mother was married to him and even threw his name as a threat to others when everyone thought he was dead. And she does know how the mob works, right? The minions do all the dirty work. She’s only now complaining because she’s got the hots for one of Mooby’s goons. I wish she would be the next victim.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4

I agree that the montage was a bit over the top, considering the character's background. But, cynic that I am, I assume someone put it together for her bts going away party and the show just glommed onto it for a bit of filler and a double dose of sentimentality.  (Tis the season...)

If KT ever wants to come back I hope she gets as many do-overs as RoHo and ME. 

• Like 11
  • Love 3

I wasn't listening to Joss so I didn't realize she was going to Britt's party.....after the cake, speeches, tribute etc...  So she is basically party crashing? I guess it is one of those parties that after a certain time anyone can show up. (Back in the day, in the small town where I grew up, that was kind of the rule at wedding dances) Or maybe Bitt only had the haunted star booked for 2 hours of her private party and then it was going to be the regular NYE party????

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity

I’m a total sap, so I loved the montage of KT’s childhood photos and pics with the actors. Even though none of it matches with Britt’s actual childhood - like I doubt Britt had a chance to play soccer - but as a send off for KT, I liked it. I also loved the drag queen host and shirtless waiters. GH needs more epic parties like that. 

Britt has become one of my favorite characters. I hope she doesn’t get hooked, but after reading other posts, I think you all are right that it’s coming. TPTB are laying it on pretty thick. They did the same for Brando. I just hope that they wrap up the Hook storyline pretty quickly.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Esme's jumping into water... In upstate NY... In winter... Can she and her baby survive for more than a minute? 

I mean, it's way colder than the waters off the coast of Bolivia! 

I still say the Hook is Esme's nanny, and what ever happened to Sam tracking her down? 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

After Esme and Derpy slept together, he told her that he was going to the pharmacy to get her Plan B. She told him she would do it. I remember at the time that the board clocked in on them having unprotected sex, which was gross not to mention irresponsible. 

And the dummy just believed her. It’s amazing he doesn’t have hundreds of children scattered across the globe. 

5 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I still say the Hook is Esme's nanny, and what ever happened to Sam tracking her down? 

I think this is right but it’s going to be a bit anticlimactic because it’ll be a new character. Unless it’s somehow the ADA that went after Trina so hard. Of course Hook isn’t actually trying to kill Trina so who knows. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Semiglued said:

Unless it’s somehow the ADA that went after Trina so hard.

Maybe it's Victor's deputy mayor minion gone rogue, trying to impress him with her gumption. I just want this story wrapped up. The stop-start pacing hasn't done it any favors. Speaking of pacing, what happened? For a while there things plugged along reasonably, and now they're back to the usual terribleness.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Semiglued said:

Of course Hook isn’t actually trying to kill Trina so who knows. 

That's the thing. Why attempt to kill Trina's supporters and never attempt to hook Trina herself? It makes absolutely no sense. I mean, a lot that goes on doesn't make a lot of sense, but if you are going to target someone's friends and supporters, why wouldn't you also target the person themself? Or her mother or stepfather-to-be?

• Like 6
  • Love 1