Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

This whole thing with Trina and Rory going away together is starting to sound like a bad idea with a bunch alarms going off all at once. 

Absolutely.  Especially when she told Ava something like, 'well at least I'll be with a cop....'  

I'm pretty sure Esme killed Oz, but I'm starting to think she wasn't behind the others, I think that was Rory in drag since Diane said it was a woman that she thought she recognized but couldn't remember.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I'm open to having some surprising person be the Hook Killer, but I'm at a loss as to why Rory would go around killing people. Esme, on the other hand, has some history of being sneaky and suspicious along with being the daughter of a notorious killer.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

why Rory would go around killing people

1-  He's too nice of a guy, which isn't allowed on this show

2-Sprina is end game so something has to break up Trina and Rory

3- His gig on Chicago PD is longer than a few episodes so they need to write him out

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
21 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I'm open to having some surprising person be the Hook Killer, but I'm at a loss as to why Rory would go around killing people. 

There's no reason for him to be doing this, especially since he likes Trina and the people targeted were her mentor, her BFF and her lawyer.

But the show will make up something. They always do.

• Sad 2

The only reason I can think of for Rory to be the killer is if he is totally obsessed with Trina and wanted Ava and Joss out of her life so Trina would turn to him more, and maybe he killed Oz cuz he knew Portia was involved in waking him up so that would be to protect Trina's mom. But why Diane? Still, the way Trina was saying she just feels something horrible will happen if she goes away for the weekend, it kind of portends Rory going cray cray on her.

So, Anna and Valentine's big plan was to get totally suspicious "it would cheer me up to hear about your sinister plan" Lucy to coax Victor into spilling the beans? So stupid. Just bug the damn room and tap his phone calls. Sheesh!   

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

The only reason I can think of for Rory to be the killer is if he is totally obsessed with Trina and wanted Ava and Joss out of her life so Trina would turn to him more,

That's the only reason I can think of, that he became obsessed by her after her arrest and wants to exclude people who she could turn to other than he himself. Kind of Ryan-like.

1 hour ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Either you just answered your own question or that was an amazing play on words.

Juvenile lead is a theatre term: "JUVENILE LEAD. The most significant role in a play or film that is performed by a young actor / actress"

But "juvenile" does describe Michael (and Willow) very well. Pretty soon Wylie is going to be more mature than they are. Aiden and Jake already are.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

Here's a crazy thought I just came up with in the shower.  Maybe it's the ADA. She seemed way too inveested in a case that the victims weren't even interested in prosecuting which we all thought odd, but it was mostly put down to bad writing.  But, maybe she's Esme's mother.  i can't remember if she's the right age for that.  Or, maybe she was just one of Ryan's lovers who he didn't kill.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I'm open to having some surprising person be the Hook Killer, but I'm at a loss as to why Rory would go around killing people. Esme, on the other hand, has some history of being sneaky and suspicious along with being the daughter of a notorious killer.

I think the in-show reason could be he and Esme were secretly related all along and he’s doing it for her. That would mean his getting close to Trina was also part of that, and it wouldn’t add up at all, but it’s not like GH strives for any kind of sense. 

Im ok with Rory being the killer or getting killed. He’s a big yawn. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

As a Canadian I dont' understand American government so I'm curious if Deputy Mayor is a higher position than District Attorney?  Did she have the right to dress down Robert?  because I really wanted Robert to shut down stupid Eileen, (or punch her in the throat, either would have worked)

In the rest of the United States, the District Attorney would be a superior to the Deputy Mayor if DA is an elected position.  If the mayor appointed the DA, then the power balance might shift, although the DA would probably still have more clout.  But Port Charles exists in Bizarro World where, among other things, the writers never paid attention in their high school government classes. 

Edited by rur
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

This is pure speculation but are they doing something with Willow and Esme’s pregnancies being on a similar timeline? I know Willow isn’t showing yet but the conception dates have to be around the same time and I don’t think either pregnancy is due to the show writing in a DL pregnancy so there must be some SL purpose surrounding it. What I could see is Willow losing the baby and having a complete mental breakdown and stealing Esme’s kid, ala Nina with Avery. However, that would involve something bad happening to Michael and that hardly happens anymore so maybe not.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/6/2022 at 11:33 AM, DanaK said:

Next preemption after tomorrow for sports will be for the next (and probably final) January 6 Committee hearing, which will be next Thursday October 13 starting at 1pm ET

Must be the season finale!

Esme's hearty stock.  Others have had miscarriages from a tumble down a flight of stairs, but this boss falls off a parapet, flounders in the water and remains pregnant.  Pretty impression.

My loathing of Michael grows with every word out of his mouth.  Now he thinks he's some mastermind and he's got Sonny "right where I want him."  STFU, you absolute moron.  Also, Nina?  Remember that stink eye Michael gave you for simply walking into YOUR hotel when he's demanding you give up your bone marrow for Willow.  Remember what a piece of shit he's been to you and make him beg.  A lot.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, racked said:

I think the in-show reason could be he and Esme were secretly related all along and he’s doing it for her. That would mean his getting close to Trina was also part of that, and it wouldn’t add up at all, but it’s not like GH strives for any kind of sense. 

Im ok with Rory being the killer or getting killed. He’s a big yawn. 

I like this. Didn't they say that Esme had an adopted  brother when she and Spencer first showed up? 

If that ends up being the case, then thumbs up for the writers actually planting clues and  following through.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Esme's hearty stock.  Others have had miscarriages from a tumble down a flight of stairs, but this boss falls off a parapet, flounders in the water and remains pregnant.

I'm hoping it's just a pillow.  Months of this story line coming up.  🙄

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
7 hours ago, ciarra said:

'm hoping it's just a pillow. 

Nik's a complete moron but I would have to believe that he would want proof that it's not a pillow, like say, lifting up her shirt to see her actual stomach.  At least, that's what i would do.  

10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

This is pure speculation but are they doing something with Willow and Esme’s pregnancies being on a similar timeline?

Esme and NIk had sex June 1st, which puts her at 19 weeks in real life.  Willow found out she was pregnant on June 29, so if she was only 4 weeks at that point, they are due at the same time.  If she was closer to 8 weeks, which I think would make  more sense in terms of test accuracy, than she's a month ahead of Esme.  Im guessing Willow will lose her baby because of the cancer.   I mean, I'm looking forward to Michael being all wooby sad, isn't everyone else?  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, Nina?  Remember that stink eye Michael gave you for simply walking into YOUR hotel when he's demanding you give up your bone marrow for Willow.  Remember what a piece of shit he's been to you and make him beg.  A lot.

He won't have to beg if they tell Nina Willow is her daughter. Which is why this thing will suck. Nina will volunteer her bone marrow, her heart, whatever Willow needs, she'll give her no questions asked, which is why I'm hoping that Nina will be far away and unreachable when the moment comes. Then Michael can go and cry in his pillow while he sucks on his binky. Maybe he'll get angry at Carly but he never gets angry with her no matter what she does.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Esme and NIk had sex June 1st, which puts her at 19 weeks in real life.  Willow found out she was pregnant on June 29, so if she was only 4 weeks at that point, they are due at the same time. 

If she's 19 weeks wouldn't that put Willow well into her second trimester?  She can stop waiting and start her treatment?  And shouldn't she be showing?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I don't think the writers keep track of the dates. And time clearly travels faster for Esme than it does for Willow. They're going to stretch her first trimester into oblivion so that her cancer can fester, get worse, and we can all go, "poor self-sacrificing Willow, see how much she suffers."

The writers have no clue what this fandom is like.

I do agree with @ffwbe, though. We haven't had a pregnancy since Sasha gave birth to Liam and now we have two wimminfolk pregnant at the same time. It has to be storyline-related, but I'm not into anyone stealing anyone's baby. I don't think I can get through another storyline where Michael's baby gets stolen, or a woman (Willow) having a nervous breakdown latching on to a child that isn't hers.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, Katy M said:

If she's 19 weeks wouldn't that put Willow well into her second trimester?

Yes.

She can stop waiting and start her treatment

Yes

And shouldn't she be showing?

And yes.

Willow has the Slow Developing Port Charles Pregnancy (see: Jones, Maxie/Bailey and Davis, Alexis/Molly) where pregnancy last anywhere from 10 to 13 months.  Willow's is causing her to have the Slowly Developing First Trimester Syndrome which lasts anywhere from 11 to 78 weeks.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think the writers keep track of the dates. And time clearly travels faster for Esme than it does for Willow.

There has been so many pre-emptions who knows what their original time line was. But that can only account for so much, the writing is totally out of whack. Too many stories started and put on hold so that Carly can be in a hotel room with Drew.

• Like 2

But aren't we all just on the edge of our seats for the will they/won't they that is CarDrew? [/sarcasm]

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I do agree with @ffwbe, though. We haven't had a pregnancy since Sasha gave birth to Liam and now we have two wimminfolk pregnant at the same time. It has to be storyline-related, but I'm not into anyone stealing anyone's baby. I don't think I can get through another storyline where Michael's baby gets stolen, or a woman (Willow) having a nervous breakdown latching on to a child that isn't hers.

While I don't want another stolen baby storyline, I would love to see Michael lose a baby that he thought was his and losing a relationship with it as he did to Lucas.

• Love 7

Didn't Laura Wright used to have much better sexual chem with people?  I see none with her and Cam's Drew.  And the chem between her and Mo gave off big "let's cumbersomely climb the stairs to the marital bed" energy.  It had reached a point of being gross, to me anyway.  I remember she had fantastic chem with Roger's Todd.  That's the last chem I remember with her and anyone.  I wasn't watching during the time she was with Jax so I don't know.  But the carly drew scenes have actually gotten painful to watch.  

Edit; to be fair, Cam has zero chem with anyone I have seen.  When he was first on, unshaved, I felt it between him and Brit.  Then he turned into Mr. Rogers and forget it.  nothing. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 2

Michael to Dex: "Dante thinks you lied to protect Sonny."  No Michael, what I saw was Dante thinking that you lied because of your vendetta against Sonny.

On please, Michael, you don't hate this. The vengeance is giving you life, just like your mother's stupid plan vengeance is giving her life in Jacksonville.

How stupid is Dex that he takes Michael's side as if Michael has never done anything wrong? He's been a mercenary, he must know that what the gummi bear mobster does isn't as bad as those guys.

Sonny is really looking like the good guy in this feud with Michael.

Joss to Cameron: "I still feel as close to you as ever."  Talk about getting ready to friend-zone. #SaveCam.

"People get divorced all the time. Michael is a grown man, he needs to get over it...He's choosing to wallow in his own hurt, obsess over it instead of gettin' on with his own life."  Sing it, Ava.

"That concludes New Business. Now on to the Beach Parkway project."  I've been to enough meetings to to know that New Business comes at the end of the meeting, just before ending it, not at the beginning.

Drew looking so proud of Carly speaking to the committee makes me want to 🤮.

"Sandy Shores Cemetery is a vital part of Jacksonville" IT'S A CEMETERY, NOT A PARK! Let me get this straight -- Carly wants to stop people being able to access the beach in order to be able to keep a bunch of dead bodies close to it?  And I'm supposed to be on her side?

Am I supposed to believe that Victor uses the landline in his new hotel room rather than his cell phone just so that Lucy can listen in on the bedroom set?

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"People get divorced all the time. Michael is a grown man, he needs to get over it...He's choosing to wallow in his own hurt, obsess over it instead of gettin' on with his own life."

This needs to be cross-stitched on a pillow and given to Michael as a Christmas present.

34 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

"Sandy Shores Cemetery is a vital part of Jacksonville"

What a stupid fucking opening statement.   This legit is reminding me of the time a new housing development in my town was being opposed by this dude who DIDN'T EVEN LIVE HERE because "it should be a park."  Mind you, there was a park literally two blocks away, but he wouldn't stop going on and fucking on about it.  Every day when I pass those new houses now, I smile knowing he and his lame-ass, carpet-bagger self lost.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Hey Joss, guess who put all those people in the marshes . . . you have three guesses, but you only need one.

And Michael, guess who kept Sonny in power for decades? The other mob families weren't scared of Sonny. They were scared of Jason, the guy Carly's two grown ass children were so excited to have a stepfather.

Locking Esme up may have been the smartest thing Nikolas did. Also, that baby bump looks bigger than it was yesterday.

Ava about Michael. Speak that truth, Ava. And louder for the people in the back, please.

Joss, just give into temptation already so that we can all move on from you running to Dex every other hour to boss him around. At least that will free up Cam for someone who is not a lying self-centered jerk. #FreeCam #CamDeservesBetter #JossSucks #AndMichaelToo

I don't remember what else happened.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

I should be having a rage blackout over Esmé's pregnancy, but I just can't. Of course the show takes the most boring route possible. Nik will instantly fold and zzzz. I don't care.

Ugh, Drewfus looking smug while Carly was talking was so gross. And of course he thought she was amazing. Also, Carly Corinthos: working man's champion? I don't think so.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Joss to Cameron: "I still feel as close to you as ever."

Yep.  When the first sentence after he reminds her that they haven't had sex since the first time is "  We've been friends forever", you just know that the thought process there is, 'and we will remain that and only that'.  Poor Cam.  

Carly wants to stop people being able to access the beach in order to be able to keep a bunch of dead bodies close to it?  And I'm supposed to be on her side?

The other part of this is that they had already closed down the cemetary and started moving half the bodies.  But now, because of Carly's supposed plea, there going to stop it?  And what?  Move the bodies back and reopen that other side?   Makes zero sense.  

Am I supposed to believe that Victor uses the landline in his new hotel room

Right.  Because Eileen, instead of calling him on his cell as she's done all the other times she's called him, would go to the trouble of calling through to the hotel switchboard, to find out which room he is now in, since he was moved and call him there.  

33 minutes ago, ciarra said:

The show is too invested in Michael being a winner.

Is it though?  Because he's looking like a douch canoe in this fight with Sonny and they're making Sonny come across as the put upon victim that's only trying to keep his son in his life.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
49 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Is it though?  Because he's looking like a douch canoe in this fight with Sonny and they're making Sonny come across as the put upon victim that's only trying to keep his son in his life.  

I suspect that some event (Willow's leukemia troubles, most likely) causes Michael to realize he does need Sonny in his life,  so Michael will magnanimously let Sonny back in, making Michael a hero.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
30 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Is it though?  Because he's looking like a douch canoe in this fight

Michael vs. Morgan for Kiki.  (Didn't they sleep together after the Kiki/Morgan wedding?)

Michael vs. Chase for Willow.

Michael vs. Sonny for custody of Avery. 

Michael pushing Ned out of ELQ, eventually getting turfed himself, then landing a cushy job at Aurora.

• Love 2

I don't care about Michael, he Carly and Joss will always win, but a twist that I would like to see is that Sonny, having been prompted by Ava, takes Dex under his wing and Dex sees that Sonny is not the horrible villain Michael makes him out to be.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

Didn't Laura Wright used to have much better sexual chem with people?  I see none with her and Cam's Drew

IMO no. Her best pairing was with Jax and they never exactly blew me away. I read an interview of hers from years ago regarding this that gave me pause. She said something along the lines of having chemistry with a costar is part of the job and if she was told to have chemistry with that lamp over there, she would. She seemed to view chemistry as something everyone has if they worked hard enough, which I definitely don’t agree with. What I’ve frequently seen since is that she tries too hard and gets OTT

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But aren't we all just on the edge of our seats for the will they/won't they that is CarDrew? [/sarcasm]

While I don't want another stolen baby storyline, I would love to see Michael lose a baby that he thought was his and losing a relationship with it as he did to Lucas.

It’s a big assumption to assume everyone hates the Carly/Drew pairing.

Michael didn’t do anything to Lucas. That was the patron saint of throat slashers, Nelle, and his hubby Brad. 

5 hours ago, CeChase said:

Didn't Laura Wright used to have much better sexual chem with people?  I see none with her and Cam's Drew.  And the chem between her and Mo gave off big "let's cumbersomely climb the stairs to the marital bed" energy.  It had reached a point of being gross, to me anyway.  I remember she had fantastic chem with Roger's Todd.  That's the last chem I remember with her and anyone.  I wasn't watching during the time she was with Jax so I don't know.  But the carly drew scenes have actually gotten painful to watch.  

Edit; to be fair, Cam has zero chem with anyone I have seen.  When he was first on, unshaved, I felt it between him and Brit.  Then he turned into Mr. Rogers and forget it.  nothing. 

I think Cam has great chemistry with most of his scene partners, especially his fellow Quartermaine’s and friends.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I suspect that some event (Willow's leukemia troubles, most likely) causes Michael to realize he does need Sonny in his life,  so Michael will magnanimously let Sonny back in, making Michael a hero.

Given that it is SONNY who rarely loses, I’m guessing Sonny will magnanimously forgive Michael when they discover Willow’s cancer. Sonny will probably be the one to discover Carly’s lie and Michael will just switch to hating Carly instead of Sonny.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I don't care about Michael, he Carly and Joss will always win, but a twist that I would like to see is that Sonny, having been prompted by Ava, takes Dex under his wing and Dex sees that Sonny is not the horrible villain Michael makes him out to be.

Sonny ISN’T a villain? Seriously. I get that Sonny has been marginally better since coming back from NF but he’s still a lifelong mobster and serial murderer (I don’t care if Jason was the one who physically committed the murders. It was under Sonny’s orders.) The show might expect me to believe Sonny clutching his pearls all aghast because the torturer he hired was going too far with Sonny’s sanctioned torture, but I wasn’t buying it. I think Dex was starting to drink the kool-aid about Sonny but being kidnapped and tortured by Sonny makes it a little harder. Michael didn’t make Sonny kidnap Dex that was Sonny’s brainchild. The only thing I don’t like about Joss and Michael’s hatred of Sonny is eventually they’ll “see the light” and be singing his praises again because Sonny is not going to lose or be portrayed as the villain he is.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

LOL that Carly, Social Justice Warrior, thought the "guild" (why isn't this the Mayor and City Council?) would be voting right then and there, presumably hailing her the conquering hero for all the skeletons she saved from being relocated.  Also, LOL at her praising how there's "nothing better than a beach" when what she's fighting against is people having easier access to...a beach.  Shut up, Carly.

Another LOL for Nikolas going all "Flowers in the Attic" with Esme.  Don't fall for it if he brings you powdered donuts, girl!  And, yes, her bump grew since yesterday's episode.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Yep.  When the first sentence after he reminds her that they haven't had sex since the first time is "  We've been friends forever", you just know that the thought process there is, 'and we will remain that and only that'.  Poor Cam.  

Joss and Cam are great friends, but Joss has outgrown him. And that's not a dig on Cam but it's not uncommon for young couples to split up. Lots of girls go through that 'bad boy' phase...and nothing makes a girl want a guy more than being told to stay away from him. And vice verse. But the sparring that's happening between Joss and Dex comes off as foreplay. Eventually something or someone has to give or give in. 😉

Not thrilled that Esme is back. Good actress but a little Esme goes a long way. 

• Like 1

Sonny, having been prompted by Ava, takes Dex under his wing and Dex sees that Sonny is not the horrible villain

When did Sonny stop being a horrible villain? He's a mob boss who has had quite a number of people murdered, beaten etc. I realize he's allegedly changed since the prolonged trip to NF but come on! I notice he hasn't given up the mob life despite this alleged change. Honestly I don't care about Michael but I sure care even less about Sonny.

I'm not into the Sonny/Nina pairing but if it keeps him away from Carly then that's fine. I don't think Drew/Carly has much more chemistry than Sonny/Nina but whatever - if it keeps Carly away from Sonny so be it. Though I cannot figure out what Nina or Drew sees in either of those monsters!

• Love 2

I like that Nik locked Esme up.  I think that makes me a bit twisted.

I hope it comes up that Esme's alibi for the Hookening is that she's locked in the attic for at least one of the attacks, but nobody believes her.  Nik would absolutely let her go to jail for something she didn't do in order to get her out of the way.  Bonus, he could use it to get custody of the maybe existant child.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

When did Sonny stop being a horrible villain? He's a mob boss who has had quite a number of people murdered, beaten etc.

Those people he had murdered and beaten are usually rival mobsters, so I don't think that necessarily makes Sonny some kind of evil monster.  He's a criminal, yes, but that doesn't automatically make him horrible in my view.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Another LOL for Nikolas going all "Flowers in the Attic" with Esme.  Don't fall for it if he brings you powdered donuts, girl!  And, yes, her bump grew since yesterday's episode.  

😂 that was my first thought, that we might have a ‘flowers in the attic’ pregnancy where she’s locked up there the whole time.  I was pleasantly surprised that Nik had the mind to think of that and the guts to carry it out, instead of standing around, pouting and drinking.

Is this a new actress playing the deputy mayor?  I didn’t know who she was supposed to be this weeK when she showed up.

• Love 1

I think eventually Dex and Joss will get together because William Livingston is recurring so he won’t be on all the time.  I don’t hate the pairing but let’s see what happens.

I don’t know if Finola Hughes grew out her hair or if it’s extensions but I don’t like it.  For me it’s too thin to be that long (believe me I know).  If it’s extensions they should add a few more.

11 hours ago, zengirl1215 said:

Joss and Cam are great friends, but Joss has outgrown him.

Its fine if she's outgrown him, but if she has, she needs to own up to that and let him go rather than string him along while she pants after another guy.  It's pretty clear that the writers are going for Joss/Dex, so I really wish that it's not Cam who does something wrong and gets dumped but that it's organic and they both realize they're done.  

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Its fine if she's outgrown him, but if she has, she needs to own up to that and let him go rather than string him along while she pants after another guy.  It's pretty clear that the writers are going for Joss/Dex, so I really wish that it's not Cam who does something wrong and gets dumped but that it's organic and they both realize they're done.  

I think she does not realize it yet.   She thinks she is on her anti-Sonny mission and now has a savior complex, due to two different incidents where she "saved" someone.  

Giving me Emily vibes, where she prefers the guy in trouble over the stable, good guy, so she can be involved in a drama and "save" someone.

• Love 4