Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

On 2/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Nothing like a baby switch for the baby hoarders to remind us what a vile bunch they are. STFU, Carly! Not everything is about you, you holier than thou sainted hypocrite. Yes, how dare anyone do this to your family. Have a tall glass of STFU, you self-righteous all-about-me bitch. And you too, Bobbie. That apple did not fall far from the tree.

I felt for Willow. It was a bit of a punch in the gut when she said that there really was no one who knew or loved her son, or something to that effect. This whole time she thought that her son was surrounded with all those people who loved him when in reality, he was dead in a cold grave. That's especially sad.

Julian/Ava scenes were pretty good. I'll take the Jeromes over the Corinthos clan any day of the week, any hour of the day.

Brad is so stupid. Nelle is no one's friend, Brad. She wasn't going to let you keep the baby that ate the screen forever.

That there was no one there who loved him when he died.   I was actually crying!  Great job by the actress.  I really was impressed by her.  

• Love 7
On 2/21/2020 at 9:13 PM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

How is she throwing him under the bus? She gave her child to him and when he died he traded him and then let Willow bond with him for months - including letting her go to jail to protect Wylie. She has every right to hate him and blame him.

But at this point if she knew Michael wasn't his father wouldn't that be the first thing she blurted out to keep Michael away from him instead coming up with some lie about Brad stealing her baby?

Felt so bad for Willow, especially at the end when she broke down over her baby being alone surrounded by no one who loved him.

I just wanted adorable Wylie - the way he kept grinning at Lucas - and Lucas to leave the house and for it to then be blown to smithereens.

As much as I hate most of the Corinthii, episodes like today are why I could never root for Nelle. She's such a demented, selfish sociopath who truly cares about no one.

You're describing the Corinthii, yes?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Katy M said:

Although, I'm still annoyed with her calling Brad selfish.  You did the exact same thing (almost).

Doesn't make it untrue, though: Brad has been selfish. Julian, of all people, is the only one who's tried to calm the waters a bit by saying Brad's behavior is reprehensible but somewhat understandable. Carly just shouts that she doesn't care she's being a hypocrite, Sasha is blathering on for no reason, Bobbie stands there like a lox, etc.

It takes real skill to completely botch what's supposed to be a huge reveal. 

8 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Your hometown wouldn't be Stevens Point, by any chance?

Nope. It's a southeastern city on the lake. (Not Milwaukee.)

5 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Maurice seems to be a baby whisperer. He seems to really enjoy interacting with them. 

He's very good with the little ones. It probably helps he's raised four kids of his own so he's not flustered very easily.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But it sounds like Carly just showed up at Lucas' and was like, "Hey, you better hand over that baby, dude."

It all happened at Casa Corinthos, but this is basically what happened. Michael (and Sonny!) went over to Willow's to bring Wiley back to his rightful home. (Gag.)

• Love 2
On 2/22/2020 at 1:13 AM, statsgirl said:

It's true that Nelle is selfish and probably a sociopath but I don't find her so different from Carly. If nothing else, Carly and Sonny both showed this week that for them, children are not much more than possessions.

On 2/22/2020 at 9:13 AM, perkie1968 said:

I don't know, maybe it's because I love Chloe so much but i'm here for the Nelle show.  I mean, girlfriend is a wackadoo, but she's entertaining and I'd rather watch her natter nonsense than any of the CarJaSamSon group do anything.  

23 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

So Nelle is really no different from Carly and Sonny. The Corinthii deserve Nelle just like they deserve Ava. I hope that they never get rid of Nelle and never get to keep Wiley fully. 

Oh, no question Nelle is no different than Carly (and the rest of that horrible clan.) She's just like Carly was when she first came on which is just another in a string of reasons why Carly is such a hypocrite acting like there is some difference to how she was and Nelle is. I hated Carly then (and still do) so my feelings for Nelle are the same. I've never liked her and, unlike Ava/Maura West, I just don't find CL that great or entertaining to watch. Ava does a lot of stupid, selfish, horrible things but at least there are moments (especially when she gets caught) where there is genuine remorse. Nelle exhibits none of that. She's someone who would stab her own mother in the back (yes, just like Carly) as long as she could get something out of it. She's somehow an entitled princess and psycho at the same time. She'll do these horrible, heinous things and when she gets caught tries to convince you she didn't do what you saw with your own eyes and when that doesn't work acts like a victim and how dare you get mad at her for trying to kill you. I, generally, can't root for characters like that. I can somewhat enjoy the pain she causes the Corinthii because they more than deserve it but I can't root for Nelle over characters like Willow or the Qs or even Brad.

4 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

You're describing the Corinthii, yes?

As selfish sociopaths? Absolutely. But just because they are doesn't mean Nelle isn't as well.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Oh, no question Nelle is no different than Carly (and the rest of that horrible clan.) She's just like Carly was when she first came on which is just another in a string of reasons why Carly is such a hypocrite acting like there is some difference to how she was and Nelle is. I hated Carly then (and still do) so my feelings for Nelle are the same. I've never liked her and, unlike Ava/Maura West, I just don't find CL that great or entertaining to watch. Ava does a lot of stupid, selfish, horrible things but at least there are moments (especially when she gets caught) where there is genuine remorse. Nelle exhibits none of that. She's someone who would stab her own mother in the back (yes, just like Carly) as long as she could get something out of it. She's somehow an entitled princess and psycho at the same time. She'll do these horrible, heinous things and when she gets caught tries to convince you she didn't do what you saw with your own eyes and when that doesn't work acts like a victim and how dare you get mad at her for trying to kill you. I, generally, can't root for characters like that. I can somewhat enjoy the pain she causes the Corinthii because they more than deserve it but I can't root for Nelle over characters like Willow or the Qs or even Brad.

As selfish sociopaths? Absolutely. But just because they are doesn't mean Nelle isn't as well.

DISCLAIMER:  The following is my opinion, and how I make it through watching each episode  

For me, the different between Carly and Nelle comes from how the actresses portray their characters. LW plays Carly as the second coming, someone who only sees the world in how it impacts HER and manages to make EVERYTHING about her. LW’s ‘acting’ consists of finger pointing, screaming, and wild posturing. It is off putting and painful to watch because she believes she is really good in the role and this is how Carly is to be portrayed. 

On the other hand, I find CL’s portrayal of Nelle a hoot. It doesn’t mean I like Nelle as a character, but I believe CL enjoys the material she’s been given and acts her butt off making the character the villainess she has. Since her release from Pentonville I’ve really enjoyed watching her put the screws to some of the major families of PC.  She’s got cojones that few male actors/characters on this show seem to know of, let alone can locate their own. 

i have also really enjoyed watching MW’s Ava since her time in the mental hospital. She’s not afraid to play vulnerable or scared or feisty or sly and knows how to portray each without making it all about Maura.  She is a joy to watch. 

AGAIN - the above was my opinion. 

• Love 16
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Who is this Monica of whom you speak?

You know, that old lady?  Who has the unspeakable pain of having her family systematically murdered one by one in her eyes?

1 hour ago, Originalroux said:

LW plays Carly as the second coming, someone who only sees the world in how it impacts HER and manages to make EVERYTHING about her. LW’s ‘acting’ consists of finger pointing, screaming, and wild posturing. It is off putting and painful to watch because she believes she is really good in the role and this is how Carly is to be portrayed. 

I think Laura Wright is a good actress who can do great quiet work - I think of that day she played Luke's mom in the flashbacks and how well she did with completely different material - but when Carly gets in that Carly mode, she plays her UNBEARABLY smugly and I fuckin' hate it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wonder how many weeks we'll have to wait until Monica learns that her great-grandchild, AJ'S GRANDCHILD, is alive.

😆😆😆😆. Oh, were you serious?

1 hour ago, Originalroux said:

DISCLAIMER:  The following is my opinion, and how I make it through watching each episode  

For me, the different between Carly and Nelle comes from how the actresses portray their characters. LW plays Carly as the second coming, someone who only sees the world in how it impacts HER and manages to make EVERYTHING about her. LW’s ‘acting’ consists of finger pointing, screaming, and wild posturing. It is off putting and painful to watch because she believes she is really good in the role and this is how Carly is to be portrayed. 

On the other hand, I find CL’s portrayal of Nelle a hoot. It doesn’t mean I like Nelle as a character, but I believe CL enjoys the material she’s been given and acts her butt off making the character the villainess she has. Since her release from Pentonville I’ve really enjoyed watching her put the screws to some of the major families of PC.  She’s got cojones that few male actors/characters on this show seem to know of, let alone can locate their own. 

i have also really enjoyed watching MW’s Ava since her time in the mental hospital. She’s not afraid to play vulnerable or scared or feisty or sly and knows how to portray each without making it all about Maura.  She is a joy to watch. 

AGAIN - the above was my opinion. 

One I fully agree with.

I didn’t want to ruin my pre-birthday weekend with rage ranting, and wanted to enjoy the much needed pampering, so I stayed offline all weekend.

Most have already articulated much more eloquently how rage inducing Friday was. That EVERYONE was so tone deaf. That the SLS is THANKING Mooby when he FUCKING STOLE his ass from AJ. Something he knows full well and disowned him and his Harpy of a mother for a few weeks? Months? AFTER AJ was murdered, right? Baby Wiley is just so adorable with his smiles! Too bad they couldn’t get him to cry when Lucas handed him over to SLS at the end.

And I REALLY hated Bobbie acting as if Julian were EVUHL INCARNATE, considering she kept Lucas from him, knowing he was Lucas’ father. That NO-FUCKING-ONE cared enough to have Julian throw that in her face.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

But Katelyn was definitely MVP.  I especially appreciated the smeared and running mascara on her face.

I know the PCPD has been filled with incompetent BOOBS for years now, but does the show think we’re STOOPID? (Don’t answer that)-it was CLEAR AND OBVIOUS Nelle was the instigator and provoker in the cell. She kept at Brad, over and over again, while LOOKING at that nimrodic maroon ignoranamus of a cop, telling him what Brad had “done”, and that MORON takes Brad away, accusing HIM of provoking Nelle? And I say this as someone who’s not a fan of Brad.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

I like how show made the whole baby reveal about Carly. The whole confrontation scene was between Carly & Brad. WTF? The whole year & a half should been time for Lucas to unleash holy hell but the writers gave all the heavy hitting dialogue to Carly. Kind of disappointing. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Who is this Monica of whom you speak?

You know, that old lady?  Who has the unspeakable pain of having her family systematically murdered one by one in her eyes?

Still not ringing a bell....

when Carly gets in that Carly mode, she plays her UNBEARABLY smugly

That's Carly, though. I think LW does a great job with Carly, even though Carly is often unbearable. It's not LW's fault the writing lets everyone down. Putting Carly where she doesn't belong doesn't do her any favors.

Yeah, that's true, it's Carly's place on the canvas, as a primary heroine that she has no business being, that's really a problem.  But I dunno, I feel like Tamara Braun, for example, could also be a smug, no-leg-to-stand-on bitch in her portrayal of Carly, but it never drove me as bonkers as Laura Wright can.

• Love 4

I could tolerate Carly being the show's leading lady if she weren't so simple and uninteresting. There are literally no depths to her. She's hugely self-centered and doesn't car who gets hurt as long as she has her human possessions.  She's not even particularly intelligent and everything that she has in life is because of who she married.

Wylie would be safest with Willow, Lucas and possibly Brad, people he will now never be with.  And spending working hours at the Quartermaine daycare.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It takes real skill to completely botch what's supposed to be a huge reveal. 

The only possible explanation I can think of for how this reveal was so rushed and fucked up was that the writers got as tired as the rest of us of this horrible dumb story and wrapped it up as quickly as possible, damn the consequences.

Nope. It's a southeastern city on the lake. (Not Milwaukee.)

Stevens Point also has a Water Street which more or less runs alongside the Wisconsin River, which is why I guessed it when you mentioned it.  🙂

• Love 2

I think I was able to tolerate Carly more in the older days when it was obvious that most of the characters, aside from Jason and whatever guy she was with at the time, couldn’t stand her and were willing to call her out. Now, she’s just as smug and self-righteous as ever but it seems like no one can say anything back to her. And I agree with Statsgirl- I could never root for Carly because they’ve never done anything to make her rootable. She’s a terrible person who gets everything she wants and never has to pay for her crimes. The only time she really lost is not having Jason and that isn’t enough.

• Love 9

Can I just say?  Maxie looks great in that last pic - why can’t her stylists be this good every day she’s on?

Willow’s scenes made me tear up.  I admire pretty actors who are not afraid to ugly-cry.  And the line about her child dying without any loved ones around - that really got to me.

No worries, Monica will have plenty of bonding time with her new great-grandson Wiley, when Michael permanently dumps him off in the unofficial daycare she somehow runs while also being Chief of Staff at GH.

Something about Nelle confuses me.  She never really seemed to want to be a parent - Jonah was just her way in to the  Quartermaine family.  So why was she planning to grab the baby and leave town, even before his true parentage was revealed?  Having a kid would make it a bit harder to go on with her social-climbing ways.  I’m glad she didn’t get away, though.  I like CL’s portrayal - while she is hard to root for, she sure is fun to watch.  ‘Bye Willow!’ 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

No worries, Monica will have plenty of bonding time with her new great-grandson Wiley, when Michael permanently dumps him off in the unofficial daycare she somehow runs while also being Chief of Staff at GH.

I have my doubts. If the SHEBEAST even lets SLS let Monica take care of him. She'll scoop him up and dump him in the nursery with Donna (who?) and the many nannies at the Mooby Household.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Something about Nelle confuses me.  She never really seemed to want to be a parent - Jonah was just her way in to the  Quartermaine family.  So why was she planning to grab the baby and leave town, even before his true parentage was revealed?  Having a kid would make it a bit harder to go on with her social-climbing ways. 

For me CL's acting showed that she saw the baby as a possession to keep away from Michael, as punishment for not getting what she wanted/felt entitled to from him. She knew Michael would go to Willow and Chase's apartment to obtain his son the moment she eavesdropped on the truth-telling, so she ran to grab the baby and take off. I assumed that she intended use the baby as an accessory/prop to get what she wanted from people in Argentina. A young woman alone with a baby is generally seen as vulnerable, easily gets sympathy, etc. The first sign of that was when she said to Chase, "What are you going to do, shoot me when I'm holding my baby?" 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I don't think the Nina reveal was even that big, given that it affected so few people. But it was botched, definitely. 

4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

And the line about her child dying without any loved ones around - that really got to me.

That was a really good line. Awesome Writer must have snuck in to write Willow's scenes. She's gotten the best lines so far, which is somewhat fitting, but how about giving Lucas some love like that? Maybe he's supposed to be on autopilot because he's in shock (which is understandable), but he should have more reaction than just agree with what Carly is telling Michael to do.

• Love 6
On 2/21/2020 at 7:05 PM, perkie1968 said:

Great, big, giant, fat kudos to both Katelynn MacMullen and Josh Swickard for today's work.

Chase, knowing he has to tell her the truth that will devastate her and Willow, first with the denial, and then moving across the room (only as far as the IV pole allowed, which made me kind of chuckle).  Then realizing the truth as he's telling it and dropping to the floor.  Then Chase sitting beside her on the floor as she works it over.  Then the absolutely heartbreaking line about thinking her son was loved only to find out that he died alone and then her sobbing into Chase.  Guh, abso-freakin-lootely heartbreaking.  

Love all things Jerome.  MW and WDv are always fantastic together.

1. I take back everything I ever said about Katelynn being a weak actress. She absolutely NAILED her grieving scenes. And Josh was excellent with just his facial acting. The two of them absolutely stole the show. And at no point did either of them have to resort to throwing a glass against the wall to show emotion.

2. I love both Ava and Julian together. I'm so glad that they made them siblings and not lovers because that's means they are less likely to have a falling out.

Ava always looks absolutely flawless. I wish I had half her style.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 12

The actress playing Willow does seem to be good when she gets the material. I liked her in some of the Shiloh stuff as well as when she stood up to Nina. I think I mainly find her dull though because of what they give her and who she is acting with. I am curious to see how they handle her going forward since this show has been incredibly bad with dealing with grieving mothers. Hopefully they give her better material than Kim. I‘m also trying to figure out whether they dumped the love triangle with her, Chase, and Michael now that Sasha seems to be permanent or if they plan to ramp it up again now that he has Wiley and she might be looking to bond with him to get over her child dying. 

Edited by ffwbe

this show has been incredibly bad with dealing with grieving mothers. Hopefully they give her better material than Kim. I‘m also trying to figure out whether they dumped the love triangle with her, Chase, and Michael now that Sasha seems to be permanent or if they plan to ramp it up again now that he has Wiley and she might be looking to bond with him to get over her child dying. 

Yeah-- this has been my suspicion. She bonds with Wiley, learns he's not her kid, but Michael's, Sasha gets busy with Deception, Chase with mob war, and Willow and Michael are 'drawn' to each other. 

I hope it doesnt happen, because Willow and Chase have a really nice couple chemistry (IMO) also, because Chad is a chemistry black hole.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
On 2/23/2020 at 11:05 AM, TeeVee329 said:

I wonder how many weeks we'll have to wait until Monica learns that her great-grandchild, AJ'S GRANDCHILD, is alive.

😆😆😆😆. Oh, were you serious?

I don’t think it will be very long....I mean Wiley will be added to the Quartemaine daycare and promptly forgotten.

Willow broke my heart.  What a fantastic job the actress did.  Almost makes up for what a busybody she’s been lately.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

. I love both Ava and Julian together. I'm so glad that they made them siblings and not lovers because that's means they are less likely to have a falling out.

Agreed, but I think MW has great chemistry will pretty much everyone.  And, man, I covet her hairstyle.  Best hair since Megan Ward.

• Love 6

I doubt that Carly will let Wylie/Jonah anywhere near the Quartermaine daycare. Once CarSon get their hands on a child, he is theirs forever.

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I‘m also trying to figure out whether they dumped the love triangle with her, Chase, and Michael now that Sasha seems to be permanent or if they plan to ramp it up again now that he has Wiley and she might be looking to bond with him to get over her child dying. 

I hope that they dropped the idea for a Willow/Michael pairing when they realized that Willow/Chase is so good that Michael is going to look like even more of a droopy dog trying to compete with that.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

The actress playing Willow does seem to be good when she gets the material. I liked her in some of the Shiloh stuff as well as when she stood up to Nina. I think I mainly find her dull though because of what they give her and who she is acting with. 

Willow is starting to look like the anti-Lulu.  ER is good with the light, inconsequential stuff, but can’t handle the heavy dramatic scenes. Katelynn, on the other hand, seems to have difficulty adding substance to the lighter scenes, but hits the dramatic stuff out of the park.

22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hope that they dropped the idea for a Willow/Michael pairing when they realized that Willow/Chase is so good that Michael is going to look like even more of a droopy dog trying to compete with that.

Michael will drain all the life out of that character. Figuratively for sure, and most likely literally, as well.

• Love 5

Sucks that Neil is off the clock, so to speak.  Willow, Lucas and probably Michael are going to need tons of therapy after all of this.  I firmly believe that having a dead child returned to you messes with your head.  (I'm not saying it contributed to Liz being a bit nuts over Drew, but... she didn't get appropriate help dealing with that situation when Jake was dead, let alone alive again.)

• Love 4

I think the Willow actress' voice is so delicate it makes everything she says seem that way. And they already portray her as very sugary so it just compounds. They should have her a tad more flawed, like let her talk about how she lost her patience with one of the students or something. Nothing drastic just small stuff here and there.

• Love 3

I swear I heard Jason say "Mom" in that 4-Quartermaines-on-the-couch scene.  Did SBu slip or did the writers make a scripting error in the dialogue about a family pic w/Wiley? I ask because Jason has always called her Monica since the accident.  Anyone here with good ears, or who uses closed captioning, please chime in. 

Jason basically being a stand-in for AJ/considered a true Q in that scene with Monica is gross, but about what I would expect from this show. I also hated Michael's line that this (being with Wiley in the Q mansion) feels like right, like it always should have been this way makes me want to smack him. I get that it wasn't a purposeful dis of Lucas, but it absolutely comes off as all the time Wiley has spent being the son of Lucas (and Brad) doesn't count.

Willow's monologue at her baby's grave continued to break my heart.  But Becky Herbst did a beautiful job with her lines and embrace at the grave. Elizabeth's tears for Willow's pain got me. I doubt it was intentional, but Elizabeth being the last person to hold Willow's deceased son (while on duty as a nurse) and now holding Willow to comfort her is a beautiful parallel. 

The Brad-Julian scenes made me go of course. I had roughly the same reaction to Franco asking Ava are you hitting on me. Ummm, I think it's more like she's plotting to set up Nikolas to hit on/make a pass at Elizabeth.

Also, of course it's Carly not Michael visiting and threatening Nelle in jail in the preview.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Best hair since Megan Ward.

Totally agree!

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Katelynn, on the other hand, seems to have difficulty adding substance to the lighter scenes, but hits the dramatic stuff out of the park.

I disagree she can’t handle the light stuff. Willow and Chase have had some fun conversations. I can’t remember the specific chat, but at the end, Willow gave an adorable body wriggle.

• Love 3

Oh, look, All-about-me is trying to emasculate her son even more by continuously trying to fight his battles. Those scenes with Sonny were painful to watch, especially when Sonny becomes the voice of reason.

Shocked that Michael was at the Qs with Wylie and that All-about-me did not pitch a fit over it. And here's supah Jason to the rescue with his parenting advice. Why don't you go be a dad to your sons, dumb-dumb?

Willow actress is bringing it and the closing scene with Elizabeth was really well done.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I swear I heard Jason say "Mom" in that 4-Quartermaines-on-the-couch scene.  Did SBu slip or did the writers make a scripting error in the dialogue about a family pic w/Wiley? I ask because Jason has always called her Monica since the accident.  Anyone here with good ears, or who uses closed captioning, please chime in. 

Definitely called her mom. Made me miss Drew who had no issue calling her mom and was a good son.

• Love 12

I know I shouldn't dwell on the Carly stuff for my own sanity, but like, is her full time job stomping around her house in an ugly dress, bitching about anything and everything? Today was one of those rare occasions where I feel sorry for Sonny, trying and failing to put a check on Carly's controlling nature because she's incapable of leaving well enough alone. Even when she's "won," we STILL have to see her attempt to micromanage Lucas, Michael, and Nelle to bend to her will. Take a day off, lady, ffs. Maybe check in on baby Donna, who actually needs the attention you're giving everyone else?

Ava and Nik should just fast forward through the game they're playing on each other and Do It already. They're hot and they should be hot together, if only we make it through the "I hate you" foreplay.

Even though I love Chase, I'm glad it was Liz who found Willow at her baby's grave. As a mother, Liz can understand the depths of Willow's grief more fully than Chase, and her holding Willow through her tears was a quietly beautiful moment.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Linny said:

I know I shouldn't dwell on the Carly stuff for my own sanity, but like, is her full time job stomping around her house in an ugly dress, bitching about anything and everything? 

Yes, She has her partner, Olivia, for management of the Metrocourt and Avery's nanny for care of baby Donna.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

1. I take back everything I ever said about Katelynn being a weak actress. She absolutely NAILED her grieving scenes. And Josh was excellent with just his facial acting. The two of them absolutely stole the show. And at no point did either of them have to resort to throwing a glass against the wall to show emotion.

2. I love both Ava and Julian together. I'm so glad that they made them siblings and not lovers because that's means they are less likely to have a falling out.

Ava always looks absolutely flawless. I wish I had half her style.

Point 1. - No shame in thinking both actors came in weak, because they did.  Soaps no longer cast on talent, but simply on looks. “Willow” stepped up in the Shiloh scenes, and “Chase” is slowly getting there as well. I like their relationship more and more. 

• Love 7

So I hear that Monica did get to meet her great-grandchild today?  That's something I might crack and go watch, though I'm sure I'll be annoyed that, I presume, there is no mention of AJ.

But I also hear that Lucas "wants to be alone", a.k.a. the show hastily got Lucas off-screen instead of exploring his grief like they're showily doing with Willow.  

And I also hear Carly insisted, in actual dialogue, that the whole baby switch was about her, over Sonny's actually reasonable objections?  I mean, that's so classic Carly, you could carve it in stone, but OMG SHUT UP!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Holy freeholies, Becky and Katelyn made me cry.  I was already on the edge while Willow was talking to the grave, and how she gave him up for a better life and how he died alone.  then Liz showing up to offer her condolences and to tell Willow she's not alone and then the hug.  Guh.  That's how soaps are supposed to be.

I'm still loving whatever cat and mouse game Nik and Ava are doing because both actors seem to be enjoying themselves.

Then I have to sit through the "Nelle needs to be dealt with" anvils from Michael, Jason, Sonny and Carly.  Let me guess Nelle shows up dead and we'll never know whodunit.  

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So I hear that Monica did get to meet her great-grandchild today? 

Yep.  She came home and was all excited that Wylie was there for a visit then Michael explained, so she was all 'yeah more Quartermains'.  Jason showed up so she took a photo of the three of them (3 generations) the Jason helped her take a selfie of the four of them (4 generations).  The word "AJ" never came out of anyone's mouth.  

• Love 2

And why would it, he's just the guy who was lied to about his child by a scheming snake with blonde hair, what possible parallels could there be! #HAAAAAAAAATE

ETA...also, is it true that Willow has been saying things like the baby dying was Brad's fault, that the baby wouldn't have died with her, etc.?  Sure, be apocalyptic about the switch, but SIDS is nobody's fault and a soap SET IN A HOSPITAL should make sure that's clear.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So I hear that Monica did get to meet her great-grandchild today?  That's something I might crack and go watch, though I'm sure I'll be annoyed that, I presume, there is no mention of AJ.

I actually really liked the Monica-Michael-Wiley scene(s) until Jason showed up. It was nice to hear Michael call her Grandma, nice to see her speak directly to Wiley/see the three of them behave like this is a normal family scene. She is clearly thrilled to have a great  grandchild, and I was surprised to see him smile and seem to consider the possibility that maybe Wiley's last name could be Quartermaine when she said "another Quartermaine." If Michael is so concerned about being enough for Wiley, he should invite Lucas to move into the Q mansion. I assume the Brucas home is just a space of pain now. 

I also felt bad for Monica about being so thrilled to have Jason, Michael and Wiley there. They are all she has left of her family, esp. life with Alan other than Jason's sons (whom we rarely to never see with her) and Drew's daughter (also rarely to never seen with her). 

Brad's behavior today is why I can never empathize or sympathize with him. He feels bad about getting caught and that Lucas no longer has Wiley, but has not given a thought as to how he betrayed Willow's trust and lied to her for so long, nor thought about the baby in that grave because Wiley was the "second chance/replacement."  Brad didn't seem to understand he was not replacing a defective appliance! Children are not interchangeable/replaceable. Brad being so focused on Julian hiring a lawyer who would ensure he beats the charges, and wanting to get Lucas back. show he doesn't deserve to be a husband or a father.

I actually liked it that Carly got a text from Bobbie saying Lucas wants to be alone. Seriously, why would he want to see Carly of all people right after giving up his son? Hearing a tirade from her about how awful Nelle and Brad are is not going to comfort him in the least. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

For me CL's acting showed that she saw the baby as a possession to keep away from Michael, as punishment for not getting what she wanted/felt entitled to from him.

I agree.  I also believe that Michael saw the baby the same way, a possession to keep away from Nelle.  Then when Jonah "died", Michael wallowed in grief for a child he showed no sign of wanting before he was born.

I wonder if he got the Jonah's silver spoon back from Donna? 😄

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

nor thought about the baby in that grave because Wiley was the "second chance/replacement."  Brad didn't seem to understand he was not replacing a defective appliance! Children are not interchangeable/replaceable.

Not showing Brad's grief, but making it all about his guilt, was really a disservice to this story from the start.  Or they could have leaned more into how it was a long, complicated process for Brad and Lucas to adopt and that this SIDS death might make it all the more impossible for another baby to be placed with them, that would have made him leaping at this seemingly last chance to have a child with Lucas make more sense.  But the show didn't care about that.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

ETA...also, is it true that Willow has been saying things like the baby dying was Brad's fault, that the baby wouldn't have died with her, etc.?  Sure, be apocalyptic about the switch, but SIDS is nobody's fault and a soap SET IN A HOSPITAL should make sure that's clear.

No, she didn't say that.  She wondered, to the baby's grave, what would've happened if she kept him, but she didn't make it seem like he would've miraculously lived had she.  When she was telling Elizabeth what happened to her baby, she didn't seem to blame Brad at all.  She was just really sad. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm still loving whatever cat and mouse game Nik and Ava are doing because both actors seem to be enjoying themselves.

I don't want it to go on too long. I'm already finding it kind of tedious. Neither of them are getting in nearly enough cheap shots.

It cracks me up how everyone (i.e., Carly and Sonny) are acting like Michael missed years and years of Wiley. He saw him all the time! I know it's not the same as raising a kid, but Lucas and Brad were really generous giving Michael time with Wiley.

And I know that Sonny is all about vengeance and that nonsense, but really, what is the point? Brad is in jail, Lucas is shattered, Wiley is back with Michael. Take the win and leave the rest alone, Sonny. UGH.

Poor Monica, having to slobber for crumbs yet again. And wouldn't the three and four generations of Quartermaines be that much sweeter if Michael's father were still alive?

Wiley giggling was adorable, especially considering Michael was talking about him being scarred for life by this dumb story.

The Elizabeth/Willow scene was really good.

Ugh, do we really have to watch Olivia threaten Dustin? 

• Love 5

Will Sasha be happy in her new position as 'stepmom'? That's more of a commitment than co-babysitter. Her being on the brink of big business I think not. Throughout the big reveal she had a look of panic and horror. Maybe it was a response to the non-stop shrieking or the actress's interpretation of empathy but I think it was sudden awareness of new, unwanted responsibilities. (Yeah, my mind was drifting, wonder why).

Baby Wylie is the cutest, happiest little guy. He gets passed  around like a bag of chips and he's all good all the time. He's a joy to watch.

I agree with all who've complimented Katelynn. Out of everyone involved in the Wylie SL, she brought the reaction that was real, that was heartrenching, that made me feel pain. Otherwise it would've been a waste of 18 months of story.

I'm very glad Trina is getting a family at last and I sincerely hope they are stable. I'm very curious to meet her mother.

Maura West is an absolute treasure. In the past few days she's been in scenes with Nikolas, Franco, and Julian and in each one she's  brought something unique and interesting. I hope she's getting a bucket full of money because she's worth it.

It's nice to appreciate the good sometimes because there is so much awful on the stories right now. For example, who is worse GH's Carly or Y&R's Phyllis? Victor Newman or Sonny Corinthos? Days' Ben or GH's Jason? Days' Ciara or GH's Sam?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, paisley said:

Will Sasha be happy in her new position as 'stepmom'? That's more of a commitment than co-babysitter. Her being on the brink of big business I think not. Throughout the big reveal she had a look of panic and horror. Maybe it was a response to the non-stop shrieking or the actress's interpretation of empathy but I think it was sudden awareness of new, unwanted responsibilities. (Yeah, my mind was drifting, wonder why).

I'm still assuming they're going to go for some kind of triangle or quad with Sasha, Michael, Willow, and Chase.  Michael will allow Willow to keep interacting with Wiley, Sasha and/or Chase get jealous over their bond, etc.  Maybe, as you said, this sudden baby throwing off Sasha's plans for her life would be an angle of it (as long as they don't try and punish Sasha for not being, "Yay, I'm a sudden stepmom!").

Edited by TeeVee329