Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Unfortunately, that's actually pretty realistic.

I'm sure, but Molly and TJ don't strike me as the sort of couple who would leave this sort of talk up in the air. 

I'm getting the feeling that all this is going to culminate into something happening to TJ as vengeance against Jordan. Either it will be bye bye TJ or Molly will have such a massive scare that she will reconsider her answer and marry him in the end, which to me would be worst.

• Love 2

And still, no one has done a DNA test. If only there were a hospital  close by.

Considering that Molly is now a bridesmaid for the fourth time, it's not realistic that TJ and Molly have never talked about marriage, only weddings.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm sure, but Molly and TJ don't strike me as the sort of couple who would leave this sort of talk up in the air. 

I'm getting the feeling that all this is going to culminate into something happening to TJ as vengeance against Jordan. Either it will be bye bye TJ or Molly will have such a massive scare that she will reconsider her answer and marry him in the end, which to me would be worst.

I have rarely even seen Molly and TJ. Why would I even care if they get married, live together, have children or move away to CA? They’re not people we’ve even become invested in the last few years or the last 10 years. They’re a really cute couple that we hope have a happy, successful life. Somewhere.

• Love 3

There are four character tiers on General Hospital. Supreme, Significant, Supporting, and Seldom.  

Molly and TJ are level 4. Lucas has been a 3 during all the baby-switch shenanigans, but he's headed for 4 now that the truth is out.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

And still, no one has done a DNA test. If only there were a hospital  close by.

They don't have to--he looks "just like Michael," per Carly and that's Port Charles-approved 'good enough proof." 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They don't have to--he looks "just like Michael," per Carly and that's Port Charles-approved 'good enough proof." 🙄

I'm telling you, a DNA test performed at GH is no more accurate than using a Magic 8 Ball.  I wouldn't bother with one either.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Michael is a crappy, crappy dad. He acknowledges that Wiley’s life has been turned completely upside down, but believes “as a parent” that Wiley needs to “cry it out”. 

Um, no. His life has been turned upside down so he needs love and comfort and reassurance.

Michael does not deserve to be Wiley’s father.

I’d talk about the shooting, but there’s too much lousy stuff going on in the world right now I just don’t want to think about it. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

There are four character tiers on General Hospital. Supreme, Significant, Supporting, and Seldom.  

Molly and TJ are level 4. Lucas has been a 3 during all the baby-switch shenanigans, but he's headed for 4 now that the truth is out.

Hahaha!!  My sister and I have often said the same thing. There are tiers of characters on GH, and IMO, Lucas is on the bottom tier. Brad is on the bottom too. Even during this baby switch story where you would think they would have been featured more often - they were still rarely shown. They never moved from the bottom tier despite presumably being a large part of the arc. I'm not surprised no focus is going to Lucas because he is a character who clearly doesn't matter. Any other soap would have shown him confronting his husband by now, but not crappy GH. We have to hear more from Weeping Willow and Mousey Michael! Glad I skipped that mess! 

I do find it a tad unbelievable that Tolly never discussed marriage. They seem like the types who would have had that conversation by now. I like this story though because it's grounded in reality, and I want to see if they work through this. On a sidenote - did anyone else find the editing of that scene strange? They arrive for dinner, sit down, and Molly immediately starts in on her marriage rant. TJ goes up to stop the waitress from delivering the ring with their dessert, and when TJ turns around, she's delivering the cake! Umm.....did they eat dinner? LOL! They could have cut the scene after they arrived and then gone back to them eating dinner and showing Molly complaining about marriage. It was just weird to hear TJ say the ring was coming with dessert when they never ate dinner?!?! Haha! 

I really like Cam and Trina! Hope they decide to pair those two. 

Also loved how Franco was supportive of Liz and how he wanted to do whatever she wanted. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Taggert can't be dead, because having secondary character Trina wallow in grief for a dead dad would trump Carly Junior's grief over her dead boyfriend.  

It's Trina. She'll grieve, but she'll bounce back. Plus she's not a brat or selfish like All-about-me Jr.

Trina: My dad died.

Jr.: Well Oscar died, so check your grief.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Nice job running out of there without Trina, Constanza Webber. (I was watching on a laptop, so the situation might have been more complicated than that, but it sure looks like Cam just... left her there.)

Just what was he supposed to do? Once he was freed, Curtis told him to run and get out. Mind you, there was still shooting going on and Trina was still being held by a thug. Was he supposed to go back, he a kid, into the shooting and risk getting killed? I think he was hoping and thought Trina was right behind him. And when he got out, there was another shooter there, who was about to kill him when Jaysus showed up.

I’m not going to blame Cam or even side-eye him for this. Once Trina was able to get away, he was able to talk sense into her about staying where they were.

But I will, and did 😒😒 at Jordan, when instead of asking Elizabeth everything that happened with her Son and Trina, she lays into Elizabeth about WHAT EXACTLY Taggert said and did. And left without trying to assure Elizabeth that she would do her best to find the kids. And yeah, sure Jordan. Call your detective to pull up any info on Cyrus’ men instead of a uni. At least Chase would have been helpful at the scene.

GOD. I miss the days when Robert, Anna, Sean, and Mac were Commissioner. Jordon OUTRIGHT SUCKS.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But I will, and did 😒😒 at Jordan, when instead of asking Elizabeth everything that happened with her Son and Trina, she lays into Elizabeth about WHAT EXACTLY Taggert said and did.

I took it as she made a connection between the two things.  And she did ask prior to Elizabeth telling her Taggert was there the kids exact movements.  She also rightly laid into Elizabeth for calling Jason first and not the cops--which Franco also did.  Too bad that of course Jason will be seen as a hero here, thus yet again validating that he's to be called before law enforcement.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She also rightly laid into Elizabeth for calling Jason first and not the cops--which Franco also did. 

If it had been any other police rep. saying that to Elizabeth, I would agree. However, Jordan previously asked Franco privately to take responsibility for murders to lure the serial killer out of hiding and asked him to keep it a secret from Elizabeth and everyone else. She didn't get that cleared first and tell Chase/police colleagues about it, so I call b.s. on her giving a civilian, esp. Elizabeth, crap for not following the police-preferred protocol.   I remember Elizabeth spoke about her boys being traumatized because Franco got arrested, the Webber home got ransacked by police, and kids at school were talking about their stepdad/family as a result of Jordan's secret deal with Franco.

I agree with GHScorpiosRule that Cam did the right thing in the kidnapping escape/rescue situation, and I didn't like how Jordan behaved with Elizabeth.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Michael is a crappy, crappy dad. He acknowledges that Wiley’s life has been turned completely upside down, but believes “as a parent” that Wiley needs to “cry it out”. 

Um, no. His life has been turned upside down so he needs love and comfort and reassurance.

Michael does not deserve to be Wiley’s father.

I’d talk about the shooting, but there’s too much lousy stuff going on in the world right now I just don’t want to think about it. 

I think Michael’s ignorant decision is more a reflection of the age of the writers.  Twenty years ago the recommendation was to let the child cry it out. My cousin got it straight from her pediatrician’s lips. 

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And yeah, sure Jordan. Call your detective to pull up any info on Cyrus’ men instead of a uni. At least Chase would have been helpful at the scene.

That she hadn't done that immediately after the 2nd DEA agent that worked the case against Cyrus turned up dead is what makes her stupid. She suspected that Cyrus was behind the death with the first dead body and hinted as much when Taggert showed up in Port Charles. And then she goes off to visit him in prison where he pretty much tells her that he will destroy everything and everyone that she cares about.

I don't blame Cam for running. That was the smartest thing that he had done in a long time. He is a child. Not a superhero. Not in a law enforcement. Not an emotionless hitman that is beloved by all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Just what was he supposed to do? Once he was freed, Curtis told him to run and get out. Mind you, there was still shooting going on and Trina was still being held by a thug. Was he supposed to go back, he a kid, into the shooting and risk getting killed? I think he was hoping and thought Trina was right behind him. And when he got out, there was another shooter there, who was about to kill him when Jaysus showed up.

I’m not going to blame Cam or even side-eye him for this. Once Trina was able to get away, he was able to talk sense into her about staying where they were.

I wasn't being serious. It was just the staging was unintentionally comic, sort of Seinfeld meets Force Majeure.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AryasMum said:

I think Michael’s ignorant decision is more a reflection of the age of the writers.  Twenty years ago the recommendation was to let the child cry it out. My cousin got it straight from her pediatrician’s lips. 

Besides, we're not talking about an infant and the pros and cons of various methods for encouraging sleeping through the night. If Wylie is having "rought nights," it's because he's traumatized by the loss of his parents. I'd be doing babywearing 24/7 with that little guy.

In other news, I was looking forward to some scenes of Friz downloading their respective conversaions with Nik and Ava, and gossiping about whether they like-like each other. But they didn't get to that, and now they have bigger things to deal with.

• Love 6

Cry it out is still a method debated constantly on the parenting boards but it isn't applicable to Wiley's situation.  This is a kid who has been taken from his home and his fathers and needs to have a reason to trust that somebody is there for him and stable and his world isn't going to keep shifting.   Even if you are a proponent of cry it out (and that's fine) now is not the time.

And Michael making Willow the person who is Wiley's constant makes sense from the writers perspective of getting a love triangle between Michael/Sasha/Willow.  But 1) I'm not here for it.  And 2) Wiley is a kid who was meant to have two dads.  The clearly best option for Wiley is if Wiley still has 2 dads and Lucas is one of them.  But then we'd have to see Lucas.  

I think part of my issue with Molly's anti-marriage tirade (one I've been on before... but not sitting in front of a ring in a restaurant) is her tone.  It is realistic that she's half crying in this situation but it makes it so unpleasant to listen to.

Also, despite being pretty skeptical about marriage, I wouldn't be springing this on my life partner after 8 years.  He'd know.  And if marriage was wildly important to him after that long together and if I was really committed to forever with this person, well it would be a discussion about what I needed and how made sure we both got what we needed if we decided to marry.  It wouldn't be a whine filled rant.  It wouldn't be in a restaurant.  Like even if it started at a restaurant, it wouldn't be at a restaurant.

• Love 3
(edited)

I had a thought the other day. I'm enjoying pretty much everything on the show so much... EXCEPT for Carly being, well, Carly and the stupid Jason/Sam stuff. I mean, the new writing team has even made the mob stuff palatable again, bringing in other characters, using much more of the canvas. It's not great, but hey, this is a soap. And, sure, I don't like that Laura is friends with Sonny, but that's true to the history of her character, alas. At least they are writing it with acknowledgement of the fact that he's a mobster, she doesn't like it, she's friends with him *because* of that history and it *is* a burden. There are shades.

So back to my point. I wonder if the Carly (and related-which, the Wiley reveal became) crap and the Jasam stuff which is so being written as 'God, IDGAF' is because O'Connor/Van Etten honestly don't give a fuck but know that they *have* to write Carly like that. And they *have* to write Jasam like that. They have been given strict instructions that they have to make their "big" fanbases happy, and these are the guidelines to do so. Carly is always right, always has the big moments, best mom ever, etc. Jasam are together, but separated, being targeted, and bringing people down! And DO'C/CVE just do not have any fucks to give when it comes to those characters. Hell, maybe Frank comes up with the arcs, big scenes for them and DO'C/CVE just go along.

In the meantime, they are writing the rest of the show for the non-Carly/Jasam-viewing audience. Basically, in order to be able to give us all of the other much, much better stuff that we've been getting in just about every other story (for the most part), we have to compromise by dealing with Carly being Carly, and Jasam being Jasam.

If that's the case, well, I do think the rest of the show is a LOT better. And, bonus! Carly is told that she's being stupid about things--even if she brushes it off. People are telling Sam, duh! (Finn, Alexis, Epiphany, etc.) even if she ignores it. So those points and digs are made. And, hey, we don't see them every day, heck sometimes we see them three or even only two times a week!

That's a decent compromise.

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, driver18 said:

So back to my point. I wonder if the Carly (and related-which, the Wiley reveal became) crap and the Jasam stuff which is so being written as 'God, IDGAF' is because O'Connor/Van Etten honestly don't give a fuck but know that they *have* to write Carly like that. And they *have* to write Jasam like that. They have been given strict instructions that they have to make their "big" fanbases happy, and these are the guidelines to do so. Carly is always right, always has the big moments, best mom ever, etc. Jasam are together, but separated, being targeted, and bringing people down! And DO'C/CVE just do not have any fucks to give when it comes to those characters. Hell, maybe Frank comes up with the arcs, big scenes for them and DO'C/CVE just go along.

That's how it comes across to me.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, bybrandy said:

And Michael making Willow the person who is Wiley's constant makes sense from the writers perspective of getting a love triangle between Michael/Sasha/Willow.  But 1) I'm not here for it.  And 2) Wiley is a kid who was meant to have two dads.  The clearly best option for Wiley is if Wiley still has 2 dads and Lucas is one of them.  But then we'd have to see Lucas. 

I still want to see at least one scene of Willow and Lucas together mourning the betrayal together and leaning on each other, and then Michael and Lucas agreeing (maybe after Willow encourages Michael on the subject) that Lucas needs to be a big part of Wiley's life. 

Michael commented that Willow got hurt the worst by this, and I agree. However, Willow and Lucas have the shitty bond of both being betrayed by someone who made legal and (imo) sacred agreements with them. Brad along with Lucas signed documents promising to raise, love and cherish Willow's baby.  Then Brad broke Willow's trust and treated her baby like a defective appliance within 24 hours, then lied to her for a year and a half, so that she would continue to be invested in a child that wasn't hers thus ensuring his own "happy family" stayed together. His behavior toward Willow strongly reminds me how Carly used and lied to AJ, and did not feel guilty for the pain she caused him because she only cared about herself and hanging onto Jason. 

I rolled my eyes at Michael's line that there is only him and will he be enough for Wiley. Ummm, hey fool, Lucas is still Wiley's legal father and you live in a mansion, why not invite Lucas to move in? Your grandmother has been friends with his mother for decades and knows Lucas well! The best thing for comfort and stability right now would most likely be you, Lucas, and Willow being around Wiley as often as possible since he's had enough confusion between Daddy Lucas being out of his life for months and now Daddy Brad being MIA. 

I want to see Monica and Bobbie bonding over their shared great grandson, too. I also want a horsie.

• Love 2

Michael ignoring Lucas and Wylie's bond with him is ridiculous. Lucas has been the baby's father for all his life; Wylie needs him even more than he needs Willow especially since Brad is now out of the picture.  I guess he really is a graduate of the Carly Corinthos School of Parenting.

21 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Ferber wrote a book that was very popular book telling people to let the kid cry it out but there were also plenty of opposing views such as William Sears.  (I thought Sears was much more better because he was less dogmatic.)

But as @Auntie Velvet said, those techniques were for newborns, not a traumatized almost 2 year old.  Wylie's lost so much, the last thing he needs is to cry himself to sleep believing that no one is there to comfort him.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Michael ignoring Lucas and Wylie's bond with him is ridiculous. Lucas has been the baby's father for all his life; Wylie needs him even more than he needs Willow especially since Brad is now out of the picture.  I guess he really is a graduate of the Carly Corinthos School of Parenting.

Ferber wrote a book that was very popular book telling people to let the kid cry it out but there were also plenty of opposing views such as William Sears.  (I thought Sears was much more better because he was less dogmatic.)

But as @Auntie Velvet said, those techniques were for newborns, not a traumatized almost 2 year old.  Wylie's lost so much, the last thing he needs is to cry himself to sleep believing that no one is there to comfort him.

Of course Wiley screaming at the top of his lungs (probably for Brad and Lucas) doesn't seem to worry anyone, let alone his incredibly spoiled bio dad and bitch of a grandmother, but poor poor baby Michael when AJ married Carly and finally had his son under his roof and Michael was screaming for Jason, despite Carly and the nanny that a non working Carly needed still there.

• Love 2

It would really be an enlightened move for them to have Michael realize the best thing for Wiley is to let Lucas keep him and Michael (and Willow) can still remain a strong presence in his life. But that won't happen because we know this show treats children like possessions.

• Love 5

Just caught up on the last three GH episodes. Molly is really pretty. Hopefully, this is a sign she’s back full time. I think the discussion/argument was a realistic on about marriage but I do find odd that neither one knew of the others thoughts until now after 8 years. I will say I was shocked when they said it’s been 8 years. I thought 5 tops. Time really does fly. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ByaNose said:

. I will say I was shocked when they said it’s been 8 years. I thought 5 tops. Time really does fly

I also thought that ‘8 years’ didn’t sound quite right.  Maybe they are SORASing relationships now, too?

TJ first appeared in January 2012, and he and Molly started dating (an extension of their tutor/friend relationship) the following month. So, eight years is on the dot. From a character bio:  

TJ agrees to help Molly make more friends by creating a fake social media account for her. He also throws a wild party which ends with Molly's house being destroyed and her passing out from alcohol poisoning. TJ admits to throwing the party without her knowledge and Alexis forbids them from seeing each other. However, TJ and Molly start dating in secret after the party in February 2012.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

There's no way Sonny and Carly would allow that to happen, even if it was what Michael decided.

They'd go on and on about how Wiley is blood and somehow their heads wouldn't explode from the hypocrisy of it all.

• Love 5

Molly seems to be more against weddings than actual marriage.  She said they don’t need a huge party to show their love, but that they can still have a great life with kids, etc.  A huge party is a wedding, not a marriage.

Cam 100% did the right thing.  There really wasn’t anything he could do for Trina and I have no idea what anyone expected him to do.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Molly seems to be more against weddings than actual marriage.  She said they don’t need a huge party to show their love, but that they can still have a great life with kids, etc.  A huge party is a wedding, not a marriage.

Exactly.  Getting married by a JP or a judge is just as much of a marriage as spending tens of thousands on a fancy wedding.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Yes, this. I mean, if Molly has now decided she doesn't want to get married, fine; that's her choice. But where did it come from? Even if she told TJ she was a "girl" when she was Jaysus' and Sam's biggest fan/a romantic/blah, blah, blah. Up until last week, or whenever we saw her, when she was off on a rant about her friend Jamie turning into a bridezilla, at least I thought she did want to eventually get married.

But. That's not what she was telling TJ. All her reasons for not wanting to marry him--not "I don't want to get married" but "I don't want to marry you" which has a different and more personal meaning altogether, were about the craziness of the wedding and stuff that leads up to the I dos. Not the actual marriage. Marriage is not a wedding. All the reasons she gave had to do with the bratty and diva-like behavior of her friends as they planned for the wedding.

But yeah. As @dubbel zout and others have stated: they never discussed this in the past three years or so? I don't say eight, because they were teens when they first started dating.

Not that I care about them. Because I don't. But that whole conversation didn't make any sense.

So, PLEASE TELL ME that Taggert is OKAY.

• Love 1

Sonny and Carly are so entitled to everyone's time and life. You don't get to decide what is important to Brando and where he should stay. It doesn't matter why he wants to go home, it's not like he has an actual reason to stay in town. lol someone has been reading the boards because there has been a lot of talk about Donna lately and even a sighting.

I hope Carly and Brando have an affair and it ruins house Corinthi. So Carly has been home all day with heels on. Dear Show, Carly is too old to continuously have her talking about getting her way like a spoiled teen.

The show might as well just get rid of the police department and let Jason handle all the crime since he is a detective now. Watching Jason's "acting" is very painful.

I hope Trina stays Taggart's kid and not turn out to be Curtis' kid that Taggart kept from him. I fear they may go that direction with Trina hating Curtis right now. Hate that they killed him off. Don't like Frizz but i liked them in their supporting roles today

I am glad Willow wants to stay away from Wiley for her own benefit but I am also tired of hearing about her feelings in this story. I can't believe they even added a line about her being a mother to Wiley as if he didn't have two parents, no matter how unimportant they are. I don't want to hear anyone begging her to stay in Wiley's life and Michael is an ass for trying to bring Wiley to Willow after she requested distance.

Jason: The whole time i was talking to him he couldn't keep his eyes off her

Sonny: Well she is his wife

Funniest line of the episode.

Loved Laura in badass "work around but within the law" mode. Lock him up in a straight jacket and muzzle. ****ALL SPECULATION*** I feel like Brando is the culprit but he couldn't seem eager to stay in town. This will make his affair with Carly that much better when she realizes she slept with the guy that has been threatening her family

After Jordan resigns, she should go physically lay eyes on TJ because anyone can text from his phone.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 2/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, AuxArx said:

I don’t think Taggart’s dead because Trina is sitting by someone’s hospital bed in the previews.

That scene was of Trina talking to her father, but he passed away shortly after. As soon as he asked Trina to go get him candy and looked like he was fighting to stay awake as she was excited for him to get better and stay in Port Charles, I figured he knew he was going to die shortly but didn't want her to see it. I'm mad that he is dead and also that when Lucas is seen, he's the doctor who has tell Trina there's nothing more they could have done. 

LOVED the big Cameron-Elizabeth hug and then the scene of Cam describing his trauma to Elizabeth. Beautifully acted, very moving (thankfully Franco just stood there and kept his mouth shut). Becky Herbst also deserves props for the way Elizabeth stepped up in a combo of off-duty nurse and mother to gently give Trina the sad news, then hold her while she cried. 

I liked Brando pushing back against Carson but UGH Carly holding a baby doesn't curb her obnoxiousness/smug face. 

Shut the F UP, Sasha. The best, subtle bit, was Willow giving Sasha side-eye when Sasha touched her shoulder as she tried to emotionally manipulate Willow into being around to make life better for Michael and Wiley.  Little tip Sasha, bringing up Nina re: Charlotte as a symbol of motherhood when you have knowledge that Nina was awful to Willow re: Charlotte is a stupid move when you're trying to get your way. I liked Willow's "yes, you are" in response to Sasha's "I'm not trying..." line. 

Jason, what does it say about you that even Sonny closes his eyes for a moment and has a slight regretful look on his face at hearing Taggart died/seeing Trina cry, and you just ... live up to the nickname of Stone Cold.

I like how Laura manages to make the Big Bad squirm a bit while he blew off both Sonny and Jordan when they tried to be fierce. I also liked Curtis blowing off Jason when he wanted answers.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 10

Nooooo!  Taggart's dead!  Why can't you kill a character I can't stand instead?  There was a lot of story left to tell with Taggart now that we know Tina is his daughter.

The show remembered that Lucas is an ER doc.

Taggart's kid has just been targeted. Why isn't Jordan warning her kid?

The best part of the show was Laura taking charge of the situation and telling both Sonny and Jordan she's stepping in.

Sonny thinks Trina is a good kid because she's always been really great to Joss. Because for Carson and JaSam, it all comes down to who helps them personally and who doesn't.

Run Brando, run!

Sasha guilting Willow into staying with Wylie made me want to slap her.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Shut the F UP, Sasha. The best, subtle bit, was Willow giving Sasha side-eye when Sasha touched her shoulder as she tried to emotionally manipulate Willow into being around to make life better for Michael and Wiley.  Little tip Sasha, bringing up Nina re: Charlotte as a symbol of motherhood when you have knowledge that Nina was awful to Willow re: Charlotte is a stupid move when you're trying to get your way. I liked Willow's "yes, you are" in response to Sasha's "I'm not trying..." line. 

I had forgotten about how much of a bitch Nina was to Willow. It was also a bad example because Nina was at times obsessed with her role in Charlottes life and that is not what Willow wants to become.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

That scene was of Trina talking to her father, but he passed away shortly after.

10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Nooooo!  Taggart's dead!  Why can't you kill a character I can't stand instead?  There was a lot of story left to tell with Taggart now that we know Tina is his daughter.

giphy.gif

Did these ASSHOLES just bring Taggert back to KILL HIM OFF? Rhetorical question, because of course they did.

• Love 5

Dang! I thought Taggert would be around a little longer. It's too bad that (apparently the now-cast) Taggert's ex-wife (who is said to be a doctor) couldn't have been on duty when he came in and had a moment w/ both him and Trina before he passed. It would have been a logical way to introduce the character. But then Lucas wouldn't have been at the hospital while Michael was trying to find an additional parental figure for Wiley. 

Sonny and Carly, it's really none of your business why Brando wants to go home. It's a damn shame Carly couldn't just leave the poor guy alone. 

• Love 2

I hope that it was Real Andrews decision to limit his time on GH because otherwise it was such a stupid move to kill Taggart.  And even if it was his decision, they should have put Taggart in witness protection or something. Don't blow up heritage like that.

They need a better set for Renault's jail cell. One that is also used for the lock-up in PC is never going to pass for Pentonville.  As much as I adore Laura taking charge, the mayor of Port Charles has no more power over the state penitentiary than she does over Ferncliffe.

So Michael brought Wiley downstairs, disrupting his schedule even more. I don't care what the show keeps trying to tell me, he's really the worst at parenting.

9 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

I hope Carly and Brando have an affair and it ruins house Corinthi. So Carly has been home all day with heels on. Dear Show, Carly is too old to continuously have her talking about getting her way like a spoiled teen.

Also too old to be wearing heels all day in the house. I really like the idea of Carly having an affair with Brando.

• Love 1

I really hate Michael and Sasha. Stop pushing Willow into something she doesn't want. Let her grieve in peace. And the whole she's the only one who is suffering is a pretty unfair statement. Lucas carrying on with his life doesn't mean he's not gutted by what happened.

Color me not shocked that they killed off Taggert. I was certain he was a goner when he talked about Trina after she left the room.

• Love 3

Well, crap, they kill off Taggert without ever letting him and Elizabeth reminisce about the bad old days (not that anybody would want to dredge up how they knew each other, but they had a past and now they'll never get reacquainted). 

Those two kids, Trina and Cam, are two of the best actors on the show.  When they're sad, it makes me sad, too.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

just bring Taggert back to KILL HIM OFF

I wonder if the actor just wanted to come back briefly? You should watch the last scenes of him with Trina, and I mostly liked the last scene of him with Curtis and Jordan. Hated that Sonny got a moment alone with him, but it showed how much he loves Trina that he would ask Sonny of all people to look out for her.

So, will Gia make an appearance in the wake of her brother's death?

• Love 3
On 2/27/2020 at 4:49 PM, TVbitch said:

WTF with that taxidermy honeybadger in Sonny's office?! 

I have been wondering that for years.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:12 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

There was just something off about Dev. Or maybe it's because the kid can't act. But he seemed very nonchalant about the bullet that SheBeast found. 

I assumed it was to indicate he planted it himself, in order to make Sonny worry about him and want to keep him around (which is exactly what happened). But it’s also entirely possible that it was just bad acting.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:50 PM, ciarra said:

Taggert can't be dead, because having secondary character Trina wallow in grief for a dead dad would trump Carly Junior's grief over her dead boyfriend.  

I expect Trina’s grief will be written much like Lucas’s. As in: “Oh no! That sucks.” <shrug> “Life goes on. What’s for lunch?”

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ehhh something seems off to me. Katherine Bell after the first parapet off.

Ooooh! I like this thought! To make Cyrus think: "And then there was one." Jordan doesn't DESERVE to be associated with such a great mystery by Dame Christie.

It's not as if doctors haven't faked deaths before on this show.

• Love 1