Type keyword(s) to search

S28:E06: Top 9

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Am I the only one didnt care for karamos contemporary?

I actually said "Contemporary?  They're still trying to make that happen?" While I did appreciate Len's comment that the dances were longer this year,  I really wished they would dump this.  Hell, I'd even settle for more jazz hands than open shirts and flinging of bodies.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I really wasn't surprised. Bristol Palin proved you can get far even though she wasn't the best. She got to third place and beat better dancers. 

I don't care about the Bachelor, but their fanbase is tough. Grocery Store Joe got too far. Hannah is a good dancer even though I don't like the franchise. 

Im just not really impressed with Hannah dance or performance wise. I enjoy watching 55 year old kate far more than her and I actually rather see kate in the finals more than her. I love Alan but Hannah so blah.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, katha said:

Yeah. This is why having Spicer on is such crap. He has rabid voters that will carry him much too far on pure spite, in the process eliminating stronger dancers.

Tom didn't want to have him on because he knew it would lead to this. Sailor wasn't the best, but she was better than Spicer. It's sad when people cry. Mark had a young teenaged partner who cried when she was eliminated. 

40 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

Not surprised about Ally. The band dismantled a longtime ago

I agree.  She doesn't have the name recognition. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Arkay said:

I love that Kate is doing so well. It's fantastic to see an older woman hanging in there and really looking good. Also, I think Pasha is a sensational teacher. 

I really like that Kate has progressed and gotten so good.  She doesn't have dance background like Hannah and she is becoming so much better!!

Kate is what the show is supposed to be!  I hope she is in the finals.

• Love 22
12 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

I actually said "Contemporary?  They're still trying to make that happen?" While I did appreciate Len's comment that the dances were longer this year,  I really wished they would dump this.  Hell, I'd even settle for more jazz hands than open shirts and flinging of bodies.

I really wish they save contemporary for freestyles because honey some of these pros cant choreograph a contemporary dance to save their ass. Jenna actually has training in contemporary but she just choreographed her getting thrown around while karamo was prop to lift her up and swing her around.

• Love 5

I don't watch this show regularly, but saw a little bit of Spicer's dance last week (while I was on the phone with my mom, who is an avid viewer).  I'm like he's not a dancer at all.  Flat footed, stomping around.

Why in the hell would he even agree to being on the show?  I think I can dance better than that, but I'd have to say uh, wait a minute...…...I will look like crap compared to other people on the show who can really dance well.  Is it just a cash grab?  

I got a call from Mom tonight saying she's not sure she'll continue to watch.  She was totally po'd after last year.  Then I went onto Twitter and yeah, people are pretty much pissed off.  Not that they thought Sailor would win, but she wasn't the worst dancer.  TPTB had said they'd fixed the voting issue that resulted in last year's "winner", but folks are asking where is the change?  If Spicer advances to the finals, I think it might just kill the show.  Look how long they delayed this season due to Bobby Bones.

Speaking of which, he's a tool.  He's on Twitter saying it's only 50% about dancing, the rest is personality, who people like best.  Do people really like him that much?  Ugh.  He then tried to say it's a sociology experiment.  Say what?  It's a DANCE contest, at least that is the premise.  Tool.  

You can't be a total unknown (although I didn't know and do not care to know any more about Bobby Bones) because you have to get some votes.  The show should be about rewarding talent though.  If I were a celeb who was mediocre, I wouldn't encourage my fans to vote for me just because they were my fans.  I'd tell them to vote for the best performance that week.  Shouldn't have to be the constant begging for votes for any of these type of shows on social media.  Let the true talent speak for itself.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

I don't watch this show regularly, but saw a little bit of Spicer's dance last week (while I was on the phone with my mom, who is an avid viewer).  I'm like he's not a dancer at all.  Flat footed, stomping around.

He looked like a dad awkwardly trying to dance with his daughter. She kept flopping a lot. Which made it all the weirder, considering the dance was supposed to be a dedication of sorts to his wife. 

• Love 6

I have no idea why the judges feel Sean is worthy of 7s. When I saw him get straight 7s I was just shocked out of this world. The man is still very stiff and tight when he dances. With scores like that Sean may become a finalist and win this whole damn thing, unfortunately if he does that may be the end of dwts or worse yet Lindsay may get Sharna treatment and fired the following season so people cant be reminded of another awful win in dwts history.

• Love 11

Ally should have gone instead of Sailor. Too bad. Also blame Karamo, he's the worst. Karamo and then Spicer should go. Enjoy watching all the rest. 

I do think James is going to win.

Edited by Quiet1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I have no idea why the judges feel Sean is worthy of 7s. When I saw him get straight 7s I was just shocked out of this world. The man is still very stiff and tight when he dances. With scores like that Sean may become a finalist and win this whole damn thing, unfortunately if he does that may be the end of dwts or worse yet Lindsay may get Sharna treatment and fired the following season so people cant be reminded of another awful win in dwts history.

I agree that he's way overscored. But IMO the judges know that they are in a tight place here. If they get too mean and score him low, that'll just really fire up the grudge voters because they think he's a "victim" (LOL) and is being "bullied" by the evil show. So the plan is probably to say vaguely nice things to him, give him low (but not too low) scores and hope for the best. So as not to fire up the fanbase. But yeah, even with that, and even if it probably won't make a difference...his dancing is not worth a 7. If you're scared to give a 5, at least go down to 6. That's more realistic in how he stacks up against everyone else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I really wish they save contemporary for freestyles because honey some of these pros cant choreograph a contemporary dance to save their ass. Jenna actually has training in contemporary but she just choreographed her getting thrown around while karamo was prop to lift her up and swing her around.

Thank you. I'm sorry but all I thought while I watched Lauren and Gleb's contemporary was "wow... Gleb is really not trained in Contemporary." I felt for her emotion, but her producing complete distracted me from it,  as she she seemed to have the longest pre-dance video package. I have a heart, but the dance didn't do anything for me. 

As someone who watched both All That and Keenan Kel, as well as Dawson's Creek and Don't Trust the B in Apt. 23, I'm happy that Kel and James appear to be 2 of the better dancers. They'll be getting my votes for the rest of the season. 

• Love 9

I haven't seen anyone mention this and I am surprised! Am I the only one who thinks Hannah's father is the spitting image of James Brolin. When he first walked into the practice hall, I couldn't figure out why James Brolin was there!!🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I really like that Kate has progressed and gotten so good.  She doesn't have dance background like Hannah and she is becoming so much better!!

Kate was a dance major or dance minor in college.  That usually means that you danced as a kid too.  Many years of experience.  Don't be fooled by false narratives,

29 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Why in the hell would he even agree to being on the show?  I think I can dance better than that, but I'd have to say uh, wait a minute...…...I will look like crap compared to other people on the show who can really dance well.  Is it just a cash grab?  

I got a call from Mom tonight saying she's not sure she'll continue to watch.  She was totally po'd after last year.  Then I went onto Twitter and yeah, people are pretty much pissed off.  Not that they thought Sailor would win, but she wasn't the worst dancer.  TPTB had said they'd fixed the voting issue that resulted in last year's "winner", but folks are asking where is the change?  If Spicer advances to the finals, I think it might just kill the show.  Look how long they delayed this season due to Bobby Bones.

Speaking of which, he's a tool.  He's on Twitter saying it's only 50% about dancing, the rest is personality, who people like best.  Do people really like him that much?  Ugh.  He then tried to say it's a sociology experiment.  Say what?  It's a DANCE contest, at least that is the premise.  Tool.  

You can't be a total unknown (although I didn't know and do not care to know any more about Bobby Bones) because you have to get some votes.  The show should be about rewarding talent though.  If I were a celeb who was mediocre, I wouldn't encourage my fans to vote for me just because they were my fans.  I'd tell them to vote for the best performance that week.  Shouldn't have to be the constant begging for votes for any of these type of shows on social media.  Let the true talent speak for itself.

Spicer wants to redem himself and get a big paycheck.  He knows that doesn't require good dancing.  He wants everyone to forget what he did to promote the lies from day one.  "Period!"  He'll get at least a few more big checks, IMHO.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

ITA. Bobby Bones can have several seats. Last time I checked, the show was called "Dancing With the Stars." Nyle DiMarco & JR Martinez didn't have the hugest fan bases when they first competed, either, but the longer they competed, the better they got and the more popular they got, unlike Bones, who came in with a built-in fan base who rigged the game in his favor, at other and much better dancers' expense. At least DiMarco & Martinez's wins were earned honestly-again, unlike Bones.

On another & much better note, Kate & Pasha's VW was sophisticated, charming and beautiful. In other words, everything Spicer's VW was not.

Then there's James' Samba. Everything about it was tight: the music, the choreography, James' pants and his ass. Only James' hips were loose, as they should be. Spicer couldn't pull off a samba that great in his wildest dreams.

Edited by DollEyes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, spanana said:

I don't disagree really and I understand Sailor not getting how this show works but I think Val should have been smart enough to know it was a possibility.  He could see that Sean has never hit B2 even when having lower score.  He could see that Karamo had a more emotional package and contemporary, which usually gets votes, etc.  I don't blame Sailor at all.  I just think Val should have maybe prepared her a bit more.

I am not begrudging Sailor her emotions. I think it was genuine and since she's not an actress, she's unable to act her way through a tough moment.  She's 21 but she reads a very young 21 to me.

In all seriousness, Sailor’s reaction to being eliminated is a prime example of why we shouldn’t give participation trophies to everyone for simply showing up. 

You are spot on in your assessment, especially when the judges didn’t give her anything to work on during the season. The level of embarrassment she had while dancing in the middle of the day in LA was cringeworthy. That wasn’t stage fright; that’s not being confident in an ability or skill set. She didn’t have the music playing on Hollywood Blvd to sing along with, so she was probably a wee bit lost. 

I was floored that she and James received the same scores. Am I watching the same show as the judges?

I thought her jive was awful and I don’t think she’s a strong dancer. I’m not sad she left, but I’m pissed that Spicer is still around. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, katha said:

Yeah. This is why having Spicer on is such crap. He has rabid voters that will carry him much too far on pure spite, in the process eliminating stronger dancers. To be fair, this has been always going on to some extent on the show. The problem with Spicer, like with Bristol, is the purely political motivation many of his votes have. Which is why it was a horrible idea for the producers to bring him on. The show can't afford another toxic/controversial season. Not to that extent. Oh well.

I put all of this on the goddamn producers! They knew it was horrible that Bobby Bones won. That's partially why they took a season off. That's why they've implemented this (mostly useless) judges' save. They don't want another Bobby Bones winning and YET they fucking cast Spicer because they just wanted him as a ratings draw. They should have freaking known that Spicer is going to have a rabid fanbase who will vote for him even if he literally came out and just defecated on the dance floor. Most of his voters don't care about dancing, just sticking it to "Hollyweird." It doesn't help that the Orange Anus in Chief is tweeting about him and stirring up those people even more. It doesn't help that the judges' are giving him sevens now. I totally get, and agree, with katha's point that the judges are probably doing that because they don't want the narrative to be they're being too mean to him and people vote him for that. But I don't think it's going to make a difference. Again, most of Sean's voters will vote no matter what. Sure, they may complain about the judges being too mean if they give him lower scores, but at least it would be honest and would give the other dancers a better shot. You don't need to necessarily give him 4s or even 5s, but he in no way should be given 7s.

I thought Sailor's crying was a bit excessive at a certain point, but I did feel bad for her. Clearly she wasn't prepared for this because she started bawling even officially before she got the boot. The camera really should have cut away at some point.

As for the actual dancing, I loved Kate and Kel's routines. But James was on a whole other level. That was insane!

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Annber03 said:

He looked like a dad awkwardly trying to dance with his daughter. She kept flopping a lot. Which made it all the weirder, considering the dance was supposed to be a dedication of sorts to his wife. 

He didn’t even freakin’ say “thank you” to the guy who handed him the roses that were intended for his wife. 
THAT really pissed me off because manners should be like muscle memory: it just happens.

I hate Spicer with the fire of a thousand suns. I just can’t with his egotistical bullshit each week. During Bruno’s critique, he was obnoxious while asking for a damn compliment. “...,But?!?!?!”

Dude. There is no but. You’re an ass. That’s the closest thing you’re going to get to a “..., but” from anyone with three brain cells.

@Toonces464, I want to like your post 500 times. Spot on!!!! 

• Love 19

Until/unless the show eliminates the central & east coast voters, just stick a fork in it because this show is done. And ABC, until/unless you just rely on judges votes alone, you might as well just cancel the damn show after this season. 🤬

• Love 6

I thought Sailor was overscored and overpraised.   She seemed very heavy on her feet and ploddy.  All I could think about was someone who seemed thin or in shape "looking" but actually wasn't very strong in reality.  Huh I guess that's a model.   She looks like she should be more athletic or coordinated than she is.

Did the see the look on Val's face during the elimination?   He knew with like 6 couples left.

I'm sad we won't see Val's participation in Halloween week.  That's always one of my favorites.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Sister Havana said:

Poor Sailor. There were others who should have gone before her. (And I'm going to guess this was a "not necessarily the bottom two" because between her scores and the Fifth Harmony fan base, there's no way Ally was actually in the bottom two. Do I need my tinfoil hat here?)

This season, the bottom 2 are the true bottom 2. It needs to be since the judges are picking who to save.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Eta: And this exactly why I've said, when many were adamant about the whole judges picking who to eliminate that sure it help, but at the end of the day, the  judges can't do a damn thing when a very weak dancer gets enough votes that they're not even in the Bottom 2. 

It does help a little bit, because if Sean ever ends up being even the second-lowest in scores+votes, the judges can save the better dancer. Whereas in the old format, as long as he beat 1 other person, he would always be able to stay.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, spanana said:

Well that was hard to watch.  I knew they were going to save Ally over Sailor but also Sailor was not even a little bit prepared for that and while I do think her emotions were very genuine, I wish somebody had tried to prepare her a little better? I also thought the judges did her a disservice these last three weeks where they fed her solely praise and no constructive criticism on dances that needed constructive criticism.  Did Val never prepare her for the possibility of leaving?

It doesn't bother me when eliminees cry because it means they care and were invested in the competition. Also,  disappointment can sometimes still hit hard even if you are prepared.

• Love 12

When watching this show, I am someone who gets excited watching good, proper content executed well. I don't really need all the bells and whistles and flashy moves (even though I can enjoy those as well). Which is why I enjoyed this week so much more than Disney week.

I think Pasha's doing really well as a pro. However, I noticed he puts angular gestures in his choreography from time to time that are meant to go with certain accents in the music, but can feel a little jarring to me, especially in a fluid dance like the V Waltz. Still liking him and Kate though. My one concern is that she's burning through all the ballroom dances and will have to contend with mostly Latin now.

I know Len has judged too many seasons to keep track, but Mark Ballas often put the fleckrl in his Viennese Waltzes and Len pointed it out back then too.

I said last week that James was starting to get a little bland for me...his samba finally gave me the little spice that I was hoping to see. Nice technique from James and great routine by Emma. I especially liked that she did the samba roll with both arms extended out (whereas for some reason, most of the pros on this show choreograph the roll with the female's right arm tucked in).

I thought the first half of Kel's quickstep was excellent, but started to fizzle slightly in the second half. I'm not so sure it was Witney's dress slip that caused it. Still a good dance.

I thought the judges were spot on about Hannah's samba action and her needing to get into the floor more.

Ally has been a solid dancer, but I personally might have saved Sailor. IMO, she has been getting better and better each week and Val has been doing good work with her.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 9

Ally's quickstep was not good. the were totally out of sync in he beginning section with the boxes. The actual quickstep looked like the tempo was too fast for the choreography and she was running to catch up the entire time but failing. The singer murdered that song.

Speaking of the shitty studio singers, I know that there will never be another Whitney Houston, but ugh, whoever was singing "I Have Nothing" was terrible. If you don't have enough breath control to make it more than three or four words before you have to take ANOTHER breath, then at least be professional and inhale through your nose so I don't have to hear you gasping for air through your mouth every five seconds.

Ahem, the dancing. Kate's Viennese waltz wasn't the best I've ever seen but it was decent. I'm glad that it's week six and she's still here. I thought she would be one of the first to go based solely upon the fact that people tend not to vote for the older female contestants on this show. I think Kate has some natural ability and she's very teachable. She's lucky that she got such a good partner too because she's getting actual content for each of the dances that she's assigned (which is more than I can say for a lot of dances we've seen on this show over the years).

Kel did really well with the quickstep and he's clearly still having lots of fun. I hope that he makes it really far this season because he is a pretty good dancer. James is the only male celeb who's better than Kel.

Karamo's contemporary didn't impress me at all because it was 90% Jenna doing lifts. She could have given him choreography that showed his vulnerability and emotion. Instead she had him pick her up for lift after lift.

Hanna's samba was pretty good but that was a terrible song choice for a samba. Seeing her side by side with Alan really showed the difference between a pro's sharpness and a celeb thoug.

Sailor's jive wasn't great and I'd say a large portion of that was due to the weak choreography. Strike three for the studio singers: fucking up the lyrics to Wake Me Up Before You Go Go (it's supposed to be "they can dance," not "we'll stay in").

James' samba was great. Some of his footwork was a little sloppy, but overall this was such a good performance. He was so into it and making his movements nice and big (I find sometimes when the celebs aren't as comfortable with a dance, they make the moves very small, as if that will somehow disguise their discomfort).

Lauren's contemporary was fine. She executed the choreography that was given to her competently. But considering how emotional the song was, I think Gleb could have given her better choreography for this. On a shallow note, Gleb's monochromatic shirt and pants mae me think he was wearing a onesie from a distance.

James and Karamo were the only routines that I would watch again from this week's episode.

Sailor wasn't the best dancer left but she certainly wasn't the worst so I can't blame her for being upset that she was eliminated. I never judge someone for genuinely crying. Maybe other people have way more self control than I do, but when I cry, I can't stop myself. When I try, I just end up making horrible noises. To me, crying is like sneezing. I know that I can't control it so I just have to let it happen.

• Love 6

I now need to change my name after hearing Sean Spicer gush about Rebecca. 

Hannah got on my nerves with her whole L.A. Is not home. Nobody forced her to go. There are tons of people who would kill for an opportunity to fulfill their dreams of acting, writing, etc.

Edited by RebeccatheWriter
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Quiet1 said:

Ally should have gone instead of Sailor. Too bad. Also blame Karamo, he's the worst. Karamo and then Spicer should go. Enjoy watching all the rest. 

I do think James is going to win.

I'm no Karamo fan (as a dancer) but he's not worse than Spicer.

• Love 18

Speaking of Bobby, as it relates to this show and this episode, I've never seen a past winner who still has so much of a chip on their shoulder.  Also he's being shitty to this seasons contestants for no reason.  I remember early in the season he posted something about how there were only four likeable celebs this season.  I know he mentioned Lauren (of course) and Kate but I don't know who else.

Then this week he was trying to goad Lauren on his radio show into how none of the Hollywood sites are supporting Lauren but they are supporting "bachelorette lady" and other Hollywood types and didn't she think it was unfair and that is why country has to stick together.  This man now has a chip on his shoulder on Lauren's behalf.

Then right after last night's elimination he was endlessly tweeting making fun of any fans that were upset by the elimination and that is what happens if you aren't likeable or make yourself vulnerable and then of course making it about him and he was the most likeable last season.  Bobby, there is no alternate reality where you are the most likeable.

Anyway, long story short I wish he would leave Lauren alone and not get his stink on her.  Also Alan got a little snarky with Bobby online (yay!) because Bobby like refuses to say Hannah's name but makes vague references to her.

But I know Alfonso made a few weird comments seasons later, but I've seen a recent past winner like Bobby who is so ornery who will talk crap against others but then plays the victim if anyone turns it on him.

• Love 12

I agree with whomever said Sailor was ploddy.  But Spicer should have gone.  Who is voting for him?  

I can’t warm up to Hannah.  That huge pageant smile pasted on her face, along with her rigid pageant posture.  I get that it’s ingrained in her. And it comes out subconsciously when performing.  Just makes her hard for me to watch. 

• Love 13

I think Pasha has emerged as one of the best choreographers, and he's savvy as to what Len likes to see.  He throws in a bit of "old school" moves which makes Len happy, and I think has resulted in a good score from Len on a few dances.  I also appreciate seeing the moves and steps because seeing 2 cha cha steps as opposed to a good number in what is supposed to be the cha cha is more enjoyable, at least to me.

Spicer needs to go.  He only staying there because people are voting for him.  Someone said they wanted him to be tied for last and have the judges get rid of him.  I would hope that the judges would have enough integrity at that point to eliminate him. 

• Love 11

And this is why Spicer is still there. I think the judges are contributing... in what world was that dance worth 7’s? He basically did his best Vanna White impression while Lindsey danced around him. 6’s at best.

I felt sorry for Sailor, obviously she wasn’t expecting it. 

Kate and James are my favorites and I love Lauren’s music but don’t think much of Gleb and his choreography. My dad passed in much the same way as her stepfather (diagnosed with cancer in April, passed in October) and it has been 16 years instead of one. I still cry when I talk about him. I was impressed that LA made it through the dance. 

1718D3DF-997A-41CD-B57C-79623017D047.jpeg

• Love 5

I thought Sailor's crying was a bit excessive at a certain point, but I did feel bad for her. Clearly she wasn't prepared for this because she started bawling even officially before she got the boot. The camera really should have cut away at some point.

It figures that this show runs over almost ever week so that the person being eliminated barely gets to react before they're showing a wide group shot and cutting to the next show. Then, the one time they have this poor girl ugly crying hysterically on stage, they're all in her face and asking for a speech. I was ambivalent towards Sailor as a dancer but I felt terrible for the poor thing at the end of the show. Val was clearly telling them to cut away and they refused to.

• Love 8

Obviously the producers didn't learn their lesson from last season.   The absolute very worst dancer can (and might again) win.   If Spicer is the winner I will officially end my lukewarm love affair with this show.   And never look back.

Is it that hard to find "stars", no matter how well or little known they may be, who can actually 'dance', in some way, shape or form?   I'm tired of celebrities plodding and stomping but then continuing to advance, based on their fan base, politics, whatever.  

I have no problem whatsoever with someone I don't particularly care for surviving week after week - or even winning - as long as she/he can actually dance; that she/he isn't getting someone bumped who is 90% better just because of rabid fan bases due to *whatever*.  

That being said, has Sailor led such a pampered life that she's never experienced a thumbs-down moment?   She was crushed to be leaving (understandable) but she didn't seem to be able to deal with the shock and awe of it.   Life has ups AND downs, and I don't know if she's suffered many or any downs.   I could be wrong about that; just my take on it.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, ShellyD said:

And this is why Spicer is still there. I think the judges are contributing... in what world was that dance worth 7’s? He basically did his best Vanna White impression while Lindsey danced around him. 6’s at best.

I felt sorry for Sailor, obviously she wasn’t expecting it. 

Kate and James are my favorites and I love Lauren’s music but don’t think much of Gleb and his choreography. My dad passed in much the same way as her stepfather (diagnosed with cancer in April, passed in October) and it has been 16 years instead of one. I still cry when I talk about him. I was impressed that LA made it through the dance. 

1718D3DF-997A-41CD-B57C-79623017D047.jpeg

It’s this giant ass chip on the shoulder attitude that’s sucking the joy out of it for me. Bobby Bones & his fans have it. Spicer & his cult have it. You know if he ever does get eliminated the crying about “bias” will never stop.

I’ll take a girl crying a bit too hard when she gets eliminated because she wanted it too hard over that “woah is me, own the libs/Hollywood elite/whoever you’re blaming today” whining every day. 

Edited by kitcloudkicker
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

TPTB had said they'd fixed the voting issue that resulted in last year's "winner", but folks are asking where is the change?  If Spicer advances to the finals, I think it might just kill the show.  Look how long they delayed this season due to Bobby Bones.

The change they should have made is to use a formula similar to shows like So You Think You Can Dance and America's Got Talent where the judges choose who goes home for the first few weeks. They can get rid of the worst dancers and the ones that aren't giving it their all. Then halfway though or so, voting begins and the judges and America's votes are combined. The final winner is decided by just America's votes.

It's a little complicated but I think it would be as fair as possible for all the contestants.

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 14

I was scared about Ally's dance at first because they could have easily gotten off sync.  They pulled it together.  I still think she's just alright.  I need a wow factor or something super emotional.

I heart Kate!

Kel is improving and I'm he's starting to reflect in the scores.

Karamo was just a spotter for Jenna this week.  

I think the shine is starting to wear off of Hannah.  Your 15 minutes is definitely fading.  She was scored higher than I thought she should have been. And was it really necessary for Alan to rip his shirt open 1/2 way through the dance?  I don't think the music of movements called for it.  Purely a vote getting move.

Sailor, was a bit off but overall she was better than some.  Felt sorry for how heartbroken she was and the snot shot is gonna follow her for a while.

Oh Sean, you're trying but even you know this isn't you're thing.  I wonder if it's just as embarrassing for him each week that he stays?  He has to know he's the worst & that he's taking other people's opportunities.

And James just put me over the edge of perviness!  He reminds me of the guy in the '70's disco with his chest out who probably smells like too much bad cologne & thinks he's the sexiest guy in the room.  Don't get me wrong, he's probably the best dancer but tonight's look didn't give him any extra points with me.  Also, I kinda felt like Emma maybe knew this wasn't his best dance because of the lighting.  Like maybe she was trying to hide him a bit.

Lauren was sobbing from the moment she hit the floor.  Good for her for getting through such a hard emotion & still remembering her moves.  I was glad they called her first to be safe.

Side notes: Erin's pants, yay or nay?  I am patiently waiting for the "most memorable year" show.  Hannah's dad totally looks like James Brolin!  Sailor was so embarrassed to be dancing in the street I could almost feel it.  

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I agree with whomever said Sailor was ploddy.  But Spicer should have gone.  Who is voting for him?

I seriously think he has the advantage of Bots who are voting for him.  I'd be embarrassed if I was him because he is clearly the worst dancer there.   Of course, he'd have to be capable of empathy so there's that.

5 minutes ago, carrin817 said:

Side notes: Erin's pants, yay or nay? 

Still on the fence LOL  At times I loved them and at other angles I didn't.  I did love her hair and earrings.

Kate continues to impress me.  Her story of waiting tables until 41 and never giving up on your dreams was great.   I'm so hoping for a Kate, Kel, Hannah, and James final four.  

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, carrin817 said:

My friend and I watch together over messenger and I said I couldn't decide how I felt about Erin's pants (still haven't, but I'm leaning toward liking them...on someone who's not me, at least). She said she loved them.

My own side note: I hate it when the music doesn't seem to match the style of dance. Like a country Samba, for instance. There was another one I felt was off but I can't remember what it was, now.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Kira53 said:
11 hours ago, OnTime said:

Kate was a dance major or dance minor in college.  That usually means that you danced as a kid too.  Many years of experience.  Don't be fooled by false narratives,

Oh, I did not know this!!!

Now, I'm not liking her so much and I so wanted to like her. But  I still like her!

Edited by OnTime
56 minutes ago, Jsage said:

Then, the one time they have this poor girl ugly crying hysterically on stage, they're all in her face and asking for a speech. 

Actually, as soon as they came over, Erin asked Val to say a few words. She never asked Sailor to say anything, and I saw her hug and kiss the side of Sailor's head as the rest of the cast was coming out to her. I thought Erin handled that very well. She also did a great job a few weeks ago with giving Lamar a pep talk that he really seemed to need. I know a lot of people don't like Erin in the co-hosting role but I think she really excels at encouraging and having sympathy for the celebs. 

27 minutes ago, carrin817 said:

I think this season has been her best as far as wardrobe but I did not like the pants. Maybe I would have liked them better if they were a different color but I hated that puke green. Also, while she's a beautiful woman, she's too bow-legged to pull off that kind of outfit.

• Love 9

I’ll give Sailor a break on the crying.  I’m sure emotions were still running high from Lauren’s dance right before the elimination.  If she’s anything like me, she cries when people around her are crying.  Once Lauren was back with the rest of the cast after her dance, I’m guessing there were many tears from everybody.  Then to try to pull it together, find out you’re in the bottom 2, and then eliminated - that’s a lot in a short period of time.  Sometimes the emotions and crying just get the best of you, no matter how hard you try to control it.  I just wish they could have muted her mic somewhat - I’m sure she’ll look back on that and cringe a little.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I thought Sailor was overscored and overpraised.   She seemed very heavy on her feet and ploddy.  All I could think about was someone who seemed thin or in shape "looking" but actually wasn't very strong in reality.  Huh I guess that's a model.   She looks like she should be more athletic or coordinated than she is.

I kept wondering what Sailor would have been if she had "found her own" instead of being forced in to modeling because of her mother.  What would Sailor Cook have become?

She is cute but not really beautiful in a dramatic and eye catching way. I'm not trying to be mean to her.  She just isn't "striking", which is what her mother so wants her to be.

• Love 8